Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't even begin to know what to say that could assuage you or provide you with some sort of closure concerning Yuuno, Inugami. And whatever attempt I may do no matter how reasonable I may make it sound, I'll probably commit a big fumble and just say whatever pops into my mind. That being said, don't think it hasn't occurred to me when it comes to this. In fact, it's possible that in a near future I could be able to fix things a little more concerning Yuuno with a future fic project I have in mind. Let's just say that his role could have an improvement, as well as other stuff I'm thinking about.

As per NanohaxYuuno... I promise nothing, but at the very least you may like what you see since I have a certain angle about that.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Recorder of the World Lines AzureGrimoire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inugami View Post
    VIVID:

"Where girls are men, and men are NONEXISTENT."

Although the artist was kind enough to let Zaphira use his human form again, poor guy.

And yes, Nanoha+Yuuno.

And on the subject of Yuuno, a clip from his character sheet at TVTropes.com:

Shallow Love Interest: Effectively treated this way by the creators, despite actually having a developed personality, loads of plot-potential, and plenty of combat power. Beyond his use as a romantic possibility for Nanoha, the writers simply were not interested in developing anything more about him; they don't even explain where or how he gained Raising Heart. So when they decided, as of Sound Stage X, not to Ship Tease Yuuno with Nanoha anymore, he disappeared entirely from the plot and never receives another mention. Even back when he was on-screen he had vanishingly few interactions with anyone else in the cast, even counting the supplementary material manga and drama CDs.

Answer me this: What does Fate honestly think of Yuuno? What does Yuuno honestly think about Fate?

Any answer you can give me is your personal fanon, since the two of them have absolutely zero dialogue with each other. They never once speak to each other, and the number of lines they speak ABOUT each other can be counted on one hand.

Considering that Yuuno was one of the major eye-witnesses whose testimony and legal help KEPT HER OUT OF JAIL, and considering that they once joined forces to save Nanoha's life, and considering that they are effectively rivals for Nanoha's affections and for who gets to be Vivio's second parent...

Well, it's just UNNATURAL that we don't have the foggiest clue what they really think or feel about each other.

And from the Your Mileage May Vary page on the franchise:

They Wasted A Perfectly Good Character: YUUNO. In a series so focused on how the ancient civilizations and technologies of the past are enormously impacting upon the present day, having an archeologist, scholar and librarian of ancient knowledge in the cast would seem like a great idea. If nothing else, Yuuno could have continued his roll as Mr. Exposition in StrikerS, Sound Stage X, ViVid and Force, considering that no one would be better qualified to explain about the Belkan Reunification War, the Sankt Kaiser dynasty, the Saint's Cradle, the Hegemon Klaus and his relationship with Olivie, Queen Ixpelia and the Mariage, and perhaps even the Bible of the Silver Cross and its Eclipse Virus.
    Epic rant is EPIC!!!

This bond we have is like poison... Just one drop would destroy them all, no prisoners taken...
    Yuuhei Satellite - Tsuki ni Murakumo, Hana ni Kaze

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    I can't even begin to know what to say that could assuage you or provide you with some sort of closure concerning Yuuno, Inugami.
    Convince Mozco to set "Chaos Theory" aside and return to working on his Nanoha fic, "Infinity"?

It doesn't focus on Yuuno. It doesn't ship Yuuno with Nanoha (aside from possible ship-teasing in one single chapter). It doesn't HAVE to do any of those things, either, because it uses him exactly as Yuuno ought to have been used in the franchise, and even pokes fun at how he was phased out.

I can't even complain that Yuuno still doesn't have a Device in it, since no one really thought he was going to need one after the Book of Darkness incident. Though Mozco assures me that if he writes that StrikerS-era fic he had in mind, Yuuno WOULD get a Device.

That being said, don't think it hasn't occurred to me when it comes to this. In fact, it's possible that in a near future I could be able to fix things a little more concerning Yuuno with a future fic project I have in mind. Let's just say that his role could have an improvement, as well as other stuff I'm thinking about.
    Cool.

I'd be willing to share my thoughts about his background, Raising Heart, and any possible Device you might consider giving him.

As per NanohaxYuuno... I promise nothing, but at the very least you may like what you see since I have a certain angle about that.
    Although I prefer Nanoha/Yuuno, it's not like I have anything against Nanoha/Fate. But the series hasn't been honest OR respectful about it at all, and that pisses me off.

If Nanoha and Fate are going to be together, I wish they'd just LET them be together, and not sacrifice a perfectly good character just to string us hetereosexual-shipping fans along when they clearly don't give a damn about what we want anyway.

And the it's worse that they replace Yuuno by introducing largely pointless new character in the third season. Especially that Verossa Acous guy and his sister Charim, who do next to NOTHING.

Anything Verossa investigated or anyone he captured, Yuuno could have done with scrying and binds. Anything Charim saw in a vision, Yuuno could have discovered in a tome of prophecy.

Hell, give Yuuno a Device and the same AMF training as the Forwards and Strikers, and he could have been a GREAT asset on the battlefield!

And for fuck's sake, LET Yuuno and Fate have at least one damned conversation with each other. Would it really be a bad thing if they were friends?

Would it hurt anything if they were actually deliberately-competing romantic rivals?

No device and only two things have ever gotten past his barrier, the upgraded Starlight breaker with barrier breaking properties and a battle between the mid-childa users and belkan users in one room.

Give him a fucking device, then he's, quite literally, a flying fortress with magical healing abilities, Shamal be damned.

Things that need to be animated

StrikerS manga epilogue, Nanoha vs Signum ftmfw

SSX

Force, Signum vs Whatsherface from the huckbeing ftmfw

I'm a bit of a Signum fanboy, especially since she's, effectively, the second strongest combatant in the series, if not tied with first since it's been stated that Fate has only beaten her once, and that was in A's

On a side note, I actually watched the Triangle Hearts OVA before Nanoha.

So, when my friend made me watch every episode with her, I was expecting Kyouya and Miyuki to find out about her magical girl life and then start kicking some major ass

I am so disappointed that it didn't happen

personally, I think Fate and Signum should go train under Kyouya and Miyuki to master the Takamachi family dual sword arts, massive badassery upgrade anyone?

My favorite characters are Signum (of course), and Arnage of huckbein
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    Convince Mozco to set "Chaos Theory" aside and return to working on his Nanoha fic, "Infinity"?
    I don't know who that guy is and I dunno if he'll listen to a total stranger like me. That said, is Chaos Theory one of the Splinter Cell games or a fanfic? Be specific.

Cool.

I'd be willing to share my thoughts about his background, Raising Heart, and any possible Device you might consider giving him.
    It's all still in my head for the moment, but you can go ahead and send me things via PM. At the very least I'll have something to work it. As a reward, I give you a brief sneak peak: Yuuno will be a mentor figure to a new character I'm planning to introduce in my project. Everyone needs one, right?

And for fuck's sake, LET Yuuno and Fate have at least one damned conversation with each other. Would it really be a bad thing if they were friends?

Would it hurt anything if they were actually deliberately-competing romantic rivals?
    The former is actually part of my plans. I suppose Yuuno deserves that and more.

I may sound a bit arrogant, but I could probably fill more plotholes than Tsuzuki-san could possibly have. At the very least, it may be one of the reasons why I could do this project. At the very least it'll take place post-StrikerS if that means anything.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

I thought Signum was the best combat mage and she never lost a match? What eves, she's still cool. If she dies, FORCE is dead to me. Even more if Hayate dies.

Also, Yuuno fanboy here.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Spoiler alert: Both Hayate and Signum live. But I was a little bummed for a moment when Hayate got stabbed, but she's a tough one.

And before Inugami asks, YES, Hayate-chan is a big part of my plans. I adore Hayate too much to just leave her in the bench for long. Such a mage of her caliber won't be gone to waste with me here.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I missed Yuuno.

He was my favorite character... ;_;

And Signum. Signum is love~
    And Chrono.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; August 5th, 2011 at 12:23 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post

Also, Yuuno fanboy here.
    Same here. Captain Bravo's only special ability was defense, and just look at how much ass he kicked. There's a helluva lot of badass potential for Yuuno. Even moreso if he makes an epic return, explaining that all his absences were actually Training from Hell sessions that turn him into the ultimate Barrier Warrior. Bonus points if he still doesn't have a device and manages to own his enemies.

Here's hoping for a grand return for both Chrono and Yuuno. Chrono is also full of win.

Too bad the creators don't care...... *cry*

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I'm planning for Chrono to get into the mix too.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Now that I think of it......

I've always wondered if there's a black-ops squad in the Nanohaverse. Like a group who take on assignments with no qualms on killing. Bonus points if they're just a bunch of normal humans with little to no magical abilities.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    ...Could be that I have something a little similar in mind.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

At least Chrono's happily married, and he has kids too!

While I'm initially against the idea of a secret wetwork team since the TSAB treats lethality like the Imperium treats heresy, it could also work if it's like a highly confidential group known only to a very few key individuals.

Blog Entries
    Or a family that has done such works in its existence.

*hint hint*

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Quote Originally Posted by DB-L View Post
    While I'm initially against the idea of a secret wetwork team since the TSAB treats lethality like the Imperium treats heresy, it could also work if it's like a highly confidential group known only to a very few key individuals.
    This.

Also, I've been reading and watching a lot of Jason Bourne. That's where the idea sprang up from.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    Or a family that has done such works in its existence.

*hint hint*
    The same family that also assumes Vivio is the result of a much worse 'incident' when Nanoha was 12. Of course, Nanoha is quick to cool their heads.

Blog Entries
    Uhh, perhaps not n.nU. I meant a different family living in Mid Childna.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Oh, never mind then. Thought you meant something from Triangle Hearts.

Kyouya and Miyuki have killed people before

oh shit, I had a great idea

Kyouya and Shinobu have a kid

he/she is then half-vampire and half human, bonus if he/she also has magical abilities on par with Nanoha

Then, when he/she grows older, he/she joins a TSAB black ops unit

awesomeness ensues
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam