Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll leave that idea to you, Kyokushi. I think I already have enough stuff in my hands and I'd be cramming in more than necessary. >.<
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    RadiantBeam created a black ops team in her AU fanonverse called the Shadowverse. A lot of it is just Vivio x Lutecia stuff though.

Here are all of them, if you're interested.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokushi View Post
    No device and only two things have ever gotten past his barrier, the upgraded Starlight breaker with barrier breaking properties and a battle between the mid-childa users and belkan users in one room.

Give him a fucking device, then he's, quite literally, a flying fortress with magical healing abilities, Shamal be damned.
    There were three off-screen instances where Yuuno's time/space barriers failed to contain Starlight Breaker; these aren't elaborated on, but it could be assumed that Yuuno wasn't trying his hardest, since it wasn't actually a life-or-death battle. Also, he may not be able to put any strength behind such a field after it's already been cast. And it's not actually defensive barrier, or even purely a containment barrier, since it's primarily supposed to keep Earth from noticing Nanoha's magic.

When Nanoha and Fate were going head-to-head with Hayate on bombardment magic, Chrono was counting on Yuuno to handle it by himself. Keep in mind, Chrono had just watched these girls destroy a Godzilla-esque monster with those same attacks. So did Yuuno, yet Yuuno was absolutely confident that he would prevent all damage.

Yuuno's not a particularly boastful sort, and Chrono is a no-nonsense professional whose opinion of Yuuno tends towards the antagonistic. I don't know why they'd be so confident that Yuuno could handle the backlash (because he's not directly blocking the attacks, just the aftermath of the collision), only for him to fail so badly.

Certainly, they couldn't have been counting on any notion that the girls would hold back -- Chrono himself witnessed how Nanoha couldn't be trusted to do that in a solo practice session, let alone a competition.

Really, the whole purpose was just to make the girls look that much stronger, and to point and laugh and the funny males for thinking they were on top of things. And while it was funny, it also seems to do more harm than good.

More on Yuuno's defensive strength, there are those who point out that we don't see Vita using Rocketform or cartridges against Yuuno. Which is a shaky argument, considering that we see most of the fight only from a distance, where such details can't be made out. Certainly, the one exchange we DID see up close showed neither of those things, but that was only a small portion of Vita and Yuuno's duel.

And those distance shots show Yuuno's streak of green light throwing itself at Vita's red streak as often as the reverse. Even without weapons or special attacks, Yuuno was apparently trying to RAM her like a flying brick wall.

And the whole time, he's actually splitting his concentration to work on breaking her Imprisoning Barrier. Which is a fact Vita could not have failed to notice. Which should have pissed her off as much as the fact that he's completely blocking her attacks, despite having no where near her combat experience OR a Device. Taken all together, and she should have been doing her level best to squish him like a bug.

But he is the ONLY TSAB combatant that came out of the fight without a scratch. Even Arf contracted some minor wounds, if I recall correctly.

I'm a bit of a Signum fanboy, especially since she's, effectively, the second strongest combatant in the series, if not tied with first since it's been stated that Fate has only beaten her once, and that was in A's
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5144486/1/Infinity

Read this story, and enjoy Signum being badass. Hell, enjoy EVERYONE being badass.

None of that lame-ass crap that happens in FORCE. Fucking Huckebeins.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    I don't know who that guy is and I dunno if he'll listen to a total stranger like me. That said, is Chaos Theory one of the Splinter Cell games or a fanfic? Be specific.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/31351/Moczo

"Chaos Theory" is his Shirou/Ilya AU of the Fifth Grail War. "Infinity", which I just linked above that, is a post-A's Nanoha fic that works much better as a third season than StrikerS ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    If she dies, FORCE is dead to me. Even more if Hayate dies.
    I'm just inclined not to give a damn about FORCE. Everything's bigger, louder, meaner, bloodier... Also, LOADS AND LOADS more characters who will never recieve proper fleshing out, while established older characters get basically nothing to do.

Except get their asses kicked to establish that these new villains are HORRIBLY BROKEN in the most boring way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyokushi View Post
    oh shit, I had a great idea

Kyouya and Shinobu have a kid

he/she is then half-vampire and half human, bonus if he/she also has magical abilities on par with Nanoha
    You may love this, which is not that, but touches on similar elements:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5304369/1/Blood_Spirit

It's written by DezoPenguin, a very fine author with plenty of other Nanoha stories worth reading.

Including one in which Yuuno and Fate, despite having no romantic feelings for each other whatsoever, agree to share Nanoha, since neither one wants to give her up, and she can't bring herself to choose.

Blog Entries
    Incidentally, I myself have been wondering about whatever history there is about Mid Childna. I mean, we have only seen tidbits about the Ancient Belkan kingdoms and all, but in a world that should have amounts of culture there must be indications as per the people's history. And what about fantastic creatures? I would have to think that it may be a possibility that they may have existed or still exist on the planet. Every world has its history, and sadly this isn't explored a whole lot in the Nanohaverse except in ocassional passing or when Caro used to be part of the Environment Conservation Corps or something similar.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Even without weapons or special attacks, Yuuno was apparently trying to RAM her like a flying brick wall.
    Inb4 Yuuno x Vita fics.

Chrono: What do you think of Vita?
    Yuuno: I'd hit that like a flying brick wall.

I'm just inclined not to give a damn about FORCE. Everything's bigger, louder, meaner, bloodier... Also, LOADS AND LOADS more characters who will never recieve proper fleshing out, while established older characters get basically nothing to do.

Except get their asses kicked to establish that these new villains are HORRIBLY BROKEN in the most boring way.
    Sounds like Nanoha's starting to suffer Bleach Syndrome. Excuse me...

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Personally, I like Force. Touma reminds me of Yuuno in a way, and yes, while the Huckebein are pretty broken and quite possibly the least sympathetic villains in Nanoha history, they're interesting in their own way, even if I don't like them, I can enjoy watching them get eventually taken down. Speaking of Yuuno, I was hoping that he would be brought in to help bond with Touma, but it seems Erio has taken that job...

Really, I don't like it, but I can accept that Yuuno has taken a desk job in the Infinity Library and as such, won't be on the front lines at all. What irritates me a lot is the fact that Yuuno canonically has romantic feelings for Nanoha, which is more than fate has, despite all the hints, and yet they simply ignore it. I mean, apparently the reason Chrono got married off to Amy was to stop the Chrono/Fate pairing, which was supposedly popular in Japan, yet they couldn't do Yuuno the same courtesy? Even a throwaway reference that he has a girlfriend or got married like Chrono would be fine, but not even that? Really disrespectful, to me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Inugami you should read Nanoha BetrayerS. It's done by the same guy that does Sword Dancers.

I thought Signum was the best combat mage and she never lost a match? What eves, she's still cool. If she dies, FORCE is dead to me. Even more if Hayate dies.

Also, Yuuno fanboy here.
    She's supposed to be (at least before she slashed up like a turkey by the Huckbein). We know she kicked Fate's ass a few months after A's from extra material. The only one we've seen come close to her combat wise is Nanoha and fights between Nanoha and Signum are supposed to turn into ridiculousness (and during StrikerS manga where we actually do see the two go toe to toe and it kinda is downright ridiculous. What with Signum choosing to tank Blaster 3, y'know the attack that blew up most of Saint's Cradle [which drains magical energy so her attack was weakened. The Blaster 3 Signum got hit with was probably it at full power] and hit Quattro, just to get a sneak attack on Nanoha).

Now that I think of it......

I've always wondered if there's a black-ops squad in the Nanohaverse. Like a group who take on assignments with no qualms on killing. Bonus points if they're just a bunch of normal humans with little to no magical abilities.
    Magic isn't lethal in Nanohaverse. I think the only thing that might have traversed into lethal territories is that the Book of Darkness used to create black holes (which I think killed an entire TSAB fleet or something I forget) or something (I forget) and cause Dimensional Quakes. And that's because it's well, the Book of fucking Darkness. I don't remember even Precia (who also has SS-Class Magic and has been shown to disable an entire space battle ship with a dimension teleporting bombardment spell) do something outright lethal.
    Last edited by Cruor; August 6th, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Inugami you should read Nanoha BetrayerS. It's done by the same guy that does Sword Dancers.
    Unfortunately, BetrayerS will never get conitnued nor finished and the worst part is that the author said it to be so. I guess Archer-ko just had too much pull on that guy and thus he isn't bothering to continue

*Insert related Berserk-Idolmaster joke here*

Magic isn't lethal in Nanohaverse. I think the only thing that might have traversed into lethal territories is that the Book of Darkness used to create black holes (which I think killed an entire TSAB fleet or something I forget) or something (I forget) and cause Dimensional Quakes. And that's because it's well, the Book of fucking Darkness. I don't remember even Precia (who also has SS-Class Magic and has been shown to disable an entire space battle ship with a dimension teleporting bombardment spell) do something outright lethal.
    I would suspect that only if the situation becomes too extreme, unsalvageable or the perp in quesiton just doesn't want to relent and back down by arrest, magic being harmful may be the last resort any member of the Bureau would take. It wouldn't be impossible if you think about it and since the TSAB doesn't believe in using lethal force to get things wrapped up, it's only done when there is absolutely no other alternative. It may be hard to take in the aftermath, but they may have to accept things eventually and learn something from it.

This has taken a bit of a dark turn, but that's how I see it.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

This might be due to the "non-Administrative" status, but I'm surprised the TSAB didn't come to Earth and be all "stop shooting, bombing, stabbing, poisoning, maiming, bludgeoning, and otherwise killing each other."

Blog Entries
    What do you mean? Can you elucidate?

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    and the worst part is that the author said it to be so.
    I thought he just put it on hiatus. Or, 'not anytime soon' but that was awhile ago though and I could still be listening to outdated info.

This might be due to the "non-Administrative" status, but I'm surprised the TSAB didn't come to Earth and be all "stop shooting, bombing, stabbing, poisoning, maiming, bludgeoning, and otherwise killing each other."
    Yeah, probably because it's a non-administrated world.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

What do you mean? Can you elucidate?
    I meant that if Nanoha's Earth was anything like ours, the TSAB would be more than appalled at our warfare tactics, the crimes that happen, and generally what's going on right now (especially the genocides in Africa).

But as Cruor said, the TSAB probably has a doctrine of non-intervention for non-administrated worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by DB-L View Post
    Inb4 Yuuno x Vita fics.
    Too late. Kinda.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4527761/...h_Nut_to_Crack
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5090891/1/Image_Change (number 2 on the page, but read all of it)

Chrono: What do you think of Vita?
    Yuuno: I'd hit that like a flying brick wall.
    Heh.

Tsundere-fixations aside, Vita is probably strictly a Hayate-girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    Really, I don't like it, but I can accept that Yuuno has taken a desk job in the Infinity Library and as such, won't be on the front lines at all.
    Except that he's actually one of the most powerful mages allied with the TSAB.

No, really. He's at least as strong as Chrono despite having no Device (and Chrono has two), and their very powerful friends are only several in number. Yuuno might very well be in the Top Ten list for sheer power, out of the entire TSAB forces.

You can't even hold his nature as a support mage against him, considering that Hayate made sure to have the likes of Shamal, Zaphira and Caro in her unit.

When Hayate was trying to prepare for the JS Incident (and yes, they knew something involving Jail Scaglietti, Combat Cyborgs, drones, AMF technology, and Relics was going to happen eventually), she made sure to get all of her old, powerful friends reassigned from all the different military branches they had found themselves in, to get them all under one roof. She EVEN went and picked four shining new hopefuls from the ranks. She was loading for bear.

So she should have done the same for Yuuno, and also gotten him a Device.

Notice that Fate didn't stop doing her job as an investigator, or Nanoha as a personel trainer, even as they personally trained with new Device upgrades and accustomed themselves to spellcasting in AMF conditions. Yuuno wouldn't have needed to stop working as a librarian, either.

Incidentally, I myself have been wondering about whatever history there is about Mid Childna. I mean, we have only seen tidbits about the Ancient Belkan kingdoms and all, but in a world that should have amounts of culture there must be indications as per the people's history. And what about fantastic creatures? I would have to think that it may be a possibility that they may have existed or still exist on the planet. Every world has its history, and sadly this isn't explored a whole lot in the Nanohaverse except in ocassional passing or when Caro used to be part of the Environment Conservation Corps or something similar.
    Yeah, that was another ball that StrikerS dropped. If anything, that season only CONFUSED everything we'd already been able to gather about the history of the setting.

And it's another area in which Yuuno could have been really useful.

Was watching Indiana Jones when a wacky idea struck me: Yuuno Scrya and the Ark of the Belkans.

Spoiler:

Okay, attempted to edit the last post, but my computer didn't like that. Fucking Window 7.

I attempted to amend my statement about Yuuno's 'top ten' ranking when I remembered that the TSAB does in fact have mages like the Lieze Lotte twins (despite those two being familiars), Zest, Quint, and Lutecia's mother. But there still aren't that many of them, fewer still who would be willing to take orders from Hayate, and yet fewer still whom Hayate knows she can trust and rely on.

Blog Entries
    Was watching Indiana Jones when a wacky idea struck me: Yuuno Scrya and the Ark of the Belkans.
    Fund it?

Also Inugami, aren't Zest and Quint dead?

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Fund it?
    Heck yeah.

Also Inugami, aren't Zest and Quint dead?
    But they existed, is the point.

And by existing they cast doubt on the idea that Nanoha and gang are the only ass-kickers in the TSAB.

Random S Mage: [materializes a sword-type device] Device Activate! Charging......

Yuuno Jones: ........ [warps mage into space]

S Mage: A---! [dies]

Spoiler:

Who gets face-melted?

Random S Mage: [materializes a sword-type device] Device Activate! Charging...... *fancy sword play*

Yuuno Jones: ........ [pulls out a gun and shoots]

S Mage: A---! [dies]

Yuuno Solo: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
    Fix'd for Indy, and Han.

Blog Entries
    probably strictly a Hayate-girl.
    Heh, just a morsel of what fans call the Yagami Harem. Did I mention I adore Hayate?

I think I may post a fanfiction thread in the coming months in the Non-Type Moon Fanfic thread featuring MSLN. I'll pitch some ideas in there just for everyone to see.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!