Page 1 of 38 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanomachy (OOC)

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Titanomachy (OOC)

“May all your dreams come crashing down, and may all your hopes come to naught! And, may your suffering be as endless as your chase!”

What is this about?
    In Titanomachy you are a student of Zeus Experimental High School, in a certain city of Iowa, USA. Created by a certain eccentric man, this school was created by the single-minded purpose of fostering talent over anything else. The theory is that by making a school filled only with students that are talented in any kind of field (be it physical or intellectual), they would push one each other to surpass their limitations, and keep going through the path of talent. How such an idea got government funding and backing, nobody knows, but the fact is the Zeus Building was erected in midst of the city, and opened its doors five years ago. You are one of the many talented ones studying there, and life is as normal as it could be...

Until, of course, everything changes. After a strange tremor makes the school shake, it will be ripped from our world and transported to a new and strange world, and all of the students and teachers within will come along for the ride. There, you'll have to face a situation of desperate survival, while obtaining new and strange powers, and fight against creatures that seem to have been taken from the myths of our world. And soon, you will find yourself playing against a complicate mesh of allegiances between many factions, in order to look for what is best for your continued survival.

Sounds interesting, how do I create my character?
    *****************************?yc1kgvyv8dwy1ey

Credits to Sei for lending me her system, and to hero and Airen for betaing it. And LeopardBear for making the purty image.

When will this start? Deadline for sheets? Slots?
    This RP will have 8 slots, maybe a tad more, and the sheets to make it will be selected by quality. This RP will start sometime late December/early January, so try to have your sheets sent by then.

Deadline: December 23th.

Slots:
    1. LeopardBear - Washington Irving
    2. Airen - Rika Griffin
    3. Katie - Stella Skye
    3.5. Katie - Rosary Flowers
    4. Erlkonig - Masaki Tomomi
    5. hero - Masaki Taichi
    6. Spinach - Cyrus Ferdinand
    7. Franny - Johnny Justice
    8. Vritra - Michael Adhikari
    9. Mooncake - Max L. Rowan (Leo)
    10. Bloble - Jordan J. Jones
    11. MssrNeko - Adam Baumer
    12. Sei - Marissa Eren
    13. Mormarth - Alexandra Gray
    14. Kuroyuki - Kyle Dunn
    15. llednaroth - Sarah Vale
    16. Dranes - Arthur MacKnight
    17. I3uster - Rita Lin
    18. Zagrin - Bill Stars
    19. Plue - Eilian Aubrey
    20. Arkturus - Harry Blackfield
    21. Deus Magnus - Palad1n

What can you tell us about the NPCs?
    The student NPCs that will come to the new world with you will be mostly defined after the PCs themselves have been decided. However, there are some NPCs that have been already made, and I will show them here:

Spoiler:
    Some NPCs:

Rose Deschamps:
    The president of the Student Council. Due to the Student Council being the ones who distribute the funding to the clubs, and the role clubs fullfil in such a school, Rose has a great deal of power concentrated in her. That said, she is a kind girl who is always seeking to help everyone, despite spending her weekdays drowned in paperwork. Due to this, she is pretty popular and well liked by the students, despite her leadership abilities being a bit lacking. She is best friends with Rosalin ("We both have rose-themed names! Let's be friends") and is also friends with Alexander.
    http://i.imgur.com/CoQwHO9.jpg

Alexander Tanner: The vice-president of the Student Council. The guy who actually runs the whole thing while Rose takes care of the paperwork. Has true leadership qualities, although his skill at fencing is what got him into Zeus in the first place. Always calm and collected, kind and considerate, he is probably the single most popular student in the whole school, and even got a fanclub made up exclusively of girls, much to the annoyance of the male student population. Friends with Rose, and a lot of speculation about the true nature of their relationship has been had.
    http://i.imgur.com/tQxbeZA.jpg

Rosalin Lovell: The one in charge of the Student Council's treasury. A though girl with a thorny attitude, she seems to have been dragged to the whole business by her self-proclaimed best friend, Rose. Despite this, she seems to take her job with unusual seriousness. Apparently does not get along well with her own class, despite being respected by the different clubs (what with being the one who manages the fundings).
    http://i.imgur.com/WlwVNkT.png

Zhong Thacker: An unpleasant girl that is the leader of the local gang of Zeus. Violent and unpredictable, nobody knows how or why she was admitted in the School, or why she still remains despite her historial of violence. All that is known is that she and her gang continue to terrorize the other inhabitants of the school. Her gang has no name, but they distinguish themselves from others by dying their hair red. Zhong is half-chinese, half-american, but no other details about her procedence are known.
    http://i.imgur.com/fEpWUcK.png

Stacy Tirrel:
    A member of Zhong's gang. The closest thing she has to a friend. Apparently comes from a rich family, and is pretty spoiled, doing whatever she wants whenever she wants. Despite her appearance, she speaks with unexpected refinement, and is knowledgeable about many things. This does not stop her from being as violent as any other member of the gang.
    http://i.imgur.com/g9s5DKY.jpg

Monster and NPC wise ups, courtesy of Erlkonig and Spinach (for the NPC data):
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1582629

Classmates List:

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1699176

Self

Self Mechanics

Self: The number that represents the integrity of your soul. Defined by your own sense of identity, your own ego, and the recognition of others, as a warrior fueled by the power of your own spiritual energy, the Self could be called your lifeline, your most basic and most precious characteristic, as your very spirit depends on it. If your Self is in a low value, hits zero, or hits negative values, many bad things may occur, although there may be the possibility of getting benefits out of it, depending on the situation.

Self Loss: There exist many events in Titanomachy that can reduce your Self value. Ranging from a direct interference in your soul, as happened at the end of the Prologue, to attacks on your mind, to certain kinds of insanity, to the loss of someone precious to you. Enhanced Humans, beings that have achieved a measure of control over their own soul, can control the loss of their Self somewhat, and are able to voluntarily reduce it, converting it into an enhancement to their own body, which has become deeply connected to the soul. Half of the Self voluntarily lost can be converted in stat points for a single turn.
    As an example, Taichi lost 10 Self, and converted them into 5 points of STR for this one turn, which he used to hit the Faceless One even harder.
    The current maximum of stat points obtainable via this method is 6.
    10 self can be sacrificed once per day to obtain 40 HP or SP.

Self Gain: Self can be recovered by certain events, as well as by augmenting the Relationships of your character, both in depth and in number. Also, like with SAN in Onigokko, you can attempt to transfer some of your own Self (for a maximum initial value of 5) to someone else, although this must be roleplayed, and in the case of the NPC, whether he or she will accept the Self points is up to how you do it, and the GMs decision. Each rank in a Relationship with someone else allows you to transfer an additional 2 Self to him or her (25 becoming the maximum at Relationship 10).

Possession: One of the many things that can happen when having low Self. Once Self is lower than 30, possession by one of the many spirits inhabiting this world becomes possible. Possession, however, only happens under certain circumstances, and the personality of the vessel also determines what kinds of spirits can possess them. There are many unknown details of how possession works, but once one’s Self reaches 0 or below, chances of Possession become extremely high.

Mutations: As one’s Self approaches zero, effects can be noticed in the personality and the mindset, but none of them transcend to the realm of the physical… at least until one reaches 0 Self and beyond. Once that happens, and every ten points of negative self afterwards, there is a chance of undergoing a random Mutation. Mutations can vary from minor to major, and they can be a blessing in disguise, giving the afflicted increased options and power, at the cost of higher instability and easier loss of Self. The effects of the Mutations can be really varied, and as one mutates more and more, pre-existing mutations may become harsher in their effects. Each Mutation has its own particularities, and they may be affected by the background of the afflicted, even by their nationality, or their power, etc.
    For example, Japanese are more prone to get Youkai-based Mutations.

The Lost: When one reaches zero Self, control of oneself is Lost, and one becomes an empty creature guided by mere instinct that will consider everything nearby a threat, and thus will attack on pure instinct. The target possesses all the skills and abilities it possessed before becoming Lost, but its Spiritual Rank is halved, then multiplied by ten, and the result is distributed between their stats, acquiring more raw power in exchange for losing any social function and capability of interaction in a non-hostile manner. Those in the Lost status will automatically lose ten Self on the first turn, then lose two Self per turn, going into the negatives, and only being able to be pulled back into sanity by having their Self brought up back into positive numbers. However, upon returning from the Lost status, their maximum Self capacity is reduced by twenty. As the maximum quantity of Self an Enhanced Human can reach is 150, those are bad news.
    Because once one completely loses all capacity to have Self, they become permanently Lost and cannot be brought back except via extremely special or unique methods (such as one of the uses of a Philosopher’s Stone). These miserable creatures are called the Lost Ones, or merely the Lost, and are naught but wandering, mindless robots of flesh that wander the world killing everything they come across, echoing what they once were until they finally meet their end. In sum, they have completely ceased being human, and all they can wait for is for the release of death. They might undergo extreme mutation based on the Spiritual Power, which will often go out of control, and they may quickly become a danger much more fearsome than any Monster if not taken care of fast enough.
    Pray that the day one of you reaches this state may never come to pass.

Crazy Speculation, the doc, courtesy of Erl:
    Here

Experience Points (EP):
    Points of experienced received via participation in combat in someway, that represent your character improving both physically and spiritually. They are directly employed as stat points when leveling up on a safe zone or otherwise, and are added by the players themselves to their stats of their choice.

Normally speaking, 1 EP translates directly to one point in any of the six stats, or either 5 HP or 5 SP when added to those particular stats. However, when getting a stat above 20, one point added to said stat will cost 2 EP, and when getting it above 30, it will cost 3 EP, and so on. For HP and SP, the cut offs are above 100, above 200, and so on.
    Last edited by RacingeR; November 12th, 2019 at 12:02 AM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First response post get.

Gimme an hour. >_>
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Oh so you don't credit me, I see how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Silly feline, what are you talking about?

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Awwww yissss, finally here~
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    JOINING
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Do we put points in HP and SP, or that, like in Oni, is determined by GM fiat?

Okay, so we get three Perks; one is the focus, and one is the unbound?

Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Do we put points in HP and SP, or that, like in Oni, is determined by GM fiat?
    GM fiat.

And Fate-Breaker is a fourth perk that you get from free, and out of the generosity of my soul. And is definitely not setting up anyone from anything. Nope. Not at all.

quotes

Okay, what about Attributes, then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    Okay, what about Attributes, then?
    You start with Human and Unbound. You cannot modify them at character creation, but certain actions IC might result on them changing, or getting new ones.

quotes

I will join this here thing you have here sir

i am intrigued

@Jormungandr: What kinds of activities won't be accepted under the Focus? I get that they set the character apart as a personal field of excellence, but I'm guessing the school accepts a wiiii~iide range of things that fulfill that criteria if that's all it takes to get in.

Blog Entries
    Cracking knuckles, putting nose to grindstone, pen to paper, etc.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    @Jormungandr: What kinds of activities won't be accepted under the Focus? I get that they set the character apart as a personal field of excellence, but I'm guessing the school accepts a wiiii~iide range of things that fulfill that criteria if that's all it takes to get in.
    As long as it is not something too weird or removed from common sense, really.

They have accepted some weird students, that said.

quotes

Blog Entries
    It's here. Now what to design....

Hmm, now to think of a concept.

Blog Entries
    Please fill out so people can know if we have too much or too little and adjust accordingly.

Also because it is soooooooo much easier to keep track of who is who that way plz.

........You're seriously doing that again?

Blog Entries
    Welp, Leo did it again.

quotes