Page 1 of 35 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Phearo's Fan Dump Art Camp

Phearo's Fan Dump Art Camp

I've no idea why I wrote that title, to be honest.

Sometimes when my mind temporarily lapses into insanity, I end up making things like this, and now my brain tells me I need to share this with you guys as well.

Well, I'm more trying to practice the style and everything, but here goes the first picture.

Oh and I have a terrible sense of humor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	9527  
    Last edited by Phearo; December 11th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    The image in the spoiler tag has broken link and isn't showing. Why did you put it in the spoiler anyway?

For one standard page comic you should pick the font sizes big enough for all the text to be readable from the image size on deviantart without any downloading. Also, I recommend you to shrink down those huge page margins. The stuff that matters, i.e. your comic should take the space on the page, not some blank areas.
    Last edited by Huitante; December 9th, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Quote Originally Posted by Superlandmine View Post
    The image in the spoiler tag has broken link and isn't showing. Why did you put it in the spoiler anyway?
    It was working back then.

For one standard page comic you should pick the font sizes big enough for all the text to be readable from the image size on deviantart without any downloading. Also, I recommend you to shrink down those huge page margins. The stuff that matters, i.e. your comic should take the space on the page, not some blank areas.
    I agree completely, but I have no idea how to do these kinds of things on Manga Studio. I'll make sure to keep it in mind, though.
    Hamburgers.
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Phearo View Post
    It was working back then.
    I see the link has some token attached, must be a session id or something. Apparently you can't just use a download link for embedding. Urls or the resized images on the deviation pages are fit for embedding or maybe you can use some image hosting to upload it and then embed here.

I agree completely, but I have no idea how to do these kinds of things on Manga Studio. I'll make sure to keep it in mind, though.
    You can change margins in the Story->Change Page Format Guide, the "Basic Frame" section. You can also set it in the similar dialogue when creating new page through
    File->New->Page menu.

And there's always the option to just crop the margins off from the resulting image in some other editor

As for font sizes, it's more of a trial and error method. Pick a size, see if it's readable on a certain zoom level, if not pick bigger, something like that
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

I see the link has some token attached, must be a session id or something. Apparently you can't just use a download link for embedding. Urls or the resized images on the deviation pages are fit for embedding or maybe you can use some image hosting to upload it and then embed here.
    Ah, well. I'll just remove the spoiler.

You can change margins in the Story->Change Page Format Guide, the "Basic Frame" section. You can also set it in the similar dialogue when creating new page through
    File->New->Page menu.

And there's always the option to just crop the margins off from the resulting image in some other editor

As for font sizes, it's more of a trial and error method. Pick a size, see if it's readable on a certain zoom level, if not pick bigger, something like that
    Mkay. I tend to go for really small fonts on anything most of the time, so I'll just have to be extra careful.
    Last edited by Phearo; December 14th, 2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Hamburgers.

I don't really know if double posting is allowed, but here's a WIP.

Hamburgers.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Double posting is actually a pretty common occurrence, so it's fine. Also, is Archer supposed to be jumping over Shirou, or is it a sort of reflection of the two?
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    Double posting is actually a pretty common occurrence, so it's fine. Also, is Archer supposed to be jumping over Shirou, or is it a sort of reflection of the two?
    That... I haven't decided yet.
    Hamburgers.

A little KnK Sketch for Christmas, I suppose.
    Hamburgers.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cuuute. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Oh hey.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Oh hey.
    Oh hi MarkLeo
    Hamburgers.

for some reason I can only upload unfinished stuff here
    Hamburgers.

WAIT I ACTUALLY FINISHED IT

Hamburgers.

Ahoge! Where's ahoge?!
    I like the grainy texture

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Ahoge! Where's ahoge?!
    I like the grainy texture
    I wanted to add the ahoge, but then,
    I saw this
    Last edited by Phearo; January 12th, 2014 at 09:18 AM.
    Hamburgers.

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    WAIT I ACTUALLY FINISHED IT

this is very nice. it reminds me i NEED to get used in using the computer for graphic work...

So, guys, I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not, because this isn't honestly type moon fanart (it's pretty much a contest entry for lotsa dallas) but I seriously don't do much fanart (Can I post my other drawings here too?)

So, anyways:

... Screw it, I'll put some of my non-fanart ones here too, just to fill this up(these are just a bunch of old ones, by the way):

Hamburgers.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, guys, I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not, because this isn't honestly type moon fanart (it's pretty much a contest entry for lotsa dallas) but I seriously don't do much fanart (Can I post my other drawings here too?)

So, anyways:
    Ooh, very nice Lightning. :3
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless