Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Man's Sky

Blog Entries
    Master's thesis: theorize what about 'open world games' is male nerd catnip.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Got refund through steam.

Game seems to stutter more than my super enhanced skyrim, despite barely being anything of visual importance being on screen.
    Game just kind of dunks you in without any sort of tutorial or main menu.
    Game seems locked into windowed mode on my computer for some reason?
    Yay I got pre-order bonuses, but while I accessed them I couldnt figure out what to do with them. Said something about pressing the Y button on my controller which did nothing. Seems I got another ship with goodies, but no way to summon it or find out where it is.
    Controls felt bad. Slow movement, awkward aiming. Menu design is just mystifying.
    To make the above worse, i got attacked by 3 flying drones within like 4 minutes of me stumbling around, who then called another 3 buddies who killed me.

Ah fuck it I've bought it just because I'm curious about it technically, if it's totally balls I'll refund it.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A shame, it could've been something good.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Ah fuck it I've bought it just because I'm curious about it technically, if it's totally balls I'll refund it.
    Seems balls to me. I have enough crappy games on my steam account to say I don't normally go "this game is shit" and get a refund.

Actually this is literally the first thing I've ever demanded a refund for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDIGIT View Post
    A shame, it could've been something good.
    So could have been spore. Both had really ambitious systems but the devs dont really seem to have capitolized on it much.

No-Man's-Sky has the largets sandbox ever, but its toys dont seem fun to play with.

I could be wrong, but I'll wait for updates and a sale before I look at this game again.

- - - Updated - - -

Also hilariously said floating killer drones were still there when i rez'd. Who then called more drones I quit before that endless loop could perpetuate further.

Gave it a quick try. I'm stranded on an arid planet.

Fixed my ship.

This place looks more interesting, let's go.

Seems inhabited.

So, thoughts:

Technically it's cool, it's very nice how you can go planetside and just take off and fly into space seamlessly.

It has nice music.

I think it's more of a game you'd just play and be chill and listen to the music and wander around. Reminds me more of 'walking sim' type stuff.

Would I, personally, play it for long? Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing @ 3840 x 2160 High Settings I get 30FPS (6 Core Intel Xeon, 24GB RAM, GTX 980Ti)
    Last edited by Strife ❤️; August 13th, 2016 at 05:46 PM.

マリーの味方
    Honestly the more I hear of this game the more it seems like it would have been a cool $20 game but is absolutely not worth $60

A shame it wasn't a bit more like Starbound

"They're all excellent kids after all." Sky Master's Avatar
    I just feel sorry for all the people who pre-ordered. I guess I understand the premise, but I don't think I've pre-ordered a copy of anything in at least the last five years. Seems like too many companies are banking in on the practice and forgetting to make actually decent content.

These days even if its a title that's caught my interest I usually wait at least a week after release to see consumer reactions. Playing it safe I guess...

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    So, it didn't live up to it's hype. What a shame. I had high hopes for this.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.