Thread: Katie plays Pokemon Obsidian! (NUZLOCKE EDITION)

Blog Entries

Katie plays Pokemon Obsidian! (NUZLOCKE EDITION)

WOOOOOOOOOOO

(Obsidian is a Platinum hack that adds all of the Pokemon available in Generation IV and changes a bunch of types and stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    1. CATCH ONLY FIRST ENCOUNTER
    2. SHINIES MAY BE CAUGHT BUT CAN'T BE USED
    3. NAME EVERY FRIEND
    4. IF FRIENDS FAINT THEY ARE DEAD
    5. BY THE WAY IF I SEE A DUPLICATE ENCOUNTER I WILL SKIP UNTIL THE NEXT NEW THING
    6. WOOOOOOOO
    Table of Contents
    1. This post.

god where do i begin

THIS IS ME.

A FITTING NAME FOR THIS ASSHOLE.

Why are you so terrible?

God you are so stupid.

Turtle power, suck it Leroy. Actually he only used Leer, so it was kind of easy, if risky.

Living on the edge.

Because he will crush everything in his way.

...Okay. No. He's named after the turtle in Finding Nemo. He's a rad dude.

Return, woooooo!

his name is wet because literally i could not think of anything better

Named after the BL member because Starly evolves into a (Sta)raptor. Bad joke, I know.

Morm is a risk taker though, it's scaring the living heck outta me.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I saw it earlier and thought why not, especially since Luxray is retyped as Electric/Dark. Too bad this guy has Rivalry instead of the vastly more useful Intimidate.

Persona reference because butterflies. He's going to be super useless for a few levels until he becomes a Butterfree. I need more female Pokemon.

Better than you, bro.

WHOOOOPS

Switched to Crush, who tanked the Starly and almost murdered it until Barry shockingly switched. Then Wet crit the silly Chimchar like a boss. Good job Wet.

Morm cleans up the silly Budew with another crit. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah! It could have definitely gone south; that Starly hit like a train.

Anyway, shut up because I will crush you until the end of time.

Rugged Path has Elekids at 5% emcounter rate. Elekid line is Electric/Fighting now. I have one Pokeball and it breaks.

You have no idea how insanely irritated I am.

P.S.

Crush, who has by far an amazing ability in a Nuzlocke. I forgot to screen his stuff until now, whoops.

NEXT TIME: KT FIGHTS ROARK AND HOPEFULLY DOESN'T GET WRECKED BY ROCKS
    Last edited by Katie; December 23rd, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    Pretty amusing so far. Nice job!™
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Awesome!
    Too bad for the Elekid lol

Blog Entries
    Last time stuff happened.

This time...

Dude was my Route 204 catch. He was a Pikachu and had a speed reducing nature. He sucks. Additionally, I always name my Pikachu Blitzkrieg except for in Y where the word triggers the naming filter. Sigh.

Morm is a good bird.

Julia is the feminine form of Julius. I'm not elaborating on my retarded naming logic.

Yay, something with a 4x weakness to Rock. I'm overjoyed.

Jesus this trainer was annoying, Uproar hurts like hell. Crush is an amazing tank, though.

Gamefreak please don't do this to me. I just wanna bust in and kick some ass.

Caught this gal on Route 207. Charmander now has Flash Fire and I needed the type diversity. Scarlet is named after the Scarlet Empress of Exalted fame. It'll make sense if she lives long enough to survive.

There was a bottle of mineral oil lying on my desk. this is the coal mine catch, wish I got an Aron or something cooler.

I'm so amazed, Roark. Now get the hell back to your gym.

These Ponyta on Route 207 give like twice the experience of everything else. It's great.

People evolved. I'm pretty happy at Wet's evolution, he'll be useful for the upcoming gym.

I'm at the same levels as Roark's team, so everything is good. Might be a bit too close for comfort, though.

Oh. This happened too. Stronger Double Kicks? Why the heck not? Too bad Julia has Rivalry, that .25x decrease in damage versus the opposite gender is annoying.

You shouldn't be proud, you're the first Gym Leader, man.

LET'S GO

He leads with a Lileep, sets up Stealth Rock, heals the dumb plant with a Potion, and I finally kill it. And he has a full team of six. This will be a fun ride.

Fossils? Fossils. I have to say the idea is ingenious; by using the nearly always dual typed fossils on his team, Roark forces you to switch out to exploit weaknesses and thus take damage from Stealth Rock. Pretty clever.

Also, that Shieldon sucked, it spammed Protect every other turn.

He popped a Potion on the thing at some point in the battle. Cranidos hit like a train and Crush was taking some pretty good damage. But it's a Cranidos, thing couldn't take that many hits.

You should have seen this coming, Roark. Your Kabuto was foreshadowing.

Them's the breaks, man.

Eeeeeeeeew Rock Smash and I guess Stealth Rock is cool, but I have no Rock types to exploit it with. And NPCs don't switch, ever.

I went back and grinded for an evolution so everything could be neat and tidy. Grotle is one of those second evolutions where I kinda just don't like it and want to be done with it ASAP.

Next time: KT derps around in Eterna? Morm will take the spotlight? Who knows?

Blog Entries
    A new Katie Nuzlocke!? Most definitely keeping track of this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT