Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2345691454 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanomachy (IC)

Dylan Rory McNeill
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Classroom – ???)
    Time: Day 1 – Afternoon
    Turn 1

I hate waking up, I hate waking up on Mondays, I hate waking up on Mondays after some godforsaken thing decides to play with my mind, I hate waking up on Mondays after some godforsaken thing decides to play with my mind to some Dungeons and Dragon reject trying to jump on my face, I hate- nah you know what fuck it, I’m just going to say I hate today and whatever the hell just happened and be done with it.

“Ok Dylan you need to stop thinking about what happened and start thinking about what to do” I mutter to myself as I try to repress the memories of that unsettling event while trying to take deep breaths to calm myself.

Let's see acid slime probably wants to eat you like it did that other person, which better not have been someone I cared about you stupid looking fuck. Quickly rummaging through my pockets I take stock of what’s on me and around me as I jump back to get as far as I can from the monster. Well on the bright side I still have my knuckles and stuff, on the downside punching acid is stupid, I need something with reach. Guess these desks and chairs will have to do, they probably won’t last long but there should be enough.

You know what I think I’ll give stupid a chance to explain itself on the offside that it defies conventions and is actually intelligent.

“Hello good Sir and or Madame I’m sure you don’t actually understand me but I am a forgiving soul so I figure I’d be nice enough to give you a chance so speak now or forever hold your peace. Also this is just because I’m really angry, my most sincere apologies” I say as I grab and throw the nearest desk at its stupid face before grabbing a chair and positioning it as a shield.

Spoiler:
    Dylan
    HP: 115/120
    SP: ???

STR 12, DEF 14, SPI ??, S.DEF ??, AGI 14, EVA 12

Perks:
    Devil’s silver tongue Focus Perk:
    [Relationships increase faster, up to a certain point. Influencing NPCs to see your point of view or to do things for you is easier, and penalties for having negative relationships are slightly reduced. Your lies are more effective, and it is hard for them to be seen through]

Diehard:
    [Level 1 Wounds can be ignored. Bleeding damaged reduced by 1. If HP reaches 0, you can keep going for 2 turns, but will die if not treated afterwards. If hit once again during such a state, will die.]

Combat Training:
    [When fighting with fists or brass knuckles, STR goes up by 2. When using firearms, precision roll difficulty goes down by 1. When using a sword or a knife, +2 STR is added on top of the normal bonus, and chances to cause level 1 bleeding are augmented.]

Last edited by Vritra; January 28th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – ?? Floor)

Drip. Drip. Drip.

It was an old sound, one Johnny had heard countless times. That siren's call that boomed in his mind, made his fingers itch and his mouth water. This place was the place he'd wanted from Zeus, where he was meant to be. Dangerous and deadly, this was everything he'd ever asked for of Zeus Academy, a place where people of 'talent' could 'hone' their skills. But Johnny had always been different from other people.

He only had a few talents, and none of them were what a body would call 'marketable'. They revolved around the only thing he knew for real, the sweat that ran down his back, the scent of blood, and the power behind his hands. A savage grin grew on Johnny's face as green eyes twinkled merrily.

His shirt was long, too long for him to easily fight one on one with it like it was. The sleeves were rolled up, and Johnny did the exact opposite of what was expected of him.

He walked forward. It was a dead end, with no other way to go, so clearly the only way out was straight on through. But it was always better to at least uphold the 'pretense' of courteousness. "Hello!" he called, a mocking lilt in his voice, "Are you part of the only dream that matters, or are ya just one of those outsiders scrabbling to get in?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Small Government Washington Irving

"Oh dear" was the first conscious thought of Small Government. Wherever he was, it wasn't America. Those skies weren't spacious, not really beautiful, very much not halcyon, and there was absolutely no fruit on the plain.

The second conscious thought was shame. He had a vague eagle memory of an eagle life, and there he was sure that he had never left America, which was unquestionably his birthplace. Furthermore, he was convinced that America was totally fine since up until now he had been in a perfectly fine America, and he knew that he couldn't go overseas in such a short time along with the entire rest of the school.

So, there was a fundamental problem here, and somebody was wrong. Which was probably his eagle memory, since it was, after all, only eagle memory. Given his hazy grasp of geography outside the school and his birthplace, and the distances he had been brought to get to the school... there was an inescapable conclusion.

The school, was, in fact, in Canada.

In motherfucking Canada.

Small Government looked at the sky and mused, "Canadian winter is a hell of a thing." He looked down - then smirked. "Apparently, so is Canadian health care." That was a whole lot of blood that should be inside your body - eating small creatures gives you a good idea of how much blood is in something, and Small Government ate critters by the dozen. But apparently one of them was alive. He quite frankly estimated her chances as quite little, since if she was injured he wouldn't be able to get her off the roof and an ambulance couldn't drive up, but he headed over anyways to do whatever he could.

Being a helpful bird took a backseat, though, as he noticed suddenly that there were some other birds who were out to do a bit of unscrupulous things and he was below them.

Being below someone is bad, he knew; none of his food had ever been above him, and in fact almost all of his food that he actually worked for had been dove upon and punked in the back of the head before they knew what was coming. He might know what was coming, but that wouldn't have much to protect him from getting punked in the front of the head, so he gained altitude as fast as he could - which probably still wouldn't bring him up to their level, but he at least needed to get started. Tempt them into diving, be ready to dodge, and intercept before they can regain energy.

Prepared dodge
    Last edited by SeiKeo; January 28th, 2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (The Streetlight)

You looked up towards the light… and saw nothing at all. No… you were sure that for a moment you had seen
    something else
    your own reflection
    up there, even though it should have been impossible.

A sudden noise interrupted your reverie, and you looked down towards the blotch of shadow moving around in the floor. You thought you had heard a voice coming from there, but that was also impossible… right?

“Hello? Someone there?” A calm, stoic feminine voice suddenly resonated through the place, shattering that illusion in an instant. There was no doubt now… the voice was coming from the blotch of darkness you had feared so much.

Someone was… ‘there’?

Rika Griffin
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 4th Floor)

“Look, I need you to stay very calm right now. Take a deep breath, and hear me.” Millia’s voice sounded severe. It had been the first time since you knew her that you had heard her being serious. Normally, she was always joking and talking with a voice that made you imagine an ~ at the end of every phrase, but now her voice was harsh and tranquil. As a medic, she probably was trained to conserve her calm under such conditions.

“I am going to need you to run towards the sixth floor, find the infirmary, and bring me a first aid kit. Here, take this.” She showed you a pair of broken chair legs, and gave you one of them. “There are things here… in the darkness. They have been attacking the students… I don’t know what they are, or how they look, but they are dangerous. Be careful.”

A rare bitter smile appeared in your teacher’s face. “I wouldn’t risk the life of a student if there wasn’t any other option, but right now I am the only one between this girl and a worse fate, so you will have to do your best. Don’t stop to engage… whatever appears in your way, and keep running.”

“It is now up to you, Griffin. No pressure.” At least she was still capable of joking.

Adam Baumer

Turn 1: Adam Baumer vs Decayed Beings

You had no doubts in your mind, only pure, overwhelming fear. In an instant, you bolted towards the door of the classroom… which in hindsight, proved to be a mistake.

Battle calculation

Decayed Being’s Speed
    -15 (Decayed Being’s AGI) > 8 (Adam’s EVA)
    Decayed Being’s Attack
    -25 (Decayed Being’s STR) – (22 – 1) (Adam’s DEF) = 4 damage
    --Sneak Attack. 4 x 1.5 = 6
    Adam’s HP: 180-5 = 174

A fist came from the door and smashed against your face with inhuman strength. Your body was as hard as steel, but the attack still stung, and was enough to interrupt your run and push you back.

Two more of these zombies emerged from the door, the cadaver of a boy (the one who just had hit you) and the cadaver of a girl. With the two bodies of boys rising behind you, this made four enemies in total. They moved with deceiving slowness, slowly surrounding you, and cutting out all your escape routes. The entrance was barred by the recent arrivals, and the two in your back would surely prevent you from reaching the windows. You could notice some sort of twisted mock of an intelligence shinning behind their dead eyes.

And the aura of terror that they emanated was enough to make you shudder in irrepressible fear.

Encountered Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy) x3
    Encountered Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl) x1

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy)
    Race: Undead
    Attributes: Unliving
    Spiritual Rank: -1

STR: 25
    AGI: 15

Perks:

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be an human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

Masaki Tomomi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway - ?? Floor)

“I-I don’t know… I was in the Swordsmanship club with nee-san and the Sempai… and then there was this sudden darkness, and I appeared a bit away from here in a classroom. And there were… monsters… there, so I just ran away…” At that moment, she paused, as if trying to recall something through foggy memories.

“And then… something in the darkness grabbed at me and I looked into its eyes… I started feeling weak and tired… that something was touching me, and I ran away until I found you…”

As you listened to her story, you noticed something. You had been feeling weak since you had woken up, but you had thought it was only natural after what had happened. However, now you noticed how cold you felt… and the sweat dripping down your back. Every step forward seemed to cost you a lot of energy, and only the combined might of Shinoko and you advancing at the same time was keeping you going.

What if… the thing that had stared at Shinoko… had never stopped staring at her…? What if it… had been staring at you since you woke up?

Tomomi has been afflicted with Unnatural Exhaustion Level 1

Step. Another step. But these weren’t your steps. These were the steps of something behind, and the eerie teal shine penetrating through the windows was not enough to show you what it was. It was lurking in the borders of the darkness… laughing to itself… and waiting.

Waiting for its prey to waver.

Cyrus Ferdinand

“Don’t call me bitch, damnit! It is Cecily you fucking idiot! I went out of the way to wake up and save your worthless ass, so you better drop that shit!” The girl practically dragged you out of the classroom and into the hallway. “Don’t stand too close to the goddamned bodies or they’ll start moving and chewing on you!”

You did not have much to resist the girl, and although what she had just said sounded like complete madness… you had perceived the body of a student moving slightly out of the corner of your eyes.

“We need to get to the gang’s room, we got a bunch of weapons hidden there we could use…”

The girl’s rant was suddenly interrupted by an horrible noise. You looked towards one of the extremes of the hallway…

And you saw a big monster lumbering towards you. Body composed of yellow matter that looked more like mucus than anything else, its big body taking up the hallway and completely blocking it with its girth. Its big, menacing maw was open, and even though it had no eyes, it was staring towards you.

Encountered Yellow Slime

“FUCK!” Cecily proceeded to completely lose her shit. “IT IS THE SAME THING FROM BEFORE! RUN!”

And without waiting for you, she bolted towards the other end of the hallway, clearly scared out of her wits.

Masaki Taichi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Swordsmanship Club)

It did not take much shaking to wake Kaitlin up, but as she opened her eyes, it became noticeable that she was as confused as you were.

“T-taichi? What happened?” She took a look around herself, clearly unable to understand anything.

“What is happening here? Where did the twins go?”

Rosary Flowers

You tried to run away, but such a thing was useless. You had no other option but penetrating through the eerie hallway, and seeing what lied beyond there. Running away was useless; your mind wouldn’t allow you. So… you hid. You embraced the darkness, and advanced even as fear invaded you, even as your every instinct screamed for you to not do this.

You finally entered through the hallway, penetrated through the door lied at its end, illuminated by the pale teal glow… and finally you saw it.

The most gruesome you had seen in your entire life.

The girl which was the only living thing in the classroom spun towards you. She seemed of your same age, but she was clad on a blood-covered suit instead of the Zeus uniform. She wasn’t from here? Had she… killed all the students there?

Her eyes were incredibly eerie. She looked towards you… no, towards your general area. It was clear that she couldn’t see you, just only perceive your general direction, but you still felt an inhuman fear crawl through your whole body, and you suddenly found yourself incapable of moving.

She moved… towards you. The blood in her suit disappeared in smoke, as if burnt away. Her incredibly creepy eyes moved closer, and the fear you felt only augmented.

“You are not it.” She suddenly declared, her soft voice reducing her statement as a whisper, yet it was clearly heard. “But you have the potential… like the three boys from before.”

Static. As she advanced towards you… her whole figure started to be covered by static like that of a TV, accompanied by the trademark screeching noise that started assaulting your ears all of a sudden. Before she even reached you, one step away from your trembling body… she disappeared away, a flicker of noise being the last thing you heard of her.

No… wait… something had remained behind. In the floor, a spot of static started moving, this time towards you. You wanted to scream and run, but your legs refused your commands, and your jaw remained completely shut.

The static reached your body, and started climbing your leg. An eerie, horrible sensation annihilated anything else you could be thinking about, and shut out all your senses, blacking you out as the thing crawled through your thigh, made its way through your torso, approaching your face. The feeling of it was… horrible, but not because it felt bad or it caused you terror. It was because… it felt weirdly good, it made you feel excited… and that was worse than anything else.

It finally got to your neck, passed through it, and reached your face. Before you managed to understand anything… it enter through your mouth… and you mercifully passed out.

You woke up instants afterwards. You were still in the eerie classroom illuminated by the teal light from outside. The bodies were still there, nothing had changed except that the mysterious girl was not there anymore. Your clothes were drenched with your sweat… but you were intact, and you noticed you could move freely again.

Lacie

You opened the door… and were greeted by an empty classroom covered in corpses. At least 20 students laid dead, grotesquely mutilated, their innards ripped out, and caked in blood. Some looked like they had been there for a time, while others looked way too recent for your own comfort.

You heard an eerie noise, and quickly turned around…

But saw nothing.

You were unable to determine from where the noise had come from, but you were sure there was something here. And that something might not be very friendly.

Dylan Rory McNeill

Turn 1: Dylan Rory McNeill vs Green Slime

The slime did not answer your polite request, instead concentrated in the desk coming its way. With a single bound forwards, the slimy whips it had created smashed against desk, melting through it and splitting it in two before it could reach its body. Seemingly satisfied, it advanced, and started to devour the desk.

It seemed your attack had not been very effective, but it had succeeded in giving you some time, as it was taking its sweet time to melt and eat away the desk.

Wise up!

Name: Green Slime
    Race: Slime
    Attributes: Slime
    Spiritual Rank: 0,5

STR: 20 + 4
    AGI: 21

Perks:

Acid Constitution [Slime Trait]
    As creature composed by acidic slime, touching it without care can be very perilous. If touched by bare skin, the slime will cause a violent burning pain. 5 HP is lost regardless of DEF when touching the slime, and repeated contact with it may disable a limb, or destroy a non-magical weapon.

Slime Manipulation
    Ability to manipulate its own monstrous shape. Many things or shapes can be created out of the acidic slime.
    [Slime Whips - Spiritual Ability. Creates a maximum two whips of acidic slime that augment STR by 2 each. Acid Constitution applies to them. Costs 5 SP per whip]

Johnny Justice

Something appeared. Something that slowly shambled forward, emanating a rotten smell and a sense of terror. It was an human body, the body of one of your teachers, and you couldn’t help but instinctively recoil at seeing its rotten figure. An human being shouldn’t look like that.

It advanced amidst the teal glower penetrating through the windows, its broken face eternally frozen in a menacing snarl, its hands transformed into rotten yet sharp claws.

Encountered Decayed Being (Human Adult)

And it was very clear its intentions were of the murderous nature.

Turn 1: Johnny vs Decayed Being (Human Adult)

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Being (Human Adult)

Perks:

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be an human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

Washington Irving

Turn 1: Washington Irving vs Mutated Crows

The girl seemed to have no injury whatsoever, and was just unconscious, like you had been only minutes before. It was curious, given that she was surrounded by dead bodies that looked like they had been ripped apart by the same crows that now were circling above you.

And talking about these crows… they seemed to have grown cautious after noticing you. They had descended; their circling becoming closer, but they did not attack you. You could pick up their murderous intent, though, and it was clear they wouldn’t hold back for long.

At least something in what remained of their instincts seemed to make them doubt on taking on an eagle.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Millia
    “It is now up to you, Griffin. No pressure."
    "Right, no pressure..."

A weak, strained smile.

Broken chair leg in hand, I rose from where I had knelt, and moved away from the desks, facing the unknown darkness of what should have been a familiar hallway.

"Alright, sixth floor, first aid kit, don't stop to fight anything... Should be easy enough..."

Talking more to convince myself than anyone else, I can feel my right arm shaking from a subconscious fear, gripping the broken chair leg with all the force the limb possessed. This whole situation was crazy. My friend was dying, there were apparently monsters in the dark, and the thick scent of blood hadn't faded when I had moved away from where Lara lay...

If you could smell it no matter where you were... What the hell kind of place was this?

...In the end, I suppose it doesn't actually matter.

Even if I was scared out of my mind, Lara's life depended on this... I couldn't wimp out here.

"I'll definitely make it back with the kit... So take care of Lara alright, teach?"

I just had to run there, and back.

Monsters, zombies... Possibilities of what apparently waited in the darkness flickered across the surface of my thoughts.

Mere minutes ago, something in the darkness had reached out and hurt me, hurt my thoughts, and left my body feeling cold like ice.

A mission like this should not be a problem for Rika Griffin.

Rika who stood up against bullies to protect her friends, who had never run from a street fight, who could laugh even while free climbing buildings she had no business being on...

That person... The person I saw in the mirror...

Nothing had changed.

No matter what had happened to me in the dark, I was definitely still that person-!

Taking one step forward, towards the stairs, towards the darkness, I break into a comforting sprint, footsteps sounding in the darkness.
    Last edited by Airen; January 28th, 2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Masaki Taichi

"I don't know. When I woke up just a minute ago, the club was like this, as if it had been thrown upside-down. More importantly, Are you okay, Kaitlin...? Can you move?"

I help her up slowly and with extra care, just in case. It doesn't seem like she's hurt, though. That's good, because we need to get out of here. The Swordsmanship Club has no windows, so there is no way for us to find what's happening outside or how's the rest of the school doing. If I want to find Tomomi and the twins, moving into the hallways should be my first priority. But, before I do that, there is one thing that I must make sure of.

"President, forgive me... This is just to confirm, but..." I'm a little reluctant to ask, because if I turn out to be wrong I'm going to look like a complete idiot. "We were at the Swordsmanship Club... The match between Rumiko-chan and me had just ended... Then everything started to tremble and you thought it was an earthquake, but the room got swallowed in darkness soon afterwards..." I hate to do this to the President and to myself... To recall those horrors... But I must find out if what I saw truly happened... "Something attacked you... And that's the last thing you remember... Am I right, President...?"

After finishing what I had to say, I kneel down and pick up the closest thing to a weapon I can find among the mess that it's the Swordsmanship Club. If we are on the same boat, then we both have to defend ourselves. With this in mind, I hand the Bokken to Kaitlin. After seeing her fight countless times, it's easy to determine who'll make the most use of it. Even if the President wasn't the genius swordswoman that she is, I would have done the same thing. It's part of my father's teachings. I am not imparting responsibility here, I'm giving her protection.

As a man, I still have to go first.
    Last edited by hero; January 28th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Adam Baumer
    Turn 2: Adam vs Dead Doods

Adam was surrounded. Two ahead of him and two in back of him. Sandwiched between the zombies Adam was sweating profusely, his mind going into horrified overdrive. Closing his eyes, it looks like the blond athlete had given up. A deep breath sounds from him as his body relax.

A roar of defiance. His eyes burning with determination and muscles rippling with power. Adam was filled with fear, but he did not want to die here. Slamming his hand on the ground, he assumes the natural stance of his career as an athlete: the Three-Point Stance.

"SET."

The zombies were slowly advancing but Adam tried his best to put their disturbing nature aside. The two beings in front of him were nothing more than opposing players on the gridiron battlefield. His goal was to get past them and reach the target.

"SET."

His breathing slowed as he slowly shifted his weight on to his arm.

"SET."

They slowly closed in, their disfigured figures slowly flooding his vision.

"HUT!"

In an explosive movement, Adam strikes. With a roar of power Adam storms towards the two in front of him, his shoulder raised as both a defensive shield and offensive battering ram. The A-Bomb was launched and all that stood in his way was nothing more than a hindrance.

-------
    Adam
    STR: 15
    AGI: 8 - Terrorize Debuff (1) = 7
    [Precision Attack attempted]
    Last edited by MssrNeko; January 28th, 2014 at 10:59 PM.

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones

Jordan didn't hesitate.

He was a team player. It was strange, but that's how it was. Apart from track, most of his fun came from working together with others. He could ride solo, but in the end, it wasn't the same without a buddy watching his back. So the voice, no matter how strange its origin, only brought relief.

The jump down was easy. Jordan's legs took it without a problem. "I'm here," he said, raising his voice. "You alright? All I'm seeing is some kinda blotch where your voice is coming from." Again, no hesitation. As someone raised to enjoy the sound of other people speaking, the idea that a voice could be bad news or a possible trap didn't even enter his mind. Still, the blotch itself was dubious enough that he didn't immediately approach, stopping after one tentative step forward.

"You need any help?" It was a silly question. How could he help if there was no immediate problem to be seen? The talking was more for his benefit, and so the girl he couldn't see could know she wasn't alone. And the blotch... well, he could always run away if it became a threat. The distance between them was large enough that he'd have time to flee before it caught him at its current speed, unless the shadow could outrun Zeus High's self proclaimed Lightning Tiger.

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand

“Don’t call me bitch, damnit! It is Cecily you fucking idiot! I went out of the way to wake up and save your worthless ass, so you better drop that shit!” The girl practically dragged you out of the classroom and into the hallway. “Don’t stand too close to the goddamned bodies or they’ll start moving and chewing on you!”
    Cyrus didn't put up any resistance when Cecily started dragging him out of the classroom by the collar of his shirt. At the moment she knew more about the situation than he did, having woken up before him and possibly witnessing whatever caused the gory scene laid out before the two, so it was natural to let her lead. Stumbling to keep up with Cecily's forceful 'escort' out of the classroom, Cyrus caught the slightest sign of movement in the corner of the classroom. A bloody, mangled arm shifted just slightly in the corner of his vision, but before Cyrus could turn to get a better look at the condition of the student it belonged to Cecily thrust him out into the hallway.

"Right, Cecily. Sorry." Cyrus said in a dry, unapologetic tone, not at all conveying the feelings of a true apology. Straightening up the collar of his shirt which Cecily had ever so gracefully grabbed him by, Cyrus turned to look back into the classroom, taking one last headcount to see if there was anybody in the room he recognized.

“We need to get to the gang’s room, we got a bunch of weapons hidden there we could use…”
    Cyrus turned back to the girl, giving her a blank stare as he pondered what she was saying. However, before Cyrus could even inquire as to what they needed weapons to fight against, a terrible noise came from the end of the hallway.

“FUCK!” Cecily proceeded to completely lose her shit. “IT IS THE SAME THING FROM BEFORE! RUN!”
    "From before?" Cyrus asked, quickly realizing that his question had no recipient. Turning, Cyrus watched Cecily's back as the darted down the hallway, fleeing as fast as she could. "... Seriously?" Cyrus turned back to the yellow blob of ill omen, returning its eyeless stare with his own trademark intense, unreadable stare. "The fuck is that?" Judging from Cecily's reaction and her choice of words, Cyrus assumed that this giant blob was somehow responsible for what happened to the others in the classroom. But even to Cyrus that seemed... strange. There were corpses that looked as if they had been smashed to death that this thing could have been the culprit behind for obvious reasons, but there were also those that were sliced apart in various ways and with cuts of varying sizes, which didn't match up with what Cyrus was seeing at all. The blob had no fangs, no claws, nothing about it looked sharp enough to inflict some of the wounds that Cyrus had seen in the classroom. "No eyes... Does it see me?"

Between Cecily's reaction and the pressure on Cyrus' back one thing was certain. Whatever that blob is, it's dangerous.

"Well then..." Cyrus said, turning 180 degrees and taking off as fast as he could at a full sprint. Whatever that thing is, however it killed those students, doesn't matter. Cyrus wasn't an academic, he didn't care about pursuits of knowledge or anything of the sort. Whatever secrets that blob held would almost certainly cost his life to discover, that's what common sense told him, and frankly Cyrus would rather toss his life away in a more interesting manner than trying to find out how a giant yellow blob eviscerates a group of teenagers.
    Last edited by Spinach; January 29th, 2014 at 03:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Masaki Tomomi
    Turn 1?

Tomomi's grip around Shinoko tightened when she realized the monster that had been stalking her had probably never left, and her mind was reeling when it started hearing the steps behind her. Judging by the way her fellow sophomore tensed, she probably heard them too.

"Shinoko-san... We're going to have to run." Tomomi was scared. She was scared of something she didn't know the identity of, but she knew it was dangerous. If the corpse behind them was any indication... They had to get to a safe place, and soon.

But running in a dark hallway could be problematic. They could trip on something in the way, or just stumble because of the lack of vision. Furthermore, the exhaustion that she and Shinoko suffered would probably get in the way of that, as well.

-However, that didn't mean there wasn't a way to reduce the chances of such an accident happening. "-Keep moving, Shinoko-san." Tomomi told her schoolmate this... And then narrowed her eyes as her mind focused.

Tomomi's pace fell in sync with Shinoko's own steps, her body responding to Shinoko's support on its own while the girl started to concentrate. All of her senses sharpened. The steps of the thing behind them suddenly rang like thundering stomps, and the flickering light that illuminated the hallway seemed to become clearer, in contrast to the deep darkness surrounding it.

Her mind lulled into a familiar sense of focus, Tomomi's eyes fell towards the hallway. Even through the darkness, the faint light that shone through allowed her to observe faint but telling details of the flooring that could've escaped her mind otherwise. Then, in her concentrated state, she located the position of the steps that crept up towards theirs.

"Shinoko-san... On the count of 3, we're running. Follow my steps, alright?"
    Tomomi's eyes narrowed in determination, and her arm quickly fastened itself around Shinoko's.

On the count of 3...

Tomomi is focusing. +10 to AGI for next action (Escaping from Encounter)

Wise up!
    Focus
    Tomomi’s great memory retaining ability was also a gift that needed polishing to be able to be used to its max efficiency, and that polishing appeared in the way of focused mental concentration. The high demands of the experimental school meant that she had to strain her intelligence to be able to recall several past facts at the same time and piece them together quickly and flawlessly. This sharpened her ability to concentrate, and makes her able to take time to analyze a situation and drastically increase her precision and focus.
    [By spending one turn focusing on your surroundings and analyzing the variables of the situation, you are able to augment a single stat by 10 points for your next action, whichever it is. Interrupted if hit. If used many times, it might cause you to become exhausted]
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Washington Irving

Turn 2: Washington Irving vs Mutated Crows

Ahha! Small Government thought. Telling that they had little experience of war as they surrendered altitude. But still, how to attack...

In a few seconds, Small Government suddenly realized the solution. Base animals, even driven crazy by the far north as they were - they wouldn't realize the trick. Not at all. He smiled with the lack of muscles he had in his beak, and dove straight for the unconscious girl in the attack.

It was a guess, but if he knew birds like he knew himself - a bird - and he was certainly sure he knew the bird parts of himself - a rival going into the attack on food would provoke quite the response. They'd dive in turn, either to get to her first or directly at him. But as he was about to strike the girl, he spread his wings like curtains and unveiled the ruse.

The sudden burst of lift thrust Small Government into the air, rocketing with the speed of a dive straight at the oncoming crows. From the roots of his wings he readied his arms, muscles tensed in anger, one fist extended towards the sky to annihilate one of the crows. Opening his mouth, Small Government screamed in what would have been a soothing, fatherly voice had it not been screaming:

"GRIT THOSE BEAKS, MOUNTIES!"

Dauntless (Low Altitude)

(decide if it applies or not, Race)
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin

Equipment

Chair leg: +1 STR

You ran like the wind, your senses at maximum awareness as you tried to perceive into the darkness. You heard a lot of creepy noises, but nothing was close to you, and nothing tried to get in your way. The hallway you had been in branched into two other hallways. Hearing many of those noises coming from one branch, you took the other, and then arrived into yet another corridor, although this time you recognized it despite having been completely wrecked by the warping.

Using your familiarity, you managed to finally find one of the two stairwells that connected the various floors of the Academy. It had an elevator, true, but something told you it probably had ceased to work, and even then it would be too risky to use it.

You quickly ran the stairs to the fifth floor, entered a dark hallway, and prepared to go up to the sixth floor… only to find the way up completely blocked. The ceiling had given up, and you could barely repress your horror when you say the cadaver of some poor guy squashed at the bottom of the debris.

You would have to find the other stairwell. This hallway only had a single direction to go, and you prepared to run again… when you noticed a door in one of the sides. As you watched it… it slowly but surely broke apart, pushed out of its hinges by some invisible force. Two shambling bodies quickly made their way through it, and occupied the space you needed to go through. The rotten bodies of a boy and a girl stared towards you, and started advancing, with obviously evil intentions. You felt the terror that emanated from its corpses, caked with blood as they were, and shuddered.

Encountered Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy)
    Encountered Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl)

But you had no other option. You needed to pass through them to reach the sixth floor, and then the infirmary.

Turn 1: Rika vs Dead Doods Remix

Wise up!

Perks:

Terrorize

-------------------------------------

Name: Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl)

Perks:

Terrorize

Masaki Taichi

"President, forgive me... This is just to confirm, but... We were at the Swordsmanship Club... The match between Rumiko-chan and me had just ended... Then everything started to tremble and you thought it was an earthquake, but the room got swallowed in darkness soon afterwards... Something attacked you... And that's the last thing you remember... Am I right, President...?"
    Kaitlin blinked… and then nodded slowly.

“I remember… yes.” It was hard to see her expression there, but it was very clear that she was as disturbed by it all as you were. However, she quickly recovered when you offered her your bokken.

“Wait, I have something better here.”

She quickly got up, with agility you wouldn’t have suspected from her given her state a second ago, and penetrated into the darkness, towards a desk in the corner of the room. You nervously heard her remove something from there, and then she returned towards you… except this time, she had a sheath hanging from her waist. When you shot her a questioning look, she smiled, and unsheathed her sword.

It was very clearly an European blade, simple yet elegant, heavier than your bokken, but with true sharpness and deadliness. You heard that some students had been permitted to own some things of dangerous nature under close scrutiny, but this… this was the real deal.

“How do you like it? It was from my ancestors, and it has been perfectly maintained for god knows how many generations of my family. It is old, but it will probably be enough to face… the things waiting for us out there.”

Adam Baumer
    Turn 2: Adam Baumer vs Dead Doods

Your charge was not something that one could face head on, and not be crushed by your devastating strength and girth. Many linemen had discovered this fact after facing you in the field, and being blown away with a strength that would not be out of place in an Olympic athlete. Combined with the absurd toughness of your body, it was not something that just anyone could face.

And on top of that, you sought to aim to the exact point needed to blow your enemies away from your path.

Precision roll

Difficulty = 16
    Roll = 16
    Success!

Battle calculation

Adam’s Speed
    -7 (Adam’s AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    -7 (Adam’s AGI) < 15 (Decayed Being [G]’s EVA)
    Adam’s Attack
    -19 (Adam’s STR) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 11 damage
    --Precision Attack. 11 x 1.5 = 17

The rotten body of the girl got out of your way with incredible quickness, avoiding your charge by stepping to the side. But the body of the boy lacked such reflexes, and it was sent backwards through the door and into the hallway, crashing against the wall behind. You were finally out of the classroom, but your enemies followed you.

The one you had just crushed seemed to have suffered heavy damage. You had heard bones cracking, and organs being squashed. Its chest looked like it had been caved in, however… it got up. Feeling no pain, feeling no fear… a murder machine whose sole intention in life seemed to be killing you.

The body of the girl had followed behind you, moving at your side, and it suddenly launched a strike with her clawed hands towards you.

Battle calculation

Decayed Being [G]’s Speed
    -20 (Decayed Being [G]’s AGI) > 7 (Adam’s EVA)
    Decayed Being [G]’s Attack
    -20 (Decayed Being’s STR) – 21 (Adam’s DEF) = 0 damage

Her hit connected… but it just lacked enough strength to even manage to make you blink. She was just not strong enough to matter to you in this fight.

However, the guy that came behind her was much more dangerous. You felt its arms grab you from behind, exerting an incredible force, much superior than the one they had used before. The claws dug themselves in your skin, causing you to feel more pain than you had felt in a long time. No wound caused by the Spartan training regime of the Zeus Olympians could compare to this.

Battle calculation

-Strongarm activated.
    Decayed Being [B]’s Speed
    -15 (Decayed Being’s AGI) > 7 (Adam’s EVA)
    Decayed Being [B]’s Attack
    -35 (Decayed Being’s STR) – 21 (Adam’s DEF) = 14 damage
    Adam’s HP: 174-14 = 160

Your enemy had been possessed, driven by something unholy that had augmented his strength beyond that of humans, and far into the realm of the supernatural. This burst of strength had only been momentary, yet it had managed to scratch you quite a lot, five holes having opened in your side.

The fourth enemy had not come after you. The crunching noises you heard from the classroom told you that it was feasting in the bodies of what had once been its peers. As horrible as it was, it was still a blessing, as you were not surrounded anymore. However… you were still held by your enemy’s herculean strength, which made your current position perilous, to say the least.

Wise up!

STR: 25
    DEF: 8
    AGI: 15
    EVA: 3

Perks:

Painless One [Unliving Trait]
    As an undead being that has abandoned the realm of the living, this creature is now a shambling monstrosity, a decayed spirit moving the decayed husk of what used to be its body. Due to this, undead beings are unable to feel any pain, no matter how much their body is battered. Breaking their limbs is useless, as only complete destruction of said limb would be able to stop them from using it. Their body will keep going no matter how gruesome or severe the wounds are, until it is damaged enough to become unable to serve as a vessel for the decayed spirit.

Terrorize

Strongarm
    If the Decayed Being manages to somehow grab or get a hold of a victim, the spirit animating the decomposing body will be possessed by an unholy fury towards the living, causing it to ignore the limits of the body. STR +10 for one turn. Can be used once every four turns.

All enemy perks have been revealed

-------------------------------------

Name: Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl)

STR: 20
    AGI: 20
    EVA: 15

Perks:

Painless One [Unliving Trait]
    As an undead being that has abandoned the realm of the living, this creature is now a shambling monstrosity, a decayed spirit moving the decayed husk of what used to be its body. Due to this, undead beings are unable to feel any pain, no matter how much their body is battered. Breaking their limbs is useless, as only complete destruction of said limb would be able to stop them from using it. Their body will keep going no matter how gruesome or severe the wounds are, until it is damaged enough to become unable to serve as a vessel for the decayed spirit.

Terrorize

Jordan J. Jones

Once you were on the floor, you noticed something weird. From above, the dark spot had seemed like a blotch, something painted in the floor, of two-dimensional nature. However, in the floor it became very clear it was very much tridimensional. It was hard to describe it, but it was the same as if a shadow had suddenly gained the ability to exist in the same dimension as a normal human. Of course, the thing before you was not that simple, as it resembled a sphere of darkness that was constantly shifting on itself.

When you let your voice out, it suddenly turned, and you saw the other side of it. It was like a portal… no, more precisely, a window that showed another place, probably far away from here. And through that window, through the ever-changing shadow, you could see the face of a girl. A stoic looking girl, maybe one or two years younger than you, donning a witch hat.

Encountered ???

“Huh.” Her voice was, without a doubt, the same from before. “An human. How weird.” She did not seem to really find you very weird, nor did she seem very impressed either. Actually, it did not seem like she had a very ample emotional range, judging by her expression, but first appearances had the tendency to be pretty deceiving.

Cyrus Ferdinand

You ran after her, managing to somehow catch up with the girl after a bit. The screeching noise repeated behind you, and you both saw the yellow slime going after you, moving incredibly fast despite its appearance.

“Shit! Who has ever heard of a fast slime? This goes against all freaking conventions of gaming!” You heard your partner scream incoherently as you made your way through winding, unfamiliar hallways that seemed to stretch until infinity. The relatively simple structure of Zeus High School seemed to have been replaced by some sort of labyrinthine nightmare that was really hard to navigate, and soon you realized how lost you were. The only constants seemed to be the windows from where a teal pallor penetrated, and somehow, that only served to confuse you even more.

The yellow colored blob of doom seemed to be keeping up with the both of you quite easily, and after a while, you suspected the damn thing would just catch up to you whenever it wanted. It was obviously taking things easy, waiting for its prey to get tired, or for them to corner themselves.

And, surprisingly, the latter was what first came to pass. Your running had taken you into a dead end, a hallway that just ended into a wall, with two windows on each side. The monster quickly moved behind, and closed the exit.

It was not very surprising, however, that Cecily seemed like she was about to pee herself, and had started to break out on hysterics.

“This fucking thing ate two of the gang without breaking a sweat… shit… we are fucking doomed… oh shit.... I have so many things I want to do… like kicking that fucking german girl’s ass… and kicking Timmy’s retarded ass… shit so many fucking asses to kick…”

You really couldn’t make much sense of her incoherent ranting, but girl seemed to have some anger issues right there. Annoyingly enough, she soon started hyperventilating as she backed down towards the wall.

The slime closed on, preparing to attack.

Turn 1: Cyrus Ferdinand & Cecily Ridley vs The Blob, Asian version

Wise up!

Name: Yellow Slime
    Race: Slime
    Attributes: Slime
    Spiritual Rank: 1

AGI: 24

Masaki Tomomi

As Shinoko helped to carry your body, you concentrated. Fighting against your sudden exhaustion and the weight in your mind, you sharpened your senses, and forced your brain to work in overdrive. How to advance faster, how to move quicker, and how to avoid what was lurking behind you.

It was close. You still couldn’t see whatever it is, as it stayed in the dark out of the corner of your vision, but it had definitely come closer, and was about to catch up to the both of you.

Sweat dripping on your back, you ignored the menacing presence, and prepared to count.

“1…”

You took a breath of air…

“2…”

You concentrated in your feet, and prepared to force your body forward…

“3!”

And you ran. You ran at a speed that for a moment surpassed even your normal ratio, and reached the level of that of an Olympic athlete, and you carried your fellow sophomore forwards with you. The footsteps fell behind, and for a moment, you thought you’d manage to leave it behind.

However… the burst came to a finish, and it was still there, moving towards you. At the end, all you had managed was to buy more time, but that thing was still on your trail…!

Suddenly, another screeching noise was heard, different from the annoying steps, and you heard an almost human-like sound of frustration. Then, the annoying presence pursuing you vanished, and its harrowing curse went away with it.

Unnatural Exhaustion has been lifted

It was like a weight had been taken out your backs, and without being able to control yourselves, you collapsed I the floor, breathing freely for the first time in what seemed an eternity. Taking in painful breaths, you tried to figure your actual situation.

You seemed to be at the end of the seemingly infinite hallway. There, it seemed to branch like a big T, and from both of the winding hallways you only saw darkness, some spots faintly illuminated by low tension lights, and the teal glower penetrating through the windows.

Apart from that… there was only a rotten smell that almost made you gag....

And an eerie silence.

Washington Irving

Turn 2: Washington Irving vs Mutated Canadians

The ruse had sort of worked. Once they saw you charge towards the girl, they immediately followed, letting out angry screeches that announced their intentions. They wouldn’t let you steal their prey, and their reckless anger became their weakness.

You suddenly lifted your send in the air, gaining altitude on them, and dove towards the closest one of the crows. You had surprised them with your maneuver, but they had managed to recover quickly, and were prepared to fight back.

Battle calculation

-Dauntless (Low Altitude) activated.
    Washington Irving’s Speed
    -19 + 5 = 24 (Washington’s AGI) > 15 (Mutated Crow’s EVA)
    Washington Irving’s Attack
    -10 + 5 = 15 (Washington’s STR) – 5 (Mutated Crow’s DEF) = 10 damage

Your fist came from above, and hit the crow with great strength, smashing it in the air, and sending it towards the floor, a trail of blood behind. However, in the gap left by this attack, the other crow took its chance to attack you, diving itself towards you like a flurry missile, sharpened talons and gigantic beak at the ready.

Battle calculation

-Death Flight activated.
    Mutated Crow’s Speed
    -20 + 5 = 25 (Mutated Crow’s AGI) > 20 (Washington’s EVA)
    Mutated Crow’s Attack
    -14 + 4 = 18 (Mutated Crow’s STR) – 9 (Washington’s DEF) = 11 damage
    Washington Irving’s HP: 70 – 11 = 59

The attack hit you fully, and almost managed to pluck you out of the sky. The beak carved a painful blow on your back, making blood spill into the air… but that was all. It failed in giving you anything but a glancing wound, and the dangerous beak had not come deep enough to damage your internal organs. However, it became painfully clear that it was best to not underestimate these ‘mounties’.

Down below, the other crow seemed to have recovered from the impact, and was now flying to rejoin your little gig in the sky.

Wise up!

Name: Mutated Crow
    Race: Crow?
    Attributes: Bird, Flying
    Spiritual Rank: 1

STR: 14
    DEF: 5
    AGI: 20
    EVA: 15

Perks:

Flight [Flying Trait]
    Possession of a way to take flight at will. Can remain away from melee attacks if flying high enough, and all attacks, regardless of type, have -5 speed when aimed at you. The penalty does not apply for others with this perk.

Death Flight
    Technique. An ability to charge from any point in the air towards its objective, talons and beak at the ready to destroy whatever touched. By launching itself as a projectile, the Mutated Crow acquires +5 AGI and +4 STR, but can only move in a straight line from its previous position.

Monstrous Beak
    The crow’s beak has been mutated to become stronger and harder and it is now capable of easily piercing through steel, having become something meant to break through armors and shields. All external defenses and shields suffer a -5 to their protective capabilities.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Masaki Taichi

"It's a beautiful sword. I expected no less from you, President."
    As I say this, I can't help but to smile back at Kaitlin. Sure, it was a scary sight at first, seeing her armed with an actual, dangerous tool of combat. But once my mind realized that the deadly sharp blade wouldn't be pointed at me but at my enemies, I felt a lot better. Reassured, and stripped of a great part of my fear even, as if its mere presence inspired courage. "Let's just hope we don't have to use it."

I try to relax and prepare my body for a fight like I do before every match... But it instead becomes tense. It's only natural... Now that I know that whatever happened to me also happened to the President, my story is no longer a dream or fantasy. I might have to fight for my life against that 'thing'. But that's not what disturbs me the most... If what happened to me also happened to the rest of the students in this school...

"Let's get moving." The smile I showed earlier disappears and is instead replaced with a serious and bitter expression, as I meet Kaitlin's gaze with my own and inform her that we have to go. "We need to find Tomomi, the twins and Axel-san, and get them out of here as soon as possible." After announcing our objective out loud, I take a deep breath and nod, as if to indicate that I am ready. "Okay, President, allow me to go first. And, please... Watch my back."

Although I know we haven't exactly been silent since we woke up, I make sure not to make too much noise on my way to the door. From the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be anyone standing right in front of it on the other side, but that was to be expected... Yet, since the teal glow is still there I can't afford to lower my guard. Leaving a decent distance between me and the door, I reach out for the handle with my left handle while holding the Bokken with my right.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 5th Floor)
    Turn 1 - Rika vs Dead Doods Remix

Fucking zombies.

My body recoiling instinctively from the two walking cadavers that had smashed their way into the hallway, I resist the urge to sprint back in the direction I had come from, the table leg in my hand shaking along with my body.

I thought I had mentally prepared myself before coming out here, but the image I had had in my head, the image of the sort of zombie you see in video-games and movies, paled in comparison to the real thing. The smell was terrible, their blank eyes held a certain malice that made me want to turn and run, and the sheer fact that they were still moving in spite of the fact they were clearly decaying, was enough to make me feel sick to my stomach.

Ugh, please don't throw up, now is not the time...

"Stop right there," throwing out words I know won't work, I take a step back as they take a step forward, every sense of my being rebelling against the thought of even touching them, "Just fucking stop-!"

Of course they didn't stop.

Another step forward, another step back.

"Shit, shitshitshit-!"

My instincts, the primal fear inherent in all humans screams at me to run, but I can't.

If I don't get to the infirmary, Lara might die.

The thought causes a wave of anger to spark across my mind, a powerful feeling that allowed me to get ahold of the fear, and push it back, suppress it enough that I stopped retreating.

Lara was hurt.

I needed to get to the infirmary if I wanted to help her.

And these undead bastards were in the damn way-!

Taking two quick steps back in order to make some space, my expression settles into a glare.

I'm not retreating, if I want to save Lara I have to get past these two. If they were anything like zombies were in the movies, then anything less than a bullet in the brain wasn't going to put them down for long.

But that was fine...

"Fucking zombies... Just get out of the way-!"

All I had to do was knock one of them down, open enough space to get past the other one and keep going.

There were few people, even in Zeus, who could out speed Rika Griffin-!

Breaking into a sprint, not away from the zombies, but towards them, I sharpen my senses as I accelerate to my max, focusing everything on these next few movements.

The basic goal of Parkour was simple, taking the shortest distance from Point A to Point B. If there is a railing, you jump over it. If there is a wall, then it's time to wall run.

And if it was two zombies standing between you and saving your friend...

"Hah-!"

...You swallow your fear, knock it the hell down, dodge it's friend, and keep on running.

I don't have time to succumb to a nightmare-!

---
    Rika

Accel Strike

STR: 11 -> 21 (Accel Strike) -> 20 (Terrorize)
    AGI: 21 -> 26 (Accel Strike) -> 25 (Terrorize)
    [Precision Attack Attempted -> Human Schoolboy]

Status Screen

Name: Rika Griffin

Stats

STR: 11 -> 21 (Accel Strike) -> 20 (Terrorize)
    AGI: 21 -> 26 (Accel Strike) -> 25 (Terrorize)

Techniques

-Accel Strike-
    While the strength of Rika’s legs is at an excessively high level, her arms do not share this strength, and consequently she is not much of a fist fighter normally. Unwilling to just run from bullies and the like however, she developed a method of attack that put her momentum behind her attacks, turning the speed she specializes in into the physical strength she lacks, and making her attacks far more powerful than they appear.
    [+10 STR for a single kick, and adds 5 AGI. Place to gather momentum is needed....]
    Last edited by Airen; January 29th, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Washington Irving

Turn 3: Washington Irving vs Mutated Canadians

Goddamn mounties.

That'd actually hurt! fumed Small Government. But he had to soldier on like a soldier. The one was up, slightly below him, and the other below, wounded. No need to let the wounded one gain advantage.

He flicked his wings, turned over, and split the S, diving straight down at the wounded one. Beak open, he started to screech as he dove, wind whistling through the hard yellow spike.

Dauntless (high?)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones

"Oh, a cosplayer. How weird." As was the norm for him, Jordan took the girl's appearance in stride, echoing her words on purpose. This was obviously either a fever dream brought about from a stroke, some kind of elaborate prank, or the heaven reached after ascending to godly levels of fitness. Whatever it was, acting like a clueless idiot wouldn't be helpful, no matter how true said description was. Acting like a snarky, sarcastic idiot, on the other hand, usually showed results. Sort of.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that," he continued, taking a few steps closer to get a better look at the girl on the other end of the shadow portal thing. "A few of my buds do the same thing, and not just on Halloween. Still, that's a pretty cool costume. Speaking of costumes... that ain't our uniform. Actually, I don't think I've seen you around. You're not a student at Zeus, are you?"

Adam Baumer
    Turn 3: Adam vs Dead Doods

Roaring in pain, Adam glances at the blood falling down the side of his torso and staining his white uniform red. Adam roars in defiance as he positions himself with the zombie between him and the wall. If this dead guy wanted to ride the A-Bomb, then he would get the ride of his (un)life.

"GET THE HELL OFF ME!" Adam shouts, backtracking with power aiming to squash this zombie into paste.

--------
    [Precision Attack attempted​]

Spoiler:

Dylan Rory McNeill
    Turn 2

Well that didn’t work seem I was right this isn’t your conventional slime. Too bad it had to defy the convention of weakness rather than intelligence, fuckers fast and strong. This sucks now I can’t even take out my stress on this thing properly.

Still, I bought my self some time, so it stops to digest what it immediately has in reach, noted.

Well then time to use what little time I have.

Setting my chair shield down I immediately grab the brass knuckle I have in my pocket and equip them before stripping off my jacket and wrapping it around my fist. It might be much but what little protection it would provide if it came to punches might just save my life.

Now then let’s see if I can blindside this asshole while he’s busy with that desk.

Shit got to hurry can’t let this opportunity go to waste. Immediately after I finish my wrap job on my fist I grab my chair one again before rushing to the left side of the slime and then hurl the chair with all my strength.

God please let this work and please let this stupid fucker have the constitution of paper tissue. As I pray I can only rest my hands on another chair in preparation if this plan fails.

Spoiler:
    Dylan
    HP: 115/120
    SP: ???

STR 12, DEF 14, SPI ??, S.DEF ??, AGI 14, EVA 12

Perks:
    Devil’s silver tongue Focus Perk:
    [Relationships increase faster, up to a certain point. Influencing NPCs to see your point of view or to do things for you is easier, and penalties for having negative relationships are slightly reduced. Your lies are more effective, and it is hard for them to be seen through]

Diehard:
    [Level 1 Wounds can be ignored. Bleeding damaged reduced by 1. If HP reaches 0, you can keep going for 2 turns, but will die if not treated afterwards. If hit once again during such a state, will die.]

Combat Training:
    [When fighting with fists or brass knuckles, STR goes up by 2. When using firearms, precision roll difficulty goes down by 1. When using a sword or a knife, +2 STR is added on top of the normal bonus, and chances to cause level 1 bleeding are augmented.]

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice

Turn 1: Johnny vs Decayed Being (Human Adult)

A stare. Johnny tilted his head to the side, looking at the decayed body, his throat catching for a moment. Suddenly, his lips burst into a grin and he leaned forward, a wolf whistle bursting past his lips. He was on fire right now, like a phoenix rising from the ashes. He'd been stuck in a school where nothing happened and nothing changed, going through events with Cyrus that he'd done tens, hundreds, thousands of times before.

Cyrus was fine with that. He was good at it. But Johnny - Johnny was different. He had names back on the streets, people who still spoke about him even after he left. He wasn't a gambler, not the sort Cyrus was. He was a fighter. And it was looking like Jack might have to come back.

"My, my Mister Anderson! Yer lookin' mighty dapper today, even if you're six feet too high for my tastes! Who's the lucky lady?!"

Cracking his knuckles, Johnny shrugged with a sigh on his lips and a pounding in his heart. "Sorry about this, Teach. I know a man's gotta eat, but my bones are made for more delicate and importan' things then your mouth!!"

Johnny moved.

He was fast. He was quick. But there was something more important at work, at stake, that made his blood roar through his ears and his steps quicken, his fists hurt more, his body demand more from him as his fist flew straight for the decaying teacher's head.

--

Precision Attack Attempted: Head.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand

Following Cecily was, from the start, a gamble of sorts. Between the choice of going off by himself and letting his own luck guide him and following Cecily, Cyrus threw his lot in with Cecily and clung to her back as she fled through the hallways, but the dead end that the two found themselves facing served as a cold reminder; even Cyrus could lose.

Yet Cyrus couldn't be any happier with the current situation. After all, where would the thrill of gambling be if Cyrus never lost?

“This fucking thing ate two of the gang without breaking a sweat… shit… we are fucking doomed… oh shit...."
    Ignoring the rapid rambling of his sorry excuse for a savior, Cyrus turned back to the slime, which continued to ooze its way toward the trapped duo. An eery teal light lit up the dead end, filtering in from a pair of windows on each side of the hall. Cyrus gave each one a passing glance, more than enough to decide what needed to be done, then turned back to Cecily.

"Hey."

"I have so many things I want to do… like kicking that fucking german girl’s ass… and kicking Timmy’s retarded ass… shit so many fucking asses to kick…"
    "Hey, come on." Leaning back into the wall, Cecily continued her rapid, incoherent ranting, oblivious to Cyrus' voice as her breathing began to go out of control. "Stop pissing yourself and- wait, shit, don't fucking hyperventilate on me!" Cyrus rushed over to the wall, grabbing Cecily by the shoulders, forcing her to look him in the eye as he shouted at her to no avail. The horrible screeching sound of the slime approaching gave Cyrus a grim reminder of how little precious time he had to escape, momentarily drowning out Cecily's breathing.

Mind racing, Cyrus brought his hand back, then with more strength than he felt comfortable using, slapped Cecily in the face, silencing her with a resounding smack. "Calm down you stupid bitch, there's no time for this shit!" Cyrus shouted, grabbing Cecily by the arm and dragging her to the window on the left side of the hall. With his free hand Cyrus unlatched the window, opened it, and poked his head outside for a moment to check how far the drop would be.

"Second floor. Could be worse." Cyrus leaned back inside, then began shoving Cecily up to the window, grunting as he lifted her. Lifting himself up, Cyrus grabbed Cecily by the hand. "Listen, don't tense up. Relax, bend your knees, land on your feet and then ROLL, if you fuck this up you're gonna break something. Got it?"

Then, without waiting for a response of any kind, Cyrus jumped, taking Cecily with him.
    Last edited by Spinach; January 30th, 2014 at 12:38 PM.