Page 53 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1648

Thread: Titanomachy (IC)

Masaki Taichi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Dorms – Komiya Twins’ Room)
    Time: Day 3 – Noon

"I won't." I respond, firmly. "To Tomomi and I, the few friends we've made here are like family to us. Do not doubt that we will be close to support you in whatever you may need. So don't hesitate to speak your mind whe​n there is something in your head troubling you."

Even if my words ever implied otherwise, leaving the twins here was never an option. What I wanted was for them to realize that locking themselves up and wishing to forget the past by starting over are two paths they shouldn't follow. I am not completely sure if my words managed to completely pierce through their thick skulls, because I know they can be stubborn, but I am confident I got somewhere with this. Relaxing a little bit, I draw a warm smile and rub their head some more to reassure them, this time with my open palms. Admittedly, it does no good to their hair.

"Remember that demand goes both ways, though. There might be a day when I could be the one who needs a good scolding, and I hope that when that time comes I can rely on you to get me back to my senses."

I comment, half-joking, before quickly dismissing the whole topic with a handwave.

"In any case, I think I'll stay with you two a little while longer." I blatantly glance around the room, feigning disapproval at the mess that surrounds me. "I see you two have been slacking off with the chores."

A small pause to gauge their reactions.

"Oh well, I guess I'll have to help you a little bit. That is, if you don't mind."

There should be plenty I can do without invading their privacy.

"Regardless, I'll be around and wait for you. Then we can go see the president together. No lazy behavior shall be allowed under my watch."
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Adam Baumer
    Time: Day 4 - Morning

Adam motions to the bench press and has Sarah lay down on it. In no time, Sarah is quickly pressing weight like a natural but Adam watches over her like a hawk over a prey. All traces of arousal and confusion are subdued as a serious demeanor overtakes Adam. He walks around Sarah as she's lifting and lowering the weight easily and Adam's brow furrows. Sarah finishes her reps with a final lift and Adam helps her replace the bar. She jumps up with a devilish grin, waiting for Adam to talk.

"You're not bad," Adam mused, thinking 'not bad' as a gross underestimation. Sarah was much stronger than her small frame lead people to believe, maybe even as strong as he is. "But your form is wrong. Let me show you."

Adam gets on the bench and gets into good form, spacing his arms and anchoring his feet. "Watch and learn," Adam says with a smirk. His face hardens as he begins his reps, taking his time to show Sarah the perfect form to perform. Adam quickly finishes his rep and stands up, wiping some sweat off his forehead. "Look good to ya?"

Spoiler:

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexandra Gray
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (5th Floor – Martial Arts Clubroom)
    Time: Day 3 – Afternoon

“Eh…” Gwendoline went silent, then shook her head. “No… It’s alright. If you want me to, I’ll go with your team. I think I should take a shower now… and make preparations.”

She smiled weakly. “So should you.”

Alexandra Gray & Michael Adhikari

After a refreshing shower (was it the second you took in the day?) you felt a lot less sore than before. You decided to talk a walk by the courtyard, mulling about team members and what you needed.

Just while you were thinking about that… you noticed someone you hadn’t before. Helping with the reconstruction of the wall… this boy who emitted the current of spiritual energy that was the signature of superhumans… you were sure you hadn’t seen him before, at least not as a superhuman. You vaguely remembered him from the school before entering this world, a guy who made himself notable by being helpful… what was his name, Michael? Something like that. It was strange, you were sure you more or less knew about all the superhumans currently in the school.

Bill Stars

“I… I’m not sure I can tell you, b-but you’ll…” Gabriel started, but suddenly fell silent. His face became more pale and his eyes widened in horror. He bent his head slightly, as if hearing some sort of voice from above.

“Oh… oh no… damn… someone changed everything… oh damn it all!” He practically whimpered as he suddenly started to gather all the jewelry he had deposited in the table, forgetting the ring you had just put in your finger.

You started to get up from your seat, maybe to stop him, but with one last look of horror, the boy had run away. You fell back in your seat, surprised despite yourself. What the hell had that been about?

And then it happened.

Your vision blacked out for a moment. A long moment. You felt nothing, you perceived nothing, you were immersed in the nothing…

And then it came back. The world came back, just as you had left it… well, except for the full feeling of your stomach and the empty plates of food. You stared at them… you… you had eaten your food, right? just now… you remembered doing it, but you hadn’t done it… what… the hell?

Around you, people seemed to proceed as normal, except for a few that were staring around in complete confusion, just like you were. You spotted Nick between the people moving around the cafeteria, and he must have seen you too, because a second later, he had approached your table.

“Dude, you… you noticed it too?” He asked, bewildered.

Rita Lin & Rika Griffin & Harry Blackfield

If it weren’t for this ‘little’ snag in your plan, it’d have been perfect. Your gas had effectively managed to knock everyone out, the magician falling asleep after his last stunt. Camila had also fallen, a devilish grin in her face. After all, her objective, to stall Rika and the party that’d eventually go after Jane, had been fulfilled. Of the whole group, the only ones left standing were you and, of course, the snag.

Everyone had fallen asleep. Everyone but the thing standing near the sleeping figure of Rika Griffin. The one that had appeared when you had been thrown into this mirrored reality, the one that emitted an absurd amount of energy… the one that looked exactly like Rika but was not. It was not human… this ‘girl’ was definitely not human.

At first, she didn’t look at you, moment you took to put on the respirator. You had only caught a whiff of the gas, and while it hadn’t been enough to knock you down, you were feeling a bit dizzy and had some trouble standing straight. But you’d be alright in a few seconds. You wondered how the thing in the other side of the… place was standing. Did it not need to breathe? However, soon you noted that the gas that filled the room she was in was… actually avoiding the space around her head.

It was strange, but not stranger than all the walls within view having transformed into some sort of scraped, rough crystalline surface, with the occasional clean spot (resembling indeed a mirror: you could even see yourself reflected in these spots) interrupting the rough walls. You could at least see the shadows of the wall beyond the rough parts, although they looked to be heavily distorted.

The thing was staring at the sleeping herself. She mumbled something under her breath, and giggled, before kneeling on the ground and grasping Rika. Carefully, she lifted her other self… then stacked her, mouth down, on top of Lara. She stopped, seemed to be lost in thought for a moment, then moved, walking out the room, past you, and grabbing Bryanna by the leg. She then dragged the pink haired girl towards Lara and Rika, and put her to the side of them, then pushing her towards the space between the girls. The result looked… pretty intimate. You guessed that it was going to be one hell of an awkward moment when those girls woke up.

Having seemingly finished pranking her other self, the ‘mirror’ suddenly turned towards you…

And a chill ran down your spine. The almost ‘joking’ ambience that had reigned until now thanks to her actions disappeared instantly, replaced by pure cold. Yeah, she definitely wasn’t human. No human could have eyes like this, eyes that looked incredibly old, yet filled with emotions, way too many of them. Lust, greed, wrath, pride, endless desire… they all were concealed under a steely, giggling coldness whose full attention had fallen over you.

What you felt could only be considered an inherent, instinctual ‘dislike’. How to describe being faced with something that looked so much like a human but wasn’t? Something that was there but wasn’t? Something whose very existence seemed faint like the reflection of an image in a piece of a shattered mirror, yet ‘was’ with such an intense ‘authority’ over what surrounded you that you could feel her presence poking at every single one of your nerves?

This was definitely a ‘queen’ of some sort. There was no doubt about that.

She smirked, evidently reading your discomfort in your body language. Her voice, the same as Rika’s, but with a sing-song, ethereal tone to it, spoke out.

“So, out of curiosity~, what were you planning to do after knocking everyone out?”

Rika Griffin
    Time: Mirror O’Clock

You were falling into the void. It was pitch black, all around you. You saw nothing. You felt nothing. You were in contact with nothingness, but you weren’t nothingness; you still had a sense of yourself. You still were yourself, alone in the bottomless void.

You remembered. You remembered falling asleep under the influence of that drug gas, and the last vision of your mirror self before being cast into the void. You remembered the fight before that… you remembered the fall of the school into this hell, and what had come before, you entering the school, your life before that, your adoption, and what had come before.

Wait.

What had… come before?

It was a blurry image, in the center of your mind.

There were two persons. Their images were vague and blurry, but you could see them now: Mom and Dad, as they were before, a long time ago, when you were a small kid, so small that you had forgotten it all, a two-month baby that had no right to remember this at all. You remembered them talking to a woman who gave you the same sense of familiarity, who seemed like a much younger version of your Mother. You remembered them arguing, the circumspect… almost uncaring expression in your parent’s faces and the anger in the younger woman’s.

And then, you remembered the woman approaching you, alone, talking to you with words you had forgotten long ago.

“Hello… Rika.” She spoke softly. “This is your ‘Auntie’. Or maybe your ‘Big Sister’?” she laughed lightly, as if to an inner joke.

“I guess you probably don’t understand me now… you’re still a baby after all.” Her expression was, suddenly, serious and sad. “It pains me to have to do this… it really does, but it will be the best for you. As a baby, you shouldn’t remember anything, but we have no idea of how your memory will actually work… so… I have to wipe it clean. Maybe one day you’ll understand… although I personally hope you won’t, and that you’ll live a life away from all of this. But… I guess ‘fate’ will decide in the end.”

“I hope the best for you. I’m sure that your parents also do, somewhere in those robotic hearts of theirs. This is goodbye… and I hope for all that’s holy, that it’ll be forever.” She placed her warm hand over your head, an unknown energy surrounding you, causing chills to run all over your body…

“Made In Heaven.”

You were falling. Falling into the void filled with your memories. Remembering what you already remembering, seeing them again. And then you fell back into forbidden territory, into what was forgotten and you shouldn’t remember.

But this time, it was something you remembered, you remembered very clearly. It had been when you had first started practicing your style of climbing, that parkour of yours, as you moved from city to city. You didn’t remember which city it was (maybe Chicago? You had moved around quite a bit during those years), but you were doing the usual, choosing an high place to use as a vantage point to observe the city. This time, you had decided to challenge yourself to climb something bigger than usual. The building you had chosen could only qualify as a skyscraper, and you knew it’d be hard to do so, but you were pretty confident in your ability.

It had gone pretty well until halfway through. The cornice you had grasped into turned to be more slippery than you had thought, and suddenly you had found yourself falling towards the faraway street. It was a big fall, one that carried true risk of death, but you were not afraid, not when you were skilled enough to simply extend your hands and grasp into the open frame of a window, halting your fall easily. It had been narrow, but you knew you could do it.

And you had done it. Without caring about your scrapped knee, you had kept going up, and had reached the roof of the building easily enough, the first time you had gotten that high in your life. You remembered the adrenaline high you had gotten as you observed your new habitat.

But in this memory… before continuing to climb, you had looked through the open window, and he had been there. A shadow of a man. The man that was so familiar yet unknown, as if patiently waiting for something, as if he had been observing your climb the whole time.

Your eyes met (you think). There was a moment of silence. And then he grinned.

“Not bad. Not bad at all, Izanami girl.”

With these words, he calmly stepped away from you, at a relaxed pace… then stopped.

“Hm. Did somebody mess with your memories already?” He asked, to nobody in particular. “Curious… ah, well. Doesn’t matter to me. See you soon, Izanami girl.”

And then oblivion.

The cold woke you up. Your eyes opened, and witnessed a ceiling that was like the rough surface of a mirror. You sat up, and looked at walls much like the ones that Rita was seeing at the same time, scratched out rough crystalline surfaces with clear spots that resembled mirrors. It was cold as hell, and in instants, you were trembling like a leaf in an hurricane.

Oh, and for some reason, you were in your underwear.

What the hell? Instinctively, you looked at the room. Although it’d have been more appropriate to call it a ‘crystal cave’ of sorts. There were four exits, four long hallways in each cardinal direction that bended at some point, leaving their destination unknown. Confused, your mind addled with all that you had experimented, you looked at one of the clean spots… and saw your reflection slowly wink at you while mouthing a ‘good luck’.

Son of a bitch. Or more appropriately, daughter of a bitch.

… You needed to get moving. As silly as the situation seemed… you ran a serious risk of freezing to death here. And you were sure that was on purpose.

At least… your energy was back. Somehow… and your body seemed devoid of wounds. It was something.

Rika’s HP and SP temporarily restored.

Mirror Labyrinth

A mysterious place that seems to reside in a different dimension. Not much is known about it. A dungeon of sorts?

Extremely cold, to the point that those not adequately clothed will lose HP every certain amount of turns spent in here depending on the level of exposition, and will be extremely vulnerable to getting cold-related sicknesses and status effects. Furthermore, exhaustion ratio is increased due to the cold wearing down on those within.

In Rika’s case, since she’s practically naked, she’ll lose 8 HP every two turns spent in this place.

Harry Blackfield

“Hey! Wake up!”

It was cold. It was cold as fuck. That, more than the annoying voice, or the annoying shaking, was what woke you and your rabbit up. You looked… at the same scenery that Rika was witnessing, more or less. Except in your case, you were wearing clothes. Not that they were all that helpful against the overwhelming cold, but it was better than nothing. Around you, you noticed two persons, neither of which you knew. A boy and a girl, both members of the gang. And they looked spooked, to say the very least. Or outright scared.

“Hey!” The girl exclaimed. “Don’t just sit there! We have to go! There are things around! Dangerous things!”

Mirror Labyrinth

A mysterious place that seems to reside in a different dimension. Not much is known about it. A dungeon of sorts?

Extremely cold, to the point that those not adequately clothed will lose HP every certain amount of turns spent in here depending on the level of exposition, and will be extremely vulnerable to getting cold-related sicknesses and status effects. Furthermore, exhaustion ratio is increased due to the cold wearing down on those within.

In Harry’s case, since he’s wearing the Zeus uniform, jacket included, he’ll lose 5 HP every four turns spent in this place.

Eilian Aubrey
    Time: Day 3 –Noon

You turned around and prepared to exit the scene, not caring for the consequences of it all. Just as you took quite a few steps in the direction of the school’s nearest… entrance…

The world’s gears… grinded so hard you were forced to stop. Something was wrong. There was interference in the ‘rhythm’ of the world, the delicate eldritch clockwork woven into this eldritch place, something that was changing. You turned around, and witnessed what could only be called a crystal dome covered the place you had left, encasing your companions and adversaries within. In seconds, you were left completely alone, staring at something that was completely and utterly out of place even in this insane world.

The gears… they had been altered, their rhythm was changed, whether globally or locally, it didn’t matter, the timing was now off and this was odd and odd and odd and driving your insane and you… and you, against your will… started approaching the dome, slowly… step by step… you came closer against something that shouldn’t be, an except from somewhere else that was messing with what shouldn’t be messed with and…

You couldn’t stop yourself. What you were seeing was impossible to understand. And for that same reason, it was impossible for you to stop. You were out of your senses, moved by some sort of ‘gravity’ towards the thing. You extended your arm, resisting all the while but being unable to stop. You witnessed your own reflection in the mirror of outside… and then you touched it.

And the surface rippled around your arm, the crystal spreading around it… and then over it, first taking the palm, then burying your fingers, and then spreading towards the wrist. You felt a pang of pain…

Which pulled you to your senses, although far too late. The crystal had already encased your hand, and was spreading towards the rest of your body…

Masaki Tomomi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Dorms – Elizabeth & Gwendoline's Room)

Lizzie shook her head at your words.

“You have nothing to apologize for. And… it wasn’t your mistakes what did me in… I took my own decisions. Nothing of what happened is your fault, Tomomi.” She concluded.

“I… I don’t mind going with you or putting myself in harm’s way. I’ve… understood now that this world will allow nothing else. And… I’d… I’d like to start anew with you too.” She blushed and looked away again.

“I… don’t need protection or something like that, and I wouldn’t regret putting… myself in harm’s way for you. Before, it was my just dues, and I still think so…” She paused. “I don’t mind going but…”

“I don’t think your brother would like me to go with his group.” She added weakly.

Kyle Dunn & Jordan J. Jones
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Lidmilla's Room)
    Time: Day 4 – Morning

You knocked, and you were granted permission to enter. The room seemed to be much tidier and neat than last night, and was better organized than before. In fact, Ludmilla was sitting at her bed, this time fully clothed in standard clothing, and with luggage deposited over it.

She threw a glance in the direction of you two. It seemed like she had expect you to come.

“Well?” she asked.

Arthur MacKnight

Using the small span of control time you had, you put forth yet another trick to hurt yourself. Controlling your own foot to make yourself trip… it was smart, yet it had one small flaw… one you had failed to take into account… just tripping yourself probably wouldn’t produce enough pain to matter…

But luckily enough, you happened to be near a tree.

It was a painful hit, and for a second, you felt as if you had split your head against the tough bark, your consciousness swaying momentarily. But when you reeled… so did the beast rampaging within your own body…

“This is your chance!” The voice sounded now much clearer and stronger. “It is reeling back, it is scared and confused! Jump at it! Attack it! Conquer it and dominate it! Do it now, before it can recover its bearings!”

In front of you… you were seeing yourself. A yourself covered in darkness, with a bestial expression in his face. A monster. The beast that had come from beyond your power, when you had tapped even further than your ‘Invocation’.

Your adversary.
    Last edited by RacingeR; August 27th, 2015 at 03:00 AM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Matsumoto Rika

"...Hey now, don't just wink at me, this is partially your fault you know?"

There were many things I had thought suspicious mirror me might be, but a person who pervs on herself was not one of them...

Waking up in a place that certainly wasn't the mirror world I had expected, I find myself automatically wrapping my arms around my now half-naked body, less embarrassed about the whole situation solely because I was more annoyed at the fact that it was absolutely freezing in here. Of course, while this could be considered the fault of the other me, I still have to admit that I'm not entirely free of blame here myself, passing out while leaving the gate open seemed to have had some consequences for me, and so, while I grumble about it, in the end, I just sigh and focus more on how I'm going to get out of here.

"Well... You being surprisingly perverted aside... Next time leave me the jacket at least, can't quite pull the black rock shooter look without it."

In spite of the cold, it seems this place was good for me on at least some level... The wounds I had gotten from fighting with the gang were gone now, and that weird energy of mine had been restored...

But it was still really freaking cold...

"Guessing you can't point me in the right way to go either?"

Talking to my reflection now as if it wasn't an insane thing to do, I start, almost naturally, towards the eastern hallway. I don't have a good reason for picking it, to be honest, I pretty much picked it at random... But it wasn't like I could really make an informed decision about where to go in this place anyway. I could maybe use my powers to make other paths, but...

Somehow, this place gives me the vibe of being the home of that other me, the one who is definitely much stronger.

She might own this place, but she's not home, and I'm not exactly as good as her...

Anything in here (and lets be honest, there's always things in places like this) might take a shot at the weaker Queen if they get a chance...

So for now, I'll just move with my body alone, keeping a hand on the wall to my left as I go so I don't get lost, and hope for the best.

If I start to freeze, I'll try something a bit more desperate.

Hopefully I didn't drag the others down this deep with me.
    Last edited by Airen; August 27th, 2015 at 07:35 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Alexandra Gray

“Eh…"

I waited patiently.

"No… It’s alright. If you want me to, I’ll go with your team. I think I should take a shower now… and make preparations.”

She smiled, a bit shakily, "You should too."

I sniffed at myself a bit, grimacing slightly, "Yeah, prolly. But, y'know, if you're only goin' along because I want you to, you probably shouldn't go. You gotta be the one to want it, not me."

"Buuuut, enough realtalk, I gotta go be less stinky, I'll send out a meetin spot or whatever later tonight."

I gathered up my things, gave it one last stretch, then ambled on out back to the shower.

I think that all went pretty alright, all things considered!
    ============
    Later, I was strolling along the outside of the school, taking it easy for the most part, I'd already busted my ass enough for one day, unless some horrible monster drops out of the sky.

Again.

That'd be a real pain, and I'm starting to get really blase about mortal danger and terrible harm to my person, wonder if that's a bad sign.

Hm.

Well, should probably take it under advisement anyway, note-to-self, see about talking to people more about this sort of thing.

Speaking of people, managed to round up three people, 'sides myself, so that's a total of four, alright, probably going to need to see about med supplies, Kyle said he'd have that under control, should probably grab a kit in the mornin.

And supplies, hm, well, it's going to be four, maybe more, so three meals each, good amount of water, might need to take extra, don't know if the water here's safe, maybe take some purification tablets? Flashlights for sure, going into dense jungle, and it's already darkish normally, maybe some portable chargers? If we have some, defintely some stuff to start a fire, maybe some spray paint, game plan is to leave signals, couple of tents.

If we get five, should bring two, have two people per tent, and then the leftover is on watch duty, then go in shifts, need to figure out shift length an' who's goin first too.

Hrm.

Duct tape, probably some knives, rope, probably some trash bags if we can't burn the trash, don't really wanna leave a trail, stuff to put up the tent, notepad and some pens and pencils, maybe a sharpener, oh, and uh, probably some hygiene stuff, if i'm thinkin about it.

Yeesh.

Maybe a set of cards, Kyle's definitely bringin his chess set, books?

Should probably ask around later tonight.

And this isn't taking into account that 'i think' the uh "Enhanced Human" people, which would be all the people in the group so far, need less food, I certainly've been eating less and workin harder and have been feeling fine and dandy.

Still, that's just a hypothesis.

I scratched at my head, thinkin about all this stuff's hard.

I shook my head and straightened up, I'd meandered on over to where some people'd been working on the wall again, and there was a guy I didn't really recognize, or at least I hadn't seen him around, I vaguely recognized him from somewhere.

What was his name...

Starts with an M.

Think it was Michael.

Yeah that sounds right.

Right?

Right.

Going with Michael, if I'm wrong I'll look super dumb, but that's happened before.

He was uh... a helper guy, if I was remembering correctly, which is probably another thing I need to ask about, weird memory problems.

Still, it was a bit weird, could've sworn I recognized everybody, and this is the first time I've seen this dude.

Fuck it.

I ambled on up towards where the group was working, rolling up my sleeves a bit, "Hey, Michael, right? Need a hand?"

Blog Entries
    Masaki Tomomi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Dorms – Elizabeth & Gwendoline's Room)

"Stop that." Tomomi, who had been happy at Lizzie's words, suddenly looked sullen when she noticed something she continued to state. "I don't want you to put yourself in harm's way for me- Just who would be happy about that?" Gaze laden with sympathy and emotion, Tomomi's fingers curled tighter around Lizzie's hand. "If you come with me, we'll help each other. It's not a one-way thing. You're right- This isn't about what you owe me, or what I owe you anymore. We're going to start anew, and hopefully... Hopefully we can be friends."

She smiled then, truly smiled, a rare sight that she only gave to a handful of people. Tomomi gazed at Lizzie then, not with the damning stare of years ago or the uncertain hesitation after their second encounter, but with the earnest affection of a girl who held nothing but a desire to help the one who had fallen into the same tragic pit as she had done before. She felt no jealousy, nor satisfaction in the girl's plight. All this time this girl had been left alone, and Tomomi could see that it had almost broken her.

Taichi's words came to mind then, how one who had wronged her so much could never be trusted again, but that was only natural for him. For Taichi who had protected her from the cruelty of those who manipulated her feelings, ever since they were nothing but children playing under the japanese spring... Being asked to suddenly forgive somebody like that could only become an unreasonable demand.

But...

He did not understand, what she did.

In the first place, Taichi had always stubbornly moved towards one goal. It only seemed normal that he would find hard to accept, what Tomomi had learned long ago...

-People changed.

Whether it was from tragic circumstances or simply the test of time, Tomomi knew that the right action at the right time could utterly change a person. When Taichi had saved her, both so many years ago and in Lizzie's incident as well, she had managed to come out of the shell that their parents' neglect had oh-so-cruelly caged her in. It was Taichi's support that made her accept the evil of people, and live amongst them without retreating back into the world of books and illusions.

There were people who could not be trusted. Tomomi knew this... But Lizzie knew it as well. When she had been betrayed by those who loved her, when her world of lies was cast down and her self dethroned, when all that she had cherished was devoured... Tomomi was sure that she had realized it.

-Just how cold and dark that loneliness was, without anyone to reach out your hand to. It was likely that her own despair at her actions was the only thing that kept Elizabeth alive... Just alive enough to seek atonement for the consequences of her actions. Not the fake queen that laughed down at her from her throne of filth and lies, but the real Lizzie, the girl that had learned the truth Tomomi had realized before her.

It was, to that person-

-that Tomomi reached out her hand to.

"I'll convince him. My brother- Taichi might not want to accept you, that's true..." She frowned in thought, but then her gaze relaxed. "But Taichi will respect my decision. I can't promise he'll be the best of guys, but if he gets out of hand... Well, I have my means of keeping him in line..." She giggled, imagining how he would react if she suddenly decided to cut his food supply.

"Come with me, Lizzie. This hell is too scary to face alone, so keep me company, okay?"

-
    Before she realized it, embarassing words left her mouth.

"U-um!" Tomomi suddenly pulled back, blushing at what she said. "A-anyways," Tomomi stammered, shifting eyes to glance back at Lizzie again. "Taichi went off to talk to the twins right now, but we planned on meeting up before the day was over so we could talk business... We were thinking about the evening. Did you... Make any plans for dinner?"

-An invitation. Not outright stated, but the meaning was clear. Even as she awkwardly shifted from her too-close stance from earlier, Tomomi's eyes raced back to Lizzie's face in nervous expectation.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Michael Adhikari

Nothin’ quite like workin’ together with people ta get a project done. Taking a minute to reminisce and bask in the good feelin I call out encouragements and give the odd bit of direction before hoastin another load over my shoulder and getting back ta work.

“Keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen, going this pace we’ll be done before you know it, eh!”

"Hey, Michael, right? Need a hand?"

“Hmn?” glancing over at the person who called out as I set down what I was carrying to spare myself before flashing a smile as I respond.

“Yup Michael Adhikari‘s ma name thank ya for remembering it even if we don’t see each otha often, always nice when that happens eh. So how ya doin’, an’ hope its well! There’s to much negative feelin’s floatin’ around as it is wish people would not get so stuck’in the mud. So while those monsters might’in be new life’s still got the same old, same old. Getting all down in the dumps never helped anyone eh.

If ya have the free time an’ the desire then by all mean’s we’d welcome ‘nother pair o’ hands. ‘ts always nice ta have someone help ya out, or to help someone out eh!” letting out a hearty laugh as I smile and pat her on the shoulder.

Too much division in this place, people need ta get it in their heads that we’re all in this together.

Alexandra Gray

"Hmm?"

The guy, Micheal, turned to face me, a big load of something-or-other balanced nicely on one shoulder, he set it down with that air of care, slow, deliberate movements.

Used to hard labor?

An easy smile sprang to his tanned-looking face, "Yup, Michael Adhikari's ma name, thank ya for remembering it even if we don't see each otha often, always nice when that happens, eh."

This guy was aggressively Canadian.

"So how ya doin’, an’ hope it's well! There’s too much negative feelins floatin’ around as it is, wish people would not get so stuck in the mud. So while those monsters might’in be new, life’s still got the same old, same old. Getting all down in the dumps never helped anyone eh."

"S'pose that's one way to look at it," I drawled, and it was a pretty nice change of pace to see someone both enjoying themselves and not also abrasive in some way or form.

"If ya have the free time an’ the desire then by all means we’d welcome ‘nother pair o’ hands. ‘ts always nice ta have someone help ya out, or to help someone out eh!”

I got a big hearty pat on the shoulder, I shifted a bit awkwardly.

Play it cool, don't let 'em see you sweat unless you have to.

"Sure enough, I got some time to kill, probably can't work too hard, been workin' all day as is, but I'm here, so might as well chip in, get some good karma going, might give some good luck tomorrow."

I hefted a medium-sized bag of something heavy-ish, but not enough to make me strain, "I been pretty good, cept for the few times I ended up spittin up parts of myself in the night, but I got to fly around this mornin', not many people can say that."

I cast an eye over towards the jolly Canuck, "And how's yourself doin' this fine day in Hellworld, Michael? Seem to be having a good time of it."

Blog Entries
    Kyle Dunn

Clearly she wasn't happy seeing the two of us here again and that was a clear sign that I was under a huge disadvantage. Especially given last night how things played out. It grinds me to know that I have such a handicap when this choice determines the lives of my allies. Why couldn't things be as simple as promoting a couple of pawns? It's extremely difficult but I know how to do it and that it is possible. So I did what our "Supreme Big Boss" suggested. I apologized and I apologized hard by imitating a mere messenger granted audience to a queen.

"I sincerely apologize for last night. I didn't mean to cause an argument in front of your room or come across you in that state of undress, but I merely wanted to ask for your assistance. So if you could hear both of us out, I promise it won't be a waste of your time."

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kyle Dunn & Jordan J. Jones

"... A bit better. A bit better." Ludmilla nodded, apparently mollified enough by Kyle's apologies. She waved her hand at her readied luggage, like a queen showing her servants. "Well, I'm ready. And waiting for you guys to say what you gotta say."

She let her chin rest on her hand. "So speak up, already."

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones

Jordan nodded and smiled confidently.

He took his hand off of Kyle's shoulder and made some distance between him and the Kyle.

"I think Dunn's not done yet," he said, clearly motioning for the other boy to say his piece first this time.

Michael Adhikari

“Mmn, doin’ so-so to be honest, tryin’ to solve things ‘round here, ‘s like tryin’ to run ‘round the prairies stopin’ the wildfires by stompin’ the embers out, eh. Million o’ problems an’ new ones pop up like popcorn. Has me runnin’ all over the place, still missin’ so many though, annoying eh.” Pausing a moment to shake my head at myself I then continue. “Like that big meetin’ or that monster attack and our shiny new friends ‘suppose its only natural, still ‘ts annyoin’. Dropping my load off I take a moment to think before continuing. “Ah right need ta remember to go sign up for one o’ those expeditions I heard aboot, everyone can help an’ got these fancy powa’s so might as well use ‘em for somethin’ useful eh.

Then after that ‘ve got to go runnin’ ‘round some more to go track down Gennadiya an’ tha others so I can see aboot getting that idea of skill workshops hammered out. Ahaha well that’s roughly how I’m doin’ so how ya doin’, any news from the front so ta say?”

Smiling once again I turn the conversation back over to Alexandra, even if she doesn’t have any new information we can still enjoy ourselves with conversation.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Bill Stars

"Aha..."

Well that was probably the weirdest thing Bill had gone through during his time here. Not every day did some weirdo show up, throw a bunch of jewelry on the table intending to give it away then changing his mind just as quick and taking it all away.

Yup, pretty strange.

Still he'd been able to keep one of these rings, so that was something. Too bad it seems like these things didn't actually do anything after all, least he certainly didn't feel any different after putting it on. Well it's not like there was any point in thinking too hard about it, in just a couple hours him and the rest of the gang would be saying their goodbyes to this dump. Now it was time to get back to more important matters, like food...that is until his vision blacked out.

He couldn't tell where he was, or what was happening, but whatever was happening didn't last long and it disappeared with just as little warning as it had happened. Worst of all, his food had been stolen away during that time, well no, that wasn't entirely true. He hadn't eaten it, yet he distinctly remembered eating it. Was this perhaps related to what that creepy kid had said about something changing?

Now to top it all off the sidekick has also shown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    “Dude, you… you noticed it too?”
    Bill grinned in response to Nick's question. Yeah, he noticed it, it was a little confusing at first, but now that confusion has turned into excitement.

"Yup, looks like things are just about to get interesting. Think I'll go check up on the crew from Brooklyn, see if things are ready yet meanwhile why don't you go pay your pal a visit, what was his name again...Ar-something?"

Alexandra Gray

Micheal frowned a little to himself, discontent on his face, “Mmn, doin’ so-so to be honest, tryin’ to solve things ‘round here, ‘s like tryin’ to run ‘round the prairies stoppin’ the wildfires by stompin’ the embers out, eh. Million o’ problems an’ new ones pop up like popcorn. Has me runnin’ all over the place, still missin’ so many though, annoying eh.”

Well, that's what happens when you're working hard, always more to do, and not enough ways to solve 'em for good, walls have to go up, maybe some watchtowers, work work work.

“Like that big meetin’ or that monster attack and our shiny new friends. ‘Suppose it's only natural, still, 's annoyin’."

I nodded sympathetically.

“Ah right need ta remember to go sign up for one o’ those expeditions I heard aboot, everyone can help an’ got these fancy powa’s so might as well use ‘em for somethin’ useful eh."

I blinked.

"Then after that ‘ve got to go runnin’ ‘round some more to go track down Gennadiya an’ tha others so I can see aboot getting that idea of skill workshops hammered out. Ahaha well that’s roughly how I’m doin’ so how ya doin’, any news from the front so ta say?”

Hm, well then.

"Most of the day I've just been workin at trying to get stronger, after the meeting this morning, anyway. Went through the death march with Miss Matthews, got beaten up by Gwendoline, s'why I'm not working super hard right now, gotta take it easy for tomorrow."

"And speakin' of which, I'm one of the people going around and hustlin up a posse of people who want to run out into, well," I jerked my hand at the hole in the wall, mostly patched up now, "That. Not expectin' too many outright volunteers, but I got a couple people who are willin' to go, if you're all for it, I'm all for it, don't like having to talk people into it, feels like I'm making them do what they don't want to."

Blog Entries
    Kyle Dunn

So I got the first move... Certainly many strategies rely on the first move and strike advantage. Blitzkrieg. Shock and awe. The statistics of white having a higher win percentage than black. So naturally, I could say that I had advantage in terms of negotiations due to that.

However moving first also means that you hit information uncertainty and have a lower time frame to analyze the problems. That's why I naturally prefer the Black side of chess.

"As I have mentioned before, I would like to recruit you to be my team's healer. Why I believe it is imperative for my team to have you? It's due to our team having more physically strong members than physically tough members. Meaning, we're more likely to get hurt if we aren't careful. In light of this, I would be more at ease if we had someone with your skills then to just rely on my meager skills or my contingency plans."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Ludmilla's Room)

It wasn't as if Jordan was any good at chess, or anything like that. But after spending some time with Kyle and chatting the guy up as they studied together, he'd learned a few useless things. And yet, for Jordan, even worthless knowledge could be used. After that study session spent together, one fact hadn't changed, despite the new respect he'd gained for the chess player:

Kyle Dunn was still his opponent.

So, without even thinking too hard about it, Jordan let the other boy go first. Kyle was smarter, more well informed, and unpredictable. So Jordan instinctively put himself in a position that would minimize Kyle's advantages. No chance to react. No ability to formulate counterarguments and tear apart Jordan's sloppier points. The head of the pack was also the one most in danger of getting stabbed in the back. If one of Jordan's talents was seeing where someone else fit best considering their strengths... it could also be applied in reverse, to pinpoint a person's weak points and exploit them mercilessly. Even then, he would gain points by being gracious and letting someone else speak first. Not to mention that the last to speak also left the strongest impression upon the listener. In this game... Black had the advantage over White.

Of course, Jordan never consciously thought any of this. All of it was expressed in a single hunch that he followed without thinking too hard.

"Well," he said, scratching his head idly. "You already heard most of my speech yesterday, so I ain't gonna bore you again. My team's full of people that can keep going and take a couple of bullets for you, but got no one to yank 'em out and patch us up. You join, we'd be rounded out with a pretty much perfect formation. Adam's a brick wall between you and anything with more teeth than common sense, so it'd probably be a bit safer, too. I've got me some first aid training of my own in case anything happens, and, well..."

He flashed Ludmilla the smile he rarely used. Compared to Jordan's neutral smirk, it was something much more rarely seen... the smile of someone with a stupid plan and the guts to see it through.

"Dunn's a pretty fucking smart guy, but... Dunn ain't fun. We are."
    Last edited by Bloble; August 30th, 2015 at 02:45 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rita Lin

These freak powers resulted in some incalculable variables. There was always a chance that some freak had some power to get rid of the gas, that their stamina would let them resist it, whatever. It was a bit of a gamble, but for the most part it seemed to pay off.

Until this happened anyway.

I didn't quite understand what the fuck happened here but it seemed like new and improved Rika wasn't quite feeling it, and that we weren't really in the school anymore. I guess one dimensional travel was not enough for the week.

“So, out of curiosity~, what were you planning to do after knocking everyone out?”
    My body felt like it was on strong painkillers, numb in my extremities and especially my fingers. But it was enough to answer her question.

"Get backup, drag our guys away and make sure they weren't going to choke on their own tongues. Then do whatever with the rest. No need to rough them up in my opinion, with smarts like that something's going to eat them sooner or later." I shrug. "Seems like that didn't work out..."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Michael Adhikari

"Most of the day I've just been workin at trying to get stronger, after the meeting this morning, anyway. Went through the death march with Miss Matthews, got beaten up by Gwendoline, s'why I'm not working super hard right now, gotta take it easy for tomorrow."

"And speakin' of which, I'm one of the people going around and hustlin up a posse of people who want to run out into, well," I jerked my hand at the hole in the wall, mostly patched up now, "That. Not expectin' too many outright volunteers, but I got a couple people who are willin' to go, if you're all for it, I'm all for it, don't like having to talk people into it, feels like I'm making them do what they don't want to."

“Hahaha, so ya are eh, well then whatcha say I join ya for that little field trip. Ah well that is if you’ll have me, eh.” Scratching sheepishly as I realize I may have overstepped myself. Well even this doesn’t work out I can see if the other leaders will let me in. Waiting around for things never did sit well with me and in this new little world I sure as hell don’t think it’ll solve anything. If only everyone else realized that and if only they realized that we should all be working together.

“Ya got the right idea though eh, before a big excursion ya should be takin' it easy, got to be at the top of yur game. In a thing like this small mistakes can kill ya all to easily. Good on ya to be askin’ help from those around ya to, its hard to go doin’ things on yur own not to mention Teach, Gwyn and the rest know their stuff eh, ahahahaha." letting out a laugh as I remember all the amazin' stunts I've seen them pull I start up once again. "If only everone had half yur attitude we’d be set eh.

If only they did, but anyway best o’ luck with everythin’” dispelling any sort of gloom that may have accumulated I pat her on the shoulder again before breaking out in another laugh as I get back to work.

Alexandra Gray

Michael grinned, a bit sheepishly, shuffling in what appeared to be self-consciousness.

“Hahaha, so ya are, eh? Well then whatcha say I join ya for that little field trip. Ah, well, that is if you’ll have me, eh.”

I can faintly smell maple syrup on the breeze.

“Ya got the right idea though eh, before a big excursion ya should be takin' it easy, got to be at the top of yur game. In a thing like this, small mistakes can kill ya all to easily. Good on ya to be askin’ help from those around ya to, it's hard to go doin’ things on yur own not to mention Teach, Gwyn and the rest know their stuff eh, ahahahaha. If only they did, but, anyway, best of luck with everything."

I smile wryly as I remember the events of the morning, "Well, still got a ways to go, I certainly ain't even close to where I'd like to be, and I've got my own blind spots and things that I don't like bout myself."

I coughed, shuffling that off to the side, still didn't really want to go ahead and ramble about that, jealousy, frustration, nothing to be going on about right now, s'like he said, gotta lighten up a bit.

"But, yeah, anyway, If you're wantin to go, I'll send out the call in the mornin' so we can all hustle up and start off our grand adventure."

He patted me on the shoulder again, in that chummy, comradely sort of way, and then hefted up that load of his and set off on his merry way.

I busied myself a bit with some idle, easy-paced work on the walls here and there, trying my hand at some organization, then, seeing that I'd done enough good for the moment, set some people straight here and there, finished up what I was doing, and ambled off back to get some grub.

Would probably go back and crash if nothing happened after that, that little nest I'd wrangled together sounded awfully good.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Arthur MacKnight

This was it then.

He didn't understand where he was or for what reason the voice had chosen to advise him on what to do but in the end it didn't matter.

The twisted mirror image was his enemy and in this world there was no room for more than one Arthur MacKnight, the one who survived would be the one to take that place...even if that thing only resembled him in form and nothing else.

The young man grasps at the surrounding darkness, a single blade answering his call as it forms, makeshift in appearance and far from the brutish weapon he had used in the 'real world'.

Though it was a poor imitation, it did boast power. Power that far exceeded anything he had managed to conjure up, power that could easily cleave his blade and body in two if he was struck by it. However there was no running in this fight, here the only option was to move forward or die trying. To the normal person, fear would be the natural reaction when one's very existence was on the line...but ever since he had arrived in this world had not that been the case? Since drawing the dark sword from whatever abyss it had come from and fighting the monsters that infested this land, it has just been a fight to survive.

So when he stepped forward, there was no fear.

He would overcome this or he would die trying but he would not fear the end.

The distance between the two knights was cut in an instant.

He struck down against the enemy with the blade, a balance of both defense and offense in his attack, there would be no wild flailing.

The Abyss would be conquered once more.