Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 45678111656 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanomachy (IC)

Blog Entries
    Rosary Flowers
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Classroom - ???)
    Time: Day 1 – Afternoon

If there was anything I could say, it was that I would have liked to run. Don't get me wrong, now; I hate people I know dying on me as much as anyone else does. but I would have rather ran the fuck away than do anything stupid like straight up fight. But, I couldn't have ran away with her. And the guilt of abandoning people is something I know all too well.

So I had to be the hero and nonchalantly march up to them like a moron.

"Gonna make this short, Jay. Got super powers by being mindraped. Don't ask, long story, but you're not dyin' on my watch."

Thankfully, my power has one application that means I can well, do something. In a flash my arm is already intangible, and I throw a punch, aiming at somewhere that looks like it hurts. Then i can do the age old telefrag and be done with it.

I swear...

Precision: Zombiedude

Stuff?
    Stats
    AGI: 20
    SPI: 12

SP: 123/150

Perks
    Path of UNKNOWN

Having received something unknown in her body, Rosary’s power has been slightly changed, and so has been the effect caused within her soul when casting it. As she now has a deeper synchronization with it, beneficial effects are achieved when the power is casted. If this something unknown is allowed to grow, something interesting may happen.
    [When using her Spiritual Power, Rosary recovers 5 HP. Her Spiritual Power has been slightly improved.]

Awakened Power
    [Ghosts ~ With a Fading Touch]

The ability to render things intangible. As a result it is very effective in terms of escaping or avoiding blows but can only work on Rosary herself and items she can see within a ten meter radius. She can make another person intangible, but she has to have tactile contact.
    [Can make a person she is touching or herself intangible, becoming immune to physical damage, and gaining the ability to go through physical obstacles. Costs 15 SP, and has a duration of 2 turns. Can be deactivated at will.]
    [By making a part of her body immaterial, she is able to put said part through a target’s body, and rematerialize it, causing SPI x2 physical damage. Costs 12 SP.]

Masaki Taichi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Room – 5th Floor)

"Stay away-!"

I swing my Bokken in a desperate attempt to create more distance between I and our attackers. Worried about President, I got careless for a moment and ended up being bitten by one of those things and scratched by another. Those injuries are nothing to worry about, but if this keeps up we're going to find ourselves in trouble soon. These 'Zombies' are definitely stronger and faster than they look and the fact that we are outnumbered serves to make more clear which side here is at a disadvantage. Even Kaitlin took a hit this early into the battle... That's gotta say something.

Gritting my teeth I make an effort to hold back my anger and calm down my ragged breathing.

"..."

Kaitlin said I should watch out for the boys' arms... I am going to make a wild guess and say these guys can get even stronger than what they've shown so far. Their movements might be slow, but if one of them lands a hit on one of us it's going to be troublesome. I should take care of them first... Don't want any of them to lay a finger on the President.

"Tch..."

But even I know we are fighting a losing battle. I won't pretend I didn't see that corpse stand up from the ground... I can't simply ignore that fact. After all, the room we are in is filled with bodies of dead students. There is a possibility that every single one of them will eventually become our enemy should we let them be. Which begs the question, Should we sheathe our swords and escape, or at least move the battle to a more favorable place...? Our only way out of here is the stairs, although I am not sure where they will take us. While we seem to be at Zeus, at the same time we're not... This room is unlike anything I've seen before. Still, I want to say going down is our best bet if we want to find the others. However, we have to be fast... If those things catch us before we get to the lower floor it's going to be a pain fighting them on the stairs.

"Kaitlin, watch out, not everybody on the floor is dead-!" I warn her as I retreat and try to make the distance between us smaller. It'd be bad if one of us manages to escape while the other is left behind. We have to do this together. Hopefully, by now, Kaitlin has also realized why continuing to fight here is a very bad idea. "Come closer, we'll open up a path and head downstairs!"

With that said, I attack the closest male undead on my way to President. However, unlike before, I don't focus on its head anymore. Instead I thrust forward with my wooden sword with the sole intent of throwing him off balance and making him fall. While still a threat, those things are a lot less dangerous when knocked down... Needless to say, much easier to eliminate. If given the chance, I could pull off another attack and finish him off for sure... If the other zombies don't allow me such luxury, then I'll switch targets to them. If everyone is on the ground, it will be easier for us to escape.
    Last edited by hero; February 3rd, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Lacie
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – ?? Floor)

The shadowy figure smiles. It has an ugly, evil looking grin that definitely marks it as inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Goblin
    “If you mean running away from me, then too late for that. If you mean running away from the creature that killed the trash over there, it left a long time ago. You should have figured out that I was the one running around her while invisible, idiotic broad!”
    I tense as the creature moves closer, it's long, divided tongue flicking out of its' mouth. I almost step back, involuntarily - I can almost feel the aura of menace that surrounds this creature.

“However… yes, you don’t seem to be as stupid as those dead idiots over there. Yes, I was not the one that killed your fellow retards… and it is very interesting that you figured that out. Plus… a divided soul… or is it two souls in one body? Very interesting, broad.”
    Its red eyes shine brighter; it looks more interested than it did before.That's probably a bad thing... I get ready to run as it approaches me. Somehow it knows about Max, which for some reason doesn't surprise me.

“So… think back to those broken bodies, and this situation, and give me three motives. Three motives of why you think I did not kill these students. And you better give me good answers, got it?”
    I pause for a second. It wants me to give it reasons? I get the feeling it'll kill me if I don't answer, so I take a breath and speak, looking at the shadowy creature before me.

"First, you gave it away when you first spoke. Even though I may not be able trust a lot of what you say, by your own admission, both accidental and otherwise, you stated that you didn't kill those students."

"Second, from what I saw of the students, they were killed in a variety of different ways, and from observation you only seem to have your claws and fangs."

"Lastly, you and I can't be the only other living beings in here. By your own admission and logic, that's untrue. You mentioned the invisible creature - it stands to reason that there are other beings in here, ones who could easily kill people as well. Combined the the other two reasons, that's why I don't think you killed those students."

I wait for its response, ready to run or dodge.
    Last edited by Mooncake; February 22nd, 2014 at 06:25 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Marissa Eren

“Wake up.”

Someone was shaking you, trying to take you out of the comfortable darkness you were within. You rejected the voice assaulting your ears, moving your face away. However, the shaking only got stronger.

“Wake up, Mari!”

You groaned, and opened your eyes. At first, you only saw a blur, but after some seconds, your vision focused, and you saw the face of Rowina, your club president, looking at you with concern. You moved upwards slightly, and then you recalled. The sudden ‘earthquake’ that had made everything start shaking, you falling on top of the club president just as everything was invaded with darkness, and the assault on your soul…

You suddenly got up, almost headbutting Rowina in the process, and felt your body sore and sluggish. You looked around, only to discover you were in an unfamiliar hallway that seemed to be part of the school, yet had never existed before. Teal light penetrated from a window, but apart from the spot you were in, you could only see darkness around you.

“Mari,” Rowina called to you again, approaching you after the step she had taken back to avoid your head. “Are you alright? Can you move?”

NPC info!

Rowina Besley
    http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...iew&id=1173923
    The president of the botany club. A girl well known for her kindness, even though she only ever approaches those who are in her own club. She is somewhat of a mystery in terms of past, or why she attends Zeus academy, but given the kind face she shows to anyone that approaches her, nobody has ever asked.
    Relationships: Marissa: 1

Rika Griffin
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 5th Floor)
    Turn 3: Rika vs Dead Doods Remix

Your attack was devastating. In less than a single second, you had created five pieces of broken wood, and instantly thrown them at your enemies at enough speed they became a blur.

Battle calculation

Projectile’s Speed
    -21 (Projectile’s SPD) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    -21 (Projectile’s SPD) > 15 (Decayed Being [G]’s EVA)
    Rika’s Attack
    -13 (Rika’s SPI + Marksmanship) * 3 (Quantity) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 31 damage.
    -13 (Rika’s SPI + Marksmanship) * 2 (Quantity) – 5 (Decayed Being [G]’s DEF) = 21 damage

Thrown with such force and speed, the projectiles had no trouble hitting their targets with their full force, violently ripping holes in the soft tissue of the rotten flesh. Viscous, nearly dried blood exploded with each impact, pooling in the floor as the dead bodies trembled, as if being hit with bullets.

Then, with just a mere pathetic gurgling sound coming from their throats, both of the undead creatures tumbled down to the ground, and ceased moving forever.

Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy) has been slain
    Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl) has been slain

Washington Irving
    Turn 4: Washington Irving vs Mutated Canadians

You prepared to deal with the incoming attack. Being so near you as it was, the enemy crow couldn’t use its own dive to launch itself at you, so it seemed to be content with thrusting its enormous beak towards you, maybe believing you to be easy pickings due to the wounds you had already received.

Battle calculation

20 (Mutated Crow’s AGI) = 20 (Washington’s EVA)
    Attack dodged

However, it could only be surprised as you suddenly turned and dodged its attack, the crow’s own weight pulling it down as it clumsily tried to regain lift, only to fall towards the floor. At the last moment, it managed to avoid the impact, and do a safe landing in the roof. From there, it screeched furiously at you, not noticing a shadow falling over it…

Precision roll

Sneak Attack
    Precision granted
    Success!

Battle calculation

Ludmilla’s Attack
    -14 + 1 (Ludmilla’s STR) – 5 (Mutated Crow’s DEF) = 10 damage
    --Sneak Attack. 10 x 1.5 = 15 damage

It was the girl that had been unconscious not a moment ago. She must have woken up during the battle in the skies, and had grabbed a metal bar that had once been part of the rooftop’s railing. Probably understanding the situation, she had sneaked towards the fight, and once she saw a chance, she had hammered the crow with all of her strength.

You heard the sound of its left wing breaking, and judging from the blood that surged from its newly opened wound, it had suffered an huge amount of damage. Its body had been sent skidding towards the border of the roof, but it stopped, and quickly recovered. It probably would be unable to fly, but its beak opened and closed menacingly, indication that it was well ready to keep fighting despite the odds.

“You… you are… Small Government?” The pink-haired girl suddenly asked you, staring with hey eyes wide open as if she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

Cyrus Ferdinand
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 2nd Floor)
    Turn 2: Cyrus & Cecily vs Ghost

Cecily remained completely quiet as you talked, thankfully. She seemed to be concentrated in looking for a way out of this, but you paid her no mind as you focused on the ghost floating above you.

“Passing on to the afterlife? Are you stupid? Should I just fucking kill you and be done with this?” The ghost giggled again, the cruelty hidden in that sound made your stomach turn, and your skin crawl. “But sure, let’s gamble.”

The ghost of a girl moved her arms theatrically, and both you and Cecily took a step back as white flames that looked as ethereal as the monster itself appeared in both her hands. Her one eye focused on you, full of malice.

“If you win, I leave. If you lose, I just kill you both in the most horrible way I can think of. And you better not make the gamble with shit I cannot touch, asshole.”

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Soul (Human Student)
    Race: Undead
    Attributes: Unliving, Ethereal
    Spiritual Rank: -1

Perks:

Immaterial Body [Ethereal Trait]
    What before used to posses a body of flesh and bone, now possesses an ethereal imitation of what once was. Due to lacking existence in the physical plane, this new body generated by the decayed soul is completely unreachable by physical attacks, and only magical or spiritual attacks will be able to damage it.

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be an human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

Ghostfire
    Generation and manipulation of white ethereal flames capable of affecting not only the realm of the physical, but the realm of the immaterial. Meant for absolute annihilation of all living things.

Jordan J. Jones
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 1st Floor)

Faced with this kind of situation, you did the best possible thing. You ran like the wind, sprinting towards the opposite direction, transformed into an human rocket. You burst through a door, and started running through an unfamiliar hallway. And all the while, Zeta’s portal kept up with you with apparent ease, as the girl kept chanting to herself. You felt a strange power emanating from her, but you had no time to think about that.

The corpses of the students had been left in the dust easily enough, but the corpse of your former chemistry teacher kept up with you, running at an absurd speed for a cadaver, much faster than you were. You understood that there was a limit for the time you would be able to keep up with her, and that she would catch up to you in any moment. However, before that fate could come to pass…

“Megali Astrapí” Zeta pronounced without any emotion, as if this was business as usual. And then everything turned white as a massive flash shook the dark hallway.

Battle calculation

Megali Astrapí’s Speed
    -25 (Megali Astrapi’s SPD) > 17 (Decayed Being [A]’s EVA)
    Zeta’s Attack
    -120 (Zeta’s SPI x4) – 15 (Decayed Being [A]’s SDEF) = 105 damage)

You stopped running and turned around. Something had passed by you during that instant, something that had made a roaring noise and had carved out the walls in its path, completely wrecking the hallway. Even now, you felt your skin crawl from the massive amounts of energy that had been just unleashed, and the static present in the air made your hairs stand on end.

There was a step, and you saw a barely recognizable charred corpse walking towards you. Ms. Larry’s undead body had received such large amount of damage that its right arm had completely disappeared, half her face was charred, and her torso looked like it had a crater on it. Its left hand extended towards you one last time, shattered claws trying in vain to reach you before falling apart. Before your eyes… the body fell forwards… and stopped moving as it crumbled apart.

Decayed Being (Human Adult) has been slain

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Being (Human Adult)
    Attributes: Unliving

HP: 100

SDEF: 15
    AGI: 25
    EVA: 17

Perks:

Painless One [Unliving Trait]
    As an undead being that has abandoned the realm of the living, this creature is now a shambling monstrosity, a decayed spirit moving the decayed husk of what used to be its body. Due to this, undead beings are unable to feel any pain, no matter how much their body is battered. Breaking their limbs is useless, as only complete destruction of said limb would be able to stop them from using it. Their body will keep going no matter how gruesome or severe the wounds are, until it is damaged enough to become unable to serve as a vessel for the decayed spirit.

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be an human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

-----------------------------------------------

Name: Zeta
    Race: ???
    Attributes: ???
    Spiritual Rank: ???

Stats:

Spirit: 30

Perks:

Thunder Magic?
    Casting of lightning magic. Details unknown.
    [Megali Astrapi – Magical ability. A massive beam of lightning that annihilates everything in its path. Takes one turn to charge, and deals x4 SPI damage to a single target, or x3 SPI damage in AoE. Costs 40 SP. Speed = 25]

Spatial Magic?
    Allows for warping of space via magical means. Details unknown.
    [??? – Opens an one-way portal to a nearby area. The portal is capable of moving as if it had 25 speed. Other properties unknown]

Adam Baumer

In a single movement, you ripped the zombie off your body, hoisted it over your shoulder, and rammed it against the floor at full strength, seeking to crush its head at once, and end its unlife in an instant.

Precision roll

Difficulty: 16
    Roll: 10
    Failure!

Battle calculation

Adam’s Speed
    -Hit granted
    Adam’s Attack
    -19 + 3 (Adam’s STR + Floor smash) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 14 damage

You failed in crushing its head, but it did not matter anyway. You felt its bones breaking apart in the impact, and the body of the monster jolted in your hands, before finally falling limp, completely shattered.

You threw the body aside, and focused on the other zombie, which was about to jump at you and claw at your face when Lizbeth intervened, launching another powerful kick to its upper body.

Battle calculation

Lizbeth’s Speed
    -17 (Lizbeth’s AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    Lizbeth’s Attack
    -21 (Lizbeth’s STR) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 13 damage

The easily recognizable crunching sound filled your ears, and the body of the zombie was propelled backwards against the wall, where it crashed, and finally fell, its movements ceasing entirely.

You heard noise in the classroom, and saw with horror that the one zombie in the classroom had been joined by another, and together they had somehow finished devouring the cadavers within.

“We better jet.” Told you Lizbeth as she prepared to run.

Johnny Justice
    Turn 3: Johnny vs Mr Anderson

You stepped through the hole, leaving Anderson behind. You examined the dark hallway as you walked it down, searching for a window. But you had forgotten something important…

If you could fit through the hole in the wall… then your undead teacher could, too.

A gurgling, drowned roar was heard, and you turned around to regard your former teach running at you with impressive speed, its claws scything through the air, aiming to cut your neck off in a single hit...

There was a loud noise.

Battle calculation

Bullet’s Speed
    -35 (Projectile’s SPD) > 17 (Decayed Being [A]’s EVA)
    Bullet’s Attack
    -30 + 5 (Projectile’s ATK + Sidearms Training) – 12 (Decayed Being [A]’s DEF) = 23 damage

A hole appeared in the zombie’s chest, propelling it backwards in a cloud of blood and decayed tissue, towards the floor and away from you. In front of you, from a corner in the hallway, an afroamerican man dressed in a black suit and wielding a 9mm pistol had appeared, and probably saved your life.

Encountered ???

“Don’t stop! Keep running!” You heard him shout as the zombie behind started getting up.

Rosary Flowers
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Classroom - ???)
    Turn 1: Rosary & Jayden vs Zombies

“Eh..?” Jayden stared at you without understanding “What do you mean..?”

However, it became clear what you meant when your hand became ghostly white, and you moved towards the first corpse, aiming to put your newly gained power to use.

Precision roll

Difficulty: 16
    Roll: 9
    Failure!

Battle calculation

Rosary’s Speed
    -19 (Rosary’s AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    Rosary’s Attack
    -24 (Rosary’s SPI x2) – 8 = 16 damage

You ran quickly towards it, and plunged your immaterial arm within its body. There was an horrible sound when it rematerialized, and the flesh of the undead monster’s stomach just disappeared, your hand being covered by the rotten gastric juices from its opened stomach. You barely had any time to feel revulsion, however, because the arm of the zombie grabbed yours with almost impossible strength.

Battle calculation

Strongarm activated
    Decayed Being [B]’s Speed.
    -Grabbed. Hit granted.
    Decayed Being [B]’s Attack
    -35 (Decayed Being [B]’s STR) – 7 (Rosary’s DEF) = 28 damage
    Rosary’s HP: 60 – 28 = 32

The zombie became driven by something unholy, something that made it surpass the limits of its decayed body, and attack you with strength that went beyond comprehension. Its claws penetrated your body from the left side, under your arm, and then went down, ripping through half of your uniform, and trough your flesh. Blood poured from the freshly opened wounds as the claw kept its downwards swing, finishing at the height of your thigh. Then, after nearly cutting your whole left side open, it let go of its grip, leaving a red mark in your wrist. Your body hit the wall and slid down, leaving a red stain behind.

Rosary has been afflicted with Wound Level 1
    (AGI and EVA reduced by 2)

You saw the other zombie moving away from Jayden and towards you, and behind, you saw Jayden making a strange expression as her body trembled, as if affected by something. She had started to do that when you had approached her, but you did not have much time to think about it. You needed to concentrate in your own survival right now.

Masaki Taichi

You attacked the closest boy to you again, your bokken aimed for its chest to push it down.

Battle Calculation

Taichi’s Speed
    -19 (Taichi’s AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    Taichi’s Attack
    -20 (Taichi’s STR) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 12 damage

Your hit connected, and you put extra strength on your swing, sending the zombie tumbling down towards the floor. Meanwhile, Kaitlin followed your example, and aimed at the nearest girl again with her sword.

Battle Calculation

Kaitlin’s Speed
    -21 (Kaitlin’s AGI) > 15 (Decayed Being [G]’s EVA)
    Kaitlin’s Attack
    -24 (Kaitlin’s STR) – 5 (Decayed Being [G]’s DEF) = 19 damage

Cutting the zombie in half with a single swing, she also ran towards the stairs, with you following closely behind. However…

“The way down is cut! We’ll have to go upstairs!” Kaitlin told you as you reached her, both covered in the blood of your recent kills. You saw the way downstairs was blocked by a ton of debris, leaving only a small hole in the top that none of you were capable of reaching.

The zombies that had not been hit had reached you, and you turned to make common front against them. The body of the boy that had been fighting the red-haired swordswoman before now attacked you, while the girl zombie that had scratched at you not a moment ago now aimed at Kaitlin.

Battle Calculation

Decayed Being [B]’s Speed
    -15 (Decayed Being [B]’s AGI) > 10 (Taichi’s EVA)
    Decayed Being [B]’s Attack
    -25 (Decayed Being [B]’s STR) – 19 (Taichi’s DEF) = 6 damage
    Taichi’s HP: 132 – 6 = 126

Battle Calculation

Decayed Being [G]’s Speed
    -20 (Decayed Being [G]’s AGI) > 19 (Kaitlin’s EVA)
    Decayed Being [G]’s Attack
    -20 (Decayed Being [G]’s STR) – 9 (Kaitlin’s DEF) = 11 damage

The boy’s attack connected in your face, making a painful scratch in your check that burned like hell. Kaitlin also took a hit to her side, the claws of her enemy drawing blood as they cut through her.

Your wounds were relatively small, and you were still in fighting shape. Kaitlin’s condition was a bit worse, judging from how she was panting, but she would be able to keep going for a while too, and wasn’t harmed very seriously. However, you could already see some of the corpses from before rapidly decaying and starting to get up.

Your situation was quickly becoming desperate.

Wise up!

Name: Kaitlin Walterson
    Race: Human
    Attributes: Human, Unbound
    Spiritual Rank: 1

Stats:

Strength: 16 + 4 (sword) + 5 (perk)
    Defense: 10
    Agility: 20 + 2 (perk)
    Evasion: 20

Perks:

(Focus) Swordmanship Genius
    An extreme aptitude for the wielding of swords, and the learning of many kinds of sword-styles. At this point, Kaitlin could be called a genius of the kind that could easily advance to the olympic stage if she wanted to. Her strength when wielding a sword is unmatched on the whole of Zeus High, and probably in the whole country.
    [When attacking or defending with a sword-type weapon, a +5 bonus is added to the normal STR bonus of the weapon, and the user obtains +2 AGI. Furthermore, two techniques can be created]

Eye of the Mind
    Via experience and training, Kaitlin has been able to grasp an innate quality to read her adversaries, and understand their movements, their weaknesses, and their strengths. Furthermore, once enough knowledge on the enemy is obtained, she is able to plan accordingly and improve her odds of success against them.
    [As the fight goes on, Kaitlin can obtain hints and information on how the enemies fight, and what they are capable of doing, discovering perks and stats if given enough time. Other effects are possible.]

Inspiring Blade
    Watching Kaitlin fight is like watching art happening in front of you. Her graceful figure as she dances and fights her enemies inspires her allies and friends to do better themselves.
    [Allies get +1 to all their physical stats when Kaitlin is fighting, and the difficulty of their combat rolls goes down by 1. Those with Relationship 3 or more with her receive another +1 to their physical stats]

Equipment:
    Longsword (Family Heirloom): A durable European longsword. +4 STR, and high chances of inflicting Bleeding.

Lacie

“Oh? Not bad girl, not bad at all. I guess I cannot call these answers completely correct, but you have a better brain than most of the scum here.”

The goblin seemed to meditate, before its eyes turned upwards and met yours. You felt your gaze lock to its eyes, and it became impossible to turn away.

“So… I have a proposal for you.” He talked very slowly, his words carrying a certain weight that told you that the creature had stopped screwing around, and was being serious now. “You see, I was just here doing my thing, all was normal in the world, and then a fucking building fell from the sky on top of me. I… survived it, but I have been weakened and reduced to the form you see here. I don’t really have all that much left to stay in this world either, maybe three or four hours at most.”

“Make a contract with me. I’ll awaken the powers stored inside your soul, and help you survive. And in exchange, you’ll anchor me to the world, and help me survive until I can recover enough. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. Deal?”
    Last edited by RacingeR; February 3rd, 2014 at 10:40 PM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Dylan Rory McNeill
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Classroom – ???)
    Turn 4

Of course the bastard decides to completely focus on me now, should have seen that coming.

Clamping my mouth shut to muffle my scream as the acid starts eating into my chest. Fuck, fuck, fuck, this hurts, stupid useless people who are never around when I need them.

Well nothing I can do unless someone else decides to join me in this oh so wonderful party. When life puts a barrier in your way you find some way to pass it, when life puts something trying to kill you in your way you smash it’s skull in. Yippie yi kiya motherfucker, bring it.

Pulling myself to my feet in preparation to resume my death match with Mr. big, green and stupid I’m treated to an almost pleasant interruption as a somewhat creepy yet actually sort of cute ghostly girl phases through the ceiling before muttering to herself in separate voices. Well that’s not what I expected or was hoping for but it will do, beggars can’t be choosers after all.

Throwing the desks around me in front of me as a makeshift barrier in an attempt to buy myself some time, I then turn to the new arrival and swallowing the pain before dipping into a small bow.

“Why yes you should help me my lady because if left to my own devices I fear I shall spend a long while dealing with this creature you see before you and thus leave me unable to properly attend to you, and being unable to attend to such an astounding lady as yourself would both be my eternal shame and a crime against all things good in this pretty little world. So won’t you please assist me to prevent this great travesty from coming to pass?”

Come on please work and help me, people like me aren’t made to do things alone.

Spoiler:
    Dylan
    HP: 89/120
    SP: ???

STR 12, DEF 14, SPI ??, S.DEF 14, AGI 14, EVA 12

Perks:
    Devil’s silver tongue Focus Perk:
    [Relationships increase faster, up to a certain point. Influencing NPCs to see your point of view or to do things for you is easier, and penalties for having negative relationships are slightly reduced. Your lies are more effective, and it is hard for them to be seen through]

Diehard:
    [Level 1 Wounds can be ignored. Bleeding damaged reduced by 1. If HP reaches 0, you can keep going for 2 turns, but will die if not treated afterwards. If hit once again during such a state, will die.]

Combat Training:
    [When fighting with fists or brass knuckles, STR goes up by 2. When using firearms, precision roll difficulty goes down by 1. When using a sword or a knife, +2 STR is added on top of the normal bonus, and chances to cause level 1 bleeding are augmented.]
    Last edited by Vritra; February 4th, 2014 at 12:13 AM.

Adam Baumer

"Too slow, meathead!" Without hesitation, Adam takes off ahead of Lizbeth before she finishes her sentence. He knew that she could easily outstrip him so Adam took a head start. As much as he disliked her, Lizbeth was better company than the zombies behind them.

...Were her boobs always that big? Adam thought as the two of them ran down the hallway.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Dylan Rory McNeill
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Classroom – ???)
    Turn 4: Dylan Rory McNeill vs Green Slime

“This guy talks weird!”
    “That he does.”
    “It is sort of interesting.”
    “Should we help him, then?”
    “Yes. Let’s help him!”

At that moment, you saw something weird. From the side of the ghost… another ghost appeared. It… was the same as the girl it had sprouted from, except it was smaller, and had a different hairstyle.

“Let’s do this!”

From the new ghost, which seemed to be the source of the other, more strange voice, pale white flames appeared and rained down into the slime. You felt extremely weird when this happened, as if something was changing within you.

Battle Calculation

Ghostfire’s Speed
    -25 (Ghostfire’s SPD) > 12 (Green Slime’s EVA)
    ???’s Attack
    -26 (???’s SPI) – 5 (Green Slime’s DEF) = 21 damage

The slime screamed as the pale flames hit it and lit its body on fire, the flames covering it whole. It now looked like a moving white fireball more than a green slime.

Letting out a pained, horrible screech that sounded like a monstrous roar, it unleashed its whips in the direction of the ghost girls, who just cackled as the attack passed harmlessly through them, relentlessly mocking their prey. Meanwhile, you felt the acid of the slimy projectile it had shot at you before burning at your chest, causing a slight pain to flare up.

Dylan has taken 5 damage

However, you barely took note of it. You were busy experimenting something that you had never experimented before. When the girl had used her power near you, a strange feeling had invaded you, and now information was ramming its way through your brain, information telling you things about you that you never knew.

You weren’t the type that did things alone…

That much was true.

Your spirit blazed.

In this very moment of hope, in this very moment of salvation… you changed. You evolved.

And surpassed humanity.

You have become an Enhanced Human
    Stat cap is now 40
    Spiritual Power Awakened

Wise up!

Name: ???
    Race: Undead?
    Attributes: Ethereal, other attributes unknown.
    Spiritual Rank: ???

Stats:

SPI: 26

Perks:

Ghostfire
    Generation and manipulation of white ethereal flames capable of affecting not only the realm of the physical, but the realm of the immaterial. Meant for absolute annihilation of all living things.
    [Ghostfire – Spiritual ability. Creates Ethereal flames that deal damage equal to the caster’s SPI. Can light targets in fire and deal SPI x0.5 damage for 2 turns afterwards. Speed 25. Costs 10 SP]
    Last edited by RacingeR; February 4th, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Marissa Eren
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN- Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway - ?? Floor)
    Time: Day 1 - Afternoon

Shaking...

Shaking...

Shaking...

I'm not sure who, but someone is shaking me. My senses willingly immersed in the darkness, I can't help but feel at peace save for this sensation. It's unpleasant... To know that someone is moving you... To feel their hands stirring your body... and not even being able to see their face... It's an invasion of space. It's the worst kind of feeling... Someone is violating me while I'm trying to sleep.

If this person didn't exist, this false oblivion would be perfect for me. Outside of this world, there are only things that'll hurt me. So I don't wanna go back... I wanna stay here where I'm the only one that matters... If I don't let that person in, there's no chance for them to bring me any pain.

But they won't stop... No matter how much I protest, they just won't stop. The more I try to ignore them, they louder they get. Consciously seeking to disturb me even further, more strength is poured into their arms as they rock my body from side to side. Vigorously, almost violently, it's clear now that this person won't stop until they get some kind of reaction out of me. A reaction to their liking...

My sweet oblivion crumbles. Solace in nothing is lost.

Sick of this feeling, I just decide to give in. Reluctantly drifting back to the waking world, I open my eyes to view it through a hazy lens; however, when I do, I can't help but wonder if I'm still dreaming. These walls are unfamiliar. This ceiling is unfamiliar. The lights are unfamiliar and the floor is as well... Everything about this place is unfamiliar to me. So what other option do I have than to acknowledge this as a dream?

“Mari, are you alright? Can you move?”
    Even still, there's something strange about this dream. There's a person here, dead in the middle of my solitude. What's more, even among this strange, alien scenery, her's is a face that I recognize. She's the president of my after-school club, Rowina...

Though I've never made it an effort to talk to people much, she calls my name with concern... 'Mari', my nickname... Something most people aren't even aware of.

With the girl looking me right in the eye, I quickly scoot back and break eye contact. Though some have told me it's a bit rude, it's a natural reaction of mine. And one I'm comfortable with...

"Uhm... y-yeah..." Unsure of how to deal with this, another nervous tick of mine kicks in and I'm soon holding one arm with the other, "I think so..."
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Washington Irving

[/quote]You heard the sound of its left wing breaking, and judging from the blood that surged from its newly opened wound, it had suffered an huge amount of damage. Its body had been sent skidding towards the border of the roof, but it stopped, and quickly recovered. It probably would be unable to fly, but its beak opened and closed menacingly, indication that it was well ready to keep fighting despite the odds.[/quote]

The larger bird alighted, stalking the downed crow from the ground. The crow scrabbled to its feet, glaring as it spread its wings, the left side cracked and hanging uselessly. A final stand. Small Government approached.

Crow lunged, cawing ferociously and Small Government punched it in the chest and it fell off the roof backwards flopping hopelessly.

“You… you are… Small Government?” The pink-haired girl suddenly asked you, staring with hey eyes wide open as if she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.
    The bird in question twitched, wondering if the coagulating blood on his feathers was going to be a problem, and then got to talking anyways.

As much as a bird could talk. His beak opened and closed with seemingly no relation to the words coming out of it, but come they did, in a deep chocolate-smooth grandfatherly bass that was the wet dream of girls with daddy issues. "Yes, Rob did call me that; although, some found it rather offensive, so 'officially' I'm Washington Irving. Personally I find that rather insulting: I'm clearly a real bird, implying that I'm a fake bird is some slander against me and my people, but oh well. I suppose that's courtesy nowadays."

He made to scratch at one of his wounds with his beak before he realized that was probably unhygenic.

"But yes, your favorite eagle I am, young lady. I must say though, you should probably cover up. It is supposed to be rather cold up here, and it's likely not going to be pleasant for you to be walking around in that shirt when it starts snowing. Awful spat we're in, here. I can get back across the border easily enough but we're going to have to get in touch with the embassy to get you back your passport and hooo boy." He shook his head. "The 'federal' 'government.'"
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin
    HP:39/ SP: 125/ Self: 90

...Looked like it was over.

The sound of breaking glass fading from my ears as I pulled away from the other side, I stare in silence for a moment at the two cadavers.

...I feel ill.

While the smell of blood had never left the area, looking at the splatters on the ground, splatters that I had just caused, brought an uncomfortable feeling to my stomach. Looking at them closer now, as I put one hand over my mouth in an effort to not get sick, I realize for perhaps the first time, that these were my fellow students.

"...I'm really sorry..."

Why did all of this have to happen? What the hell happened to them? Why were they trying to kill me? Why did I just spontaneously develop super powers?

I don't have the answer to any of these questions, but I did know that two people were waiting for me, so I didn't have any more time to waste here.

"...Whoever... Whatever did all this to us... I'll make them pay, I promise."

Walking past the two bodies, I refuse to look at them again.

They had not been alive.

Mere imitations of the people they had used to be...

"...So please rest now."

Eyes tearing up, I wipe them with the sleeve of my jacket, before starting back down the hallway at a sprint.

Just a little bit longer, guys.

I'll be back soon.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Masaki Taichi

It seems moving away from our previous location has been a good idea. In doing so, we've avoided being surrounded by a larger group of zombies whose numbers my fingers cannot count. And, even so, our situation remains desperate. With Kaitlin and I taking another hit each, the tables are once more turned against us. My injuries do not seem to be severe, but I have no way of telling how badly hurt the President is. Seeing her panting like this makes me think that she is close to her limit, if not past it already... However, at the same time, the fact that she has not yet given up allows me to keep fighting as well. We can't afford to fall now... For Tomomi, Rumiko and the others... And for our own survival... We have to keep going...!

"Then we'll have to go upstairs...! Hurry, President-!"

Seeing as the undead closest to us still have to recover, we'll use that as our advantage and move as far from them as we can manage. I am not worried about the prospect of being unable to go downstairs, after all Zeus possesses several sets of stairs. I just have to find one that isn't blocked like this. If worse comes to worst and all of them are sealed, I'll just find another way down myself. I am sure I can come up with a reckless idea or two.

"Keep going, President..." Encouraging Kaitlin to go all the way up, I instead choose to stop at the landing, quickly turning around to face my pursuers. I intend to do my best to get them off our tails. How I am going to do that should be a no-brainer. "I'll catch up with you in a sec."

Currently, not only do I have better footing than my opponents, I also have higher ground. Attacking areas like the neck or the head require less precision and effort, as the bokken is naturally aligned with them. In other words, I hold the advantage here... Whether they take a hit or manage to dodge doesn't matter... They'll fall. Even if somehow my plan ends up as a failure, there might be something in the upper floor that Kaitlin could use to stall our attackers as well. Worst case scenario, she should at least be able to escape during that window of time. That is, assuming the situation is not the same on the upper floor...

Without putting any more thought into tragic scenarios, I swing the bokken with all the strength I can muster before the zombies can lay another hand on me... The result a horizontal slash meant to cover as much area and knock down as many enemies as it possibly can without throwing me off balance. Hopefully, this will serve to turn the tables in our favor...
    Last edited by hero; February 4th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice

Johnny whistled appreciatively as he began to run down the hallway, picking up speed as he caught up to the man, "Nice shootin' there Tex! I almost bit it harder then a kid who doesn't know the answers on a math test!"

He paused for a moment as they ran, before finally venturing a question. "Where we running to anyways?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Lacie

“Oh? Not bad girl, not bad at all. I guess I cannot call these answers completely correct, but you have a better brain than most of the scum here.”
    It's gaze suddenly locks onto mine, red eyes pinning me to the floor. I listen to the creature, unable to speak as it talks, it's words carrying an inhuman weight to them that told me it was being serious.

“So… I have a proposal for you. You see, I was just here doing my thing, all was normal in the world, and then a fucking building fell from the sky on top of me. I… survived it, but I have been weakened and reduced to the form you see here. I don’t really have all that much left to stay in this world either, maybe three or four hours at most.”

“Make a contract with me. I’ll awaken the powers stored inside your soul, and help you survive. And in exchange, you’ll anchor me to the world, and help me survive until I can recover enough. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. Deal?”

Max won't like this. But, whatever powers I have, whatever things happen here, I want to survive. I need to survive. And I'll do anything to achieve that goal.

"Deal."
    Last edited by Mooncake; April 25th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones

"Hah..." Perhaps it was the strain of running, the idea that he'd almost lost to his clumsy chemistry teacher in a race, or the fact that said teacher was now little more than a pile of ashes. Whatever the reason, Jordan couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong here. He sank to one knee, grabbing a fistful of Ms. Larry's ashes in one hand and looking blankly at them for a moment, trying to put his feelings to words.

"Sorry," he said eventually. "Rest in peace, I guess. Try not to be so uptight in the next life."

The ashes fell to the ground. The remains of what was someone that Jordan had seen, talked to, and argued with, scattered.

The boy wiped his hand on his pants as he straightened, observing the damage to the hall that had come from... well, from whatever it was that Zeta had done. "Thanks," he called out while trying to catch his breath. "That's another one I owe ya!"

A tile fell from the ceiling, cracking against the charred floor. "Ugh..." Jordan gulped. "Scary..." Even if she wasn't his opponent, Zeta was much more frightening than a few zombies had been. He had no doubts that the bolt of lightning would've done the exact same thing to him that it had to Ms. Larry. And that monotone... it kinda reminded him of a few people back at Zeus.

He looked back to the portal, and said. "Are you some kind of wizard or something? Cus that was pretty rad."

Blog Entries
    Adam Baumer

Just as you suspected, it did not take much time for Liz to catch up with you, and together you ran away for a good trek of hallways, until you were sure no zombie was following you.

Finally stopping in an intersection between two hallways, you took some time to recover your breath. You couldn’t feel anything nearby, neither friendly or unfriendly, and it seemed you were safe at the moment.

“Hey!” Lizbeth recovered in mere instants, and planted herself in front of you. “Gimme yer jacket! I don’t wanna give a free show to every guy we come across!”

Not that she seemed very embarrassed about her current state either, seeing as she was using one of her leftover cloths to clean herself up from the blood that covered her.

“I need a freaking shower…”

Marissa Eren

Rowina smiles kindly, seemingly not caring about your odd reactions. “That is good. We are in such a strange place, after all…” she looked towards your surroundings, the strange hallway that definitely was from Zeus High, yet you couldn’t recall ever seeing. It was strange, alien, and definitely disturbing. Like feeling something absurdly weird in something that should be familiar and safe.

Your club president got up from the floor, dusting herself before extending a hand towards, trying to appear reassuring despite she probably being as unsettled as you were. However, something happened, something that rendered all actions and thoughts before completely meaningless.

First, you noticed an horrible, foul odor violating your nostrils, and Rowina must have noticed it too, judging from her expression. Then, a strange noise was heard, and both of you turned to look towards a door you hadn’t noticed before, half-hidden in the darkness. Then, the noise repeats, and the wooden door falls over, shattered.

And something emerges from there, something so horrible and abominable that all hopes of this all being a dream are completely and utterly shattered, something that forces Rowina to let out a scream.

It is humanoid, with pale, rotten skin. It’s figure is thin and wiry, strange muscles bulging below the skin, each movement making the sores covering it from heads to toe even more evident. The figure stands up completely, and you can see that it is at the very least three meters and half, taller than any human would ever be. Its misshapen arms end in equally deform, long and sharp claws, while its feet seem to lack fingers… or at least any space between them.

Then, the figure turns around, and the terror you are feeling multiplies, as the abominable teal light reveals that the thing has no face. Where eyes, nose and ears should be, there is only white, featureless skin. The only thing it has, as a parody of a normal face, is a big, terrible maw, with rows of triangular sharp teeth like those of a shark, covered in something red.

Encountered Faceless One

Despite Rowina’s scream, the monster does not seem to notice you, nor know of your presence. Its attitude does not seem aggressive, for now… although it could change in an instant. And what those claws and teeth could do to an human being… was easy to imagine.

Wise up!

Name: Faceless One
    Attributes: Unliving
    Spiritual Rank: -3

Perks:

Abominable One
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be a living being is able to terrify even the most valiant of creatures, as is the now eldritch appearance it has acquired, reducing all enemies stats by two, and augmenting the difficulty of combat rolls against it by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them.

Washington Irving
    Turn 4: Washington Irving vs Mutated Canadians

“Eh… passports? Embassy…?” the girl seemed to be going cross-eyed at your words, which were probably adding to the confusion she had been feeling before, caused by the sudden transportation you had experimented. Interestingly enough, now that the battle was over, you were feeling your memories coming back, maybe as your brain had become accustomed to the new changes suffered in your body. You knew who the girl was now.

Ludmilla Selee’s fame as the school’s ‘slut’ was something undeniable, even if you were sure people that weren’t out for a fight did not mention that particular moniker in front of her. You remembered chasing off some kid who had been about to hit her after being rejected once.

“I- I don’t think we are in another country… um… Mr. Irving.” It seemed that the girl had no idea of how to talk to you, and probably felt awkward after you had saved her life. She also pointed at the sky, as if trying to use it as a proof for her ‘not another country’ theory. “It looks more like… err… I have no idea… another world?” She shrugged, and apparently gave up on thinking about it.

“In any case, we should at least get you to the infirmary. Those wounds don’t look very good.”

Rika Griffin

You ran without stop, hallway after hallway, trying to search for anything you recognized. The fifth floor seemed to be pretty straightforward, a big series of hallways crossing most of it, with more narrow hallways sprouting up from the main branch. Passing through one of them, you detected a very foul odor, and for a moment you thought you heard a faint scream. However, you were unable to ascertain it, and continued forward until you reached a part of the hallway that seemed familiar.

It had received a lot of damage during… whatever had happened to the school, and a lot of debris could be seen here and there. However, for you such thing couldn’t even be called an obstacle, and you blazed through it without even slowing down, jumping from debris to debris with the agility of a monkey. You kept running further…

And finally penetrated through a door, and saw something that made your skin crawl with horror. It was a wide room, covered in blood and cadavers. Near you, to the south, there was a living blob of green, viscous matter busy devouring the corpse of a teacher, and you could see five or six zombies getting up from the floor, five boys and one girl. You also saw two boy zombies and one girl zombie moving towards… the stairwell you had been searching for. You could see a (living) boy and a girl with striking red-hair in the stairs, preparing to fend the zombies off.

You would have to go through all of this somehow to get to the sixth floor…

Masaki Taichi & Rika Griffin

You made a slight miscalculation. From the very beginning, Kaitlin had not been the kind of person that would leave you alone, and the moment you turned back, assuring her you would catch up in a second. However, she did not buy it, and immediately came back with you.

It was too late to protest as the three left-over zombies moved towards you, attempting to chew, claw and just plain-old murder you.

You were the closest, and the girl zombie, which was the fastest, tried to assault you, only to be brutally interrupted by Kaitlin’s attack.

Battle Calculation

Kaitlin’s Speed
    -21 (Kaitlin’s AGI) > 15 (Decayed Being [G]’s EVA)
    Kaitlin’s Attack
    -24 (Kaitlin’s STR) – 5 (Decayed Being [G]’s DEF) = 19 damage

Her arms became separate from her body, spurting nearly dried blood, as the club president’s swing cut through them and cleaved through her chest, killing her in a single move. She fell backwards, hitting one of the boys in the face and pushing him down again. The one who attacked you this time was the one you had wounded before, but you executed a single swing against it, aiming for its ribs.

Battle Calculation

Taichi’s Speed
    -19 (Taichi’s AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    Taichi’s Attack
    -20 (Taichi’s STR) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 12 damage

The corpse’s ribs imploded under the force of your hit, the sound of bones shattering apart reaching your ears, and the boy was pushed away from you, falling from the stays due to the strength of the impact, and crashing hard against the floor.

Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy) received 2 damage due to the fall

However… at that moment, you saw a white-haired girl enter the room through the other door, unnoticed by the slime nearby…

Johnny Justice

“Just follow me, kid.” The man muttered as he started running at incredible velocity, with you barely even managing to keep up with him. Whoever he was, he was highly trained in physical matters, because you were sure his speed could have given Mr. Anderson’s corpse a run for its money.

You quickly moved in to another hallways, and paused slightly, as you beheld what seemed like an authentic field of debris. You were sure that big sections of the ceiling had fallen down during… whatever had happened, at least. The suited man did not even paused as he plunged into the field of debris, and you followed him, your pace slowing down as you weaved through the broken tiles, and fallen down pieces of masonry and bricks.

It took some minutes, but you made it beyond the field of debris, and looked back only to see that Anderson had managed to reach the beginning of the debris… and despite its insane speed, was having an absurd amount of trouble at trying to go through it, even falling down a pair of times while trying to crawl through it.

The man did not even bother shooting it, as if he seemed to think it wasn’t worth his time. Detecting your stare, he just shrugged. “Yeah, I dunno. Them zombies are retardedly fast but they can’t go through obstacles very well. Just ignore it and it’ll go away.”

He seemed to think for a moment, then turned towards you. “Hey kid, have you seen another kid named Adam Baumer? Big dude, has a stupid hairdo, lineman of the football team, son of the president. Unmistakable to the view, if ya know what I mean.”

Lacie

“Very well then. Let’s not lose time, girl.”

Before you could even react, the Goblin jumped and landed atop your head. It placed its hands on you, being very careful to not damage you with its long claws. You heard it whisper something, and you felt extremely strange. It was like something was happening to your body and soul, something unlike anything you had experienced before.

Information. Information penetrated through your brain like a tidal wave, telling you about your power and your real capabilities. About the thing you had just obtained, borne from the distortion in your soul.

Your spirit blazed.

In this very moment of hope, in this very moment of salvation… you changed. You evolved.

And surpassed humanity.

You have become an Enhanced Human
    Stat cap is now 40
    Spiritual Power Awakened

“Ah… this is much better” You vaguely heard the Goblin mutter, this time its voice sounding much more human-like, without the weird and creepy acute tone it had before. Its form also seemed to have lost some of its defined shape, for what little of it you could see of the thing standing in your head. It was almost weightless, that was for sure, but it was still strange.

You also felt a very weak… bond… link with the creature. As if your soul was connected to his somehow. It was also another strange feeling to add to all the strangeness you had experienced in these seconds.

“Hm, it will take a bit to strengthen… well then, girl. What will we do now? I have no knowledge of where your living kin, if there is any, are around, but I am guessing you are gonna be searching for them now, right?”

Jordan J. Jones

Zeta looked at you without changing her expression for what felt like a good two minutes. Finally, she slowly pointed at the hat she was wearing, and answered in a complete monotone.

“Witch.”

quotes

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones

"Witch, wizard, magical girl, whatever. You wave your wand and stuff blows up!" Grinning now, Jordan was beginning to imagine all the potential of his new situation. Yeah, he was basically either in dreamland or another world, but that world had magic! Even someone like him who rarely thought about ridiculous things could see how awesome that could be. "I mean, where I come from, that's some crazy shit!"

Despite his barely repressed fear, Jordan found himself relaxing, finally able to feel at least somewhat safe. He spent the next minute just breathing and collecting himself, calming down and running through everything that had just happened. He hoped that most of the students had made it out.

He looked up at Zeta again, trying unsuccessfully to get a read on her. It was kind of weird. Normally he could tell what people were thinking and say whatever needed to be said to get on their good sides, but she was like a brick wall. Well, at least she didn't look like she was a thousand years old. Hooray for small blessings.

Finally, Jordan settled for voicing his thoughts.

"...hey, if you're a witch, does that mean you can do stuff like turn into a cat and fly on a broom?"

Adam Baumer

"What's wrong? 'fraid they might not like what they see?" Adam mocked, taking off his jacket. He holds the slightly damaged uniform jacket out to Lizbeth, but as she reaches out for it...

"Whoops," Adam quips as he pulls it back.

"Whoops."

"Whoops."

Each quip causes Lizbeth to jump for Adam's jacket. He holds the jacket high above his head as the girl jumps for it, laughing a bit. He needed something to cool down with and this would have to do.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand

“If you win, I leave. If you lose, I just kill you both in the most horrible way I can think of. And you better not make the gamble with shit I cannot touch, asshole.”
    "Don't worry. I'm not some cheat." The firm, unwavering eyes Cyrus met the ghost with told no lies. This would certainly be a fair match. Though not above taking advantage of sleight of hand or stacked odds when he needed to, Cyrus felt no desire, nor need, to tarnish his first deathmatch gamble with cheap tricks. Whether by crawling, climbing, leaping or sprinting, win or lose, Cyrus would leave this deadly game up to his oldest friend, Lady Luck.

"Since cards are out..." Cyrus pocketed the deck, and in its place brought his empty hand up to face level, tightening it into a fist as he spoke. It was only fitting, Cyrus thought, for his first life wagering gamble to be decided by this simple game, a game so simple that the young man had already mastered it at the age of 6. The game that taught Cyrus the fun of gambling. "We'll play with these."

Cyrus' favorite game.

A pair of blank eyes looked on from behind that tightened fist, locked into the crazed eyes of the vengeful ghost. There was nothing to be understood in those eyes. The fear from the ghost's previous display of power had vanished into nothing, taking even the constant intensity of Cyrus' stare with it. All that remained was a void, staring directly into the ghost's ethereal eyes with a ferocity that could rip a hole right through her.

"Rock paper scissors. One round. We throw on shoot."

zawa zawa
    The Madness of the Gamble:
    [When in midst of a bet, you become completely unreadable for the enemy: only high level analyst skills will be able to pierce through your facade, and even then, their effectiveness is reduced. Predicting your actions also becomes harder]
    Last edited by Spinach; February 5th, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 2nd Floor)
    Turn 3: Cyrus & Cecily vs Ghost

Your body tensed as you brought your hand up. You could feel the gaze of the ghost, trying to evaluate you in vain, impeded both by who you were, and her own madness raging in what was left of her mind.

She slowly brought her hand up, and the game started.

“Rock!”

“Paper!”

“SCISSORS!”

Roll

Difficulty for win: 12
    Difficulty for tie: 8
    Roll: 17
    Success!

The girl had brought rock. You had brought paper.

It was your win. You had won fair and square, just helped by your luck, and your ability to read your opponent’s movements. You had seen just at the last moment when the girl changed her paper to rock, and had managed to change your own hand at the right time. The result was, definitely, your win.

At the moment, your senses sounded like an alarm in your head. The situation was dangerous and very precarious, there was nothing telling you that the ghost would keep her promise, and she seemed to be incredibly pissed off with the result.

“Okay. I’ll leave.”

You could read no lie in her. That was a relief.

“With your life!”

Oh.

The pale flames surrounding the figure of the ghost increased in intensity, making you shiver as you backed down. And then, many things happened at the same time. First, upon seeing the ghost had decided to attack you, Cecily jumped incredibly high, and kicked at her with all her strength. Of course, the attack went through, not damaging the ghost, but it accomplished something, distracting her, and buying time.

“YOU BITCH!” the ghost screamed, and prepared to drop a stream of flames on Cecily, only to be interrupted again, this time by a detonation that sounded like that of a gun.

Battle calculation

???’s Speed
    -35 (Projectile’s SPD) > 18 (Decayed Soul [HS]’s EVA)
    Bullet’s Attack
    -30 + 10 (Projectile’s ATK + Sidearms Expertise) – 10 (Decayed Soul [HS]’s SDEF) = 30 damage
    Sneak Attack. 30 x 1.5 = 45 damage

You saw what seemed a ghostly pale bullet slam in the back of the girl, and make its way through her whole body, finally ripping through her chest with a grotesque sound. The front of the girl’s torso seemed to explode forwards in a burst of pale blood, that fell over the both of you, and went through your bodies.

The girl’s… ‘body’ of sorts had been critically damaged, and her scream of pain was so human that it made you want to cover your ears. However, her expression just became twisted with profound fury as she turned back and gazed towards the other side of the courtyard

“YOU AGAIN? THIS TIME I WILL BURN YOU TO ASHES, BIIIIITCH!” and with these words, and launching streams of flame everywhere, the ghost disappeared completely from your view.

"I AM NOT A BITCH!" Cecily screamed back, even though there was nobody to hear her.

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Soul (Human Student)
    Attributes: Unliving, Ethereal

Stats:

STR: 0
    DEF: 0
    SPI: 25
    SDEF: 10
    AGI: 18
    EVA: 18

Perks:

What before used to posses a body of flesh and bone, now possesses an ethereal imitation of what once was. Due to lacking existence in the physical plane, this new body generated by the decayed soul is completely unreachable by physical attacks, and only magical or spiritual attacks will be able to damage it.

Terrorize

Ghostfire
    [Ghostfire – Spiritual ability. Creates Ethereal flames that deal damage equal to the caster’s SPI. Can light targets in fire and deal SPI x0.5 damage for 2 turns afterwards. Speed 25. Costs 10 SP]

Teleportation
    Spatial warping magic. Allows to teleport anywhere within sight. Costs 15 SP. Can be prepared to avoid an oncoming attack, but can’t be used to counter.

All enemy’s Stats revealed

-------------------------------------------------

Name: Cecily Ridley
    Race: Human
    Attributes: Human, Unbound
    Spiritual Rank: 1

Stats:

STR: 18
    AGI: 20

Perks:

(Focus) Street Fighter
    Experienced at fighting and surviving the streets. The ability to fight with one’s own style that excels when going against many opponents, and knowledge of how to survive armed enemies due to previous experience.
    [For each enemy present, +1 to STR and DEF until a maximum of +5. When fighting barehanded against an armed enemy, the enemy suffers a reduction of 2 in all its physical stats. Other effects unknown]

Kick Boost
    Expertise at using kicks when fighting an enemy. When kicking, Cecily’s ATK goes up by 3, and she has -1 difficulty to rolls to cause critical damage.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Masaki Tomomi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 3rd Floor)

When the light had proven to just be another person, Tomomi had felt relieved. But when the light had revealed Gennadiya's harshly wounded brother, the breath had left her throat. Seeing him collapse, she bent down to be level with his height. Her eyes were drawn towards his dislocated arm.

"L-Lavrenti, what happened to you!?" Tomomi's eyes were wide as she looked at the football team captain's condition. If someone as strong as him had gotten this badly injured, then... What would happen to them? "Did... Did a monster attack you too?"

Tomomi glanced back at Shinoko, and her expression wavered. She should've expected that they would only find more danger by running- Something as foolish as getting to safety when the first thing they encounter is a monster was simply not likely at all.

Even so- At least they had found another person. One that was even alive.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay