Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 276772757677787982 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1648

Thread: Titanomachy (IC)

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN - Field of Ruins (Skeletal Skyscrapers)
    Time: Day 4 – Afternoon

Johnny had been absorbed in putting his newly found arm on his arm, distracted from the actual going-ons of Fangs' commentary. Then, he barked out a laugh.

"Threat? Fangs, we're more then just a threat. Threats are for people with no power to back it up, see? There ain't no mid-fry in this gang of hoogilans. We go mano-y-mano with the best of the best! Takin' on bullshit rebounders, boring gamblers, an' crazy psychos with whatever we goddamn please!"

A grin came over his face, as he wrapped his arms around Cyrus and Rosary. "See, we're just a couple'a crooks lookin' for good times and good fights! Ain't nothing like a good fight to get your blood rumbling, and makin' friends while ya do it is just a bonus!"

He laughed, a long and loud thing that echoed over the remnants of the golems, as he looked at Amelie with a grin with too many teeth. "Join a crew? Get recruited? Maybe live? Fuck that. I'll take 'em all on. From the biggest of the titans to the smallest of the parasites. They're livin' on borrowed time Fangs, so you should stop pretendin' to be a mid-fry and join up with the big cheeses themselves. There's a warped, warped world out there Fangs - an' going back is lookin' like more and more of an impossibility as time goes by. Rehashing events that can't be rehashed is dull. Tryin' to move backwards when ya can't even move is boring. So let go. Mid-fry, smallfry, big-fry and all, those're just words to describe things that don't matter."

He loosed an arm from Rosary, pointing at the obelisks. "We took down golems. I spoke to a god. Cy toyed with the devil. Knowin' that there's someone else out there, who's just try'na keep the peace?" He grinned.

"Well there's nothing like a good old fashioned declaration of intent to change that. So come on Fangs. Ya wanna keep playing in the kiddy pool, or move up to the ocean?"

He blinked, then snapped his fingers. "Oh, yeah! If that doesn't persuade you, I guess nothin' will. So..." Removing his other from Cyrus, he stretched out his hand to Amelie, a winning smile on his face. "How about one date?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Crooklyn

Amelie stared wide-eyed at Johnny for a solid minute, as he kept talking and adding more and more claims. Silence fell for a moment as she just stared at him… and then, unexpectedly, she started laughing loudly, grabbing her sides.

More surprisingly, her laughter wasn’t mocking or derisive, but instead sounded truly pleased, as if Amelie’s opinion of the group had been greatly increased. She kept laughing for a while, and when she finally calmed down, she had tears on her eyes as she grinned. “Well said, well said! Hahaha, looks like you’re just as weird as the rest of your crew, aren’t you?”

Relationship with Amelie has become 1

It was easy to tell that the way the vampire looked at the group had changed. She smiled a more genuine smile. She suddenly stuck a hand on her bag and took out a blood pack. Like it was the most normal thing in the world, she brought it to her mouth and bit it, starting to drain it and not noticing the strange expression Jayden made at that gesture.

“Man, I was planning on just dumping you guys in the nearest safe spot and then charge you if you wanted more, buuut… now I feel like helping you guys a bunch free of charge.” She looked back at Johnny, sizing him up in an almost predatory way. “Hmm… can’t say your offer ain’t tempting, kid, but while I ain’t part of any of the big Survivor groups, I am in my own little crew and I’d feel like a heel if I just left like that y’know?”

“A date doesn’t sound bad, though… but you see, I like strength, and power… and right now you’re a little lacking in those fronts.” She winked at him. “Maybe if you survive long enough to become stronger I’ll be interested.”

“Anyway, you guys would benefit a lot fro-“ She suddenly stopped mid-sentence, making a strange face, as if just noticing something weird.

“Wait, back the fuck up, talked to a god, toyed with the devil… what are ya talking about?”

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice

Johnny's grin widened as she spoke, and he replied in the same way he always did - with aplomb.

"Eh? Ah, well see we were just hangin' around the school, an' there was some sort of weird godthing hangin' around? I'll be honest with ya Fangs," he looked at her seriously. "I have no idea what she was doin' there. But we challenged her to a fight, and then she regenerated like four times or somethin', so I gave my soul to a slime, and then had a friendly chat with a god. It was kinda neat, but he was a dick. I'm talkin' like, a bigger dick then even me. Anyways, we got outta there like bats out of hell, but 'fore we could, waddaya know? Cy over here," he threw his arm around Cyrus again with a grin. "Ran into some kinda weird red girl who he gambled with! He says she's borin' though."

Johnny shrugged. "There's a lotta things out there in this world that are pretty strange, Fangs! And ya can only see them all if you go lookin' for 'em!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand

"Well," Cyrus added, pulling the Red Pendant from his shirt pocket, looping the chain around his finger and giving it a twirl, "that's about how things've gone down, yeah."

Blog Entries
    Rosary Flowers

As soon as Johnny tries to put his arm around my shoulder, I have none of that shit. His arm passes through me like I’m nothing. Which isn’t a wrong statement, mind you, but right now it feels quite literal. God. Justice really needs to keep his hands to himself. If anyone tries touching me ever again I’ll—

…Whatever, it’s not worth getting worked up about.

“I got sexually assaulted,” I say, putting my hands in my pockets. I take a good look at the sky. It’s ugly. “We’ve been through way too fuckin’ much.”

Blog Entries
    Crooklyn

“Hmm, meeting UNKNOWN is rare but not quite that rare-“ She had started taking on your words coolly, but as you kept speaking, the vampire grew paler and paler as her eyes became completely wide, as if she couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

Then, when Cyrus showed off his pendant, she spat the blood she had been drinking (forcing Joaquin to roll to the side to dodge the sudden blood rain) and fell backwards, that was how massive the shock she had received was. When she got up, she was still pale, and her expression was unusually serious.

“Y-you talked with Yaldabaoth? Gambled with Red Chaos?! And… she actually APPROVED of you?? How- why- the hell-“ She seemed to become tongue-tied for a moment. “How does this even happen? Shit, you guys aren’t just weirdos, you’re super weirdos! Omega-weirdos!”

She took a deep breath, and quickly arrayed her hair, recovering some of her cool. “No wonder I felt something off from you guys… but still, you spoke with Yaldabaoth? You might uh, have accidentally doomed everyone in that school of yours.”

“What?! What do you mean by that?” Jayden stood up as she spoke, shock evident in her face.

“Yaldy really doesn’t like us humans… ah, it’s hard to explain, to be honest it’s way above me. I was about to say that it’d be beneficial for you guys to meet Quinn, but now it’d be really good for you guys to meet her, especially for the pink-head. She could tell you what your glove and your pendant do and explain shit way better than me. Plus I could teach you guys some stuff along the way. She’s part of my group and we’re camping inside one of the skyscrapers, so we’d arrive tomorrow, if you guys are up for it.” She sighed, scratching her head. “It’s been like four days right? You guys sure don’t lose your time.”

Then, she seemed to quiet down and think of something. The news regarding Yaldabaoth and Red Chaos had been shocking enough she had almost missed what Rosary said, but now she looked at her. “Was he wearing a blue jacket?” She asked, voice soft but expression bitter.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Rosary Flowers

“No, he’s just a faggot from our generation,” I say. She seems to be rather incredulous at our exploits, but you know, I guess, maybe we are that special? Not a particularly comforting thing to think about, but I’m sure Johnny is like, creaming his pants right now and his ego’s gotten two sizes bigger. Who knows what Cyrus thinks.

Right, right, she offered us a chance to meet the super-totally-not-flirty-vampire like her. Don’t think I haven’t noticed, I’ve seen enough whores in Brooklyn and Queens and Hell’s Kitchen to know ‘em all. Christ, Johnny might get his blood sucked our something.

Then again, if he—actually, on second thought, let’s not think about that. Ugh. I don’t wanna speak for the group, but, I think that meeting Quinn is the right option. After all, we don’t know shit, and they do. Even if they do have… the power advantage, we can always cheat. We’re good at cheating at least, because what self-respecting crook isn’t?

I look at Cyrus. I look at Joaquin. I look at Johnny. Their gaze marks them as subject to those who didn’t spend their entire childhood malnourished and instead had huge-ass tits. For the love of fucking God.

“I think we should come with.” The words roll off my tongue with a neutral tone. A business tone. “Anyone object?”

Answer is likely to be no, nobody objects, but can’t blame a girl for checking.

Sarah Vale
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Field of Ruins (The Stronghold of Defiance)
    Time: Day 5 – Morning
    HP: 67 / SP: 46

One last silver tipped javelin, and her trusty hunting knife.

Sarah's own reserves were running pretty low, but the thrill of the hunt was as strong as ever. This was what she lived for. This was her true life. Not one stuck behind concrete walls of boredom!

"Cmon, doggie - it's time you gave me that head!!"

A pincer attack with Jordan and the others, Sarah went for the werewolf's bloodied leg. She had been concentrating fire on lowering the werewolf's mobility with her previous attacks, and hopefully the wolf would not be able to utilize its calf muscles fast enough to dodge her attack.

[Precision: Crippling Hit]

A silver tipped javelin plunged down towards the wolf's foot. At the same time, she outstretched a hand towards the body of the wolf. Her previous spheres were gone, and this was the final devouring black hole, right inside the gut of the wolf.

"Bon appetit."

[Zero Range Dimensional Snack Used]

Blog Entries
    Crooklyn

“I’m cool with it.” Was Joaquin’s somewhat distracted answer. With this, everyone had agreed except Jayden, who was looking at Amelie with clear distrust.

“This Quinn, is she another vampire like you?” She asked, her thinking going through similar paths as Rosary’s.

“Nah, she ain’t. Vampire Survivors are pretty fucking rare, it is hard to remain ‘human’ on the first place, and usually it ain’t very good for your long term life-expectancy.” Amelie stated matter-of-factly. “There are like 2 or 3 more like me… I think? Uhh, there was Regina… and Katie, but she’s been off the grid for a long-ass time so I suspect she’s dead already.” She uttered a name familiar to Cyrus, before shrugging.

“Ahh, anyway it doesn’t matter, so what do you say, glasses?”

“… I don’t trust you.” She said.

“And you’re right in not trusting me. I don’t trust you either.” The vampire said with a sigh. “But, you seem smart enough to understand your situation, yes?”

Jayden narrowed her eyes, staring at Amelie with obvious dislike. At the end, she shrugged and gave up. “Yeah, I agree.”

“Nice, that’s settled, then.” She said happily as she stood up. “Alright, let’s talk business. We’re going towards one of those skyscrapers, and we got two routes we could take. We could go from above the ruins, which is the safer option but gives us no rest spots in the way, or we could go from below, which is riskier and will take longer, but gives us a place to rest. Personally, I recommend going from abov-“

Amelie’s words were interrupted by the sound of an explosion that came from above, which caused the air to shake and the party to nearly fall to the ground. You all looked up towards the sky as another series of explosions rang in the air, two groups of figures suddenly dancing in the sky as they attacked each other, white and black lights soaring through the air like fireworks. One group of figures had white wings and wielded silver armors and weapons, light shining from their figures as they advanced in ordered formations and engaged the other group, which sported black wings and equally black armor. This last group seemed composed by figures of various sizes, and looked like a disorderly mob as they engaged the silvery figures in mid-air, yet they seemed to be able to easily keep up with their opponents.

They were Angels… and Devils.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From between the two groups, two blazing figures accelerated like meteors, and clashed in mid-air, once again producing a massive explosion that caused the air to churn and the ground to shake. Two male voices roared as they swung their blades against each other in a mad rage, and the sound of metal impacting metal echoed as sword met sword.

The air vibrated for a moment, and then both figures stepped back, floating backwards as they stared at each other with seething enmity, murderous intent rolling around them like a red ocean.

One of them was a red-haired male Angel, with golden wings and wreathed in crimson electricity, emitting a majestic air as he floated in the air. His arms and his lower body were armored, but his torso was completely exposed, and there was something thuggish in his expression, as he sent a furious stare towards his opponent.

Encountered Archangel Haladiel

The latter had a pale blue skin that made him look sickly, green eyes, horns sprouting off his head and two black wings. He held a black sword covered in scarlet flames, and his outfit, while armored, couldn’t be called anything but extravagant. He smirked maliciously at his adversary as he spoke. “Yo, bitchboy! What’s up? Did your balls finally drop? Or did ya forget this is Devil territory?”

Encountered Low Devil Kalbres

“Devil territory?” The angel’s voice was mocking as he shrugged. “Ain’t that new? Last I was aware you guys got chased out like a bunch of pussies. What happens? Did you finally work out the courage to come back?”

“Well at least it ain’t chicken territory!” The Devil replied, causing a vein to appear in the Angel’s forehead upon hearing the word ‘chicken’. The Devil’s smirk transformed into a smile. “So scram. I ain’t got time to chase after limp-dicked roosters!”

“Haah? Your rabble is the one that should get out of my way and go back to whichever hole you crawled off from! I got things to do, places to be! No time to lose with worthless shit like you!” His expression twisted, showing his teeth savagely as his sword became wrapped in crimson lightning.

The flames in the Devil’s sword grew in intensity, and also appeared around his clenched fist. Without any more delay, the two figures flew against each other with tremendous strength, howling at each other in their rage.

““FUCK OFF!””

Another explosion caused the air to quake as if a hurricane had been formed suddenly.

And below them…

“Hahahaha!” A Devil laughed uproariously as she sliced an Angel in half with the chainsaw she wielded. Were it not for her outlandish clothing, the horns and the wings, she would be easily able to pass for a normal human girl, but there was no mistaking the cruelty that shone in her teal eyes. The Angel let out a painful cry, and then perished, transforming in nothing but ash that quickly drifted away. Her other hand held a shotgun she used to fire an endless wave of shrapnel on approaching enemies, forcing them to dodge away and steer clear from her as she continued her massacre.

“Die!” She shouted happily, hitting another Angel in the wing with her chainsaw. “Stupid flying chickens! Run away! And think twice before ever showing up before me!” She stopped momentarily to magically produce a flame, which set the cigarette in her mouth alight.

Near her floated another Devil, one who looked like a white-haired girl and wielded a strange, twisted scythe. She moved silently through the air, as other scythe-wielding figures like her shot onwards to attack the Angel formation. She herself produced an enormous spear of darkness that she threw in the air, impaling another Angel and annihilating it with ease.

Encountered Devil Ispira
    Encountered Reaper Tenya

“…” Suddenly, the Reaper’s eyes narrowed as the blade of her scythe was coated in dark mist. She swung quickly, causing a thunderclap as the weapon tore through a bullet that had been aimed at her. However, two of the other Reapers were slain, one torn apart by a bullet, and another burned into dust by a flaming arrow.

“Oh my, aren’t the two of you getting too carried away?”

Two lights rose to oppose the girls clad in darkness. One of them was the same Angel that Jordan’s group would meet in the near future, a female angel with orange hair and a flaming bow that stared at the Reaper with hate in her eyes. The other one, the one who had spoken, was a tall, red-haired female angel who wielded two guns and wore an high-exposure outfit with little to no armor.

Encountered Elite Angel Hakamiah
    Encountered Elite Angel Yasariah

“Spawns of Azrak!” Hakamiah spoke, not bothering to hide the derision in her voice. “For you to dare to intercept our sacred mission, you’ve become too bold! Worry not, your miserable lives shall meet a prompt end!”

“Oh, come on! I was just starting to have fun…” Ispira complained melodramatically as she shrugged. She looked somewhat bored as she aimed her shotgun at the red-haired angel who smiled pleasantly at her.

“My, my, my… the bats are truly starting to get bold. Shall I pluck those wings of yours as punishment?” She laughed as one of her guns started to release countless bullets of light that sent the battlefield further into chaos.

-------------------------------------------------

“Oh… I guess we’ll be going from below.” Amelie winced as the number of explosions in the air increased, and many figures fell to the ground nearby, fighting each other with fanatical frenzy.

“What, they that scary?” Joaquin idly asked, eyeing the battlefield with interest.

“Nahhh, but you see, when they see me the Devils all sort of stat awkwardly hitting on me and trying to lure me to their side, and the Angels go all ‘ABOMINATION THAT FLIES IN THE FACE OF THE LORD, STAY STILL AND BE PURIFIED BY OUR WRATH BLAH BLAH BLAH FIRES OF SINAI’… they’re both annoying as fuck.” She sulked as she idly kicked a stone.

“Well, that’s decided for us. Either way we’ll have to wade through some of the battlefield to reach the spot I’d use to descend, if we go to the lower part through here we’ll be like fish on a barrel.” She turned towards Johnny. “You’re the leader of this outfit, right? Then you should quickly decide on a formation, I’ll be one of the vanguards.”

“By the way…” Joaquin asked.

“Yes?”

“Is that redhead woman really an angel?”

There was a second of silence.

“Mine are bigger!” Said Amelie defensively, causing Jayden to sigh and facepalm.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice

"Don't worry Fangs, the state of yours and their's are perfectly equal," Johnny winked at the vampire, grinning widely. "Course, they're a tad in our way. An' being in the way of a group of loathsomes like us is just a shame for the likes of them!"

Rolling a shoulder, eyes twinkling he reached out a hand to his best friend, with a phrase on his lips that his busom buddy knew far too well -

"Hey, Cy. Gimme one of those."

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand

“One of ‘those,’ comin’ right up.” Like a waitress taking an order in absolute deadpan, the hatted gambler answered with an immediate reply.

Cyrus didn’t spare a minute asking what one of those meant. He could feel the intent in Johnny’s pitch. The slight shift in the muscles of his arm, coiled and tightening like a snake ready to lunge in for the kill. The all too insane, all too American glint in his madder than a Russian-drug-deal-gone-wrong eyes.

The gambler reached into the black backpack he had brought from the school, laying in a pile with the other light luggage. Some food, clothes, other necessities were packed up in a few different backpacks. Cyrus’ wasn’t much different, aside from the fact that there was only one change of clothes kept in there, and no food. Instead there were a few essential… tools, “of the trade,” he would call them. He’d had some ideas about the party of misfits that had gravitated together around himself and Johnny. They had some weaknesses, but a clever mind could overcome those.

The round, white, heavy and solid like a rock stitched together baseball he held in his hand was one such tool of the trade, meant to overcome that kind of weakness.

Cyrus gave it a light toss, toward Joaquin.

“Yo Aguila, can you juice that up?”

Blog Entries
    Crooklyn

“Sure.” Joaquin received the ball, and bounced it up a few times in the air before grabbing it and starting to concentrate his power on it. This time, the process seemed slower than before, but the quantity of power concentrated on it was much bigger than before.

“Not bad.” Amelie commented. She didn’t try to stop you from doing what you wanted, and instead seemed content to stay back and observe your actions. She creeped over to Craps, observing the slime closely, much to its apparent discomfort. She lifted a finger towards it and poked it. Immediately, the slime retreated, hiding behind Cyrus’ back.

“Not bad…” The vampire repeated, as if talking to herself.

Meanwhile, the situation in the battlefield shifted quickly. The two elite angels seemed to have teamed up to take on the devil with the shotgun, but they seemed afraid of coming closer to her, which made the situation come to a standstill. It was clear that the devil was stronger than either of them individually.

Two strong looking angel knights, clad in full plate armor took on the Reaper. These knights, seemingly much stronger than the normal angel warriors, were able to keep her contained, although it took them visible effort to do so.

You saw the commanders, the Archangel and Low Devil, as they kept clashing in a contest of physical might. With each clash, they seemed to go higher and higher upwards, drifting out of the reach of other combatants as they fought.

Around your group, the battle also seemed to have become more pitched, as devils and angels attacked each other without holding anything back, expressing a violent hate towards each other that you had seldom seen even in the streets of Brooklyn. The hate angels and devils had for each other was almost at the limits of sanity.

You saw an angel warrior being pursued by flying beings that were the size of Johnny’s hand, perhaps just a bit bigger. Despite their size, these ferocious beings shinned with magical light, and one of them suddenly charged forwards towards the angel, and punched a hole through its chest, passing through the warrior like a bullet.

On the other side, you saw another fully armored angel knight wielding a sword that seemed made of pure light, floating in the air as he rained destruction over the battlefield. His troops faced off against big, red horned monsters that wielded axes and charged forwards with pure physical might, using their weapons to decapitate their victims.

You saw the sight of Monsters escaping the battlefield, or at least, the smarter ones seemed to do so, having no wish to be caught in the crossfire, while the more mindless ones attacked angels and devils alike. You saw an human sized floating robot that moved through the air employing a helix, its body a square box with one gatling gun attached to each side, the Izanami brand clear in the center of its body. It screamed madly in a language you couldn’t understand as it sprayed fire over the combatants.

It was absolute and utter chaos.

And yet, Amelie didn’t seem very startled by the battle, as if it was an everyday thing. Still not interfering with your actions, she seemed to be observing and analyzing the fight. She seemed to have realized something as she made a strange face after a while.

“Alright, it’s done.” Joaquin said, and then lightly tossed the ball in the air, towards Johnny. “This one’s a special.”

“Make it a fastball!”

quotes

Blog Entries
    Masaki Taichi
    Time: Day 4 – Morning

“Hmm, why not? We could use the bokkens…” Kaitlin’s face brightens when you mention a spar, although you feel something is a little off, as if she was trying too hard to be cheerful. “No, right, they’re sharp now, that could be dangerous…”

After thinking it through for a moment, she searched around the campsite, and quickly came back with two though branches from a tree. It didn’t take long for you to finish warming up, and quickly enough, the spar started.

You had never won against her before. Ever since you had met her, you had realized she was incredibly skilled, way beyond what one would expect from her. It was not a question of strength or speed, but rather the way she seemed to connect with her weapon, as if becoming one with it, her stance flowing like the currents of a river. Simply put, she was overwhelming, and it was doubtful if she had ever lost before in a swordsmanship match.

However, now, after your experiences in this world, the gap had been closed to a surprising extent, and you were able to not only hold your own, but also to reach her quite a few times. Still, Kaitlin was someone that had been training for this since she was a small child, and had participated in many official fencing matches. The difference in experience made itself noticeable as she adopted a tactic that kept you away through thrusts and wide swings, not allowing you the space to initiate your string of attacks, and instead doing her best to force you to the defensive. The fact that you were able to force her to employ this style showed how much you had advanced in a mere four days.

“I think that if Rumiko has recovered her eyesight, we should go to the north and check what those people were talking about.” Kaitlin said as you initiated a new exchange after a short break.

Masaki Tomomi

“It existed, long ago.” The woman replied to your whisper, giggling slightly as she did so. Even her voice was beautiful and musical, and her laughter was one that would easily cheer up anyone who would hear such a sound. Yet, in a way, it seemed to contain a certain hidden sorrow, and a very noticeable ancientness. “It does not, not anymore. Your kin may know the place this tower overlooks as the Ashen Lands.”

She shook her head, and then smiled kindly at you. “Salutations, Masaki Tomomi, Crystal Maiden. I am the one who beckoned you to this dreamscape, through the tenuous connection formed by the grimoire in your possession, one I myself created. I am Nimarialaya, Scholar of Helios, one of the Great Magi. But you may call me Nim, if you wish to. Much easier that way, isn’t it?” Her voice was soft as she spoke, with no trace of arrogance as she introduced her titles.

Then, she stepped towards you. As she did so, it was as if she had split into two. Another her remained behind, in the spot she had stood into a moment before, interacting with the people in the party, seemingly not seeing or noticing you. Meanwhile, the other her stopped one step away from you and made a small curtsy.

“Welcome to my memories.”

quotes

Blog Entries
    Deus Magnus

“Is that so?” Ciara tilted her head slightly, considering the information you had just relayed. Then she nodded, as if thinking of something. “I see, so that may be why…”

She shook her head, then unsheathed her gun from its holster, showing it to you. “Part of my ability allows me to infuse spiritual energy in the bullets I fire. This gun is a special artifact as well, and when I combine it with my power it has quite the strong effect. That makes the process of taking aim and firing the bullet very slow.” She dryly, and after that short explanation, she put the gun away and followed the rest of the group outside.

Finally, you were out of the house, and the sheer difference between it and the outside was beyond shocking. It was a massive jungle as far as the eye could see, with strange, alien vegetation. The exit you had taken was very well hidden behind a truly massive amount of shrubbery that covered up the whole structure, completely hiding it from sight unless one were to stand exactly at the entrance.

The second thing that hit you was the heat. It was intense, beyond anything you had experienced before, and by merely standing there, you started to sweat. You had to take some minutes to adjust to the new conditions.

Aubrey paused for a moment, keeping an eye on everyone to make sure they had adjusted, before giving the order to advance. Immediately, everyone dispersed according to the formation and started advancing through the jungle.

From your place in the formation, you were at a bit of distance from Ciera, and you could barely see Harris moving up ahead, and Wave moving to the right. Advancing through the vegetation was much harder than you had expected, as you were not accustomed to, but using your reflexes, you were able to keep up with the group, which seemed to advance with practiced ease.

“So, I guess I should be telling you about this Area.” Ciera grumbled as she effortlessly jumped over a massive fallen tree trunk. “Alright, what do you wanna know first?”

quotes

Blog Entries
    Team Abyss

“Yes, returning to camp sounds good.” Said Nick, helping Arthur up. “No need to linger here…”

None of you were very particular about staying in this place, and you quickly evacuated the premises. The camp was intact when you returned, much to your relief, as all of you let yourselves fall near the center of the camp, too tired to do much for now.

“Daamn, I can’t say I’m being a huge fan of murderworld right now.” Nick said as he let himself fall to the ground (after making sure it wouldn’t attempt to eat him). “Anyway, I wanted to ask, just what the hell was up with that Stranger from yesterday night? Dude gave me the creeps, to be honest.”

Level ups

The group has obtained 4 EP

quotes

Blog Entries
    Team Lesbian Paradise (and Harry)
    Location: Zeus High School – School Building (6th Floor – Empty Classroom)

“You are what” Rosalin stared at Alice, blinking, not understanding anything at all. Finally, she reached towards the girl’s head, and softly tugged at her bunny ears.

“Huh, they’re real?!?” She seemed even more surprised now, her eyes widening as she quickly let go. “I guess you must be another Inhabitant… I swear, I’ll make it into a rule that if people are getting more weirdos inside they should at least report to us they’re doing so, this is one hell of a security risk…” She started grumbling towards herself, rubbing her eyes in a very tired gesture.

“I don’t mind stepping down as a leader, if Rika wants to take that position…” Lara scratched her head, somewhat awkwardly.

“I really don’t mind if it is either of you.” Bryanna added.

“Well, then it is up to you guys to decide, I guess.” Rosalin sighed, and continued with a less dry tone. “I mean it when I say that whoever takes charge is going to need to keep a clear head, cause if you guys go in all swinging without some sort of plan, you’re going to get fucked. And… I doubt they’ll kill you, but it is Zhong and her gang of fuck ups, whatever they end up doing to you if they get your hands on you isn’t going to be pretty.”

There was a moment of silence in that part of the room as everyone considered the implications of what she had said. That allowed Lara to notice when Eilian was making her exit, and she took some steps towards her, looking half awkward and half decided. “Uhm… miss Aubrey… I know I can’t ask you to risk your well-being, and I totally understand that you don’t want to participate on this… but still, I’d like to ask… to request for your help in rescuing my friend.”

quotes

Blog Entries
    Crooklyn

Johnny grabbed the ball with a grin. "There's only one kinda special that we need here, and it's a fastball special!" Throwing the ball up and down, Johnny rotated his arm. "Let's see, here... There's a couple of 'em down there, but that won't stop me! Right down the center straight, three strikes, you're outta here! There's nothin' in this whole wide world that can compete with us, right?"

Throwing the ball high up in the air, Johnny pulled his arm back.

[Godhand: Activated.]

"HEY ASSHOLES! GOT SOMETHIN' FOR YA!"

As the ball came down, with a mad laugh, Johnny smashed his fist into it, sending it straight at the red-headed angel with all the force he could pack into a single punch. The ball hurled through the air, picking up velocity and speed, going faster, and faster, a red-hot fire streaking through the air.

"Well then, come on gang! There's only one direction that we can go through, and it's right down the middle! We've got a home run in the making, and it'd be rude of us to not let them even get a chance to tag us out!"

Johnny stood on the edge of a cliff, an arm covered in metal shining with energy, grinning like a demon.

"Demons? Angels? Fuck them both. We'll take them all on! If it's a fight they want, then it's a fight they'll get! I'll rip them all to shreds! Not 'cause they're evil, or good, or any of that asinine horseshittery, but 'cause of the obvious - they're in my goddamn way!"

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Team Baka
    Turn 6

Lycao had always been the hunter.

Since uncountable eons, it had prowled the warped world hunting as it pleased. Few times had his prey dared to do anything but run and try its hardest to survive. Very few times had this absolute tyrant been challenged. It’s fighting style was too overwhelming, his use of the terrain too masterful even for enemies faster than him. The great father of the lycanthropes, even after having been deeply weakened by the wear and tear of uncountable battles, his prowess had been enough to corner even Patrick Wilson and Millia Ellie, two of the strongest Survivors ever. Only a literal miracle had saved them from him.

And thus, Lycao had never, ever expected that one day a group of completely fresh newbies, babies that had barely even been five days into this world, that had barely started to develop their powers, would dare to actually stand their ground and fight him, and that they would push him this much. He simply had never expected that the day would come that he would be the one trapped, that the day would come that the hunter would become the hunted.

Defeating Adam Baumer was not as simple as most people thought. It was one thing to push him back, to actually get past him in the line. It was rare for that to happen, but it happened once in a while. Yet, what made the lineman a complete terror that almost nobody managed to defeat was the fact that once pushed back, he would immediately stand up and counter-attack. And thus, Lycao was unable to predict that suddenly, the lineman would roar, and its massive weight would suddenly press on it from above. It did not matter how much stronger and bigger Lycao was… in this position, Adam held enough advantage to contain it if for the briefest of moments.

Enough for the monster to be caught up in the tidal wave of attacks.

The first to arrive was the human missile, Jordan J. Jones. He had no training in fencing or swordsmanship, he knew not how to use his blade, but he did not need to, as he fell down towards the monster at nearly supersonic speeds, a downwards thrust directed towards the core of the monster’s body.

Precision Roll

Difficulty = 16
    Roll = 5
    Precision failed.

Battle Calculation

Jordan’s attack.
    85 (Jordan’s STR+bonuses x1.5) – 20 (Lycao’s DEF) = 65 – 10 (AV) = 55 damage.

Lycao’s Wrath +55

Only one other Survivor had ever struck such a blow to the might of Lycao, Father of Lycanthropes and first of the Therianthropes. Only once before had it been challenged in such a way, and only once before it had received such a crippling wound. This was the second time ever that a human had been able to wound it such.

All it was able to do was to twist its body to better receive the incoming blow, to avoid being torn in twain by the descending beast-slaying blade. And still, held by Adam Baumer, it was unable to avoid the attack that tore an immense vertical gash through the whole of its left side, barely failing to reach its heart. A wave of blood rushed out of the opened wound, splattering all over the combatants as they rushed towards Lycao.

It barely had any time to howl before Sarah’s attack reached it.

Precision Roll

Difficulty = 16
    Roll = 2
    Precision failed.

Battle calculation

Sarah’s attack:
    -46 (Sarah’s STR + AV) – 20 (Lycao’s DEF) = 26 damage.

Lycao’s Wrath +26

Once again, the werewolf was able to shift its position to avoid a crippling wound, but it couldn’t repress a shudder of pain as the silver practically burned through its calf. Its leg was so wounded now that it was barely holding under the continuous damage it had received. And timed just after the spear attack, a point blank range black hole was launched towards the monster...

That was when Sarah noticed something. She looked upwards, and saw the gaze of Lycao, its eyes completely bloodshot, crisscrossed by veins… yet, they were impossible focused, practically narrowed in concentration… those weren’t the eyes of a beast about to die… those were the eyes of an ultimate tyrant about to unleash its wrath.

It happened too fast for anyone to react. While it was true that this chain of attacks, this chain of events had been completely outside of Lycao’s expectation, it was still an experienced hunter that had dragged itself through a thousand battles, a thousand hunts. It was still intelligent, perhaps the most intelligent Monster they had ever come across until now, and it already had an idea of Sarah’s capabilities. Thus, it had been able to be patient, to sustain the wound caused by the silver it feared so much… and it had restrained its wrath to unleash it the moment the most dangerous attack Sarah was capable off was launched at it.

It was a roar so might that the whole structure, magically reinforced and prepared to resist a war eight hundred years ago, shook as if struck with an earthquake. A massive colorless aura sprung up from Lycao as its eyes became completely blood red, as it finally let itself go completely and utterly mad, roaring insanity filling the world. It was as if its whole body was shielded by a conceptual weight that represented its impossible mightiness, as if its sheer power, its sheer wrath had become something akin to a law of nature.

And as it received the black hole directly into its gut, it almost seemed like Sarah’s attack was shattering apart as it entered contact with the monster.

Battle Calculation

Sarah’s attack:
    -53 (Sarah’s SPI x2.2) – 17 (Lycao’s SDEF) = 36 – 20 (AV) = 16 damage.

It was not that it hadn’t dealt damage… but suddenly, it was as if Lycao had become another beast entirely. The sheer awakening of its wrath shook the world, reality itself, pushing everyone but Adam away. Just a mere movement from his part was enough to tear the black hole drilling on its body as if it was made of paper, completely dissipating it. Esther, who was positioned the farthest and had meant to chain her attack along with Sarah’s, was blown away by the aura before she could even execute her attack. Sally, who had put away her gun and charged alongside Esther was barely able to hold herself in place, a surge of energy that could only be unmistakably thought of as a Spiritual Power causing darkness to be concentrated around her, no, actually, repelling the light around her.

However, she didn’t get the chance to use her Spiritual Power.

Lycao was simply too fast, only Jordan, at his maximum enhanced state, was capable of perceiving what happened next. Only he was able to see Lycao suddenly stretch its neck upwards, opening its mouth wide, before suddenly clamping it down over Adam’s shoulderblade, completely shattering the Aegis as the lineman finally ran out of spiritual energy. The boy barely had the time to scream in pain as his shoulder was completely shattered by the bite, and then, using its sheer strength, with the strongest muscles on his body, those of the mouth, Lycao lifted Adam upwards, employing all of its might to throw him far away. Only Infis quickly dispelling the walls of fire prevented the lineman from getting burned by his own team’s flames.

But the offensive was far from over. Freed from the weight of Adam, the one and only thing that had been capable of keeping it in check, Lycao suddenly lurched forwards, the mere conceptual weight surrounding its body causing the javelin Sarah was holding to be torn apart by being near the lycanthrope, the silver falling and dispersing all over the floor, slowly getting destroyed by the sheer might of the monster’s presence.

Fury Swipes activated

However, Lycao did not target Sarah, instead leaping towards Sally, and delivering two earth-shattering strikes against her with its mighty claws.

Precision Roll

Difficulty=17
    Roll=20
    Precision success.

Precision Roll

Difficulty=17
    Roll=6
    Precision failure.

All they could see was a flash of red as blood spurted from the body of the surprised agent, one of her arms separated from her body, then she fell backwards, towards the darkness that invaded all.

It happened in mere seconds… two members of the group, the two that seemed the most solid and almighty… had been defeated in a flash. All that was left was the pervading feeling of death, of an incoming crisis, of hopelessness. This was… what a Legendarium was like. This was the might of a Legend.

Infis rose in the air through the darkness, the two bodies covered in ghostly fire, each wearing identical expressions of complete and deadly seriousness. The howl from before had greatly damaged her, and it was clear that she wouldn’t hold under any other attack.

“This is bad, this is bad! What are you doing, why are you just standing there?!” The angel’s voice sounded for the first time. Hakamiah had clearly grown pale, but she gallantly held her bow, covered in holy fire, as we moved forwards, clearly intending to soak up the damage in this fight. “Girl with the silver sword, you are the key to this! You are the only one left who can deal enough damage! We need to use everything we have to lock down this monster, to kill it before it exterminates us all!”

“MOVE! NOW!” She shouted as she charged forwards towards the monster.

Wise up!

Name: Lycao, Father of Lycanthropes
    Race: Lycanthrope
    Attributes: Beast, Therianthrope, Legendary
    Spiritual Rank: 7

HP: 250
    SP: 400

STR: 40
    DEF: 20
    SPI: 30
    SDEF: 17
    AGI: 36
    EVA: 25

Perks:

Human Killer [Therianthrope Trait]
    As a creature that has existed in human’s nightmares and imagination since a long time, it is something that seems to specialize in bringing ruin to humankind, its favored prey. Whenever attacking someone with the Human attribute, the Werewolf receives +15 STR and +10 AGI, and chances of causing Bleeding are greatly augmented.

Feral Prescience [Beast Trait]
    As a beast, a hunting creature that kills to survive and whose daily life consists in a constant fight against both preys and predators, it has developed advanced instincts that allow it to perceive surprise attacks before they happen, being completely immune to them and also allow to make its own surprise attacks much stronger than they otherwise would be (x2 damage instead of x1.5)

Father of Lycanthropes
    In the primal night of the aeons, Lycao, recently born, mated with creatures unknown to sate its lust. That was how he spawned the race of the Theranthropes, his unholy progeny that spread all around the Warped World, taking for themselves every single habitat, becoming an hungry plague that cared only for its own survival: those who were like him but lesser, beasts of primal instinct and intellect that lived and died for the hunt. As the originator of the species, their father and creator, Lycao holds primacy between the Theranthropes and is able to command them to do his bidding. When fighting under his orders, Theranthropes receive +5 to all their stats and the chances of success of their actions increase greatly.

Dark Howl
    Concentrating his spiritual power in his mouth, Lycao is able to, with a single howl, unleash a blast of spiritual energy in a large cone, dealing SPI x1.5 damage to those caught in the area. The sound of his howl invokes the primal fear of humans, triggering the instincts that were borne in centuries of hiding in cold caves, hearing the howling of the wolves outside as they searched for prey, and thus has great chances of triggering the Fear status effect. Costs 50 SP.

Hunter’s Nose
    The Werewolf’s sense of smell is extremely keen. In comparison with all its other senses, even the one of hearing, it is much superior, and this enhanced sense allows it to perceive potential enemies and prey’s movements from an huge distance, in an area around it.

Hidden & Dangerous
    A creature capable of moving and hiding through any environments, it could be considered an expert at sneaking around when there are obstacles to hide behind. Furthermore, when pouncing at its prey and catching it by surprise, it receives +5 to its STR.

Infectious Bite
    The Werewolf’s bite is deadly, but not for the reasons one would think. Although being bit by the creature does not transform the victim into its kin, it is instead afflicted by a Level 2 Sickness, causing a debilitating fever that will reduce its stats and exhaust it faster.

Fury Swipes
    Technique. Lycao can attack a single target twice in the same turn, in exchange for being unable to use this Technique in the next turn and cancelling Hit & Run.

Hit & Run
    Technique. Lycao is able to keep moving after attacking a target, quickly running or moving around at great speeds, and is able to hide just after hitting a target as long as the terrain allows him to do so.

Argent Vulnerability
    As per the myths, Lycao, as a Werewolf, takes 20 extra damage from being hit by any kind of silver. However, it is able to resist attacks done by other means, reducing said damage by 10.

Legendarium [Legendary Trait]

Lycao’s Wrath
    A creature that has lived for centuries upon centuries in the Warped World, Lycao has become experienced in the eternal struggle for survival. Every wound on his body still hurts today, the debilitating scars in his body burn, feeding on his wrath and in his eternal rage. Birthed by Echidna, Mother of Monsters, he is a creature of wrath hidden under a veneer of cunning and hunting experience, and the more his rage is fed, the more he’ll tether towards the limit of his rationality. And once that limit is broken… foes beware, for the bestial rage of Lycao of Lost Arcadia is truly something to behold…
    [Lycao has a wrath meter that increases or decreases with certain actions. When the meter reaches 150, he becomes immune to most status effects, is able to shake off damage received without side-effects, can attack twice per turn, and the damage reduction of Argent Vulnerability is doubled. The sheer might of the Legendarium acquires conceptual weight that may shield it from debilitating side-effects of Spiritual and Magical sources. However, he loses his stealth bonuses and is likely to aggress the objects of his wrath directly. Every point of damage received is added to his wrath meter. Every Werewolf slain in his presence adds 10 to it, causing great damage (60+) to an enemy increases it by 5, every enemy knocked down and rendered unconscious, near death, or dead ups it by 10. Other actions may augment the meter by differing quantities. Every turn Lycao doesn’t take an action, the meter diminishes by 5…]

quotes

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rita Lin

I had to be on my feet now. No time to let what happened influence what I had to do here.

If nothing else I got myself a freaky rifle now, and no more reason to panic.

"I don't have to herd the headless chickens so nah, no questions from me. Let's just get this over with."

Who knows what the hell would happen this time.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones | HP: 58/90 SP: 16/90
    Turn 6

It felt strange.

The numbness in his fingers, that is. Jordan remembered whacking away at zombies, but the sword had nearly broken his fingers as he sank it into thick hide and flesh. A moment of relaxation would have ripped it away from him. It would've been the sort of amateur mistake that Tomomi's brother would scoff at. The blade had a life of its own. It had greedily devoured his spiritual energy, turning it into fire.

Something else, too, had become numb. The shivering in his limbs was gone. It had stopped the moment Adam was flung away like a human wrecking ball. It stopped the moment Sally's arm was separated from her body. Jordan's fear evaporated as the blood of his allies was shed, taking everything extraneous with it.

Was Lycao mocking him, he thought as he clambered to his feet in front of the wolf. Was that why he'd been spared, despite being the one to deal the most damage? Did the wolf wish to save the juiciest, leanest prey for last?

No. Lycao had its reasons. Perhaps it had wished to rid itself of Adam, the only one that could survive its blows, but Sally? She'd done nothing the whole battle. She was experienced, yes, but nowhere near the most dangerous of their group. Jordan had been completely open, as had Sarah, and yet the wolf ignored them.

Why?

Never mind. It didn't matter. Jordan's instincts told him to leave it, and he obeyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakamiah
    “This is bad, this is bad! What are you doing, why are you just standing there?! Girl with the silver sword, you are the key to this! You are the only one left who can deal enough damage! We need to use everything we have to lock down this monster, to kill it before it exterminates us all!”
    "Girl finally speaks..."

And she'd addressed Esther of all people.

Jordan disagreed with the angel's analysis. Esther was unknown, untested, and had not managed to land a single blow. That was excusable; no human could fully avoid the primal fear that Lycao called forth. Still, it called into question whether he could bet his life on a sword that had never been swung. Who would trust a complete stranger like that?

He raised his sword without turning back, not as a threat but as a barrier, stopping any rash ideas from taking root in the schoolgirl's head.

Jordan needed to know. She had only seconds to influence his decision. Whether she was strong or weak wouldn't force his hand, nor did he have any interest in her power. Rather, he sought to answer the most important question of all.

"Will you do it?"

After everything she'd been through, did Esther Laine have the qualification to grasp victory?
    Last edited by Bloble; May 9th, 2017 at 02:08 PM.