Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32727780818283 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1648

Thread: Titanomachy (IC)

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Team Baka
    Time: Day 5 – Noon

It is a tough march. Following Jin’s pace through roads covered in smashed ruins and terrain that could only be qualified as maddeningly rough would be a challenge for a healthy Olympic athlete, let’s not even talk about a bunch of wounded and tired kids. Even with the bored Infis levitating those who cannot walk by themselves, it’s simply impossible for you to keep this pace.

Thankfully, Jin seems to notice. Although he frowns, he pauses for a while, before determining a direction, and moving briskly, deviating the path to the right. Soon, the group ends below the ruins of an one-room building that looks vaguely like it belonged to ancient Greece. The ceiling is broken, and both the north and the eastern wall are gone, but it seems far away enough from the nearby ruins, and apart from your presence it is quiet. No more wolf howls.

“Sit here and wait.” The swordsman says, and Infis drops the three she had been carrying. Adam remains completely unconscious, but the other two are stirring, awake enough but very evidently feeling like shit. Well, Sally had just lost her arm, so no one would expect any better.

Jin promptly returns, carrying a stack of wood with him, which he deposits in the center of the… cabin, to call it in some way. It is completely bare and devoid of furniture, and if it had ever served any purpose, you can’t divine it.

Your guide quickly manages to light a fire, completely smokeless, then takes out a pot from somewhere and puts it on the fire. He takes what you can only describe as some sort of stone bottle, with strange runes etched on it, and pours water (well, you hope it is water) from it, filling the pot. Then, from a pouch on his waist, he starts extracting different herbs, crushing them with his hands (you hope he washed them first) and adding the remains to the pot.

“You have questions.” He states while busying himself with whatever he’s doing with that pot. “Ask them.”

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Team Abyss & Team Incest
    Time: Day 4 – Afternoon

It seemed that this world had a way of bringing people towards each other, because somehow they managed to find themselves meeting another of the exploration groups. Tomomi was cautiously optimistic, but somewhat nervous- One would think that the more people the better, but at the same time, a large group was very good at drawing the attention of things she'd rather not deal with now, or ever.

"I hope everything's turned out alright with you," Tomomi said en route to the Abyss, looking at the group with a critical eye. The group looked no worse for wear -well, that was a lie, the cowboy-looking doofus she saw a few times out of class had his clothes ragged and slightly torn- but there was a notable edge in the way they walked, as if they were waiting for some kind of shoe to drop.

Or maybe she was just projecting her own feelings on them.

She remembered a few of them. Arthur of course she knew, the prodigy was about as unforgettable as the sun. Every teacher had lauded him as a genius and as far as she'd heard from rumors it was a well-deserved reputation: no matter what he tried his hand on, he seemed to pick it up without much of an issue. A wry smile spread across her face, as she considered what her Onii-chan would think of someone so... Comparatively gifted.

He'd probably put up a tough act, but she knew he'd really be sulking over yet another person who could effortlessly power through the curriculum. She'd always tried to cheer him up on that matter, saying that she was so proud to have a hardworking brother. He didn't make a show of it, but Tomomi knew he appreciated the attention.

Her smile turned a bit more lopsided as she caught Taichi eyeing her like a hawk, and she averted her eyes in guilt. She hadn't talked to Taichi after the incident with the book, and for the most part she didn't want to. After recalling what had happened, she didn't know if she could face him.

Taichi had been acting out of concern for her, and she'd acted brattishly defiant against him to the point that she made him hurt her. She rarely rebelled against her brother, and she never felt happy when it happened. She knew very well Taichi blamed himself any time that she got hurt, and he'd blame himself doubly so if it happened by his own hands.

What could she say to him? 'I'm sorry I'm so reckless? I'm sorry I was interested in something as mysterious as magic? I'm sorry I'm desperate for any means to keep us alive?'

He would never accept her excuses. In Taichi's mind, her place was in the school, out and away from harm where nothing could happen to her. A more basic bitch would have thought that he was being a misogynist, but it wasn't that. Her big brother knew very well what Tomomi was capable of, and the thing he feared the most was that her talents and power would be taken advantage of.

Yes, like they used to before. Before Taichi took her into his arms and whisked her away from that nightmare. Even now, she could recall it- The drunken laughter of that creature who dared call himself a father, the look of maddened desperation as a once loving figure became a monster. All because of her, because of the Pandora's Box she'd opened when she first revealed her talent.

Tomomi shook her head, shaking off the dark images. She didn't need to start shuddering now of all times, she'd only frighten her brother.

Looking back at the group, she resumed her evaluation. Arthur looked different than she'd remembered. His complexion, hair included, looked a bit paler- And there was a strange gleam in his eyes, she couldn't help but shudder as she thought that something in there was out of place. Like it didn't belong in this world.

Though the closer they got to the abyssal darkness, the more it felt as if he did.

Arthur's lackeys -for she couldn't think of any other way to call them, by the way they appeared to orbit the man- were all known faces to her, though some admittedly more obscure than others. Of course she knew about Arthur's stalker and his friend, but the cowboy guy was definitely an oddball. Nothing so ill-spirited as nutsos like Cyrus, but he definitely wasn't a person she'd bump into and ask for studying notes.

She may have to reconsider her opinion of them, though, if they were willing to stick out their necks to help everyone like this. It may be easy to say you were going to do your part to survive, but doing it was another matter entirely.

Over the trip, she learned a bit more about what they'd encountered in their own exploration. She made a clear note to stay a good distance away from any lakes or pools they ran across, if that was the kind of company they'd have to expect. However mighty her powers were, they wouldn't help her one bit against drowning.

“My, how unexpected, for me to meet a group of new people here.”
    Was this a freaking joke? What the hell was someone doing sitting her butt like it was a picnic in the middle of a hellhole like this?

Tomomi once more had to repress the shudder that ran across her skin as she looked at the girl addressing them. The entire world defied her understanding and common sense to begin with, but it was always the people that disturbed her the most. The monsters she could rationalize as being delusions or some kind of nightmare creature, but the people were different. The alien way they reacted, the look of routine or even boredom that ran across their faces...

That wasn't the way someone should react in a world like this! Were they even human anymore?

She kept all these thoughts to herself, instead looking towards Kaitlyn to wait what they would say. While she certainly had a few things to say, she didn't want to overstep her bounds and possibly ruin the chance at establishing a diplomatic communication with the older survivor.

Kaitlyn and Arthur were the leaders of the two groups, so it should be them that answer the question.

Tomomi simply looked towards her team leader, concerned, but ultimately nodded in an attempt to reassure Kaitlyn that it probably didn't hurt being friendly. It felt like the girl was asking a question to which she already knew the answer, so in a way she may very well just be breaking the ice to start a chat.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Team Baka

Most of Jordan J. Jones wanted nothing more than to lie down in some dark, quiet corner, and die. Preferably for a good week. He was limping on a broken leg, breathing past broken limbs, and holding onto the sword in his hand with an arm that had fractures from the collarbone down. The only saving grace was that his good looks had come through intact; apart from a bloody nose and a headache, everything above the neck was fine. Everything below was an aching mess.

Still, a good chunk or so was conscious. Had to keep an eye on everyone, after all. Sarah, Adam, Sally, the rest, they were in pain too, so he couldn't let go of consciousness just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin
    “You have questions. Ask them.”
    Wordlessly, Jordan reached into his bag.

Questions. Questions, huh? Yeah, he had questions. He'd had questions from the moment he had opened his eyes that morning.

"Catch." He tossed the crumpled up ball of paper with his good hand, and winced. Apparently there were some broken bones there, too. His voice was hoarse, so he wet his throat and tried again. "Start with those. You, that werewolf, Sturmritter, ghosts... that can wait for later."

Upon the paper were, in Jordan's thick handwriting, the questions he had been sent out to answer:

1. Where are we?
    2. Why are we here?
    3. How do we go home?

The three most important questions, fundamental to the very understanding of their reality. Jordan hadn't come up with them himself, of course. He'd asked around for advice. The Student Council had helped keep it simple.

"After that... I dunno. Just start talking. You've been here for a while, so you probably have all the best answers and the best questions. Tell us that. You can start with the Six... Kingdoms, or whatever."

Then Jordan took a seat, leaning against a wall, next to Esther and the rest. He leaned his chin on his unbroken knee, and stared straight ahead, awaiting an answer from the mysterious swordsman.

Masaki Taichi
    Time: Day 4 – Morning

"... Don't joke around."

It isn't Kaitlin who speaks up first as the leader of the group, but me. Taking a step forward, I face the stranger directly, making sure my words do not go unheard. Though under normal circumstances I would have remained silent, after our last encounter, I don't intend to allow the inhabitants of this world to do with us as they please. What this person, if she can be called such, presents is a mere charade, that much can be seen with a single glance. Though she's wearing an uniform, if I had to guess I'd say she's a student only in appearance. Perhaps a veteran, maybe just a monster taking the shape of a human, I honestly don't know nor care. Bottom line is, we should watch our step around her. After all...

"You were clearly waiting for someone to arrive..."

I am not as delusional as to assume that she has been waiting for us -I certainly hope that is not the case-, but I can tell that the location isn't really the best for setting up a camp or reading. Besides, the bridge probably acted as the border between two distinct territories separated by what can only be described as an infinite abyss, so it would be natural to assume that she's either just crossed from the other side or is stalling for an opportunity to head towards wherever the bridge leads to, and I am willing to bet its the latter. In any case, I don't trust this person. Her appearance and mannerisms are triggering way too many alarms.

That said, if she is one and we are many, so we should press on that advantage. If she tries something funny, there won't be any second chances.

"... What do you want? We aren't here to make small talk."

I mercilessly slay her question with one of my own. Asking for information without even introducing herself? I don't think so. I don't know what this Fourth Generation deal is, but I'd rather avoid unnecessary brainwashing. Let's keep the ball on her court at all times, and prevent her from grasping control of this conversation.

Friend or foe, it hardly matters.

As students from Zeus, house of the greatest talents on Earth, we shouldn't let this flea look down on us!
    Last edited by hero; October 1st, 2019 at 06:36 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin & Harry Blackfield
    Time: Day 4 – Noon

“That’s fine and all…” Bryanna said, as your group finished checking your supplies. Right now, you were at one of the entrances of the school building, getting ready to finally get out of dodge. Or rather, entering dodge. A very dangerous and deadly dodge. This metaphor had completely gotten out of track.

“But how do you intend to go about getting out of the school?” The reporter continued. “I mean, there are simply too many eyes around, and something like going out is bound to cause people to pay attention and look at us. I don’t think we can go without the gang noticing.”

Having said that, the reporter fiddled with her hair nervously. “And, well, I mean, I am as concerned about Jane as the rest of you, but, what’s our plan of action? How are we going to go about this?”

“What’s there to argue?!” Lara immediately replied. “We’ll just go, follow them, hit them hard and make them give Jane back! The more time we waste”

Bryanna sighed, putting a hand on her face, as if saying ‘This is why they had you step down as a leader’. “I agree with you in that we don’t have to waste time, but if we go running blindly like this, picking a fight again… well, they already succeeded in delaying us once, you know? I think picking a fight against them should be a last resort, too.”

“But-!” Lara started, but the pink-haired girl raised both of her hands slightly in a placatory gesture.

“You know this very well, if it comes down to it, taking them in a straightforward fight is practically impossible for us.” She said calmly. “Hell, I have a gun and I’m fairly sure that it won’t work against Zhong if it comes down to that. So, if we go after them we’ll need to think of another way apart from fighting.”

“And I think we really need a fifth team member. Well, apart from Ms. Bunny here. Another Enhanced Human, I mean.”

Rita Lin
    Time: Day 4 – Morning

“Uhm, well…” Jason scratched his head, evidently nervous to the extreme. He looked around, and saw that most of the gang had already dispersed from the Usual Spot. However, he lowered his voice down to a whisper as he spoke.

“Look, Zhong’s got something I need. Something about my family… about my cousin, Ida.” He said, straightforwardly. “And I want to get it.”

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Team Tacticool
    Time: Day 4 – Night

Your team disengaged as quickly and efficiently as one would expect, given their wounds, the exhaustion, and the insane heat reigning over the jungle that seemed to be quickly chipping away at their stamina.

Hiyori threw some sort of windy obstacle in front of her, catching the oni she’d been fighting and causing it to trip, which gave her the chance to get away. Gwendoline, meanwhile, ran over towards Zhenya.

“I’m… good, I can still move-!” The half-Russian girl said, but ignoring her protests, Gwen ran up to her, and broken shoulder and all, managed to bodily lift her, and both of them broke into a pained run towards the nearby trees.

Sherry moved away with a jump, dodging the oni whose back had been maimed, and throwing some sort of shadow-based spell over the eyes of the monster trying to re-arrange Michael’s skeleton (it had seemed to ignore the club thrown aside, spurned on by the angry roars of their leader), which blinded it and let the boy get away.

Messy but organized, the group began their retreat, while the Red Oni roared, commanding it’s minions to pursue. Having its prey practically snatched from its jaws, it seemed to have gone into a complete berserk rage, following after you with dogged determination.

Thus started the chase, one that proved to be a lot more troublesome than expected. Wounds and all, your group was definitely a lot faster on their feet overall than the barbarians, but the terrain played heavily against you. Even Alexandra had to weave around the tall trees to get through, although the small girl had proven to, thankfully, be as light as she looked.

Meanwhile, the onis, while a lot bulkier and slower, bowled through the trees as if most of them weren’t there, using their superior physical strength and body mass to push through and gain momentum.

To make things worse, you could hear more roars in the distance, unidentifiable in middle of a high adrenaline chase. This whole thing was making a lot of noise, and it was bound to attract even more Monsters in your direction.

You weren’t out of danger yet.

And if to prove it, the worst-case scenario immediately happened.

It was out of nowhere. Simply impossible to react to it. An ambush from a blind spot, from something coming from the right flank in an high-speed chase. Accurately striking at the weak point of the formation.

It looked like a thick red rope that fell from the top of a tall, robust tree that the group had just dodged around. At first, nobody noticed it, but it fell too fast, and it fell towards one of you with a precision and speed that would’ve made a sharpshooter proud.

It wrapped around Kyle before anyone could react, and it did so with tremendous strength, enough that you could hear the sounds of bones breaking as it tightened around the boy, arms and legs snapping, ribs cracking apart. There was an audible pop, and his neck slanted to a side, his eyes widened in surprise.

There was barely enough time to identify the thick red rope as what it really was, an insanely long tongue, before it hauled him upwards towards the treetop, towards a long, hunched beast that you barely were able to see, with a mouth as wide as a trash compactor and full of sharp teeth.

The body disappeared under the leaves of the tree. An audible sound of flesh being torn. And that was it.

Kyle was no more.

Kyle Dunn has been slain
    Encountered Chupacabra

“KEEP GOING!” Zhenya shouted, looking way more scared than she had ever been before. “KEEP MOVING, DON’T GIVE THE DAMN THING TIME TO AIM AT YOU!” She ordered sternly.

There was no time to grieve. Onis were still chasing, and any of you could be that thing’s next meal.

quotes

Alexandra Gray

This world was a cruel one.

I'd forgotten that, in the wake of our victories: the joy of flight, determination in the face of the unknown, the successful rescue of the girl in my arms.

But as I turned, half by instinct, half by cruel chance, I saw the creature's tongue tighten as it crushed Kyle's torso.

I saw the exact expression he made as he was pulled into the brush, unable to even scream.

This world is cruel, and it will not have an ounce of mercy for grieving or raging against that disgusting filthy opportunistic thing lurking in the shadows.

But I clenched my jaw, I won't put any breath aside, not now. If I open my mouth, I'll start screaming and won't stop.

I can't let this all be for nothing, I won't let it.

I beat my wings harder, gritting my teeth with effort, focusing on movement over all else, just have to get far enough off that Big Red decides we're more trouble than we're worth.

Then we can take a breather.

Just a little farther, that's all it takes.

I can't stop, I refuse, I won't.

I kept my eyes out for anything nasty.

Blog Entries
    Crooklyn
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN - Field of Ruins (Skeletal Skyscrapers)

Angel vs Man vs Devil
    Turn 3

Cyrus:

“Huh?” The devil tilted her head. “That ain’t good enough? Well, I mean, I could boil you alive? Would make the flesh nice and tender, slow cooking over the fire perhaps…” She paused as if considering things.

“What if I break all your bones without damaging the flesh itself?” She suddenly said, hitting her palm with her fist as if she had suddenly come across a genial idea. “That takes a lot of skill to do, you know?!” Eyes with irises way too blue to be human locked into yours.

… This girl, devil, thing… she was just as she appeared to be personality-wise, or so you thought. It was the first time you had interacted with an actual Inhabitant of this world, with the exception of the husk of… something that was UNKNOWN, and they were proving to be surprisingly difficult to read. They had humanoid forms and this Devil in particular looked straight up human except for the wings, horns, and those blazing azure eyes, but the microexpressions, the gestures, posturing, body language… they were all wrong, alien, different… it was throwing you off quite a bit.

“Name’s Ispira. Common ranked, half-step Archdevil Ispira.” She announced proudly, wings unfurling behind her, chest puffed up. One thing was for sure, looking at the manic, gleeful madness that her eyes belied, this girl’s true nature was a lot trickier and more dangerous than she was letting on.

The two angel girls remained silently, although at some point they talked with each other in whispers, and then the shorter one with the bow took to the air, flying away from you and starting to shoot at the oncoming mass of Devils that Johnny had just provoked. The taller redhead with the guns remained here, with wary eyes trained on both you and Ispira. But she remained silent, not participating in the negotiations.

They hadn’t said anything much nor had they acted that much, so there wasn’t much you could glean from them, but you got the impression that she’d act if they got a chance.

“That bitch with the guns is Angel Yasariah, and the pussy with the bow is Angel Hakamiah.” Ispira spat with distaste, and very obvious, extremely knee-jerk hostility, and there was a flash of bestial hatred in her eyes. Curious, seemed slightly… not artificial, just forced somehow?

“Does that answer your questions?”

Johnny:

Most of the Inhabitants nearby were too busy in their own duels and in the chaotic melee to pay attention to Johnny. Not even Amelie had the time right now to pay attention to him.

But it was enough noise. It was loud enough to attract the attention of the surrounding Devil troops not currently engaged. It was enough to challenge them, enough to make the nature of a Devil, cunning, deceitful, but that always sought superiority, flare up in answer.

Encountered Skullhunter x10

The result was a tidal wave of Skullhunters zeroing into him. Being challenged by a flea like him, having someone as small as him declare himself a King above them was something they simply couldn’t allow, not without proof, not without dominance being established. It was simply against their natures. This was what Devils were. The constant struggle and thirst to stay above everyone else.

And, in reality, they were simply too many for Johnny to handle. He was already half dead, with one arm broken, fighting against one of them. A duel against a second one would likely prove fatal. Fighting ten like the one he just took down together? That was just plain suicide.

Perhaps it was lucky that he had said what he had said, with the words he had used. Maybe he simply had been near Cyrus long enough for his devilish luck to rub off on him, but either way, Johnny’s speech provoked his peril, and at the same time, it likely contributed to save his life.

A force slammed into the flank of the Devil column advancing towards Johnny with all the strength of a furious titan. One moment, a horde of giant, horned, red-skinned devils had been charging straight at Johnny. The next, they were being outright massacred.

Two figures added themselves to the dance, both of young girls, showing the same ageless, eternal youthfulness that almost everyone in this godsforsaken world seemed to sport. They were not human, in one case made rather obvious by the pointier ears and horn-like protrusions (or were they a decoration? Hard to tell) the smaller of the duo had.

They were definitely easy on the eyes, which was helped by the strangely revealing and surprisingly elaborate clothes they wore. One nearly two meters tall, swinging a giant greatsword nearly as tall as Johnny was with ease, wild and barbarous, laughing with wild abandon as she killed. The other smaller, graceful, with clothing reminiscent of Eastern Asian aesthetics, both hands wielding a katana she used to skillfully parry aside oncoming blows and counter-attack, drawing blood with each attack, dance-like steps darting here and there as she covered the flanks of her companion.

And they were dangerous and lethal as all hell. Especially the tall woman, who emitted a terrifying amount of pressure. Discounting super beings like UNKNOWN and Yaldabaoth, she was probably the strongest thing Johnny had seen in this world so far.

Encountered Deva: Low Asura Pheia
    Encountered Deva: Mid Asura Blott

“Kyagahahahahaha! Did’ya hear him, Pheia?!” The two-meter tall woman guffawed as her giant blade decapitated a Skullhunter with a single precise strike. “That human kid’s sure got some massive guts! It’d be one hell of a shame if he were to die to a bunch of nameless scum!”

She kicked at the ribs of another Devil, sending him flying outwards with a sound of snapping bones, an easy grin on her face as she looked tauntingly at the incoming enemies, tapping a hand on the dark gray metal of her obviously magical blade. Power thrummed outwards from her, a physical pressure much different than the eldritch bizarreness that surrounded UNKNOWN, or the holy intensity of an Archangel’s presence. It was the pressure of someone who was simply strong, strong enough she was cleaving through these Devils like they were just weeds in the road.

“I say, Elder Sister, could you please stop acting on impulse like a complete idiot?” The other woman complained, deadpan, her katana vibrating slightly to shake off the blood clinging to it. “I keep telling you, not everyone is as strong as you… we were supposed to just observe, damnit.”

Even while complaining, her body shook slightly, and two more arms surged from her sides, practically growing out of her fair skin like they had always been meant to be there despite the fact that they hadn’t been there a second ago. The arms reached towards her back, where five different swords were sheathed, and grabbed two of them, one a thin rapier meant for thrusting, another a straight western sword.

Without missing a beat, she charged at an approaching Skullhunter, attacking from three different angles and carving the Devil up before it could react, causing it to retreat backwards, covered in blood.

With this, thanks to Johnny’s speech, the situation had grown more complex. New actors had been added, and the chaotic battle kept spinning out of control even further.

Rosary:

It worked like a charm. The surprise of being suddenly unable to physically touch you bought you enough time to get away before the increasingly puzzled and confused Angel could try swinging his sword around to hurt you.

At the same moment, Jayden did a sudden twist with her arms, and the neck of the Angel she had captured snapped with a sound that was easily heard even through the din of the battlefield. The light on her wings suddenly dimmed, and the body went slack, falling against the floor with a metallic clatter when the girl let go of her victim.

Jayden’s face had paled visibly, and she looked like she was about to throw up, but she steeled herself, wrapping her fists in chains as she stared down at the remaining Angel, who was now stuck between her and you.

On the other side of the battlefield, the Devil Witch had decided to target Joaquin to back up the devil fighter still engaged with him, and the poor boy was now scrambling around, dodging magical projectiles and cursing loudly in Spanish. You suspected that neither the mothers or the grandmothers of these Devils would be very pleased with him.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand
    Angel vs Man vs Devil
    Turn 3

"Ispira. Got it. And Yasariah, Hakamiah." Cyrus' index finger pointed first at the angel who had remained in her silence, then at the one who had left to join the battle. "I appreciate you not playing zippermouth here, Ispira. Can't have a good chat without, y'know, talking."

Cyrus made a zipping, or perhaps unzipping, motion over his lips. Then shrugged.

"Well, I guess you don't have to talk if you don't have anything to say, Yasariah. But I think I'm getting a picture here." Cold, steel eyes turned to the angel, then to the devil. "Let me see…"

Cyrus adjusted his hat.

These things didn't operate under human principles. From their very foundation, his understanding was incomplete. The first step of crossing a bridge is to build it, but here and now he was unsure of how to walk.

"You devils and these angels have got some long-standing hatred for each other. Maybe some ancient war that doesn't matter anymore, maybe someone tried to genocide the other, or maybe you each took turns. So you're supposed to hate each other."

So the gambling boy stretched his legs and tried to take the first step.

"And so, you hate each other because you're supposed to hate each other. And you fight each other because you're supposed to fight each other. Something like that."

He shook his head.

"Then comes the whippersnappers, some dumb humans come in and throw a fastball right through your routine, mandatory scuffle."

Without a hint of emotion or feeling he took his shot in the dark.

"Now one of those dumb humans has the audacity to talk to you like he might be your equal, ignorantly accuses you of fighting for no reason, and all the while…"

Cyrus turned to look toward the battle. Something had changed. There were new faces involved in the skirmish, seemingly demolishing anything in their path.

"Well, I don't think we're going to reach any sort of peaceful agreement here. My friend over there, Johnny," Cyrus pointed a finger through the battle at the muscular young man, "he won't be satisfied without a good brawl. Fighting is the only thing he knows for real, and it looks like you devils can get along just fine with that."

Cyrus dropped a hand into his pants pocket. There was no sign of hostility or any meaning behind the action. There was no weapon or hidden trick in that pocket. He just lazily rested his hand.

"Well, being true to his nature is why I like him. People should live for what they enjoy, take risks where they have to, and win and lose in equal measure."

The steel eyes went from the angel to the devil.

"I'll just cut to the chase. Once the cannonfodder are done for, how about you guys pull back and we all get on with our lives? This is just some routine fight over nothing, so let the routine, obligatory bloodshed spill out. Then we can call it a day and get back to the stuff that matters. Yeah?"
    Last edited by Spinach; October 16th, 2019 at 04:34 PM.

Michael Adhikari

Left, right, left, right, ten-hut eh. Pumpin’ my legs and building a good rhythm I sprint through the jungle. Those red’s sure got annoying brute strength, just plowin’ through everything huh?

If only that was the worst of our troubles…

A little red ribbon, a gentle pop and his bodies already gone eh? Life sure if frustratingly fragile ain’t it eh.

Veerin’ and hoppin’ to the side I give myself some time, while both avoidin’ sittin’ still and snappin’ my head to and fro to scan the details. Can’t stop, to late for him now but, well I need to make sure the shock didn’t make anyone lose their head and I need to revaluate our weaknesses.

School might be out but this is what I always trained for ain’t it?

One step, two steps, three, and I’m done all ready to keep sprintin’ forward. Sorry buddy but the only thing the living can do for the dead is carry on as best they can and if I have to haul anyone that’s lost their head. Well then that just what I’ll do.

What a ragged four legged race this has become eh?

Blog Entries
    Team Baka

Jin unfurled the paper, and sighed slightly upon seeing the contents, shaking his head slightly.

“Of all the possible questions, these three are the hardest to answer.” He said, stretching his hand and creating a edgeless blade he used like a ladle to stir the contents of the pot. “You have to consider, by the way, that this world is… big. Too big. If I just started speaking about the things I know, we could easily be here for weeks.”

“It’s easier to answer… relevant questions, and start from there.” He added, as he dropped a weird, claw-looking iron-colored herb into the mix, which acquired a strange orange color.

“We are in a world separate from the one we came from. We call this world the Warped World, and it is a place of danger and death, and of many mysteries. What this world is, exactly, remains an unknown for all us Survivors.” He started answering the questions in the piece of paper, one by one.

Everyone else sat or lied silently, too exhausted or pained to speak, merely listening to his voice. The swordsman was… not emotionless, you had seen him express a variety of emotions so far, even if slight. No, perhaps the word to describe him would be… dry, strangely so. So dry that listening to his solemn voice and watching his inexpressive face felt odd after a while.

“Regarding why we are here… as far as I know, this world began summoning humans since at least a thousand years ago. Ripping whole buildings or pieces of geography, and bringing them to this world along with those unfortunate enough to be caught within. Of the humans thrown into this world…” Jin paused, as if remembering something from a long time ago. “Few manage to become Enhanced Humans like us, and even fewer survive through the first eight days of life in this world. Those who survive comprise the Survivors, nearly immortal humans like me who roam this world, seeking to survive it’s many challenges.”

He took the pot with both hands, without using any kind of gloves to hold it, and put it aside. He then extracted a second pot, and repeated the process he had done with the first one, starting to crush and mix a different set of herbs.

Jin then took a deep breath, and faced you directly, meeting your eyes with his steel-gray ones. His gaze seemed haunted, and you had the feeling he was still recalling something from the distant past. “I have been here nearly five hundred years… if not more. And I have yet to see, or obtain an inkling of a way home.”

A collective shudder ran through the group. You looked around, and could easily see that this simple sentence had given a very big hit to the general morale. Well, except for Infis, who didn’t seem to care at all about the conversation, and Ludmilla, who was giving Jin a rather skeptical stare.

Then, the pink-haired girl seemed to remember something, and started digging rather noisily through her bag. “I know I put it here somewhere… ah! Here it is!” With that victorious shout… she extracted… a severed human arm.

“I figured out keeping this might be useful somehow, for her.” She said, as she walked up to Sally, and put the arm besides her. The agent, already awake, was a bit surprised, probably not knowing how to react, but she thanked her quietly.

“Well done.” Jin said, pleased. “Reattaching it will be faster and easier than waiting for her to regrow it.”

Wait. Did he had just said, regrow her arm?

“Give me a break…” Esther muttered. Her friend quickly shushed her, as Jin started speaking once again.

“The Six Kingdoms…” Jin pondered for a moment. “We refer to those non-human sapient creatures that exist around the Warped World as Inhabitants, or Denizens. The Six Kingdoms are the six biggest factions of Inhabitants that exist within the Warped World, numerous and powerful enough to create cities and bases that dot the world.”

“Angels, Valkyries, Demiurges, Devils, Demons and Devas. All locked in permanent war with each other over the dominion of this world.” The swordsman concluded, as the mixture in the second pot became electric blue in coloration.

quotes

Sarah Vale (Team Baka)

Sarah listened to Jin's story with her facial expressions neutral.
    There was good news and bad news.

While her teammates murmured and shuddered about the low prospects of returning home...
    Sarah really didn't mind the prospect of not being able to return to her original world.
    Sure, there were some issues...but the prospect of being in a new world with new game was far greater in comparison.

Angels, Valkyries, Demiurges, Devils, Demons and Devas. All of them sounded like interesting folk.
    Sentient or not, Sarah didn't really mind. As long as things got fun, she was fine.

"Six Kingdoms...huh. Ok, so this world is basically a full on battle royal with beyond-human powers..."

She then eyed the arm...

"But hey, at least I'll be able to hunt a bit more safely than usual, eh? Kyahahaha - "

Maybe it wasn't the best way to talk in such a situation, with morale running low, tired and irritable.
    But hey, social interactions wasn't her thing.
    The call of the hunt, however, was real.

Blog Entries
    Rosary Flowers
    Angel vs Man vs Devil
    Turn 3

I fall, I land, I live. Good job Rosary, you’re still kicking.

The sick look on Jayden’s face reminds me of myself a long time ago. All those deaths used to make me sick, too. But I know that when it comes down to it, it’s my life or theirs, and I will do everything to keep clinging on to life. She needs to—well, to be perfectly honest, I’m okay if she doesn’t—or she’s dead weight. I’m almost dead weight as is, so I have to do something.

I ignore the angel between her and I. Joaquin is swearing up some storm right now—enough time in Spanish Harlem’s taught me the basic insults—and I figure it’s easier to help someone who treats this like an elaborate joke a bit better than someone who is taking it deathly seriously. Better for the vibe of the crew.

A wave of my hand lets the rain of magic shit pass through him with ease. I’m distantly contributing.

“Make good use of that,” I yell, but my body is already moving. Distract? Hide? I don’t really know. But I definitely can’t fight, so the less out in the open I am, the better.
    Last edited by Katie; October 23rd, 2019 at 07:53 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones

"Well, damn."

Jordan had expected to be crushed by Jin's answer, but in the end, the revelation hadn't had much of an impact. He'd spent the last few days wondering, fearing, and accepting the reality of the situation, the reality that he'd likely never see his parents again, and that he was no longer a normal human. He'd already been bearing the weight of that possibility, and now that his worst fears had been confirmed, it was as if that weight had settled somehow.

He raised his hand to rub the back of his head, and winced as five different muscles screamed in protest. But even the pain was number, as if his body was starting to realize the futility of complaining. Or maybe he was already healing. If arms could be regrown and reattached, then his broken bones might fix themselves overnight.

But time wouldn't heal all wounds. Not those of the mind... nor of the soul. Jin's tired eyes attested to that much.

"What a weird fucking world," Jordan said, finally. "And you were stuck wandering around for five hundred years? Nice job not going crazy, man; I can't last a month without running water and ESPN."

Seeing (and smelling) the strange concoctions derailed that train of thought. Jordan's nose scrunched up. "Is that uh... well, whatever. Would this be any good in it?" He waved around the bright blue herbs he'd stolen from the crow girl. "For like, I dunno, magic healing medicine? Or is it just soup? If you don't have enough, we brought some instant stuff from the cafeteria - oh right, you wouldn't know..."

Jordan blinked. "You wouldn't... right, right! Dude, you've been stuck in here for five hundred years, right!? That means you're an actual samurai and shit! Oh man, you missed so much. We went through two world wars and put a guy on the moon, man. And we invented soda!"

Jordan grinned, puffed up his chest, and winced from the broken ribs.

"Ack, er, right. Anyway, Jin, it's no fair if only you answer stuff. I'll ask you about the kingdoms, but first, you ask ask me anything about the world back home!"

Blog Entries
    Team Incest

“Taichi!” Kaitlin’s voice is stern as she calls out Taichi’s name, putting a hand on his shoulder to stop him in his tracks, should he attempt to move forward once again.

The girl merely tilted her head slightly, a half-smile showing in her face, as if amused, yet at the same time showing no truly discernible emotion. Standing closer to her, it is hard to not understand just how different she is from a ‘normal human’. Even taking a look at those attractive blue eyes of hers is a trial: they were deep, bottomless, like wells opened on the ground, like the endless abyss nearby. Just by seeing those eyes was enough to understand that she wasn’t just older than she looked like. Nobody any of you had ever met had eyes like that. Eyes that analyzed each thing said, each movement made instantaneously, eyes that spoke of a truly absurd wealth of experience.

And then, there was her posture. It was the way she moved her limbs, the way she stood, a lot of small clues that Taichi could recognize of something he had scarcely ever seen on Earth: a true and tried ‘expert’ of combat, someone who had at the very least achieved true ‘mastery’ of a martial art.

It was just an instinct, a gut feeling more than anything else. But this girl- no, this woman… she was truly strong. Even in comparison to the other Survivors you had met the day before, she was different, strange and powerful. Perhaps to a point she couldn’t be called ‘human’ anymore.

But, weren’t you the same as her?

Ageless and undying. Forever remaining as you were. In a hundred years, wouldn’t you all remain looking as you were, even as you accumulated experience and power? Wouldn’t you become the same thing this woman was?

This was, perhaps, the first time you had gotten a stark look at what the transformations to your very nature as a being implied.

Perhaps many of these thoughts had ran through Kaitlin’s head. Taichi could feel her tension through the hand grasping his shoulder, as well as her wariness. The others hadn’t reacted much better to her presence. Henry looked as wary as Kaitlin, Lizzie’s eyes were completely fixed on the stranger, and the twins looked quite uncomfortable.

“I apologize for my friend’s outburst.” Kaitlin spoke, remaining polite despite her doubts. The good cop to Taichi’s bad. “We’ve had a less than pleasant encounter with our fellow humans not long ago, you see.”

“Ah~ I can imagine.” The woman giggled, not looking put-off at all by the group’s reactions. “But there’s no need to apologize. After all, your reactions already answered my question by themselves.”

She must be either very arrogant or very confident to calmly face your group like that, without a shred of fear and a soft smile in her mouth. Kaitlin narrowed her eyes, unamused.

“Hm, but it is a bit unfair this way, right?” The woman put a hand to her chin, as if in thought. “So, have a kernel of information, free of charge.” She pointed the finger of her other hand towards Taichi.

“He’s right. I was indeed waiting for someone to show up.” Her soft, velvety voice started up once again. Despite how ominous she was, she had a truly pretty voice, perhaps even more beautiful than her physical aspect. It was relaxing to listen to. “You see, the arrival of new people to this little haunted world of ours isn’t a secret to us older Survivors. I had, like many people, an interest in meeting you newcomers. So I took a bet.”

“A bet that someone would be either foolish or curious enough to come exploring this way. Or perhaps both~” Her smile widened slightly. “And as you see, my bet paid off!”

As she spoke, the woman started moving. First, she hopped to the side, then started moving as if gliding, with elegant and ethereal steps that carried her in an arc towards the right side of your group, widening the distance even further than it had been at the beginning. She might not be showing any hostility, nor did she look particularly ruffled by the group’s wariness, but she was clearly cautious still.

Kaitlin let go of Taichi, her posture shifting to a slightly more alert one. The twins also moved forwards, standing one each at the boy’s side. Nobody drew a weapon or did anything overtly threatening, but the tension could still be felt.

“Oh, right, where are my manners~?” She suddenly brought her palm to her forehead. “My name is… well, you can just call me Lune.” She did a small curtsy in your general direction.

“There’s no need to be so tense. After all, I’m just a weakling~” The girl giggled again. Was that an overt lie? Or some sort of inner joke you weren’t privy to?

“… Kaitlin.” The redhead relaxed her posture slightly, but her eyes never stopped observing the girl, still alert and ready for hostilities to erupt. “What he asked still stands. We’re not here for small talk. What do you want of us, Lune, since you’re going out of your way for a meeting?”

“Weeeell… you see~” Lune smiled, and you knew you were getting to the heart of the matter. “I’m a trader by profession. I trade in many things. Items, food, weapons, all kind of curious and mysterious doodads! And clothing. I’m a bit of a fashionista myself, and while I can only do so much with the material available here, I do my best!”

“And of course… I also deal with information.” She winked, smile narrowing. “Ol’ trusty Lune the trader. That’s me!”

“So, tell me, Kaitlin. Are you interested in trading?” A piercing question.

Confusion appeared on the red-haired leader’s face, her eyes sweeping the group, inviting them to say their pieces. After all… what this Lune had put in front of you could be something you desperately needed.

quotes

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin
    Time: Day 4 – Noon

"...As much as I hate to admit it, Bryanna is right, taking them head on in a fight isn't a good idea."

While my usual self would have probably been more inclined to agree with Lara in this instance, I had made a promise to myself to be thoughtful in these sorts of scenarios, to do what must be necessary to keep me and the others alive, even if it meant I had to eat dirt or run away like a coward... It sucks to hear myself say it, after all, I did like to think of myself as one of the few people who blatantly didn't stand for Zhong's bullshit, but...

"Our best bet is probably finding some way to sneak her out of their little group."

...Right now, I don't really have the means of opposing that gang with odds I like... She has more people, and was always sort of freak herself so...

Sneaking Jane out...

That's a bit more doable. Of course it's not gonna be easy by any means, but hit and run tactics suited this group the best; if we could sneak her out without incident that would be ideal, but in the chance we were discovered, I could think of a few ways to make a rapid exit from whatever the situation happened to be at the moment, although, depending on how bizarre this bizarro world really was, we'd definitely have to play it more by ear.

Regardless...

Sneaking out the group's healer was also heartless in a different way, but just as I had told 'myself,' I would do what I had to do to protect my friends...

If the morons had any brains, they wouldn't have left the school in the first place anyway...

Maybe a good dose of reality would convince them to come back?

Probably not, but...

"I agree with trying to find one more person too, problem is, who's really going to be willing to go out there with us? It's not exactly a feel-good sort of trip..."

We might go out there and die.

Very real chance of that, couldn't forget that particular lesson either.

"Most of the people I can think of have already headed out... I'd maybe bet on Camilla just being a tsundere in better circumstances, but I don't think we'd want to risk that... Anyone got any ideas?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Crooklyn

Angel vs Man vs Devil
    Turn 3

Standing up with half an arm and a mad grin, Johnny barked out a laugh as the two women argued. Every day, this weird world got a little bit more interesting, didn't it?

"Sure, not everyone might be as strong as your friend, but hey! Chin up! Look around you for a second!"

Johnny held up his working arm with a smile filled with blood. Gesturing around, he turned, looking at the cacophony of violence that surrounded them. The ground itself is torn to shreds, and Johnny smiled with gusto as he looked at it, grinning like a maniac.

"See? This isn't about them being weaker, or you being stronger! This is about the most important thing in the world, a fight. Hand to hand, sword to sword, use a gun for all I care - but fight like you mean it!"

"Gods? Kings? Who cares, really? Just reach higher then ya are right now! Work harder to be better then you were yesterday! Pick up the pieces, move forward, and show everyone what you're really made of!"

He extended a hand to the two angels, eyes dancing with an emotion he hadn't shown before. He was still smiling, something strong and daring, but that was just who he was. To be like Johnny Justice, was to be like a rock. Steady. Consistent. Johnny's beliefs had remained the same ever since he had met Ace for the very first time.

He was, after all, the best.

"Well then, whaddaya say? Join on up! We've got more than enough room for everyone! Course, if you disagree, we can always fight over it!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Masaki Tomomi

"I've heard of you," Tomomi blurted suddenly, the realization causing her to speak in a startled voice. "Your name is in the Network."

It was such an insignificant detail that it would've escaped the mind of anyone else, but not Tomomi's. As clear as a picture, she could remember the messages lain on the entrace to the Twisting Tunnels she'd read when she had accessed Patrick Wilson's legacy.

Twisted Tunnels
    Twisted Tunnels’ Entrance (Sea of UNKNOWN):

Blanc: Don’t go here unless you have somehow obtained a map to your destination. We have been unable to determine why the Network does not work down here, but this means it is impossible to navigate these tunnels without indications. Going in here without one of those maps is a death sentence.

Blanc: My sisters and I are exploring this place. At least it is easy for us to get back to the entrance thanks to the enchanted compass Lisel sold us. Now we at least know that these Twisted Tunnels seem to span the entirety of this world, and have exits to practically all the zones here. However, it is so labyrinthine that trying to find them without the route maps is almost impossible. We will try to make some maps ourselves but we promise nothing.

Iñaki: I discovered a very straightforward route. If you go to the stairs near the entrance and descend two floors, then follow the southern path without deviating even once, you end up at the Hollow Mountain, although I don’t know why you’d ever want to go to that accursed place.
    Nathalie: Be careful if you go that low. There are no Nosferatu nests in that level but some of these tend to go up and ambush people.

Corinne: If any of you for some reason wanted to use the Blood Swamp’s exit instead of going through normally, don’t bother with it. My sisters and I fought something that resembled a stronger version of the Faceless One. We had to cause a cave-in and drop the ceiling over it to survive… we barely made it alive. That path is now unusable, however.
    Nathalie: I don’t want to ever fight something like this again. Holy hell, I did not even know something like that existed after all this time. We just got really lucky we spotted it before it got to us.

Violet: I saw some really gigantic bear in the first level. It was very strong and we had to run away to survive. It stopped chasing us when it got Francis and dragged him back to its lair… we couldn’t do anything to save him. Anyone has any idea of what the hell that thing was?
    Iñaki: I have seen another creature like that, and I am fairly sure they are Cave Bears, mutated by the influence of this world. If you have to run away from one, take into account they can’t cross the narrow passages. I don’t recommend taking on one unless your group has enough firepower to kill it in a matter of seconds, something difficult since they seem to be able to shrug off low-level spiritual attacks. I greatly recommend having someone capable of using magic in your group when navigating these tunnels.

Chet: Kuroki and I went to the lower levels in an attempt to get to the Spire. They are absolutely plagued by goddamn Nosferatu. One bit me in the goddamn ass! We are going to have to attempt another route because fuck them.
    Corinne: The Nosferatu are nocturnal in habits. They don’t have to worry about daylight down there, but they are always more active at night. Try to only go to the lower levels during the day.

Lin: We found a natural spring on the second level. It is the only absolutely safe zone I have seen in this area, and monsters steer clear of it for some reason. Shu believes the passage at the north of the spring brings us to the Metropolis. I am starting to think space in this world is really wonky…
    Shu: The water of the spring has healing properties.
    Blanc: I can confirm the existence of the spring and its properties. I would like to know why the monsters avoid it, but I found no clues about this matter.
    Nathalie: We are going to use the spring as a temporary base of sorts. No way to obtain food here, but we’ll make do.

Lena: My group was captured by a Devil patrol. They searched us and for the way they spoke, they were seeking something. They started to discuss what to do with us, and then were suddenly attacked by some sort of dark spirit. We used the chance to escape, but suffered losses. Anyone knows what the deal is with them?
    Jayla: I bet you ain’t that cocky now. I heard them devils really like uptight bitches like you. What’s up? Was your cunt too dry for them?
    Iñaki: There are some few Devil patrols sent periodically to watch over the area, and to search for something, though I got no idea of what it is. They don’t answer to any of the “Archdevils” I know of, and attack us Survivors on sight if they find us in the tunnels. Avoid them at all costs.

Julian: Circumstances have forced our hand, and my group is going to try to go in blind. We are probably not going to make it, but at least we’ll die trying.
    Yuri: Don’t go there without a map or without the Allard sisters to guide you! Why the hell would you do that?
    Garland: There goes a very valiant man. I hope you guys luck out and survive.

Blanc: They did not make it.

[There is a big blank space here, indicating that various messages were lost over a long period of time]

Giovanni: That crazy African chick hid here. I am not gonna send good men to a sure death, so we will stop the chase for now. There is no way she is going to live long in these tunnels, but just to be on the safe side, be careful. There is a murderer on the loose.

Blanc: We have searched every inch of the first ten levels and we haven’t found what we were searching for. We tried to go lower, and entered some kind of catacombs. There were lots of skeletons and undead monsters there, and… something else that attacked us and we couldn’t defeat. We later found a dying Devil down there, and it called those things ‘Abyssals’, but couldn’t tell us much else before he bit it. I am very sure by now that on the lowest level of these tunnels there is some kind of unseen horror who is influencing the whole area.
    Corinne: We have decided to leave the area. We’ll be back some day… we have to find what happened to them. However, we aren’t strong enough to go further down. We recommend that nobody else tries to either, it is practically suicide.
    Nathalie: As a note, on the eleventh level we found a path that goes to Pandemonium.

[Another long blank here]

Jin: I killed the mutant Devourer, as I was asked to. I’ve noted an increase in the number of Oni in the zone, especially the more dangerous black variant. I also have left a copy of the map of the Metropolis route. For my part, I am going to take the long way. Fuck this whole place.

Lune: Why didn’t anyone tell me about this? This place is so fun~
    Lune: It has some of everything! Been a while since I enjoyed myself like this.

[A third long space, even longer than the two that came before]

Yuzuki: Hina-san, if you read this, know that we have made it out of there safely. We’ll use the usual spot to reunite and decide our next course of action.
    Silvers: I saw one of those big-ass snakes of the tunnels go out the entrance towards the Sea of UNKNOWN.
    Silvers: No, nevermind that, the thing is even bigger than the usual fare. This is the last goddamn straw. I’m outta here.

In addition, she also remembered the map of the zone that had been shared with them. If they had reached the Abyss Crossing, that placed them on the northwest edge on the Zone, slightly northeast of the Garden of Eden and a few ways off from Zeus. She was surprised that it had only taken them a few days to cover such a distance- The Zone was far smaller than she'd initially thought.

That, or it was messing with their perception of time.

She looked at her other teammates, as well as Lune, all of whom stared at her after her outburst. Her cheeks reddened there, for a moment- She'd spoken without thinking, maybe she shouldn't have revealed that, but now that she had she might as well explain herself.

"You wrote a message, on the Twisted Tunnels' entrance. It was..." Tomomi's words tapered off, as a cold chill crawled down her back. It was insane, she wanted to say, but knew better than doing so.

Everyone else had been concerned, frustrated or downright scared of the area, Lune had been the sole exception. Fun, she'd called it, as if anything in this area could ever be called fun. Taichi was definitely right, she realized, the girl in front of them was far from trustworthy. Worse than that, she was dangerous. All Survivors they'd met knew far more than they let on, but they had yet to meet someone who openly declared themselves as an information broker.

Until now, she supposed.

"...It really fits your character." Tomomi finished lamely, with a compliment that didn't really sound like it. God, that was smooth you girl. She refrained the urge to giggle nervously.

Still, even if Lune was far from a weakling, and Tomomi would hesitate to trust her right away, she'd still gone through the trouble of introducing herself. It was only polite for them to do the same.

"...My name is Tomomi." She took a step forwards, greeting her in a crisp bow. "It's good to meet you here, Lune-san, but I'm afraid we've not much to trade right now. Perhaps we could spare some bedrolls or camping equipment, some of our clothing, and we also have some cooking instruments, but as it is most of what we brought is strictly necessary for our exploration. It's not very useful stuff beyond making the trip easier on us, though, and it's not really our property so much as our entire group's."

Maybe if she was hungry they could share some of their food with her, but that clearly wasn't the case.

"...Actually," Tomomi spoke up, realization dawning on her. "We do have some special goods we could trade here and now."

They had yet to use any of the loot they'd grabbed from Juan Marquez, and while scarce it wasn't insubstantial. Tomomi would hesitate to give up the Grimoire for anything that wasn't equivalent, but then again she didn't even know what the Grimoire's full potential was. Nim had called it mid-rank, but she had nothing else to compare it with.

Selling it until she had a more complete understanding would be ill-conceived.

On the other hand...

"Henry over there," She gestured to the Councillor. "He has a handful of alchemical reagents that a Survivor we encountered had been carrying." When she realized how wrong that sounded, she explained herself. "We didn't want to kill him- He went insane and attacked us, turned into one of the 'Lost'."

Now, normally Tomomi wouldn't want to admit that she'd killed another person, but dealing with a Survivor like Lune, she would definitely be suspicious of where they got orderly packed and processed magical reagents outside of an Inhabitant or someone else.

She reckoned that telling the truth was probably the better thing to do.

"I also have his Grimoire, but I'm not interested in trading that. Finally..." She thought about the last thing, the one that had seemed odd to her. "We've got this."

She pulled out the thing, for lack of a better word to describe it. It was like a ghostly wisp, but it had a tangible presence to it, and she could manipulate it with her touch. It felt almost fragile, too, as if squeezing down with her hand could cause it to burst.

She pocketed it back after she was sure Lune had the time to examine it, and cleared her throat. "As far as interesting things go, that's all I've got. I won't speak for the others, but they might have personal gear they'd want to trade for something else. I think my brother might be interested in a sword?"

Tomomi made a show of glancing at Taichi, at that point. She knew he wouldn't appreciate the gesture, but she imagined Taichi would stubbornly shut up and remain silent if she didn't. He didn't trust Lune in the slightest after all.

She wondered, though. What exactly did they need? She could think of a handful of things that would be useful for her. Any form of item that gave her an ability to move faster to distance herself from an enemy or reposition would be extremely useful. She'd love some means of protection, but any solution that covered up her weaknesses effectively would likely be too expensive to purchase.

Then there was the matter of information, and possibly services. Lune didn't seem like a mercenary, and she hadn't mentioned companionship as an offer, but perhaps she could be persuaded to stick around? Maybe offered first pick of whatever they found as loot? It was worth thinking about, there was safety in numbers after all.

As for information... There was one thing she could think of. Ilse had mentioned that north from here there was something we might find important to us in particular, if Lune had come from the other side of the crossing then she might very well know what that was.

Still, no need to tell Lune what it was that she wanted. Tomomi had dangled the goods, what she should do now was hear Lune pitch her counter-offer.

"That's all we've got with us, here at least." She made the inflection intentionally, perhaps to draw her curiosity, and make evident that they weren't some kind of wandering hobos. She tilted her head. "If it would be to your interest, then yes- At least I'm interested in trading."

She just hoped she hadn't said too much, she'd rather the group didn't get angry at her.
    Last edited by Erlkonig; November 8th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Team Tacticool

Maybe it was simply the threat of death that kept your group alive and moving tonight.

The girl in Alexandra’s arms closed her eyes and trembled in fear. Remembering Zhenya’s words, she had been qualified as cowardly, and it showed, although it was hard to completely blame her for her inactivity. A cursory look had revealed that her left ankle was broken and bent into an unnatural angle… it was crazy to think she’d been able to climb up a tree and jump into the flying girl’s arms with one leg practically unusable.

Zhenya and Sherry looked numb in the case of the former, and the latter didn’t seem to care at all. They seemed more scared of the Chupacabra than anything else, and the little monster had already outpaced the rest of the group easily, although she hanged back to not completely go out of sight.

Gwen was in evident pain, but once Zhenya was better able to move, she sped up as well. She looked wild-eyed and scared, but she still kept her cool. The movements she used to push through the jungle weren’t those of an amateur, and it was enough to make one wonder about her background.

Of course, Alexandra had flight, and Michael was Michael, so other than Sherry, you two were the ones handling the race better. The Canadian was somewhat slowed due to his wounds and the heat, but he forged ahead with ease. No, the real issue was…

Hiyori looked to be completely panicked. Kyle’s death had pushed her past the point of fear into straight terror. She hadn’t completely lost her head, but she was slower than the rest of the party, and could barely keep up with the wounded members, mostly due to not being hurt herself.

With Kyle gone, so were gone the effects of his spiritual power and the blessings that he had unleashed upon the rest of the party. It had already been a difficult proposition to leave these Oni behind with them, but now it was practically impossible. You didn’t have enough speed and momentum to outpace them completely, not while being slowed down by this endless jungle.

Furthermore, all the noise had quite clearly alerted all sort of nasty critters, and you had already passed by some Monsters attracted by the chase, a duo of strange undead with plants growing out of their zombified frames, which had tried to surprise Michael with a permanent haircut. Thankfully, they were still quite uncoordinated in difficult terrain, and the boy had been able to dodge and leave them behind.

Not everything was bad news, however. You had seen one of the wounded Blue Oni being impaled through the head by a long red tongue before being hauled upwards and devoured, so you weren’t the only ones being targeted by the different nasties, at least.

Still, the Red Oni refused to give up the chase, and you were simply not leaving them behind with speed alone. And while you could keep this up for a while yet, the high speed chase would unavoidably come to an end the moment one of you tripped…

quotes

Masaki Tomomi

"..."

It doesn't need to be said that I don't like where this is going. Call me distrustful, but the more time that goes on, the more convinced I become that any sort of encounter in this world is better avoided. This situation, for example, has had me on edge since the very beginning. In a sense, this is a person (If she can be called such) different from others we've interacted with. It's hard to describe... But it feels almost as if the danger exuded by this so called Lune were palpable. She's someone I cannot acknowledge even if I have no definite proof to claim that she's an enemy.

"..."

She claims she is here to trade. I am not very exited about it, but it quickly becomes clear that others might be at least willing to give it a try. And, of course, one of such people had to be my younger sister, Tomomi. Tomomi is brave and intelligent, and it goes without saying that she has more idea than I do of who we're dealing with, and yet, she speaks with Lune with such transparency that I would instinctively rush to cover her mouth if I had the chance to do so. Her innocence is a precious treasure, yet at times like these, I feel like it could easily turn into a double-edged sword. No one can be prepared for what awaits in this world, for we have barely scratched the surface of what it truly is, however, I think it is safe to say that naivety is not a skill that would do one much good in the long run.

... Now, out of good will, this person knows a lot more than they initially did.

Don't get me wrong. Against someone like her, gaining the upper hand in an argument would be difficult to say the least. But Lune is the one who considers herself a trader and the one who decided to station herself here, so it's reasonable to say that out of the two parties, she was the one who's most interested in doing business. Or, perhaps, it would be best to say that, since she made all those preparations after becoming aware of our arrival, she was set on doing business anyways. Hence, there was no need to provide any info about our group. Our names and our equipment are not things she should have been allowed to know.

Because she said it herself, didn't she?

It wasn't just anyone she was expecting, it was most likely us.

And since it would be pretty obvious that we lack any sort of currency ran on this world, if any, that could mean only one of two things.

Either this girl has an interest in an item that from the beginning she suspected we could have had in our possession.

Or...

I turn towards the group.

The reality of the situation is that at this point I cannot hope to prove my point without any sort of support. I would love to lash at Lune some more, exposing her for what she really is, but we are a community. This is not the sort of dilemma we should be facing alone, on a case by case basis.

We should think as a team, because the outcome of our decision will surely affect us all.

"Before we make any sort of decision, we should gauge the benefits of this interaction versus the costs. And, personally, I think we should be more interested in the latter than in the former. Let's not look at what she has to offer until we are sure we can afford what she's asking for."

Allowing us to look at her wares first would be a clear attempt to entice us to take something with us. Given how enthusiastic the younger members of this team can be in that regard, I think we should prevent that from happening.

"After all..." I turn to face the stranger once more. "Trading is an art that's not merely limited to the exchange of objects."

I hope I am mistaken but...

It's likely that this person might want us to do something for her in return for her services.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers