Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanomachy (IC)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 1st Floor)
    Time: Day 1 – Afternoon

"Hah."

He was almost there! The fresh air was increasing in strength, the cool wind was getting rid of his sweat, and Jordan was sure that eventually one of the cracks in the walls would be low enough for him to climb out of. The strange light beckoned him like a protein shake after a hard day's practice.

"Hah."

It sucked that he hadn't met any students, though. Almost made a guy want to pray for assistance...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    “What are you doing, you idiot?” “Don’t just stand around! Run!”
    "SHIT!"

Jordan skidded to a halt, made the sharpest about face he'd ever done in his life, and set off running in the opposite direction. Only a glimpse of the six crows had been enough for him to know that they were Bad News, and he did not want to be losing his eyes to their shiny beaks. The happiness of seeing some familiar faces had already been completely overshadowed by yet another deadly situation, this time without a cute girl to blast it away.

He slowed down enough to merge with the group, running a steady pace beside Gabriel. The cries of the mutated crows were too close by for comfort, and he wasn't sure, but it sounded like they were gaining pretty quickly.

"Hey," Jordan panted. "The nearest intersection is like 5 minutes away, guys. Don't think we're gonna make it."

One of the crows screeched especially loudly. Jordan winced. He dared a look back and quickly turned forward again. He didn't really know much about birds, save that most of them could easily fly faster than any human, even a star athlete, could run. With Gabriel having to carry someone, they weren't going to make it far before either getting tired and slowing down, or being easily overtaken by murderous crows that, while not as terrifying as zombies, were still pants-shittingly scary.

"Oh right," he remembered. "There's also zombies that way! Just so you know!"

Fuck. They were going to die. He was gonna die, those people were gonna die, that witch was gonna die, everyone was gonna die...

No. Not like this. This wasn't how it would go! Jordan J. Jones was not going to be pecked to death by flying chickens!

"Can't we punch 'em to death or something?! They're just crows, right!?"

Another screech. This one was closer. He was panicking now. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

Get away... they had to get away!

...no, they had to kill those fucking birds somehow.

It was a familiar situation. Jordan didn't think of himself as particularly smart, but his mind easily made the connection. It was just like a game. He had the ball and was running from half the team. He was tired, and they were gaining. He had no way out.

And then Baumer, fucking Baumer would come along and smash those pursuers out of the way. If it had been Adam, those birds would've been flattened in seconds. Jordan knew that, knew he couldn't even dream of doing something like that. He hated the idea. That there was something Adam could do that he couldn't.

He could get away, he knew. He was pretty fast, maybe faster than the birds even. If he pushed himself even farther than before, he could make it. But that was wrong. That wasn't what he needed to do. He needed to make sure the four people with him survived somehow. And running... was doomed to fail. His only strength was next to useless when it counted.

Not this time.

"...not this time. Guys, be ready."

It was a split second decision, done on impulse more than anything. If asked why he did it, Jordan would shrug, because he didn't know. Perhaps it was deliberately spitting on survival instinct. Maybe it was misguided selflessness. It didn't matter. Only results mattered.

Earlier he thought that he'd never before done such a sharp 180. This one was even sharper. He braked, somehow managing not to lose his balance. In one motion, Jordan spun in place and launched himself at the murder of crows with one fist outstretched, turning himself into a human rocket. No... a human railgun!

"RAAAAAGH!"

At least two... no, at least half of them! He had to distract the bastards, even if it was just breaking up the swarm slightly. Push them away from the others, like that fucking prick Baumer!

Revealed
    Assist Crash: [Can choose to hinder an enemy during an action, lowering their AGI by 5 for a turn, or ??? ??? ???. Also allows for increased situational awareness, and increases bonus of team maneuvers]

Xth Gear: [When activated, you get +5 to STR, DEF, AGI and EVA. However, for each turn it is active, you lose 5 HP]
    Last edited by Bloble; February 14th, 2014 at 01:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Masaki Tomomi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 3rd Floor)

Tomomi stared at the ghost before them with horror. "No way, that's..." Tomomi was horrified that she could identify this person in the first place. It had only been from passing glances and observations, but she knew the student was one of the upperclassmen that went to the school with them. What was before them wasn't an illusion- It was a real person... One who was no longer human.

She shivered, her body frozen in shock at the realization that any of them could also become something like that- When Lavrenti's reaction shook her out of her stupor. "Wait, Lavrenti!" Tomomi moved to stop him. "What are you going to do!?" She was amazed that he wasn't scared of this situation, but even Tomomi could see the man was ready to charge in.

"Don't just rush in, he'll hit you with those chairs!" Tomomi didn't wish to see the person they had just helped be smashed to a pulp by whatever that thing was.

She was going to say something else, but the words died on her throat. We should just run- ...Run away, where exactly? Tomomi faintly realized that her knees were shaking, but she didn't care right now. Lavrenti was right in what he was doing. They couldn't run away anymore. All it would lead to would be more trouble. Their only choice... Was to stay and fight.

But... What could Tomomi do?

The girl released Lavrenti, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She was useless. Her memory, her intellect- It was completely useless in this world she knew nothing about, and she didn't have the strength to beat up people like her brother.

She couldn't protect anyone. She would never be able to protect her brother in this world.

If she thought about it, wasn't it completely unfair...? Her fists started to clench as this thought ran through her head.

Annoying.

This world was... annoying.

She hated it. The monsters, the ghost, the alien landscape... She absolutely reviled it. There was nothing for her here. She couldn't even be sure if her brother was alive.

She just wished it would all... Disappear!

Tomomi snapped up her gaze again, this time glaring at the ghost. That's right. Why... Why do you even exist!? The despair she was feeling right now... It was just like back then. She couldn't stand it. She wanted to destroy this feeling.

And it was all this stupid thing's fault...!

"Shinoko-san, Lavrenti! Spread out, it'll be harder for him to aim!"
    Her words were contradictory to what she had shouted earlier, but she had changed her mind. If there was no choice but to fight, then she would fight.

Even if all she could do was distract the monster until it killed her.

[Tomomi is preparing to Evade]

---

It was just another normal day in the classroom. The teacher had left, and everyone was happily chatting about random nonsense, relieved the boring class was over.

-Well, all except a single girl.

"What's the matter, book bug?" A chorus of laughters echoed the girl's voice as she noticed that Masaki Tomomi was ransacking through her bag, seemingly in a panic.

The japanese student doubled back, snapping her bespectacled gaze up like a deer in headlights. "I-t's nothing, L-lizzie..." The girl flinched away from the leader of the little clique, avoiding her haughty glare.

"Is that so...?" The girl smirked, and a quiet round of giggles followed behind her. Her shadowcast eyes seemed invisible to Tomomi, but even she couldn't miss the cruel malice behind that smirk.

"You know Tomomi, isn't it around lunch time? Generally you would already be running off with your little meal by now, wouldn't you?" The cruel smirk distorted in Tomomi's mind, turning into a ghostly sneer.

"-! You...!" The bookish girl recoiled, her heart filling with dread as she realized what was coming next. She couldn't have... She couldn't possibly have!

"Sounds like I was right! Well, I noticed it, and like the good friend I am, I couldn't help but feel sorry for you. So... I brought you a special lunch..."
    Elizabeth Jones extended her hand, and one of the girls circling her gave her a semi-transparent box Tomomi knew well.

She trembled as the box was slammed down on her desk. "
    ...My treat." Again, a chorus of maddened laughter followed.

Tomomi's shaking hands grasped at the box's lid, knowing she had no choice. All she could do was take this torture without a word. With a snap, the lid came off, and Tomomi could behold the contents inside.

She gasped in horror, as tears started to fall from her eyes. Her mother's lovingly prepared lunch, all gone... And replaced with one of her textbooks, dirtied and stained with bits of food.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well, you don't look so happy Tomomi, what's the matter? After all, books are your favorite meal, right?" The cacophony of giggles and cackles tore at her soul, the nightmarish chorus making her wish she could withdraw into herself and ignore everything surrounding her.

She hated this.

She hated this country. This school. Those who lived in here were all scum.

Sometimes... She wished that she and big brother had never left Japan. Maybe they would've been happier that way. Maybe she wouldn't have to live in such a cruel, unfair world anymore.

Sometimes, she just wished it would all... Disappear.

The world of memories faded into darkness, as swiftly as it surged from it.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Adam Baumer

"Hell if I know, Teach." Adam shrugs as he looks around.

"Woke in a room filled with..... ugh." Adam doesn't finish as he remembers the state of his starting place. The blood and gore splattered on the walls and floors, the mangled bodies of students, and then several of the bodies slowly lifting themselves up off the floor. He covers his mouth as he gags, bile slowly pushing itself through his throat. He turns away, trying to regain his composure; he swallows his sickness as he takes long breathes to calm his stomach.

This couldn't be real. None of this. It had to be a dream.

And yet it wasn't.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand

The sound of snapping branches, falling leaves and air whipping past Cyrus' face silenced all thought in the young man's mind. All it had taken was a brief lapse of judgement and Cyrus' grip on the branch he was using to balance himself slipped for just a few seconds when he tried to swat away the giant crow on reflex. Losing his balance on poor footing led to the obvious outcome that was the current situation, and Cyrus closed his eyes, prepared to take a very hard, very painful fall. The density of the foliage had made it hard to gauge how high Cyrus had climbed, but he was certain that he had gone high enough to at least break a few bones if he was lucky.

Without luck Cyrus reasoned that the fall would be more than sufficient to outright kill him, but the sudden pair of shockingly strong arms that abruptly stopped his fall reminded Cyrus that luck was always with him.

Silently, Cyrus stared up into the eyes of his savior, incapable of stretching or twisting his mental faculties in any way that could find the right thing to say or do. Suddenly the image of the redheaded girl in the hallway on the verge of wetting herself disappeared from memory, replaced by the slightly more masculine, more dependable sight of Cecily holding Cyrus in a picture perfect bridal carry. Curiously, Cyrus felt his cheeks fill with an unfamiliar warmth as Cecily set him down. Whether that warmth was from the blood dripping from the peck wound on his face or from something else, Cyrus would never find out, as Cecily broke the brief silence.

“I think we should run back. Now.”
    With those words Cyrus felt his mind piece together, if only a bit, becoming aware of the new avian arrivals. Cyrus' turned to answer, freezing in place with his mouth hung ajar, frozen in place as he searched for something to say as his flustered mind began to overheat.

"... Yeah. Okay." Wiping blood off his face with his sleeve, Cyrus turned back to toward the school and raced forward into the darkness alongside Cecily.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 5th Floor)
    HP:39/ SP: 85/ Self: 90

Well this was certainly not a good situation.

A wave of undead, as well as the slime, seemed to have decided that the two of us were a much better target than each other. I realize that it's probably my fault, and while I do feel guilty for a moment, that feeling passes as I realize we need to get to and up the stairs right now or get swarmed by the enemy.

I can't take too many more hits, and the female zombies can actually catch me, so-!

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    “We have to run away! We cannot defeat them right now!”
    The idiot's partner seems to agree.

"She's right," scrambling to my feet with my usual grace, I grab ahold of the boy's arm and sprint for the stairs, unwilling to leave unless he was right alongside me, "Let's go, hero boy."

I'm not sure about whether or not slimes can climb stairs, but I really hope they can't, or at the very least, that they are really slow about doing so.

Tch-!

Just finish each other off and leave us alone already you stupid monsters-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Marissa Eren
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN - Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway - ?? Floor)
    Time: Day 1- Afternoon

There's just no escape... There's no way around it... No way through it... No matter where I go-! No matter how far I run-! Monsters... Monsters just keep coming after us!

Standing here, squeezing the living hell outta Rowina's hand, my entire body is riddled with unease. My mind is still swimming in absolute chaos...and the rest of my senses are just falling apart. My throat is dry and I feel like I can vomit any moment now, due to the stress. The tiny spec of spit left in my mouth only serves to preserve the foul taste of this air and yet I can't bear to let it go. Only static fills my ears... Almost as if someone broke the TV and turned the volume all the way up... And of course, my vision is getting worse and worse. Whether or not its the tears or the searing pain in my head, everything is just going out of focus. But what's worse of all... is knowing that, despite the situation, I can't help but think about just how horrible I feel!

I want to go home.

I want to go home and stop this heart of mine from beating like this!

I want to return to the sanctity of my room. I want to return to that quiet, serene darkness people call sleep.

I simply can't handle this... I absolutely cannot handle this!

Just thinking about it all is making me dizzy... I'm getting motion sickness without even moving! And yet, in spite of it all, these frail legs that are shaking pathetically underneath just won't give out! ...Why, dammit!? Why can't I just give in and let it all be over with!?

"..."

...Is it because of Rowina? ...No. That can't be it. ...At the end of the day, I'm a coward. Rowina may be the president of my club, but ultimately, she's no one to me. If I had to choose, I'd definitely leave her to die and save myself... Right? After all, I don't like pain... And I'm sure I'd like dying even less.

"... ... ..."

Yet still, I can't come up with anything. Fear occupies every process of my mind, so I can't come up with anything...

In the end, I can only let go. I can only let go and watch myself as I shamble forward, like a handicapped idiot. My breath is ragged like a woman in love... And an unbearable heat steadily starts to build up in my body alongside it. I can't even see straight... And my hands won't stop shaking... But regardless of these facts, I reach out aimlessly, in search of a weapon... With a new terror gradually advancing towards me, I proceed in the only manner I know how...

I don't exactly understand what's going on, but one thing is clear...

"I must kill them..."
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Lacie
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – ?? Floor)

As I run, images flash through my head... no, calling them images would be wrong. The best way to describe them is that they were like a shadow illuminated by a faint light, as odd as that sounds. They were faint, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Goblin
    “There is a very big spot of spiritual power in a room of the second floor. Another strong one is wandering around the fifth floor… and then there is a very big spot of spiritual power in the entrance. Maybe many awakened humans there? It is very hard to read this place, it is like there was something obscuring it.”
    I nod, digesting the information, taking it apart and assessing each piece.

"Alright... I want to get further away from the entrance, if possible, so we should try to head for the fifth-"

I instinctively jump back. I don't even know why, but for a second, I felt intense dread. No, never mind, it's still continuing as a darkened figure approaches me. It's one of the janitors, but now he looks more like a corpse, with fangs, and claws, and - wait, those aren't on corpses.

I take a step back. Something deep inside me feels fear, like a mouse being locked in a cage with a cat. That's right, right now I'm just the mouse...

“Oh? Interesting… this one is strong, especially for your kind. Well then, girl. I’ll support you for this one, so gimme a good show of what you can do!”
    And just like that, it stops. Max would smack me over the head if he could, I'm sure. Well, no matter - the goblin is right; this new creature (zombie?) is strong, dangerous: it would kill me in a heartbeat if I didn't defend myself. Well, too bad, corpse man - you're going to play the part of the mouse for me.

"Right," I narrow my eyes as I face down this unnatural, dead thing. It creeps me out, but it's standing between me and the rest of the corridor, so it has to go.

"Deimos, come out and kill it."

The shadows cast on the wall next to me bubble and rise, like scraps of cloth or rising liquid that keeps bursting apart. Of course it's only shadows, only shadows, nothing wrong about it at all-

A single wing of something greater, a bony limb that sprouted long feathers like steel razor blades, lashed out at the creature in front of me with incredible speed, emerging in an instant from the shadows.

It hasn't fully come out yet, but as the wing aims for the neck of the creature in front of me, the bone and steel and shadow that is the manifestation of my power is about to emerge. Just a second or two longer, and I'll kill this mouse in front of me- no, not even a mouse; an insect. That's all these people are, sometimes... just insects.

Precision Attack Attempted

Status Screen

Name: Lacie/Max L. Rowan
    Race: Enhanced Human

Stats

STR: 15/16
    DEF: 10/11
    AGI: 16/17
    SPI: 20
    EVA: 21/22

SP: 105/120

Perks

Two for the Price of One
    Since Max was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder, the two personalities that make up “Max” share equal time in his/her body. (???)
    [When Lacie is on, STR and DEF are lowered by 4, and SPI, SDEF, EVA and AGI are increased by 2. ???]

Invocation: Demios, the Queen of Hearts
    The Queen of Hearts takes the form of a bubbling, blackened shadow that vaguely resembles a tall woman before it physically manifests from that shadow. When physically manifested, Demios takes the form of a [???], wrapped in rags. It has two large, razor sharp wings which it uses for its main method of attack. It can also defend Lacie somewhat, as it can be placed in front of physical attacks to deflect them. It must remain within a certain range of Lacie at all times. ???
    [15 SP is used to summon Demios, which costs 5 SP to maintain. If Demios is hit with a physical, Max/Lacie receive damage as normal, but said damage is reduced by 10. Attacks with Demios sharpened wings deal SPI damage, and can cause level 1 bleeding, with smaller chances of level 2 bleeding. Demios’ speed, overall, is 20. ???]
    Last edited by Mooncake; February 23rd, 2014 at 01:28 AM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Washington Irving

"Hmmm," said Small Government aloud. On the one hand, there was a door with a normal electric light. On the other hand, there was a door that looked like a gateway to hell with blue light everywhere. Well, blue hell. "Luddie, m'am, I feel as if it would be best to go to the place that looks normal. Would you mind opening the door? Should it be stuck, I lack very much leverage."

Small Government bravely delegated the task to opening the door to the person who could actually reach the knob, and very bravely was ready for her to go first, since he was a bird and could not sustain physical damage. The entire situation was very suspicious to him; it smacked of mysterious powers acting in organization. A governmental organization, you might say. Perhaps some kind of conspiracy, it was.

He hadn't the foggiest of an idea what it might be, since he was - yes - a bird and didn't know much about these kinds of things. But what else was it? He hadn't the foggiest idea either. And once you've eliminated the impossible, only the improbable, however improbable it might be, must be the truth.

In the meantime: food. And/or a medic, he wasn't picky.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Masaki Taichi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Room – 5th Floor)

It's a strange sensation.

The zombie that was trying to eat the girl is now dead and I know exactly how that came to be. The technique, the angle, the force behind the blow. I am instinctively aware of several values related to my attack just now that I shouldn't be able to calculate without time and complex formulas. Yes, I understand: This is my power, Einherjar... An ability which will grant me absolute skill over any weapon I come in contact with... A supernatural blessing which takes its name from the chosen slain warriors in Norse Mythology, who prepare themselves day after day for the battle of Ragnarok.

I know all this and yet... I have no idea of what is going on. For the first time since we arrived at this place, I take a moment to question the surreal atmosphere that surrounds me, perhaps at a time in which it's not appropriate. Why did everyone turn into living dead? Why does the school feel so different? Where did my sudden power-up come from? Before I know it, I am standing in front of the fallen girl, staring at her absentmindedly, my head lost in thoughts. This has to be a dream, I tell myself over and over as I try to find the reason why I haven't reached that conclusion earlier. It's only when the girl grabs my arm that I am reminded why this cannot be a dream.

The pain is there... And everything I feel is all too real.

"Shit!"

Finally coming back to my senses, I make the wrong call and take a look around as we sprint towards the stairs. There are even more zombies than before now and it seems the slime is also after our heads. And they all are amazingly fast... At this rate, we actually might...

Tch, stupid American.

If I am the hero, why the hell are you holding my arm and dragging me along, damn it-!

"Let go."
    With my superior strength, I free myself easily enough. "Running like this is uncomfortable, you'll just slow us down, idiot!"

When it comes to speed, it seems we are currently evenly matched. That means that if those zombies catch up, either one or the two of us will be caught. If that scenario were to come true, I need to be sure that I'll be the only one caught...
    Last edited by hero; February 20th, 2014 at 06:56 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Rosary Flowers
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway - ?? Floor)

“Quick… Rosary…” You heard your friend say in-between pained breaths “My chains… won’t be able to resist…”
    There is only one option and you'd have to be a dumbass to refuse it. Kill the healthy one or kill the weakened one? A fundamental law of goddamn video games is that if you can kill the healthier thing in the same time as the injured one, you kill the healthiest. It's faster, more efficient.

So I reach into the uninjured zombie's head and tear it apart from the inside.

stuff
    Stats
    DEF: 7
    AGI: 20 ->18
    EVA: 20 -> 18
    SPI: 12

HP: 42/60
    SP: 96/150

Perks
    Path of UNKNOWN

Having received something unknown in her body, Rosary’s power has been slightly changed, and so has been the effect caused within her soul when casting it. As she now has a deeper synchronization with it, beneficial effects are achieved when the power is casted. If this something unknown is allowed to grow, something interesting may happen.
    [When using her Spiritual Power, Rosary recovers 5 HP. Her Spiritual Power has been slightly improved.]

Awakened Power
    [Ghosts ~ With a Fading Touch]

The ability to render things intangible. As a result it is very effective in terms of escaping or avoiding blows but can only work on Rosary herself and items she can see within a ten meter radius. She can make another person intangible, but she has to have tactile contact.
    [Can make a person she is touching or herself intangible, becoming immune to physical damage, and gaining the ability to go through physical obstacles. Costs 15 SP, and has a duration of 2 turns. Can be deactivated at will.]
    [By making a part of her body immaterial, she is able to put said part through a target’s body, and rematerialize it, causing SPI x2 physical damage. Costs 12 SP.]

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice

Power. Five letters, one word. Far, far too simple for it to describe whatever it was that Johnny could do. He had no answer for the man - not even one for himself. "Dunno, mate." he responded, easily and clearly. "Seems that it channels a ton of power into my arm, an' I can release it when I hit anything. It's like a fishing pole, see? Ya can cast it out, but without anything nearby..."

Johnny threw a quick jab at the air, shrugging his shoulders as nothing happened. "It doesn't even break the air. Sorry mate, looks like we'll need to run into some nasties 'fore ya can categorize my arm!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Dylan Rory McNeill
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Classroom – ???)
    Turn 6

Well that’s finally over, about time that creature was truly annoying but now onto a more intriguing topic, my pretty little acquaintances. So the different voices arouse from there being more than one it seems, I wonder if it’s something like they were twins in life or maybe something a single being splitting or having multiple bodies to express itself. Then theirs their disposition mania and madness a dangerous combination …yet one that is immensely fascinating, hehehe monsters, superpowers and who knows what else I'll find next, fascinating, intriguing, utterly intoxicating, how truly wonderful AHAHAHAHA.

Suppressing my curiosity and delight I go back to focusing on the situation at hand. Oh dear it seems my bad habits are acting up again, I should really stop getting caught up in the flow and forget about self-preservation, wouldn’t want to die after all. On the bright side it doesn’t seem like the girls are interested in enjoying a Scottish bonfire, I’ll have to think of things to keep it that way.

Calling the attention of the two ghosts I decide to see if I can rope them into helping me some more. “My ladies I thank you for your assistance and would like to make a proposition. I would like for you to accompany me for the next little while. Before whatever it was that drew me here happened I was with a large group of people, the students of Zeus High, a rather quirky and interesting bunch if I must say so what do you say would you accompany me as I search for these lost friends? With all the monsters and who knows what else I'm sure we could make it such a wonderful party where strangeness abounds."

While waiting for a response I decide to try out this new wonder of mine, I’ll need a friend to help me scout even if those girls do decide to help me after all. Now let’s see, focus myself, summon what I need and shape it into what I want shouldn’t be hard it’s only creating life from the basic building blocks after all.

Closing my eyes and concentrating my energy in the palm of my hand I’m soon overcome by a feeling of vertigo and breathlessness. Steeling and pushing the feelings away I start to leaning on a nearby desk for support. Soon the sensations of the room start to be replaced one by one by a crushing presence as my consciousness begins to fade. This is …an ocean? I see this must be the core of the power ok now I need to focus on what I want, a small thing that can pass unnoticed. Soon after constructing the mental picture a feeling of electricity runs through my body, nngh god that feels weird and it’s more exhausting then I thought it would be.

Opening my eyes I survey my handiwork a small inky black fluff ball on stick legs rests in my eyes chirping at me in excitement. My how cute, now then it needs a name doesn’t. Leeeet’s see guess I’ll go through the alphabet as I name them so how about Alexander, yeah that will work nicely. Now then Alexander I’ll need you to scout out the rest of this floor for me, please make sure to be cautious and contact me before you get close to anyone or thing, good luck.

Watching as the little fluff ball vigorously nods its head before zooming out of the room, I turn back to my ghostly acquainted “Ahaha sorry about I thought it would be quicker, so have you reached a decision my lovely ladies?” I say as I give a quick bow of apology.

Wiseup
    Spoiler:
    Dylan
    HP: 84/120
    SP: 85

Perks:
    Devil’s silver tongue Focus Perk:
    [Relationships increase faster, up to a certain point. Influencing NPCs to see your point of view or to do things for you is easier, and penalties for having negative relationships are slightly reduced. Your lies are more effective, and it is hard for them to be seen through]

Spiritual Power: MINIONS ASSEMBLE! - Impure Army of the King.
    The ability to utilize and unknown material to create familiars that carry out will.
    [Can create a small familiar costs is 15 SP]

Minion Roster
    Spoiler:
    Alexander:
    A small creature with a great deal of black fluffy fur along with stick like arms and legs

Stats
    STR ??, DEF ??, SPI ??, S.DEF ??, AGI 20, EVA ??

Blog Entries
    Jordan J. Jones
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 1st Floor)
    Turn 1: The Five Stooges vs A Murder of Crows

You had expected to at least distract one or two of the crows, maybe half of them at best, but you had not expected them to be flying in a way that left them packed together so closely. You crashed against them, hindering all but one of them successfully, and reducing their speed.

“Shit, this is not… damnit. Lizzie, do it now! The others, keep on running!” Gabriel also turned around and pointed the blank-faced girl towards the crows, while he was still stepping back.

The girl’s expression shifted, showing some small surprise, before she nodded. “Okay! I am using it now. Duck!” she shouted towards you, and you obeyed.

Elizabeth extended her index finger, pointing it towards one of the nearby crows that seemed about to attack you. “Black!” and form her extended finger, surged forth a black light that crossed the distance between the girl and the crow in the blink of an eye.

Battle calculation

Blacklight’s Speed
    -13 (Blacklight’s SPD - Flight) < 15 (Mutated Crow’s EVA)
    Blacklight’s ATK
    -40 (Lizzie’s SPI x2) – 8 (Mutated Crow’s SDEF) = 32 damage
    32 – 50% = 16

The attack only grazed the crow, but it was enough to damage it heavily, causing blood and black feathers to rain down as it veered off course and hit the wall. One less to worry about. Shame there were also another five pissed off crows ready to rip you into shreds.

Then, you started to notice something strange, something that wasn’t quite right with you. When that ray of black light had passed nearby, your spirit had stirred. An extremely weird feeling invaded your brain, and you felt a flow of information that did not come from anywhere entering your mind, superposing itself to anything else. It told you things about what you could really do. About the power hiding within yourself.

Your spirit blazed.

In this very moment of salvation, in this very moment of hardship… you changed. You evolved.

And surpassed humanity.

You have become an Enhanced Human
    Stat cap is now 40
    Spiritual Power Awakened

Then, the crows attacked.

The first four were too slow to actually hit you. Your reflexes quickly took you out of the way of their massive beaks, but the fifth one, which had been unaffected by your hindering maneuver, was currently much faster than its congeners.

Battle calculation

Crow’s Speed
    20 – 5 (Mutated Crow’s AGI) < 25 (Jordan’s EVA)

Battle calculation

Crow’s Speed
    -20 + 5 (Mutated Crow’s AGI) = 25 (Jordan’s EVA)
    Crow’s Attack
    14 + 4 (Mutated Crow’s STR) – 10 (Jordan’s DEF) = 8 damage
    Jordan’s HP. 70 – 5 (Xth Gear) – 8 = 57

By launching itself at you, its incredibly sharp talons managed to hit you, and draw blood. Added to the strain caused by letting go of your muscle’s limits, it hit you harder than you thought it would.

“Hey, Jordan! Look, you probably have awakened a power right now, and you are probably pretty confused, but we have to run the fuck out right now. We cannot fight these damned crows in this place, so let’s find somewhere with lower attitude where they can’t just fly away from our attacks, okay?” Gabriel shouted as he turned back and started to run again. You noticed the girl he had called Lizzie had one of her legs covered with blood.

Wise up!

Name: Elizabeth Jones
    Race: Human
    Attributes: Human, Unbound
    Spiritual Rank: 1

Stats:

Spiritual Power

Blacklight Transparently - ???
    Details unknown.

Black: A black-colored light that instantly breaks down anything that it touches, and is meant for offensive use.
    [Spiritual Attack. Deals SPI x2 damage, and has speed 18. Costs 12 SP]

--------------------

Name: Jozefa Czajka

Stats:

Agility: 22

Perks:

(Focus) Track Running Expert
    A talented expert at running since a young age, Jozefa has always made use of it, and has become knowledgeable about many running techniques. Adding this to her powerful legs, her light body, and her sheer love for running, makes her one of the fastest teenagers of the world.
    [Penalties due to difficulty terrain are greatly reduced. A bonus of +2 AGI is obtained when running, and can be increased depending on how much preparation time she has for her run. Small modifiers are obtained when running away from battle, and exhaustion is decreased slightly]

Masaki Tomomi

Shinoko obeyed your words, and you and her moved away, splitting up and increasing the distance between each other. However, Lavrenti remained put, stoically staring up to the ghost, his hand clenching the button he had taken off his uniform.

Upon seeing lost his chance of attacking all of you at the same time, the expression of the ghost twisted, going from maddened glee to psychotic anger with absurd speed. “Little bitches should stay put and wait for their turn to be raped!”

With that scream, three of the chairs floating behind the ghost flew towards Shinoko with thundering noise.

Battle calculation

This Chair’s Speed
    -20 (Projectile’s SPD) > 14 (Shinoko’s EVA)
    This Chair’s Attack
    -25 + 2 (Decayed Soul [HS]’s SPI) – 16 = 11 damage
    Total damage = 33

The girl had no chance to avoid the attack at all. The chairs slammed on her with a brutal noise, spraying blood with each impact. Shinoko was pulled backwards, and the chairs fell atop of her, burying her. Both chairs and girl stopped moving, and you could tell she had been heavily damaged by the attack just now.

However… at the moment the ghost attacked and lowered its guard… Lavrenti burst into action. The hand holding the button suddenly rose and fell. The button was thrown with incredible strength towards the ghost, a brilliant silver light surrounding it like a halo.

Battle calculation

Silver Shot’s Speed
    -19+4 (Lavrenti’s AGI) > 18 (Decayed Soul [HS]’s EVA)
    Laventi’s Attack
    -14+15 (Lavrenti’s STR + SPI) – 10 (Decayed Soul [HS]’s SDEF) = 19 damage

The button punched through the ghost’s frame like a bullet, and ghostly pale blood rained down from the air like a shower, turning the white uniform of the boy redder by the second.

“YOU FUCKER! HOW… HOW DARE YOU…”

“I don’t know who you were in your former life, kid.” Lavrenti calmly remarked as her ripped off another button of his uniform. “But this time, you have bitten far more than what you can chew.”

You felt extremely weird… having seen your fellow student suddenly use a power way beyond that of humans, that escaped your comprehension, it was like merely being near it had altered your spirit, changing you like a virus that had spread around the boy. The outpour of information that invaded your brain overwhelmed you for a moment.

Your spirit blazed.

In this very moment of despair, in this very moment of destruction… you changed. You evolved.

And surpassed humanity.

You have become an Enhanced Human
    Stat cap is now 40
    Spiritual Power Awakened

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Soul (Human Student)
    Race: Undead
    Attributes: Unliving, Ethereal
    Spiritual Rank: -1

Stats:

HP: 50
    SP: 150

STR: 0
    DEF: 0
    SPI: 25
    SDEF: 10
    AGI: 18
    EVA: 18

Perks:

Immaterial Body [Ethereal Trait]
    What before used to posses a body of flesh and bone, now possesses an ethereal imitation of what once was. Due to lacking existence in the physical plane, this new body generated by the decayed soul is completely unreachable by physical attacks, and only magical or spiritual attacks will be able to damage it.

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be an human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

Ghostfire
    Generation and manipulation of white ethereal flames capable of affecting not only the realm of the physical, but the realm of the immaterial. Meant for absolute annihilation of all living things.
    [Ghostfire – Spiritual ability. Creates Ethereal flames that deal damage equal to the caster’s SPI. Can light targets in fire and deal SPI x0.5 damage for 2 turns afterwards. Speed 25. Costs 10 SP]

Poltergeist
    Ability to manipulate objects via spiritual power, by ‘haunting’ them. Cannot be used on living targets unless weakened. Damage caused by thrown objects is equal to SPI plus the object’s modifier. Throwing small objects costs 7 SP, throwing medium objects costs 11 SP, and throwing big objects costs 16 SP. In cases where small or medium objects are thrown, speed is 20. In the case of big objects, speed is 15. Many objects can be haunted at the same time, but cost is accumulative. Once an object is haunted, it remains so until destroyed.

All enemy’s stats revealed.

---------------------

Name: Lavrenti Petrov

Stats:

STR: 15
    SPI: 15
    AGI: 19

Perks:

Marksmanship
    Details unknown.
    [When throwing an object, +4 to STR and AGI. Other effects unknown]

Spiritual Power

Silver Sharpshooter – Argent Hound
    By concentrating his spirit in a projectile, Lavrenti is capable of infusing it with his spirit to greatly augment its damage when thrown. Other details unknown.
    [Silver shot – Spiritual attack. Adds STR to Lavrenti’s SPI and transforms the attack into a spiritual projectile. Costs 10 SP]

---------------------

Name: Komiya Shinoko

Stats:

Defense: 16
    Evasion: 14

Adam Baumer

“Uhm… Teach, talking and all that is good, but what will we do now?” The one to interrupt the silence is Lizbeth, who holds her hand up like she was in class.

“Moores… what happened to your clothes?” Rebecca turned around towards her, and seemed to notice her particular outfit, the girl seemed embarrassed for the first time since you saw her.

“Well, I spawned near the pool, entered there, and most of the swimming club was there, and they were zombies. I killed most of them, but they shredded the fuck out of my uniform. Then I entered the school building through a side entrance, and spent like a hour escaping from things that chased me. Then I found this idiot being assaulted by zombies” she pointed towards you, “and then he found you, and here we are.”

Before you could protest at being called an idiot, Rebecca spoke once again, drowning your voice with hers. “Then I think we should get out of the building as fast as possible, if it is filled with… stuff like you say. Staying here is too dangerous. What do you think about this, Baumer?”

Cyrus Ferdinand

Cecily and you ran like the wind, the crows close behind. However, they did not seem very intent on following you, and after a while, they returned back towards their trees. You were now near the spot where you had come from before, near the wall of the school building. There, you two stopped to take a breath, tired as you were by your expedition and your sudden sprinting.

“Look, this time, we ain’t deviating from our path, got it? We are going directly to the gang’s hideout, and that’s it. No more fucking crazy ghosts and weird-ass crows and retarded zombies and motherfucking game-convention-breaking slimes and just plain old weird shit. This time we are going straight there. End of discussion.”

Her ranting seemed pretty incoherent, all things considered, and you had almost expected her to go ‘I am tired of these motherfucking monsters in this motherfucking school’ (which sadly did not happen), but she was probably right, and there was nothing better for you to do than to follow her.

This time, there was nothing in your path. The screams had ceased for the most part, and the noises of monsters had been reduced in intensity. You suspected that trapped students and monsters alike had probably suffered many losses, with most of your school’s survivors either having managed to find each other, or having died.

Without incident, you finally found yourself in front of the main entrance to the school, but Cecily insisted to keep going forward, towards the gang’s hideout, that wasn’t very far.

You would need to decide if you would continue forwards with her, or go into the school.

Marissa Eren

The first thing you managed to find was a piece of debris the size of your fist. As you moved forward towards the rotten carcass stumbling in front of you, you grab it, the reality of its touch bringing you a weird sense of security.

The undead creature advances… and you bash it in the face with all your strength.

Battle calculation

Marissa’s Speed
    -10 (Marissa’s AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    Marissa’s Attack
    -9+1 (Marissa’s STR + The Rock) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 2 damage

Hairline cracks spread through the piece of debris as you hit the monster with it. Some dried, rotten blood spread through the air and fell over the shoulder of your uniform’s jacket… but you could tell that even though you had damaged it, it had not been enough to hurt this thing deeply. You stepped back as the thing kept lumbering towards you.

“P-please go away! Don’t go near me…!” despite yourself, you couldn’t help but to spare a glance towards your fellow human, wondering how she was doing against the monster that had decided to approach her.

You saw her backing down, on the edge of wetting herself, evidently scared out of her wits by the presence of the former human’s grotesque shape. However, this zombie-like thing did not seem to care about her fear, as it moved with surprising speed, its claws scything through the air as it aimed to take out a chunk of Rowina’s face.

Battle calculation

Decayed Being [B]’s Speed
    -15 (Decayed Being [B]’s AGI) < 19 (Rowina’s EVA)
    Hit avoided

However… much to your own surprise, your club president moved at a speed you could never had suspected of her. Screaming like a banshee, she somehow managed to avoid the powerful claws of the monster, step into its territory… and counter with a strike of her own.

Battle calculation

Counter Strike activated
    Rowina’s Speed
    -14 (Rowina’s AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being [B]’s EVA)
    Rowina’s Attack
    -17+13 (Rowina’s STR + enemy’s STR/2) – 8 (Decayed Being [B]’s DEF) = 22

The crunching sound that you heard told you beyond any doubt that the zombie’s ribs had been shattered by the tremendous strike, and the way it was sent backwards confirmed your thoughts. However… the thing stood up, and advanced towards Rowina once again.

“I.. I am sorry… I did not intend to hit you… please stop… please…!”

You were forced to look away from her and her begging when the enemy you were fighting finally decided to strike. It crossed the distance you had made with your preemptive attack in a mere instant, and its claws suddenly attacked you from the side.

Battle calculation

Decayed Being [B]’s Speed
    -15 (Decayed Being [B]’s AGI) > 7 (Marissa’s EVA)
    Decayed Being [B]’s Attack
    -25 (Decayed Being [B]’s STR) – 19 (Marissa’s DEF) = 6 – 2 (Resilience) = 4 damage
    Marissa’s HP. 130 – 4 = 126

It did not cause you much damage… but you knew that you were in problems once its claws became stuck to your left side, grabbing you. Your instinct screamed at you… that if this thing kept grabbing you, something bad would happen. The presence of death increased… and you started to see everything blurred in red. The warning bells in your mind increased.

You needed to do something about the arm grabbing you.

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy)
    Attributes: Unliving

STR: 25
    DEF: 8
    AGI: 15
    EVA: 3

Perks:

Painless One [Unliving Trait]
    As an undead being that has abandoned the realm of the living, this creature is now a shambling monstrosity, a decayed spirit moving the decayed husk of what used to be its body. Due to this, undead beings are unable to feel any pain, no matter how much their body is battered. Breaking their limbs is useless, as only complete destruction of said limb would be able to stop them from using it. Their body will keep going no matter how gruesome or severe the wounds are, until it is damaged enough to become unable to serve as a vessel for the decayed spirit.

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be an human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

-------------------------

Name: Rowina Besley

STR: 15
    AGI: 14
    EVA: 20

Perks:

Self Defense Martial Arts
    Knowledge of martial arts used to defend oneself. Provides +2 to STR and DEF when fighting bare-handed, and allows creation of a single technique. Details of why Rowina employs or knows such martial arts are unknown.

Techniques:

Counter Strike
    Must be prepared the turn before. When avoiding the enemy after preparation, Rowina is allowed to counter for a normal attack, with half of the enemy’s STR added to her own.

Lacie
    Turn 1: Mahou Shoujo Lacie & Black Kyubey vs A Poor, Innocent Janitor

The absurdly sharp wing of your Demios made its way towards the corpse of the janitor, intent in cutting through its neck, and decapitating hit in a single shot.

Precision roll

Difficulty = 18
    Roll = 15
    Failure!

Battle calculation

Demios’ Speed
    -20 (Demios’ AGI) > 17 (Decayed Being [A]’s EVA)
    Demios’ Attack
    -20 (Lacie’s SPI) – 15 (Decayed Being [A]’s DEF) = 5 damage

Your attack failed to kill it. Instead, it opened a cut on its rotten apart body, making a very unpleasant noise as a liquid with horrible smell spilled from the gap formed in its broken body. Of course, for any other creature, such thing would cause high amounts of bleeding, followed by a horrible death… but for an undead being like this, that was trivial, and easy to walk off. The thing moved at an absurd speed towards you, and you attempted to back down. You felt a burst of shadow at your feet, and accelerated backwards…

Battle calculation

Decayed Being [A]’s Speed
    -25 (Decayed Being [A]’s AGI) < 26 (Lacie’s EVA + Shadow Burst)
    Decayed Being [A]’s Attack
    -35 (Decayed Being [A]’s STR + SPI) – 10 (Lacie’s DEF) = 25 damage
    25 – 25% = 19 damage
    Lacie’s HP. 100 – 19 = 81

An unholy aura wrapped around the being, as it managed to hit a glancing blow towards you. You felt the claws ripping through the front of your uniform, and striking your chest and stomach with incredible strength, drawing blood that soon spilled over the rest of your uniform, dying it red.

You rocketed backwards like a truck had just grazed you. You feel to the floor, and had to make use of all your willpower to get back up. Some of that unholy aura had penetrated in your body… and you felt something weird in your wounds

Afflicted with level 1 Sickness (Fester)
    (Wounds received will take longer time to heal, and the unholy aura stored within will cause them to fester, causing 5 damage every two turns)

Afflicted with level 1 Bleeding
    (Due to blood loss, lose 3 HP per turn)

Lacie has lost 3 HP due to bleeding

“You want to go to the fifth floor? Why? There are more chances of your fellow humans being at the entrance, you know?” The Goblin kept its conversational tone, unworried about the threat in front of you.

It was clear that you were at a heavy disadvantage in a frontal fight against this thing. Maybe it would be better for you to be cunning about this, or things would become very complicated for you.

Wise up!

Name: Decayed Being (Human Adult)
    Attributes: Unliving

HP: 100
    SP: 30

STR: 30
    DEF: 12
    SPI: 5
    SDEF: 15
    AGI: 25
    EVA: 17

Perks:

Painless One [Unliving Trait]
    As an undead being that has abandoned the realm of the living, this creature is now a shambling monstrosity, a decayed spirit moving the decayed husk of what used to be its body. Due to this, undead beings are unable to feel any pain, no matter how much their body is battered. Breaking their limbs is useless, as only complete destruction of said limb would be able to stop them from using it. Their body will keep going no matter how gruesome or severe the wounds are, until it is damaged enough to become unable to serve as a vessel for the decayed spirit.

Terrorize

Festering Wounds
    Its own body having decayed due to the influence of the spirit possessing it, when the Decayed Being hits an enemy, it is able to transmit part of this spiritual power to the wound it caused to the victim. This wound will fester, unlike any others, causing an unholy sickness to take hold of the victim, and if opened, it will bleed as if cursed.
    [Spiritual Ability. SP is added to STR for damage calculation. Inflicts Level 1 Sickness (Fester), and if the wound is opened, inflicts Level 1 Bleeding. Costs 5 SP]

All perks and stats have been revealed.

------------------------------------

Name: ???
    Race: Shadow Goblin?
    Attributes: ???
    Spiritual Rank: 3?

Perks:

Shadow Magic?
    Details unknown
    [Shadow Burst – Enhances a single stat by 5 for a single turn. Can be used twice in a turn for accumulative costs. Costs 15 SP]

Washington Irving
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Room – 6th Floor)

Ludmilla opened the door without any objection, and you entered through it, following her. It seemed to be just a normal room filled with school supplies that had fallen around everywhere with the not-earthquake from before. Apart from a bunch of boxes in both ends of the room, a closed cupboard, and a door on the other side of the room, there was nothing else here.

However, your instincts screamed. There was something wrong here. You were not alone.

Masaki Taichi & Rika Griffin
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Room – 5th Floor)

Thankfully, the zombies were bad at running in synchronization, and the slime had its movement path obstructed by the undead horde, which resulted in another fight between them breaking out. You made it to the stairs, but some of the former humans were just behind you.

With a last effort, you jumped over the stairs, and started running upwards, with Kaitlin bringing up the rearguard. Finally, you made it to the sixth floor, and turned around to see that no one had followed you up.

However, you had no time for a break, not just yet. Kaitlin burst through one of the doors, and after she yelled that the coast was clear, you entered through the door at full speed, and closed it behind you.

And finally, the three of you fell, catching your breaths after the fighting and the running. Even Rika was forced to stop. Even if you knew that Lara needed your help, to keep going right now would just make you exhausted, and that would help nobody.

The sixth floor was eerily quiet. The other floors had been filled with uncanny and horrible noises… but this floor was just quiet and silent, which was probably even creepier than the noisy atmosphere from before.

Kaitlin looked at her blood soaked uniform in disgust, before taking out her jacket and throwing it away. You knew how touchy she was when it came to personal hygiene, so this gesture was not very surprising. Finally, she turned towards you, or rather, towards Rika specifically, and addressed her

“I am Kaitlin Walterson, president of the Swordsmanship Club. You are… one of the aces of the Acrobatics Team, Rika… Griffin, right? I am thankful for your help before. I am sure that without you, we wouldn’t have been able to awaken… whatever this is.” She nodded towards you, and offered you her hand. It was surprising how even covered in blood that was not hers, and with aching wounds all over her body, she still managed to maintain an aura of refinement and leadership.

Rosary Flowers
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway - ?? Floor)

Your ghostly, ethereal hand plunged into the intact, immobilized zombie, and quickly shattered its head apart, making a bit of rotten blood fall over you. The chains around it fell to the floor together with the ravaged body.

The other zombie, the one you had wounded before, finally broke out of the chains that imprisoned it, and looked towards you, its dead eyes sending a chill down your spine. Your own blood dripped from its claws, and you understood.

It was time to finish this.

Johnny Justice
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 2nd Floor)

You had indicated Pierce where that hideout of yours was, and you quickly had started to travel there. The agent had told you that you had appeared in the second floor, so to get to the fourth floor where your hideout was, you’d have to find the nearest stairwell, which was quite a ways away.

You walked alongside your new partner, paying the maximum attention possible to your surroundings. The hallways you were traveling through branched out all the time, making it hard to understand the layout of the place. You also saw a lot of cadavers of students and zombies, and noted that the noise surrounding the place had diminished a lot.

“As one would expect from the students of this school… they put one hell of a fight. I don’t think there are that many monsters left now.” Pierce commented grimly as you passed past a bunch of bodies.

Nothing tried to attack you on the path towards the stairwells, and you got to the third floor without incident. You were going to ascend to the fourth floor as well, when Pierce spotted something out the corner of his eye.

“Wait… you…”

Johnny Justice & Adam Baumer

“Little boy! I finally find you!” Your council was interrupted when you saw a familiar figure arriving with another student in tow. You recognized Pierce Stark, one of the agents in charge of your protection in the school.

“I am so glad to find you well!” his effusivity was enough to make anyone blush. “If something had happened to you, your dad would’ve kicked my ass all the way to Jupiter!” Oh, so that was it.

You were about to reply, when a very, very big noise interrupted you. Everyone looked towards a certain nearby spot in the floor, where cracks had suddenly appeared.

“What the f-“ Liz managed to say before the floor exploded upwards.

Something indescribable surged from below, something that resembled the long neck of some strange, abominable creature you couldn’t quite comprehend, that ended in shinning green eyes, and frumious jaws. It was followed below with a body twice the size of a person that resembled that of some sort of twisted, horrid dragon, with two misshapen black wings jutting out of its back.

You couldn’t understand what you were seeing before you. You couldn’t comprehend it. It was like a creature out of a myth… or even, something out of a fairy tale. All that could be understood where its sharps full of sharp teeth, and the rabid frenzy in its eyes.

Encountered Bandersnatch

“Shit! It is the goddamn thing Joaquin talked about! Everyone, back the fuck down, we cannot win against this!” You heard Pierce shout.

Dylan Rory McNeill
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Classroom – ???)

“Hmm” the ghosts floated, and looked at you pensively.

“Well, why not? We will follow you as long as it is fun!”
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Hallway – 6th Floor)
    HP:39/ SP: 85/ Self: 90

A part of me wanted to cry again.

My clothes were covered in blood, most of which wasn't mine, and the wounds on my back flared with renewed pain every time my heart beat, the dull aches growing worse and worse as the brief rush of adrenaline left my system.

So much had happened so quickly, and yet I still hadn't managed to accomplish what I had set out to do.

Bringing my knees up to my chest, I wrap my arms around them and sit with my back against the wall, doing my best to calm my frantic breathing. It hadn't been a particularly difficult run, much easier than my last frantic sprint through this place, but the feeling of undead arms reaching for my throat refused to leave me.

"..."

Looking over at the other two, I get a good look at my new companions for the first time. I don't recognize either of them unfortunately, but their uniforms, as bloodstained as they were, were from Zeus Academy, so they were definitely my fellow students.

Despite the fact that this school was terrifying, their presence was definitely comforting.

I had found other students... Maybe they could help...

The female student throws her jacket away with a brief look of disgust, and I can't help but blink as she turns to regard me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin
    “I am Kaitlin Walterson, president of the Swordsmanship Club. You are… one of the aces of the Acrobatics Team, Rika… Griffin, right? I am thankful for your help before. I am sure that without you, we wouldn’t have been able to awaken… whatever this is.”
    "I... Really didn't do much," with a small forced smile, I reach out and grasp her hand. I'm not sure if she's trying to help me to my feet, or simply wants a handshake, so I assume the latter, "And yeah, I'm Rika. Didn't think I was famous enough for the Swordsmanship Club to know about me," my forced smile faltering, I almost forget to let go of Kaitlin's hand as my mind sparks up in thought, "Listen, I don't know what you guys are planning on doing, but a friend of mine was wounded when we got here, and I came to the sixth floor to try to find medical supplies. I know it's not the best time for this, but after we catch our breath, could you guys help me look for them?"

There's a tinge of desperation in my voice, but I don't really care.

I can't leave the sixth floor until I find the med-kit (not to mention the zombies blocking the fifth floor stairwell) and after I find the med kit, and Lara is treated, we need to get the hell out of this school.

It's not much of a plan, but there's not much else I can do.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Masaki Tomomi
    Turn 2 - HP:
    60/60 SP: 200/200
    Self: 90

As soon as the words had left her mouth, Shinoko had answered. The two had jumped away from Lavrenti at once, splitting up to different sides of the hallway. However, Tomomi was surprised- Lavrenti had not moved at all. Instead, he continued to clench his fist while holding something- Through her memory, she deduced it was likely the button of his shirt he'd taken off. But... Why would he do a such a thing? "What are you doing, La-!?"

Her words were cut off by a ghostly wail. The student's ghost had reacted to their movement, and his eyes looked mad with anger. Tomomi jerked when the chairs surrounding the ghost rocked violently. A hit with one of those could even knock her out cold, so she would have to make sure to...

-A sudden crushing noise. A drowned cry of shock. Time slowed down to a crawl as Tomomi's senses percieved that which her consciousness would not yet accept. However, the event was still burned into her mind- The thundering noise as the chairs hit, and the swift thud as Shinoko collapsed on the cold ground.

...Evade?

--Tomomi's head shoke in disbelief as her mind caught up with what she had just seen. "No..." There before her was her friend Shinoko, one of the few people in the school whom Tomomi felt she could connect with. The chairs lying on top her had splintered on the parts where they had hit, blood dripping down their frame.

-She had made a mistake. While splitting up had been a tactically sound decision, it had also left the chance that the ghost would completely focus on one of them. Shinoko had taken her advice without question. Had she agreed with the notion, or had it been a decision made out of trust? Regardless, it all meant one thing to Tomomi...

...This was her fault. She had attempted to protect somebody, but failed miserably once again.

"No...!" The rage that had started to grow in her seemed to become stronger, at that moment. The hair of her neck stood up on end as her small fists clenched in ire. More tears started to fall over her already moist cheeks.

This world, this thing-

It was truly a nightmare. A nightmare she couldn't escape from, and was helpless to fight against. Again, her friend was being crushed by the darkness of the outside.

A shock of something flashed across Tomomi's eyes at the thought. Whatever it was, however, it did not stick for long.

For Tomomi's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a firm stomp. Following the source, Tomomi's head snapped back towards the direction of her other companion.

...Her eyes contemplated the surreal scene, then.

Lavrenti Petrov had fallen into a stance, rearing his fist back. He had been waiting for the ghost to make his move, patiently, saving up his energy. His eyes had been sharp, in passive concentration as he had awaited the ghost's action, calmly analyzing his moves.

-And then, the ghost had finally made his move.

Without even sparing a glance at what had happened or who it had attacked, Lavrenti had firmly put his foot down and put all his weight behind his throw--!

Tomomi's mind boggled at what happened the moment she turned towards Lavrenti. As the man had swung his arm, what could only be the button from his shirt had turned into a silver projectile, shining with a bright aura. It closed the gap between Lavrenti and what barely passed for the other student-

-And cleanly ran the ghost's body through, wounding him in the process. The great spurt of blood that ensued after the projectile made its mark confirmed this.

It was then, that Tomomi's brain finally comprehended what had happened.

-Lavrenti had physically wounded an opponent... who had no physical body.

Her mind reeled from the revelation, just as something inside her began to awaken.

This world. What was happening couldn't be possible- The ghosts, the button, the corpses- It should all have been a dream. It should all have been a nightmare that she would eventually wake up from.

Even so... Lavrenti's display, it had made Tomomi realize something. Something she should have realized long ago. Tomomi was not in a nightmare- What she was experiencing right now, it was undoubtedly reality.

-If she took out the impossible, then whatever remained, however improbable, must be true.

At that moment.

Tomomi's mind finally awakened.

While Tomomi had once cowered at the sight of her friend, she then started to get up, straightening herself up. Her eyes, which had closed in denial after seeing Lavrenti do something that had not made sense to her, opened with a sudden clarity.

She turned to look towards Shinoko's prone body, and her eyes flashed with that something again. The sophomore turned away from her schoolmate, and then glared hatefully at the cause of such injury.

The ghostly student's visage had contorted into an expression of murderous rage, unlike anything that would have been seen at the academy. The being before them was truly mad.

It was because of this, and likely because of her matching rage, that Tomomi felt no remorse for what she was about to do.

"You... You're annoying...!" Tomomi whispered to herself, knowing that the ghost wouldn't hear her anyways. The monster was probably too focused on Lavrenti to notice the little girl's feelings.

This ghost had come from the darkness, to steal away something Tomomi cherished. Just like back then, when she had lost something very dear to her heart.

It was a nuisance.

It was... her enemy...!

Tomomi's body basked in the teal light of the world, her clothes seemingly reflecting it in a hazy aura as her mind concentrated. Her normally weak stare became a sharp glare, as she extended one of her arms.

Her attention was completely and utterly focused on the monster before her. The smell of the rotten corpses faded from her mind, as did anything but her intent to destroy the thing before her.

Her energy surged from within. What looked like a wisp of something swirled upwards, starting from her feet and making its way upwards, making her skirt flutter from an unseen force. It coiled around her extended arm, finally making its way past her outstretched palm.

What followed next was something that could only be described as supernatural.

Teal light surged from thin air, forming a tight sphere right next to Tomomi's extended hand. It surged with power, an eerie thing that was completely absurd in the world Tomomi knew, but which had become a possibility in this other world.

The girl's expression sharpened as she frowned, her glare channeling her cold rage.

And with a single command-

"Disappear."

-A volley of sharp blue crystals, five stakes which flew at such a speed that even Tomomi herself couldn't clearly percieve, were hurled at her opponent.

Her enemy.

The nightmare.

That which had to be destroyed, and return to oblivion...!

Wise up!

Name: Masaki Tomomi
    Race: Human, Unbound
    HP: 60 SP: 175/200

Perks:
    Photographic Memory
    Tomomi can perfectly recall every single second of her life that has transpired while she was conscious. She can look back at any moment of her life as if she had taken a photograph of what had occurred, with infallible efficiency. This means she could recite texts or books she only read once to the letter without looking back at them a single time. Her ability to register all conversations and actions and then recall them at later points also helped her immensely when defending herself from verbal assaults, and it also got her an invitation to the experimental school.
    [???]

Focus
    Tomomi’s great memory retaining ability was also a gift that needed polishing to be able to be used to its max efficiency, and that polishing appeared in the way of focused mental concentration. The high demands of the experimental school meant that she had to strain her intelligence to be able to recall several past facts at the same time and piece them together quickly and flawlessly. This sharpened her ability to concentrate, and makes her able to take time to analyze a situation and drastically increase her precision and focus.
    [By spending one turn focusing on your surroundings and analyzing the variables of the situation, you are able to augment a single stat by 10 points for your next action, whichever it is. ???]

Spiritual Power

Crystal Garden - Crystal Manipulation
    ???
    [Crystal Bullets - Spiritual Power] Shoots a maximum of five spikes of crystal, each doing damage equal to SPI x0.5. AoE. Speed = 25. Costs 5 SP each spike, for a max of 25 SP for the five of them]

Last edited by Erlkonig; February 24th, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Adam Baumer

"FUCKING RUN!" Adam shouts as he turns tail from the monster in front of them. He watches everyone else follow and outpace him. Oh fucks sake! he furiously thinks, cursing his slowness.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Lacie
    Turn 1: The Amazing Mahou Shoujo Lacie & Lovely Sidekick vs A Poor, Innocent Janitor

"Damn it!"

My attack just misses, and deals a blow that would kill any living thing. Of course, this janitor isn't alive anymore, and as black liquid oozes out of its neck, the horrible smell confirms that its blood is rotten. It must have been dead for a while to have gotten to this state.

I jump backwards as the undead man rockets towards me. Something under my feet - a shadow - pushes me backward; I know I can make it I'm just fast enough to escap-

"Grgh-!"

It hurts. It really, really hurts. That's all I can think as I get sent flying.

It was only a glancing blow, but the janitor's strength was enough to sen me flying back as blood streams from my open cuts. I hit the floor and roll, before slowly picking myself up. That's it. I get back up, using all of my strength; I am definitely not going to die here. Something's in my wounds, something strange and ugly and dark, but I don't pay it any mind for now.

I'm bleeding; not that badly, but I need to find some bandages or something once I kill this creature. Demios fully emerges from the shadows as I glare across the hallway, its form large and imposing in front of me. Its bony wings extend slowly as it faces the dead janitor; with it's power, I'll definitely kill this thing!

“You want to go to the fifth floor? Why? There are more chances of your fellow humans being at the entrance, you know?”
    "The fifth floor is... farther away from the entrance, where I thought the creatures would be coming from. Plus... the infirmary... is on the sixth floor. The entrance... is probably the better bet now."

My breathing is ragged, and my speech is broken, but I get the point across. As I finish speaking, Demios springs into action, one of its wings striking at the neck of the janitor, while the other preforms a horizontal cut at the waist. The creature is strong, so I have to attack from two fronts.

I hope this works.

Precision Attack Attempted

Status Screen

Name: Lacie/Max L. Rowan

Stats

STR: 15/16
    DEF: 10/11
    AGI: 16/17
    EVA: 21/22

SP: 100/120
    HP: 48/70

Perks

Two for the Price of One
    Since Max was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder, the two personalities that make up “Max” share equal time in his/her body. (???)
    [When Lacie is on, STR and DEF are lowered by 4, and SPI, SDEF, EVA and AGI are increased by 2. ???]

Invocation: Demios, the Queen of Hearts
    The Queen of Hearts takes the form of a bubbling, blackened shadow that vaguely resembles a tall woman before it physically manifests from that shadow. When physically manifested, Demios takes the form of a giant skeleton with the head of a goat, wrapped in rags. It has two large, razor sharp wings which it uses for its main method of attack. It can also defend Lacie somewhat, as it can be placed in front of physical attacks to deflect them. It must remain within a certain range of Lacie at all times. ???
    [15 SP is used to summon Demios, which costs 5 SP to maintain. If Demios is hit with a physical, Max/Lacie receive damage as normal, but said damage is reduced by 10. Attacks with Demios sharpened wings deal SPI damage, and can cause level 1 bleeding, with smaller chances of level 2 bleeding. Demios’ speed, overall, is 20. ???]
    Last edited by Mooncake; March 9th, 2014 at 09:17 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand

Cyrus kept pace with Cecily after the crows gave up on the chase, keeping himself consistently behind her by a few feet. Judging from her kick before Cecily could hold her own in a fight and this way if anything unexpected leaped out in front of them the more capable fighter could handle the issue.

Of course that meant Cyrus was the one that would have to deal with anything that might try to sneak up on the two from behind, but he felt confident that something of the sort simply wouldn't be a problem. After all, sneak attacks are about luck and speed, and Cyrus would always be willing to test his luck against anyone or anything that felt comfortable doing so.

For a moment the two stopped and Cecily turned back to Cyrus, looking more than fed up with the way things had gone so far.

“Look, this time, we ain’t deviating from our path, got it? We are going directly to the gang’s hideout, and that’s it. No more fucking crazy ghosts and weird-ass crows and retarded zombies and motherfucking game-convention-breaking slimes and just plain old weird shit. This time we are going straight there. End of discussion.”
    Cyrus listened wordlessly to Cecily's demands, keeping an eye out in case anything might pop out of the darkness, but no such luck. Without receiving a response Cecily turned back toward the direction of the hideout and pressed onward. Without missing a beat Cyrus took off after her, getting back into his pace from before. It was surprising that Cecily didn't force an answer from Cyrus, but not completely unexpected. The girl didn't seem like the patient type, nor did she act like the kind of person to think too much about things. She probably assumed that silence was a substitute for "yes."

As the two passed the school entrance Cyrus stopped, looking into the main doorway, then to Cecily, then back to the school. Cecily herself continued walking, likely not even noticing that her company had stopped. Without a sound Cyrus reached into his back pocket, pulling out his wallet. Inside was a rather hefty sum of money for a highschool student, all of it earned in completely legitimate gambles that Cyrus had hunted down outside of campus with Johnny when the two were playing hooky. Between some of the bills were a few quarters, which made a faint jingle as Cyrus fished one out.

Wordlessly Cyrus flipped the coin into the air from his thumb. With practiced efficiency and perfect accuracy Cyrus caught the coin out of the air as it fell back toward his hand, slapping it onto his wrist and revealing the result. Returning his wallet to his pocket, Cyrus turned back to Cecily, and jogged for a few seconds to catch up with her. Arriving behind Cecily, Cyrus took the coin and began methodically flipping the coin in the air, catching it and flipping it again without checking the result over and over again, filling the night with the sharp ding of his fingernail striking the coin as he trailed behind Cecily.

Masaki Taichi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Zeus High School (Distorted Room – 6th Floor)

"We're also looking for people."

My answer is blunt and not comforting. I am telling the girl that 'she's not alone', but not in the good sense. She wants to help a friend and I respect that, but I've got my own classmates and siblings to worry about. And it's not just us, If I had to make a guess, if there are any other survivors, they are probably in the same situation. I think that going our own separate ways sports more chances of survival than staying together trying to help anybody who needs it. While there is strength in numbers, the amount of time and possible encounters gets rid of that advantage. And... Big groups tend to draw attention, there is that, too.

"I'm trying to find my sister, Tomomi, and my two kouhais, Shinoko and Rumiko." I make a pause on purpose to let Kaitlin add names to that list if she feels the need to. "We're not leaving this school without them."

Scratching the back of my head and looking down, I ponder exactly how I am going to turn down Griffin's request without sounding like a complete asshole... It's then than I discover the hidden benefit of tagging along with her for a while and my mind changes immediately.

"... If President is okay with it, I guess we could lend you a hand."
    Far from sounding like the line of a pseudo villain with hidden intentions, my words come out as a little shy, making me feel embarrassed for a moment. To correct this problem as soon as possible, I stand up, turn my back to the group and silently walk around the room looking for something that might be of use, only to spill out the 'truth' as I do so. "But don't get me wrong. I'm only helping you because we might find stuff we need at the infirmary as well." We're all hurt, after all, and it's fairly soon for the place to have been looted. "Plus, it sounds like your buddy is on a lower floor. We need to go down as well..."

Putting an end to my excuses, I turn around and face the American, to make sure she has understood everything properly.

"Get it? We're only sticking around because of that. Once we find our people, you're on your own."

Damn it, Why do I only sound half-serious about this?
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Marissa Eren
    HP: 126 / SP: - / Self: 90

Pain returns. My vision blurs. A haze washes over me. My vision fades to red.

My side stings. My teeth lock up. My heart won't stop racing.

I can't breathe anymore.

There's something in front of me, but I've stopped understanding what it is. I just know that I want it to go away... It's hurting me and I'm scared.

There's no margin for thought. No room for feeling. Only understanding the warm feeling spreading throughout my side. Terror encroaches and soon it will devour me. And if that happens, I will die. Dying is pain and pain is suffering... And if someone makes you suffer, you should make them suffer in return...

So... I reach out, grabbing a hold of this thing's limb, and clutch the stone in my hand until my palm bleeds. Nothing more, nothing less. My sights set on what can only be its head, I aim the rock directly at its head. I'll bash its brains in.

Wise Up
    Name: Marissa “Mari” Eren

HP: 130
    SP: -
    Strength: 10
    Defense: 20
    Spirit: -
    Resistance: -
    Agility: 10
    Evasion: 7

Perks:

Resilience
    Due to the events of her childhood and the life she has led thus far, Marissa is no stranger when it comes to taking a beating. Having often been the target of abuse, ridicule, and torment, Marissa's body itself has been subjected to various manners of pain. That being said, because she has been through these experiences, she has grown into a surprisingly resilient woman- almost "inhumanly" so. Able to subdue such notions of discomfort through will alone, Marissa is known to have a crazy amount of endurance. Even when being bullied by a group of peers, she is known for being able to take more of a beating than her aggressors can give.
    [When being attacked by physical attacks, damage received is reduced by 2. Chances of receiving negative status effects by being attacked are reduced. Exhaustion ratio is slightly reduced]

Abnormal Instinct (Preservation)
    While it's known that every human being has some sense of self-preservation, every now and then, there comes an individual who strays from the manner of common sense. In this regard, Marissa is one of those people. Whether it be through some difference in her mind or genetics, Marissa possesses a particularly strong, and rare, sense of survival. Wherein the average person would be rendered idle by a difficult choice, Marissa would spring right into action because, for her, it's a "no brainer" type of deal.
    [Increased ability to feel incoming danger, and increased chances of being warned of the possibility of death. Combat rolls executed against you receive +1 to its difficulty. When in a dangerous situation, ability to feel the better course of action is obtained, and one GM hint per dangerous situation can be gotten]
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.