Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Master & Commander IC

Richard Cesaroni

"I was just thinking the same thing Mr. Fujita. Cynthia, these two will do right?"
    ".....hmmm? oh right! These should suffice."

Ever since Hiryu's AI disappeared from the holo-panel Cynthia's expression seemed different.

"Everything alright Cynthia? Some anxiety about our partners?"
    "No, not at all! On the contrary I rather like the possibility they provide of extended ranged tactics, but..."
    "Something about the AI?"
    "I... she's adorable!"

Wait, what!? Uhhhhh, not the reaction I was expecting. Cynthia broke into the kind of blissful smile a kid might have going into a pet store for the first time.

"Well I'm sure if you ask nicely, Mr. Fujita will let you pet her, but for now let's focus on our next move, ok?"
    "Yes, you're quite right," she responded. "Speaking of, Captain, is there a course I should set?"
    "Please, call me Richard, I'm not in the Navy and I'm not even 30. And for now I think it's best we wait a little while before we make a move."

She gave a light chuckle and responded, "Very well, holding position Richard. I'll relay our intentions to the Hiryu and her Captain."

"Oh, and Cynthia? Go easy on her."
    "Understood!"

I swear if this bridge had enough room to she'd probably be skipping right now...

COMMANDS

[Movements]
    None - all ships holding positions

[discard]
    Silent Running
    Fired

[Negate]
    Radar Blanket
    "Fear the quiet people, for you do not know what they are thinking."

Blog Entries
    Match C

Deployments
    CA Myoukou G15 (Hoshina) (Ranger)
    CA Nachi I15 (Hoshina)
    CA Haguro N15 (Hoshina)
    Torp Cruiser A G15 (Hoshina)
    Torp Cruiser B B15 (Hoshina)
    Destroyer A N15 (Hoshina)
    Destroyer B B15 (Hoshina)

CB Alaska - G15 (Ranger)
    CB Hawaii I15
    Destroyer Z G15
    Destroyer Y I15
    Destroyer X E15
    Destroyer U E15

CV Yorktown G1 (Bomb Ace) (Armored Deck)
    Destroyer A G1
    Destroyer B F1
    Destroyer C F1
    Destroyer D H1
    Destroyer E H1

Bismarck 1M
    Sub 1M
    PT 1N
    PT 1N
    PT 1O
    PT 1O
    PT 1P

Radio Noise active
    Gold Team: 2d6+1 + 2d6+1 = 11
    Blue Team: 2d6+1 + 2d6+1 = 19

Moves from Gold Team
    Map:

KT tang wants you to give moves so he can "sink the big fat Yamato"
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Shikinami Hikari & Yamato

Commands
    Yamato (F11) to G10
    Destroyer (F11) to G11
    Sub (F13) to F12
    Hand
    Offensive:
    Fast Hands: Rearm an air unit instantly, or remove the effect of Butterfingers if present.
    Flash Flame: increase the damage to a damaged enemy unit by 1 so long as it would not destroy the unit.
    Ramming Speed!: if one of your ships occupies the same space as an enemy ship at the beginning of the movement phase, you may declare a ramming attack that uses the ship’s movement for the turn. If your ship has as many or more hull points than the enemy, they lose 2 hull points and you lose 1 - otherwise, both lose 1.
    Scotty: Reduce the speed of an enemy unit by one for two turns.

Defensive:
    Barrel Roll: Choose an air unit. For the next turn, attacks rolled against it take a -1 penalty to rolls.
    Fired: Reduce the hull damage inflicted on one of your units by 1, to a minimum of 1.

Blog Entries
    Match A

Destroyer F11 to G11
    Sub F13 to F12
    BB Yamato F11 to G10

CV Soryu C11 to B9
    Destroyer C11 to B9
    Destroyer K12 to K10
    Cruiser H11 to F10
    Cruiser J11 to J9

Air Movement

Fighter E4 to B8
    Torpedo Bomber G5 to B8
    Dive Bomber G5 to B8

Map:

Oh shit it's surface combat phase

Both sides, declare targets for each ship. Once everyone's declared targets, damage will be rolled.
    Last edited by SeiKeo; February 3rd, 2014 at 06:33 PM.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Sakusenshi Sora

"Targets in range! Let's sink that fat, bloated slut of a ship!"

Shiro seemed extremely excited as constant commands and data flickered before the holo projector.

"I'll just take care of some of the other things then..." I muttered to myself, utterly ignored by my A.I. partner.

"Fire everything we have!"

Targets
    Nagato in H7 fires on BB Yamato in G10. Torpedo Cruiser in H7 fires on Cruiser in J9.

Card Usage

Smoker: Used by Destroyer in G8
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries

"Well, I believe you know what to do, Hikari-sama." Yamato-chan seemed to be almost amazingly twitchy. We were definitely in firing range, so I guess there's definitely one answer that should be as clear as day.

"Fire everything." Not a question, but a command. They're going to get sunk.

"Already on it. Targets have been fired at by priority." And that ends that, now to wait...

Commands
    Yamato (F11) fires at Nagato (H7) with main battery, at torpedo cruiser (H7) with secondary, and at destroyer with tertiary in G8.
    Hand
    Offensive:
    Fast Hands: Rearm an air unit instantly, or remove the effect of Butterfingers if present.
    Flash Flame: increase the damage to a damaged enemy unit by 1 so long as it would not destroy the unit.
    Ramming Speed!: if one of your ships occupies the same space as an enemy ship at the beginning of the movement phase, you may declare a ramming attack that uses the ship’s movement for the turn. If your ship has as many or more hull points than the enemy, they lose 2 hull points and you lose 1 - otherwise, both lose 1.

Defensive:
    Barrel Roll: Choose an air unit. For the next turn, attacks rolled against it take a -1 penalty to rolls.
    Fired: Reduce the hull damage inflicted on one of your units by 1, to a minimum of 1.
    Last edited by Katie; February 3rd, 2014 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Match A

The bridge of Große Kurfürst was not a happy place.

"Too slow. We are the only peer to Yamato out on the board, and we let Nagato get caught out. Because we're too slow." Setsuko Egashira leaned on the holo-table, brows furrowed. "How capable are you?"

Her AI Core peered out of the windows into the blue horizon. "I don't see why you're so worried. Their aircraft failed to do significant damage."

"Yes, and I'll be happy to ponder the damage potential of aircraft when they're all gunning for us, since Nagato is about to get blown out of the ocean."

"Have faith."

Below the high bridge, the front two turrets slewed to fire, straining against their elevation blocks. "Why are you going to bother," sighed the girl in red. "You can't do that, don't waste the energy."

Große Kurfürst smiled. "Can't I?"

Four cannon roared. Somewhere in the back of the bridge, a light bulb shattered with the force of the first volley. Setsuko lurched against the table, dazed by the sudden shot.

Boom

Four thousand more kilograms of steel and explosive lashed out.

Card Usage
    Große Kurfürst uses Hail Mary: Pick a unit with a range 3 main battery. It can make one attack this turn at an enemy capital ship at range 6, using the attack value for range 3.

Nagato fires on Yamato (all batteries)
    Cruiser H7 fires on Cruiser J9

Große Kurfürst fires on Yamato (main battery)

Yamato fires on Nagato (main battery), Cruiser H7 (secondary battery), Destroyer G8 (tertiary battery)

Cruiser J9 fires on Cruiser H7

Nagato Primary: Hits Yamato!
    Secondary: Misses

Cruiser H7: Misses

Grosse Kurfurst: Misses

Yamato:
    Main: Hits Nagato!
    Secondary: Hits Cruiser H7!
    Tertiary: Misses due to smoke.

Cruiser J9: Hits Cruiser H7

Yamato is reduced to 5 hull.
    Nagato is reduced to 4.
    Cruiser H7 is reduced to 1.

Declare Torpedo attacks

Sakusenshi Sora

"Everybody, fire on the Yamato! Shove some torpedoes into her hull!"

"But we can't-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR EXCUSES, MAKE IT SO!"

Targets
    All torpedoes fired at the Yamato

Card Usage

Fired: Reduce the hull damage inflicted on one of your units by 1, to a minimum of 1. Used on Torpedo Cruiser in H7
    Last edited by Tangerang; February 4th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries

Two hits, one miss. Normally it would be sort of satisfying, but not only that, we had been hit as well, with a huge rock of the ship. And the face on my AI Core...

"Filthy whore hit me... I swear upon Hachiman I will blow that bitch out of the water if it is the last thing I do..." Wait, what was her ship saying? Wasn't she calmed and composed just a few minutes ago? What the hell was going on?"

"Hikari-sama!" It sounded like an order
    from an actual commanding officer, and I reel my head to turn to look at her. She's absolutely seething with rage, and the fire in her eyes is like a firestorm, waiting to engulf everything in its wake. There is a vicious person here, and it absolutely isn't me. "Let me take care of them, understand?"

But at the same time... It's sort of reassuring to know even if I slack, the Yamato herself will go full aggressive all the time. Someone who can make up for moments of weakness.

"Fine," I say, a bit hesitant.

Commands
    Destroyer (G11) fires at Destroyer (G8)
    Flash Flame played on the Nagato.
    Hand
    Offensive:

Defensive:

Last edited by Katie; February 4th, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Kaiyuu Shikinami
    Match B Gold Team

Spoiler:
    Deployment:
    Shinano: 1-G to 3-G
    Destroyer : 1-I to 3-I
    Light Cruiser: 1-I to 3-I
    Submarine (Silent Hunter): 12-G to 11-H

Current Hand:
    Sprinter: Choose a ship. It gains +1 speed for the turn.
    Lucky Duck: If a unit would take hits equal or greater to vital armor, roll a die. On a 4 or higher, instead set the ship to 1 damage.
    Lucky Duck: If a unit would take hits equal or greater to vital armor, roll a die. On a 4 or higher, instead set the ship to 1 damage. (this is a duplicate)
    CAP Direction: At the end of the Air Mission phase, if you have a fighter unit in the same sector as a carrier, you may move it up to 2 sectors.

Blog Entries
    Match A

Torpedoes

Tang uses Fired. Cruiser H7 2 hull remaining. Cruiser H7 and Destroyer G8 fire torpedoes on Yamato.
    Setsuko uses Long Lance: For the next turn, all your units roll an extra die for torpedoes.

Destroyer G11 fires on Destroyer G8. Nagato takes 1 damage from Flash Flame and has 3 remaining.

Cruiser H7: Rolls two sixes! (!!) Yamato reduced to 1 hull (!!!)
    Destroyer G8: rolls a 1, and misses.

Destroyer G11: rolls a 5, and misses.

Blue Team is not occupying victory hexes. Gold Team gains 1 VP.

New Turn

New cards for KT

Bomb Ace: Pick a unit. It gains two extra attack dice when making bombing attacks.
    Killing Blow: Pick an air unit. It rolls one extra die when attacking damaged ships.
    Hard Reset: Prevents offensive and defensive cards for being used for the next three turns.
    Sprinter: Choose a ship. It gains +1 speed for the turn.

New cards for Tang

Bee-sting: Choose a ship. While undamaged, it can make attacks at range 5 using its range 3 attack. Rolls of 4 and 5 do not count as successes at this range.
    Silent Hunter: When deploying your units, pick a submarine and deploy it anywhere on the map. It cannot attack on the first turn, and is invisible to the enemy until it attacks.
    Long Lance: For the next turn, all your units roll an extra die for torpedoes.

Init:

Gold Team: 2d6 + 2d6 = 12
    Blue Team: 1+2d6 + 1+2d6 = 15

Gold Team you're up.
    Last edited by SeiKeo; February 4th, 2014 at 07:33 PM.

Sakusenshi Sora

"BWAHAHAHA, LOOK AT THAT BITCH OF A SHIP TAKE THOSE TORPEDOES. I BET SHE LIKES IT TOO. HOLD UP, LET ME SEND A LITTLE SOMETHING"

"Wait, what!?" Before I even realized what was going on, I saw the 'sending message' window quickly flash before fading away. With a somewhat of a bad feeling, I decide to check what it was.

"BITCH, HOW YOU LIKE THOSE TORPEDOES"

"..." I give a sigh. Somehow I am expected something like this.

"KEEP GOING, SHE'S ALMOST FINISHED, LET'S SEND HER ON HER WAY!"

To be honest, at first I thought it was just standard Shiro, but for some reason, maybe it's more? Perhaps this is personal? Or not, I can't really tell sometimes.

"Okay okay, let's settle down." I quickly begin issuing new orders.

I could literally feel my A.I. look over the orders, take a few seconds to process them, before turning to send me a death glare. Scary.

"Are. You. Running. Away."

Not even a question, it somehow even sounded like a threat. But I must remain firm!

"L-l-let's reset and regroup with our ally." My voice comes out in a nervous, high-pitched tone. Not as firm as I would have liked, but it'll have to do.

Movements
    Nagato in H-7 move to I-7. Torpedo Cruiser in H-7 move to I-6. Destroyer in G-8 move to F-6. 2 Destroyers in G-7 move to H-5

Card Usage
    None
    Last edited by Tangerang; February 4th, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

Honk

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    I leaned against the holo-table's edge to get a better look at the battle field and was slightly relieved. With the exception of the two flagships none of my opponents fleet were larger then a destroyer, which meant our team out gunned them, though the PT boats could be a matter of concern if they were allowed to get too close to my ships.

With my course of action decided I went to tap on the icons representing my ships to move them into position.

Commands
    Movement:
    *Alaska+Destroyer1- G-13
    *Hawaii+Destroyer2 - I-13
    *Destroyer3&4 - E-13

Hacks
    *Butterfingers: The next enemy air unit to rearm must take 2 turns to do so.
    -Target: Yorktown
    *Foggy Bottom: All gun attacks have their range reduced by 1 except for range 0. This effect also applies to card abilities. Aircraft take -1 dice to attacks.
    *Hard Reset (Simulation): Prevents offensive and defensive cards for being used for the next three turns.

Counter Hacks
    *Discard Fighter Ace and Armored Deck to remove Bomb Ace from Yorktown.

Discard
    *Defensive: BUORD!

Hand

Offensive:
    Ranger: Pick a ship. While undamaged, it can make attacks at range 4 using its attack for range 3.
    Fighter Ace: Pick a fighter aircraft. It gains one extra attack die when making anti-air attacks.
    Butterfingers: The next enemy air unit to rearm must take 2 turns to do so.

Defensive: BUORD!: Reduce, for this round, all torpedo hits on friendlies to 1 hull damage.
    Smoker: Choose a ship. Instead of attacking, it can lay down a smoke screen lasting for one turn. The smoke blocks line of sight.
    Hard Reset (Simulation): Prevents offensive and defensive cards for being used for the next three turns.
    Armored Deck: Choose an aircraft carrier. It gains +1 Armor and Vital armor against all bomb attacks.

Sim:
    Foggy Bottom: All gun attacks have their range reduced by 1 except for range 0. This effect also applies to card abilities. Aircraft take -1 dice to attacks.
    Easy Currents: All ASW attacks gain 1 die.