Page 3742 of 3745 FirstFirst ... 27423242364236923732373737403741374237433744 ... LastLast
Results 74,821 to 74,840 of 74889

Thread: UBW Anime - ufotable's virtue is in a state of quantum uncertainty

i actually decided to start a rewatch of this tonight, contemplating doing the dub so i didnt have to pay attention fully but remembering some of the voices i changed my mind

Episode 21: Last one for tonight. And so ends the fight between Shirou and Archer in the most epic way possibles. Archer just projected gigantic swords and sent them after Shirou but Shirou pressed on. No matter how many times he got knocked down, he got back up. And he fought back, catching up to Archer's level of skill, actually making Archer struggle.
    When Archer finally realized Shirou wouldn't surrender in any way, he gave in and lost. The two of them had a nice moment that was then interrupted by a certain king. Who then goes on to explain the true nature of the grail and the events of 10 years ago. Not including the fight between Saber and Gilgamesh because lol that didn't happen, but that's another thing entirely. Then, of course after all that's said and done, he gives Shinji want he wanted and I have to go to sleep with that image in my head.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Available on iTunes for like 5 bucks!
    I got the song. Totally worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

And those lyrics, Aimer is amazing.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    CROW'SCLAW just released a new Emiya remix on their website and Youtube channel. It's based on Fukasawa's 2014 version.

Official Download.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    It's based on Fukasawa's 2014 version.
    To me it seems more like mixture of Fukasawa's and Katou's Emiyas.

It's been 3 months but it will be over soon. I'll keep this short since I'm going to watch the next one.
    Episode 22: With the ability to use Unlimited Blade Works, Shirou and Gilgamesh will fight in the last battle of the route. Can't wait. I liked the talk Shirou and Saber had at the end. It was very nice. And the vessel of the grail manifesting, I didn't think it would look like that. I thought it would be just a mass of flesh.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Episode 23:The grail gathering wishes before spilling it's guts out even more was nice to see. The fight between Saber and Assassin was cool too. I liked the way they showed how he's not the real Kojiro Sasaki by showing the flashback with him in a gray outline. Two warriors, both running out of time to remain in the world having one last battle. I thought showing the crack in his blade was a nice touch. Now the small fight between Shirou and Gilgamesh was great too. I liked they how had they had Shirou go through his projection process and get a what basically amounts to a error message the second he looked at Ea. It's something he can't replicate or understand. The giant arm growing and attacking Gilgamesh was a nice surprise. I thought he was just going to throw a few weapons at it and call it a day, but he brought out Ea and blew it and the surroundings up. I didn't think it could be used like that. I guess it really does have "multiple settings."
    Rip Justice Jacket. I thought Shirou was going to fight in it. I guess not.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Episode 24:Unlimited Blade Works

The episode starts with Shirou contemplating everything that got him here, each point ending with a sword falling down. The King of Heroes just standing there mocking him all the while. But then Shirou gets up and says his own version of the Unlimited Blade Works chant, fire and energy cracking the ground, and his reality marble. Like in VN, Gilgamesh wasn't fazed. But then Shirou tells Gilgamesh what really can do and that everything in Unlimited Blade Works is a replica, there's no rule that a fake can't surpass the original. Then after saying his famous taunt, the final battle begins. Or it should have. Going to back Rin and Shinji was necessary, but right in the middle of the fight? Come on ufotable. They at least showed the burns from the grail all over their bodies.

I must have forgotten about Rin using her command seals to force Saber to use Excaliber, but I didn't about Archer's attack on the giant mass. Even so it was great. Then as soon as Rin and Shinji were out of the way, Saber is clear to use Excaliber to destroy the grail. That sword is truly beautiful and when it's used to fire that beam, you can't help but stare in awe of it. Even after the beam dissipates, there are still little lights in the sky that fall down back to the ground. With the grail gone and her using up all that mana, Saber fades away, wishing the best for Shirou and Rin.

Then back to the fight with that wonderful theme song. Gilgamesh just shoots as many swords as he can, but Shirou just projects faster than Gilgamesh can bring out his own weapons and attacks. Shirou can bring swords into his hands immediately and counter, or project in mid and shoot back Gilgamesh.
    They got in a close sword fight with Shirou getting the upper hand until the last weapon Gilgamesh had separates them when he drops it. Then he just goes back to attacking from long range as Shirou tries to close the distance.

Eventually, Gilgamesh just decides to deploy Gate of Babylon around Shirou attacking him from all sides. I didn't think that was possible. Gate of Babylon has always been around Gilgamesh, behind him, right in front of him. But that distance from all sides, being attacked by numerous Noble Phantasms causing a huge explosion on impact. Then again, I suppose Shirou just projected the same weapons around himself and shot back to counter at the last second. Or he used Rho Aias and just spun around, I don't know. Being launched in mid air, he blocks and breaks everything thrown at him, getting cut up, until he projects Kanshou and Bakuya cutting off Gilgamesh's arm, and giving him a good slash right when he was about to bring out Ea. It's too late for that.

The fight's just about over and Shirou doesn't have any mana left to fight when the grail decides to suck Gilgamesh up. I don't know why they made the hole like that, I like it better in the VN with it starting from inside his severed arm with the red and black color. Either way, he tries to use Shirou to pull himself out and he was about to when a sword just happened to pierce his head ending that.
    Then the scene that I've waited to see happened. Archer's goodbye.

After that Rin and Shirou headed off into the sunrise. I'm sorry for every doubting you, Archer. Just have the last episode to watch then I'm done with UBW.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Episode 25: Epilogue
    And with that, I'm done watching UBW. This episode and the anime as a whole was very good. I would gladly watch it again. I really don't know what else say...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    And with that, I'm done watching UBW.
    Don't forget on alternate ending.

US Friend Code
    Mmay as well leave a post with my thoughts on ufoUBW anime. I... did not like it... It's an acceptable level adaptation but that's part of the problem since it adapts the route you go through after Fate (Japan got the Fate route free but anime only viewers seem to interpret this as Fate/Zero being the must-watch first rather than the prequel you watch after FSN). It lacks world-building and character establishment from Fate and it shows sometimes (i.e a first time viewer may not like Ilya as much as a person familiar would unless Ilya was even more right and everyone is a lolicon outside Japan).

Tbh, the main reason I do dislike it is Miura's directing. Too much spectacle over substance for me, Shirou getting the shaft in terms of character portrayal as always and from my own readings here, there seem to deviation of Nasu's scripts? Also as discussed before, I didn't get what that epilogue ending was about until after it was explained by script notes.

Blog Entries
    Yeah at some point you just have to accept that the world building was finished over a decade ago and it's simply not feasible or desireable to repeat it in every single new adaptation

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Yeah at some point you just have to accept that the world building was finished over a decade ago and it's simply not feasible or desireable to repeat it in every single new adaptation
    I get that. Though I do think that's more of the VN's fault for leaving world-building in one route and character exploration in the next. But that's just my gripe with the VN, too much reliance on the prior ones to pick up pieces that the current one won't look into. Probably why adaptations of individual FSN routes will always have issues.

I do think that this could be a problem for fresh newcomers to the series rather than its intended audience. At least ufo seems to know their niche audience (for the most part).
    Last edited by CerberusGate; July 12th, 2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Gotta elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    You're supposed to feel sympathy for people like Illya because you watched Zero first.
    If you watched it first.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    They scripted it to follow Zero, it's kinda dumb not to assume that the majority that watch it saw Zero, blah blah blah.

I mean, I'm sure there are some people that might've seen one of the later Kara no Kyoukai movies first but you're not going to produce it thinking that they're your core audience.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    They scripted it to follow Zero, it's kinda dumb not to assume that the majority that watch it saw Zero, blah blah blah.

I mean, I'm sure there are some people that might've seen one of the later Kara no Kyoukai movies first but you're not going to produce it thinking that they're your core audience.
    Like I said, it's my gripe with the adaptation since it makes it hard for ufoUBW to be a stand-alone show though this point is subjective so there's nothing much to say there. Could that aspect been handled better or could it have gotten worse, that's a question for future speculators.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CerberusGate View Post
    I get that. Though I do think that's more of the VN's fault for leaving world-building in one route and character exploration in the next. But that's just my gripe with the VN, too much reliance on the prior ones to pick up pieces that the current one won't look into. Probably why adaptations of individual FSN routes will always have issues.
    To be fair I don't think being structured to suit the VN medium is a flaw for a VN.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    To be fair I don't think being structured to suit the VN medium is a flaw for a VN.
    Oh don't get me wrong, the VN being structured that way is not a huge problem tbh. I have some issues in terms of the structure (especially if I try to view each route on their own) but it is not deal-breaking (since I'm pretty sure the stories are meant to be read together at once to get the themes and character arcs across).
    I just think that adapting the VN routes separately and its structure directly into an anime adaptation by adhering to the VN can cause problems for said adaptation as a stand-alone show if not enough is done to modify the aforesaid adaptation.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Literally none of this would ever be a problem if we had a good Fate route adaptation. Adapting the VN structure into the anime isn't problematic, it's the horrible starting point that everyone and their mother keep telling you to avoid watching, not that i can blame them for that.

Here are the steps to how fix all of this:
    1. Remake Fate/stay night 2006.