Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahoyo progress

Blog Entries
    I was halfway through chapter 2 when I got distracted messing with the text box margins so that long words at the end of a line wouldn't overlap with the scroll bar in the history menu, and then I spent a day pre-rendering fonts so there wouldn't be any Japanese text in the font select anymore. But since the normal KiriKiri font tool doesn't have an option to pre-render italics I had to use a modified version that only detects TrueType Japanese fonts, which means all of the fonts available are English translations of Japanese fonts now. It also bloated the system patch file by about 20 megabytes for astonishingly little return.

What I'm saying is, look forward to the next partial patch in 2030, I'll try not to be late! (No guarantees...)
    Last edited by Mcjon01; September 12th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    And this is why I'm offering to help Miko with image edits if they arise.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I was halfway through chapter 2 when I got distracted messing with the text box margins so that long words at the end of a line wouldn't overlap with the scroll bar in the history menu, and then I spent a day pre-rendering fonts so there wouldn't be any Japanese text in the font select anymore. But since the normal KiriKiri font tool doesn't have an option to pre-render italics I had to use a modified version that only detects TrueType Japanese fonts, which means all of the fonts available are English translations of Japanese fonts now. It also bloated the system patch file by about 20 megabytes for astonishingly little return.

What I'm saying is, look forward to the next partial patch in 2030, I'll try not to be late! (No guarantees...)
    Fuck, I need to get crackin' on learning Japanese, it'll be way faster even if I should struggle.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Sure, I'll hand over the reigns of the translation to you when you're done so get back to me on that.

Blog Entries
    Sure, I'll hand over the reigns of the translation to you when you're done so get back to me on that.
    Lol. Well, that's assuming I'm even able to handle the language and succeed in learning it. I'm not feeling too confident at the moment, though I am seriously considering saving up and applying for a Japanese school in order to study the language (since the schools here in Norway don't provide what I want/need). I've already looked at some. Saving up the money is gonna take me a while though, if I can nab a decent job. My previous job would have been perfect, but it was only short-term, so I only managed to save up a fraction of what I need. I can apply for a student loan from the Government of course, but I'd rather not owe them too much. They would be willing to give me 40% of a full loan for free (Norway is great that way), and not ask me to pay those money back if I pass all my exams, but the remaining 60% would be a regular loan. So I'm currently job hunting. Also, I'd probably want to study the language on my own for a year or so first, so I stand a better chance of actually getting through the courses once I apply to a school. I'm thinking of getting the "Genki" books. How did you learn Japanese Mcjon?
    Last edited by Rokudaime; September 13th, 2014 at 05:43 PM.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    How did you learn Japanese Mcjon?
    I still haven't.

Blog Entries
    I still haven't.
    Oh, c'mon, you're giving yourself too little credit. You may not have mastered it, but you know it pretty well. I've read a lot of your comments since I joined BL, and I have a hard time believing you've just been Google-translating all this time.

Blog Entries
    No, I use Rikaisama on everything, it's just as bad. Maybe if I learn 30,000 more words I'll be able to read a book, I can't wait.

Blog Entries
    No, I use Rikaisama on everything, it's just as bad. Maybe if I learn 30,000 more words I'll be able to read a book, I can't wait.
    Huh...Who would have thought...I'm surprised, I always thought you were one of the moonruners on BL.

No one on BL knows Japanese.

Blog Entries

Masters of Google Translate?

Blog Entries
    Offer is extended to you if you actually get far enough to need it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    No one on BL knows Japanese.
    ossan

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Not even native Japanese can learn all of those scratches. What hope do we have?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    You need to know at least 60,000 words and JLPT1 grammar to read the Japanese equivalent of Clifford the Big Red Dog without a dictionary. Might as well give up now.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    ossan
    Is he on bl anymore?
    He had the best blog.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    You need to know at least 60,000 words and JLPT1 grammar to read the Japanese equivalent of Clifford the Big Red Dog without a dictionary. Might as well give up now.
    I just spent an hour translating If You Give A Mouse A Cookie for a four year old. Fuck, that's next, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    I need to tell Jack the truth.