Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: DC TV

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Yup, I think the same. It really can only be the mirakuru. And it doesn't explain Oliver's guilt trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, the whole Slade revenge motivation is really stupid of you ask me. I mean, his feelings for Shado kinda came out of left field, and then it suddenly become this all-consuming, One-True-Love thing?

Having finally caught up with it the other day, may I cynically point out that this is the CW - former home of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Smallville, and current home of The Vampire Diaries? Angst (particularly teenage and romantic) is practically a founding principle with this network.

And yeah, Ollie's guilt trip is incredibly stupid. Because no matter how many times the show says it, he didn't chose one over the other- He froze up, and jumped in front of the one that Ivo happened to try and shoot first. He didn't chose anyone.
    And didn't react fast enough to do it a second time - which makes sense, given that Ivo had less physical effort to make to shoot Shado than Oliver did to block another shot. Had the situation been reversed, the only thing different would've been the identity of the dead girl, and I'm willing to bet that Ivo chose Sarah first simply because he was certain Oliver was attached to her, knowing her better himself. Maybe he even wanted to spare Sarah out of some feeling of attachment of his own.

So no, Oliver didn't choose, and it wasn't his fault - but he's not experienced enough yet to understand the difference between firing a bullet and failing to step in front of one, and Slade's in no condition to listen to reason.

. . . Which, on reflection really speaks to how badly Mirakuru screws you up. Given Slade's profession, he'd have been trained to make exactly this kind of call, under exactly these kinds of pressures. That he's twisted up this badly, then, means that either he was a lot more attached to Shado than we ever realised - and I'm with Forumghost on the "sudden" aspect of all this - or the drug is just that powerful. Which, while in character (to a degree) for Deathstroke the Terminator . . .

Honestly, that's scary.

But then, Oliver had a tendency to over-react to things. His mother for example. Man, that plot makes Oliver seem like a dick. I mean, it's not like she slept with Merlin after she knew what kind of a monster he is. And if it's the cheating... Ollie, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Speaking as somebody with a similar family experience (which is all I'll say), I find forgiving Moira harder, myself. It's not just the affair, or the cheating - it's the lie. It's the kind of effects the lie can have. For example, it means that Thea's medical history is wrong; that she - or her children - could be susceptible to conditions that they'd never be aware of until it's too late, because they're not factoring in the Merlyn part of the equation. And in the immediate situation - Merlyn is alive and an active threat to Thea, every minute. And she has no idea whatsoever.

. . . I can understand not telling her until she's of an age to handle it. I can understand being reluctant to tell her, given Merlyn's actions. But never telling her at all . . .? No. I find Oliver's attitude perfectly justified - though as previously admitted, I have a bias.
    Last edited by Kieran; March 10th, 2014 at 04:26 PM.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    That's not a positive attitude, Felicity. Maybe she wanted Oliver to guard her?

Yup that was Harley.

To be fair, Amanda, your whole plan wasn't that brilliant after all in the first place (not to mention a bit of a fail with the special effects, sicne I doubt that explosion could have taken out the whole building, but nothing serious)

Aaaaaw shit. Talk about a deal with the devil. Wow even Amanda is scared of Slade and puts her on alert immediately. During the timeskiphe became criminal!Batman, to be a threat to everyone?
    Getting wealthy, killing people across the world, getting a cool nome de guerre and outfit, planning revenge... he's really living the dream.

Banned
    Speaking of Batman, I loved the short cameo of Harley Quinn even though we didn't see her. Her voice was unmistakeable and the therapist bit totally alludes to her.

Blog Entries
    That's not a positive attitude, Felicity. Maybe she wanted Oliver to guard her?
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Speaking of Batman, I loved the short cameo of Harley Quinn even though we didn't see her. Her voice was unmistakeable and the therapist bit totally alludes to her.
    Yup that was Harley.
    A-yup. And that means that the Joker's active, too - scary.

To be fair, Amanda, your whole plan wasn't that brilliant after all in the first place (not to mention a bit of a fail with the special effects, sicne I doubt that explosion could have taken out the whole building, but nothing serious)
    More surprisingly, why waste an asset like that? Couldn't they have just tagged the coordinates? It's not like the house was suddenly going to move, right?

Aaaaaw shit. Talk about a deal with the devil. Wow even Amanda is scared of Slade and puts her on alert immediately. During the timeskiphe became criminal!Batman, to be a threat to everyone?
    Getting wealthy, killing people across the world, getting a cool nome de guerre and outfit, planning revenge... he's really living the dream.
    That's Deathstroke to a "T"(een Titans ).

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    A-yup. And that means that the Joker's active, too - scary.
    Mah, honestly, I doubt it. That would mean ignoring TDK (although I don't see any immediate plans for Batman and Joker in a live action medium anyway). Plus, there is always the problem of how does Harley fits in the (supposed) continuity. I think that Harley's cameo in Arrow is just that, a one-shot cameo/"easter egg".

More surprisingly, why waste an asset like that? Couldn't they have just tagged the coordinates? It's not like the house was suddenly going to move, right?
    To be fair, it's not like Floyd did something no one else could have done. Maybe Bronze Tiger sneaking-killing past the villa's security, but Floyd was kind of expendable in this particular situation. Not to mention that the whole premise of the Suicide Squad is dangerous, from technically letting free dangerous criminals (who may or may not eventually find a way to get free, in which case good job screwing up) to the media finding out that the government is using said criminals for illegal undercover operations on foreign soil (although this is unlikely). I can see why Amanda went with "might as well get rid of one of them once and for all", but then he survived and went "might as well keep them for another eventual shot at it".

Blog Entries
    Mah, honestly, I doubt it. That would mean ignoring TDK (although I don't see any immediate plans for Batman and Joker in a live action medium anyway). Plus, there is always the problem of how does Harley fits in the (supposed) continuity. I think that Harley's cameo in Arrow is just that, a one-shot cameo/"easter egg".
    You're probably right - but on the other hand, if they do tie "Arrow" into the "Justice League" movie continuity (as a lot of us have been hoping for), then it's not impossible. And since the second Man of Steel movie is supposed to deal with an older Bruce Wayne/Batman, Harley's presence even makes a sort of sense.

To be fair, it's not like Floyd did something no one else could have done. Maybe Bronze Tiger sneaking-killing past the villa's security, but Floyd was kind of expendable in this particular situation. Not to mention that the whole premise of the Suicide Squad is dangerous, from technically letting free dangerous criminals (who may or may not eventually find a way to get free, in which case good job screwing up) to the media finding out that the government is using said criminals for illegal undercover operations on foreign soil (although this is unlikely). I can see why Amanda went with "might as well get rid of one of them once and for all", but then he survived and went "might as well keep them for another eventual shot at it".
    Fair point. And it is in-character for the stone-cold bitch who is Amanda Waller. It's just wasteful, to my mind - people with Lawton's skills aren't easy to come by covertly, because they're highly coveted. To have one that you basically have a leash on, and at the same time, is disposable and more-or-less untraceable, for the purpose of running black ops . . .

Well, I'd think you'd want to maximise the value of the asset. And again, it's not like programming the drone to attack a stationary target should be hard.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Wow, they crammed in a lot last night - maybe too much? Some of the developments seemed a bit rushed, to me.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Wow, they crammed in a lot last night - maybe too much? Some of the developments seemed a bit rushed, to me.
    Maybe a little, but I think in this case it's actually more effective that way. This is the 'Empire Strikes Back' Episode, where the bad guy comes in and fucks up all of Olivers shit.

So we have Roy Leaving, Lance Arrested, Queen Consolidated under Slade's Control (BTW, this was so obvious, I literally facepalmed when Ollie made that bitch CEO), The prison breakout, and on a more personal level, Thea and Laurel reeling from Slade's revelations.

What we need to see next is how/when team Arrow will recover from getting their collective ass handed too them.

Blog Entries
    Maybe a little, but I think in this case it's actually more effective that way. This is the 'Empire Strikes Back' Episode, where the bad guy comes in and fucks up all of Olivers shit.
    Yeah, but taking two episodes to do it might have been better.

(BTW, this was so obvious, I literally facepalmed when Ollie made that bitch CEO)
    Yeah, I agree with you on that - it's like he forgot why she was there in the first place.

What we need to see next is how/when team Arrow will recover from getting their collective ass handed too them.
    It's not going to be an easy climb - and I suspect things will actually get worse before they get better.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Yeah, a lot happened, but I'm not dissatisfied.

Poor everyone.

Isabel looked suspicious since the very start, but I wouldn't have guessed she was Rose.

Slade is having the time of his life, ruining Oliver's life, jailbreaking with style and hearing the voices of the dead, don't you rain on his parade. Plus, he knows a lot of things... how did he know about Merlyn and Thea?

I don't get what his plan his, supporting Brother Blood and hiring the criminals, but we'll see.

(I still don't like the katana, sorry, it may even make sense, but that's just something I can't get over)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    He's like a google of himself

Blog Entries
    Isabel looked suspicious since the very start, but I wouldn't have guessed she was Rose.
    A good guess, but I'm not sure she is - she said "The sins of the father are visited on the son," which implies that her grievance is with Robert Queen . . . Maybe Moira isn't the only one to have had a lovechild?

Slade is having the time of his life, ruining Oliver's life, jailbreaking with style and hearing the voices of the dead, don't you rain on his parade.
    Deathstroke is one of the DC Universe's top-tier villains. Not in the sense of say, being as powerful as Darkseid or as well known as the Joker, but he's one that everybody respects. So in that regard, I'm pretty happy with his characterisation thus far.

Plus, he knows a lot of things... how did he know about Merlyn and Thea?
    An excellent question. And another good one, I think, is "Where is Merlyn?"

I don't get what his plan his, supporting Brother Blood and hiring the criminals, but we'll see.
    Yup.

(I still don't like the katana, sorry, it may even make sense, but that's just something I can't get over)
    It's been Deathstroke's trademark weapon since the beginning, so it had to be included. Sorry.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    A good guess, but I'm not sure she is - she said "The sins of the father are visited on the son," which implies that her grievance is with Robert Queen . . . Maybe Moira isn't the only one to have had a lovechild?
    THat's what I thought at first, but then I saw her with Slade, and I assumed she was Slade's daughter?... Oh boy, imagine if after they finally defeat Slade his son and daughter are also searching for revenge...

Deathstroke is one of the DC Universe's top-tier villains. Not in the sense of say, being as powerful as Darkseid or as well known as the Joker, but he's one that everybody respects. So in that regard, I'm pretty happy with his characterisation thus far.
    Yup.

I just like picturing Slade having the best time of his life (from a supervillain p-o-v)... he gets all the cool stuff, everything goes the way he wants... what a time to be alive.

(Plus, I wonder... how did he manage to become so wealthy?)

An excellent question. And another good one, I think, is "Where is Merlyn?"
    A good question. Maybe he's busy rebuilding an empire (but this time in the shadows)? And will Amanda be further involved in the hunt for Slade?

It's been Deathstroke's trademark weapon since the beginning, so it had to be included. Sorry.
    No, not a katana. A broadsword/whatever, and this is something I always liked about the character. It was a bit of fresh air. Even if it made little sense for a combat pragmatist/ex-soldier, it was still amusing to see him using such a weapon.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Squick*

Blog Entries
    THat's what I thought at first, but then I saw her with Slade, and I assumed she was Slade's daughter?... Oh boy, imagine if after they finally defeat Slade his son and daughter are also searching for revenge...
    Well, the original Ravager isn't much, all things considered - but Rose is trickier to handle, with her precognition (and if she's been serum-boosted). And Joe/Jericho is a pacifist, so . . . *shrugs*

We'll see, though I'm still not quite ready to buy Isabel as Rose, yet.

(Plus, I wonder... how did he manage to become so wealthy?)
    When you're the world's best contract killer, you can charge a lot.

A good question. Maybe he's busy rebuilding an empire (but this time in the shadows)? And will Amanda be further involved in the hunt for Slade?
    A very good question - I'm wondering why they went to Lance instead of her, to be honest. She has an axe to grind with Slade (and warrants), where the S.C.P.D. didn't.

No, not a katana. A broadsword/whatever, and this is something I always liked about the character. It was a bit of fresh air. Even if it made little sense for a combat pragmatist/ex-soldier, it was still amusing to see him using such a weapon.
    OK - most modern variations have him using the katana, so my mistake.

*Squick*
    Oh, yeah - I forgot about that. *twitches* Maybe it's something else, then.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Banned
    *Squick*
    Arrow: Hillbilly Edition

Now, why you got to be evil Summer Glau? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Latest episode:

How did the guards not notice Oliver appreaching? Also, I still wouldn't take my mask off even with security cameras disabled.

Jesus, the Queen family is one messed up family.

HOLY SHIT SLADE'S IN THE QUIVER.

Slade takes it a bit too easily for a professional, also why did the guard just stand there?

Hints, hints, hints (Arthur Light). Yay Barry being mentioned. Also Iris (poor Felicity). Although really, give us the damn episode already, geez.

The STARlabs staff is smart enough, uh. But why did the police let Diggle and Felicity in?

Poor detective Lance. Also, I agree with the lawyer, it won't be always that easy, Laurel.

Oliver plans an epic counterattack with the submarine.

Blog Entries
    Jesus, the Queen family is one messed up family.
    No joke.

Hints, hints, hints (Arthur Light).
    Yeah, I caught that - but do we get the lobotomised version, or the badass?

Yay Barry being mentioned. Also Iris (poor Felicity).
    We sort of knew that was coming, though, right?

Although really, give us the damn episode already, geez.
    Amen - though I've yet to hear anything about if and when.

The STARlabs staff is smart enough, uh. But why did the police let Diggle and Felicity in?
    As I recall, isn't S.T.A.R. Labs renting the storage space from Queen Consolidated?

Poor detective Lance. Also, I agree with the lawyer, it won't be always that easy, Laurel.
    Agreed - and that's not encouraging.

Oliver plans an epic counterattack with the submarine.
    It ought to be.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Yeah, I caught that - but do we get the lobotomised version, or the badass?
    Dunno what you mean, I just caught the reference.

We sort of knew that was coming, though, right?
    Yeah, but I didn't think it would happen right from the start. Btw, something I was thinking yesterday... Flash is heavily affiliated with the figure of Hermes/Mercury, who is the messenger of the gods. Who else acts as the divine messenger of Olympus? Iris, goddess of the rainbow. I wonder if it's just a coincidence.

Amen - though I've yet to hear anything about if and when.
    Pilot episode is supposed to be aired in the first days of May, IIRC.

As I recall, isn't S.T.A.R. Labs renting the storage space from Queen Consolidated?
    Didn't remeber that.

Oh, and I forot to mention, Isabel too now has mirakuru in her veins...