Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternal Rubicon - OOC

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully will be able to start the battle phase at the end of this week.

Also, thought of Stevie the moment I saw this (skip to 2:52).

Pretty much.

Blog Entries
    Weapon ranges have been added to the sheets.

EP 1/2 perks will be posted in the evening along with the next post.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Range, how does it work.

[05:53] <TheOneMellonpan> Movement ranges for Rubicons are: E-D: 3 Squares, C-B: 4 Squares, A: 5 Squares.

[06:02] <TheOneMellonpan> Guys, if I didn't specify a range on your trump card then that means that it is the same as battleship range.

[06:02] <TheOneMellonpan> E.g the entire map, but might lose some accuracy at extreme ranges.

[06:04] <Kuroyuki> What about if I have range 2 and someone is at Range 1?
    [06:04] <TheOneMellonpan> You cant use most ranged weapons at melee range.

[06:07] <TheOneMellonpan> Oh, and guys standard weapons are either 2-4 (C and below) or 2-5 (B and above) for ranged weapons.

Blog Entries
    Episode 1/2 Perks

Trilateral Alliance

Spectres of Initium

(Pilot Perk)

Zach’s encounters with his past have left him somewhat shaken and prone to be overtaken by intense emotions when facing those involved with the events surrounding Initium and its subsequent destruction. CLS is boosted slightly when combating these individuals. However, if such a unit is on the battlefield (and Zach has knowledge of its pilot), Zach will completely lose his access to Tactical Advantages (from all superior officers) for as long as he does not move to attack or otherwise engage the target individuals. Additional disadvantages may occur if the “non engagement” period surpasses 3 turns.

Negotiations are Over

(Operative Perk)

Not something Stevie has learned per se, but rather something he has accepted. Coming from his past and reinforced by what happened on Nova Calendus, Stevie has fundamentally accepted the fact that some times negotiations are doomed to fail from the outset. But such formalities can still, at times, provide an opportunity. Any initial offensive action launched while the other party is in conversation with Stevie gains a beneficial modifier to its damage.

Destructive Enthusiasm

(Piloting Perk)

An almost childlike exuberance takes over Freira when using completely new weaponry for the first time. When Freira uses a new weapon in battle for the first time, actions using that weapon are enhanced in effectiveness for the duration of the fight. However, when a new weapon is used, the effectiveness of weaponry not associated with that specific weapon is somewhat lowered in effectiveness.

European-Asiatic Union

My Little Helper

(Operative Perk)

Kang’s experiences on board Nova Calendus has left a lasting impression on the Vice-Captain, especially when it comes to the necessity of proper preparation. While there is limits to what one can carry by himself, you have taken it upon yourself to redesign your Haro to better suit ground combat. By internalizing it in its fame, Haro is capable of storing one additional piece of standard equipment (non stat restricted), granting access of it to Kang when needed.

One Against Many

(Piloting Perk)

While sniping is Melvin’s standard forte, your recent engagements have left you with a rather bitter after-taste and a burning desire not to have the same situation occur twice. And while after your brief stint of training, you would hardly call yourself a master of fighting multiple opponents, you can say that you are at least somewhat better in it then you were previously. When engaging more then 2 opposing enemy Mobile Suits at the same time, evasive capabilities are somewhat increased.

Brutal Blade

(Operative Perk)

While one could use many terms to describe Takeshi’s “style” of close combat, the most commonly used one, without a doubt, would be “ruthless”. Completely without mercy and always angling for the most amount of damage, it would not be a stretch to say that the white haired man, at least based on his combat style, would be someone more far more at home in the for gladiatorial pits, rather then in civilized duels at dawn. When fighting against an opponent, successful attacks that manage wound the enemy have a large chance of dealing increased damage. On the flip side, due to the vicious nature of the fighting style, attempts to capture or subdue the enemy without killing him are greatly reduced in effectiveness.

Blog Entries
    EP 3 Combat Map

All EAU characters will hear a intercomm announcement asking them to go to the briefing room, so that we can move on.

Alliance wrapup and briefing will come tomorrow. Neko, Morm if you want the CARD GAMEZU results, contact me on IRC.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Hey, EAU team, you still alive you there?

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Has the Tomino Kill'Em All reared its head earlier than anticipated?

Now that would sorta be a shame.

Blog Entries
    There goes Dranzu's New Perk.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm alive
    Just busy

Blog Entries
    Okies.

For Alliance, the deadline is Saturday. If I haven't gotten anything by then (either IC posts or a working plan of some sorts), I will plop you down in the fight with a disadvantage.

GAAAAAAAAAH.

I'M SORRY GUYS ;A;

BEEN SWAMPED WITH WORK ;A;

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Okay guys. A bit of guidelines.

Here, in case you have not noticed, is the map.

When you do any action in the fight, you have to update your position on the map. If there is no movement on the map, the action does not count. You can do one movement action and one attack action per turn. There is no turn order per se, so right now move and do actions as you wish. Once an engagement begins, turn order is decided on the basis of your suits MNV.

Everyone has their weapon ranges on their sheet. Movement ranges follow a E-D = 3 squares, C-B = 4 squares, A = 5 squares pattern. Ranged weapons typically are wider then that. Both weapon ranges and movement ranges follow this sort of pattern (the image reflects C-B movement range). The number of squares is from your position to each of the 4 cardinal directions. After that, you "connect the dots", so to speak.

If you have any questions, do fire away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-B Real.jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	10740
    Last edited by Mellon; July 21st, 2014 at 12:01 AM.

[18:05] <Dranes> With the one being, is there any round/turn thing to keep in mind?
    [18:08] <Mellon> When you engage with someone, the turn order after the initial action is decided upon by your MNV.
    [18:08] <Mellon> The first turn is based on who fires first.
    [18:09] <Mellon> Then it goes based on your MNV.
    [18:09] <Mellon> If the higher MNV suit attacks first, then the second suit can only do a defensive action.

[18:09] <Mellon> Before the higher MNV suit can fire again.
    [18:10] <Mellon> Wheras you get a full turn if you have the higher MNV.
    [18:12] <Mellon> Basically things will go either - A (Initiator) acts > B (higher MNV acts) > A acts.
    [18:13] <Mellon> Or A (higher MNV + Initiator) acts > B defensive action > A attacks again > B can retaliate.

Blog Entries
    Oh right. Ship movement. All ships can move their length + 1 (E-C) or + 2 (B-A) squares per turn. So 4 or 5. Ships can also only be either horizontally or vertically positioned on the map. No diagonal silliness.

Also, basic ranged weaponry is either 2-4 (E-C) or 2-5 (B-A)
    Last edited by Mellon; July 21st, 2014 at 07:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Deadline for the first turn is Friday. If you guys finish faster, the next turn will start earlier.

If you have not moved/acted by then, you will be stationary for that turn. If you have not moved till the second turn, I'll take over your character.

If you cant post, let me know and we will work something out.

Blog Entries
    Reminder, tomorrow is the deadline.

People to post so far:

EAU - Magos, Lurk, Sei, Race, Snax (decide if you want to launch or sit on board the Ark)

Alliance - Hero, Mereo, Neko

Yeah, I guess I'm sitting on board for a while. I'll be sitting in the hangar bay waiting to help people if they dock (repairs) or launch if there's a contingency. Other than that I don't think I have much to post.

Just something I noticed while making my post.

The date of the battle should be, at the earliest, Monday, April 16th, since that's when the Alliance had their briefing.