Thread: Eternal Rubicon - OOC

Blog Entries
    I'M LATE I'M LATE I'M LATE!

Redoing/Sending sheet

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurogane View Post
    I'M LATE I'M LATE I'M LATE! Redoing/Sending sheet
    Is your character gonna appear in the RP with a toast in his/her mouth?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Hey Mellon, can you tell us which factions control which colonies and orbitals around the solar system; as well as the major colonies themselves?
    Moon - Cosmopolis - The largest colony of mankind in space, Cosmopolis is controlled by United Nations. In essence, the only non-affiliated colony, it has not been attacked or drawn into the war in any way whatsoever. This is mainly due to the fact that Cosmopolis also holds the UN Council where all the sides go to bicker with each other and try to appear as the "good guys". Cosmopolis also holds the "UN Space Fleet North" - one of the largest standing fleets in space (albeit slightly technologically lagging), making it hard to assault, even if any of the sides had any intention to do so.

Moon - Victoria - One of the two main military bases of the EAU in space, Victoria is located on the far side of the Moon in the South Pole–Aitken basin. Known also colloquially as "the Furnace", it is the largest centre of mining and production currently in space and is responsible for producing the vast majority of parts and ships for the EAU Fleet. This, of course, has made it a huge target for the Alliance, who have so far tried to assault the lunar city for three times now. The first two times, they were pushed back by the three gigantic orbital military platforms surrounding Victoria, called "Trinity". "Operation Nemesis", the third attempt at destroying the city, didn't even make it to assault range, as it was completely wiped out by Rubicons (marking the first time Rubicons were deployed in battle).

Lagrange 3 - Joint Operative Headquarters Nebulus - A massive colony that serves as the logistical and strategical centre of the Alliance Navy, Joint Operative Headquarters Nebulus (or JOH-N) is the largest open space colony ever created. It is also one of the most militarized ones, consisting of almost no civilians and possessing a military population that surpasses 9 million. Due to this and its relative distance from most Alliance supply bases, it should be evident that there would be some sort of supply issues in maintaining this gigantic base... but for some unknown (and well hidden) reason, JOH-N manages to supply almost all the needed materials and necessities needed for its troops. Not only that, but the number of soldiers and ships stationed there seems to increase daily. As such, JOH-N remains one of the few places the EAU have not dared to attack, even with the overwhelming power of possessed by their Rubicons

More later.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    More later.
    Cool so far, are there any colonies beyond the Asteroid Belt like on Titan or one of Jupiter's many moons? I'm writing up my character background and want to be an outer colony kid.

Blog Entries
    Not really. It has been only 29 years after all. Mankind hasn't reached that far yet (and it would take a united effort to get that far, which this whole "war" thing is kinda interrupting).

Also added 2 more suits to the OP.

Not really. It has been only 29 years after all. Mankind hasn't reached that far yet (and it would take a united effort to get that far, which this whole "war" thing is kinda interrupting).
    So the farthest out Humanity has gotten so far would be Mars or one of the larger planetoids in the Asteroid Belt?

Blog Entries
    Yeah. There is a bunch of independent corporations out in the Asteroid Belt (mainly mining M-Type asteroids) along with pirates, as well as a fair amount of smaller military outposts (along with Nova Calendus, actually), both mercenary and EAU/Allaince, to counter said piracy.

The miners basically dig out an asteroid (while living in it) and then just leave it behind, so there is a lot of abandoned "shell bases" around (something which pirates absolutely love). Its distant enough to be relatively unimportant to either the Alliance or the EAU though (the effort to control the area is pointless when they can just buy shit from the miners for a fraction of the cost), so they are relatively independent.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I assume the colonies are mostly in the Asteroid Belt, Mars, and the Moon, then? And each country can be assumed to have at least one colony, right?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

World-building
    Okay, got it. So I'm planning to have my PC be ~30 ATM; would it be correct to say that Cosmopolis was the only colony founded at the time and was just getting off the ground at the time of his birth? Finally, when did they start letting kids on the first colonies?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungandr View Post
    I assume the colonies are mostly in the Asteroid Belt, Mars, and the Moon, then? And each country can be assumed to have at least one colony, right?
    Various Lagrange points, Asteroid Belt, Moon, one or two on Mars (relatively unimportant and small seed colonies), some "free space" colonies and battlestations.

The (civilian) colonies themselves were created by an international effort, so they really aren't "owned" by any countries, but are rather independent "nations" in the UN (well, at least the larger ones). Some are Alliance, some are EAU, some are Pact and some are completely independent (like the Asteroid Belt corporations and their minor colonies).

Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Okay, got it. So I'm planning to have my PC be ~30 ATM; would it be correct to say that Cosmopolis was the only colony founded at the time and was just getting off the ground at the time of his birth? Finally, when did they start letting kids on the first colonies?
    Cosmopolis was completed (per original design) 29 years ago, so I guess? It was pretty much built as a "space city" to begin with, so children would have been there from the start. They branched out pretty fast though (there were a 4-5 larger colonies built within the next 3-4 years).
    Last edited by Mellon; February 25th, 2014 at 02:44 AM.

Cosmopolis was completed (per original design) 29 years ago, so I guess? It was pretty much built as a "space city" to begin with, so children would have been there from the start.
    Oh, I thought that they started construction on Cosmopolis 29 years ago. So that works out either way, now to my word document!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungandr View Post
    Is your character gonna appear in the RP with a toast in his/her mouth?
    Sadly. I'm making the strict Class President/Morals Department head.

Well I redesigned my sheet so I'm trying out for Alliance Long Range/Special

Blog Entries
    Also, I know I said the deadline for submissions is on the 9th of March, but I was thinking of starting to lock in some of the more contested slots earlier, so that those that didn't make it with that "slot" can change their sheet and apply for a different one (if they so desire of course). Obviously, I wouldn't lock in any slots that I haven't gotten all the applications for.

What do you guys think? Would you like it all in one go, or would you like a slow (say 1-2 per day) trickle of confirmed applications?

What do you guys think? Would you like it all in one go, or would you like a slow (say 1-2 per day) trickle of confirmed applications?
    All in one go. Also, I just finished my final revision until we get the PC/NPC relationships, secret roles, etc.

EDIT: Mellon I messed up the age on my CS, it should be 29 not 24.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Edit: Made a mistake, changing vote to confirmed apps being shown day by day.
    Last edited by Zagrin; February 25th, 2014 at 07:48 AM.

You should probably show them in one go if you have decided they'll be in already. Otherwise you'd be lying about which roles are available for those who didn't make it and want a second chance.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    If there are space pirates are there also space privateers?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Basically, if that means all at once right now for those you have accepted then that option.

But if you mean that on March 9th then trickle down.

So in other words, the choice that gives us the most info in the shortest span of time.

If you have decided on any roles, i'd rather you post them up.

But hey, you're the GM. Just do as you want :V

Blog Entries
    If you've seen some sheets for certain roles and decided that those sheets definitely get those roles then it won't hurt to post which roles are set in stone so that people who shot for those have a chance to reroll.