Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Slash Emperor - ADO EDEM FC

US Friend Code
    I know this club is dead-ish and all, but...
    Bah, I was in the mood.
    This is planned to be a five-parter. Just snippets, not a full proper story. I can't do that kind of justice.
    And I'll post more as they finish/enough people like it.

---

Birth of a Knight

He opened his eyes for the first time. Blinking several times, he looked down, lifting his hands as well. He stared at them, then looked down again, at his legs and other parts of his body he could see and identify. Even if he did not know how he knew what they were. Looking up, he saw people outside his tube – circular chamber – , some staring at him with surprise, others beginning to cheer. One of them, a woman – tag for female humanoid species - made gestures at the others, and they all stopped. She then walked to a computer – device used for various data processing purposes – and picked up a small device.

“Excuse me.” He started, eyes darting in a slight panic,unknown fighting instincts awakening in him. “Calm down, calm down. I'm outside, look.” He turned back to look at the people outside. The woman was moving her arm back and forth. “Listen, can you wave at me?” He blinked, watching her. “Like this? Do what I am doing.” He stared at her as she continued 'waving'. He raised his right arm slowly, stretching his fingers slowly, then imitated her motions.

“Good job, now can you speak?” He blinked again. She waited for him to speak – use of larynx and throat to create sound in coherent form for communicative purpose – while he kept staring at her. He slowly opened his mouth, unused muscles slowly beginning their functions, as small sounds escaped his throat. The woman frowned, and turned to the others in the room, talking to them while putting the device away, so that he couldn't hear them.

“I...”

They all turned back to him. She picked up the device again.

“I...”

She was smiling – an expression of happiness – now. “That's it, keep going...”

“I.. am... I...” He stopped, trying to form the words in his mind. He opened his mouth again. “Who... am... I...?” The woman turned to a man – tag for male humanoid species – who handed her something. She looked at it, before nodding and turning to him again.

“You are Ether Liner number 34, a Knight of Humanity, and your name is Ado Edem.” As she spoke the words, he began losing consciousness. His last sight was several men entering with a strange bed – furniture used to rest, sleep or lay down on – and bring it to his tube.

“... Ado... Edem...”

---
    ... Does anyone remember this thread: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-input-welcome ?

So, according to D&D's alignment check, I'm a True Neutral. Huh.

Blog Entries
    Huh. Interesting...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Hey guys, why is there a Fan Club about me here?

This fanfic is not mine in anyway, shape or form. This Fanfic belongs to Hollewanderer from spacebattles.com forums.

Here is the Link

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...0#post-9213586

It was an early day of spring; a sacred day, a day of the blessed ritual.

The air was still, almost insufferably so, and it was hot, oh so hot, the sun shining mercilessly upon those participants who gathered to witness – and participate – in the rite. It would mark their passage towards even greater mastery of their divine gift, and each of them understood its importance, its gravitas and influence.

After all, upon its completion, they would be receive a great boon. A companion that would assist them for their entire life, that would help them and protect them – even if it meant that it would have to sacrifice itself.

A familiar.

There have been many summoned already, called forth from the far reaches of the world to serve those who received the Founder’s blessing. It was a marvelous menagerie to behold, full of all kinds of beasts and creatures – some of them were normal animals, nothing but crows and frogs and cats enhanced by the sacred magic to serve their masters properly, but there were also the rarer, magical creatures, those that possessed a certain innate power of their own, and of them, the great dragon was the centre of attention. The person who called it forth surely had a bright future ahead of her; mages with such familiars were highly sought after as knights, after all.

And yet, there was someone who was most definitely not happy to participate in this momentous occasion, and who was only further aggravated by the cheers and laughter of her peers.

They should have more dignity, damn it, not laugh and laugh and look at her with that infuriating expectation in their eyes. She saw those smirks on some of their faces, she wouldn’t let them deny that!

Not like they would try to, though. At first, perhaps they would have, afraid of her name and the influence it brought, but by now? Nobody took her seriously anymore. After all, she was just an incompetent little girl, with neither magic ability nor the good looks and pleasant temperament to make up for it. A shame of her family, who only received some sick parody of the sacred gift.

A Zero.

She studied far harder than any of them, she knew that much for a fact – and yet any one of these fools was a better mage than she, who couldn’t do anything but break things, without putting in even a fraction of the effort. Were some of these whispers really accurate? Was she really forsaken by God?

She shook her head in irritation and stepped forward as the old man Colbert called her forth. It was hardly the time to worry about the mocking voices behind her backs.

She would just have to prove them wrong. Complete the sacred rite, summon her familiar and show them once and for all that she was not just some failure.

And so, Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière, the youngest daughter of the esteemed Vallière family, raised her wand and spoke the words of the Springtime Familiar Summoning Ritual, each syllable passed down through the countless generations of mages resounding in the stale air with firmness and conviction.

And in the young girl’s heart, a clear, pure wish burned, a desire for a familiar of power, a being of such strength and beauty that nobody would dare to mock her, to doubt her power and lineage, ever again.

The vast, verdant plain on which the rite was performed shook, ground and grass alike torn out and thrown into the air by the power of the explosion. She just stood there, uncaring for the dirt on her cloak and face, staring at the cloud of smoke that obscured the hole where the summoning was supposed to take place with a mix of terror and expectation.

Did she succeed? Did she prove her birthright?

Or would it just be the final proof that she was a failure, an incompetent girl cursed with a magic that could only destroy, never create anything beautiful?

The moment stretched into an eternity, and then her question was answered, Louise releasing the breath that she did not realise that she was holding.

In front of her stood a giant, easily twice as tall as she, clad in black metal and a strange, matching garb, not quite unlike a coat, yet made of a different fabric than anything that Louise had seen in her life. It could not be a man, obviously not, even if it did show an uncanny resemblance to an armoured knight – humans just did not grow so big. Perhaps a golem, then, she thought, as she saw the soaring sunlight reflect off the smooth, metallic helmet of the summoned being.

She hoped not, though; golems had creators and owners, after all, and it would be an awfully awkward affair to have someone come looking for her familiar, wanting to take it back. It was a proof of her power, certainly, but it was not something that would make the laughter stop. She would still be the same old Zero to everyone, failing even in her lone success.

At least now they have shut up. She really did not want to deal with their whispers when she was trying to contract something like that.

The giant, in turn, just stared at Louise for a moment, then turned to look at his – or its – surroundings, moving with a strange, seemingly deliberate slowness. He then stepped out of the hole, the ground shaking under his boots, and his gaze returned to the young girl in front of him.

His eyes, or what passed for them, his posture, everything about him – they were terrifying. In her entire life, Louise had never seen something look so hollow, so broken and defeated. Not even on those cold, lonely nights when she cried in front of her mirror after another day full of failures.

She glanced in the direction of professor Colbert. The teacher, always so patient and often excitable like a young boy, now seemed somehow… strained? On the edge? She was not quite sure how to put it, but there was tension within him that she had learned to recognize from her mother, and which she did not expect to see there.

Did he also not know just what kind of being she called forth?

Was he scared?

“Very well, miss Vallière,” he started speaking, his tone calm as earlier; was she just seeing things? “I knew that you could do it. Now, please finish the ceremony.”

She took a step towards the metal colossus, the heat and the stale air becoming unbearable in the tension of the moment.

He did not seem to react to her coming closer, at least not in a violent way. She knew from her research that the summons could sometimes be rather… uncooperative at first, but that’s what the teachers were for, after all.

She glanced at her soon-to-be familiar again, who was now seemingly frozen, staring past her into empty space. Well, with that size and armour, a kiss on the lips was probably out of question. She’d have to climb, and that just would not do, no, not at all. Still, if the book she read about this was right, that would not be strictly necessary…

She gathered her courage and stepped forwards again. She would not fail here. She could not fail here!

After a moment, the giant knight seemingly snapped out of his momentary confusion, looking downwards at Louise, and spoke, his voice deep and rich and with just a hint of a metallic tinge to it and full of utter confusion.

“Why is there a little girl kissing my knee?”, he cast a nervous glance to the side, his stare stopping at Colbert, “This is really awkward and quite possibly illegal and I would like you to stop. I’m a Knight, I can’t just go wandering off to have little girls kiss my knees. Agitprop would kill me and I am almost certain that this would be terrible.”

Halfway through, Louise was already beet-red from embarrassment, and as the knight – showing no visible signs of actually being contracted, at that – kept going, she only felt worse. Little girl? She had a perfectly healthy physique for a sixteen-year old! It was not her fault that she summoned some kind of giant who was probably used to some kinds of boob monsters like Kirche anyways and-

And then the whispers started again. Always at the edge of hearing, laughing, mocking, lashing at her pride and dignity like a whip.

“Who are you?”, she asked, desperate to draw attention away from what just happened.

The giant paused for a moment, the twin red eyepieces in its helmet blinking. The fraction of a second seemed to drag out into eternity, and then he moved.

He extended his hand to the side, planted his armoured feet firmly on the ground and struck a pose that would have looked utterly ridiculous, like one of Guiche’s worst moments minus the rose held in teeth, if not for him being a metal-clad titan of a knight that looked like he could take on Tabitha’s dragon in a fistfight and win.

His black overcoat started to billow on a non-existant wind.

No, Louise mentally corrected herself, he really did look utterly ridiculous.

“I am the blade that slashes through stars! The slayer of witches, whose castle resides at the heart of the world! The greatest warrior of the hundred species of humanity, the unconquered champion that stood against all of heavens and cut them apart!”

There was certain something in his voice that put Louise on the edge, rising in intensity with every word he spoke. Almost as if certain tint of madness-

“The Knight of Ether who shouldered the hopes of the entire world! The Saviour of the Western Continent! The last, final word in posthuman warfare! I slash so many things that any story with me in it is automatically categorised as slash! Knight! Ado! Edem! But you can call me ‘sir’.”

Ah, that was it, Louise thought, a terrifying sense of certainty slowly creeping into her mind as her familiar-to-be clenched his fist and laughed at some kind of incomprehensible joke. He really was insane. She had summoned a crazy person.

She glanced back at the crowd of other students and Colbert, seeing a mixture of confusion, horror and disgust on their faces, in varying proportions. At least she found out that Tabitha does, in fact, have more than one facial expression.

She sighed quietly. Well, she figured, it could have been worse. She could have summoned some kind of peasant by accident.

That would have been terrible.

[Heavy On Fudge] [Notes - Nasuverse] - [Ado Edem]: [Slashfic] [Part 1]

Blog Entries
    He's back!
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    *After reading Erikonig-san's snippets*

Awwww. These are really good! Too bad this fan club died.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    There isn't much love* for Ado Edem.

*fanart.

they need to make a movie for Notes after all.
    Selapis kelopak mata membatasi aku dan engkau
    Setiap napas mendekatkan sekaligus menjauhkan kita
    Engkau membubatku putus asa dan mencinta
    Pada saat yang sama

Dee from book Supernova - Gelombang / Wave