Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vita Hackable On Latest Firmware. English Patched Games Now 100% Possible. Realta Nua & /Hollow Ataraxia Vita English Patch When?

Vita Hackable On Latest Firmware. English Patched Games Now 100% Possible. Realta Nua & /Hollow Ataraxia Vita English Patch When?

(God I hope I posted this in the right place)
    Hello all. If you have been living under a rock for the past week & have no idea what the title of this desperate thread is I will explain
    • Group of righteous lads released a hack that works on the LATEST firmware
    • Hack enables access to Vita's files
    • With this modding games & their save files is now 100000000000% possible

Yeah so quite possibly the best thing to ever happen to that handheld happened. Famous Vita hacker posted a pic and tutorial on how to mod save files. He also confirmed that IT IS COMPLETELY POSSIBLE TO ADD ENGLISH AND 18+ PATCHES TO VITA GAMES. Another dude further proved this as truth by MODDING ENGLISH PERSONA 4 GOLDEN TO HAVE JP DUB INSTEAD OF ENGLISH. Video and tutorial and all

So that leaves why I'm making this thread. I, the ambitious little dickhead, tried to English patch my /Hollow Ataraxia game and cement my legacy by being the first person to english patch a vita visual novel. Sadly I have not succeeded due to ignorance of how these things work. 2 entire days of trying just to give up. So I ask of any of you guys and gals here if you can make this into reality. My failure is because I couldn't open the .cpk file the vita game uses to add in the English text files. Had to use a .cpk unpacker but it simply refused to unpack any of /HA's .cpk files. Either because I have no idea how to use the dreaded command line or because those files somehow weren't supported as suggested by someone to me elsewhere.

Another english patch for Realta Nua & /HA DON'T need to be written from new for this to work. If lucky they'll work 100% just by modding them in but if the text file format is different all that needs to be done is converting the english text files to whatever the hell type of file the Vita ports use. Donno how difficult that would be though. So please tell me what you think and even better succeed where I failed. Thanks for reading this

Blog Entries
    There's already the opposite project of inserting the Vita voices to the PC release:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Voice-Project

We got the dump of the voices a couple of months ago and are working on editing the scripts.
    Doing the opposite will be more difficult since, as far as I know, we can only the edit the scenario files and the no the "data" files, which means word-wrapping will probably be an issue.

Blog Entries
    Wonder if it's to late to hope a few vita only games get a TL then.

i always wanted a translated tears to tiara Avalon no nazu, but it was completely impossible
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    There's already the opposite project of inserting the Vita voices to the PC release:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Voice-Project

We got the dump of the voices a couple of months ago and are working on editing the scripts.
    Doing the opposite will be more difficult since, as far as I know, we can only the edit the scenario files and the no the "data" files, which means word-wrapping will probably be an issue.
    But that's the thing. With this hack you can decrypt a Vita game's file. ALL of em & thus edit ANY file within that vita game before packing it back in as a .cpk file and modding it. As I said someone already modded an English P4G to have the JP dub instead of the english one and also I seen a mod that replaced the MC's model with Adachi so you play as him. Just unfortunately I failed at unpacking /HA's .cpk file so I have no idea how the game files are structured. Maybe someone on here knows? I don't know. I just hope anybody either here or whatever mods the vita ports to have an English patch with the new hack.

I would have loved to mod Realta Nua & /HA with english and 18+ packs. I will most definietly be trying again when my Muv-Luv games for Vita come

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quite ambitious. All I intended to do with this, if I had a Vita, would be to uncensor games, like Monster Monpiece.

Ah, FSN and FHA translated on Vita would be that final push for me to buy one TBH. Sure, it has many games I'd want, but still not enough incentive. I consider the Vita versions of FSN and FHA to be the final, ultimate versions so...

Itd be better to have the PC version with the Vita voices, than the Vita version with the PC english text though. Cos then everyone with a pc could play it.
    2006 F/SN DEEN Anime. Edited to fit the Fate route. Updated to actually work now. Replace normal episodes with these edited ones. If an episode isnt in here, watch the normal version.

Banned
    video games are for desks, not to be carried around

Blog Entries
    I honestly think my tablet might be more portable than my Vita though.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    video games are for desks, not to be carried around
    Why desk when you can bed

Blog Entries
    If you're not sleeping at your desk every night how do you plan to afford the gacha?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Why desk when you can bed
    If I'm in bed I am phoning, and you don't play games on your phone

Blog Entries
    You shouldn't be phoning it in in bed, that's just inconsiderate.

Banned
    phoning is anywhere, anytime

So is this something that is being worked on (or will at some point)? I've been meaning to play the VNs for ages but I just don't sit at my PC/laptop long enough to actually go through with it. A translated Vita version would be sweet.

Blog Entries
    Wait, the Vita is still being sold? I have seen literally 0 people with it in the past 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Wait, the Vita is still being sold? I have seen literally 0 people with it in the past 2 years

Lol. Not only has the thing sold 4 million copies worldwide by 2014 but it regularly outsells the PS4 in japan in weekly sales chart so god knows where you be looking. Sony actually announced more colors for the thing at the Tokyo Game Shows a few days ago

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    It's doing all right in Japan.

But yeah pretty much the only reason to get a Vita is if you play Japanese (as in, Japanese region) games. Then it's a pretty cool device.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    And this probably means it's going to be some time before we get hacks that keep working, like with the PSP (I think they were still releasing updates to try to stop people from hacking it even after it was dead as a system).

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    It's doing all right in Japan.

But yeah pretty much the only reason to get a Vita is if you play Japanese (as in, Japanese region) games. Then it's a pretty cool device.
    I bought my vita solely to play Persona 4 Golden. After that there hadn't any game that actually make me want to play on Vita. And now Extella is released when I already lost it. Such is life.

Imo Vita is a pretty good device, just not enough good games on it