Page 1 of 14 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: [Prismatic Illya FF] Homonculove

[Prismatic Illya FF] Homonculove

FFN Archive: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6852335/...hirous_Servant
    Contains chapters 1-9

Chapter 10 Part One: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post651280

XXX

"Homonculove" by Mereo Flere

A/N: A Prismatic Illya based scenario, where it will mostly focus on how Shirou became accustomed to being part of the Emiya-Einzbern family.

Prepare for just an ordinary slice of life story about a cute family doing cute things.

XXX

The sun was shining that day, like a bright smile that congratulated the boy on his discharge from the hospital. Its light was warm and comforting, and to Shirou it seemed to promise that peaceful days were waiting for him. However, that thought does nothing to reassure him at all – instead, it only puts him at more unease.

Is this really okay? That was the thought that goes through the boy's mind, as he looked up at the man beside him – the same man that had saved him from the fire, and visited him every day while he was being treated. That was already more than enough compassion shown to the boy – but to go even further, for the man to invite Shirou into his family… wasn't that just a little too much?

The man, Kiritsugu, looked down at the boy and gave him a smile as bright as the sun's rays. He saw in Shirou's eyes the worries going through the young boy's heart, and answered the Shirou's unspoken question with a gentle pat on the head. Kiritsugu then turned his eyes forward – to the house that he and his wife had purchased together. It was where his family, Shirou's family, would live together from now on. "Welcome home," he said warmly, before he gave Shirou a gentle push forward.

Shirou, though still afraid of doing something wrong, had no choice but to take the first step toward the future.

XXX

As a maid, Sella was used to going along with her mistress' whims. Irisviel, after all, could be a flighty person at times. Though her mistress was responsible in the times she needed to be, Sella had no doubt that the number of times Irisviel had brought strange things home is greater than the stars in the sky.

However, that was Irisviel. It was only the mistress that brought back weird souvenirs like a snakeskin fossil, a coin supposedly possessed by a dragon, or that one pile bunker that seemed to cause all of the carrots in the refrigerator to disappear. Her husband, Kiritsugu, usually had much better when it came to bringing back gifts.

…usually.

"And so that's why Shirou will be living with us starting today," the man explained – cheerfully grinning at the maid as the boy bowed politely when he is introduced.

"I-it's a pleasure to meet you."

If not for her pride as a maid she would have palmed her face in exasperation. Instead, she simply sighed and shook her head in wonderment.

"Kiritsugu-sama," she said in a weary, almost impatient tone. "Have you even discussed this over with Irisviel-sama?"

"Of course," Kiritsugu said with a nod. "In fact, it was her idea. She said a big brother would be the perfect present for Ilya," he continued, confirming the maid's suspicions of Irisviel sapping away his common sense. Still…

Sella massaged her temples, trying to delay the oncoming headache. Even if Irisviel was an easy going person, she wouldn't have made such a life altering decision on such a whim, right? Of course not, Sella assured herself... though that didn't change the fact that that sounded like something Irisviel would say, whatever Sella's mistress' true intentions were.

"Yes," Sella said, as she removed her hand from her face. "That sounds exactly like something she would say."

Even if she was troubled by the way her masters decided things, it wasn't her role to question Irisviel and Kiritsugu. No – more than anything else Sella had a duty to support her masters, no matter what path they decide to tread. Thus, despite the reluctance that took hold of her heart, she ignored those feelings and held the skirt of her uniform outward, curtseying for the boy.

"Welcome home, Shirou-sama," she said stiffly – careful to remember the suffix.

Shirou wondered, once again, if this would really be alright.

XXX

Where Sella had shown a disinclination to accept Shirou, the other maid of the house, Leysritt, had greeted him with a hug almost immediately – picking up the boy and smothering him with her ample chest. It was a gesture that was infinitely friendlier and more dangerous than the other maid's had been – for a moment Shirou had been sure he would suffocate, had Sella not stepped in and pulled them apart.

"He isn't here to be another maid," Sella explained dryly, able to understand the strange train of thought that had gone through Leysritt's head.

"Of course not," Leysritt said, blinking. "Maids are women. This is clearly a boy," she continued, turning Shirou around to face Sella. "Here, I'll show you."

Instinctively, Sella pulled Shirou away from Leysritt before the other maid could do her little demonstration. "He's not here to be a butler either," Sella said, her eyes rolling. "So he won't be doing any of your work for you."

"Oh?" Leysritt said, her excitement visibly deflating. "But then, what is he doing here then?"

"I've adopted him," Kiritsugu explained, seemingly unconcerned at all by Leysritt's antics – a fact that unnerved Sella a little. Part of her wanted to tell him to be a little bit more protective, though the rest of her decided to keep a silent vigil instead. "He's my new son."

Leysritt kneeled down until she was at eye level with the boy, examining him closely. She stroked her chin for a few moments, before frowning. "Kiritsugu," Leysritt said with a frown. "Your son isn't very new at all. I would say he is at least five years old."

Suddenly, Kiritsugu's head snapped towards Shirou – who froze on the spot. Shirou was unable to move as Kiritsugu leaned over Shirou, an investigative eye taking a close look at his son. For a moment, Shirou wondered if there was something wrong with him, something that Kiritsugu hadn't noticed before. Finally…

"You're right," Kiritsugu said, standing back up. "He does seem a bit old. He must be nearing six now."

Shirou bowed his head, fidgeting with his fingers. "I-I'm actually seven," he admitted, even though he was afraid that the truth would only make things worse.

"Is that so?" Kiritsugu said cheerfully, a hand ruffling up Shirou's hair. "I suppose that makes you my new old son."

"I'm pretty sure those two cancel each other out," Leysritt said sagely.

"Ah, of course," Kiritsugu agreed with a nod. "Then, I guess that just makes you my son."

Shirou sighed in relief… before realizing they had been intentionally messing with him. "It's not fair," he muttered, trying to pout but not quite succeeding, "Playing around with me like that."

"It's not fair," Leysritt admitted, a small smile gracing her features. "But you'll get used to it."

"That's what family is," Kiritsugu explained.

"Don't you feel a little embarrassed saying something like that, Kiritsugu-sama?" Sella asked, crossing her arms.

"…a little bit."

XXX

Shirou had met Irisviel once before when he had been in the hospital, so he already knew to call her "Mama" when he greeted her, even if it was a little embarrassing. If he hadn't, Irisviel would have certainly glared at him – and that was a fate no man, let alone a boy, could endure, at least that was what Kiritsugu had said. The only thing apparently more dangerous was her mystic eyes of puppy dogs, which had apparently slain every opponent that it had been used against.

However, behind Irisviel was a girl he had never seen before, though Shirou had no doubt about who it was; he had heard a lot about her in the hospital after all. While Ilyasviel poked her head out curiously, she still continued to use her mother as a shield – observing the boy just as much as he observed her. Sheepishly, he raised his hand and smiled at her. In return, she ducked behind Irisviel, leaving Shirou just standing there awkwardly waving his hand.

"Now now, Ilya-chan," Irisviel said, gently stepping aside – leaving no cover for the cowardly Ilya at all. "That's no way to greet your new older brother, right?"

"Actually," Kiritsugu corrected, as he nudged Shirou forward for the second time today. "We figured out that the two cancelled each other out."

"Is that so?" Irisviel said, tipping her head to the side. "But that won't do," she said. "After all, Shirou-kun is bigger than Ilya-chan."

Shirou looked up at Kiritsugu, only to find the man already looking down at him. Once again, Kiritsugu had a thoughtful expression on his face. "I suppose you're right," Kiritsugu said. "I suppose he's the big brother then."

"That's right!" Irisviel said.

"So…" Ilyasviel said, furrowing her brow. "I have big brother?"

"Yes," Irisviel answered. "You can call him 'Onii-chan!'"

Shirou stared at Irisviel, though he spared a moment to glance to Kiritsugu. He should have expected this, from the way Sella and Leysritt had reacted, but…

"Mother, Father," Shirou said slowly, still not quite used to using those words. "It sounds like my sister wasn't expecting me."

"Of course she wasn't," Kiritsugu said with an impish grin. "It would have ruined the surprise."

"Surprise!" Irisviel shouted cheerfully, pumping her fist in the air. In the background, Leysritt mimicked her mistress' actions, while Sella gave the world a defeated shrug. As for Ilya, she still looked very confused.

On the bright side, that meant that Shirou had already found something in common with his sister.
    Last edited by Mereo Flere; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

Last line was funny. ^_^ On the flip side, though, your tense flips from one of the past tenses to present during Sella's intro to Shirou.

Thanks, ringlhach.

I actually wrote this in present tense originally... and man, was it awkward.

nice i like it i'm definitely waiting for the next chapter

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I am obligated to read this. And boy am I suffering from WAFF syndrome.

Kudos.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Nasuverse needs WAFF like this.

Blog Entries
    STEALTH NANAKO SIGHTED.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ilya + WAFF = GOD
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

MOAR!!!!

Moar.......AWESOME NOW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Mook From SpaceBattles View Post

Long ago, in a distant timeline, I, Kyuubee, the Entropy-shifting Master of Grief, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish Mahou Shoujo wielding a magic shield stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, she tore open a portal in time and flung herself into the past, where my evil is raw! Now, the fool seeks to change the future, and undo the future that is Kyuubee..."

cute...
    definitely want more.

Nice. Gimme more please.
    Troublesome.

awesome...

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel all fluffy on the inside.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    I feel all fluffy on the inside.
    And the outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will their be more?

Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    Will their be more?
    Yes. Even though I do a lot of one shots, this is one that I want to continue writing for.

It's not my usual style, though, so it takes a lot more effort for me to try to do it well.

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mereo Flere View Post
    Yes. Even though I do a lot of one shots, this is one that I want to continue writing for.
    SQUEEEEEE!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huuray!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Glee and Joyapalooza!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.