Page 258 of 441 FirstFirst ... 158208248253256257258259260263268308358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Ah, Mushi-Shi. I remember the good ol' days when we group watched that in the Backloggers thread here on BL.

Actually, Imma just be lazy and copy and paste my thoughts on "The Heavy Seed" from that thread.
    An unnecessarily long post
    This episode revolves around the autumnal harvest and how important it is for farmers. Funnily enough, autumn is ending in real life too. The mysterious land that grants bountiful harvests even after a natural disaster, all at the cost of a human's life. It reminds me of the ancients, preforming human sacrifices to appease the gods, or ancestors in this case. Is the seed a result of equivalent exchange, or a forbidden fruit that tempts humans. A major debate in this episode is the needs of the many in contrast to the individual. Would the village have survived the natural disasters if they hadn't used the seed? We'll never know. Likewise, would the villagers be as willing if they knew the truth about the seed. After the wife of the priest died for the harvest last time, the priest decided to sacrifice his own life rather than go with Ginko's idea to burn the fields to destroy the seed. After seeing the man's resolve, Ginko decides to use the forbidden process of resurrection using the seed and ending the cycle without anyone dying. Was Ginko right? There's no government of Mushi-shi or the Mushi in general so it's up to the audience to decide. An amusing twist was that the immortal priest travelled the country, learning different farming techniques and teaching them to the village every generation so they won't have to rely on anything like the seed every again. In a sense, this is the true ancestral worship, the priest is an ancestor to the village now and by his grace watches over the village.
    Huh, that's neat.

Morality doesn't seem to be blatantly pushed on the reader in Mushishi besides the amoral nature of mushi; not really malevolent, but dangerous nonetheless.

Spoiler:
    Ginko's decision makes me think about the first case with the grandma and the sake cup. It seems to me that he's okay with interfering like that. At least he's not like Asagano.

Yoki...

I feel really bad about that one dude who lost his wife on that boat. Though at least he has a chance for a new life in that village and I can't tell if that kid was a girl or not.

Though sword smith dream mushi is pretty much the bar for tragic Mushishi case for me right now.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Huh, that's neat.
    Morality doesn't seem to be blatantly pushed on the reader in Mushishi besides the amoral nature of mushi; not really malevolent, but dangerous nonetheless.
    Yeah, Mushi are a lot like Natural Phenomenon such as rain or wind. They can help humans in certain circumstances or in others become harmful (e.g Floods and hurricanes).

Spoiler:
    Ginko's decision makes me think about the first case with the grandma and the sake cup. It seems to me that he's okay with interfering like that. At least he's not like Asagano.

Yoki...
    Ginko usually advocates the path to living alongside Mushi peacefully, though if the situation demands it he will exorcise Mushi or go against bad humans.

I feel really bad about that one dude who lost his wife on that boat. Though at least he has a chance for a new life in that village and I can't tell if that kid was a girl or not.
    Though sword smith dream mushi is pretty much the bar for tragic Mushishi case for me right now.
    Indeed, Where Sea Meets Man & The Pillow Pathway were pretty depressing stories. Though on the whole I think the series did a pretty good job of balancing the tone between joyous, bittersweet and tragic.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate it not being ham fisted.

At least I can get the series on Kindle

マリーの味方
    started reading Velvet Kiss

its quite the interesting manga

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    started reading Velvet Kiss

its quite the interesting manga
    It stings me in the feels.

(I weak)
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Started watching konosuba after multiple recs. Actually pretty entertaining so far
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Read To you, the immortal. Hits me in the feels but maybe it's just cause I'm weak.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    I read a couple chapters then stopped. I should pick it up again. You aren't alone though. The first couple of chapters hit me pretty hard.

my change to an Ontan avatar summoned forth a DOUBLE CHAPTER RELEASE THANK YOU SCANLATORS

- - - Updated - - -

fu cjk

Banned
    Lewd in my Ontan!?

meanwhile, the Ontan alien boy lewd: postponed indefinitely

- - - Updated - - -

things to look forward to soon(tm)

Gate.

Oh my god, the Civ memes were right.

598,535,004 (NA)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Panty and stocking was pretty awesome and luckily I had the after credits scene spoiled for me before hand XD.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I started watching the Dragon Maid dub. I also watched Little Witch Academia dub, but that's only the movies, as I don't believe that any of the series episodes are dubbed so far (unless they are?).

Banned

Grand Blue is good

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

It has become my number one reason for buying good afternoon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm considering watching Berserk, starting from the first series, of course. I was hesitant to binge-watch, but am I correct to assume that the movies cover the first series? If so, I'll just watch the movies instead. As for the second series, it would probably be better for me to wait and watch the BD versions as to get more nipples and less CG renders.

Blog Entries
    Read one chapter of the manga a year, and maybe it will be close to finishing by the time you catch up.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ? According to https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2016/...es-less-3d-cg/ it already came out in October (NSFW for obviously nipples). Well, whatever, it's not like I don't have time. Day off today from work, and GBF can be played at my leisure, while the new Servants in F/GO spark my chuuni impulses at best, rather than my waifu-loving impulses (in other words, little motivation to do it).