Page 309 of 441 FirstFirst ... 209259299304307308309310311314319359409 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Blog Entries
    re-reading berserk

i don't really care if theresa could come back and kill guts at the end of the manga or something, but, jill should definitely come back

Everyone's watching Fate/Extra Last Encore every weekend, but I'll just wait until Aniplex announces that they have it and hopefully there will be a dub just like Fate/Apocrypha and I'll watch it. Besides I have Gundam Iron-Blooded Orp-
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Prepare yourself for the next episode.
    Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Season 2 Episode 16:
    Spoiler:
    Episode 16Naze's funeral was nice right up until that snake Jasley showed up. After setting up Naze to die, that bastard's gunning for Mr.McMurdo now, trying to provoke Tekkadan to set up the opportunity to do away with him. He even had to nerve to show at up at Naze's funeral and make a scene, disrespecting him in front of everyone. It doesn't help that it's an empty casket either.

I liked Akihiro's date with Lafter, it was very sweet and I wished the best for the both of them.

Now any chances of them being together are gone. The sick bastard had her killed, all just to further provoke Tekkadan even though Orga didn't want to start a fight with Jasley in the first place. Everyone was shocked and angered, as they should have been.

Things have changed after her murder, if Jasley wants a fight, he'll get it. I find it hilarious how a bunch of young men and women succeeding ticks him off so much. Shows how secure he is in himself. Orga talked to Mikazuki in front of the upgraded and repaired Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex. Mikazuki actually questioned Orga about how far he should go when fighting. Orga said, "Take it to the end. I don't give a damn about our past ties with them. Just remember we're Tekkadan. If all of us are heading in the same direction, then we don't need a another reason. Crush them all. Do it until there's nothing left but dust." Mikazuki just said, "Got it."
    McGillis said even if Orga doesn't the support of Tehwaz, he would still be Tekkadan's ally. I suppose that's nice.

Iok, Jasley, everyone that's conspiring against Tekkadan, I want them crushed completely. I am so angry right now. How could he do that? What did she do to him? If she died in battle, that would have been one thing. But she died in a store, alone, her last thoughts about Akihiro.
    Her death wasn't anything like Naze's or Amida's...

I'm going to keep watching this to the end, no matter what, that's what I decided.

ans e-every w-weekend...

You know I wouldn't mind if there was a marathon on Toonami next Saturday. It would give me a week to recover.
    I wonder if I'll even be to able to watch the openings for this show when it's over.

On a side note, I figured out how collapsing works in regards to the activity stream. Ha...
    Last edited by Laserman; February 18th, 2018 at 11:46 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I am progressing through Borgman incredibly slowly: I think I had too many high expectations for this series, or perhaps this kind of story is just not my thing, but I'm find it to be already a bit of a drag this soon (I just finished episode 4 after two weeks of nothing). I'm still going to finish it, but outside of the general visual design/aesthetic/artstyle (particularly the Borgman and character designs), I'm not really impressed by it.

On a more positive note, however, Lost Universe is pretty good so far. The steady introduction and escalation regarding the Nightmare syndicate is very well done, without losing the comedic charm of the series.
    Now time to get back to the Ancient Magus Bride...

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Everyone's watching Fate/Extra Last Encore every weekend, but I'll just wait until Aniplex announces that they have it
    I'm confused as to why you think this is a given

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I'm confused as to why you think this is a given
    You know, I was kind of scared that you'd give me a warning like Paitouch did about next weeks episode of Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, so I'm glad that this isn't about that.
    I don't see why it wouldn't happen, it looks like it's circumstances are similar to Fate/Apocrypha's deal with the whole Japan-region streaming and then 12 episode releases in batches in subbed and dubbed format respectively by Netflix.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yeah? And that has nothing to do with Aniplex having it.

"I like RWBY, I hope that NBC will announce it will air it on television like how Nickelodeon aired Legend of Korra!"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I mean it is Fate. And Big Deal Fate too, not like how Prisma was before it got four seasons and a movie. It's fairly reasonable to assume Aniplex would snap it up like it did every other Fate. Hell, Aniplex has plenty of other Shaft properties too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    nah man aniplex is gonna literally give the studio the shaft
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    like it did every other Fate.
    not you too

Hell, Aniplex has plenty of other Shaft properties too.
    And plenty of not Shaft

Blog Entries
    Restarted Oyasumi PunPun from the beginning.

マリーの味方
    I've been reading the Overlord LNs

Volume 9
    Welp, Ainz went from 'evil-ish, but understandable as he wants to maintain Nazarick' to 'lunatic who murders hundreds of thousands of people and enjoys it' very quickly. It was still entertaining, but fuck.

Momon Requiem at the end was a bit hamfisted though.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watching "Rainy Cocoa (In Hawaii)" an anime about a dude opening up a coffee shop in Hawaii. It's nice and calming to watch.

The OP is pretty cool as well.

The fact that each episode is only 2 minutes long kills me though.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

a high price indeed

Blog Entries
    Started watching "Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water".

As to be expected of a concept pitched by Miyazaki, a lot of flying involved. I can't help but see the trio chasing after Jean & Nadia as team rocket.
    But anyways, it's pretty interesting so far.

JP Friend Code
    Interesting show, though a certain arc can be messy, its a nice classic to watch.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Season 2 Episode 17:
    Spoiler:
    Episode 17Just the narrator said, "Jasley Donomikols, have you finished saying your prayers? Tekkadan will never forgive you, and they will never let you go. So the time has arrived to scatter your red flowers upon the graves of the fallen." The episode pretty much started with Tekkadan fighting against his men. Jasley's side had numbers, but that doesn't mean anything against Tekkadan. Hush got to pilot the new mobile suit that the Turbans made, which was pretty cool. Then Jasley made a move that made I should have expected. He always called the boys of Tekkadan, "space rats" and stuff like that. So I shouldn't have been surprised that he sent out human debris that had the Alaya Vijnana implanted them in them just like the guys from Tekkadan. Just when I thought he couldn't go any lower, he sent those kids to die for him just to buy time for Iok to come to the rescue. But as Mr. Murdo said, he knew everything Jasley did and he struck a deal with him and Rustal, so they weren't coming save him.

I thought to myself while watching the episode, that the Gundams that are named after demons will send Jasley straight down.
    And that moment, when Jasley was trying to beg for his life to Orga, when the Barbatos came down on the ship, was so cool.

Jasley literally got crushed, so seeing that was very satisfying to me after the last two episodes.

Now Tekkadan has broken off ties to the Admoss company, (To protect Kudelia and keep her from getting involved with they're doing.), and Tehwaz, leaving them alone with their only ally being McGillis Fareed. With McGillis finally making his move by first outing Rustal's and Iok's shady business, he made his plans to reform Gjallarhorn known to the public. So now Tekkadan is heading to Earth to help with that.

The Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex is so amazing, the back manipulator arms and the back tail are so cool, I realize why "Rex" was added to it's name now. Even the feet are like a dinosaur's.

This was an awesome episode, I can't wait for next week.
    Last edited by Laserman; February 25th, 2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Interesting show, though a certain arc can be messy, its a nice classic to watch.
    I must admit, the only reason I learned of its existence was because of its upcoming debut in Super Robot Wars X and I'm trying to watch as many series that are going to be in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    The Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex is so amazing, the back manipulator arms and the back tail are so cool, I realize why "Rex" was added to it's name now. Even the feet are like a dinosaur's.
    FWIW, "Lupus Rex" roughly translates as "King of Wolves" and it's a double layered meaning as Tekkadan are occasionally compared to a pack of wolves - and Barbatos is their ace mobile suit. As well as referencing their desire to be the King of Mars.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I guess it does look more beast-like now.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    No Game No Life Zero

Great movie. Great production by Madhouse and a really nice story about the Great War that led to Disboard becoming the world of games it is. Riku and Schwi were great characters. And I liked seeing Jibril's power and terror being shown rather than told (because the main story doesn't allow her to unleash her violent personality and powers in full)
    Jesus, it was great.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They pieced Casca back together, the absolute madwomen. I sense an incoming hiatus...
    don't quote me on this