Page 319 of 441 FirstFirst ... 219269309314317318319320321324329369419 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 8804

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Blog Entries
    Reading Homunculus.

It's pretty nice so far.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Yuasa is really weird and I'm not sure yet if it's in a way I like, or not. Definitely interesting and out there, though.
    I didn’t know what to think at first. It was a little hard keeping up with what they were going for. The plot wasn’t as tight or good as your name but I really appreciate Lu’s aesthetic and different animation styles.

I was expecting another little mermaid take but this works too. Actually legit teared up during climax

Blog Entries
    Anyone read Isekai Transporter?

It's a comic about the dude who drives Truck-san.

Blog Entries
    Hopped on my brother's Hulu and sampled a few things

Food Wars!/Shokugeki no Soma: Love, love, love it. It's so wonderfully absurd. I laugh out loud every time they start doing the shounen battle thing over food, right down to the side characters describing Soma's techniques the same way someone in any other series would describe the hero's ultimate move. I'm 12 episodes in and I won't stop any time soon.

Seraph of the End: Can't do it. The main character is too pushy and obnoxious to be likable. But even that would have been bearable if we didn't go from the nightmarish opening of a world-changing plague and human cattle living in vampire dystopia to a fucking high school in the very next episode. Hard pass.

No Game No Life: It's such a pretty show, but I don't like it as much as I feel like I should. It does to games what Food Wars! does with cooking, but NGNL doesn't carry it off with quite as much charm or style. Might get back to it once I finish Food Wars!

Akame ga Kill!: I don't know why I'm bothering. I already followed the manga. I should track down the sequel manga.

Full Metal Panic!: Nope. The high school hijinks of boy meeting girl do nothing for me even if it is run through the filer of the boy being a soldier. I want robots, damn it. Sure, I've been told it ramps up later on, but I gave this three episodes. Dropped.

Blue Exorcist: This has the same problem as Seraph. The first two episodes make a promise that the rest of the series isn't interested in keeping. I might have liked to see the series maintain that creepy, oppressive tone of our hero dodging his demonic father and coming to terms with his heritage. But instead they send him to magic high school. That's another pass.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I’d probably reccomend the No Game No Life Zero movie over the first show. It’s rather different

Seeing your listed age, I can understand why you’re probably jaded or annoyed by anime teenagers in magic school hijinks

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Fist of the Blue Sky looks amazing tbh
    I'm kind of confused, is it just a re-release of the mid-2000's anime series, or is it a new one?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Nobody is ever allowed to have FMP opinions until they've watched up to ave maria.
    Oh man, that guy was so stupid, he looped back to funny, and then looped back to stupid.

I did like his twin ninja assassins though.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FMP! is fantastic and worth sticking with. In fact, this reminds me (again) that I really need to dig in and re-watch the original seasons so I can get to the new one, I can't believe that dream finally came true.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Why is Yuusha ga Shinda so based?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Catching up on the My Hero Academia S2 dub.

I love everything about this show. It should turn me off entirely -- magic high school, familiar shounen archetypes out the yin-yang, tournament arcs, etc. -- yet it continues to charm me at every turn.

It's living proof that even the worst idea or the most tired formula can shine under the right pen.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Hope you like Stain arc

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah MHA is basically paint-by-numbers shounen, but it does it so well you don't care. Things are cliches for a reason, because when they're done right, they're really amazing.

It's almost exactly how I felt watching Ushio and Tora. Only that show had the excuse of actually being made in the early 90's.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It reminds me of Assassination Classroom because of the idea of teaching and passing on learning and the teacher being mighty but actually learning a lot from the pupils. Also because shorty protag and in Japanese the rival is Okamoto.

today i finished Net-juu no susume and this anime is a wonderfully crafted romance. The series' ambitions are not immediately apparent, as the story opens with a very generic MMO-registration sequence. It would be easy to write Net-juu off as just another typical virtual/alternative reality anime that fails to establish a personality and a mission statement in the first crucial minutes. After the first episode you're most likely wondering which direction the story is heading, as there is nothing inherently interesting about the game world or its mechanics.

The real point of interest is, of course, the characters. The online guild friends our MC encounters are charming, as are their real world personas. Everything about the characters and their interactions is so pleasant and likable that you can't help falling in love with them. This wouldn't work if there were no struggles, of course. Net-juu tackles real, working world issues. The way humans use games to alleviate stress and escape human problems is a central motif.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I saw a few anime I've heard of but never seen at the convention this weekend.

Outlaw Star seems like it's made for me. Mid 90's Sunrise animation, mostly hand drawn stuff. Both a sci-fi story and one with stright up magic and werewolves. The ability to switch between emotional moments, awesome fights/set pieces, and out and out comedy. I'm probably going to binge this show in the next few months.

Hyouka seems like a less interesting Gosick. Has some cute girls though.

Gurren Lagann is still good. Watching it ten years later after the rise of Trigger and Gainax's descent into mediocrity, you can really feel the Trigger-ness of everything.

Gundam Thunderbolt S2 still feels like only a part of a story rather than a proper self contained thing. There's no real conflict resolution, just build up. Episode 2 has a killer ED song though.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Gundam Thunderbolt S2 still feels like only a part of a story rather than a proper self contained thing. There's no real conflict resolution, just build up. Episode 2 has a killer ED song though.
    It's for that reason that I'm holding off on watching it despite having already read all of S2 through the manga. I'll just wait until they adapt all of the South Seas Alliance arc and then binge it all.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Outlaw Star seems like it's made for me. Mid 90's Sunrise animation, mostly hand drawn stuff. Both a sci-fi story and one with stright up magic and werewolves. The ability to switch between emotional moments, awesome fights/set pieces, and out and out comedy. I'm probably going to binge this show in the next few months.
    Outlaw Star is basically Firefly and Treasure Island having an anime kid. Also, watch it in Japanese for Saber's debut!

Hyouka seems like a less interesting Gosick. Has some cute girls though.
    I wouldn't compare any given mystery series to Gosick, or you're gonna be disappointed. It's just a SoL show that revolves around mundane mysteries. Honestly it's more comparable to Haruhi or Clannad, replacing anime tropes or utsuge tragedy with mystery.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Outlaw Star is basically Firefly and Treasure Island having an anime kid. Also, watch it in Japanese for Saber's debut!
    Huh. I never would have pegged her as Melfina if you didn't tell me.

I wouldn't compare any given mystery series to Gosick, or you're gonna be disappointed. It's just a SoL show that revolves around mundane mysteries. Honestly it's more comparable to Haruhi or Clannad, replacing anime tropes or utsuge tragedy with mystery.
    It gets even worse when the next day Gosick is playing for two hours.

I fucking love Gosick's OP.