Page 342 of 440 FirstFirst ... 242292332337340341342343344347352392 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 8797

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Speaking of Toji, I started Toji no Miko yesterday. I actually like it! And that scares me, because this show has trainwreck ending stamped all over it, and it's 24 eps long.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Watching Kimi ni Todoke

Thoughts: so far it's very reminiscent of Fruits Basket to me, except Sawako seems slightly more realistic than Tooru (as far as saintly shoujo heroines go)
    Thoughts after a bunch more episodes: man, this went into full soap opera mode fast
    don't quote me on this

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Read the first two Volumes of "Getter Robo Devolution: The Last Three Minutes of the Universe". Aside from being a solid reboot of an old classic manga (being written by the guys that do the Ultraman manga), it bemuses me how much this reimagining reminds me of F/GO.

Cosmos in the Lostbelt Spoilers
    The big twist in thd second volume is that the alien monsters aren't just copying the heroes... they are the heroes from failed alternate timelines that failed to evolve and thus were pruned.

Pretty solid so far, hopefully it can keep it up.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Yugioh Arc-V Episode 39: That moment when Yuya summoned Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon was awesome. Now if only that was it's effect in real life.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    With its anime adaptation just started, I decided I should jump straight into Yakusoku no Neverland's manga before even checking it out.

Holy crap, this ride's wild indeed...currently at chapter 108.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Same, it was a blast for me too.

The whole thinking your move thingy reminds me of Death Note.

US Friend Code
    I'm debating whether I should just read the manga or just stay anime until the season is over so I dont become weak to the spoilers
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    i gave neverland a pass when it first came out, is it worth the read? what's so good about it?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I finally watched Cowboy Bebop for the first time. Am I finally an anime fan now?

This Is Not A "Space-Opera", It's A Kind Of Space-Jazz...
    An anime oozing with style. Just watching it made me nostalgic for the nineties, yes even the occasionally spotty CGI and shaky POV cam that made me question if I had switched on Serial Experiments Lain by mistake.

The bounty of the week episodes could be a bit hit or miss sometimes - I'm looking at you "Toys in the Attic". But what really carries the show is the characters and how they grow over the many adventures...except Ed who remained kinda pointless until the end. Vicious also sadly lacked characterisation since he was the villain and Norio Wakamoto was criminally underused.

Overall I don't think this is Watanabe's strongest directorial work, but at the same time I recognise that perhaps he was able to direct even better later down the line thanks to gaining experience with Bebop.

Oh, I guess I should talk about the Movie as well while I'm at it. I enjoyed it, though two hours was pushing it a bit for a simple cat and mouse chase terroist plot with very little other subplots involved. That said, it was a gorgeous movie and the gratuitous fights scenes were amazing.

See You Space Cowboy...In Super Robot Wars.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Up to episode 11 of SK: Youma, I have 2 complaints. First of all, the difference between sealing and slaying a youma is ultimately meager, as a sealed youma can no longer manifest in the human world, anyway (and is therefore forced to forever be apart from their loved ones, if any). Not to mention, it costs the life of the sealer. Secondly, and I know that I am being ruthlessly blunt, but put simply, Fubuki's father chose following his orders and "the public good" (or whatever) over his family when he sealed Fubuki's mother. There is no more insufferable type of person.

Sure, one could argue that he did it to allow Fubuki a safer life, but honestly, Fubuki's mother was supposedly the strongest youma. Fubuki's father is a decently skilled shinobi. Between the two of them, it would have been possible for them to defeat the shinobi leaders. To put it another way, if the shinobi leaders cannot approve of the love between a human and a youma, then a good purification might be just what they need. There would be no hatred in such an action, just as there is no hatred from a cheese monger when cutting off mold from cheese.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    After reading many mangas that fall as Dark Fantasy genre...
    I love everything about the start until the middle, but whenever they reveal the truth or twist and become political, they started to bore me. It's not because the politic (I love shows that dwell in political scenario from the get go like Gundam), but the sense of thrill and mystery just gone.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    On the upside, I'm a dumbass who missed like 20 chapters of Baby Steps and just now caught up on them. HOLY SHIT TAKUMA THE GOD MARUO WIN PLEASE I BEG YOU

On the downside I'M CAUGHT UP NOW AND I NEED TO SEE THIS MATCH THROUGH
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Holy crap when nino goes in she definitely goes in hard. It actually feels like the other 4 of the quintuplets are falling behind.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    God fucking bless Kaguya.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    ULTRA ROMANTIC.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    o7
    canon finish apo vol 3

After Yuya rode on Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon a few episodes back, I thought he was starting to get a handle on things. But then he freaks out again, and summons a monster in a way I've only seen done in the anime before, but it's actually a real card, Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon. Man, that was so awesome. So Yuto and something else is inside Yuya, and the students at Duel Academy have probably been fed false information about their glorious plan to bring the dimensions under rule. And Dennis somehow knows that Yuri guy from the Fusion Dimension. Episode 46 was a good episode.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just finished both Senran Kagura and Goblin Slayer, and I have 2 comments. First of all, in terms of just GS, this goes back to my previous comment about "the scariest monsters don't let you scream", like how Yasunori Kato causing the Great Kanto Earthquake and goading the US to bomb Japan is much scarier than Dracula's night hordes. Goblins are sadistic by nature. Therefore, they take a long time to actually kill their victims, but because they take a long time, that also means it's that much longer until they kill the next guy (or girl, as it were). Also, if you have time to scream, in theory, you would have time to do other things. Compare that to the Daleks from Doctor Who who developed a Reality Bomb that would literally end everything instantaneously. Secondly, for both SK and GS, having "youma" (demons) and "goblins" as "terrifying monsters" is kinda cliche at this point. That's why I find Elder Scrolls lore that much more refreshing.

True, even in ES, goblins and Daedra (demons) can do monstrous things, but oftentimes, the most dangerous animals to threaten humans and elves are elves and humans. For example, the elven creation myth, Heart of the World, refers to humans as a "horde" (like of goblins or demons) commanded by the god of ambition, and while elves ruled the heartlands, they ruled with an iron fist. A particularly notable elven king was known as the Fire King who set human children on fire, not for execution or sacrifice, but simply for entertainment. During that same period, there was a human (or cyborg, but that's another topic) hero by the name of Pelinal Whitestrake, who... did to elves what Goblin Slayer does to goblins.

Blog Entries
    the Yami no Moribito manga has beautiful art

http://888mol888.sakura.ne.jp/ - the artist should do more manga

- - - Updated - - -

just look at this