Page 350 of 441 FirstFirst ... 250300340345348349350351352355360400 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 8804

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

KAGUYAAA
    SHIROGANEEEEEEE

The Promised Neverland Episode 8:
    Spoiler:
    Oh my god. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As you may or may not know, before he wrote Excel Saga, Rikudo Koshi wrote an H-doujin called Municipal Force Daitenzin. He later used the Municipal Force in Excel Saga. I once found a version of it that was censored with a "joke translation". You wouldn't happen to know where to find an uncensored version with the actual translation, do you?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Started reading High Score Girl completely at random after a video of the anime showed up in my recs. Great manga, especially if you were there for the early fighting game boom (Street Fighter 2 is practically the 4th main character in the whole thing).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Kingdom Manga, Shingeki no Kyojin Manga, Tower of God Manhwa.In all, main characters are not destined to win always so the story is relatively more interesting. I also liked Berserk but the mangaka seems not liking drawing it very much. And yeah, waiting for Fate/Strange Fake's fifth volume translation.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    FLCL Progressive being a sequel is expected.

FLCL Alternative being some kind of weirdo prequel-cum-alternate timeline was less-so.

I liked 'em. Progressive as a whole moreso than Alternative. Progressive is more standalone, and cryptic, while Alternative rocks that SOL charm and brings all the three seasons together.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; June 6th, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I caught up on HSG and holy duck, I did not expect this love letter to the 90's manga to actually have such an engaging romance. One of the characters has literally never spoken and yet perfectly showcases her emotions every time, despite the rough artstyle. I really need to thank Youtube for bringing this to my attention.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

I finished Yugioh Arc V.

I finally understand this tweet now.

They're just gone, they and the other dimensional counterparts didn't come back. My favorite character, Shay, just accepts that his sister, that he went searching across dimensions for is gone. And Leo got away with everything. That had to have been the worst ending in of all the Yugioh series. The show was fun, but things fell apart towards the end of the Fusion Arc. It had a lot of potential, but it was wasted.

One of the things that I like to do is just re-watch duels from the other shows and there aren't that many duels in Arc V that I would watch again. Most of the duels in the second half Arc V just consist of summoning monsters from the Extra Deck constantly, and Action Cards coming to the rescue. There's no build up of summoning monsters or strategizing, they just act instead considering their options.

I don't think I'll jump straight to Vrains. I'm probably going to re-watch Inuyasha and then watch Inuyasha the Final Act, or re-watch and finish the first season of Durarara and then other seasons of it. And if not, I might try watching Kill la Kill or something else.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    lol, holy shit, the walking dead comic, they just

Spoiler:
    killed off Rick just like that

I like it and it was kind of foreshadowed with the 'let's all work together' speech the previous chapter, but,

author has balls

The Promised Neverland Episode 9:
    Spoiler:
    There's a cliff beyond the walls, what are they going to do? God, Norman looked so dejected. In the preview for the next episode, Isabella said she would kill Emma is kept causing trouble. Breaking her leg was one thing, but she's willing to kill her if it comes down to it...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Promised Neverland Episode 10:
    Spoiler:
    So Norman is gone now, I can't believe it. And now it's Ray's turn. I thought Norman and Ray were the masterminds of the three, I didn't think that Emma would be the one make up a plan in the end.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I've been on a bit of a KyoAni binge lately.

It was funny watching Beyond the Boundary and Myriad Colors of the Phantom World back-to-back. Same basic premise -- supernatural high schoolers hunting the spirit of the week -- but run through a tonally different lens. Boundary generally played itself straighter with the dash of Akihito and Hiroomi's weird sense of humor to break things up whereas Phantom World was bound and determined to be as goofy as possible with a dip toward the serious in the last two episodes. It's hard to say which one entertained me more. Both casts had amazing chemistry.

I really liked how creative some of the powers were with Hiroomi's battle scarf, Mirai's blood blade, etc.

Mai's five element kenpo really stuck out to me as a T-M nerd. I love how ufotable handled its Fate adaptations, but I might have liked to see Rin's magecraft treated the same way. (Well, aside from the part where Mai feels herself up to channel her power) Water punches! Fire kicks! For an Average One, Rin doesn't really stretch those muscles.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for high production values, given that the next few things on my list are more KyoAni and ufotable shows like Hykouka and Tales of Zestiria the X.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been on a bit of a KyoAni binge lately.

It was funny watching Beyond the Boundary and Myriad Colors of the Phantom World back-to-back. Same basic premise -- supernatural high schoolers hunting the spirit of the week -- but run through a tonally different lens. Boundary generally played itself straighter with the dash of Akihito and Hiroomi's weird sense of humor to break things up whereas Phantom World was bound and determined to be as goofy as possible with a dip toward the serious in the last two episodes. It's hard to say which one entertained me more. Both casts had amazing chemistry.

I really liked how creative some of the powers were with Hiroomi's battle scarf, Mirai's blood blade, etc.

Mai's five element kenpo really stuck out to me as a T-M nerd. I love how ufotable handled its Fate adaptations, but I might have liked to see Rin's magecraft treated the same way. (Well, aside from the part where Mai feels herself up to channel her power) Water punches! Fire kicks! For an Average One, Rin doesn't really stretch those muscles.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for high production values, given that the next few things on my list are more KyoAni and ufotable shows like Hykouka and Tales of Zestiria the X.
    Glad to find another person who liked Phantom World. A lot of people say it was too generic and harem-y, but personally I found it really fun and entertaining. It's funny you mention enjoying the diversity of Mai's elemental attacks though, because of the things I remember being mildly annoyed by in the show was that she almost always just used water and fire, instead of branching out and using her powers more creatively.

Beyond The Boundary is another show I'd been meaning to watch for a while. With how many anime I've got on my watch-list though, I probably won't be getting to it for a while...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I remember Phantom World and poor Haruhiko, recipient of the worst first kiss of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Evangelion on Netflix in 4 days bois.

Still no previews of the new dub. If there is one.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It’s great that kaguya and shirogane are together now. Everything else tho.....escalated quickly.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

I loved Kyoukai no Kanata, but I couldn't tolerate more than three episodes of Musaigen. I always thought it funny how the same company that showed you can do supernatural actiony romancey stuff right would then turn around in two years time and hit us with the biggest clichefest in the history of mankind. Like, I actually READ supernatural battle harem stuff for fun and I still found Musaigen intolerable.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I loved Kyoukai no Kanata, but I couldn't tolerate more than three episodes of Musaigen. I always thought it funny how the same company that showed you can do supernatural actiony romancey stuff right would then turn around in two years time and hit us with the biggest clichefest in the history of mankind. Like, I actually READ supernatural battle harem stuff for fun and I still found Musaigen intolerable.
    It was definitely cliche but I still enjoyed it. Well, I was going through a bit of a complicated period in my life at the time so maybe a simple, goofy and (mostly) light-hearted series with some great animation that I could watch without thinking too hard about was what I needed then. Also I found Haruhiko surprisingly relatable for a harem protagonist, as someone who also likes to blurt out random history and mythology facts to anyone who'll listen.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Trying to catch up with Jojo
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Kyoukai no Kanata was pretty boring and Phantom Wolrd was bad but Mai was *air humping gesture*