Page 354 of 440 FirstFirst ... 254304344349352353354355356359364404 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 8797

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Blog Entries
    It’s an American comic book why compare it to anime

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Call me childish but the constant f-bombs and other tryhard no-no words had me on the floor.
    I don't think they overdid it in that regard at all, at least not compared to shit like... idk, DmC. Trevor swore occasionally but he didn't say fuck every other word and I honestly got a laugh whenever the supposedly aloof Alucard got drawn in and swore at him. That middle finger salute at the end had me rolling. Sure, it wasn't exactly period-accurate dialogue, but I'll take Modern Liberated Vampire Carmilla dropping an f-bomb occasionally over yet another butchering of thees and thous. In that, as well as visually and in the writing of characters and situations Castlevania felt very reminiscent of the classic
    animated series Gargoyles, and as I was a fan of that series you won't hear me complaining. The animation remained top notch 'till the end (special props to whoever got stuck with choreographing and animating Trevor's whip fighting scenes, they did an amazing job), and the characterisation surprisingly led me to actually care about the protagonist trio, as clichè as they might otherwise have been. The only real complaint I can put forward is that in another unfortunate similarity with Gargoyles, the plot ended up meandering a bit towards the end, as a much-planned and foreshadowed betrayal ended up getting completely hijacked by the heroic trio for their solo fight with Dracula, effectively leaving the real villain of the second half stranded outside the climax. If this was meant to be a sequel hook (as the epilogue seems to indicate) it was really hamfistedly done.

Overall though, I give it a solid 7, it was short, sweet and entertaining enough to watch in one go. Worth checking out if you happen to come across it.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    They already greenlit a third season so yeah it probs was meant to be a sequel hook.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    "Gargoyles" was superbly written and acted. "Castlevania", for the most part, isn't, to put it mildly.
    Great fight scenes, though.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ok i‘m really intrigued with fire force now. With that moon there and the chapter title of ‘death and flame’, i don’t know how much is it is just ohkubo’s style carrying over or wheter it’s actually an attempt to put a connection between the two series.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

I finished Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 and it was amazing. I don't know which part I like more though. There was so much that happened that changed everything, way too much talk about everything.
    Spoiler:
    I like Armin, but I don't think they should have chosen him over Erwin. He was one of my favorite characters in the series, and it's shame he died before seeing what was in the basement.
    I just want to watch Attack on Titan: No Regrets. I read the manga, but I want to watch Levi's story. The trailers for it were awesome.
    Last edited by Laserman; August 8th, 2019 at 07:40 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Been watching Dororo on Amazon Prime lately. It's a great show but hoo boy can the tragic elements be hard-hitting at times. I'm just at episode 6 now and the way the whole plotline with Mio ended was absolutely heartbreaking. Goes to show that even in a world full of demons and monsters, some of the most heartless acts can be carried out by human beings...

I still am liking the show a lot though. Hyakkimaru's disabilities make him a really interesting protagonist, and I like that each part of himself he gets back from the demons doesn't always make him unequivocally "stronger" in the sense of a typical Shonen power-up. Whereas at first Hyakkimaru was practically an emotionless, fearless demon-killing machine, getting back his senses of pain and especially hearing have made him more human but also much more vulnerable. Well of course, vulnerability is a large part of being human. But that very vulnerability lets you see things you'd be blind to from a more "impartial" standpoint.

Like, would Hyakkimaru still have killed Tanosuke (demon sword guy from episode 4) if he could hear Osushi pleading with him not to, or could he have managed to find a better way of disarming him again without killing him? It's all up in the air, but at the very least, him being able to hear Osushi's sorrowful cries at the loss of her beloved brother gave him an emotional perspective he was missing before.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Like, would Hyakkimaru still have killed Tanosuke (demon sword guy from episode 4) if he could hear Osushi pleading with him not to, or could he have managed to find a better way of disarming him again without killing him? It's all up in the air, but at the very least, him being able to hear Osushi's sorrowful cries at the loss of her beloved brother gave him an emotional perspective he was missing before.
    You'll get the answer to that question later in the show. It becomes a bit of a thing in the later half.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Mahoutsukai Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora, a story in the almost same setting like the previous one (Mahoutsukai Taisetsu na Koto).

Another country girl - Suzuki Sora from Biei in Hokkaido - travels to Tokyo and her teacher/instructor is Emiya Kiritsugu Hara Seiichirou... actually, this time the focus is very different, the instructor has a minor role compared to the previous story.

This time, the trainees actually attends to the class, where they learn theory, history, etc. and midday they with their instructor would go fulfil various request from people.

If I said that the previous one was a slow SoL, this is a much slower one with a strong emphasis on just ordinary (very ordinary), plain and simple life during the period of one month of training, from the start to the graduation and a small epilogue. Story of Suzuki Sora meeting new friends, learning about magic, falling in love, and a little bittersweet twist...

The way it was presented was really unusual, with the slow pace, very often you will just see the background panning into another background. Ah yes, the background. It's real life photos with slight "anime-fication" (or something along those lines), and it maybe look strange, with anime charas but I liked it.

Is it boring? I guess it is. But to me, it was boring in a good way, it kept me interested despite that there was nothing to see. Nostalgic, reminiscence of the simple (school) life.

ok, i'm writing this for over half an hour trying to convey something, or some kind of feeling but i'm not good with words, this show was simple and good in its own way, i like it much more than the previous one, end
    Last edited by Nikiri; August 11th, 2019 at 06:39 AM.
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Not sure I was watching Zi-O or Decade Season 2.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I'm watching the Konosuba dub and all of a sudden Darkness shows up speaking with Velvet Crowe's voice. It's hilarious, especially when the succubus episode rolls around.

Blog Entries
    Symphogear G.

I'm on so many different levels of what, right now.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I bounced off symphogear when it first aired. First episode was amazing but the next few bored me. Should I give it another shot?

YES YES YES YES

*Ahem*

If you liked the crazy mecha-style transformation and the battle at the start of episode 1, absolutely. Symphogear's battles and transformations improve by light years as the seasons go on.
    Other than that, Season 1 is kind of a weird representative Symphogear as a whole because it really struggled to decide what it wanted to be at first. If you like it for a serious, even edgy, take on mahou shoujo with technological trappings...well, that doesn't last. If you liked the sheer absurdity of singing to fight weird technicolor monsters with utterly impractical weaponry and a mostly feel-good shounen plot, this is your jam. It still has its dramatic moments and character motivations always play a large (sometimes disproportionately large) part in the plot... but the fights and the story itself only get more wonderfully absurd and beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Symphogear G.

I'm on so many different levels of what, right now.

G is an amazing rollercoaster of emotions all the way to the end.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

I started watch Kill La Kill and I finished episode today. I liked it, it was awesome and I'll definitely keep watching it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I'm watching Non Non Biyori

So cute
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saw episode 15 of Dororo this afternoon. I've heard this episode was somewhat infamous for its poor animation quality compared to the rest and honestly I don't really see it. Apart from the one admittedly goofy scene of Hyakkimaru running up the hill, none of the animation struck me as egregious enough to jolt me out of enjoying the show. And the scene of the giant moth-demon rising out of the water at the end was outright gorgeous.

Then again, I didn't mind the "infamous" fourth episode of Gurren Lagann either, so maybe this kind of animation just doesn't bother me as much as others. One thing I am surprised by is that the moth-girl demon got killed so quickly. I thought for sure she was going to survive and end up a more major antagonist, since she even gets a dedicated shot in the OP. She only even showed her human form once...

People also trashed Apocrypha's episode 16 animation whereas Sakugabooru had an entire article devoted to it. I never got past a couple episodes in Dororo but animation quality can be... very subjective, sometimes.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished JJBA: Stardust Crusaders.

Curiosity satiated. I think I'll stop right there.

Good thing Hamon didn't disappear in Part 3 even though they said that it was only used on 3 episodes. Maybe they counted it wrong as Hamon is still playing an active role in why Dio looked imposingly stronger in Stardust Crusaders than Phantom Blood and why Dio cannot adjust to the new body that he had.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    People also trashed Apocrypha's episode 16 animation whereas Sakugabooru had an entire article devoted to it. I never got past a couple episodes in Dororo but animation quality can be... very subjective, sometimes.
    With apocrypha it often boiled down to the fact that apo used lots of webgen animation where often the characters appear undetailed for the sake of flashy animation. Many animefans are very confused when talking about animation, people cant seem to realize animation, artstyle, and sometimes even video resolution at worst lmfao are different things. So these people look at a scene with crazy animation but the characters are simplified and go “this has low budget”. Then theyll watch an episode of early JoJo where the animation was mostly welldrawn stillshots, and go “omg that crazy animation!!!”. Lots of anime fans treat going offmodel for the sake of animation as “low budget”, and would rather take the stiffest of animations if it meant the character stays perfectly on model. For sakugawankers its the opposite, stillshots have no animation so theres no wank to be had.

i mean, its not wrong to have preferences but when the preferences come hand in hand with a bunch of ignorant comments its a little disheartening.