Page 340 of 440 FirstFirst ... 240290330335338339340341342345350390 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 8797

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the first ep of Revue Starlight this afternoon. Never before has a giraffe been so creepy.

Seraph of the End Episode 19: Crowley is so scary. He's insanely powerful and it seems like nothing ever fazes him.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Seraph of the End Episode 20: The scene between Guren and Yu when he was younger is so sweet. It just makes what happens between the two of them at the end of the arc more crazy and sad.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Finished my re-watch of Seraph of the End. I checked and saw how the ending in the anime matched up vs the manga. There are some differences between the two.

They didn't mention some things like the armbands the vampires use to keep from burning in sunlight though, I wonder what other differences there are that I'll find once I'm caught up on the manga. I'm hoping for a third season too.

And I have to know, what happened in Guren's past between him and Mahiru, and how is it connected to how the world ended? I'll find out in the novel I guess. I know there's a manga adaptation for it, but it's not finished yet. Then there's about the one about Mika that I'll have to read.
    That's another thing, I grew really attached Mikazuki while watching Gundam IBO, and Mika is his nickname too. I didn't even think about Mikaela while I was watching it. But now, I'll think of both of them when the nickname comes up.

If you like supernatural, vampire, mystery, or shonen series, take a look at the anime, or the read the manga if you want. When I catch up on everything, I'll post in the Seraph of the End thread on here. I wonder if I'll like how the story is now after so long.

I did say I would watch Durarara though, maybe I'll do that next.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >Watched Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms

>Proceeded to cry afterwards
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Reading the manga Mushihime. The first chapter had me hooked and 7 chapters later it's getting better and better.

- - - Updated - - -

Two others are the manhuas BABY and Oldman. Short, but sweet.

JP Friend Code
    I finished watching Little Witch Academia. A fun Trigger show, especially with the over-the-top finale.
    I really enjoyed all the characters!

Shiny Chariot is best though~
    ---Rayshifting since 2015/08/28
    Current Support Lineup ^^

Best Girl

---Various Fate (and other) cosplay adventures: https://linktr.ee/nisaba.cosplay

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I started watching Gundam Unicorn and that first movie has some weird character dissonance. Marida won't kill people when she's looking for Zabi, leaving a whole work crew alive, but the minute she gets into a fight with her Mobile Suit she destroys her opponent when he's down and out and causes a nuclear explosion and explosive decompression of the colony. If it was the MC or some other new pilot who didn't know their capabilities yet I'd forgive it, but she was shown for the hour previous to be incredibly precise with her weapons and as a veteran pilot should know what happens when you set of a nuclear reactor next to a space station wall.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I wonder if I'll like how the story is now after so long.
    I'm on chapter 59 and god, I never would have expected any of this or made it up. All the changes in sides and the revelations. It's overwhelming. 15 more to go...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh fuck while i knew shirogane was the one who stole the hearts as arsene i didn‘t connect it in my brain that it‘s basically a persona 5 reference.

Still excited for whatever comes next.

Also come on ishigami, stop being off when you‘re dealing with your crush.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I started watching Gundam Unicorn and that first movie has some weird character dissonance. Marida won't kill people when she's looking for Zabi, leaving a whole work crew alive, but the minute she gets into a fight with her Mobile Suit she destroys her opponent when he's down and out and causes a nuclear explosion and explosive decompression of the colony. If it was the MC or some other new pilot who didn't know their capabilities yet I'd forgive it, but she was shown for the hour previous to be incredibly precise with her weapons and as a veteran pilot should know what happens when you set of a nuclear reactor next to a space station wall.
    She was trying to avoid hitting civilians, but, at some point she got frustrated, went 'screw it' because the enemy mobile suits wouldn't back off (even when they were down), then she and her funnels lashed out. It didn't seem like she meant for that to happen, it just did. Something something harsh realities of war something something.

In the novel she takes a moment to assess her actions after it happens. She knows she fucked up and regrets it.
    Last edited by Historia; December 26th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    She was trying to avoid hitting civilians, but, at some point she got frustrated, went 'screw it' because the enemy mobile suits wouldn't back off (even when they were down), then she and her funnels lashed out. It didn't seem like she meant for that to happen, it just did. Something something harsh realities of war something something.

In the novel she takes a moment to assess her actions after it happens. She knows she fucked up and regrets it.
    I figured it would be something like that. It just seems like something more in line for a hot headed ace pliot, rather than the relatively cold Ple clones. At least without the normal "batshit crazy" stage most artificial newtypes hit.

I finished watching Tiger & Bunny the Movie: The Rising. It was as great as I thought it was going to be. It was nice seeing everyone again. Fire Emblem got a lot of screen time and it was nice finally seeing his past. He overcame a lot to become he is and he's proud of who he is. The villain at the end was a twist I should have seen coming considering who his voice actor is. Golden Ryan was a fun guy, it would have been fun having him around. But I'm glad that Kotetsu didn't quit being a hero and that he and Barnaby are working together again. Now to wait for the next part of the project to come out.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Last Sunday of this year, last episode of GTO

He is indeed great

I'm definitely going to check out the prequel and the manga
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Picked up the manga of Saihate no Paladin (Faraway Paladin/Paladin of the End) and I immediately had to skip to the light novel. Not only is the manga's artstyle great, but the story too is a diamond in the rough among isekai works, with none of the most common cliches that seem to plague the genre of late. The light novel is also even more beautifully illustrated, courtesy of Kususaga Rin (whom you might recognise as the character artist for Rama and Atalante in F/GO). I'm still only halfway through the existing translated volumes, but I have very high hopes for it.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finally got around to finishing watching Killing Bites. Thoughts below:

Spoilers for last episode
    Have to say, I seriously did not expect that ending. I got spoiled as to Therianthropy being revealed to the world, but I was totally taken aback by Hitomi "killing" Nomoto on an order from Shidoh to cover up loose ends.

Of course the post-credits scene reveals he didn't actually die though. As "edgy" as it tries to be the show doesn't really have the balls to kill off a main character like that. I bet Nomoto somehow got an emergency Therianthrope transformation to save his life and he's now a Therianthrope himself. Would fit his character development of going from a passive bystander to someone who actually has the will to fight, in any case.

Speaking of edginess, that rape scene with Yoko was a bit tasteless even by this show's standards. Yeah it's flirted with rape imagery before, but only as something the cartoonishly evil villains threaten before getting their ass kicked by Hitomi or whoever. Actually seeing a successful and barely obscured rape, with plenty of loving emphasis on Yoko's helpless and tear-streaked face as Leo violates her, is gratuitous in a whole different way.

Not only was the scene totally gratuitous as far as plot development goes, but Leo never came off as a rapist to me before. He seemed like an honorable worthy opponent kind of guy (going easy on Hitomi because he doesn't like picking on the weak, sparing Tiger so he can become strong enough to fight him) so I was a little shocked the show decided to make him another rapey villain.

Wrinkles aside though, I was 99% on board with this show's brand of trashy edutainment (I'm totally going to tell people how the Pangolin is nature's strongest animal now). Definitely be willing to watch a season 2.

マリーの味方
    Thunderbolt Fantasy S2 - I have to say, I'm disappointed. This was a general step down from the first season regarding nearly everything: the characters, the pacing, the fights. I actually rewatched the first season right before as it had been a while since I had seen it, and I enjoyed that rewatch more than I enjoyed this season.

There are a couple of reasons for this I think but in general I think it was just too hard to match the first season, which although had a somewhat generic structure (recruit allies, overcome the obstacles, reach the evil tower), it did it masterfully. The entire protagonist group in the first season was 10/10 with great dynamics, and the villain was surprisingly competent. The characters we got in the second season were pretty mediocre in comparison. I liked the Monk I guess but Sword Bard was just ok. The Poison girl and Glasses Tactician were just incredibly incompetent antagonists that weren't that fun to watch.

I understand the tone is a bit different, considering we knew Shang's power and the full extent of Enigmatic Gale's capabilities this time around. So creating antagonists which can still pose a threat was probably harder. Still, I didn't need to wait the whole season to see Glasses get fucked over when it was obvious it would happen from the start.

The fights felt toned down as well. Sword Bard was boring with his stringing attacks, and the new swords had some pretty dull effects to be honest. Still, I'm excited for S3. The post-credits reveal was probably more exciting than most of S2.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just done watching Ore Monogatari.

It was all really wholesome and heartwarming, almost to the point of corniness. However the character writing is miles above the usual for the genre. Suna in particular feels very "real", for lack of a better word. I also enjoyed that the conflicts weren't the result of plot contrivances, nor were they unnecessarily lengthened by means of bad communication.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Mushihime abandoned its mystery for info-dump exposition in 2 chapters. still looking forward to where it'll go, but now a bit less so. the mystery was what made it interesting.

reading Shiga Hime, vampires are cool again

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tried to watch the Infini T Force movie. It starts off with the opening of the tv series, so I thought it was a recap movie. Turns out they go from setup right to final climax and then launch into the movie plot which is set after the show. And once people start talking in stretches longer than shouting out attack names and henshin slogans, I realized the subs were done either in google translate. It's fine for the start where its all actions, but once they get to heavy exposition sections like villain motivation and new hero introductions it makes it really hard to watch.

Maybe I can find better subs later.