Page 347 of 441 FirstFirst ... 247297337342345346347348349352357397 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched the first two episodes of the new Fruits Basket adaptation.

So far it looks more serious/soap opera-ish and much less zany than the 2001 adaptation.
    don't quote me on this

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    By serendipity, the third volume of "Getter Robo Devolution: The Last Three Minutes of the Universe" arrived and was read.

While the first two volumes felt very Evangelion-esque, the third went full Ideon...

Spoilers:
    So the "mysterious stranger" that's been helping the heroes is none other than Ryoma himself, but an alternate one from a pruned timeline. The being that's been pruning timelines is the Getter Emperor, nothing surprising there...until Ryoma Alter reveals that the mech that the heroes have been piloting IS the Getter Emperor and that as it continues to grow in power, it will soon cause the end of the universe.

I'm immediately reminded of that tagline from Ideon - "That which saves us, will soon become our destruction."

Also, my theory that Musashi (who is like Lancer in that he dies every time) might finally survive this time sorta came true as "Musashi Tomoe" has already died via being stillborn and the young man currently using the name was swapped at birth. I would not be surprised at all if Musashi's "real name" turned out to be "Benkei" as that would be incredibly meta.

Oh yeah, and Go Ichimonji cameos as a lil' fat kid watching Getter-1 and being inspired to be a pilot one day...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I should start up Devolution again. The translation I was reading suddenly stopped right around the time the mysterious benefactor was revealed.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

I watched the first episode of The Promised Neverland anime. God, that was messed up. I think understand why people said it's like Death Note with how it's not like most of the other manga in Shonen Jump. I'm definitely interested though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Route End is almost over. I really want to buy copies of all volumes when it's complete. Will likely have to import it like Birdy II, though.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Went and saw Penguin Highway on the big screen. It was really, really good. Didn't get me teary eyed like A Slient Voice or Little Witch Academia, but better than Your Name. It's similar to The Night is Short, Walk On Girl, where it starts normal and gets slowly more supernatural and strange as it goes on. Though Unlike that movie, it's a lot more focused and dosn't feel like it's too long. It almost reminds me of a Ghibli movie, except the wondrous elements are hidden whereas in Ghibli they're out in the open from the beginning.

I'd highly recommend it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, now I regret not going to see in theaters

Blog Entries
    Route End ended at 54 chapters. Author fumbled and seemed in a rush to finish it, nothing actually resolved so much as hand-waved and the strangest part of the story (the one character who keeps dying and reviving as a man in his 50s) being the work of "god". Or something. Really, ignoring the god element and the mess the case turned into because of it, as while the manga is a murder mystery it also touches on suicide and death and life and the characters and how they cope with it, it could've better shown how they--namely, Haruno and Igarashi, the two characters the story focused the most on--moved on--or didn't--instead of just, well... two unrelated people literally sitting at a table talking about, well, nothing actually. I suppose what I'm most upset about is how Haruno and Igarashi's relationship went nowhere until the end. "End" here simply being the very last page is them both meeting again after supposedly not seeing each other for 30+ years, having dealt with their demons, and now ready to start a proper, healthy relationship with one another though how the hell should I know because this is all we got:

In this case, I'm not a fan of the open ending. It's just... there. Should've taken a page from the 5 Centimeters Per Second manga adaptation, grr.
    Last edited by Historia; April 21st, 2019 at 04:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Basically, because I'm a sucker, I wanted this to be shown, instead of, well, nothing,

Author dropped the ball.

Meh. It was a fun ride nonetheless.
    Last edited by Historia; April 21st, 2019 at 04:42 AM.

The Promised Neverland Episode 2: God, there were some scary moments in this episode. How on Earth are they going to get 30+ kids out of there alive, especially when they have about two people now?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I started watching A Certain Magical Index after years of friends telling me I will love Raildex if I am a Fate fan.

The Church has a legion of black ops super soldiers who hunt down heretics and mages? Oh yeah, I can see it.

Touma reminds me of Shirou, too, though he still feels pretty generic right now. But just as Shirou turned out to have a lot more going on, I'm banking on Touma having some sort of weird reason for his anti-magic hand. I just hope it's not anything like being a child of destiny descended from both angelic and demonic bloodlines. It's only in the early going, but it's pretty clear the city is some sort of giant laboratory. I would much rather him be a test tube baby designed to upend the magical world. I really like that living-weapon-discovering-humanity trope (even though Touma is plenty human) and fate-is-what-you-make.

Index is cute as heck. I'm liking their banter, though the tsundere biting gimmick is already wearing thin.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Decided to read Witch Hunter again after dropping off for some reason years ago.

this is unfair

why is edea as adorable as she is dead

what the fuck

who gave you permission to do this to me author
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Decided to read Witch Hunter again after dropping off for some reason years ago.

this is unfair

why is edea as adorable as she is dead

what the fuck

who gave you permission to do this to me author
    yes
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Witch Hunter is fun i'm glad to see it come back.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Finished HnG, the last episodes were pretty fun and almost every character got some screentime.

taking break before season 2 (which supposedly takes off from whatever ep from s1 and is closer to the manga, so that's cool), what is next on my backlog list...
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Given how dissapointing the Sensei show this season is given they got Kaneko, and his talents are wasted in that crap that reeks of restricting him, I went back to his glory days: Good ol' Seikon no Qwaser.
    I already watched S1, so SnQ II. Episode 1 was already glorious and great. A better VR anime than SAO (the Gun Gale Online arc could have rivaled it if GGO Kirito was actually female and if players needed to suck breast milk (uncensored, of course) to reload their guns (since Kirito apparently uses a laser sword or something, just give the sword a battery and if it runs out, time to suck titty))
    Gotta love how Sasha keeps being this serious business edgelord in a ridiculous ecchi show that doesn't take him seriously (C'mon: the premise of this season involves infiltrating an all girls school with a futuristic VR shit just to justify having him crossdress and be actually genderswapped).
    Here's hoping Katja comes back soon.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Promised Neverland Episode 4:
    Spoiler:
    Those kids think in they're in the year 2015, but the calendar in the adult's room said 2045... Training the other children by using tag was a great idea. But to think that there could be a traitor among reporting what they're doing, though it seems kind of obvious who it is.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If there's one villain trope I hate more than all others, it's the psycho ten year old child who treats everything as a game and has a breakdown when he loses. They always talk such a big game but when the tables turn it's time to cower in a corner repeatedly crying how this can't be happening. The thing that really gets me about them is that the show almost always tries to make them sympathetic towards the end, and wants to pity the little shit who just killed millions for the lulz. And they always get away alive at the end too, because you cvan't have children dying horribly. I think I hate them more than the rich rapist with a power fetish from harem shows, because at least they tend to die horribly, if not at the MC's hand then at the hand of someone less of a paragon of forgiveness.

Damn does Gundam AGE jump around a lot genre-wise. Starts as a super robot show, then abruptly turns into a proper Gundam battle. Then time skip and now it's highschool shenanigans, which will probably last for another ten episodes before going back to proper war stories in a big final arc battle.

Blog Entries
    What about a psycho ten year old that treats everything like a game and when the tables are turned they just laugh and say they can’t wait for the next match as they die

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Never run into that one, but I'd respect his hustle at least. Unrepentant villain is much preferable to sniveling coward villain.