Page 440 of 440 FirstFirst ... 340390430435438439440
Results 8,781 to 8,797 of 8797

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post

Reading the manga; I see I'll have to put it on the watchlist!
    That Akane scene you posted is one hundred thousand times better in the anime than it is in the manga. I was already liking her a lot before but it cemented Akane as my absolute favorite.

Also no you're just objectively correct, short hair is the best. But I like really long hair too. For me it's either you have short hair or you have massively long hair, no in-between.

Blog Entries
    I see

Are you, perhaps, an Arc fan by the way
    IYKYK

I like Arc, she's a good girl, but she's not my favorite. That honor goes to a different short-haired girl. Personally, when it comes to her design I always thought that her regular form, both in the original and in the remake, looked really pretty.

Archetype: Earth is... Well I don't hate it, I don't think it's bad, but it's not quite my preference. The long hair is good - I think that, the original version, it could've done with being a bit longer, whereas in the remake (and FGO), it does this thing that long anime hair sometimes does, where it just starts parting off into smaller segments, and that sort of robs it of that sense of volume that I like in long hair. I personally prefer poofier, curly hair almost reminiscent of something like a sheep over straight hair. Like, if you took Ascension 3 Herc's hair, and put that on an anime girl, I would like that. Non-TM examples would include this or this. The relative lack of length is compensated for by volume and the hair being very striking. The character that originally gave me a love of long hair was in fact a male character, spoilers-kun from Danganronpa 2.

Part of the necessity of making her hair like this is because of Archetype: Earth's outrageously huge dress, which I'm not a big fan of. But ultimately hairstyles don't exist in a vacuum but as an element of an otherwise cohesive design in its totality, so her long hair is meant to complement the majesty her design is meant to give off, and that means you have to see it in its full glory. If it was just completely straight all the way down, you wouldn't be able to see anything, the dress would conceal it. I think that more than anything, what I like about long-haired characters is that the hair is a really important, attention-grabbing aspect of the design, which I don't really think is the case for Archetype: Earth specifically.

My favorite instance of long hair in a TM work is the original Medusa, as drawn by Takeuchi (I don't really like other artists' interpretations of her as much). It is straight, but it's all bunched up together. Her outfit's sleek and she has a thin build, so that works out fine. More importantly (and fittingly for her character), her hair is probably the most striking part of her design partly because of its length and also because it contrasts a lot with her much-darker outfit. This contrast is even more present in her human casual outfit, which I really adore, especially since it has g l a s s e s. Mystic Eye Killers being glasses was truly a genius decision. Basically, when you look at Medusa, the first things that are gonna catch your eye is her hair, and her eyes (or rather, lack of visible ones thereof), and that's a really good way of getting across the mythological aspect of the character without being super obvious about it by giving her snake hair or something like that.
    She's one of my favorite designs in stay night and only doesn't dominate hollow ataraxia because in hollow ataraxia, she has to go against Bazett, who has my favorite Master design across both visual novels period (although, I also really like Caren). Neither Bazett nor Medusa are my favorite Master or Servant though, funnily enough.

Blog Entries
    Medusa is best snek.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideofago View Post
    Medusa is best snek.
    Doess Oryou count as a Snek? If so, that's a close race between those two.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Indeed she does. Indeed they are. She still prevails.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    I like Arc, she's a good girl, but she's not my favorite. That honor goes to a different short-haired girl. Personally, when it comes to her design I always thought that her regular form, both in the original and in the remake, looked really pretty.

Archetype: Earth is... Well I don't hate it, I don't think it's bad, but it's not quite my preference. The long hair is good - I think that, the original version, it could've done with being a bit longer, whereas in the remake (and FGO), it does this thing that long anime hair sometimes does, where it just starts parting off into smaller segments, and that sort of robs it of that sense of volume that I like in long hair. I personally prefer poofier, curly hair almost reminiscent of something like a sheep over straight hair. Like, if you took Ascension 3 Herc's hair, and put that on an anime girl, I would like that. Non-TM examples would include this or this. The relative lack of length is compensated for by volume and the hair being very striking. The character that originally gave me a love of long hair was in fact a male character, spoilers-kun from Danganronpa 2.

Part of the necessity of making her hair like this is because of Archetype: Earth's outrageously huge dress, which I'm not a big fan of. But ultimately hairstyles don't exist in a vacuum but as an element of an otherwise cohesive design in its totality, so her long hair is meant to complement the majesty her design is meant to give off, and that means you have to see it in its full glory. If it was just completely straight all the way down, you wouldn't be able to see anything, the dress would conceal it. I think that more than anything, what I like about long-haired characters is that the hair is a really important, attention-grabbing aspect of the design, which I don't really think is the case for Archetype: Earth specifically.

My favorite instance of long hair in a TM work is the original Medusa, as drawn by Takeuchi (I don't really like other artists' interpretations of her as much). It is straight, but it's all bunched up together. Her outfit's sleek and she has a thin build, so that works out fine. More importantly (and fittingly for her character), her hair is probably the most striking part of her design partly because of its length and also because it contrasts a lot with her much-darker outfit. This contrast is even more present in her human casual outfit, which I really adore, especially since it has g l a s s e s. Mystic Eye Killers being glasses was truly a genius decision. Basically, when you look at Medusa, the first things that are gonna catch your eye is her hair, and her eyes (or rather, lack of visible ones thereof), and that's a really good way of getting across the mythological aspect of the character without being super obvious about it by giving her snake hair or something like that.
    She's one of my favorite designs in stay night and only doesn't dominate hollow ataraxia because in hollow ataraxia, she has to go against Bazett, who has my favorite Master design across both visual novels period (although, I also really like Caren). Neither Bazett nor Medusa are my favorite Master or Servant though, funnily enough.
    I was wondering if you were the glasses guy when you considerately answered my question for me
    IYKYK

Blog Entries
    Good glasses on a girl look nice
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    You missed the glasses megapost. I should have saved it; why didn't I save it? I don't even remember where it happened.
    IYKYK

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    You missed the glasses megapost. I should have saved it; why didn't I save it? I don't even remember where it happened.
    The glasses megapost never happened. It was the chance flicker of a neuron firing at the final moment before death. Welcome to BLurgatory.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The glasses megapost was just a hallucination but it was a hallucination so full of truth that I can still see it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Molay is based because of this single line in her profile.

I am tired of being treated like a second class citizen just because I like anime girls with glasses. Every time I see a cute girl with glasses, she ends up taking them off, or the story starts pushing some kind of stupid narrative about how girls are more beautiful when they take off their glasses. In visual novels and games, I keep seeing CGs of girls taking off their glasses and looking at me like the author's trying to make me think "wow, she's so pretty now!!" It's dumb. It's certified cattlepoop. It's nonsense that's vomited out from the words of heathens who don't understand anything at all, and it always makes me so sad when I see it! Why are you making girls take off their glasses when they're about to get into a fight or dance? Isn't it fiction?! Don't you have magic in your setting?! Can't you make the glasses unbreakable or something?! The whole point of it being fiction is that you can do things that you can't in real life, so it's okay to have a girl who wears glasses all the time, even in life or death situations, right?!

Nobody gets this but me. It's a religion of one. There is, legitimately, not a single character design in the history of the medium that doesn't achieve aesthetic apotheosis from putting on some glasses. Yeah, that goes for male characters too, even if I'm not into them. It's a minor heresy to even imply that they need some kind of justification or excuse to be worn like they do for Sigurd. "Crystallized wisdom" my ass! Glasses should be used even if there's no good reason to use them because they're just that good. They're super versatile, and they make everything better! Their innate perfection is reason enough by itself! If you're reading this, you're probably like, "what the hell is this guy going on about? Something about glasses?" That's because you can't see it right. Let me help you. I will show you the innate perfection of glasses.

I'm 100% serious. Glasses make cute girls cuter. They make cool characters cooler. They give an air of sexiness to lewd characters that can't be matched. And they bring out an inner beauty no other fashion choice could. Like, okay, let me elaborate. Why do you think anime characters do the whole 'push up the glasses to get the shine' thing? Because it's cool. It's always cool. It makes the character seem wiser, more experienced, more in control, inherently cool traits, because coolness is rooted in a fundamental respect for someone more capable and more experienced than you. A cute character who slaps on a good pair of glasses with frames fitting their design becomes even more adorable, it brings out a more sensitive side of them and as cuteness is inherently rooted on the desire to protect and pamper a character which exhibits neotenous, vulnerable traits, it makes them even more かわいい at a fundamental level. Why do you think Moemura's so moe? It's the glasses, of course! Without the glasses, Moemura just becomes Homura.

And to be honest, I'm not a fanservice kind of man. When I see characters being sexy just for the sake of it, I get kinda turned off. I mean, I just don't really like it. It takes me away from everything else and it's at best distracting, at worst a disappointing takeaway from what would otherwise be a pretty interesting story. But even I have to admit that glasses will improve the sex appeal of any character. I mean, from a philosophical standpoint, aren't 'cuteness' and 'sexiness' in this sort of intersecting position? They're both ideas that arise from our more illogical, emotional sides. You're like, "whooahh, this character is so cute!!" or you're like "oh dear, this character is so hot", and a lot of times you can't even really understand why you even feel that way, right? Well, just like cute characters, the versatility of glasses is once again demonstrated in sexy characters. I mean, you have to agree with me that glasses just give characters that sort of dangerous aura that makes you feel like you're prey about to be eaten, right?! It's just that mature air of a teacher or something that makes you feel all funny but you don't really get why and it just decides the trajectory of your life just like that. That's not even getting into the sorts of lewd scenarios you can get into when it comes to glasses - I won't bother describing them. If you understand me, then you already know.

And of course, glasses are naturally going to make anyone more beautiful. I mean, haven't you seen a character look at you from the side, adjusting their glasses, the entire world mirrored on their lens, and it's just the sort of thing that makes your heart skip a beat? Not in a horny way or anything, but just in a, "wow, this character is just so pretty" kind of way? The beauty of a character lies in all of the elements of what you're seeing coming together in just the right way, and glasses help serve as a focus where all those disparate traits unite to create something so much greater than the sum of its parts.

Even for humor, they're useful. You know that gleam I talked about earlier? Well, it can be cool, but it can be used as a joke, too! There are also lots of goofy-looking glasses, the all-time classic being the round rimmed ones with a swirl that obscures the eyes. Or, you can have something where a character steals another character's glasses, and they're like "ahaha, I gotchu", the classic Velma glasses hunt, and various other things like that. Need a tragedy? Show a character's cracked glasses, or with a bit of blood on them, and the audience already knows everything they need to know! You can even use it as a red herring, or a misdirection. They can even be used as a tool, like a magnifying glass! You get it? Glasses can literally do anything! Whatever purpose you have set for them them, it works.

Humanity is truly incredible. We created glasses as a way of correcting the flaws in our bodies, but the people who developed them innocuously thinking that they were making a tool to help society at large inadvertently led to the birth of something even more beautiful than that. The reason why glasses are so powerful is because of their versatility. They aren't something that defines a character, they're something that adds to them in a way that befits their unique characteristics. Part of this is because glasses can come in all sorts of varieties. Small, large, thick-rimmed, square, round, half or full-rimmed, colorful (they can even be made to fit a character's specific palette, or even have a bright color that really makes them pop out!), metallic, so on and so forth. Hundreds of combinations allows for any character to have a pair of glasses that fits their exact personality and design, and bring out the best in them.

So, now you understand, right? You understand my pain?! Everywhere I go, no one realizes this! They just treat glasses as, like, a gimmick, or something!! It's just a fetish to people!! No, I challenge that very idea! It's something that can give life the greater meaning, the spice that it so desperately needs! There isn't a single character that wouldn't be improved by them, and yet everyone just, just treats them as this cute thing they can toss away whenever they like, or even as something that makes a character ugly! That's awful! What would people who have to wear glasses think of that?! What about people like me, someone who so sincerely loves glasses?! Would you appreciate if I took out your heart and stomped on it a hundred times, a thousand times?! No, this means everything to me!

Glasses are the ultimate personal expression. If I could, I would give every character in FGO glasses. You agree, right? Don't you think so? We should give everyone glasses officially now. Not just everyone in FGO, but everyone in TM too. Ah, we can keep a few characters without glasses, because the few heathens who don't get them will serve as the necessary contrasting darkness to the light that glasses focus and make shine even brighter. But, definitely all the pretty girls and boys should at least get one pair! You think so too now, right? Don't you think we should give every character glasses? Forever? And they don't take them off? For any reason? Not during battle, not during dance, and not even in the bedroom or the bathroom?! You are listening to me, right? You wouldn't say no to someone who has dedicated so much time and effort to the worship of glasses, right!!!!

Well, sadly, that's not reality. We glasses-fans are the single most oppressed minority among all anime fans who like a particular design trait, having to deal with all sorts of awful microaggressions like "I like it when characters with glasses take them off sometimes, it makes them prettier!"... And so, to have a character like Molay, clearly made and written by someone of extraordinary taste and intelligence, who never once takes her glasses off, for any reason, therefore always ensuring that her character design is perfect. I was just like "finally, someone who gets it! This character is perfect!" It's just... based. There's no other word for it, it's too respectable. Capital B-Based. Based on what, you ask? Based on the perfection of glasses. I'm not crazy. I'm right in the center of my own mind. I've just put on the glasses that fit my soul, and now I see everything the way it should be. Now you too can see clearly... you always have...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much

Longposts on BL always make my eyes bleed, but you know what? That just sounds like an excuse for glasses.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Genius gambit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My eyes are opened. And enhanced with glasses.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

just you wait until I find an excuse to post the full robotgirl chart

Blog Entries
    どこにいたって人はツナガテイルのよ
    どこにいたって人はツナガテイルのよ
    どこにいたって人はツナガテイルのよ
    どこにいたって人はツナガテイルのよ
    どこにいたって人はツナガテイルのよ
    let's all love lain! let's all love lain! let's all love lain! let's all love lain! let's all love lain! let's all love lain! let's all love lain!
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Heartcatch Precure movie
    Very good movie, full of great moments for the girls and the plot and movie characters were great. Also, great visuals. I als love how this movie expands on the lore of the show. Fun watch
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: