Page 345 of 441 FirstFirst ... 245295335340343344345346347350355395 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Blog Entries
    I finished Happiness after forgetting about it for around, oh, 3 months.

Good thing I did. It ended at 50 chapters and I was able to read them all in one sitting.

I really like manga that show a long passage of time and that progression from young to old. It's always fun to see how they choose to represent that. I think it ended nicely. The van Gogh and End of Eva vibes were strong.

Yugioh Arc-V Episode 57-59: Playing Yugioh 5D's theme in the elevator was nice of them and the Hunter Pace cameo was funny. It seems like the divide between the commons and the topsiders wasn't because of some manmade disaster like Zero Reverse, but it was because of the rich people in power, which is kind of worse. Shay and Dennis' duel was just getting good until Sector Security just had to come ruin it. I don't think Sector Security was ever this aggressive in Yugioh 5D's; sending so many officers for just a few people.
    Last edited by Laserman; March 21st, 2019 at 07:03 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ice kaguya is.......bad.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Ice kaguya is.......bad.
    It's not even all that funny. The President was holding the idiot ball through most of this chapter as well. It kinda calls into question how they fell in love in the first place, if she was this cold and he was that spineless.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Nice, not only Tsukasa and Shinji returning, next week we will have Blade, Chalice, and Diend too. Zi-O is super fun to watch.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just rewatched the Madoka movies with my wife.

Rebellion feels a whole lot sadder and less of an asspull on a rewatch.
    don't quote me on this

Yugioh Arc-V Episode 63: Yuya is going to duel against Jack Atlas right way... I'm so excited.

Episode 64: Now I before I watched this episode, I looked ahead I when shouldn't have and looked at the result. Even though I knew that Yuya couldn't beat Jack, actually seeing that he lost the duel beforehand amused me. Jack Atlas is a man of his word, he said he would beat Yuya in 3 turns and he did it. He wasn't intimated by the Pendulum, Fusion, or Xyz Summoning, and he picked up on how Action Cards worked in a short time. Like it's Jack Atlas, he couldn't beat Declan when it mattered, he's not going to beat the Master of Faster. I also think his version of Red Dragon Archfiend was awesome too.

If there's one complaint I have, it's that I miss the strategizing and thinking that the duelist do during their duels. I also think these kinds of Turbo Duels are inferior to the ones in Yugioh 5D's. Seeing them manage their Speed Counters and Speed Spells was so fun and Action Cards probably won't fill the void.
    Last edited by Laserman; March 26th, 2019 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Just finished reading Akatsuki No Yona. It's reached a point where I believe the story is going to get progressively more and more disappointing and culminate in a profoundly unsatisfying ending.

I binged it all in one night so that may be why I feel that way. Hak is the best character, Yona and Sun-Woo are both profoundly disappointing. The best scene I can remember, honestly pretty much the only scene I can remember even though I just read the entire thing last night is Hak taking on the Dragons and Sun-woo's guards.

Yugioh Arc-V Episode 65 and 66: Most of the Commons think that Jack is a sell-out, but I doubt that. 2 of the Lancers have already lost on stage. The first duel was just a exhibition match, but the last one mattered. They need a win.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    PE
    RU
    SO
    NA
    !!!!!

Just watched the final specials from the P5A series, and i must say i'm amazed. Greetings go out to the Rose guys from japan, i humbly bow before you for helping me awake, ein freunds. ;-)
    The parts about the way mementos works, in particular, are rather interesting. Also, they make quite an interesting comment on the figure of the Holy Grail... Makes me wonder if both the TM Grail and the Persona one aren't the same, in the end...

Yugioh Arc-V Episode 71:
    Yuya to the Stadium: These duels are wrong, the losers get sent to the underground garbage dump to work forever.
    The Stadium:

Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon was cool though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i just finished reading toriko
    it's the gayest manga i've read that didn't have two men actively doing it
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Yugioh Arc-V Episode 74-75: Oh my god, that was the best duel so far in the show. Raidraptor Satellite Cannon Falcon is so awesome, it literally flew into space to fire it's attack. Dennis deserved everything that happened to him and Shay/Shun got their revenge; it was a amazing episode. Why can't all the duels be like that?

Yugioh Arc-V Episode 78-82: Yuya summoning Enlightenment Paladin with Tuning Magician was amazing. He also stopped Shinji from causing a riot which was good too. But the duel after that between Crow and Shay was so much better. Here you have two duelists from different but similar backgrounds, a legacy character and a new character, both using DARK Winged Beast archetypes. Blackwings vs Raidraptors, Synchro vs Xyz; 5D's vs Arc-V? (Another fun thing to mention is that Shay's English VA played Blackwings before, and now he's playing a character who uses Winged Beasts just like Crow.)
    I didn't know who would win in the end, but I'm satisfied with the result. Either way, it was awesome and in the end, they both gained each other's respect. At the speed I'm going, I'll be done with the Synchro Arc soon.
    Last edited by Laserman; April 1st, 2019 at 09:20 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Man ishigami just getting all the girls lol.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Watched the Ultraman Netflix show, fun and interesting take of a sequel.
    The references and nods to the whole myth aside, I love this iteration of Moroboshi so much.
    The MC is also such a kid and remains me of Peter during his early day.
    Animation is pretty nice most of the time and this is probably the first 3D anime (that is not a movie) I finished.
    Last edited by Spartacus; April 4th, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    New Vampire Bund surprisingly. Age of Scarlet Order.

Just finished reading all that's been translated so far of Ascendance of a Bookworm, probably one of the best Isekai I've ever seen.
    Girl mc who isn't op and has to live in a more realistic medieval fantasy world where the less glamorous parts aren't glossed over.

Blog Entries
    I read an interesting little series called Gamma. It only clocks in at 20 chapters from start to finish, and it tells a coherent story in that time.

It is set in a world where an alien invasion bathed the world in the mysterious Lambda Energy, which causes some humans to develop superpowers and some animal to transform into Kaiju-like beasts. But Lambda Energy is a fickle thing, and most supers only enjoy a five year career before their powers burn out entirely. Some only make it one year. Not all powers are created equal either, with some supers being world-class and some being barely super at all. This leads to a lot of complex feelings, and that's where our heroines, professional counselors in the Earth Defense Force, come in. They're super-shrinks.

It's an interesting worm's eye view of a superheroing world, and I was surprised at the conclusion the heroes reach in the finale:

Finale
    The world will be better off without Lambda Energy and supers, so they reverse the villain's grand plan. Whereas master manipulator Sakaki wanted to generate even more Lambda Energy and forcefully evolve humanity to stand on equal footing with alien races (sort of like MCU Nick Fury), the heroes opt to strip the world of Lambda Energy to ensure that the world produces no new supers.

I say I was surprised, but I really shouldn't have been. The manga emphasizes small victories and simple acts of kindness as a path to a life well-lived. You don't need to change the world to make it a better place.

Is it a great manga? No, not at all. It moves away from the super-shrink idea and becomes a bit more straightforward as a shounen adventure in the final arc.

There is also way too much emphasis on underage bodies and an eye-rolling running joke that the main character's older sister is a giant siscon. It's even more unsettling when characters highlight the fact that a young character has had her growth stunted, making her look even younger. That shit is gross.

But it's a neat little meditation on altruism, the price of power, superhero hangups, and how the common people get by in a world of supers. It's only 20 chapters. You could knock it out in an afternoon.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I finally went through Made in Abyss. I dropped it when it originally aired but after it got so many accolades that year decided to give it another shot. It was good, but I don't think it was nearly as good as the hype made it out to be. I'd watch the second season if only to see Helmet Guy get his comeuppance.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I read an interesting little series called Gamma. It only clocks in at 20 chapters from start to finish, and it tells a coherent story in that time.

It is set in a world where an alien invasion bathed the world in the mysterious Lambda Energy, which causes some humans to develop superpowers and some animal to transform into Kaiju-like beasts. But Lambda Energy is a fickle thing, and most supers only enjoy a five year career before their powers burn out entirely. Some only make it one year. Not all powers are created equal either, with some supers being world-class and some being barely super at all. This leads to a lot of complex feelings, and that's where our heroines, professional counselors in the Earth Defense Force, come in. They're super-shrinks.

It's an interesting worm's eye view of a superheroing world, and I was surprised at the conclusion the heroes reach in the finale:

Finale
    The world will be better off without Lambda Energy and supers, so they reverse the villain's grand plan. Whereas master manipulator Sakaki wanted to generate even more Lambda Energy and forcefully evolve humanity to stand on equal footing with alien races (sort of like MCU Nick Fury), the heroes opt to strip the world of Lambda Energy to ensure that the world produces no new supers.

I say I was surprised, but I really shouldn't have been. The manga emphasizes small victories and simple acts of kindness as a path to a life well-lived. You don't need to change the world to make it a better place.

Is it a great manga? No, not at all. It moves away from the super-shrink idea and becomes a bit more straightforward as a shounen adventure in the final arc.

There is also way too much emphasis on underage bodies and an eye-rolling running joke that the main character's older sister is a giant siscon. It's even more unsettling when characters highlight the fact that a young character has had her growth stunted, making her look even younger. That shit is gross.

But it's a neat little meditation on altruism, the price of power, superhero hangups, and how the common people get by in a world of supers. It's only 20 chapters. You could knock it out in an afternoon.
    Oh hey, I heard of that manga and even read some of it a while back. It looked good, but I got distracted by other things and never had a chance to get more than a few chapters in. The author, Ogino Jun, also draws tons of yuri smut on the side, so that's probably where the more prurient content you were mentioning comes from. I won't lie though; in my case, that was why the manga caught my eye in the first place...