Page 1 of 79 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: -Monogatari Second Season/Final Season Discussion Thread

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

-Monogatari Second Season/Final Season Discussion Thread

We had a Kizu- somewhere and a Nise- when it was airing and a Neko- too, so I figure "why the heck not?" and am continuing the long standing tradition of making a new and proper thread for the up-and-coming new series from Japanese Quentin Tarantino.

Get hype, all of you fans.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    How many episodes in before SHAFT will start to wear themselves thin and we become QUALITYMONOGATARI for the rest of the season up until the like last episode?

Taking all bets.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    i think we wont get "qualitymonogatari" anymore now that SHAFT has made so much money they shouldnt have to worry about spreading it thin.
    They might still run low on time sometimes though i guess.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I just hope it gets better... better than Nise, I mean. It would be a shame to have this interesting setting with the situations of Nise.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    i think we wont get "qualitymonogatari" anymore now that SHAFT has made so much money they shouldnt have to worry about spreading it thin.
    They might still run low on time sometimes though i guess.

To be honest the aforementioned QUALITYMONOGATARI I've never had any issues with because SHAFT is usually so good at covering their asses with prettyriffic scenery and "artistic" longshots that I never notice off-models the first time around until they're usually pointed out to me by those who are into QUALITY Control. It's a non-issue for me unless it gets really blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    I just hope it gets better... better than Nise, I mean. It would be a shame to have this interesting setting with the situations of Nise.
    The setting already had the situations of Nise, what you saying? That's why Nise is the way it is. Unless you meant having a repeat of Nise's antics, which was just eleven episodes of pretty nothing and witty character exchanges and more gratuitous than usual T'n'A happening with some plot, then that's a legit concern. I myself had no problem with Niseness because Ararararagi's sisters are bomb-diggity and the nothing happening was genuinely (to me) entertaining nothing.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nise was intended by Nisio as padding since he wanted to give Monogatari more plot as a series, making it less episodic and entwining it more after it got so successful.

According to novel readers what's coming up is some of the cream of the crop Monogatari-wise.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    We could just fold these different threads into one big Monogatari thread. Anyway it'd be nice to know if they actually still intend to make Kizumonogatari.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Merge the threads? BLASPHEMY.

*so says the hypocrite who merges duplicate threads any chance he gets*

But seriously. If I or anyone else wants to look for season specific discussion that went on at the time I don't see anything really wrong with keeping the others as their own discrete threads.

Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; May 30th, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Nise was intended by Nisio as padding since he wanted to give Monogatari more plot as a series, making it less episodic and entwining it more after it got so successful.

According to novel readers what's coming up is some of the cream of the crop Monogatari-wise.
    Originally he wrote Bakemonogatari volume 1 and 2. And then wrote Kizu as a prequel. Then said monogatari series was complete.

Then the Bakemono anime happened.

Then he was pretty much forced to write Nisemonogatari (like he has a entire chapter describing his annoyance about how anime revives completed works and obvious bitching).

Then he was like, oh wait Bakemonogatari is actually a pretty interesting now that I was forced to write about it Imma write nine new novels lololololol.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Originally he wrote Bakemonogatari volume 1 and 2. And then wrote Kizu as a prequel. Then said monogatari series was complete.

Then the Bakemono anime happened.

Then he was pretty much forced to write Nisemonogatari (like he has a entire chapter describing his annoyance about how anime revives completed works and obvious bitching).

Then he was like, oh wait Bakemonogatari is actually a pretty interesting now that I was forced to write about it Imma write nine new novels lololololol.
    So some kind of weird accidental troll thing that turns out to be beneficial and fun to read?

I really shouldn't be surprised. This is the Monogatari series we're talking about after all. Makes sense that the story would extend its reach into reality.

Anyway what stories does this second season (or whatever the hell it is) cover?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    To be honest the aforementioned QUALITYMONOGATARI I've never had any issues with because SHAFT is usually so good at covering their asses with prettyriffic scenery and "artistic" longshots that I never notice off-models the first time around until they're usually pointed out to me by those who are into QUALITY Control. It's a non-issue for me unless it gets really blatant.
    i thought QUALITYMONOGATARI referred to the first anime's TV runs issues of not getting finished in time and beeing aired with lots of stills with text over whole scenes because they ddint meet the timetable properly?

The setting already had the situations of Nise, what you saying? That's why Nise is the way it is. Unless you meant having a repeat of Nise's antics, which was just eleven episodes of pretty nothing and witty character exchanges and more gratuitous than usual T'n'A happening with some plot, then that's a legit concern. I myself had no problem with Niseness because Ararararagi's sisters are bomb-diggity and the nothing happening was genuinely (to me) entertaining nothing.
    Nise was great, sure it had less actual acion than the rest but the action is just, like, the 3rd most important reason to watch/read monogaztari. Number 1 is the talkety talk and number 2 the fantastufabulous characters, especially Araragi and SHINOBUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    *cough* excuse me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So some kind of weird accidental troll thing that turns out to be beneficial and fun to read?

I really shouldn't be surprised. This is the Monogatari series we're talking about after all. Makes sense that the story would extend its reach into reality.

Anyway what stories does this second season (or whatever the hell it is) cover?
    Nekomonogatari White
    Kabukimonogatari (apparently the best thing in the -monogatari series to date)
    Hanamonogatari
    Otorimonogatari (aka Nadeko loses it)
    Onimonogatari
    Koimonogatai (i dont even know a thing about this one)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I liked the change of narrator in Nekomonogatari white, Kabuki was awesome as far a si read it though i only read about half of it yet i think. Onimonogatari is Shinbou's and Koimonogatari is Senjougahara's, right? id really like to read Oni, but i dont eant to start the next one withotu having read the former ones and due to different tranlators doing different books they ar kind fo scattered through...

Blog Entries
    Sacrifice virgins to CanonRap.

Preferably those who read Fate/Apocrypha.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What do you have against Apocrypha? I read Apocrypha! I mean im not a virgin so im safe anyways, but i'll lose people to talk about with it if you do that! Who knows, some of them might even decide cosplaying Mordred you know!

Blog Entries
    One thing I do hope is that they keep the weird narrator switches though, Koimonogatari especially, since motherfucking Kaiki narrates it.

Blog Entries
    What do you have against Apocrypha? I read Apocrypha! I mean im not a virgin so im safe anyways, but i'll lose people to talk about with it if you do that! Who knows, some of them might even decide cosplaying Mordred you know!
    That's something a virgin would say.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

My job here is done.

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    One thing I do hope is that they keep the weird narrator switches though, Koimonogatari especially, since motherfucking Kaiki narrates it.
    thats motherfucking awesome, motherfucking Kaiki's motherfucking voice is motherfucking awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you silly doodlebug.

Blog Entries
    Oh you silly doodlebug.
    From Urban Dictionary:

1) the larval form of the antlion (also spelled ant lion), also known as a backward bug or backwards bug. It is a true insect.

2) the pill bug (a crustacean, not an insect- Order: Isopoda). Its various species are found all over the world. English slang names include: roly poly (spelled many ways), doodlebug, woodlouse, woodbug, armadillo bug, ball bug, bowling ball bug, hardy back, potato bug, slater, chuggy pig, butcher boy, carpenter, cheesybug, cheeselog, daddy gamfer (also spelled daddy gampfer), beetle bug, and Granny Grey. The most common slang names in America are roly poly and doodlebug.

3) the sow bug (also a crustacean in the Order Isopoda), which looks much like the pillbug, except it can't roll up. It has some of the same slang names as the pill bug.

4) British nickname given to the German V-1 Flying Bomb weapon during WWII.

5) Although it is used to describe an ant lion who builds conical mounds to trap it's prey and the dung beetle who lays its eggs in little balls of cow pies then rolls them backwards to who knows where, oilfield workers know this term as describing a person who is in the oil exploration business. Mainly seismic crews.

6) someone who doodles on their school notes.

7) a pet name for a cute blue-eyed, blond-haired boy

8) a jerk; asshole; rude person; anyone acting on ill intent

9) A really hot tall kid. Has glasses, really skinny with brown hair.

Which one did you mean?
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured