Page 353 of 441 FirstFirst ... 253303343348351352353354355358363403 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Yugioh Vrains Episode 45: Varis pulled off something I only know about in passing, I wasn't aware of how it exactly worked until now. Normally a player is only allowed to use 1 of the two Extra Monster Zones and then is able to use Link Monsters to summon Monsters from the Extra Deck to the zones they point to. But if you summon enough Link Monsters so that they point to the other Extra Monster Zone, you can use it. That's what Extra Linking is. And Varis did it with all Link-4 monsters. If you summon the right Link monsters, you can even prevent the opponent from summoning from the Extra Deck.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I blew off the Greed Island arc, which was boring me to tears, and jumped ahead to the Chimera Ant arc.

I don't know what to make of the Ants. It's really trying to sell me on what a threat these abominations are to human civilization, but most of them have such goofy designs that I would expect them to show up in a Saturday morning cartoon show. Like this shrike-rabbit-human Ant who walks around with those big floppy ears and a Speedo or the pink koala-man in a snazzy suit. It doesn't matter that the koala Ant is an overeager mass murderer that creeps out even the other Ants.

I shouldn't look at a serial killer and want to laugh every time he is on screen.

It's a shame because I like the idea of the Chimera Ants as these weird hodgepodges of conflicting visual motifs and human and animal behavior.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    HunterxHunter episode 94

I'm pretty much hate-watching at this point.

spoilers, yo
    So Killua's hesitance to fight anyone who might be stronger than him isn't a consequence of his upbringing. His family didn't raise him to be cautious, which makes perfect sense for an assassin. He's not a fighter. He's a killer. He's always gone for quick finishes and isn't interested in growing stronger like Gon until very recently. This all squared with what we knew about him as a person and set the stage for some interstin character development.

But let's throw all of that out and say his brother literally hacked his thoughts with a needle in his brain.

What a fucking copout

I haven't been this mad at a shounen series since Pain's mass revival in Naruto.

Not to mention Togashi's weird hangup for what feels like filler right in the middle of a potentially world-shaking Chimera Ant explosion now that the Queen isn't around to keep most of them in check. I don't care about Palm and Gon's date while the world is at stake. I don't see the point in Gon dropping Knuckle with his Rock attack during their first scuffle, only for Knuckle to wipe the floor with him in all of their subsequent fights. Am I suddenly supposed to take him seriously when the introduction to that character made him out to be a total jobber? And why are the Extermination Squad suddenly so cool with letting these Chimera Ants go when they are, by their nature, a species that preys upon humans? Just because Kolt got sentimental? They're literal monsters. These guys are flat out called the Extermination Squad.

What even is this arc?

This is maddening.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Vampire Bund Age of Scarlet Order, known for its vamp loli, is apparently trying werewolf shota appeal now.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    DMC2 is wildly unpopular. I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing her ever again.
    Which is a shame. She could at least be a glorified cameo, much like Trish and Lady already are in 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    She actually appears in the DMC5 prequel novel, where she's riding the cameo bus along with practically everyone else.
    Nice! They could have mentioned her in the actual game, though. I mean, they mentioned even Patty, and Morrison is right there!

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    All these bad Isekai's recently left me wanting good fantasy, so I decide to rewatch Slayers instead. Fuck, I love Slayers. Especially after the first arc is done and Zelgadis gets a good english voice.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Which is a shame. She could at least be a glorified cameo, much like Trish and Lady already are in 5.

Nice! They could have mentioned her in the actual game, though. I mean, they mentioned even Patty, and Morrison is right there!
    It's weird, the fact that Dante starts the game with Balrog is due to defeating him and Lucia hunting him down in the prequel novel - hence why he randomly has it without explanation when the game lets you play as him. Feels like they could of at least put in a line of dialog or text explaining why he has Balrog.

DMC5 is literally fanservice the game now that I think about it - not only is the anime and DMC2 referenced, but there's even stuff like the two old light novels as well. Crazy stuff.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Tasogare Otome x Amnesia).

My first "I'm not crying, you're crying!" rant at a horror - drama series.

Especially when that soundtrack of Requiem kicked in at episode 12.

And this is from a hentai artist who one day thought that releasing a manga story is all about quality rather than quantity.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    All these bad Isekai's recently left me wanting good fantasy, so I decide to rewatch Slayers instead. Fuck, I love Slayers. Especially after the first arc is done and Zelgadis gets a good english voice.
    Slayers is never a bad choice.

Xellos also gets a voice change in Slayers Revolution/Evolution-R, but I always felt David Moo's annoying, nasal, know-it-all tone suited a character who spends 90% of his screen time trying to get under everyone's skin. I was surprised to see so much of the fandom treated David Moo's Xellos like some sort of poison.

A shame it's a largely dead franchise. I would gladly take another one of Lina and Naga's movie adventures or a season that finally adapts the later novels.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    RIP ishigami.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 Episode 57: What is happening?!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's weird, the fact that Dante starts the game with Balrog is due to defeating him and Lucia hunting him down in the prequel novel - hence why he randomly has it without explanation when the game lets you play as him. Feels like they could of at least put in a line of dialog or text explaining why he has Balrog.
    I don't suppose that novel has a fan translation somewhere, does it? Or at leas a summary?

DMC5 is literally fanservice the game now that I think about it - not only is the anime and DMC2 referenced, but there's even stuff like the two old light novels as well. Crazy stuff.
    My guess is that Capcom really wanted to win the fans over after the DmC debacle. Which always struck me as a bit unfair to the game, but I'll wait until I actually play it before judging.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I don't suppose that novel has a fan translation somewhere, does it? Or at leas a summary?
    I don't know anything about a translation, but there is this at least.

Thanks, Skull!

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    And thus today marks the day the last episode of Shinkalion is subbed. Now until the movie. The show was really fun and great with a charming story and cast and some fun action. A really great kid's mecha show. I can clearly see why it got so famous that it was given an extra set of episodes (too bad they couldn't resolve everything that was set up, and what they did resolve was rushed due to higher ups deciding that timeslot had to be given to a program talking about olympics stuff that would start in july). I'm really glad I got to experience this show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    So I finally got around to watching the mafia anime "91 Days" from a few years back.

It was good, even if it played a lot of the mafia tropes a little too straight. It was definitely hampered by the 12 episode runtime though, it could have done with being a bit longer to get attached to the characters before the tragedy ensues, as was the case with Gungrave.

Still, I enjoyed it nonetheless - especially with Funamation doing all the cheesy Italian-American accents.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished the Phantom Blood Arc and Battle Tendency Arc of JoJos Bizarre Adventures.

The fact when you can't get a lady like Lisa Lisa... -.-

Will watch Stardust Crusaders next as I'm curious of how the powers shifted from Hamon to Stands.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Started watching Netflix's Castlevania on a whim. It's...not bad at all, honestly. The voice acting is of variable quality (Lisa Tepes and the Bishop are standouts, while Dracula is frankly somewhat disappointing), but the animation is consistently great and the writing at least passable.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Call me childish but the constant f-bombs and other tryhard no-no words had me on the floor.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Better or worse than High School of the Dead and/or Gantz in that regard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3