Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternal Rubicon - IC

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Character - Unit

Zhen Hoshi - Azure Wing

Date
    Monday, April 16th

The sight of the Noire Wing's Torison Faisceau was quite the impressive one. Big explosions always carried a strange feeling of grace and beauty with them, even though they heralded the coming of utter annihilation for whatever was caught in them. Perhaps was it human nature, or maybe that being a Mercenary for too long had taken a little bit of a toll upon Zhen's way of thinking.

For a second, she allowed herself to admire the destruction that Noire Wing wrecked upon the colony, fully aware that this 'scenic view' she was taking in was very at best, terrorism, and at worst, genocide. The pull of such beauty was a little too strong after all -- such brilliant light, such vigorous explosive strength, it reminded her of a star blazing in all of its glory.

But now was not the time to be romantic, or fantasising about conflagrations.

"You should fall back Altoris: this station will crumble down in time no matter what they do, your unit's in a rather sorry state," Zhen remarked blandly to 'Princess' before turning around and focusing her attention on the Rubicon between the Marchosias and the Decarabia. "But first, let's clear your way back. There's an unwelcome guest near the Marchosias..."

The enemy Rubicon that had fired off the missiles seemed to have its hands full, and definitely had taken quite a beating. Assuming that the GUARDIAN units could at least buy them some time, Zhen decided to move back towards the Marchosias to assist it in dealing with that Rubicon that had managed to pierce their defensive line -- such a thing could not be left unchecked, for if there was one thing Rubicons were famed for, it was their ability to turn the tide of battle in an instant.

If anything were to happen to the Decarabia or the Marchosias...

Pushing down the throttle lever, Zhen adjusted the Azure Wing's elevation as to have a clear shot at the Alloro, before taking aim.

The ammunition canisters of the "Claire de Lune" rifle cycled, loading in two blue coloured ones. Energy began crackling at the weapon's barrel as heat levels went up... but for now, it seemed like she was just on the edge of the maximum range.

"Just a little bit closer..."

Bringing her closer to the target, the Azure Wing flew closer, approaching with its sights homed in on the Alloro's immobile frame.

Movement
    X:14 | Y:30 --> X:15 | Y:33

Attack Target
    None ( Alloro Next turn if in Range )

Wise-Up!
    [UNIT GENERAL INFO]
    Unit Name: PMSI-Y16S "Azure Wing"
    CLS:
    C
    RNG:
    B
    MNV:
    C
    DUR:
    D

Remaining Wounds: 3
    EN:
    D (200)
    Base Energy Usage (Per Turn):
    Energy Left:
    110/200
    [UNIT EQUIPMENT]

PSC-016 “Claire de Lune” Long Range Variable Canister Rifle (1 unit)
    A beam rifle that uses a variety of pre-loaded “canisters” designed by the Saluer Corporation, to create a variety of different shot types for a variety of situations.

Saphir - A high density azure beam that deals extremely high damage on a successful hit, capable of penetrating even the most thickest of armors. Can be fired at an extremely long range, but is extremely hard to hit within close combat. Boosts attack rank to A when used, but attack accuracy is greatly reduced the closer your enemy is to your position.
    (20 EN to fire a canister)

Rouge - A crimson beam shot that, midway on its flight, splits into a large number of smaller beam attacks that cover an entire area. While overall damage is reduced, it is extremely effective against larger numbers of weaker suits or extremely mobile suits that are hard to tag. MAP attack, 2 square circle from the target point.

La Lune - La Lune - The original purpose of the rifle, “La Lune” refers more to a method of shooting, rather then a specific canister type in itself. By loading two canisters simultaneously into the loading chamber, instead of cycling single canisters, it is possible to release a single “white” attack that combines their effect. For example, by loading in two Rouge canisters, it is possible to double the attack effectiveness.
    Range: 2-7 Squares (Saphir/La Lune), 1-5 Squares (Rogue)

PSC-009MB “Aile Mobile” Pulse Vibration Mobility System (4 units)
    A set of metal fins built into the frame of the Mobile Suit itself, Aile Mobile is a unique propulsion method developed by the Saluer Corporation on the Persephone Colony. Through the generation of a solid light wave that is guided through the composite metal wing at a certain frequency, it is possible to generate a directed pulse of energy capable of generating directional thrust. It is possible to recalibrate the wings to release a cutting lightwaves when used, typically for use in close to mid range combat (effectiveness is greatly reduced over longer distances). Whenever the Aile Mobile system is activated a blue corona of light is released, a phenomena that is responsible for the name of the Mobile Suit in question.
    (EN - 10 EN per usage)

PSC-009X “Danse du Sabre” Mass Production Beam Saber (25 units)
    A set of metal fins built into the frame of the Mobile Suit itself, Aile Mobile is a unique propulsion method developed by the Saluer Corporation on the Persephone Colony. Through the generation of a solid light wave that is guided through the composite metal wing at a certain frequency, it is possible to generate a directed pulse of energy capable of generating directional thrust.
    When activated, the MNV of Azure Wing is increased by a single rank for any action taken in conjunction (dodging, closing in on enemies, etc). Can be activated multiple times for an action for a further boost (up to A rank).
    It is possible to recalibrate the wings to release a cutting lightwaves when used, typically for use in close to mid range combat (effectiveness is greatly reduced over longer distances). Whenever the Aile Mobile system is activated a blue corona of light is released, a phenomena that is responsible for the name of the Mobile Suit in question.
    (EN - 10 EN per usage)
    [PILOT INFO]

Pilot's Name:
    Zhen Hoshi

CLS:
    A
    WPN:
    B
    DUR:
    E
    TAC:
    D
    MEK:
    D
    [PILOT PERK(S)]

Battle Huntress
    Zhen’s 6 culminated years of experience on the battlefield and her rather exotic ‘hobbies’ as a child gives her enhanced usage of the environment and any given tactical information - she can very easily make sure that she remains hidden to deliver the first surprise strike, and is extremely adaptable to shifting conditions, and also, quite hard to surprise. This results in improved/additional effects from superior TAC scores and reduced/heightened effects on negative/positive battlefield modifiers (Unstable Footing, etc).

Last edited by Ayakashi; May 10th, 2017 at 06:00 AM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Captain Jin Yeong Song
    Location - EAUN “Ark Royal”, Near Desponia Orbital Facility, Bridge
    Date - Monday, April 16th

“Whaat? What is it, trying to die?” Song Jinyeong’s annoying voice sounded over the private comms. “Cover fire you say? I can do much better than that!”

It was just before the Alloro activated its trump card. A small transmission device hidden deep within the core of the Rubicon’s structure suddenly came alive, buzzing with an enormous amount of energy that was instantly transmitted through the entirety of the Alloro’s systems, improving their performance several times. It was an all-around enhancement of incredible proportions, that not only augmented its durability to enable it to survive the oncoming onslaught of attacks, but also would make the Augustus Supremo even more deadly.

This was the hidden and final trump card of the EAUN Ark Royal, the Surtr Overload System, the latest result of a string of secret researching and experimenting made regarding the improvement of the performances of the Rubicon and the betterment of the support that they could receive on the battlefield. This was a secret ‘weapon’ of sorts that had remained hidden until now, and that even on the Ark Royal itself few people knew about. In truth, this was all Jin could do to help her subordinate right now. She was too far away for actual fire support to reach any of her attackers, or for the Jorm lasers to intercept the oncoming attacks either. It would be up to luck whether the Surtr System would be enough for Sylvia’s Rubicon to survive the onslaught.

Still…

“Really…” Jin’s harsh voice came through the comms again as the Alloro crackled with visible energy. “The moment you came under my command is the moment you should have lost any notion of the possibility of death, dumbass.” Her tone became gentler for a brief moment before cutting off the communications.

The situation was an utter mess. Jin bit her lips in anger when she saw that the station had been hit, and that the damage dealt was fatal. It wouldn’t break away instantly, but its destruction was already a foregone conclusion. She gave it thirty minutes at most before it would tear itself apart.

However, despite her anger, her state of mind was rather clear. With the station critically damaged, it was up to the ones stuck there to get out by themselves. There was little the Ark Royal and its crew could do anymore except cutting their losses, especially with the Vanguard having undergone some sort of critical situation. She could already see the escape pods being launched outside. There were too many fronts open.

“Thirty minutes is going to have to be enough.” She sighed, as she opened the overall comms towards the deployed troops. It was not like defending the station had been an impossible task, but with their number of troops, it had simply been too difficult to deal enough damage to the enemy to ward them off the station, especially considering the distances involved. Simulating the situation in her head, she knew that nine times out of ten, it would end like this. It would be greatly different if they had one Rubicon more, but alas…

As it stood, the best thing they could do was to reduce their losses. The station was already doomed, so the only reason the pirates would stick around was, she reasoned, to finish it off if they could. They couldn’t allow that to happen, they needed to divert the attention of the pirates, make them retreat, force them to think that sticking around was not worth the losses. If the Alloro’s ultimate attack combined with the Surtr boost was able to deal critical damage to their fleet, if you added the other Rubicon, the still relatively intact Valkyrie squad, and the fact that they probably wouldn’t associate the sudden overload of energy from Sylvia’s Rubicon with the Ark Royal, and thus wouldn’t know of its energy situation… it was quite the threat. Especially because as far as the enemy knew, the Laevateinn could be ready to be fired again at any minute. It had created quite the strong impression, she thought, enough to work a bluff up.

They needed to end this pointless battle as soon as possible.

“The station has suffered critical damage. We can’t allow ourselves to suffer more losses.” Jin started speaking, knowing she was risking her career with this decision.

“The two units advancing towards the station, support the Mandragora. I’ll send support fire over there as well. Grunwald Unit, leave the Guardian to the rest of the Valkyries and head over to support the Alloro!”

Having given her orders, she quickly started micromanaging the Ark Royal’s movement, as the ship rotated, changing directions, and moved towards the battle, inching towards the Mandragora’s position. A single Jormungandr laser was fired towards the Guardian in front of the Mandragora, seeking to disable it before it could continue assaulting the damaged Rubicon.

Wise up!

EN: 60/500

Unique Ability – Surtr Overload System

Everything in the Ark Royal, from the Rubicons, to the standard Mobile Suits, to the ship itself possesses a small transmission system whose purpose cannot be understood at first glance. However, the truth is surprisingly simple and direct. By using the special Surtr Overload System, the Ark Royal is able to send its own energy directly to units connected to the network via the transmission system. It is, however, unable to send the energy directly to the tanks of the targets, so it instead ‘overloads’ (a term which is technically incorrect, but was thought as the better way to explain it) the target, by redirecting said energy towards its various systems and greatly increasing their battlefield performance for a certain amount of time. The ship is also able to overload itself, although it must choose to which specific system it will redirect its energy. It cannot overload two different targets at the same time.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Freira Lima
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Hangar
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:20 AM

"Huh."

Freira was surprised her legs had not been instantly turned into toothpaste. Sure, the landing was not entirely flawless, but the small surge of pain she felt swiftly hid under the sheer rush of adrenaline pumping through her veins. For a moment, she felt out of her element, even when this was definitely 'the most Freira thing to do'. Too much time away a real battlefield had caused her to forget what it was like back in South America, where this kind of do or die situations were much more common than one might think. But... At the same time, that brief pause that could be barely acknowledged was all she needed to awaken a part of the demon that she had laid to sleep.

"... I like it."

The brazilian soldier drew a wild grin as she leapt towards the cockpit with her sister in tow. The idea of immediately sending a bullet through the pilot's skull did cross her mind, as it seemed like it would be the quickest way to dispatch the biggest annoyance in her path. She was confident she could take care of whoever was at the cockpit in an instant, regardless of how many layers of glass were between them. That said, moving the corpse aside would later prove to be quite the chore and it was not like they had time to spare. They also needed as much space as possible if they wanted to both get inside the Mobile Suit.

Instead, she decided it would be best to let her enemy do the dirty work for her and cleanly reduce him with her martial art prowess. You see, the pilot eventually realized that against two intruders he was a sitting duck waiting to be slaughtered. His only chance to fight back was to open the cockpit long enough to shoot down the two girls, as it was impossible for him to get a proper angle while inside. If he did not, there was a immensely high chance he'd be the one with a body full of holes. That was just the kind of daring person he was dealing with, and he could see it in her eyes, no, feel it in the air, almost instinctively. And so, in the heat of the moment, the man decided to go with the plan that had more chances of success.

Big mistake.

Even on top of a plane about to take off, Freira's skill with Capoeira remained peerless. Her movements were fast and resolute, one kick to quickly disarm and incapacitate, and an immediate follow-up to pretty much eliminate her opponent right there, effortlessly knocking him down the vehicle. Her agility allowed her to keep her momentum and use it to get inside the cockpit, making it seem as it had all been part of a single motion. And this was just a small demonstration. Without a proper rival, there was no way she could show her full repertoire of techniques.

"Alright, get in, Mashta. Dunno about the rest, but we're getting out of here."
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn
    Desponia Orbital Facility, Medbay #14
    Monday, April 16th, 11:12 AM

Well, at the very least, he wouldn’t be finding himself acquainted with any toilets in the near future, thought Reid as they arrived mysteriously unimpeded at the Medbay, a small internal joke to lower his tension. Not that he lacked confidence in his skills and his aim- but on the off chance that Clarissa hadn’t been joking about the latrine duty… then that was one thing about their situation that was looking up.

Another, of course, was the assortment of medical equipment that patched up their recent injuries, but they didn’t really help soothe his nerves. Reid didn’t consider himself squeamish by any measure, but after the brutal sight that thy had witnessed only just a short while ago, he felt it only natural to be wary around invasive machinery, especially from Mauser’s station. Not that they could really be compared, of course- the fairly non-intrusive devices like the ones they were using probably looked cute compared to what the human experiments involved.

“Reid, Katyusha. We need to head to the north-side hangar. If I understood correctly, that is where they transferred our Rubicons after the docking procedures,”

“Roger.”

Mood lifted by the reminder of his Rubicon, Reid hopped to his feet. Regardless of what the situation on the station was like, they were soldiers of the EAU- as long as they had the Rubicons, few tricks would be of any use.

Yamada Taro
    Location -Desponia Orbital Facility, Space
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:22 AM

Damn it.

Grinding my teeth as I see it all unfold in front of me I can only curse powerless to stop it.

Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!

So many chances, so many mistakes and once it again it ends in failure why, why can’t I get anything right. I had misjudged the situation and now everyone else was paying for it, I had once again made the wrong call. It was so infuriating to see nothing change I finally had been put in a position to influence the outcome, I had finally grasped a power to that could save people and yet…

WHY IS IT THAT IN THE END I CAN ONLY LOOK ON UNABLE TO HELP ANY ONE!

God damn it…

Giving an idiot peasant a magic sword and he doesn’t turn into a hero he just becomes an idiot with a weapon too good for him. Given power and yet I had only wasted it, delaying to long and giving only a half-hearted response because I was afraid. Its infuriating that only now do I begin to understand, without hesitation, without wavering, crush the enemy with all your strength.

Quietly whispering my apologies, to the suit that I had wrecked, to my allies and to the parents who were no longer in this world and finally to the boss we all followed back on earth, I’m still so far from achieving what I dream BUT I WON’T LET THIS BE THE END.

Blinking the tears of regret from my eyes my hands tighten on the controls it might be too late to save the station but this battle isn’t over. There were still things I could do!

DON’T GET AHEAD OF YOURSELVES YOU BASTARDS!

Moving to avoid the incoming shots I brace myself as I once again activate the Mandragoras power and hit the throttle to shove the Guardian in front of me with every bit of force I can manage, all the sending it hurtling into its companion.

It’s funny…

Even now this feels like another mistake, that I should have prioritized keeping them alive over everything so they could be interrogated and we would have a better shot at bringing these people to justice but…

It’s too late for regrets now.

Wise Up
    Mandragora
    Unit Parameters:
    CLS A RNG C MNV B EN C DUR B

Wounds Remaining
    : 2
    Damage Effects: [Damage Received - Long Range Sensors - DAMAGED - Accuracy of long-range attacks (4+ Spaces) is reduced]

EN - 160/300
    Base Energy Usage (Per Turn) - 20

Item: EPT-AR001 “Esecuzione” Energy Cycle Pack

Unique Attribute:
    Kinetic Acceleration Pattern - “Septimus”
    The inherrent capacity of the Mandragora Core to increase the speed of objects via the use of mass acceleration fields. In addition, allows for the acceleration of debris and other objects on the battlefield (as long as they do not surpass the size of Mobile Suits), with the exception of other Rubicons, allowing for their use as weapons.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Commander Kang Tae Hwan, Takeshi Wakahisa
    Location - Desponia Orbital Facility, Hangar Bay 5
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:19 AM

Despite his internal conflicts on the matter, Takeshi dashed towards his vice-captain in a burst of speed. Impressive, considering that every step caused minor muscle twitching in your legs and suppressing that was a struggle all of its own. Despite the discomfort, however, you never took your eyes off the shimmering figure in front of you. The old man was right, after all. Once you lost your target, Takeshi would probably not find him fast enough to stop inevitable crossbow bolt hitting you in the back.

A mocking snort almost rose to the white-haired pilots lips as he contemplated dying to his own signature move.

Challenge Outcome - Takeshi Wakahisa

[Challenge, Rank C, Takeshi Wakahisa – A fair number of crossbow bolts attacking your position - CLS A - SUCCESS]
    [Disrupted muscle function and muscle damage - All physical actions have a chance of failure due to involuntary spasms and pain (2 turns) - Check passed. Action Successful - CONDITION LOST]

Once their “trick” had been revealed to you, the shadowy attackers' main advantage was lost. These attacks were nowhere as refined as the ones you were subjected to earlier. Most likely the individual in front of you was a standard special operative. Exceptionally trained, of course, but still a normal soldier. But you were not. You were something more.

You were Takeshi Wakahisa, an Ace of the EAU, the greatest military force on the face of the planet, damnit!

With almost snakelike grace, you weaved and bobbed through the storm of bolts in order to reach your comrade. Add in a quick dive and a subsequent roll and a mere second later you were standing in front of your Vice Captain, The bloodthirsty pilot’s eyes were still locked with the shimmering figure in the distance, however, not crossing over to Kang for even a second.

"I see you."
    Despite probably not even hearing your words, the figure let out a clearly visible shudder at Takeshi's remark. It was clear that he was unnerved and upset. Which was, in essence, a death sentence for any soldier. Takeshi knew this better than anyone. He had been given this same lesson mere moments ago, after all. At least battle-rage could be beneficial in certain circumstances. Fear of your enemy was the most worthless emotion a soldier could have. Most likely the “unraveling” of their carefully set plan had rattled the man more then you thought. Your taunt was merely something that sent the shimmering figure over the edge.

Now it was only the matter of hunting down your prey.

A more significant shimmer appeared this time, as the figure clearly started to flee from the battlefield.

CRUNCH

Only to be directly on the path of a wildly swinging yellow crane which hit the figure with a sickening crunch.

The force of the impact was enough to lift the assailant into the air and fling him into one of the steel containers. The cloaking effect dropped instantly, as whatever tech that was producing the effect was most likely shattered by the impact. Along with the rest of the figure, who was now simply a mess of blood and twisted limbs. If he was alive (which was unlikely), he would not be a threat in any case. In fact, death would probably be the preferrable option, considering the pain he would be otherwise under. Finally breaking eye contact with his target, Takeshi turned to look over to look at his superior officer.

The yellow round robot next to Kang was beeping enthusiastically.

“Success! Success! Great Success!”

Meanwhile...

The two figures that Takeshi had left behind were now locked in a confrontation of truly epic proportions. The cranes and conveyer belts that suddenly went wild in the rest of the hangar were barely an afterthought in this fight. After all, almost all of them were mangled beyond all repair before being activated by Kang. The entire area was akin to bombed out battlefield, littered with craters and remains of rent steel containers. After another large explosion-like sound, the two figures disentangled for a brief moment as their clash ended inconclusively.

Fujita landed elegantly on the wrecked steel floor, a casual smirk playing on his wizened lips. His robed opponent meanwhile, was perched upon the remains of a nearby container, his featureless face looking down on the white-haired man below. A red blood-stain was visible on his robes, but the man himself seemed to pay no attention to it. The figure had chosen to forgo the black crossbow he used earlier in favor of his fists, much like the man in front of him. No… perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he was forced to do so, as otherwise, he would have no chance against the Undefeated of the East.

The robed figure knew that better than anyone else.

“Serving as a distraction while the rest are fleeing, are you?”

The robed figure was silent, with no trace of his earlier bravado left.

Katsu was right, of course. He had already given the signal for retreat when the older man had appeared on the scene. Of their little team, the robed figure was the only one who could potentially contest him and even that was… a generous estimate. Oh, they were skilled for soldiers, but this game was taking place on a whole different level.

“How long did you think you could fool me, boya.”

"....!"

The figure stopped moving entirely, almost as if recoiling in shock.

“I originally thought that you were maybe trained by that old spider hag, but…”

“Even if you completely alter your qi signature and fill your fighting style with extraneous fluff from other martial arts, I can still tell, you know. Especially if we clash directly like this. Subconscious tendencies cant be hidden that easily.”

“And after all, all your fundamentals are the same as mine.”

“So, my dearest student. I would be very int…!”

BANG!

The figure did not even bother to wait for Fujita to finish his sentence. This situation was too dangerous. Fujita had already deduced his identity, which meant that he had to retreat. Immediately. Pulling out a number of flashbang grenades, the figure threw a handful of them at Fujita. Normally, these would be completely useless against someone like the King of Hearts… but these grenades had a specific “quirk” of his own making.

Their battlefield was painted in white light.

“What!? Qi-emission?!”

For the first time during their fight, actual shock was present in the unflappable martial artist's voice. A small satisfaction at least, considering the entire fiasco that had taken place. It was unlikely that this trick would work the next time they would meet but… well, hopefully, they would never meet again. Taking advantage of the older man’s confused state, the robed man accelerated in a superhuman burst of speed, fleeing from the hangar.

A second later, Fujita Katsu was left standing alone in the hollowed out wreckage that was Hangar Bay 5. With a flutter of his purple gi, the aging CIVOPS officer turned away from the hangar exit and started moving deeper into the hangar, towards Vice-Captain Kang and Ensign Takeshi.

Hmh. Students. Always such a hassle.”
    Last edited by Mellon; May 14th, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Freira Lima
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Launch Hangar

Challenge Outcome - Freira Lima
    [Challenge, Rank B, Freira Lima – Hijacking a Valkryie as it is about to take off. - CLS B - SUCCESS]

The brief scuffle on top of the Valkyrie only lasted ten seconds at best. Probably for the best, considering that you only had about twenty seconds at best, before the launch catapult would activate and throw both of the Lima sisters into the endless void of space. Luckily the pilot had enough sense to try and get rid of his attackers, instead of simply bulking down in his cockpit. Indeed, while the entry would have been much difficult for the two of you, actually killing the stationary pilot would have probably been far easier.

With a quick pop and a hiss, the cockpit window popped open, allowing the white uniformed pilot to crawl out and engage the two girls standing on top of the Mobile Suit.

Not that he had much of a chance.

He barely had the time to brace himself before Freira’s leg sweep caused the EAU pilot to be swept off his feet. Not even pausing for a second, a follow-up fist launched the airborne pilot off the surface of the Valkyrie and down to the ground below. Mashta, for her part, ruthlessly brought up her pistol and fired what must have been half a clip into the falling pilot.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

With a resounding smack, the corpse of the EAU pilot struck the ground beneath the red and white Valkyrie.

Mashta merely gave you a slightly sheepish grin.

“Better to take care of him permanently. He might have attacked the others otherwise.”

"Alright, get in, Mashta. Dunno about the rest, but we're getting out of here."

“Right, nee-san!”

The two of you quickly slipped into the open cockpit of the Valkyrie, only to be greeted by the foreign sight of EAU Mobile Suit interface. Your familiarity with EAU suits was slim at best, but how hard could it be, right? Mobile suits were mobile suits. Besides, not being able to use one or two sub-systems was hardly an issue in this situation. All you needed to know was when to press the trigger and who to shoot.

“Four… Three...”

Well, that and the location of the damn seat belts.

Both you and Mashta had just about enough time to strap yourself in before you heard the telltale beep of the launch catapult priming. Suddenly, with a blast of force, the Valkyrie was fired off towards space. Freira could already feel the all too familiar sensation of pressure that typically accompanied Mobile Suit launches. Unpleasant for many, perhaps. For Freira, however?

It was the siren call of freedom.

Mobile Suit Launch
    Add Valkyrie (Freira) at 33;13.
    Equipment - Laser Rifle.

Stevie St. Angelo

The two South-American sisters had left to carry out their impromptu hijacking, but Stevie and Eliza still had to deal with the other annoyances left at the hangar. At least the others were merely in pre-flight checks and not actually in the middle of takeoff. The first enemy was the easiest to deal with, a poor bastard with his back turned towards you. The pilot didn’t even have a chance as Stevie quickly slid up behind him and incapacitated him with a quick chokehold. The second enemy was also rather easily dispatched. A single strike to the ribcage was more than enough to take him out.

However, just as you were in the middle of throwing the poor bastard out of his still open cockpit, the real trouble started.

“Over there! Enemy attack!”

The two remaining pilots who were a bit further away (trying to fix the launch gear of one the Valkyries, from the looks of it) had caught sight of you and were now opening fire on your location. Bullets whizzed over your head as you quickly threw the incapacitated pilot out of your hands and dived into the mobile suit you were perched upon. Your next action was almost reflexive. The two pilots were already starting to separate and once they successfully did that, this would undoubtedly devolve into a protracted fight. Which was something you really, at the moment, didn’t have time for. The Valkyrie wasn’t equipped with weapons either. Which left only one option.

Stevie pushed down the acceleration lever, causing the blue engines to light up and the mobile suit to lurch forward rapidly, heading towards the two pilots.

In a flash, the jet-like mobile suit ran over the two gobsmacked EAU pilots, as they tried to dive into safety… and then into the mobile suit that the two had repairing mere moments earlier. When Stevie came to thirty seconds later, his body was being dragged away from the two deformed Valkyries that were now lying a bit further away. Neither was flightworthy anymore. From the looks of it, Eliza had dragged the momentarily unconscious Stevie out of the wrecked Valkyrie and was now dragging him towards one of the two remaining Valks.

Feeling your body stir, the eccentric white-haired engineer let go of Stevie’s arm and turned towards the dark-skinned martial artist.

“Oh, you are up! Great! That was pretty amazing! The engines suddenly went all BOWAAAH and then you crashed into that other Valkyrie while running over those pilots!”

“Aah, next time try to stay awake though. I mean it might be rude on my part, but you are pretty heavy, you know! Might want to go on a diet or something~!

Challenge Result - Stevie St. Angelo

[Multi-Challenge, Rank C, Stevie St. Angelo, Eliza Leroux – Take over the other 4 Valkyries in the Hangar. - CLS A - Partial Success - Two Valkryies Secured.]
    Last edited by Mellon; May 14th, 2017 at 09:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn, Katyusha Volkovnika
    Location - Desponia Orbital Facility, Hangar Bay 5, New York
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:22AM

“What the hell happened here?”

Clarissa’s normally reserved voice was tinted with shock as the three of you made it into the hangar that was supposed to host your Rubicons. What remained of it, at least. The entire hangar looked as if it had been subjected to extensive artillery shelling as it was littered with massive craters and rent steel. Numerous containers were torn to shreds, almost as if someone had fired an actual mobile suit rifle at them. You could only pray that your Rubicon wasn’t in one of those. Neither of you particularly fancied piloting a half-broken superweapon.

The blocky-looking white Alliance battleship loomed almost menacingly over you in the distance.

The hangar itself, however, was devoid of people, Or so you would like to say, but Katyusha’s “eyes” had already marked down the presence of three individuals deeper within the hangar. The IFF of Katyusha’s droids tagged two of them as “EAUN officers”, but considering how the rest of the day had played ou, you weren’t planning to take any risks. As you quickly conveyed the info to Clarissa’s, the Swedish princesses only response was a sharp nod and a quick gesture for the two of you to cover her approach. As both Reid and Katyusha took in flanking positions, Clarissa’s voice echoed throughout the wrecked hangar, clearly addressing the figures in the distance.

“This is EAUN Major Clarissa Bernadotte! We have you surrounded! Please identify yourself, or we will be forced to open fire!”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Takeshi Wakahisa
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:19 AM

A chuckle escaped Takeshi's lips as he watched the formerly camouflaged figure sail through the air before finally crash landing into a bunch of containers. Normally he would have been upset at someone else for stealing his kill, but not this time. Someone who fled the battlefield at the first sign of things going awry wasn't worth dirtying his hands over, rather this was the perfect end for such a coward.

Now that the immediate threat had been dealt with Takeshi took on a more casual demeanor and walked over to where his superior officer was slumped over and bent down, getting a better look at his wounds.

"Haaha, looks like they got you pretty good huh, vice-captain?"

“This is EAUN Major Clarissa Bernadotte! We have you surrounded! Please identify yourself, or we will be forced to open fire!”
    Takeshi's perked his head up as he head an unfamiliar voice address them. Had reinforcements arrived? Well they weren't any from the ship if they were who they said they were. Well it was unlikely that they were more enemies, they were outright giving away where they were unlike the scum from earlier. Sounded like they were armed and knew where the two of them are so it was probably in his best interests to answer.

"Looks like it's your lucky day, vice-captain." Takeshi muttered to Kang before raising his voice to answer the hail, "EAUN Ensign Takeshi Wakahisa over here! There's also a CIVOPS officer and my vice-captain here as well, the latter of which looks like he needs some medical aid before he bleeds out!"
    Last edited by Zagrin; May 14th, 2017 at 10:38 PM.

Stevie St. Angelo

"I'll, guh, have you know that most of this weight is that of my gigantic, brass-plated, awe-inspiring- hang on a sec, mind giving me a hand?" I braced myself against her shoulder lightly, careful to not overbalance, (didn't need that shit again) and then lugged my body upwards on to my own two feet.

"Muscles."

Still, probably could've done that a bit better, maybe tried to co-ordinate with the little miss here a bit more, saved that third one.

Ah well, what's done is done. Better than nothing at all, to be honest.

Should probably try and reign in this lone wolf thing a little at some point, not in the jungles anymore, gotta be 'squad-friendly', or whatever the guys called it.

"Probably should'a done a little of that thing, what do they call it, temwork?" I intentionally mangled the word, grinning sheepishly, "But hey, it worked out alright, and it looked freakin' awesome. So all's well."

"Still, let's go ahead and get under way, yeah? Can't let those two show us up!"
    Last edited by Mormarth; May 14th, 2017 at 09:47 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Katyusha Volkovnika

"Ouch."

The statement was directed both at the man with a jagged hole in his side, and the havoc that had been wreaked on the hangar bay. Evidently they'd arrived too late to join in on the fun.

Katyusha considered the situation for a second. Her eyes zoomed in on the three, taking in as much as they could despite the distance. The CIVOPS man was aging, albeit gracefully, and unlikely to be an enemy in disguise for that reason. Certainly, no one would disguise themselves in such a conspicuous way. The attackers hadn't bothered with the subtle approach, either, so faking the IFF signals of friendly officers wouldn't make sense, unless they were sleeper agents in the process of making their escape. Still, there was due caution and there was paranoia. They clearly weren't faking the bleeding.

"I give it ten to one odds they're friendly, Clarissa," Katyusha whispered. "The vice-captain is bleeding out - permission to treat him?"

The curt nod was all she needed.

"EAUN Ensign Katyusha Volkovnika," she shouted back. "You picked a bad time to get shanked, Vice-Captain, though if you were in the middle of this mess I have to congratulate you on making it out in one piece."

Katyusha walked over, gun clearly holstered. In this sort of uncertain situation, it was always the foot soldiers that bridged the gap. Or rather, was she still a foot soldier after being commissioned? Ensign was still low in the hierarchy, at least. Vice-Captain, though, was getting into the big leagues. She'd thought that title was reserved for sports teams, not military hierarchy, but perhaps that was just how they did things in space.

"Sir." Katyusha nodded to the bleeding man. He looked thin. Reedy. Her inclination was to say non-combat, but then she was just as fragile. In war you didn't need to be tough; you just needed to kill the other person before they killed you. "You'll bleed out in minutes. A quick patch-job is fine, right? It's no med bay, but it's free, and we're in a bit of a hurry."

As she spoke, Katyusha twitched a finger and sent one of her eyes to check out their Rubicons for damage or sabotage. Another bobbed above her shoulder, scanning faces and uniforms. The officers were expected, but this CIVOPS man was strange enough to warrant more than a glance.

Yet one more of her eyes ducked low, stopping near the strange spherical object that was by the Vice-Captain's side. It focused and refocused its lens, trying to understand.

What... what was that thing?

Blog Entries
    Conrad Eagle, Riley Guardstein, Takuto Satoyama and Zach Ayers
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Near the Bridge
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:20AM

Cinque take over and do not crash us on the station.

The blonde officer gave a simple nod and a salute.

“Roger, Captain.”

A moment later, the detached bridge lurched into life, moving slowly, but surely towards the destination that Conrad had outlined earlier on the holographic screen. A small entry port on the southern side of the station. Granted, docking this lump of steel might prove to be too much, even for the greatest of pilots, but if things came to that, you could use the space suits to cross over. Either way, it was a far more preferable option to just sitting here and eagerly waiting for your recapture.

Chen spoke up, with a surprisingly serious tone for once.

“Conrad-jun. We should probably prepare ourselves for some visitors. Our current behavior sticks out like a sore thumb and the pirates can only waylay the Ark Royal for so long. At the very least someone will be sent to investigate the matter.”

A moment later, the serious tone vanished, only to be replaced with her usual teasing grin.

“But maybe divine providence will smile upon us! Maybe these gallant space pirates will defeat the evil EAU monsters and whisk us away to a life of romantic swashbuckling~!”

Suddenly, a dazzling display of crimson light could be seen in the distance as almost simultaneously, the station was struck by an array of crimson beam attacks, each seemingly striking different areas of the Desponia. Whatever the attack was, it seemed to carry a considerable punch, as it was followed by a series of blossoming explosions, each larger than the last. The orbit of the station itself also… shifted, for the lack of a better word. In fact, you were pretty sure that the attack had permanently sealed the fate of the station. Once a certain number of key support pillars was lost, the rotation of the station would start working against it. Slowly but surely, the rotation would grind the station into nothing but chunks of steel and reinforced plasteel.

It would seem that you were on a timer as well, in addition to everything else.

“Hoo? Fufufu. At this rate, I maybe might fancy myself a role as a fortune teller, rather than a military officer.”

However, In an ironic twist, just as if to completely undermine everything word that Chen had just said moments later, your breath was taken away, as you saw a sight that you would remember for the rest of your days.

Zhen Hoshi, Yamada Taro, Sylvia Hanaika, Captain Jin Yeong Song
    Location -
    Desponia Orbital Facility, Space
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:224AM

Altoris Sao & Zhen Hoshi

You should fall back Altoris: this station will crumble down in time no matter what they do, your unit's in a rather sorry state,

"But first, let's clear your way back. There's an unwelcome guest near the Marchosias..."

A communications screen popped up on Zhen’s tactical UI, displaying an unusually serious-looking looking Altoris.

“You can say that again. Any more punishment and the Noire Wing will be nothing more but scrap, I’m afraid. I’ll probably have to stick back and provide long range covering fire. Anything more would be suicide.” A brief silence. “Oh and Zhen… thanks. I owe you one.”

It was clear that the blue-haired pilot was referring to your earlier covering fire. Really, it wasn’t something that deserved even mentioning. The two of you were wingmates and something like that was natural. Not to mention it was a part of your mission, to begin with. However, it did seem like Altoris was somewhat rattled by the fact that without your cover, he would have been turned into nothing more but a half-melted shower of metal and composite fragments. In hindsight, this was definitely not how you were used to fighting your fights either. The Marchosias usually had an advantage over its opponents due to their advanced custom suits, but this kind of fight…

In any case, this was not a chain of thought you wanted to fully follow through.

Hesitation in a battlefield like this was death.

In an elegant flourish of motion, you reoriented the Azure Wing and leveled Claire de Lune at the white-green Rubicon in the distance.

And then you saw it.

Yamada Taro

With an almost primal roar that contained all of the burning emotions that were coursing through your veins, Yamada pushed down the acceleration lever.

In an insane burst of acceleration that felt like it was tearing your own face, Mandragora shot off towards the GUARDIAN in front of you, as if it was a round fired from a railgun. Before the enemy mobile suit could even react your "hand" had clasped the “head” of the enemy suit. You could feel the fingers of the brown and black Rubicon groan under the sudden amount of intense stress applied to them. The Mandragora wasn’t really designed for this type of combat, but rather for maximum flexibility in order to use the variety of weapons created by the Michihi.

At the moment, you couldn’t care less about something like that.

With another guttural roar on your lips, the Mandragora flung around the GUARDIAN by its head like a hapless ragdoll, before throwing it towards the only other target you could make out at the moment.

Its own ally.

Within less than a second, the enemy Mobile Suit had accelerated to approximately 800 km/h and less than two-tenths of a second after reaching that speed, it drove into its target. Normally, such an impact would not be able to fully destroy a GUARDIAN outright, at least not space, where some of the collision would be offset by the void of space. However, the GUARDIAN you had thrown was already in dire straights from the earlier fight and was unable to deal with such an impact, causing its power reservoir to go critical.

Which, in turn, sealed the fate for both of your enemies.

However, both the explosion of your foes and your raging emotions were wiped clean by another sight.

Sylvia Hanaika

This must have been what hell looked like.

You barely even had time to recognize the fact that the Surtr Overload System had been activated, before you were pelted by what seemed to be every weapon known to man. Perfectly coordinated fire-zones, overlapping with one another, made dodging entirely and completely fruitless. The kinetic rounds tore off the Alloro’s left hand clean off and completely destroyed the left set of thrusters. The blade-wielding suit nearly bisected you horizontally, with only the Surtrboost and your own quick reflexes saving you. You still lost both of your legs for that stunt.

Fortunately, the sword-wielding suit suddenly moved backward instead of continuing with its assault.

Unfortunately, that was so that it would not in the range for the explosive missiles and another follow-up beam attack from the morphing custom suit further away.

When the explosive flashes finally subsided, what remained could scarcely be even called a Mobile Suit. The Alloro was now nothing more besides a one-handed hunk of half-molten metal. Losing the Touka? Nonsense. At this point, you would be surprised if the Alloro could ever fly again. Your own survival was a miracle all of its own, one that you were unlikely ever to replicate ever again. Activate Augustus Supremo? With what? All the systems of the Rubicon were dead and completely unresponsive. The energy banks were blasted to shreds, if not melted into a slab. You might as well as activate it using your hopes and dreams.

Utter nonsense.

“The glorious emperor rises, my ass.”

Your push of the activation was a gesture of petty irritation, nothing more.

Someone was here. She was not alone. A foreign presence suddenly filled the entire cockpit. Wait… foreign? No, Sylvia was the outsider here. How could she not feel it before? Now that she had been made aware of it, there was no way she could not notice it. More than sight or sound, it was the feel of the cockpit. Its very essence. Like an apartment, that someone had lived in for so long that it had become inseparable from its owner. It permeated the very fabric of this… thing, down to the smallest nut and bolt. This Rubicon had never belonged to Sylvia Hanaika.

She had been merely using it.

All of Sylvia’s senses screamed at her to flee, to do anything to leave this place.

Almost on reflex, your fist headed towards the emergency ejection button.

...only to instantly stop in its tracks midway.

“Please, my dear. We can’t have you do something rash like that, now can we?”

“We have a "war" to win, after all.”

A silvery chuckle reached your ears, wrong and alien in every way that mattered.

“Now, my little toy emperor. Why don’t you raise your hand for me?”

Sylvia watched in horror as her hand rose.

In an almost mocking mirror image, the Alloro’s last remaining hand rose to grasp the distant stars above.

Everything in her sight vanished.

Space twisted like rotten fruit as everything around her was ground down to its very essence. Nothing could stand against it. Everything in this world came from it and everything in this world was destined to return to that state in the future. A homogenous paste of basic particles with no sentience, meaning, or purpose. Sylvia could not even register the two suits that had attacked her earlier or the ship that had been in the distance. How could she have? They were objects made by foolish men.

And things made by men were the most impermanent of all things.

Ideals? Hope? Justice? Revenge?

Even her solitude was meaningless in the eyes of the world.

“Indeed, my dear. Isn’t it amusing?”

...ha...hah...hahahaha….HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Was she laughing because she was told it was amusing or because it was the only right course of action in this nonsensical situation?

In the void of all things, Sylvia Hanaika broke apart like everything else made by men.

Last edited by Mellon; May 15th, 2017 at 07:14 PM.

Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn

After Clarissa gave Katyusha the OK to begin treatment, Reid continued to watch the men in the hangar while lowering his weapon. They had identified themselves as fellow soldiers of the EAU- People who fought under the same cause. To continue to point a gun at them would be doing a disservice to them, in his opinion.

At the same time, they had no idea why they were here. The injuries were a bad sign, but the relaxed attitude of the ensign suggested that they had met with and fought off hostiles, meaning they might have a better clue about what was happening on the station. With the situation unknown as it was, and their Rubicon’s… Reid didn’t want to consider the possibility that they were among the wreckage, but it was always possible.

He raised his voice to address them from a distance. “Tell us what happened here. Did you people encounter those drones too?

Blog Entries
    Sylvia Hanaika
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:24AM

“Hahahahahahahahaha!”

My body keeps laughing. My lungs burn and I can’t make myself stop. My will is meaningless, no amount of stubborn denial can change it. It hurts and it hurts and it hurts, but my body will not stop.

I’m not in control.

My body sputters, gasps for air, and every breath burns, sears that pain into my head. I can hear that stupid cackle ringing in my head. I want it out. I want my mind to be my own. Slowly, breaths get less and less shallow.

“...And all is nothing before her glory.”

It says it with my voice.

“Isn’t that what you wanted to say, my dear?”

A grin adorns my face, but it’s not mine. I can’t even frown or scream and the sound of my own laughter rings through the cockpit. I want it to stop.

“You should not worry, my little toy emperor. You are mine to play with, mine to advise, but you may act if you reflect on the error of your ways. I shall make you rise above any other, but there mustn’t be any dissent. So listen to me, and speak wisely.”

That chilling voice. Alien. Inhuman. My mouth opens and closes the way I want it to, but everything else does not. My hand traces across my face, but it’s not my hand. It’s their hand tracing over their body and I have been given a privilege.

A privilege I… I cannot waste.

“Will you abandon your throne once again in the name of fear?”

The throne? What was I just trying to—

“T-the Alloro?”

“With the Alloro you are great, and without it you are nothing, like all that you have just rent.”

“...It’s broken.”

“The throne is the sign of an emperor’s grandeur, my dear. Will you let the symbol of your reign waste away like other impermanent, man-made things? Time is vast and long, my dear, yet you will do nothing to make your reign immortal?”

I try to speak up now, but I can’t my jaw clenches and locks into place, resistance futile.

“My little toy emperor, you will get your throne repaired, won’t you?”

“Yes,” I obediently say.

“My little toy emperor, will you put down your hand?”

My hand falls over the eject button, guided there without my own input.

“My dear, will you abandon your throne ever again?”

“No,” I answer, taking my hand away. I will stay on my broken throne and wait to be retrieved. I don’t have a choice. Even if I tried to leave now…

My arm would lock up and I would just be their precious toy again. I have to obey to be free.

I’m crying.

“Do not weep, my little toy emperor. Watch the brilliant stars shine, just like you.”

My arm moves without my consent and rubs away my misery. I look out through the cockpit, at the lights dotting the vast expanse of space.

It’s drearily empty.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Takeshi Wakahisa

Takeshi raised an eyebrow at his fellow soldier's question.

Drones? So that meant that more than just the hanger bay housing the Alliance's new toy had been attacked. It seemed reasonable to assume that they were linked to those cowards from earlier. After all they didn't seem to have much of an appetite for a real battle going by how they reacted once they'd been spotted so using an unmanned machine, which carried no inherent risk, seemed right up their alley.

"No, nothing as boring as that," Takeshi replied while shaking his head, "We got jumped by soldiers with some sort of cloaking, among other toys. My guess is that they were Alliance black ops, but can't say for sure. If you're interested in checking one of them out, there should be a corpse somewhere near the dented container over there, although make sure you have a strong stomach if you do."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Zach Ayers

Once again the Alliance was at the mercy of Lady Luck.

Drifting in space on a near-defenseless barge with no means of contacting their teammates and in the possible cross hairs of the other EAUN battleship, it was a grim situation indeed. There was no guarantee they would even reach the space station, let alone retake the White Dagger and their Rubicons...but that's when hope was needed right? It was such an easy thing to say, something you'd hear in the romantic novels of yore but this was reality. When the worst had happened, to regain hope was truly an accomplishment.

And standing around and hoping wasn't going to achieve anything.

He was still injured from that earlier firefight, being point was never anyone's first pick and yet Zach had decided to do it and nearly ended up dead for it. It was a mix of luck and reaction speed that let him get off with just this scratch.

But it was still a hindrance. This whole battle was far from over, that was just the beginning of today's troubles.

A cursory glance across the bridge was all he needed to find what he wanted.

"Looks like there's some first aid kits left," it was a relief, with how adamant these guys were they could have easily trashed all of them, "May as well get something done while we're stuck in here."

This wasn't the first time he had been shot.

Hell, it was far from the worst if the scar on his chest was any indication.

But that didn't make it hurt any less, the little adrenaline that had still been in his system a moment ago was gone leaving him with only a throbbing pain in his left arm. If anything it was a good lesson in not rushing in to enemy territory, getting off rather easy this time around.

Grabbing one of the medical kits, Zach glanced over to the various screens that lined the bridge as he took one of the multiple unoccupied seats. It was similar enough in principle to an Alliance battleship but had the distinct feel of the EAUN to it, the technological advancement that the super nation had over the Alliance was apparent in the design of the bridge and the equipment.

At least the first aid kit was good enough, it seemed the EAUN followed similar regulations when it came to these things: disinfectant, gauze, all the essentials.

It was just like basic training back at the academy, just-

Quote Originally Posted by Familiar Voice
    “Alloro speaking. Status update?”
    Time froze.

The world of Zachary Ayers came to a halt.

His body had suddenly become heavy and yet he felt nothing.

The pain had left him, everything had left him.

His eyes could only quickly glance to where that voice had come from, to confirm what he was hearing, to tell him this was some sort of delusion.

No such relief came.

His hands shaked, once more the pain has become only an afterthought.

His vision blurred, it had been so long since this had happened. He never wanted to go back there. To forget it...and yet this waking dream was as clear as day.

Without even realizing Zach had already reached to his chest.

Even as he faces away from his comrades, keeping to himself, trying to patch himself up, he couldn't make sense of it...this whole situation was unreal. 'Nova Calendus' was still a fresh wound, the Lionel Gap even more so but this was different, this was something he had tried to bury already, something he had resigned himself to never being able to understand, never knowing the truth. After all he had been left for dead there without even given a reason for why it happened.

It was a vivid memory, even after so long he could remember it all.

But it wasn't the times from before, not initial training with the others or a chance encounter with the person he looked up to. It wasn't a fun memory of those times, at least if it was it would be something to cherish...no, it was a much simpler and harsher memory. When the foundations of one's world are shaken and destroyed and everything you hold dear is taken from you in one swift stroke, it wasn't piece by piece nor was there any of the so-called soldier's honors that was thrown here and there as justification.

It was the memory of a slaughter.

Walking down a corridor, the sound of gunfire filled the air. In a panic, he could only push forward as the bodies of those he knew were around him.

The smell of smoke was strong in the air and the station's sirens were blaring.

It was only by some stroke of luck or the training from his now dead instructors that he managed to make it this far.

But he was the only one.

Questions of how and why, what and how, all burned but none would be answered as long as he was in danger.

No, that wasn't true.

The truth was he was refused an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Familiar Voice
    Why should I tell you? Not knowing is the greatest pain of all.
    It was the same voice, it had to be. The same one that stood so defiantly in the middle of the carnage, bloodied but not with their own blood. One that he looked up to and that he had listened so intently in training. The one that pushed him forward to become better.

The same one that pulled the trigger.

Sylvia Hanaika.

He should have died then and there.

But he didn't.

This graze was nothing compared to then, the pain he felt dealing with this wound was but a fraction of what he had already endured. Just what had he been doing these past few years? Training to get stronger? To continue his path as a soldier? Or was it for something else? Revenge? The truth behind that day? Even as he tried to keep himself in control, his emotions welled...it wasn't the first time he had felt this way but it was the first time his belief that she might be out there was confirmed. Or at least he thought so.

But he couldn't do anything, he was stuck in here. But if he wasn't? Would he rush at the chance again?

Would he make the same mistake again like he had done just now? Like Nova Calendus? What would the consequences be then? In a way, being trapped like this was a blessing.

How far could he go if he kept being like this...?

He glances from his arm, it seemed whatever he had gone through hadn't impaired his ability to do basic first aid. At least one good thing had come out of all this, even if it was his own fault that it had happened in the first place. What did he look like now to everyone else? It didn't matter anyway, it only mattered if he could resolve himself now...to do what he had to do, to not make the same mistake. He had to focus on moving forward.

And yet when he looked to the screen...he saw something that once more shook him.

Was that the machine that had contacted them? In the middle of...whatever that was.

The enemy forces around it were gone, not even a remnant of their existence was left. Space itself seemed to become an empty void around the green Rubicon in an instant.

This was the sort of enemy he was facing.

It was an awe inspiring yet horrid sight.

...And one that spoke volumes of the urgency of their situation.

Just what have you done now...

Sylvia Hanaika?

Character - Unit

Zhen Hoshi - Azure Wing

Date
    Monday, April 16th

"..."

Before she understood anything, she saw a light. A frightening light. It was not the life-giving light of the stars, it wasn't the warm shine of the sun. It wasn't even death-bearing brilliance of lasers and missiles exploding... no, it was something else entirely.

A phenomenon that did not belong to the realm of science, that could not be comprehended, that could not be fathomed by humanity. That alone, the idea of the unknown, of the ungraspable, struck fear within the young woman's heart. An instinctive feeling, the most natural sensation for one who was part of the human race.

"The Decarabia... the units... everyone... where?"

Deep down she knew the answer to that question that she uttered, her voice on the verge of breaking into hysteria. Zhen had lost people before, in fact, her entire life was one of losses, losing co-workers, friends and ultimately, family. She who had accepted the consequences of being a Mercenary, had steeled herself the best she could, and surely, she could have taken the loss of the Sirens with more serenity... if only they hadn't gone out in such a way:

Erased in one fell instant, as if they never were there in the first place. Once, where nothing now remains, were people whom Zhen had worked along and even, had pleasantries, interactions and shared camaraderie with... smiled with... and now, in one single instant, all of that was reduced to nothing.

She did not fully lose herself, because fortunately, what was dearest to her was still here -- the Marchosias and its crew had been spared by this cataclysm.

Still, while she was no wild animal... she was still at this moment, comparable to a beast, a controlled beast, with a very simple, yet insanely powerful desire -- the desire for revenge.

Blood rushed to her head as she silenced herself, her mouth shutting itself, but her soul resonating with the agony and misery of loss.

Something Zhen was familiar with, after all.

"Alto, hurry up and get back into the Marchosias, I'll cover you."

She tries her best to talk as naturally as possible, but anyone hearing her can tell that behind the veil of bland and seemingly emotionless words, was someone who had just been emotionally destabilised.

But as hysteria wraps its hands around her throat, she can only fight it back, even, she can only fight back against her own desires and deny herself 'salvation'. No, she will not make the same mistake she did when she had just started her career as a mercenary. To let oneself be blinded by feelings possibly had immeasurable consequences -- she had lost people that way before... and here, even though her entire body itched to simply lock onto the Alloro's wreckage and shoot it, tactically, it was an unwise decision...

Or was it?

With the Sirens gone, over half of the strike force had been lost... and in contrast, the EAU still had two ships and over an entire squad of Valkyries. And the wreckage of that Rubicon.

The cause of it all.

Zhen metered her energy gauge -- she had enough power left for two "La Lune" canister shots. Said canisters that were left were three Saphir shots and one Rouge shot... yes, she could definitely spare one of these Saphir containers.

Even though it seemed disabled, even though all semblance of activity seemed to have died down... it wouldn't hurt to be sure, right? Even if that didn't make up for her being too late, even if it would not bring back anyone, or even, she doubted that it would satiate this void that she felt inside her right now... Zhen could only do this as a certain form of 'payback'.

To whom, the enemy pilot? An individual who was most likely just doing their job, fighting against attackers, defending their friends and companions?

She had no answer, no thoughts, nothing.

Only an emptiness to fill.

"This world spins on hypocrisy"

With that done, she turned her attention to the enemies in the distance.

Movement
    X:15 | Y:33 --> X:19 | Y:33

Attack Target
    Alloro | Using Claire de Lune with Saphir Shot (Solo Canister)

Wise-Up!

[UNIT GENERAL INFO]

Unit Name: PMSI-Y16S "Azure Wing"
    CLS:
    C
    RNG:
    B
    MNV:
    C
    DUR:
    D

Remaining Wounds: 3
    EN:
    D (200)
    Base Energy Usage (Per Turn):
    Energy Left:
    100/200

[UNIT EQUIPMENT]

PSC-016 “Claire de Lune” Long Range Variable Canister Rifle (1 unit)
    A beam rifle that uses a variety of pre-loaded “canisters” designed by the Saluer Corporation, to create a variety of different shot types for a variety of situations.

Saphir - A high density azure beam that deals extremely high damage on a successful hit, capable of penetrating even the most thickest of armors. Can be fired at an extremely long range, but is extremely hard to hit within close combat. Boosts attack rank to A when used, but attack accuracy is greatly reduced the closer your enemy is to your position.

Rouge - A crimson beam shot that, midway on its flight, splits into a large number of smaller beam attacks that cover an entire area. While overall damage is reduced, it is extremely effective against larger numbers of weaker suits or extremely mobile suits that are hard to tag. MAP attack, 2 square circle from the target point.

La Lune - La Lune - The original purpose of the rifle, “La Lune” refers more to a method of shooting, rather then a specific canister type in itself. By loading two canisters simultaneously into the loading chamber, instead of cycling single canisters, it is possible to release a single “white” attack that combines their effect. For example, by loading in two Rouge canisters, it is possible to double the attack effectiveness.
    Range: 2-7 Squares (Saphir/La Lune), 1-5 Squares (Rogue)

PSC-009MB “Aile Mobile” Pulse Vibration Mobility System (4 units)
    A set of metal fins built into the frame of the Mobile Suit itself, Aile Mobile is a unique propulsion method developed by the Saluer Corporation on the Persephone Colony. Through the generation of a solid light wave that is guided through the composite metal wing at a certain frequency, it is possible to generate a directed pulse of energy capable of generating directional thrust. It is possible to recalibrate the wings to release a cutting lightwaves when used, typically for use in close to mid range combat (effectiveness is greatly reduced over longer distances). Whenever the Aile Mobile system is activated a blue corona of light is released, a phenomena that is responsible for the name of the Mobile Suit in question.
    (EN - 10 EN per usage)

PSC-009X “Danse du Sabre” Mass Production Beam Saber (25 units)
    A set of metal fins built into the frame of the Mobile Suit itself, Aile Mobile is a unique propulsion method developed by the Saluer Corporation on the Persephone Colony. Through the generation of a solid light wave that is guided through the composite metal wing at a certain frequency, it is possible to generate a directed pulse of energy capable of generating directional thrust.
    When activated, the MNV of Azure Wing is increased by a single rank for any action taken in conjunction (dodging, closing in on enemies, etc). Can be activated multiple times for an action for a further boost (up to A rank).
    It is possible to recalibrate the wings to release a cutting lightwaves when used, typically for use in close to mid range combat (effectiveness is greatly reduced over longer distances). Whenever the Aile Mobile system is activated a blue corona of light is released, a phenomena that is responsible for the name of the Mobile Suit in question.
    (EN - 10 EN per usage)

[PILOT INFO]

Pilot's Name:
    Zhen Hoshi

CLS:
    A
    WPN:
    B
    DUR:
    E
    TAC:
    D
    MEK:
    D

[PILOT PERK(S)]

Battle Huntress
    Zhen’s 6 culminated years of experience on the battlefield and her rather exotic ‘hobbies’ as a child gives her enhanced usage of the environment and any given tactical information - she can very easily make sure that she remains hidden to deliver the first surprise strike, and is extremely adaptable to shifting conditions, and also, quite hard to surprise. This results in improved/additional effects from superior TAC scores and reduced/heightened effects on negative/positive battlefield modifiers (Unstable Footing, etc).

Last edited by Ayakashi; May 17th, 2017 at 06:37 AM.

Yamada Taro
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:24AM

So it was a mistake…

Grimacing at the vibrant sight of the Guardians demise I recognize my error, I had wanted to take capture them alive so that they could stand trial for their disgusting crimes and so that we might be able to discover a lead on who they were, yet…

Bastards, bastards all of them, gripping the controls until my knuckles turn white I can only curse them for what they did, for how many they must have killed. Just like the alliance all over again, no regard for what they aim their weapons towards, no value of life you deserved far worse than that.

Wincing as I realize the fully extend of just how I feel, the rush of the adrenaline, the hatred for all of them, the elation and satisfaction twisting inside me. Bile rising in my throat I grit my teeth and try to calmly breath, no, no, I don’t- I can’t lose myself, although taking up a weapon to achieve this erodes what I want I have to remember what I’m fighting for, not hatred, not vengeance, for a better world where the those who have nothing to do with it are killed, and so that they don’t have to live in fear. I wan-

Staring wordlessly at the destruction that holds my gaze like a trance.

Ah…

So this, this is the power of a Rubicon…

I can only shudder at the thought of it and just what kind of destruction I could bring with a single decision.

Yet in the glow of destruction something tears me away from the fearful contemplations.

!

A single wrecked mobile suit floating like a corpse.

CAPTAIN!

“Captain, Captain Sylvia can you hear me? CAPTAIN ARE YOU OKAY?”

I want to make a better world and I want to protect the people around me.

Panic surging through my veins at her state I hail her on the coms as I pray that she’s still alive. Damn it captain please respond.

No, no only that’s not good enough I need more strength, I need to do more, I CAN’T LET IT END LIKE THIS. Endlessly losing everything around me as I helplessly look on I refuse this outcome.

GODDAAAAAAAAAAMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, screaming out as I curse myself for forgetting and not using it earlier I engage the last resort defensive power of the Kanoke launcher system. So late but I just hope it isn’t too late.

Slowing my breath to erase any hint of panic I prepare for the last thing I can do…

Even if it’s been highly damaged, even if I’ve misused it so badly, IT’S STILL A RUBICON.

Switching to an open channel I address the attackers before me.

“Attention unidentified forces this is your final chance to surrender, failure to comply will be met with termination, I repeat, depower your mobile suits and surrender.”

To an onlooker it must seem ridiculous to be asking this when I’m in such a bad state yet, yet since taking damage I haven’t had an opportunity to fire back, they would know the suit is damaged but they wouldn’t know the full extent, they wouldn’t know the long range sensors were hit.

So while it is laughable I still begin to power up the Septimus system to its true destructive power, Septimus Decretorium.

It’s a lie to believe that I can hit anything with any reasonable degree of accuracy with the sensors in this state it would all come down a gamble if I had to fire. Yet hopefully it never comes down to that you who have witnessed power will know fear and that fear will become my weapon to break you. Shatter your spirit to such an extent that drives you beyond spite, drives you into despair. See your destruction and disappear!

Flight or surrender I don’t even care at the moment, I just want to save her…

It was a gamble, both the shot and the bluff yet…

Yet didn’t people once call me stupidly lucky? So I will pour everything I have into this after all…

Double checking the system start-ups, double checking my aiming I move to make good on the motto they came up with, they called the decisive emperor acts and so I shall.

Just try me you bastards, I won’t let another comrade die on me.

Actions:
    Activated Kanoko’s defensive operation, Priming Septimus Decretorium (target Marchosias)

Wiseup
    Yamada Taro

Perks:
    Strange Fortune:
    The possession of a powerful and strange luck that makes itself-known in every aspect of his life both subtle and overt, the kind of ability that in the past would have been seen as the sign that the gods favor him though not seen as such a romantic thing today it is still as useful and mysterious. While not only bringing about more favorable results it also has a tendency to bring about the strange and miraculous.

A blessing that can sometimes resemble a curse for all the strange and absurd things it throws his way. Luck that protects and aids him but tends to lead him to rather ridiculous situations.

Mandragora
    Unit Parameters:
    CLS A RNG C MNV B EN C DUR B

Wounds Remaining: 2

EN - 140/300
    Base Energy Usage (Per Turn) - 20

JMC-R16 “Kanoke” High Acceleration Missle Launchers
    Due to their capacity of motion, the Kanoke can also be used to somewhat defend from incoming fire, by sacrificing the module.

EPT-AR001 “Esecuzione” Energy Cycle Pack X1

A system that stores the excess heat and force energy resulting from standard movement. While converting it back into electrical storage is impossible, it is possible to use the stored energy as a substitute for the standard energy store for the Rubicon, at least when it comes to mobility. After 2 turns of activity, the standard turn EN usage is considered 5 (simply for electrical system activity) for the two next turns. This is then followed by two turns with complete EN costs, 2 turns of 5 EN, etc.

Septimus Decretorium - The Decisive Emperor Acts
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OM

Riley Guardstein

Riley had been aware that the rubicons were weapons of mass destruction. What he had not thought of was how easily space itself could be twisted by them.

It was that sort of ignorance that had allowed his own superweapon to be turned against his forces.

The rubicons did not simply represent power. They were a force that could also change the rules of the battlefield - throwing it into disarray, or even going so far as to tear it apart entirely.

It left him with a sinking feeling in his stomach. Rather than the Federation or the Alliance, perhaps the only ones that would truly be in control would be those who wielded the rubicons.

And right now, he had no idea where his own was, or if he could ever get back to it. It didn't matter, though; escaping with only their lives was meaningless. Failing his mission was the same as dying - and to accomplish what he needed to do that he would require the power of the rubicons.

"Let's suit up," Riley finally said, pulling his eyes away from the destruction. "It doesn't matter where we go, as long as it's away from here and away from that."

Character - Unit

Zhen Hoshi - Azure Wing

Date
    Monday, April 16th

The blue beam of death would've hit if its mark, most certainly. There was no movement, no manoeuvres, no barrier -- nothing. It was simply an inert object in space, a coffin for the pilot trapped inside, if that pilot was even still alive... well, coffin is supposed to hold a deceased person after all. In that sense, the usage of 'coffin' here was literally correct.

But that coffin had its use.

Even if the Pilot inside was dead, a Rubicon was still a Rubicon -- a pool of mysterious technology and unknown power. Surely the EAU would not easily allow for one of them to be destroyed.

And thus, the Saphir Shot merely grazes the Alloro's remains instead of bringing destruction.

With this show done, Zhen immediately opens her communications channel, broadcasting to everyone on the battlefield, making sure that all of the EAU units would hear her. Before she could speak though, a communication coming from the damaged Rubicon that had attacked Altoris earlier came through:

Quote Originally Posted by Yamada Taro
    “Attention unidentified forces this is your final chance to surrender, failure to comply will be met with termination, I repeat, depower your mobile suits and surrender.”

Zhen scoffed.

I think not.

"This is pilot White Shadow. As you can see, your Rubicon is within my weapon's range... and that was not a miss, simply a warning shot of what will happen if you do not cease fire and stop your approach on us : I will blow its remains to smithereens.

The decision is yours, EAU.

Oh, and if that pilot in there can hear me, let's say that if I see the smallest bit of activity from the unit's engines, well... unpleasant things will happen.

White Shadow out."

It was a gamble, for sure... but it's not like they had many options left. Even if she could contribute a final combined canister shot, once Zhen did that, the Azure Wing would be out of energy -- being out of energy meant being nothing more than a useless floating target, and that meant that there wouldn't be any mobile suit left to defend the Marchosias. All this taken into account, even a mere retreat would be quite the ambitious intention... or should one say, 'unrealistic'?

She herself did not matter, at any rate... yes, more important than anything, was ensuring that the Marchosias and Alto were safe. The decisions she took were all to ensure that this goal was within the closest reach. She had to buy as much time as possible.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; May 19th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.