Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152023242526 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Rubicon - IC

Conrad Eagle
    Location - Desponia, Hangar 3
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:31 AM

".... I have a plan." Shoving his rifle into Chen's hands and ignoring the pleas and moans of protests Conrad straightens his uniform. "I am coming out now. Please do not shoot," the young captain states loud and clear. Before any one of his crew can grab hold of him Conrad puts his hands in the air and walks around the corner.

It would be easy to just blast these two into oblivion with the sheer numbers they had but it would just cost them more precious time that they could ill afford. Both groups.

"You do not look like EAU personnel nor does it look like you are trained in first aid," Conrad says, his ice cold stare boring into the two civilians. "The more we spend in this Mexican standoff, the less time it will take for us to become space debris."

Conrad takes a step forward. "Therefore I have a proposition. I have a trained doctor with me and a ship docked two hangars away and a willingness to ferry you two to safety. If these factors are not to your liking then you can attempt to kill me and try to fight your way through my crew around the corner and to some wayward escape pod that has no doubt been jettisoned already while your lady friend bleeds out without further care." Conrad talked in harsh and bold strokes to the two stranded civilians, his frigid gaze not moving an inch from the couple.

"So... what is your choice?"

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Katyusha Volkovnika
    Location - Ark Royal, Hangar
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:33 AM

"The Crimson Supernova..."

The name Cinque Reval had no personal meaning to Katyusha. She merely recognized it as any soldier would. Tales of aces and their exploits were common fodder for conversations among the lower ranks, and few were as feared, hated, and respected as the man who'd taken on a Rubicon and lived to tell the tale. The fact that he'd be among the enemy...

...was no problem at all.

"There is only one Rubicon that can outrun your Stasis," she said. "And its pilot is busy getting chewed out by a nurse."

The other pilot that had spoken up earlier - the girl who'd been experimented on - seemed shaken, but stood tall despite that. So she'd been a traitor from the Alliance, eh? Katyusha didn't mind; people had reasons for their choices. If anything, she wanted to give the girl a hug. The look on Sylvia's face was too familiar.

Instead, Kat gave Sylvia a sad smile. "There are no such things as monsters. Ace pilots, modified soldiers, demons of the battlefield... they're only humans, no matter what is done to them and what they do."

She turned away. "Clarissa, I volunteer to oversee the Valkyrie squadron if the plan to occupy the cloning Rubicon is implemented. The Helianthus is well-suited to covering fire and providing battlefield support. Furthermore, if the enemy numbers are thinned, I suggest we combine the Coinvolto's movement with the Salix's specialty to strike at the enemy battleship directly. Most Rubicons can't operate continuously without a recharge point, after all. If the White Dagger is taken out of commission, escape will become impossible for them, and the battle would be as good as won."

If Cinque Reval could stand up to a Rubicon, then so could a squad of the EAU's best. Especially with her eyes watching over them.
    Last edited by Bloble; July 9th, 2017 at 12:58 AM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Captain Jin Yeong Song

A flash of very visible anger crossed Jin’s face when she heard Sylvia’s words. That was some important information that could’ve proven itself vital, or at the very least useful. If the Alliance had the capacity and the will to make their Rubicon pilots some sort of superpowered monsters, this was something she needed to know.

The anger was gone as quickly as it had appeared as Jin pushed the matter aside. There was something very suspicious about the Alliance and the way this whole mess had started. The whole thing with Nova Calendus was starting to seem just strange now, but it was not something she could do anything about.

Either way, she had her duty to execute. Jin rubbed her temples and refocused into the immediate picture.

“I think your plan regarding the Valkyries is a good one. If we play our cards right, we might be able to suppress or disable one of their Rubicons as well.” Jin nodded at the princess, giving her approval to the plan. She was somewhat annoyed the Russian girl had asked Clarissa instead of her, given that she was in charge of the battle, but she let it pass. The princess knew Kat’s capacities much better than she did anyway, so the decision was up to her.

“Right… Takeshi, Yamada, your Rubicons’ core activations might be our trump cards this time around, so try to keep enough energy to activate them when needed. I’ll give the order when the situations I’m thinking about arise, so don’t worry much about that.” She gave a few more orders, and then turned towards the rest of the group.

“Some final considerations: we know that they can only come out of the station from the hangar where the ship was docked at, so we have a good chance to not only set up the battlefield, but also fire at them as they come out. I’ll already have the Ark’s guns pointed there, but to take maximum advantage of these conditions, you guys will launch as soon as you can.” With this, she finished her orders.

Right, those two had been talking about… “Cinque Reval? One of the Alliance’s top three aces, right?” Jin’s eyes closed for a moment as she ran through her memory’s archives. She also recalled an ace custom that had been present in previous battlefields. “Right, there was an ace custom in the White Dagger last time, I think it got damaged quite badly last battle, so I doubt it has been fully repaired by now… unless our engineers really felt like giving more help to the enemy, I guess.”

When she recalled they had basically repaired the enemy’s ship for free, she truly didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn

“Excessive caution can kill just as easily as mindless overconfidence.” Her eyes crossed over to the rest of the pilots present. “Everyone. I will be blunt. If you do not believe in the success of this mission, you are better off staying on the ship. I do not blame you, but neither will I take men into battle who cower before their opponents.”
    He had to resist the urge to scoff at the prospect. Up until now, Reid been quietly listening, well aware of the fact that the peers they were discussing with had much more experience in dealing with the Alliance forces they would soon to encounter. And certainly, (although he found it difficult to believe that the Alliance had copied the Rubicons so perfectly) the picture they had been painting of the upcoming encounter was not the brightest.

But to run away from the battlefield in fear from that was just disgraceful. A coward of that caliber had no right to be piloting, much less fighting as a member of the EAU.

“Please don’t make jokes like that, Major.” He said. “As if anyone could have gotten this far with so little spine. It should be obvious that we’ll all fight, right?”

“It’s not like they’re the only ones with Rubicons, and regardless of the fame of their forces, the EAU has already beaten them down once. We only need to do it again.”

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location - Desponia, Hallway
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:38 AM
    "Alexander Mauser is the head of a pharmaceutical company, and a sixth of Persephone's Merchant Council. Of course, he also bears a certain resemblance to this lady's bodyguard. Blonde hair, that jawline; the eyes are a little bit off, but all he's really missing is a stick up his ass to be the spitting image of a younger Alexander.

"...though, I doubt that that resemblance would be reassuring for Lady Schwartzwald at this moment."

“Now now, that is just pure slander! I am far more handsome than that old codger ever was!”

The blonde’s vocal disapproval echoed throughout the disintegrating hallway, although his rifle never moved even an inch from the crew of the New York. It would seem that while the lighthearted man had no issues quipping with the Alliance officers, he would not hesitate to gun them down immediately it came down to it.

“Not that I would know, really, but it comes to reason that someone so buttu..”

“Enough!”

Elle Schwartzwald’s eyes had narrowed considerably in response to Riley’s words and the glint of suspicion was clearly visible in her dark orbs.

“Boy…. Are you another one of Mauser’s pets? You are a bit too old, but...”

"Therefore I have a proposition. I have a trained doctor with me and a ship docked two hangars away and a willingness to ferry you two to safety. If these factors are not to your liking then you can attempt to kill me and try to fight your way through my crew around the corner and to some wayward escape pod that has no doubt been jettisoned already while your lady friend bleeds out without further care."

“That’s super nice and all, but it’s not really my decision, Mr. High-flying All…”

“We accept.”

With her eyes never wavering from Riley’s figure, the wounded CEO immediately accepted Conrad’s proposition. It's not like it was a particularly complex decision, all things considered. The station was blowing up and it was unlikely that it would suddenly get any better. Fighting would most likely end up getting all of them killed and even if by some miracle they managed to win, the two of them would still need to find a way off this station.

The chances of that were very... improbable. And Elle Schwartzwald was not leading the worlds largest industrial mega-corporation because she was a woman who took insane chances.

“Lower your gun, Theo.”

For his part, the blonde mercenary immediately dropped his aim, allowing the Alliance officers to move further up the hallway. A theatric spread of hands was accompanied by a casual grin that played on the blonde’s lips, but form was still somewhat tense, clearly ready to resume his earlier stance at any moment.

Theo gave a mocking salute to the incoming Alliance soldiers.

“Theo Cassion, at your service. And this is, as that white-haired gentleman indicated earlier…” His blonde head flicked towards the suited woman he was still propping up with one of his hands. “... is Elle Schwartzwald, CEO of Bayerische Motoren Werke and one of the members of the aforementioned Merchant Council of Persephone.”

The woman merely gave a simple nod.

“Right. We have lowered our weapons and will subject ourselves to your authority, for the time being, Captain.”

“Now, shall we head towards that ship you mentioned?”

The station shook violently once more.

“I would rather not die in this coffin that Mauser prepared for me, if at all possible.”

Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:35 AM

"I'm fine, I'm fine, it was just a little zap, nothing major. Damn thing didn't even knock me out."

“Is that so? You are rather lucky that I have to support this half-dead lug, or otherwise I would drag you to the med-bay right now, Takeshi.”

Anja’s eyes were uncannily sharp. Really, the older woman had an exceptionally good nose for sniffing out lies. In fact, if she had a higher resilience for violence, you could easily see her being a rather exceptional interrogator. In any case, putting the thought aside for a second, her skill in ferreting out falsehoods, coupled with her inherent penchant for mothering really made her a hassle to deal with at times.

“Either way, you will report to the med-bay after this fight for a thorough checkup, understood?”

“And no ferreting out of it, as usual, you miss this one and I’ll revoke your launch clearance.”

“Right, there was an ace custom in the White Dagger last time, I think it got damaged quite badly last battle, so I doubt it has been fully repaired by now… unless our engineers really felt like giving more help to the enemy, I guess.”
    Clarissa’s eyes clouded over for a second.

“That might not be too far from the truth. We came from the hangar from where the White Dagger was stored. I must admit I wasn’t thinking about it at the time, but it looked in a far better shape than the reports passed on to me by Commander Cato indicated.”

“Though… I’m not sure you are putting the blame on the right source. You didn’t staff any EAU engineers on the ship before the arrival of the Vice-Captain and Ensign Wakahisa, right?”

“But access should have been restricted… did someone trigger automated maintenance?”

The blonde princess fell into deep thought once more.

"Clarissa, I volunteer to oversee the Valkyrie squadron if the plan to occupy the cloning Rubicon is implemented. The Helianthus is well-suited to covering fire and providing battlefield support. Furthermore, if the enemy numbers are thinned, I suggest we combine the Coinvolto's movement with the Salix's specialty to strike at the enemy battleship directly. Most Rubicons can't operate continuously without a recharge point, after all. If the White Dagger is taken out of commission, escape will become impossible for them, and the battle would be as good as won."
    “Approved.”

Clarissa’s response was brusque and clipped, her mind still occupied by her earlier quandry.

“Provided that Captain Song has no objections on her part.”

“Although I must admit, I doubt that the engagement will truly last long enough for both sides to need to recharge their Rubicons. If this was a larger scale engagement, then you would most likely be correct, but as things are…”

“It will be quick and brutal, Katyusha. The suits themselves will most likely be wrecked far before they ever need to be recharged. Especially if core activations come into play.”

“It’s not like they’re the only ones with Rubicons, and regardless of the fame of their forces, the EAU has already beaten them down once. We only need to do it again.”
    “Good words, Reid. Indeed the EAU has defeated them before. This ship has beaten them before. We will simply need to do so again and we have every tool to do so.”

“Besides…”

A small smirk appeared on Clarissa’s face.

“I have no intention to be outperformed by Cato and that stick in his arse.”
    Last edited by Mellon; July 16th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Takeshi Wakahisa

Quote Originally Posted by Anja
    “Is that so? You are rather lucky that I have to support this half-dead lug, or otherwise I would drag you to the med-bay right now, Takeshi.”
    "Huh, guess his tendency for getting roughed up is good for something after all," Takeshi muttered with a chuckle, clearly appreciating the good fortune that had come his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anja
    “Either way, you will report to the med-bay after this fight for a thorough checkup, understood? And no ferreting out of it, as usual, you miss this one and I’ll revoke your launch clearance.”
    "Tch," Takeshi clicked his tongue in displeasure, however rather than arguing with her about it he simply sighed and raised his hands in defeat. He knew that at this point trying to skip out on the (wholly unnecessary) checkup would do nothing more than prolong the inevitable. "Alright, alright, I hear you. Once I'm back first thing I'll do is rush on over to the med-bay, if it makes you happy."

Takeshi gave a momentary glance towards the meeting that was going on, but didn't bother participating in the ongoing discussion. The enemy's ship had been repaired by some sort of automatic system? Well he may have had an idea as to how that probably happened, but it wasn't like he'd bring it up. All that mattered now was the upcoming battle. As for the plan...well he didn't really pay much attention to that part, but surely as long he kept doing what he'd been doing it'd all work out in the end like it always has, right?

Blog Entries
    Sylvia Hanaika

“It was never my intention to back out, Major,” I say, reaffirming my stance. No matter what kind of warped beings they have on the side of the Alliance, it is my duty to end them. I made this choice a long time ago, and yet… And yet, it’s still as if I’m always at the mercy of others. “And no, Kang, I don’t need you to be my co-pilot. I can handle the Excalibur myself, and you’re better off doing the things you’re quite good at.”

Are you fine with this woman usurping what you had?

I understand your dislike of Captain Jin Yeong Song and her decision making, but if we cause a commotion now everything you want will be ended, just like that. And, of course, there are still people who trust my word over that of a stranger’s.

You sound so confident for someone in a precarious position.

People only truly live on the edge.

"There are no such things as monsters. Ace pilots, modified soldiers, demons of the battlefield... they're only humans, no matter what is done to them and what they do."
    “Humans have the ability to choose,” I mutter, wishing I hadn’t let that outburst slip. It’s the stress and this asinine voice and everything else that’s just happened.

If you are unfit to pilot, I can certainly take a turn. The voice laughs mockingly, and I can feel that loss of control wash over my body, disappearing in a second. I won’t… I can’t give this up.

Give me a chance.

That depends on your performance, my dear.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Katyusha Volkovnika

Strategizing was nearly over.

No one had said so, but Clarissa was already beginning to joke around. From Katyusha's experience, that meant the plan was already 90% finalized. All that remained now was for the mutual pep talks and bravado that made up every soldier's pre-battle ritual. Something to look forward to. A future and present where smiles and happiness could exist, with bloodshed in between.

She saluted, first to Clarissa then to Jin, nodded, and stepped aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia
    “Humans have the ability to choose.”
    "That they do."

Katyusha had commented earlier, but upon second look at Slyvia...

Oh no. The girl was terribly young, wasn't she?

"Because of that, Pilot Hanaika..."

Katyusha stepped forward, smiled brightly, and took one of Sylvia's hands.

"I greatly respect you!"

Coming from someone as stoic as Katyusha, it might've come as a shock. But in truth, she'd made up her mind. There was no way she could leave Sylvia alone, not with the clear look of self-doubt on the girl's face.

Katyusha spoke with unadulterated admiration. "You were the pilot of that wrecked Rubicon, weren't you? The battle log says it all: you threw yourself into danger in order to save the life of a comrade, risking your life in the process. That's a choice to be applauded - only someone that cares for others could've done that. And the choice you made before, to choose what was right even if it meant tossing away your pride and old life - that's a choice to be proud of. I'm glad to have you watching my back in the upcoming battle. I'm sure everyone else is, too. If we both make it out of this alive, Sylvia, let me buy you a drink."

Riley Guarstein
    Desponia Hallway

"Mauser always was quite the opportunist," Riley said with a bitter laugh, even as he started heading further down the hall. "He couldn't have anticipated this attack on the station would have happened - nor that the damage would be to such a great extent. But it serves his purpose just as well.

"If you die, the surviving council members can use divy up your power amongst themselves. Even if there's someone already prepared to take your place among your subordinates and the council cannot take direct control, whoever replaces you would not be as strong willed or experienced as you are.

"Meanwhile, the incident can be used against whoever instigated the attack as well as the forces that failed to defend against it. It creates a legitimate cause to war against one side, while extorting benefits from the other."

Riley sighed, shaking his head. "Really, even taking you onto our ship isn't the greatest plan. The moment we take off, we'll immediately be caught up in the battle. And - after that... well, even if we momentarily escape the battlefield, there isn't exactly a safe haven for us to retreat to.

"Unless, of course, you know of a route."

Blog Entries
    Takuto Satoyama
    Location -
    Desponia, Hallway

I heard Riley mention something about the bodyguard's likeness to a certain famous pharmaceutical CEO, but I disregarded it. The only thing I cared about right now was that the blonde's quipping was getting us nowhere and more than likely cause us to waste even more time. The ensuing firefight would waste even more time. Thankfully he wasn't the only one there, because it seemed like he was itching for a fight. His boss called him off before he could injure us and we kill them in retaliation. It does help that we have a working ship for them to escape on.

Out of that conversation, I placed a few things for future reference. One was the Elle Schwartzwald's question about Riley being one of "Mauser's pets." A human pet can have several kind of connotations. Some of which are very threatening. Others more questioning. I'll consider looking into it later. The other was my growing distrust and distaste of politics. This Merchant Council of Persephone sounds distrustful and manipulative.

With this situation done and over with, I started heading towards the New York's location.

Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn

“Of course.”

Excessive paranoia only bred fear and cowardice, which only led to defeat. Losing battles that you could have won from a lack of confidence was most regrettable.

But having said his piece regarding their upcoming engagement, Reid didn’t really have any other comments to add regarding their current strategy of attack. Given his unfamiliarity with their opponents, he was more than fine with following their current strategy and focusing more on his piloting…

… but something one of his fellow pilots said bothered him.

Naturally, he wasn’t too fond of the idea of working with a turncoat, but according to the record, she had only recently risked her life to save one of her (now) comrades. There was no problem with her loyalties, then- if anything, he would agree with Katyusha that her actions were commendable.

It was the human experimentation. The gruesome sight at the lab was still fresh enough for him to easily recall.

“My apologies, Pilot Hanaika, if this brings up any unpleasant memories,” He began, aware that it might have been rude to ask. “But you mentioned that you were involved in human experiments during your time at the Alliance. As it happens, there was quite a gruesome hidden laboratory on human genetic modification at the station we were just at.”

“Might you be familiar with the name Mauser, or anything of the sort?”

Blog Entries
    Sylvia Hanaika
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:37 AM

"You were the pilot of that wrecked Rubicon, weren't you? The battle log says it all: you threw yourself into danger in order to save the life of a comrade, risking your life in the process. That's a choice to be applauded - only someone that cares for others could've done that.
    Someone who cares for others?

No, no, she has it all wrong. When I did that, when I threw the Alloro into the middle of all those damn pirates—I wanted to win. I wanted to win and win hard and win splendidly. Maybe saving Taro and the station was a part of the equation, but at the time, I just wanted to see my opponents reduced to dust.

There is nothing noble about that.

And the choice you made before, to choose what was right even if it meant tossing away your pride and old life - that's a choice to be proud of. I'm glad to have you watching my back in the upcoming battle. I'm sure everyone else is, too. If we both make it out of this alive, Sylvia, let me buy you a drink."
    Do what was right? Massacring a school full of students who knew nothing was just?

An emperor cannot have regrets, my dear, lest they become overwhelmed with burden. Stand tall, stand proud, and do not falter. I am all too willing to take your place if you are unfit to lead.

…I’ll move forward, as I always have. I’ve nowhere else to go.

Good.

“…Okay,” I say in response, the word lingering on my lips. I’ve never been much of a drinker, short and light-weight. Were it not for my… particular attributes, I doubt I’d have even been a pilot at all.

“My apologies, Pilot Hanaika, if this brings up any unpleasant memories,” He began, aware that it might have been rude to ask. “But you mentioned that you were involved in human experiments during your time at the Alliance. As it happens, there was quite a gruesome hidden laboratory on human genetic modification at the station we were just at.”

“Might you be familiar with the name Mauser, or anything of the sort?”
    The sheer thought makes me sick, but there is nothing I can do about it in its immediacy. Mauser… The businessman? I can’t say I know much more than that off the top of my head.

“I only know his name, that’s all. If he supplied any of the technologies for the Alliance, I couldn’t answer.” Voice steady. Answer calm. There is no need to get worked up over this topic, so keep yourself collected.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Zach Ayers
    Location -
    Desponia, Hallway

"Getting out of here is just the first of our many problems, yeah."

As they continued on, Zach could only add on to what Riley had already said. There were still battles to come, even after all they had gone through the true fight hadn't begun yet. The ship that had chased them and eventually caught them, the Ark Royal, was still out there and if it wasn't for the fact that this was a neutral space station they would have been space dust by now.

"I'd be surprised if their guns aren't already pointed at the hanger doors and I doubt they'll be happy about being fooled. Even with an escape route, this is going to be messy."

For some reason this felt different, maybe it was how this had become the norm for them or maybe it was situation but one thing was clear.

This would be a turning point for all of them

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zach Ayers
    Location - Hanger 5
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:40 AM

The hanger was deserted.

No, perhaps it would be better to be described as destroyed. It seemed as if a skirmish had broken out, at least all the collateral damage made it seem as such...but something was lacking for all the destruction in the hanger. There were no bodies, none at all. It was surprising to say the least but it didn't really matter in the end. In the distance, there was an old friend to greet the Alliance party: the New York. A sigh of relief escaped Zach as they headed closer, it didn't seem to be damaged...hell, it actually looked a lot better than when they last saw it.

That relief quickly dissipated as the sound of steel twisting became more audible, an ever-constant reminder of the urgency of their situation.

"Alright, lets get out of this death trap already."

And into another one but there was a difference between the two.

He had the power to turn things around out there.

"Huh?"

But still, even with the trouble...something caught his eye as he neared the New York with the rest of the group.

A crumbled black body in the distance, its features covered by its suit but obviously no longer alive. It seemed there had been at least one casualty in whatever battle took place here.

"I take it that's not one of yours."

Whether the body was important or not, he said those words to the CEO following behind. Maybe she could say if it was really one of Mauser's people, maybe not.

Either way, it would be good to be on the New York again.
    Last edited by Dranes; August 13th, 2017 at 08:08 PM.

Yamada Taro
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:37 AM

Ha ha awkward…

Looking around the room I grimace as I realize it, everyone has broken off into groups and begun conversations, well everyone but me. I guess this is the result of being too cautious like the princess said? Oh well not like the first time something like this has happened I remember when I first joined them, that was also something that took a while to get used to. I suppose it’s a bit of a shame I finally thought up something but the other new guy who seems about my age under the princess is also preoccupied now.

Oh well, oh well, no use crying over spilled drinks? Or whatever that saying was exactly…

Berating myself for the situation’s development I take a few deep breaths to calm my nerves, gods I am super nervous. Breathe, breathe and above all believe in yourself, the boss assigned me for a reason I just have to believe and walk forward without hesitation.

So with getting to know others a little unfeasible and I doubt I’d be much use for helping with those repairs I guess that leaves studying.

Picking a corner away from all the bustle I pile up all the information I’ve been given and begun to study. Identify strengths, identify weaknesses and figure out plans that utilized them, who knows maybe one of them will even help me in the battle.

The Mandragora is a Rubicon just like all the others if it is defeated then the fault can surely only lie with me, I can’t let that happen, my- no all our futures could hinge on the outcome I achieve with my actions. I apologize for my failings I apologize for my inexperience but I will do my best and I will help you achieve the world we all dream of boss.

Blog Entries
    Location - Desponia, Hallway

A brief silence filled the hallway.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Well, I suppose its not that relevant, considering our circumstances.” The raven-haired CEO let out a slight hiss of pain, as she, supported by the blonde mercenary, started making her way down the hallway along with the rest of the Alliance officers. “And the rest of the Council members divvying up my influence? Nonsense. Devenson, the mindless oaf that he was, is dead, shot into swiss cheese by those damn mechs.”

“Allstein was already teetering on the edge, considering their dependency on Victoria’s resources, but this will give those nationalist codgers on the board finally the excuse that they need to fully back down from their pretensions of neutrality.”

“This entire meeting was a charade that was meant to fail and give the EAU-based members of the Council an excuse to still keep their veneer of neutrality. Because unlike Sinopec, most of the Council isn’t simply a front for a government-owned monopoly. Most of our boards are filled with members from our… “home” nations, for a lack of a better word. And those investors have their own specific set of interests, understand?”

The suited woman let out a deep sigh, as she limped further down the hallway.

“Placating the damn patriotic idiots is half a job onto itself, considering the war.” Her eyes met Riley’s. “Do you understand, boy? The balance has already been broken. Divvying up my influence? We will be lucky if there even is anything resembling a Council back on Persephone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Allstein hasn’t already started their economic crusade against Sinopec and Merck, and by extension the Alliance.”

“As things are, I can’t even discount the possibility of an actual civil war on the colony itself, as ludicrous as that sounds.”

"Unless, of course, you know of a route."
    “Stop beating around the bush, boy.” The female CEO merely gave a tired wave of her hand. "If you get to Persephone, I can make you disappear from the Union’s radar. For a time at least. But such an offer is obviously conditional to my continued survival, understand?”

Location - Hangar 5
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:42 AM

"I take it that's not one of yours."

“Mine? No. Neither is he wearing any markings from one of the security corps from Persephone. Though considering what they were doing on this station, I doubt any of them would be dumb enough to wear identification.”

“No luck for this one either then?”

Another feminine voice echoed out from a distance, emanating from the steel boarding staircase leading to the New York which, clearly, had seen some better days. Whatever force had battered the hangar must have been considerable, as it had even managed to tear away the steel handlebars, leaving only the heavy-set steel frame. On top of the staircase, you could make out a flash of familiar blue hair and the seated figure of Junior Lieutenant Shirley Reigns. The woman was clearly exhausted, her normally pristine Alliance jumpsuit covered in grime and oil. Next to her was another black-clad corpse, albeit this one in far better shape than the one you had been gazing at mere moments earlier.

“You’re late. I was just about to crawl back inside so I could overload the ship's reactor and blow it all to kingdom come.”
    The Jr. Lieutenant rose up in a labored manner. “Give me just a second, I need to boot the old girl up again.”

Turning towards the door panel situated next to the boarding door of the New York, the tired maintenance officer made a couple of quick taps on the glowing entry panel. Almost as if on command, external lights started to pop on on the Alliance cruiser looming above you. Almost as if awakening from a deep slumber, the New York powered back up from it’s life support mode. Now, finally, you could once more see your great ship in its full red and white glory. Not only that, but the ship looked to be in a better shape than you remembered leaving it. Not in a completely combat optimal shape, of course, the damage that was dealt to the ship at Lionel’s Gap was far too heavy for that to be the case, but still far better than you expected.

Considering the hospitality you had just previously received, it was unlikely that the EAU was responsible for this sudden act of good faith.

And if it was not the EAU, than who?

Setting aside the ships new condition for a second, it was clear that the Jr. Lieutenant had probably escaped capture in a similar fashion to how Mashta and Cinque had earlier. Instead of those two, however, the azure-haired officer must have chosen to remain on the ship, rather than try to mount a rescue like the other two. As the Maintenance Officer, her knowledge of the New York was unparalleled, which is most likely how she managed to avoid being captured by the initial EAU screening of the ship. Judging by her appearance, it must have involved not an insignificant amount of crawling in the maintenance ducts. And if you had to hazard a guess, her main purpose was to both hamper any EAU attempts to gather classified info and to prepare the ship for your arrival.

And to blow it all up, should everything go pear-shaped.

The stations violent rumbling suddenly intensified.

“My apologies for speaking without the traditional formalities, Captain. Vice-Captain. The only thing I can think of that would be worse than being disintegrated on this station is the thought of that god-awful synth paste being the last meal of my life.”

“So can we get off this bloody station now?”

Stevie St. Angelo
    Location - New York, Hanger

I listened idly to whatever random chatter was going on now that the two idiots we'd picked up had decided to come along because of something I didn't give a rat's ass about.

Ship was intact and doing fine, prolly due to Reigns hanging around on-site.

Y'know, really, it's a bit silly who didn't get captured.

I mean, am I going to have to lift up a grate and the rest of the crew are just down there playing Monopoly?

'oh wow, finally, we were getting bored'.

Figures.

I went through the process of getting suited up and listening with half an ear to whatever people happened to be yammering on about at that particular moment, then meandered out into the hanger, eyeing up my chariot.

Might have been nothing, but I got the impression it was eyeing me up just as well.

I puffed a breath out through my nose, "Welp, let's get this over with, then go get space burgers."

I clambered into the Unyielding Destiny without further fanfare, shifting myself about into a good position, humming slightly to myself as I started the launch procedure.

"Last one out pays for drinks."

Blog Entries
    Takuto Satoyama
    Location - Hangar 5

Upon getting to the hangar, we spotted the TASF New York in a better condition than we expected. While the previous battle's damage wasn't all gone, there was some repair to it. I doubted it was the EAU's work, so either it was the neutral powers of this station or an Alliance member successfully hid.

I considered the odds of both until someone came in front of us. Said person was Junior Lieutenant Reigns dragging another of those black-suited corpses. So that explains the bodyguard and the CEO's initial response. With the New York powered up, I headed inside to drop off my prisoner and suit up. Odds are we'll be fighting a rejuvenated EAU Rubicon team upon leaving this station.

Location - TASF New York Hangar

Upon finishing suiting up, I was inspecting the status of my Rubicon. Everything was good. All weapons loaded. Energy refilled... No battle damage. That's where I became slightly suspicious, I remember last battle one of the clones were damaged. Repair the ship sure... You need that spaceworthy so it's easier to bring back. Repair our Rubicons to combat ready? Something feels off especially if someone patched up the New York which is probably beyond the capabilities of just Junior Lieutenant Reins's capability to fix in such a short time frame.

I'll ask someone to check into this odd state later.

"Takuto Satoyama. Exact Retribution launching."

Upon completion of launching, I prepared myself for EAU counterfire and my own shots.

Riley Guarstein
    Desponia, Hallway

Riley smiled when she pointed out he hadn't answered her question, but waved apologetically without actually speaking out about it. If there was a chance, then maybe he would talk about Mauser to her later, but right now wasn't a good time to bring up that complicated mess. Since he had never actually anticipated running into her, he hadn't thought about what he would need to do if they approached that subject.

His smile ended when she explained the situation further. It was already a lot more complicated than he had expected. One of the council members were already dead, and the internal fighting between the corporations could turn violent if she was to be believed. And, for the moment, he had no reason not to; he'd been far away for too long, and there were so many things that could have changed.

Still...

Disappearing from the Union's Radar... he doubted it would be a simple thing for her to do, even if she had the cooperation from the entire council. Simply getting to Persephone would be fine for now, and if they did reach it safely then maybe they could work out some other deal. Her return to the colony probably wasn't going to be a quiet one, and who knows - maybe she would like some help making some noise?

Riley whistled appreciatively at the state of the ship. To be honest, he had feared it had already been taken away, but apparently EAU hadn't been able to prepare the ship themselves for takeoff. Maybe the controls were locked after it was docked or something, or maybe the Jr. Lieutenant had done something else - he was just glad that it was here. If it wasn't, then there probably weren't any other ships they could have safely hijacked from the station.

"...ah."

Even their Rubicons were here, and ready to run. It was fortunate, but not entirely unreasonable; once they cracked past the ships operating locks or whatever this would have been the best place to run diagnostics on the rubicons and analyze them. Perhaps if the EAU had days or months, they would've been able to crack the system - and by then the New York's crew would likely have long been transferred to some other facility or taken care of in some other fashion. Thankfully, they had escaped before any of that could happen.

Suiting up, Riley quickly got into Victorious Vindication. However, he paused before launching, remaining on the catapult.

"Captain," Riley called out, pulling up the tactical map on his HUD. "Approximately how much time will it take to regroup our available forces to the New York?"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Zach Ayers
    Location - Hangar 5

"Good to see you alive Reigns."

It was doubtful that the rest of the New York's crew had hidden away like the maintenance officer, much more likely that they had been transported off-station by now in one of the EAU vessels that had already left the area. More surprising was the condition of the the battleship itself, the last they had seen it was more akin to scrap than a proud Alliance vessel and while not in pristine condition, it was in far better shape. It was strange to say the least, after all the EAU would more like dismantle the plan rather then put it back together.

But there would be time to figure those kinds of things out later, that was the only conclusion Zach could come up with.

"First gotta drop off these sleeping beauties to their rooms, and then well..."

After all, there was still the warm reception of lasers and missiles waiting for them outside.

"Lets not keep the guys outside waiting too long."

With those words, he ascended the staircase.

Zach Ayers

It was good to be back, that was the one thought that crossed Zach's mind as he entered the hanger in his pilot suit. Walking on familiar ground was a good feeling after all the trouble they had gone through to get here and what was to come next.

He had to pause for a moment as he was greeted by a familiar sight, the Eternal Judgment in all its destructive glory. For now it was like a slumbering beast, waiting to awaken again and take more lives.

No, he was the one making the decisions, the consequences were his to bear.

He glanced down to his open hand, no matter what happened in this battle, no matter the circumstances in the last battle...what had happened, happened. In a single moment, people who had nothing to do with the battle had been wiped out and he had played a part in their end.

That's why this time it had to be different.

There couldn't be regrets or hesitation.

These thoughts lingered in Zach's mind even as he ascended to the Eternal Judgment's cockpit. The enemy was waiting out there for them and even after that stint with the pirates, they would still be more than ready to fight them...if they wanted to run they already would have. This battle would be unlike any other, there would be nothing to hold either side back and both sides had no intention to back down.

He clenched his fist as the familiar screen once more appeared before him.

"This time it'll be different."

Color filled the Eternal Judgment as the core hummed to life, once more it would spread its wings and fly across the battlefield. The enemy, a familiar foe that had dogged them since their first flight. The objective, escape or total destruction of the enemy. It was simple putting it all into just that but that was all there was to this battle, to war. A final check was needed before finally resting on the launch catapult, the familiar feeling of the cockpit brought little comfort but at least now he had some ability to make a difference.

So there was no time to hesitate.

A final flash from the Rubicon's eyes signaled it was time.

"Zach Ayers. Eternal Judgment. Heading out!"

Blog Entries

The captain’s seat of the New York just as stiff as you remembered it being. Comfort had never been one of the strong points of Alliance engineers. Robustness? For sure. But making something actually enjoyable to use? Unfortunately, EAU seemed to have the monopoly on that. Well, that was discounting the Rubicons, of course. Alas, it's the super robot pilots that get all the comforts, while poor commanding officers were left to suffer on stiff, unpleasant Captain’s chairs.

Despite your internal grumbling, however, a sitting on this steel monstrosity brought forth an almost nostalgic wave of familiarity in Conrad. In many ways, it felt like coming home after a long trip. A situation where the small niggles, such as the loud squeaking of the stairs, started to be less an annoyance and more like endearing features of the house itself.

Standing behind him, Conrad’s red-haired vice-captain put her hand on the blonde captain’s shoulder and gave the stern blonde captain one of her trademark cheeky grins.

“Well then, I imagine we will have quite a reception waiting for us outside. Shall we give them a show, Conrad-jun?

“Launch procedures 89%, complete. All hands, prepare for imminent takeoff!”

Mastha’s calm voice echoed throughout the New York’s shipwide communications system.

It's ready to burst
    This chest is reaching out for you
    We belong to Earth
    The source of a
    faraway universe

“Launch procedures 89%, complete. All hands, prepare for imminent takeoff!”

Cinque’s solemn eyes rested on the crimson GUARDIAN as it hung, almost menacingly, on the many steel storage frames of the New York.

It never changed. Every time he glanced at the red mobile suit, the blonde Alliance “ace” was wracked with momentary guilt and self-loathing. Had it been truly worth it? That burning desire in his chest? For it, he had cast aside everything he had known. Broken people who he had once wholeheartedly called friend and comrade. Sins that could not be atoned for. Sins that he himself could never forgive, were they committed against himself.

And as usual, the blonde ruthlessly crushed all those doubts as they rose up in his chest. The truth of the matter was… there was no other option for him anymore, other than this road. After all, he had been one to burn all those bridges to begin with. For Cinque Reval, there was no redemption.

All that remained was to follow this hollow road of his to its logical conclusion.

“Lt. Commander…. Are you okay?”

Ivan’s hesitant voice woke the Alliance officer out of his impromptu reverie. Completely crushing any hesitation that might have remained in his heart, Cinque merely gave the young Ensign a small grin and grabbed his helmet, sliding it over his head in a smooth and practiced motion.

The lie that echoed from his lips was almost second nature to him by this point.

“I’m fine. Just thinking about the fight we are about to get involved in. It would do you well to think about it as well, Ensign.” The brief amusement in his voice was all too real. “That the people you are killing are humans, just as me, you, and your two friends over there.”

Cinque's glance quickly fell towards Ries and Eliza who were, once more, arguing about something a brief distance away.

“Keeps a man grounded, I feel.”

The blonde pilot let out a slight sigh.

Protect your friends, but make sure you don’t do something you regret later, Ivan.”

Judging from the hesitation present on Ivan’s face, Cinque’s reply didn’t quite sit well with him, but regardless, the younger pilot gave the Lt. Commander a quick salute before rushing back to prepare his GUARDIAN for launch. Good kid. He and the two girls both, albeit if a bit soft-hearted for war. Better than the alternative, however. Go too far up the other end of the scale and you get to people like the Lima sisters. Individuals so molded by war and conflict that they are unable to exist in any other kind of setting. Even if this thrice-damned war ever came to a conclusion, people like those two would never be able to accept it.

Cinque’s fingers gave a quick tap on the storage frame console, causing the Elohim to be released from its holding frame. Another quick tap, this time on his wrist mounted console, deactivated the Mobile Suit’s security systems and opened the cockpit door. Elohim's entry stirrup was lowered, and the shaded Alliance ace wasted no time in getting into his mobile suit. Not a moment too soon, either, as he soon felt the ship suddenly lurch forwards, towards the hangar exit.

“Another day, another fight. Let's just hope that this one won’t be my last.”

Toward the cobalt, there is a shining Earth
    That is where sadness begins
    All that we love is returning there

Elle felt the ship lurching forwards towards the hangar exit as she sat in one of the Cafeteria seats, the launch harness strapped to her chest. This… “New York” moved slowly at first, almost like a slumbering beast, but it wasn’t long until the culminating acceleration forced her body deeper into the launch seat. That type of slow acceleration buildup was a key characteristic of Alliance-made engine design, which preferred improved fuel economy over explosive acceleration and maneuverability.

There was no doubt then. This was really an Alliance vessel and not an EAU one.

Honestly, when she had seen the ship originally, the raven-haired CEO had been somewhat… skeptical of its origins. Despite being a CEO, Elle Schwartzwald had risen to her current position from the R&D division and she did work as an engineer for the largest producer of private spaceships in the solar system. Her initial suspicion was that the ship was an EAU prototype that the Alliance had managed to capture, but...

Setting aside the characteristic engine signature for a moment, while the design of the ship itself was most assuredly Alliance-derived, the internal features of the New York seemed to incorporate aspects that were typically assumed to be beyond Alliance’s capabilities. That did not mean that she was making light of Alliance ship design. Alliance engineers were exceptionally good at producing reliable mass-produced ships and suits. But frankly, the power coils that were used for charging the Rubicons should have been years beyond the Alliance’s current capabilities, who had never even funded theoretical research into the matter, never mind looking into practical applications of the technology. Well, if it was simply that then it might have been that the Alliance managed to steal it from the Union. ONI was rather efficient in espionage, after all. However…

There were too many of these types of discrepancies. If ONI was responsible for it, then it the level of infiltration required to steal all of this research should have made EAU’s technical edge irrelevant long ago. And… there were aspects of this ship that were very familiar to her. Not because it was EAU or Alliance-derived, but because they were developed by her company. The handle-based propulsion system used in the hallways during zero-g? A BMW-developed proprietary system which they had patented not even six months ago. They hadn’t even bothered to change the cosmetic aspects, just a complete replica. The Hanzel-class hadn’t even rolled off the production line yet and this ship already had it installed? No. There was something else going on here, either high-ranked Alliance sympathizers in BMW or some other kind of wide-scale information leak going on, perhaps inside the patent office. That was to say nothing of the Rubicons.

The research and development required to get those Mobile Suits working took the EAU nearly a decade. There was no way that the Alliance could replicate that in a mere few years. Hell, even they, with every card stacked for them could barely manag…

“Now, now, my dearest superior. Turn that dreary pout of yours upside down! A lovely lady such as yourself looks far more attractive with a beatific smile!”

Elle let out a loud sigh, her previous train of thought completely derailed.

It's not as if she could not appreciate what the blonde man was doing. No doubt he just saw her consternation and thought that it was due to nervousness over the launch or the inevitable fight that would soon follow. She just wished he could be less of a sleazy idiot while doing it. Really, if the man wasn’t so highly prized as a bodyguard, she would have never hired him in the first place. But the insufferable man had surely earned his pay today (which was considerable, of course) and it seems that, for once, the board’s paranoid insistence on constant protection had paid off.

Not that it made these constant quips and comments any more tolerable.

“Shut up, Theo."

The blonde simply gave an easy-going shrug in response.

Elle simply gave another sigh and returned his gaze towards one of the windows, where bent steel and twisting walls gave way to the wide expanse of space.

European-Asiatic Union

You can't slip away from the möbius ring
    So many mistakes are repeated
    More than peace, more than freedom, more than justice
    I want
    you, because you're everything

Suddenly, interrupting all conversation, alarms started blaring, filling the Ark Royal’s launch bay with its characteristic whine. The inter-ship comms suddenly activated and a feminine voice echoed throughout the launch hangar.

“Captain! We have a confirmed launch from Persephone. Single ship. Cruiser-class. Its engine signature matches the profile of the White Dagger!”

For a brief moment, the hangar was silent. Even though you had spent most of the past half-hour planning for this very eventuality, it was still a “worst-case possibility” of sorts. It was still possible that the outcome that you were envisioning did not come to pass. There was always the possibility that some peculiar mishap was involved, after all. Now, however, there were no doubts. A battle was imminent and soon, flashes of beam fire and explosion would light up this battlefield once more.

Clarissa was the first to react.

Pilots! Suit up and prepare for takeoff! Engineers! I want launch procedures completed and the suits ready for launch in forty seconds, no more!”

After a brief moment, the hangar burst back into hurried life. Engineers rushed frantically to their assigned Mobile Suits, quickly trying to finish up whatever maintenance they had left to carry out on the grounded mechs. Half of the Valkryie pilots, who still hadn’t put on their flight suits rushed towards the locker room, while Christopher and Michael, who were already suited up, moved towards their suits with somber steps. As he was leaving, the raven-haired commander gave the Swedish princess one final hesitant glance before turning away and moving towards the Grunwald. Clarissa for her part paid no mind to the Valkryie captain and instead turned towards Yin.

“Well then, Captain. I’ll leave the larger battle strategy up to you. Good hunting.”

Clarissa gave the other senior officer a quick salute and took the piloting helm she had just removed a couple of minutes ago. Placing the helm back on her head, the blonde major turned away from the remaining pilots and started to head back towards the Stasis with brisk steps. As the Stasis was the closest suit to the launch catapult due to its delayed arrival and because the engineers had little time to actually provide any maintenance to the suit (not that the crimson Rubicon actually needed it), it was the first of the Mobile Suits aboard the Ark Royal to be cleared for launch. True to her words, no less than thirty seconds after the initial alarm, Clarissa was already ready to launch.

The familiar command console of the Rubicon immediately lit up as she entered the slightly cramped cockpit of the Stasis. Keying in the necessary activation password, Clarissa brought the crimson mobile suit out of its maintenance mode and activated the launch preparation sequence.

With heavy steps that resounded throughout the hangar, the Stasis moved onto the launch catapult. With a resounding clank, the launch restraints locked to the back of the red mobile suit, finally completing the launch procedure.

The entire crew of the Marchosias stood deathly silent on the bridge, as the ship was slowly drifting along its course towards Persephone. No-one wanted to be the one to break the moment of solemn quiet. Not to mention… what would they say? Despite their flaws (and there were many), the Sirens had still been comrades to the crew of the Marchosias. Mercenary life being what it was, they might have not always been on the same side, but there had never been maliciousness between the two crews. Friends at the best of times and easygoing rivals at the worst of times.

And now they had been snuffed out of existence in a blink, almost as if they had never been there in the first place.

Feroda’s hands were shaking as he sat on the captain's chair. You couldn’t tell whether it was due to rage, grief, or fear. Perhaps it was all three. The old captain’s glassy eyes transfixed on the empty space that lay outside the bridge of the Marchosisas, unresponsive to the world around him. Altoris, however, was a far more easy individual to read. Perhaps it was due to his, at times, emotional nature or his lack of experience, but only waves of cold fury excluded from the long-haired pilot of the Noir Wing. No doubt he would soon propo…

“We should go back and…”

Feroda’s voice was like iron, brooking no opposition.

Absolutely not. It's suicide, Altoris. Nothing more”

You could sense the younger man flaring up, almost as if a pin on a grenade had been pulled out. Altoris opened his mouth, no doubt in order to give the older captain a piece of his mind, before catching himself and bottling up his rage. Instead, the young pilot immediately turned around and stormed out of the bridge, slamming his fist into the doorway on the way out. An impotent gesture of rage, but even Altoris understood that neither the captain nor the ship itself was to blame for the current situation. A moment later, the normally rather light-hearted pilot was gone, vanishing into the bowels of the Marchosias.

“Leave him. Altoris needs to work through his rage alone. Otherwise, he will simply lash out at whoever happens to be ar…”

A sudden beep ran throughout the bridge.

“Captain! We have an incoming vessel!”

Feroda’s eyes suddenly snapped away from empty space and to the communications officer.

“Course?”

It's approaching from behind, most likely from Persephone!”

“Is it the Ark Royal? Have the EAU decided to hunt us down anyway?”

“Negative. The engine signature is different from the EAU cruiser. It looks to be an… unarmed freighter? Hermes-class?”

Feroda’s eyes narrowed suspiciously.

“Evacuees from Persephone? Possible, but… I don’t like it. Something is amiss. This soon after the attack?”

His eyes quickly swung towards the raven-haired girl still in the room.

“Zhen.”

The implication of the older man’s words was crystal clear.

You
    can can change your future
    Beyond the darkness
    We can share the happiness
    That we've been looking for
    That day when I'll accept forgiveness

Battle Phase - Episode 5 - Start