Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternal Rubicon - IC

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Takeshi Wakahisa
    Time: 05:48
    Date: 13 April 29 SE

This change in plan caused Takeshi's grin to finally falter, after all a change from full assault to a stealth mission? With him being part of the infiltration team rather than the team performing the diversion? Certainly he had asked what kind of support the commander was offering, but now he was really regretting that suggestion, he preferred a straight up fight with his enemy rather than sneaking about like a coward.

Scratching the back of his head, he tried to focus on the brighter side of this change. The captain did say that this option was more dangerous, so that was a plus and if they did somehow end up being found out, successfully fighting their way out of the heavily fortified station would be a challenge worth adding to his achievements. Still the fact they would no doubt have to babysit the techie while they were there sounded like a pain, honestly with his skills he'd probably be able to do the job just fine without the hassle the techie would bring with him.

Nonetheless, it wasn't like he had much choice on the matter, she was his commanding officer after all and what she said tended to be final. Shrugging, he followed after the captain, no doubt she was going to elaborate on their part of the plan or something else along those lines.
    Last edited by Zagrin; March 18th, 2014 at 05:16 PM.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    William Read

There were many things that William thought about the Captain's "Plan B" as he stood up to follow her into her office, but they could all be summed up with a simple phrase.

I have a bad feeling about this.

When compared to the previous plan it was needlessly complicated, had several unknown variables, and worse of all relied on the incompetence of the Academy's staff not to notice the arrival of an unscheduled freighter. Adding in the simultaneous attack on the Academy to serve as a distraction for our infiltration, and we weren't so much tempting Murphy as outright trying to seduce him.

The composition of the rest of his squadron did nothing to sooth his nerves either; Hanaika was insubordinate to the point of court martial, Wakahisa seemed more interested in finding a way to continue the war than end it, Reigns went so far as to claim to not be a soldier, and Conners just wanted to destroy the Academy without even trying to retrieve the data or prototypes. It was by this point that William was seriously starting to doubt the sobriety of whoever assigned these people to a Rubicon squadron, because someone unwilling to be shot at or follow orders really shouldn't be a soldier.

But maybe William just got a terrible first impression, and these people weren't a bad as they seemed. He guessed only time would tell, but putting his reservations aside he walked into the Captain's Office and awaited his further orders for this "Plan B".

...Actually, now that he thought about it where exactly was the Commodore’s contacts going to get a captured Alliance freighter and uniforms. Wouldn't the Alliance notice a ship registered as captured or missing mysteriously reappearing at a heavily guarded R&D station, and even if they didn't why would they let an unscheduled ship dock in their hangar instead of sending over a shuttle to inspect the ship?

As these thoughts went through his head William decided that his previous assessment of "Plan B" was wrong.

I have a really bad feeling about this, and I'm probably going to die. Fantastic.

Commander Kang Taehwan (Vice Captain and H. Mechanic)
    Time: 05:49

Reading the expressions of his two subordinates, Kang adjusted his glasses. It seemed the others weren't too glad about the new plan - considering everything, it would be a risky mission. However, the Alliance and EAU had not had a proper 'engagement' for quite a while, which would be an asset to this infiltration mission. The main hurdle was to get in - as long as that was taken care of, the rest of the mission wouldn't be too difficult.

"Cheer up, you two. Think of it as a simple get-in and get-out mission. We've got plenty of assets to utilize for this job after all, so just focus on getting through this hurdle."

Patting the two on their shoulders, Kang followed the two soldiers to the captain's office.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Corporal Melvin Connors
    Time: 05:46

All of Conners hopes that the new CO would be somewhat clever with her 'Plan B' were dashed as soon as the words "Alliance Freighter" came into the picture. This whole plan hinged on them not questioning the unscheduled arrival of a likely empty freighter, letting the crew into the station proper, not checking identification, and then the team somehow getting into a likely highly secured area. Of course, an attack would be one hell of a distraction but Mel didn't exactly fancy going head to head with what were likely the best and brightest pilots the Alliance could field, now bored out of their skulls training kids and probably just itching to blow a massive hole in just about anything. Oh, and now he was in a squad under a possible sociopath. Excellent.

"...I think our captain needs to get laid. Badly." Connors didn't leave the briefing room, not yet. It was time to learn a little more about who he was with. "So, planning time then sweetheart?" he asked Sylvia, putting his legs up on the desk and leaned back. "Or are we going to play this distraction by ear?"

Freira Lima
    Date - 13th of April, Friday, 29 SE
    Location - Simulation Room

Because the top of the canyon wasn't exactly flat, Freira had taken advantage of some of the terrain irregularities to hide so she wouldn't be immediately spotted should Riley choose to come after her. Her chosen spot was close to the edge, so she could have a good visual on the road below. Granted, No nooks or crannie would do much to hide her position from the opponent's tracking devise, but Lima had no idea Guarstein had equipped his Mobile Suit with such a thing. While the convoy made its way towards the canon, the Brazilian pilot focused on getting the calculations done. Sadly it was a slow process and she did not possess the necessary knowledge to speed it up. Freira missed the days where robot soldiers and space battles did not exist, days where men would rely on their own skills alone to fight and not have giant pieces of scrap do their work. It was not like she hated Mobile Suits, they were necessary in this time and age, but delays like these always got to annoy her.

"C'mon... Hmm-?"

Alerted by the landing sound of Guarstein Mobile Suit, Freira took her eye of the scope of her Kinetic Rifle and aimed elsewhere, only to find that her opponent had indeed climbed the canyon ahead of time. The distance factor coupled with her current position made it impossible for her to fire a clear shot without exposing herself and revealing her position, and the fact that the convoy had not yet arrived made it hard for Lima to exploit Riley's careless action. Now, normally, the woman would have gladly jumped out of cover to have a 1v1 fight with the boy, but this time her intuition warned her it probably wasn't the best course of action. After years of working as a ruthless mercenary, Lima had developed a sixth sense for feeling when things were about to go the wrong way, when shit was about to hit the fan. This was one of those times.

So, without thinking about it twice, Freira Lima had her Mobile Suit jump off the Canyon, its back pointing towards the ground. Aware that such action would catch Riley's attention regardless of him having found her or not, Freira made an extra effort to align his Mobile Suit during the fall to be able to aim towards the edge where the boy pilot was standing and fired two rockets to that position. Rather than taking him down with that attack, her intention was to prevent Guarstein from shooting at her during the fall.

"Tch..."

Struggling with conditions her Mobile Suit had yet to adapt to, the Brazilian pilot gritted her teeth as she quickly lost altitude. Her hand moved to activate the thrusters that would help her stop her descent...
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Sylvia Hanaika

The plan was stealthier. Less direct. But she was still on the front line, and now she was in charge. It was almost disappointing, really. She would have loved to tear apart the Nova Calendus from the inside. But, the Captain had dealt her the cards, so she would have accept them. Life was about making the best of what you were given. With a sigh, Sylvia glanced at Reigns and Connors, wondering how she would command their respect when she was just a "little girl".

"That girl is going is going to make me look my age," she muttered under her breath.

"Let's get this straight. I'm in charge, and while I'm not the strictest person, I would like some respect. Our captain seems to think addressing her subordinates as idiots makes her more important, that it keeps us in check. if she wants to play the whole 'unity via a common enemy', then she's doing just fine. I don't play that way. I treat you with respect, you treat me with respect. Fair enough?"

"...I think our captain needs to get laid. Badly." Connors didn't leave the briefing room, not yet. It was time to learn a little more about who he was with. "So, planning time then sweetheart?" he asked Sylvia, putting his legs up on the desk and leaned back. "Or are we going to play this distraction by ear?"

Sweetheart? She was far from it. That, and she couldn't remember a time when a boy had approached her without it being something military related.

"Probably by ear. No plan survives contact with the enemy, and our captain gave us a good rough outline of what to do. She might even be nicer if we just do as she says." Honestly, she didn't like her captain, but appeasing her was probably the only way to get anything done. Why they let such a foul tempered person be their commander was unknown to her. She popped a new lollipop into her mouth (strawberry), and turned to look at Connors.

"Anyway, no nicknames. They already call me a traitor and a loli around here, no need to degrade my pathetic reputation as is."
    Last edited by Katie; March 17th, 2014 at 05:09 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Zach Ayers (Dranes), Stevie St. Angelo (Morm), Takuto Satoyama (Kurogane)
    Class 7

"Hey Mashta, want to group up?"
    A nod and a small smile was your response.

“Sure. Sister probably won’t show up to this class anyway if she is with Lt. Commander. Not that she would show in any case. Professor Hawthorne is relatively easy going on people who skip class, which means that Freira usually takes full advantage of this.”

The two of you settled into listening to the lecture, which was punctuated by short, usually a couple minutes or so, practical demonstrations which mainly involved applying pressure to wounds, proper bandaging and usage of military medical supplies to improve the patients condition during circulatory. Hawthorne’s soothing voice echoed over the class, as everyone was attempting to properly apply a triangular bandage.

“Now, when you are tying of the bandage, you want to make sure to check for blood flow in the fingers as too harsh a binding will cut of blood flow. Just pinch…”

As you were trying to figure out how to properly do just that, Mashta decided to ask you a question.

“Hey, Zach? Why did you join the Alliance military? Did you volunteer for the service?”

“I ended up coming because…” The younger girl hesitated for a second before giving a big smile and continuing.”Well, I couldn’t leave sister here on her own. She wouldn't be able to do anything by herself and who knows what would happen, right? Besides, my brother needs...” Mashta gave a slight shake of her head, as if dismissing the words already formed in her head. “Nevermind. In any case, I was wondering what you were doing in the military. With your grades, you should be able to easily work in the colonies or on Earth, right?”

“So why are you here?”

Riley Guarstein
    Nova Calendus - Simulation Room

"...well."

That was a sight he hadn't expected to see; Freira leaving cover to run into the canyon. Then again, he could see the logic behind it; given the size of their machines, the cover wouldn't be that big of an advantage in a firefight. Rather than risk a shootout, she had probably opted to get a better angle on the convoy now that he was away from it. Still...

"Are you sure you want to fall for me, Frey?"

There was no time to fire on her directly; not with rockets flying his way. However, there was a reason why he had chosen the kinetic rifle over the beam rifle; while the beam rifle could pierce through the rockets, it would have passed harmlessly over Freira as it felled. Instead, he took aim with his rifle and fired off a couple bursts of bullets. The first was to take out the the pair of rockets - hitting them while they were still halfway between their two Guardians. The second swept downward, into the canyon that Freira was escaping into.

The second volley wouldn't come close to hitting Freira; he didn't have time to follow up with a decisive shot against her. Instead, he aimed to take away her sight - kicking up dust storm off the canyon floor to obscure her vision.

Stevie St. Angelo
    Date: 13th of April, Friday, 29 SE
    Class 7

Mashta seemed to appreciate the platitudes, responding with: “Thanks, you three. I...I don’t think she punched the Commander... at least I hope she didn't. I just saw the Commander telling sister to show up at the Simulation Room. I didn’t even know that Guarstein was told to come there as well.”

'Simulation, hm? Sounds less like punishment and more like training, if ya ask me, 'specially with Guarstein along for the ride.'

“I knew I should have asked her if she did her Tactics essay, I had more then enough time yesterday to write another one…”

The plot thickens, maybe some sort of make-up work, or possibly something else. Either way, they're probably not getting shot, which is probably a good thing.

Or they could be terror operatives who've snuck aboard and even now are planning to sneak into the hanger, steal some undoubtedly secret special prototypes and then rig the station to blow, killing quite a few noncombatants.

But who'd do that?

The class door opened and in stepped the medical teacher, Hawthorne.

He seemed like a pretty stand-up guy, supposedly some kind of run-away prince or some other romantic notion cobbled together by admirers, Stevie personally didn't really care. All he knew is that Medicine is a pretty important thing on the battlefield, especialy when you're trying to deal with burns over 60% of your body after leading an assault on an enemy encampment.

Although it was pretty funny the way they freaked out when a burning man jumped out of the bush at them screaming incoherently.

But enough reminiscing, Hawthorne was addressing the crowd, “Morning, everyone. While I do enjoy the youthful and joyful voices, I would appreciate it if you quieted down a bit. I don’t mind if you guys speak to each other, but do try to keep it quiet for those who want to study. Would you guys pair up, as you do usually, and we can go over scenarios involving responses serious blood loss and resulting shock. The relevant pages on your Alliance Medical Manual is 98-106, but I will be going over most of that as it is, so reading it is only compulsory if you don’t want to listen to me droning on about it.”

Blood loss, eh? He had a few stories about that, maybe he could inform a victim partner of a few anecdotes.

"Hey, Mashta, want to group up?"

Stevie could almost smell Takuto's disappointment as Zach interrupted his good opportunity, he enjoyed the brief moment of schadenfreude, then raised his eyebrows interestedly as the unfortunate soul turned to him.

"Hey Stevie. Do you have a partner yet? If you don't have one just yet, you want to be partners for this class?"

"Cho, always gotta be second-string, no one appreciates my many years of knowledge an wisdom.." Stevie adopted a long-suffering pose, slumping over in his seat with the indignity, then straightened up, grinning crookedly.

"Sure thing, say, ya want to know what happened to a buddy of mine once?"

Stevie waggled his eyebrows as the lecture began, dispensing his knowledge to the younger student, "Ya see, my youth, one time a buddy, he goes up to a nice sista, and say 'Ay gurl, how bout I and I get down to some real business, seen?'."

Stevie handled a practical example of bandaging easily, used to such things after a long romance with close-quarters combat, then looked around conspiratorially, and said, chuckling, "Let's just say he got a real in-depth lecture on blood loss, seen?"

Blog Entries
    Kai Reigns

"So it's do what I say or get the hell out, huh? This whole thing just keeps getting better and better."

All things considered, the company I'm keeping is nothing short of dysfunctional. Even if you wanna go off and play the blissfully ignorant act by turning a blind eye, you can tell this much because we've all just about come out and said it. Why in the world the military would group up some of the most uncooperative people, stick 'em with a captain two fries short of a tantrum, and expect them to get along... It's beyond me. But hey, I've never really liked the military to begin with. So if it wants to save me the trouble and implode upon itself, that'd be just fine with me.

"Dogs of the military. All of us. Nothing more, nothing less," Leaning back further in my seat, I take a deep breath and try to chill, "God forbid you have an opinion around here. You just gotta know who's your master and how high you need to jump. ...Man, I don't envy the guy who does this for a livin'. That's for sure."

At the end of the day though, I guess I can count myself a little lucky. After all, given our new 'wonderful' plan, I'll be under this Sylvia chick's command. Granted, yeah, she looks like a kid, that sweet little face of hers can't fool me. I know a woman when I see one. And unlike our genius commander, she's actually pretty cute. Being reasonable is a bonus.

"Shame they keep sticking me reckless endangerment though," Not caring anymore, I shrug off the whole plan, "I mean, I may not look it, but tactical insertion is actually kinda my forte. Buuuuut I guess you can't have it all. ...At least I'll get to blow something up."

Nothing left to do here but bitch and moan about how bad we've got it, I just get up from my seat and begin to head out.

"Anyway, since we've all been dismissed, I think I'ma go chill in my room until my chain is yanked," But before I leave, I shoot my team leader a quick look, "Unless you've got something you wanna say, Miss Sylvia."
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Zach Ayers
    Location - Class 7

“Sure. Sister probably won’t show up to this class anyway if she is with Lt. Commander. Not that she would show in any case. Professor Hawthorne is relatively easy going on people who skip class, which means that Freira usually takes full advantage of this.”

"Yeah, I noticed that in the past few classes," He replied lightheartedly, nobody really didn't notice the class presidents usual absences from the various classes.

Hawthorne's lecture started as usual, practical examples along with instructions on how to do them. Soon enough the class was divided between those who bothered to listen to the professor and those who were more in getting a bit more sleep in the morning. Zach himself was part of the former and was having his fair bit of frustration in figuring out just how the professor had done it, admittedly he had seen one of these before but actually doing one was something new for him.

I think I got it now...

“Hey, Zach? Why did you join the Alliance military? Did you volunteer for the service?”

"Huh?"

He looked to Mashta, his concentration broken and slightly confused at her suddenness.

The question had caught him off guard, it wasn't something he had expected to be asked especially not by Mashta. He was hitting a blank now, thankfully she continued to talk giving him some time to gather his thoughts.

“I ended up coming because…” The younger girl hesitated for a second before giving a big smile and continuing.”Well, I couldn’t leave sister here on her own. She wouldn't be able to do anything by herself and who knows what would happen, right? Besides, my brother needs...” Mashta gave a slight shake of her head, as if dismissing the words already formed in her head. “Nevermind. In any case, I was wondering what you were doing in the military. With your grades, you should be able to easily work in the colonies or on Earth, right?”

“So why are you here?”

Why was he here? He could be elsewhere so why was he here? The answer was so simple and yet not in a way, he guessed he had to try explain it to her at this point.

"Well, I was drafted from the colonies by the Military, I didn't like it. After all, I didn't think it was my war to fight. Even with what people around me said, I still had no interest in being a part of it."

He stayed silent for a moment, thinking back to just over a year ago. He recalled when he first entered the Alliance military and how he thought the drafting process was unfair, how he had no responsibility to fight this war. The academy he went to then was similar to Nova Calendus but still different in other ways. The people then too, even though they were going to fight a war didn't seem to complain about it too terribly, some of them had apparently signed up themselves after hearing some of the other tragedies that had happened during the war. He couldn't understand that eager to fight attitude that some of them held but he understood well enough that they wanted the war to end.

She also wanted that then but...

"That changed though when I saw the war first hand. I was powerless then to do anything, the world I knew crumbled and burned in an instant."

An image flashed in his mind, a woman standing in front of him, a gun in her hand aimed straight at him as a towering giant of steel glowered down at them both. Slowly, the trigger was pulled and...

"I still don't know why it happened. But I know that I don't want something like that to happen again, not to me and not to anyone else. Maybe I've finally been caught up by what others say about the war...but in the end, it's my choice. That's why I'm here. If I can make a difference, no matter how small, to ending this war and finally having peace...well maybe it's better that I'm here then a colony. "

He had only noticed now that the mood had turned solemn, unexpectedly so from his end. That was simply great...how could he salvage this conversation now.

"Anyways now that you mention it, I've actually never been on Earth before. I guess it would be nice to see it some day."

He scratched his head as he revealed this, unsure what Mashta's response would be. Hopefully this would change the subject at least.
    Last edited by Dranes; March 18th, 2014 at 08:07 PM.

Freira Lima

A cloud of dust and sand now covered the canyon as a result of the first exchange between the two pilots. Freira had lost her sight with that move but was confident that she could fly the Mobile Suit towards the entrance without suffering a crash. Granted, the Brazilian woman would not be able to spot her opponent for a while, but did it matter? If she could not see Riley, it was only logical that Riley could not see her. If they both raced towards the goal, it was clear which of them was going to get there first. With this in mind, Lima did not halt upon stopping her fall and propelled her forward towards the convoy.

"You talk too much-!"

In just a few moments, her position aligned with the last point where she had last seen Guarstein's Mobile Suit. By that time, Freira had already begun shooting back with her kinetic rifle. Sure, with all that dust and sand in the way it was pretty much impossible to get a clear shot on Guarstein's mech... But the silver haired woman made up for it by firing at least a third of the bullets available without pulling her finger away from the trigger. If her foe was still in the same place he had stood a few seconds ago or in the near vicinity, some of those shots should be able to reach him. At the very least, the attack should serve to intimidate and slow down Riley while she passed through.

In a way, the roles had been reversed, and thus Lima was no longer a cat but a hungry mouse running towards cheese. It was definitely a dangerous role to assume, however, it promised to be rewarding if it worked out. Freira felt that with her skills and the advantage she had, she would be able to reach it before being eaten... Or well, shot down.

It was okay. The Convoy couldn't be too far from Riley's position...
    Last edited by hero; March 19th, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Riley Guarstein
    Nova Calendus - Simulation Room

The dust storm that covered the canyon made it impossible to see where Freira had landed. At the same time, though, he didn't need to see; the sensor pack told him exactly where she was. Even though it was a directional detection system, as long as he kept a lock on her he would have no worries about losing her in a canyon like this. There was nowhere to hide after all - not that she intended to.

Even as he began moving inward along the top of the canyon wall, she had began to move towards the entrance. Just like he had expected, she was aiming to get a better shot at the convoy. However... it seemed that she wasn't simply content with running past him. Bullets began to fly where he had previously stood, before sweeping the general area - another attempt to make him peel away.

Immediately, he went prone - using the canyon wall as cover. Though from his perspective she wasn't doing much more than firing random shots, he couldn't risk a lucky bullet disabling one of his systems. Then, when the sound of bullets ended, he peered over the edge, readying his rifle for a counterattack.

The convoy was getting near. Even if she couldn't see it right now, once they got close enough to her a simple rocket would take one out. She had used two against him - meaning she had three left. Even if she missed with one shot, she could still destroy the convoy and make her getaway. If he wanted to beat her, he would have to do so now... and he knew from experience that taking down Freira took more than a few bullets whether she was inside or outside of a Guardian.

He had twenty-two bullets left and he wanted to make them all count. Fortunately, unlike her, he wasn't firing blind.

The sensor pack locked on and a moment later Riley pulled the trigger, letting loose everything he had against her.

Blog Entries
    ​European-Asiatic Union

Nova Calendus

Purpose - Military Academy Station
    Population - 1254 Military Personnel
    Location - Asteroid Belt, 121 Hygiea
    Time - 10:30 AM

“Incoming vessel, you have entered Trilateral Alliance space. Please state your purpose and identification code, or we will be forced to open fire.”

The grizzled man in the captain’s uniform grunted his reply at the communication screen.

“Alliance transport freighter “Orinoco”. Identification code AF6778576, password “Backwards River”. Our convoy was heading out of the Lionel’s Gap when we got attacked by pirates. My escorts engaged the attackers, but I was forced to flee due to their numbers. Requesting your permission for docking and repairs.”

A brief moment of silence filled the freighter, before being dispelled by the voice of the female operator once more.

“Credentials authenticated and validation complete. You are cleared for landing into the Hangar Bay 4, Orinoco. A ranking officer will be there to meet you and go over the details of your mission. Meanwhile, we will dispatch GUARDIANS to your last location to collaborate your story.”

With a brief click, the communication channel between the ship and the communications tower was disconnected. Letting out a sigh of relief, the large man who was acting as your “captain” keyed in the automatic docking path provided by the Nova Calendus tower. The ship lurched forward on a stable, calculated path, making it quite clear that the ship was no-longer being controlled by human hands. Turning towards the three of you and away from the large command console of the ship, the bear-like man let out a wide grin.

“Well, we were lucky that supervising officer of yours had those authentication codes lying about. Otherwise this would have been a relatively short trip, gyahaha.” The big man let out a grunt of laughter, before continuing with his talk. “The uniforms and credentials that you have should also check out with the Alliance database, though they will most likely disarm you. I doubt they would allow those rifles on board the station anyway, Alliance standard issue or not. Considering that we even have the ship loaded up with Tritium, our cover should last at least as long as it would take the GUARDIANS to report in, but move quick nevertheless.”

“I don’t know how long of a lapse you have before your… friends arrive, you know?” The stocky man gave a thumbs up to the three of you. “I’ll probably be taken to a debriefing first, so you will be alone with your “supervisors”.”

The ship slowly crawled past the hangar doors and started to position itself into docking position.

“Gear up and look professional. We are about to arrive.”

Finally coming to a complete stop, the ship attached itself to the docking apparatus. Looking out from the bridge windows, you could see quite the reception committee already gearing up to meet you. A quite stunning red haired female officer, with a slight smile on her face and an amused glint in her eye as she gazed at the large Alliance Freighter in front of her, stood at the front of six fully armed soldiers, clearly waiting for your disembarkation. With a grunt, Thompson (or at least that was his alias for this mission), beckoned the three of you to follow him into the base. With quick finger movements, he keyed in the needed code and the sealed docking door slid open and moved towards the Alliance officer with calm steps and a stern look on his face, before greeting her with a crisp salute.

“Lieutenant Thompson, at your service. This is Private Biggs, this is Private Murata and that is my second in command, Ensign Zabi. Thank you for being kind enough to accept us to your base.”

The red haired officer replied his salute with a rather casual salute of her own.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. We are obligated to look after our comrades as any Alliance base would be, Academy or not. I am Lt. Chen Mei Ling, the chief operative officer on Nova Calendus Academy.” Giving a grin to Thompson, she spread her hands in faux exasperation. “Sorry about all this fuss, but we don’t get that many visitors, especially unannounced ones like yourself, so everyone gets real excited about putting up a show like this.”

Snapping her fingers quite dramatically, the troops at her back approached the disembarking crew of the Orinoco rather threateningly… and then Chen burst into giggles.

“Aahahahahhh… I love doing that. They are so well trained that they don’t even need me to tell them their orders! Such cute little tick-tock soldiers, aren't they?”

For their part, the troops approaching the four of you looked quite embarrassed over the entire situation. One of them even let out a brief uncomfortable plea of “Lieutenant…”, before reaching the crew and extending out their hands towards the crew itself.

“Right, right, sorry about that, I’ll be on my best behaviour from now on. Pinky promise.” With eyes that were far too mischievous (and wholly unapologetic over what had just occurred), Chen’s voice became more serious (although there was still a clear undercurrent of amusement there). “Would you be so kind and hand over your weaponry to these kind gentlemen? We can’t have you running around armed, you must understand.”

After being deprived of your weaponry, you were able to full disembark and after a brief conversation between your “superior officers”, Chen started to lead Thompson away (for a debriefing, most likely), while the three of you were still guarded by the armed soldiers that had originally accompanied her.

“Right. Would you escort the Ensign and the privates to one of the recreation areas? Seal it off for the time being from the students. We don’t need them gawking around them, god knows it is bad enough every time a standard freighter arrives. Well then, Lieutenant Thompson, shall we?”

With those words, the pair headed off towards one of the hallways leading out of the Hangar. Before fully leaving the hangar however, the crimson haired turned back for a final time, this time directly towards the escorting troops themselves.

“Oh and could someone tell Cinque that we have unexpected visitors?”

One of the soldiers gave a quick salute to the leaving Lieutenant, before heading off himself as well, though in a completely different direction to the redhead. And then, surrounded by five soldiers, the EAU infiltrators disguised as Alliance troops, were led through the winding corridors of Nova Calendus towards their designated “relaxation area”.

EAUN “Ark Royal”

Purpose - EAUN Diomedes-class Cruiser
    Population - 125 Military Personnel
    Location - Asteroid Field, 121 Hygiea
    Time - 10:48

Positioned outside the detection field of Asteroid Sensor Network of Nova Calendus, the Ark Royal waited for the opportune moment. Considering the nature of the ship itself, the chance of discovery by the Alliance GUARDIAN patrols was close to nil. Nevertheless, one couldn’t be too cautious, and as such, the Ark Royal itself was running on minimum emissions, in an attempt to further reduce the chance it was detected. Besides, there was something… strange about the patrol paths of the GUARDIAN units. Not something you could really put your finger on, but something was amiss at the very least.

Nevertheless, the die had already been cast and neither the Ark Royal, nor her crew, could back down from this now. As the agreed time finally arrived, the Diomedes-class cruiser moved into action to fulfil its role for this battle. The massive engines that powered the movement of the EAU battleship flared up in azure as the ship started moving. Without even seemingly bothering to slow down, the azure ship crossed the detection line they had been so cautious to avoid before, causing the alarms to be lit off all over the Alliance base. After all, their course had been calculated already.

Straight towards Nova Calendus. The academy that was their target.

Following a brief nod from her Captain, the communications officer on the bridge, one Lt. Nicolette Blanchet, opened the ship-wide communications channel and addressed the crew. The calm and almost tranquil voice of the French girl echoed over the intercom, displaying none of the tension that must have existed underneath

“As planned, the Ark Royal will now engage the enemy at Nova Calendus. Alert level is set to Red, all crew man your stations. Alloro, Quercia, Achilleos, you are cleared for launch. The Valkyries will launch after the Rubicons and provide general combat support.”

A brief pause.

“Good luck, everyone. Come back safely.”
    Last edited by Mellon; March 20th, 2014 at 01:18 AM.

Lt. Commander Conrad Eagle
    Hanger, Basement Level 3 - Nova Calendus

"By all means, Junior Lieutenant." Following the woman's lead, Commander Eagle enters the New York battleship. He would have to see what the Alliance had in store for him and his soon-to-be crew.

Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Melvin Connors
    Time - 10:48

Once more unto the breach. Up over the top. Connors had gone through the time he had before launch with his usual rituals - reading through letters from home, grabbing something to eat from the mess, a crossword he'd done a million times before - before getting into his flight suit. Then came the preflight checklist. Rubicons were far from simple machines, and his especially had its own special little quirks and abilities that needed to be tested and allowed to work. Green on all fronts there, good news.

And as the launch authorization light switched from red to green, Connors hit the detach button and launched himself from the hanger with a quick burst of power, stealth systems activating.

"I'll take the far weapons platform, then go after the sensor array ma'am." Connors switched his comms to passive immediately afterword as he drifted into the void, aligning himself to get into range of his target as quickly as possible. No need to transmit his location until he needed to.

Spoiler:
    Kinetic Rifle
    Last edited by Arch-Magos Winter; March 21st, 2014 at 03:35 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Takeshi Wakahisa
    Time: 10:31

As they walked down the winding corridor, Takeshi contemplated upon what had happened and how they should proceed. They had been relieved of their weapons and were now being escorted by an armed guards to what that annoying woman had referred to as a recreation area. Certainly this made sense as a security measure, especially so considering both that their was some sort of prototype here and some freighter had arrived unannounced. Still he couldn't help but feel uneasy, being led around like this, it just didn't sit well with him.

After all, we're essentially prisoners in everything, but name until our story checks out.

Examining one of the guards in the lead, he noted that his equipment seemed like the standard fare of an Alliance soldier, nothing really out of the ordinary, meaning that he was just some grunt. No doubt, the other four were just like the one in the front and by the sound of what the Lieutenant had said earlier they probably hadn't seen some actual on the field battle for some time now. Taking all that into consideration, taking out all five of these soldiers shouldn't of proved much of a challenge for someone such as himself, however...

Takeshi glanced at his comrades, his mental evaluation of them had been...less than satisfactory. If he was alone, he'd be able to safely take care of these guys, but he had been assigned to guard the techie, which meant something like a stray bullet from one of these grunts would mean mission failure, an unacceptable outcome. Therefore the best option for now would be to wait until they made their move, however that didn't mean he couldn't try and extract some information out of their escort. Although that would require him to he...friendly with these Alliance dogs, but if it meant a greater chance of success at the mission, he'd do it.

"Haah, man looks like you guys got it tough over here, huh?"

Wise Up!
    Cream of the Crop
    You are the elite, the best of the best, the finest that the EAU has to offer and as such you are expected, nay, you will display Excellence in any venture you undertake for the EAU, whether it be combat on the ground or within a mech. With this perk, pick 3 stats at character creation (Close Combat, Weaponry, Mechanics), before the start of a battle pick one of these stats and increase it by one point for the duration of the battle. Due to who you are, you are also well known throughout the EAU and more than likely the Alliance as well and defying orders tends to result in punishments that are far more lax than the norm.

Stat chosen for Battle Phase: Close Combat
    Last edited by Zagrin; March 22nd, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Trilateral Alliance

Zach Ayers (Dranes), , Stevie St. Angelo (Morm), Takuto Satoyama (Kurogane)
    Class 7

"I still don't know why it happened. But I know that I don't want something like that to happen again, not to me and not to anyone else. Maybe I've finally been caught up by what others say about the war...but in the end, it's my choice. That's why I'm here. If I can make a difference, no matter how small, to ending this war and finally having peace...well maybe it's better that I'm here then a colony. "
    The brown haired girl was merely silent, eyes downcast, as she was trying to use the bandage provided to create a makeshift sling to Zach’s hand. Clearly deeply in thought over your words, her hands moved with a machine-like precision. She either had a lot of practice in this sort of thing or, more likely, she had gone over all the provided material twice over already. When she did finally respond to you, her voice was quiet, even slightly hesitant.

“I… I don’t think you will bring peace by merely ending this war, Zach. People were dying in my… home long before the Thirteen Sanctions and the war between the Alliance and the Union ever started. “

“Even if this war ended, conflicts will not end. Human suffering will not end.”

The smile that Mashta gave Zach held many emotions. Kindness. Sadness. And… pity.

“It is better for you to give up now. There is only pain and sadness down that route, Zach.”

"Anyways now that you mention it, I've actually never been on Earth before. I guess it would be nice to see it some day."
    Mashta let out a deep breath.

“I hope you see it. It is… beautiful, but in a different way from the colonies. There is really nothing quite like the wide open sky in the colonies.” She flashed Zach another kind smile.”If you ever happen to go to Porto Alere, I would love to show you around. The..”

Her words were interrupted by the pre-recorded sound of the school bell echoing over the entire classroom. In an almost instant, the quiet tranquillity of the lesson was shattered, as the buzz of widespread conversation flooded the class once more. With a rather amused shake of his head, Professor Hawthorne handed out the homework for the class, before turning to converse with the number of students (mainly female) who had questions about any content in the lecture. Who knows how many actually had any legitimate questions and how many just wanted to talk to the well mannered doctor.

Joining up, the three of you, along with Mashta, started to make your way to the Solar Geography class, taught by Proffessor Cruz, a rather ancient Bolivian astrophysicist, who was a known stickler for rules. As you quickly wandered through the familiar maze of passages and hallways that made up Nova Calendus, you came across a rather peculiar sight (in the Academy at least). Three unknown Alliance soldiers surrounded by what seemed to be an armed escort. Even discounting the fact that they were strangers (which, in itself was enough to spawn a thousand rumours on a base as distant as this), they were also surrounded by a ring of guards. Perhaps they were important officers from headquarters? That would most assuredly explain the ring of guards around them. Although… from their uniforms, only one of the three was even an officer, the other two were just privates.

The two groups passed each other on the hallway and continued on their separate paths.

It is only as you turned around the corner, into yet another hallway, that you heard a voice echo down the hallway.

"Haah, man looks like you guys got it tough over here, huh?"
    Last edited by Mellon; March 21st, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Commander Kang Taehwan (Ensign Zabi)

As his subordinate started small talk to the soldiers, Kang surveyed the surroundings. Considering they were sealed in the recreational room, this was no short of a prison - although in a very light meaning. It would be foolish to start a fight right off the bat - Takeshi had been smart.

Sweeping off his glasses and pushing back his hair with a flair, 'Zabi' addressed the soldiers in follow.

"Of course they have it tough, this is supposed to be one of the best academies in the Alliance. They are doing the splendid job of guarding the future's best personnel, and what they do is something to be proud of."
    Last edited by Snax; March 23rd, 2014 at 11:18 AM.

Freira Lima

Caught in a rain of bullets, Freira Lima did her best to reduce the damage her Mobile Suit would take as much as possible. No need to sugarcoat it, she literally crashed it into the first place that offered cover. Even if that meant taking additional damage, it didn't matter since the other option was to simply accept defeat.

"Tch..." At the cost of one arm and her kinetic rifle, the Brazilian pilot had managed to survive the second exchange. Unable to move for the time being due to the sustained damage and the collision, it was clear that Lima was now in a losing position. Even so, she was not the sort of person to be discouraged by something like this. Win or lose, she'd fight till the very end. "That bastard..."

At this point, Freira didn't even have to try hard to figure out what Riley's starting gear have been. His ridiculous aim under these conditions could only be justified with the use of a sensor kit. In other words, even though his vision was obstructed by the dust cloud, he knew exactly where she was... The bright side was that including the Sensor Kit in his selection meant that Guarstein's only weapon was his Kinetic Rifle... And given how many bullets had been fired thus far, if the boy wasn't out of ammunition, he was certainly short on it. On the other hand, Freira still had 3 rockets left in her arsenal. More than enough to completely annihilate both the convoy and its assigned bodyguard.

With her Mobile Suit stunned and unable to see a thing at the distance, there wasn't much Freira could do other than wait for the convoy or her eventual doom to arrive. Well there was one thing... She could always fire one, two or all three rockets available. While this would leave her defenseless, the current circumstances made it doubtful whether Lima would get a chance to use them at a later time. If that was the case, she was not going to take the risk... It was better to get immediate results.

The dark-skinned woman recalled what Lt. Commander Cinque Reval had told them. The mission ought to be completed in 10 minutes... If she managed to stall the convoy's arrival for some more time, the simulation would end with a tie. Not that Lima was aiming for such a thing, but she had to consider all the available possibilities, especially now that her Mobile Suit was missing an arm. Well, at least it was a robotic arm and not her own...

With no more time to contemplate the situation, the Brazilian pilot made a decision. She fired her remaining rockets at both sides of the canyon, hoping to create a rockslide that would block or at least obstruct in some way that the convoy had ahead of it. Needless to say, Freira made sure that the detonations would happen far enough for her to be safe from the resulting collapse. Now, all she needed to do was to wait for the convoy or Riley to come to her. Whatever the case...

Good luck trying to get to the finish line.