Thread: Eternal Rubicon - IC

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Katyusha Volkovnika
    Location - Desponia Orbital Facility, Hangar Bay 5, New York
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:23 AM

"..."

Nothing. The man was too far gone for jokes, which was a bad sign.

Katyusha knelt by the bleeding Vice-Captain.

"Excuse me," she said as she made her way past the CIVOPS man and the other Ensign. "Don't shoot me for this."

With a simple flourish she drew her weapon from its holster - an action that was sure to provoke - and with a click, ejected a single unspent round from its chamber, catching it before it could fall.

The gun went back in its spot; she didn't need it anymore. Katyusha then grabbed the 'eye' above her shoulder as if it was a baseball, flipped the bullet and jammed one end of it into a hole on the machine's underside. With a twist she pried off the end cap, using her high-tech spotter as a glorified can-opener. It floated off after she released it, albeit with a bit of 'dizziness'.

"This is gonna hurt. Bite down." She rummaged in a back pocket and handed the man a rag with her free hand, so his teeth didn't break. Then she summarily rolled the Vice-Captain on his healthy side, exposing the wound upwards, and yanked up his shirt, revealing the bleeding hole in all of its glory.

It was pretty ugly, but the blood was bright, not dark. His organs hadn't been ruptured, so the problem was fixable.

Katyusha Volkovnika was no medic. Every soldier was trained in basic first-aid procedures, of course, but her only experience in treating others was having to patch up fellow soldiers in the middle of combat. It was the sort of experience born of necessity, not knowledge. Even so, the Vice-Captain had been fortunate enough to be wounded in a way that she could and had treated, despite having no actual medical supplies on hand.

She tipped the uncapped bullet over his wound, scattering flakes of gunpowder over it and coating it black. Thankfully, despite advances in weaponry, the composition of a bullet hadn't changed much over the years. Then she reached into a back pocket and withdrew a metal lighter coloured red, white, and blue.

Battlefield cauterization was a tried and tested technique dating back to at least the 20th century. It was quick, easy, and worked. For stopping blood loss it was quicker and more effective than bandages on their own. Sure, burning a wound closed would almost certainly result in infection, but that would be a slow death rather than a quick one.

Katyusha pulled down her goggles over her eyes, held the lighter to the trail of gunpowder on the Vice-Captain's wound, and flicked it open.
    Last edited by Bloble; May 19th, 2017 at 04:57 PM.

Kang Tae Hwan

"...."

The smell of gunpowder woke Kang from his blood-loss induced stupor, he saw a woman with a lighter about to burn his wound close.

"...No need for that."

Kang brushed aside the lighter.

"I appreciate the will to act, but...it's not as bad as you think. Nothing a few stitches can't solve..."

Brushing apart the gunpowder from his wound, which the blood flow had reduced a lot in comparison to earlier in the day, Kang went ahead and ripped apart the hem of his shirt, making a makeshift bandage of some length. With that, he put pressure on the wound while carefully making sure not to make anything stick too tight.

"Now then, an update on the situation would be nice...on the way to the medbay, that is."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Katyusha Volkovnika

Katyusha shrugged and backed off. Orders were orders.

"You know best, Vice-Captain. Though you might have some trouble with the medbay. This station is under attack. It won't last half an hour."

She recalled her 'eyes' and saluted.

"We're on our way out, sir, to support the defenders with our units. Good luck with your stitching."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Takeshi Wakahisa
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:22AM

Takeshi shook his head at the exchange between the two, though with a wry smile on his face the entire time. He had found it amusing, especially the part where his superior officer had 'suggested' they head to the medbay rather than abandoning the facility as quickly as they could. Surely he could feel the explosions wracking the station, or perhaps not due to the lack of all that blood he'd just lost?

Before he went and got himself lost in the White Dagger, Takeshi grabbed Kang by the shoulder.

"Well you heard the lady, Kang, sounds like paying the medbay a visit is going to have to wait till we're back on the Ark. Speaking of which..."

Takeshi's gaze shifted to the three new arrivals, or perhaps it'd be more accurate to call them his three new potential saviors.

"On your way out? In that case mind if you'd bring us along? Or even take us to the Ark Royal at that? I mean if Kang wants to stay that's his business, but if I'm going to die I'd rather it be in my Rubicon than some exploding station."

Kang Tae Hwan

Kang chuckled for a bit. The makeshift bandage was already staunching the flow somewhat - thankfully, he wouldn't be dying of blood loss anytime soon just yet.

"Of course it needs to wait till we get off this goddamn deathtrap, Takeshi. Well, in any case, its time to hop on your rides and move out. We're returning to the Ark, but if anything gets in your way en route, you know what to do. Don't expect me to do much aside from be a burden, but Haro will support wherever he can. I'll make a beeline for the Ark, and you can be my envoy."

But before all that...

"Haro, set up a camera feed on the security cams in this area. Perhaps our enemy will want their ship back, the least we can do is get a few mug shots."
    Last edited by Snax; May 22nd, 2017 at 12:59 AM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Captain Jin Yeong Song
    Location - EAUN “Ark Royal”, Near Desponia Orbital Facility, Bridge
    Date - Monday, April 16th

It was quite the different thing to cause the death of uncountable faceless enemies or to see the death of uncountable faceless allies, and to see someone whose face and name you knew about to die.

She wanted to ask Sylvia why she had been so reckless, she wanted to be able to do something more, but she knew that it was impossible…

Yet somehow, everything had ended up working out. She had no idea of how this was possible, or if it should even be possible. For the Alloro to unleash its strongest possible attack in such a state of destruction was incredibly weird, but she had other things to think about at the moment.

She almost had a heart attack when the pirate custom suit fired at the Alloro, but thankfully it seemed like at least someone in the leftovers of the pirate fleet had something resembling a brain. Hearing the words of the female pilot, Jin quickly ordered all allied units to stop their approach, and took a moment to analyze the situation.

The battle was already won for the EAU side, the pirates didn’t have any realistic chance to win this, and even escaping could be considered impossible for them by now. However, the fact was that the condition of her own side meant that taking down the last battleship would simply incur into too many losses for her side. The Alloro would be certainly destroyed, and given the state of the Mandragora, she doubted it would be able to survive many attacks from the enemy battleship. She had no idea of how much energy the two custom suits had left, she doubted it was much, and the black one would probably be destroyed almost instantly, but… it was too big of a risk. So, at the end of the battle, chances were she’d lose her two Rubicons all for… what? A misguided sense of vengeance? The probabilities of capturing any of the pirates alive for interrogation were almost nil.

If the enemy hadn’t come forward to negotiate on its own, Jin would’ve initiated negotiations herself, especially given that her priority were the VIPs and the whole Vanguard situation at her back.

“Scram.” Her cranky, unpleasant voice finally sounded in the open comm channels, directed at the remaining pirates. “I have no time to lose with terrorists.”

This time, the pirates had gotten lucky. “The Mandragora, the Grunwald and one Valkyrie unit will remain there to make sure you don’t get to any tricks, the rest are to pull back. And if you intend to open fire nonetheless… remember that I am sparing your lives and that I will destroy you without the slightest hesitation.” Those final words were directed towards the pilot of the blue custom suit.

Having said that, Jin gave the movement orders, and had the Ark royal turn ahorund to face the… situation with the Vanguard. The two Valkyries closest to the station were sent towards it. With a bit less than thirty minutes left, Jin hadn’t quite given up on the VIP, and she intended to send these Valkyrie units to the hangar where the New York was, along with Kang and Takeshi. Maybe it’d be possible to do something about this, maybe not, but at this point she’d be content with being able to retrieve her own troops already. Either way, it seemed like her career was ending soon nonetheless.

Finally, she looked towards the detached bridge of the Vanguard, one that was moving directly towards the collapsing station, very conspicuously so. It was suspicious, and Jin doubted very much that all these mysterious happenings had nothing to do with the prisoners. Either way, without them accounted for, she wouldn’t feel at ease.

“Bridge of the Vanguard, Valkyries of the Vanguard, halt!” She ordered harshly. “The space station is about to collapse and it is too dangerous. Please head to the Ark Royal or await retrieval by my people!”

It was time to see if there was something she could do about this.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Zach Ayers
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Near the Bridge
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:20AM

Shaken but not broken, that's what Zach's condition was right now. He couldn't afford to break in this place, not when they were still in danger and being controlled by his emotions now of all times wasn't acceptable. He couldn't even confirm if that truly was Sylvia and even if it was, what could he do about it? The answer was nothing, not as long as they were here, drifting in space as if they had all the time in the world to waste. For now he had to put those emotions away, he had to focus on the present...or risk losing his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Guarstein
    “Let's suit up. It doesn't matter where we go, as long as it's away from here and away from that.
    He was right of course but at their speed it would be cutting it close.

"And the pirate fleet looks like it's about to be wiped out too, better prepare for the worst at this rate."

The picture painted by the monitors was grim. The pirate fleet was in tatters with only a few customized units, a guardian and the red battleship left. The only question that remained was whether the EAU commander for this battle would try to wipe them out or turn their attention to their little barge. It was hard to say but he hoped for their sake that they would try to continue going for what remained of the pirate forces. Lacking contact with other team only added to their troubles, they would just have to believe that the Valkyries now leaving their once-prison were them.

Quote Originally Posted by EAU Commander
    “Bridge of the Vanguard, Valkyries of the Vanguard, halt! The space station is about to collapse and it is too dangerous. Please head to the Ark Royal or await retrieval by my people!”
    Time's up. Faster than expected, it seemed the EAU lost its teeth or they couldn't afford any more losses. Either way, bad for them.

There was a standstill outside but it seemed that the two sides had worked something out.

They had to make a plan but they couldn't even lie about their intentions at this rate. Not responding to their orders was one thing but completely disobeying them? At least without an excuse to make use of it would be plain as day that something suspicious was happening on board the ship, even more so than their current movements had done for them. Continued imprisonment or, in the worst case, death was all that awaited them now.

But such an outcome...after coming so far.

Zach couldn't accept that.

There had to be some way to communicate, to get a message across to them. There was more than one way to communicate in the military, if standard communication is down there are normally alternatives for these kinds of situations as long as the appropriate equipment was available. Once again he glanced out into the void of space, the EAU space suit fit as well as any Alliance one did but it felt weird wearing the colors long associated with the enemy but beggars couldn't be choosers.

In that moment however, something caught his eye.

Even in this void, the vessel was brightened by the various sources of light that littered the outside of the bridge. If they could control those then it would be possible. There was a system used by the military that has been able to exist even to this day, even a rookie like Zach had been taught it in class. An idea began to form in his head...but whether it would work was a gamble in itself. The silence in the bridge from the announcement was deafening...they were trapped but they weren't beat.

Calmly, Zach collected himself as he put his thoughts in order. The situation was dire, yes but it wasn't unsalvageable.

"Morse code, we could use that to make contact with this commander. Using the lights built on this bridge, we can send messages to them even if we can't use voice comms."

That would be the first step, it would allow them to give the idea that they were still on their side...but then there was the issue of the excuse.

"We could tell them there's an oxygen leak or that we have orders from higher up that need us to secure the 'captured' battleship, with some mention of voice comms being down...something that would at least divert suspicion away from us. The escape pods they launched as well, we could say the 'prisoners' had escaped on them or are still roaming on that ship."

This was it, another turning point in their journey.

"Whether we'll be able to get to the New York fast enough to get out of there in time I don't know but we're running out of options."
    Last edited by Dranes; May 24th, 2017 at 09:12 PM.

Stevie St. Angelo
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Launch Hangar, Inside Valkyrie
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:20 AM

Alright, he knew a 'little' bit about these mobile suits, and it wasn't the first time he'd messed around in one.

Some of those times he was even supposed to be in them!

Still, the much more layman-focused design of the mass produced model was easier to figure out than the rather more complex Destiny, with it's computers and whatnot.

He flicked a few switches and stretched out his legs, grimacing at the soreness beginning to creep into his muscles, he was in pretty alright shape, nothing too severe, but he should maybe try and keep the recklessness to a minimum.

Pfft, who was he kidding? He'd do it again, twice as hard.

"Alright, so if I remember correctly, you disengage this, then crank up this, and turn that, and then..."

The low hum of the engines beneath him heightened in pitch to a wrathful screech, befitting the name they'd given the models.

Stevie hissed out a long breath between his teeth, he should've asked for cash up front.

Conrad Eagle
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Near the Bridge
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:20AM

The young Captain's eyes could not believe what he was seeing as a violet star was born in an explosion of awful destruction. Swallowing all in its wake Conrad could only stare in stunned silence. A cold sweat chilled him down to the bone.

He hears someone talking to him through the haze and he nods without hearing. "Yes, yes. Proceed as f-followed."

Collapsing into a vacant chair, Conrad erratically loosens his collar as his mind unravels at the explosion caused by the nearly destroyed Rubicon machine. Wiping the sweat from his brow Conrad addresses his vice captain. "Chen. What was that?" Conrads asks, the storm of fear beneath a thin veneer of ice calm. "Nothing in ​any of the data said that the EAU were capable of such weaponry."

"Just what the hell made that thing explode like a goddamn supernova!"

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Commander Kang Tae Hwan, Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn, Katyusha Volkovnika, Takeshi Wakahisa

With the relative tension of the situation quite quickly defused, the remaining able EAU officers started to carry out the preparations necessary for their, hopefully imminent, launch. Well, that was if they managed to find the location where the thrice-darned station staff had stored the Knights Rubicons. Both Katyusha (using her “little helpers”) and Reid were further in the hangar, looking for the specific storage containers that would hold their Mobile Suits. Clarissa herself had elected to stay behind to watch over their new compatriots. It was not an issue of distrust, per se, as she already had a general understanding of the commanding officers of the two ships that had been assigned to guard Desponia during the conference. This was most assuredly Kang Tae Hwan, the computer prodigy that served as the Vice Captain of the Ark Royal.

No, distrust was the wrong word indeed… Her qualms were with another, rather familiar, face.

“It's quite a surprise to find you here, Mr. Katsu. Correct me if I am wrong, but weren’t you honored with a supervisory position with the Commission at Strasbourg?”

A bit far away from the Grande Île, aren’t we?”

The gray-haired martial artist only let out a wide guffaw at Clarissa’s rather pointed words. It was clear that the older man didn’t think much of the rather sharp undertone coming from the blonde-haired princess. Instead, the “Undefeated of the East” merely waved away the younger woman’s concerns with a placating wave of his hand.

Now, now, Clarissa-chan. No need to get worked over something like that. Unlike for you younglings, these old legs need to walk from time to time, lest they forget how they work.”“Besides, it's like I always tell your father. Delegating everything will only lead to atrophy. Sometimes…”

Yes, yes, I have heard that nonsense a thousand times already. Sometimes a man has to roll the dice himself, I know. Don’t deflect the topic with your usual damn cryptic rambling! That is not what I am asking! I’ll repeat myself. Why are you here, Fujit….!

Clarssa’s communicator suddenly crackled into life, interrupting her. The blonde’s voice cracked like a whip as she answered the incoming call.

Yes? Understood. Prep the containers. We will be there momentarily.”

Terminating the communications channel she had momentarily shared with Reid, Clarissa turned towards the three other remaining officers. While the blonde had obviously been somewhat incensed by the earlier conversation, it was clearly not enough to make her ignore the rather miserable situation you had found yourselves in. With a final sharp glance at Fujita, one that promised a more thorough chat on the subject at a later time, Clarissa addressed Takashi and Kang.

“Katyusha and Reid found our Rubicons. We will now regroup with them and move to regroup with the Ark Royal. Is that understood?”

Meanwhile

The communications channel between Reid and his superior officer was, rather bluntly, cut. Clarissa’s irritation was rather clearly noticeable, even on the radio. It was probably for the best that you weren’t there. Despite being rather known for her softness towards orphans and leading a military unit composed mostly of various “unwanted” figures from all across the EAUN, the princess could be, at times, extremely catty. Especially when she was in a bad mood, such as now. She always did carry her heart on her sleeve, for better or for worse. Perhaps it was because of her rather privileged upbringing, but…

Well, let's just say that everyone on Ovan learned not to poke the raging tiger.

Katyusha, meanwhile, keyed in the access code at a nearby panel, causing the massive doors of the three mobile suit containers to slowly open. One after another, the orange-black Helianthus, the crimson Stasis, and the white and red Salix were brought out of their massive containers, all looking none the worse for wear. Despite your qualms on the management Desponia station, at the very least they knew how to properly handle Mobile Suits. Well, that was a thing of the past, either way, considering the current state of the station. Now all you needed to do was wait for the princess and the other three to arr…

Just as you were about to finish that thought, the four individuals in question appeared in your sight.

“The Rubicons are operational?” Your commanding officer spared a quick glance towards the three suits, before turning her attention towards Katyusha and Reid. “Great. Good job finding them in all this mess, you two. Wakahisa-san, you are with Reid. Katyusha, you take care of the Vice-Captain. I’ll be responsible for transporting Katsu-san.”

“Once in space, we will rendezvous with the Vanguard and the Ark Royal and drop off our passengers.”

Clarissa’s eyes crossed with her two subordinates.

“Understood?”

Freira Lima
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Hangar
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:20 AM

"..."

It was Freira Lima's perfect opportunity to escape. If she simply decided to flee the battlefield, it was unlikely that either the Alliance nor the EAU would be able to stop her. After seeing the aftermath of the battle that had taken place outside, she could tell with a single glance that this was not the time for either side to be casually exchanging blows. It was unlikely that the EAU mothership would pay attention to a single rogue valkyrie, much less make a gamble in order to shoot it down. The Brazilian pilot even had her sister alongside her, and while abandoning their Alliance teammates may not be within her wishes, Freira knew Mashta was strong for having grown in the same kind of environment she had. Time would mend her wounds and eventually she would get over it.

"... Heh... Heheh... You useless piece of scrap..."

However, the Brazilian pilot had never followed anything other than her own instinct... That wasn't going to change now. By the time she became aware of her body's own actions, the Valkyrie she was piloting was heading the opposite direction it should follow if she wanted to escape together with Mashta. And the reason was simple: Deep down, Freira desired to feel the surge of power she felt when she piloted the Solemn Resolve. Before that time, Lima saw vehicles and mobile suits as simple tools for combat. She wouldn't be afraid to discard either if the situation demanded for it. Her eyes were set on her goals, rather than the tools she'd use to reach them. But that Rubicon was different. It didn't matter which side she would be fighting for, in order to recover that sensation of having absolute control...

"Forgive me, Mashta. I'm diving us into the danger zone once again."

Freira knew that the thing she was after was somewhere within the station. Normally, she'd head that way using the fastest route, but that would risk the entire station being blown up if her cover was blown. She could probably get there without being shot down, but it would be pointless if the enemy decided to target the station then. Furthermore, she didn't know the suit's exact location, so the whole thing sounded like suicide, or at the very least, that was what Freira's gut told her. She had always had a sixth sense for this kind of thing, and right now she could feel she wasn't dealing with brainless idiots. Elites wouldn't allow a plan so reckless and predictable to succeed.

In hindsight, reckless and simple plans were all Freira had come up with since conception.

"Valkyrie 1-B, evacuation complete. Not a problem... Heading to the Ark Royal as well."

The EAU captain was ordering the Vanguard Valkyries to retreat. That, of course, did not include her own Valkyrie, but seeing as the ship she was formerly into was following an evacuation procedure, seeking refuge in the Ark Royal was no less than sound. For the moment, she had no options but comply with the orders in her own way. While it was an optimal moment to launch an all-out attack on the opposing forces now that they were weakened, the timing and position was not right. Any stupid attempt to resist and she'd be blown to bits along with her sister. Likewise, simply ignoring the orders and head towards the station might compromise the Rubicon she was after. The Captain might simply choose to wipe out such valuable technology before handing it back to the hands of her enemies.

"Such a bother..."

From somewhere deep within her mind, the selfish thought of Cinque and Riley being at fault for the entire situation resurfaced.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Katyusha Volkovnika
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:23AM

"Understood!"

Katyusha's Rubicon was all ready. Though it provoked mixed feelings, the black and gold of the Helianthus never failed to impress her when she looked upon it and realized that it was hers to move. For whatever reason, a silly girl like her had been entrusted with that power. She climbed up into the cockpit, waiting for Kang to follow after her. The Rubicons weren't exactly meant to seat two, but there was room enough behind the seat to take a passenger without problems.

"A pleasure, sir," was her too-polite greeting as the Vice-Captain climbed aboard. "Refrain from bleeding all over my machine, if you could."

Her 'eyes' were the last to zip through the hatch before it shut, momentarily blanketing them in darkness before the light from the consoles came online, illuminating the cockpit in reds and blues and purples.

Katyusha sighed. It was not a sigh of relief. Rather, it was an exasperated, weary sigh that signaled the coming of battle. Instead of relaxing, she took a moment to shut her eyes and focus herself, packing all the smiling and joking and camaraderie into a little box called 'Katyusha' that would not be opened until it was needed. Here and now she was safest and most vulnerable.

She was giving war a visit, and so needed to be on her best behavior.

The Helianthus - the sunflower of the battlefield - hummed to life.

It was somewhat ironic. Her resentment for machines of war dissolved the moment she set foot inside one. Yet the childish wonder that Katyusha's Rubicon evoked every single time she started it up was immediately quashed by years of discipline and razor-sharp focus. In that moment before launching, she truly loved the Helianthus. A second later it was merely a weapon.

Her weapon.

Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn

“Crystal, Ma’am.”

Whatever the cause for her irritation was, Reid knew better at this point than to get involved in it, or worse, unintentionally contribute. Best to just hope that it would cool itself off quickly, and stay out of the way.

That, and he was rather excited to be piloting his Rubicon again.

A pilot would essentially be putting his life on the line together with their machine. Their fortunes on the battlefield essentially depended on each other- although it may have been a rather antiquated way of thinking, Reid did not think it was unlike how people in old times were said to form special attachments to swords, guns, or their horses, which they carried with them to battle. He liked his machine.

And in this case, it was no ordinary machine, but one of the Rubicons of the EAU, a powerful foundation of their military might. To have the fortune of piloting one meant the chance to prove oneself in combat, to protect their country, to be worthy of handling the responsibility of such power. In his opinion, handling one alone was a great honor.

“Ensign Takeshi, correct?” He called out to his new passenger as he climbed aboard, gesturing to the space behind his pilot seat. “Feel free to make yourself comfortable. It seems like you’ve been through a lot…”

“…But now that you’re going to be riding in the Salix, you have nothing more to worry about.”

With that said, Reid climbed into his seat, easing himself into familiar controls. At his hands were the reins to one of the proud weapons of the EAU- while his earlier words may have sounded arrogant, they were in his mind nothing but honest. Few things could threaten the feeling of safety offered by the power of a Rubicon.

Waiting for the man to get inside, he then closed the cockpit and booted up his machine, staring at an all too familiar screen.

“Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn. Salix, launching!”

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Clarissa Bernadotte
    Location - Desponia Orbital Facility, Space
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:24 AM

Clarissa watched as the Salix took off, its boosters blazing with a white glow.

“Well then. I’ll be in your care, for the time being, Clarissa-chan.” A brief pause. “It’s been quite a while, hasn’t it? Hah… and the seat hasn’t gotten any better either.”

A clearly nostalgic voice echoed out from behind the pilot’s seat. Rubicons had always been mostly designed as single-pilot suits, barring some exceptions, and the Stasis was no different. All it had was a single retractable seat behind the main seat, one which no living human being could call comfortable. However, the blonde princess did find a small degree of satisfaction in forcing the older martial artist to put up with abhorrent conditions. That was not to say that her choice was fueled purely by pettiness. Wakahisa hadn’t been acclimated to the unique circumstances of her Rubicon and the older officer...

Well, it was unlikely that the bleeding vice-captain would have survived the trip altogether.

“Just make sure to focus on keeping your lunch this time, instead of showing off, old man.”

Hmrh… I was merely surprised last time, girl. It will not happen again, I assure…!”

Fujita’s words were interrupted by the incredible burst of acceleration that suddenly came out of nowhere.

Both the Salix and the Helianthus barely managed to get out of the way, as the Stasis came barreling past them, its figure seeming to be nothing more but an indiscernible red line. In a moment, the crimson Rubicon had left the disintegrating Desponia far behind it and was already half way to the Ark Royal. Clarissa could hear a grunt of annoyance from the old martial artist behind her. Indeed, even the so-called “strongest man on Earth”, could not fully withstand the incredible force that was suddenly being applied to his body.

After all, Stasis was the fastest Mobile Suit in existence.

The situation outside the station appeared somewhat hectic. The Vanguard had been jettisoned, though the reason remained unclear, as the ship itself seemed relatively unscarred of the battle that had clearly taken place. The Ark Royal seemed relatively unharmed, as well as the unidentified red ship in the distance. But none of those were particularly shocking compared to the bombshell that she saw a bit further away.

“Impossible... Did they manage to almost take down two Rubicons?”

The green and white Rubicon, the Alloro if she recalled correctly, was almost completely wrecked, while the Mandragora a bit further away was heavily damaged. The IFF system also notified her of two new unidentified Mobile Suits accompanying the red ship. Customs? Who the hell were these pirates? Construction of Mobile Suits that had such a high degree of customization and unique systems was almost as expensive as making Rubicons! Where would a random group of throwaway pirates get the incredible amount of resources needed to pioneer cutting edge military tech? Someone was supporting them from the shadows, there was no doubt about that. The only question was...

Who?

As Clarissa was whizzing past two Valkyries, she opened a communications channel to the Ark Royal.

Ark Royal. This is Clarissa Bernadotte of the 6th Autonomous Mobile Suit Division. Due to structural instability, we were forced to abandon Desponia. Requesting permission to land.”

“We also picked up some of your men from the station. Ensign Wakahisa and your Vice-Captain, although he is pretty badly wounded at the moment and would require immediate medical attention.”

“Could you brief me on the situation?”

Wiseup - RSF-025C "Stasis"

Unit Code - RSF-025U
    Unit Moniker- “Stasis”
    Unit Parameters:

CLS - A
    RNG - (-)
    MNV - EX
    EN - C (300)
    DUR - B

Base Energy Usage (Per Turn) - 25
    JMC-U03 “Kakusei” Complete Boost Complex

A revolutionary quad-engine design that allows for levels of engine output never before seen in a Mobile Suit. Based on magnetic propulsion, Kakusei is the responsible for Stasis’s moniker as the “fastest Mobile Suit ever made” and is one of the key characterizing features of the red Rubicon. That is not to say that the system is without its faults. The physical stress placed on the pilot is considerable, requiring either an extensive acclimatization period or mechanical augmentation to fully withstand the incredible force placed on the user’s body. Secondly, the systems almost incredible cost of manufacture (and repair) means that its wide-scale usage is, at least at the moment, exceedingly unlikely.

Stasis has a MNV score of EX for both the purposes of dodging, as well as movement. The range of Rubicon movement is set to 10 squares.

Zhen Hoshi

You kept your rifle dead-set on the half wrecked Rubicon in the distance. Altoris, at the very least, had taken the opening you had provided and had managed to land the Noir Wing at the Marchosias’s hangar bay. At the very least, you had managed to avert immediate disaster. The brown and black Rubicon floated menacingly in the distance. Considering the display you had just witnessed, it was unlikely that the Marchosias would remain intact if another attack of that scale was launched.

Despite your personal feelings on the matter, a retreat was, by far, the most logical option in this situation.

A communications window from the Marchosias popped open on your console.

“Good job, Zhen. We'll pick up that final survivor from the Sirens and then we will hightail it out of here as fast as we can.”

“Meanwhile, you keep your bead on that suit. It's the only leverage we have at the moment. If we lose that, we…!”

A sharp beep ran through your cockpit, as the sensors of the Azure Wing picked up three new Mobile Suits entering the battlefield.

“Shit. Three more Rubicons have launched from the station. Fighting our way out is nigh impossible now. If you see any suspicious movement then take the shot and get back as fast as you can.”

“I would hate to do this, but if necessary, we will leave the GUARDIAN behind.”

“Feroda out.”

Conrad Eagle, Riley Guardstein, Takuto Satoyama and Zach Ayers
    Location - EAUN “Vanguard”, Detatched Bridge
    Date - Monday, April 16th, 11:24AM
    "Just what the hell made that thing explode like a goddamn supernova!"
    Chen let out a slight sigh, her mood clearly dampened by the incredible spectacle that had just taken place outside.

“Core activation. Like the Solemn Resolve’s Luminosus Uriel. From the looks of it, it has incredible destructive potential within a certain range. I wouldn’t call it a supernova, though, or everyone in this sector would already be dead. In any case, it has a very clear defined radius. The EAU suits that were just outside the… whatever that was, were completely unharmed.”

Chen’s gave a brief pause before continuing with her rather pragmatic assessment.

“Probably most effective against larger and less maneuverable targets like the Alliance supercarriers or clusters of tightly packed enemy units. Considering that absolutely nothing was left of either the ships or the suits, I doubt that any type of armoring would protect you either.”

“If we ever get the New York back, we should avoid engaging that suit at close range. Satoyama is probably best suited to fight it, considering the Exact Retribution’s long-range capabilities and multi-suit nature.”

“As for why it wasn’t in the data…” Chen merely gave a non-committing shrug. “Most likely because we didn’t have the data in the first place. Do you think something like that would leave a lot of survivors behind? Or surveillance equipment? Our knowledge on specific EAU Rubicons is still rather slim.”

“Though… I wonder if this is one of the reasons why the Washington, Brasilia, and Beijing have been sitting at JOH-A for so long?”

TURN 6 BATTLE LOG
    EP 4 BATTLE MAP

Last edited by Mellon; May 28th, 2017 at 11:17 AM.

Zach Ayers

"This just keeps getting better and better."

He had to think that out loud, being in the sights of the Ark Royal was far from the best situation. The only way it could be worse if the damn thing was to jump on top of them...really it seemed to be a case of prison or death now. Better yet, there seemed to be Valkyries exiting the Vanguard's hanger as well and whether it was their people or not was an unknown, they couldn't be trusted yet at the same time the possibility of them having escaped the doomed battleship was still a possibility.

Well, it was time for a bit of a gamble. If it was them, great and if it wasn't...well hopefully EAU soldiers were loyal to their comrades over the words of another commander.

Again the lights of the Vanguard's bridge flashed.

'Valkyries of the Vanguard, overrule those previous orders by Captain Song. As Captain of the Vanguard, I order you to save your crewmates, we have no time to waste on uncertainties. Aid in the movement of this bridge forward, we cannot afford another moment out here as our oxygen supply continues to drain nor is there time to adequately maneuver to dock with the Ark Royal. Boost and, if necessary, escort us to the Desponia so we can come out of this alive.'

Time to see if this works.

Wise-up!
    Status Update:
    Medkit heal: left arm graze
    Last edited by Dranes; May 29th, 2017 at 02:10 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Takeshi Wakahisa

Though the Rubicon's pilot had told him to make himself comfortable, Takeshi Wakahisa was anything but. It wasn't just from being stuffed in a cockpit meant for one person or the feeling that he had just been talked to as if he was some sort of weakling meant to be protected, though those sure did play a part, it was just that he didn't like the feeling of sitting in a Rubicon other than his own. He couldn't explain why or how come, just that it felt wrong.

The launch of the Stasis however caused his mind to focus on something other than his unease. Takeshi's eyes lit up as he watched the Stasis become nothing more then streak of red and a sharp whistle escaped his lips.

"Damn, that's insane. Kind of makes me realize how I haven't really been tuning up my own suit. Actually...hey, the comms to the other suit with my vice-captain are open, right?"

Without even waiting for a response, Takeshi was already sitting up and leaning forward past the seat.

"Oi, Kang! When we get back I'm going to need you to do some work on Coinvolto! Call it payback for me making sure that coward didn't end up gutting you back there!"
    Last edited by Zagrin; May 28th, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Captain Jin Yeong Song
    Location - EAUN “Ark Royal”, Near Desponia Orbital Facility, Bridge
    Date - Monday, April 16th

Jin’s eyes widened slightly when she saw the beeps indicating that three Rubicons had appeared on the map, one of them surging from the station at breakneck speeds. Hearing the voice that spoke through the comms, she couldn’t help but to show a truly relieved smile. It seemed like she had been able to buy enough time, after all. Not only had the VIP escaped the station, but also her subordinates had managed to escape alive as well, although she had to wonder just what had happened for one of them to be wounded.

“Captain Jinyeong Song of the Ark Royal speaking here. Please send the unit carrying Vice-Captain Kang towards the Ark Royal as fast as possible. Regarding your unit and the other one in your squad, I may have to trouble you for a moment…” Jin didn’t waste any time in pleasantries, immediately giving the princess a summary of what had transpired in the battle as well as the current situation regarding the prisoners in the Vanguard. She knew Clarisse’s identity, it was hard to not to, and she knew that she was a Major, out-ranking her. However, her unit wasn’t in the standard military structure, and technically speaking she had no authority to order her… and viceversa, which meant that establishing a command structure right now was going to be a pain. Hence, she decided to establish a discussion with Clarisse first regarding what to do with the barge’s situation.

“… and this is all we know. In my opinion, the probability of the escaped prisoners being on either the Valkyries or even the bridge itself is… not low. However, I can’t think of a way to determine the validity of their claims.” She finished transmitting the Vanguard’s coded messages, and emitted her opinion.

Jin had always prided herself on her perceptiveness, perhaps the main reason she had been considered a genius and had been granted this relatively high position as the captain of a battleship and the commander of a Rubicon squad. That the prisoners had escaped and were involved in the strange happenings in the Vanguard had been a simple matter of deduction, even before the confirmation the Vanguard’s bridge had just given her. However, she was also someone who had a very cautious personality, and was perhaps too young to be as heartless as needed. She understood that, given Cato’s attitude a few days ago, the EAUN would perhaps think she’d be justified in destroying all the remnants of the Vanguard to make sure the Alliance Rubicon pilots perished. In fact, doing so would probably be nothing in the face of the many lives that would be lost should the Alliance Rubicons escape and contribute in escalating the war. Yet, she simply couldn’t bring herself to give such an order, or contribute to the possible death of friendlies.

The best solution would be, perhaps, to aim her lasers to the hangar where the White Dagger was stationed and blow it up along with the enemy Rubicons, something she found herself thinking they should have done after the New York had surrendered. However, she knew that Katsu would never allow such a move, and she was smart enough to understand the implications of firing into a neutral colony, even if it was one that was about to explode. It could easily be used by the neutral states to justify throwing their lot with the Alliance. She was having the frustrated feeling that her hands were tied once again. It was the second time since Nova Calendus. Hence, she found herself in need of a second opinion.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Stevie St. Angelo

I grimaced as the low shudder from the transition to zero-grav jostled across the Valkyrie I'd borrowed. A little more flimsy than the sturdier Destiny, like flying one of those cutting-edge space fighters.

Which, I supposed, is exactly what it was.

I jerked his head away from where I'd been resting it, the high-pitched squeal of an incoming transmission raking at my eardrum.

“Bridge of the Vanguard, Valkyries of the Vanguard, halt! The space station is about to collapse and it is too dangerous. Please head to the Ark Royal or await retrieval by my people!”

Well, fuck that.

The bridge had come detached from the main ship, so there was at least 'something' happening there, let's weigh options.

I could give myself up, go quietly, hang up the contract and my pride in exchange for trying my luck with the other side, unlikely to end well, as I have nothing to offer. Plus, don't want to do that anyway, might survive, or might be thrown back in prison. Either way, mediocre at best.

"Valkyrie 1-B, evacuation complete. Not a problem... Heading to the Ark Royal as well."

I didn't trust that for a second, Freira clearly had something in mind, she didn't seem to be the type to just curl her tail and come quiet, those crazy guerrillas'd pull shit like that all the time. Tricky bastards.

I got no idea what she's planning, though, and it involves marching straight into the guns of that stupid fucking ship and it's big dumb laser lead by Captain Bitchtits.

Then, I could stick with the 'plan' or a known variable, and pray to any God that was listening that those assholes on the bridge got something done and try and take it from there.

A gamble, but, maybe with a little bit of luck, I could pull something out of my ass.

I coughed a bit, smacked my lips together, tugged at my cheeks, then reached back a bit into what I'd seen.

I pulled together scraps, bits and pieces of different people at different places, weaving them together into a narrative, a person.

A nametag, an overheard argument, an interrupted romantic tyrst, a young face twisted in horror.

Best I can do with what I got right now.

I took a breath, and did my best to pretend to be someone else.

"Martin Jones"

I opened my eyes and took a deep, shuddering breath, god my hands were shaking, I'd never even set foot in one of these ladies before! I'm fresh out of the bloody academy for the love of God! I didn't expect some fecking psychotic loony to come crashing down the sodding stairs, locs all over the place like a blood-soaked lion...

Gods, Mr-, no, we were both equal rank now, Rupert, gods rest his soul, did all he could, but that damned prisoner took him with him.

I try and steady my hands on the controls, squinting a bit, hell of a day to lose my damned glasses, at least my eyesight wasn't too bad...

Right, Captain, the, the other captain, I, well, I probably need to respond, don't I? Just go on over there, get a nice hot cup, hole up in a spare room, complain about this all night on the net.

I reach for the control, but out of the corner of my eye, I see it, the bridge, it's been detached, a sign of emergency, the lights are flashing, some sort of morse code?

They're in trouble! Oh god, oh god, is Caroline okay? I mean, I know we only just started going out, but she likes me, damn it! Some weedy, short-sighted, awkward loon, who somehow managed to make her think I was funny!

I grit my teeth, oh no, this is going to get my file a big red mark on it...

I press the button.

"Negative, Ark Royal, our people are in danger! This is, uh, Engineer Jones, by the way, acting on behalf of Pilot Heathwood as he is, er, currently rather dead, sir, er, Ma'am! I-I, There were dangerous prisoners on board, they-they got out somehow! They could be hurt up there! I can't just let them sit there! I apologize for my insubordinate behavior, Captain, but I have to help the bridge!"

He turned away, back towards the controls, muttering to himself.

"Alright, uh, er, c'mon Marty, think for a second, don't want to smash into the sodding ship, it's just like we do in the tests, except we'll be 'moving' this time, and then going to have to make the shift and do something about the bridge and god I help Caroline's alright, Mr. MacLaft is already fucking dead and- Oh, fucking shit I forgot to turn off the fucking comm, god everyone over there's laughing at me-"

"OH FUCK, IT'S ON OPEN! Who's the fucking idiot jock who left it like this?! Ohhh, fuck it all, fuck it all... Bloody Heathwood and his stupid bullshit about space horoscopes, you fucking poof..."

"Caroline, I hope you're all right since you're probably hearing this, b-but... I, uh, shit."

My poor dignity, ruined forever, I sheepishly turned off the comm.

I reached back into my memory, sifting through old manuals and lectures from old MacLaft and his outdated phony accent...

I throttled forward, gently, steering the jet form towards the aft of the disengaged bridge.

Now then, bridge forward if I heard them right, not going to do anyone any good gawking at them.

Midways there, I tapped a few buttons, praying that they were the right sequence and I hadn't just put the jet into lockdown.

Thankfully, someone out there must've liked me, because the jet shifted up and out and in, forming into a roughly humanoid shape.

Okay, and now, I shift these levers a bit... And... Push?
    Actions

32,12 to 29,11
    Mechshift to Walker
    Push Bridge Leftward

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Katyusha Volkovnika - Helianthus

Space was open. Clear.

Yes, debris surrounded them, but most of space was just that - empty space.

Comforting.

"Really, though..."

Couldn't that girl be a bit more considerate? How were they supposed to guard Clarissa when she left them behind and charged in like that? She was already three times more maneuverable than a standard Valkyrie in Jet form, so not even a fellow Rubicon could catch up when the Major truly pushed herself.

Well, it was still Katyusha's job to cover her.

She brought up the diagnostic keyboard instead of going for the handles. With a single tap, a minor application was activated and a small window appeared on the HUD. Immediately afterwards, Katyusha seized the controls and thrust forward, but only for a second. She banked right and forward once more, all without the Helianthus itself moving.

Then she released the controls and closed the window, and the Rubicon jetted forward on its own accord.

The Helianthus moved differently from other Mobile Suits. It had thrusters, yes, but they weren't its primary method of propulsion. It glided, moving along invisible strings like a kite. Katyusha (and by extension Kang) felt none of the shaking that was expected when moving at a such high speeds. In that regard, she had been the best choice to transport a wounded soldier. You'd be hard-pressed to find a smoother ride among all the other Rubicons.

Normally automatic travel would require an autopilot, but for such a short trip it was a simple matter of buffering in a few time and location-sensitive movement inputs to execute as needed. She'd hadn't even needed to modify the OS; the buffering function was already installed, but for some ungodly reason it'd arrived disabled (along with many more that Katyusha hadn't been willing to tinker with). Not that it was overly useful for anything besides convenience. What the two-second diversion did allow, however, was for Katyusha to divert her attention to Kang for exactly five seconds while the Helianthus took off on its own, saving a net three seconds overall.

Next was even simpler. Many of the functions aboard the Rubicon were already optionally voice-activated, including several standard and non-standard abilities. Naturally, the internal speakers and microphones were programmed to eliminate background noise. Furthermore, the Helianthus (and most any Mobile Suit meant for war) had redundant hardware for key functions, to ensure continued operation in case of damage. It had been a simple matter of creating a group for a certain set of force-activated functions and tweaking the speakers to regard her voice inputs as background noise regarding any function in that group. The only one that would then be able to use them was a passenger, in this case the Vice-Captain. She'd have given him secondary console access, too, but alas, she'd never bothered to install a second touch screen in the back. This would suffice.

"Auxillary communications array and cameras are yours," she told the Vice-Captain. "Voice-controlled. Do what thou wilt."

The net result after five seconds of quick tapping: Kang got his own view and free communication to any unit in the fleet, without needing to bug Katyusha for it. And he was less likely to get space-sick.

Some might have called her a genius programmer. Katyusha would've denied such claims. She had no formal training in such matters and was completely self-taught. There was no way you could call someone who'd only read a few dozen coding textbooks for fun a professional. Her eyes, for example, had been a passion project. She'd found them in a bombed-out war museum and taken them with her on a whim, tinkering with the ancient tech whenever she had some time to kill. Sure she'd had to completely rewrite their antiquated code to get them functional, but that was no great feat; a true genius could've done such a thing in a day. Even the minor tweaks to the Helianthus were the result of her getting bored and playing around with the command prompt for a few hours. After all, wasn't it normal for a child to take apart her first computer and look at how it fit together?

Still, why had she done this? Simple: because Katyusha's attention was better spent on evaluating the situation. Without active orders they were going in blind, and she didn't want the passenger yapping at her. That tense pirate standoff in the distance was too far for her to do anything with, but it didn't bode well. The twisted wreck being held practically at gunpoint by the custom pirate suit was showing a friendly tag...

How had an EAU Rubicon ended up so broken?

Enough. She wouldn't think on it more than necessary. Follow orders. Drop off the Vice-Captain at the Ark Royal, then wait for Clarissa's next command.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin
    “… and this is all we know. In my opinion, the probability of the escaped prisoners being on either the Valkyries or even the bridge itself is… not low. However, I can’t think of a way to determine the validity of their claims.”
    "Captain Yeong Song, Ensign Katyusha Volkovnika speaking, escorting Vice-Captain Kang in the Helianthus. Proposing solution to your problem."

Her message went directly to her two allies, and the Captain of the battleship. The woman sounded... young, almost enough to distract Katyusha from her mission. But in this case, when allied lives were on the line, it was her duty to help as she was able.

"Request live footage for identification of Valkyrie pilots and bridge personnel, compare to current operative database. If not possible, Helianthus possesses... special equipment. My approach will bring it within range of Valkyries before boarding. No time would be lost, though Vice-Captain's wounds may disagree."

The idea of approaching three unknown mechs piloted by possible enemy aces would've been something to hesitate at even for a close-combat Rubicon. It was practically giving them the jump on her; she didn't know their allegiance, but they did, and would get the initiative. For a long range unit like the Helianthus, it would be even more contentious. However, Katyusha Volkovnika did not believe in needless risk. She only said what she meant.

"Can determine validity of claims with certainty, and win possible engagement with high probability. If Ensign Reid follows, survival will be all but guaranteed."

No matter what, even in close combat, if it came down to an exchange of shots...

The Helianthus would shine on.

Actions
    Movement
    X:15 | Y:12 --> X:19 | Y:12

Attack Target
    None (Canister Loaded, shooting enemy targeting Stasis if in range)

Wise Up - RSF-010MLR "Helianthus"
    CLS - ?
    RNG - ?
    MNV - B
    EN - ? (???)
    DUR - ?

Base Energy Usage (Per Turn) - 0

Equipment

Slot 1: Basic Sensor Kit

Allows for increased detection capability of miscellaneous phenomena, including explosives, abnormal substances, and faint communications.

JMC-U22 “Tendou” Solar Sail System

A system of motion that is unlike any other mode of motion used on Mobile Suits. Through the use of a what can only be called as a nanoparticle solar sail, the Helianthus is absolutely unparalleled when it comes to movement efficiency. Helianthus does not need to pay the EN per turn costs and only needs to pay for weapon costs.

Helianthus has an “EN per turn cost” of 0.

Wise Up - Katyusha Volkovnika
    CLS – ?
    WPN – ?
    DUR – E
    TAC – ?
    MEK – B

Perks

Spotter Network:
    Three seemingly automatic drones that fly about in response to Katyusha's commands. They possess powerful cameras, but have displayed no other abilities. How they are controlled and what they are capable of remains a mystery.

The People’s Soldier:
    A talent unsuited for an Ace pilot. When performing a supportive action or attack with either Clarissa Bernadotte or Reid von Staufenzollern-Luxemhorn, action effectiveness is increased and WPN rank is increased by one.
    Last edited by Bloble; May 29th, 2017 at 12:41 AM.

Zach Ayers

Zach could only be aghast at what he was hearing over the comms.

It didn't take long for him to get back into his role, as the bridge violently shook due to the Valkyrie giving it a nice 'push'.

It wasn't guaranteed, far from it but there was something to that soldier. Perhaps in the way it sounded or another but it was eerily familiar, a familiarity that made it seem almost impossible that the voice could belong to the man he was thinking of. No, no, it couldn't be could it? It had to be just an EAU techie that was in way over his head, right? Was it even really a time to think about such things...?

Then maybe the rest of them were...? Long shot but better than nothing, right?

Not like they had much to lose if they lost the New York anyway.

'Caroline is fine, escort us to the Desponia and pick her up Engineer Jones. The rest of you follow us, if need be we'll need you to transport some of the crew as well.'

If it was actually Stevie, he might pick it up...if it wasn't well at least the EAU still had someone with a shred of humanity still with them.

Well, regardless of that there was still one thing to do.

"On the last stretch and we don't have much in the way of time. Three new Rubicons also just showed up and at any moment's notice the giant gun masquerading as a battleship is going to blast us out of the sky. Unless this damn bridge has any more power to it we're only just going to reach that crumbling space station."

They were grim odds. The worst yet.

Zach glanced at the pilot in charge, the Ace of the Alliance. The one who had been his instructor during his tenure at Nova Calendus, the man was a legend so...

He was never one for brilliant tactics, if anything it was probably his least favorite subject at the Academy. Maybe there could be a smarter way about this but...did they really have time? Was he going to overstep his bounds with what he was going to say next? Maybe, maybe not.

But was he going to just sit down here and die?

Hell no.

"Think you can make it, Teach?"
    Last edited by Dranes; May 29th, 2017 at 04:46 AM.