Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunny-chan's Magical Garage

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Hey that one's pretty neat. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
    This isn't fan-art, but since it IS new, why not.

#76 Yurei Motorsports BAC Mono
    A last-minute entry into a livery contest over at the Project CARS (World of Mass Development) forums, the Yurei Motorsports entry is a foray into Japanese petit-style cuteness. Since the BAC Mono is originally designed for road use, this car can turn left AND right.
    Please note that only the livery design is mine; the modeling was done by the very, very skilled modelers at Slightly Mad Studios.

Driver must be The Stig.
    Very nice design Fuzzy.
    Hope we see more of it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

Mongrelwest Motorsport Fuzzy Bunny's Avatar
    Sometimes you're a pretend race car driver, and you're so serious about racing that you decide that only the most realistic racing games will do, and you want to race with only the real cars with the real tracks and the real AI driver names with the real rules with the real weather.

However, there are those rare nights where you just don't give a fuck.

This is Mech-Hisui. As a drivable race car. She's now an add-on car for freeware racing game GeneRally, and you can download her here. Now go, and (literally) out run the local kart racers.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Quad's Avatar
    please make BER SER CAR for that game

One of my friends wanted me to adapt the Yurei-chan livery to a few other cars, so here are pics of those.
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
    Spoiler:

Aston-Martin Lola DBR1-2
    Spoiler:

As a (sort of late) tribute to Miyu Matsuki, voice actress for Hisui in Melty and Carnival Phantasm, I revisited my Supra livery and revamped it from the ground up for GTR2.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Fuzzy Bunny; November 4th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That's remarkably snazzy-looking. Nice work!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Finished.

I now also have a Tumblr.

On Track Pictures

Showroom Pictures

Team Information & Sponsors

Team: Sapphire Sportscar Tributes (JPN)
    Drivers: Kohaku Motegi (JPN) & Akiha Hanamaki (JPN)
    Car Number: 914

Technical Partners:
    - DROP* (Oils & Additives)
    - AtaGO!* (Transport)
    - Aoko Performance* (Brakes)
    - Powerhouse Yumi* (Tuning)
    - Kawashiro Power Tools* (Tools & Maintenance)
    - Bridgestone (Tires)
    - Design Factory HARUMI* (Design)
    - Hikari* (Lighting)

Corporate Sponsors:
    - Isumi Pure Driving Store* (Automotive General)
    - Yoshi&Noya* (Apparel)
    - Nishiki/Nomiya Group* (General Technology)
    - Kuuko Gaming* (Lifestyle)
    - TYPE-MOON (Creative)
    - Soft Circle French Bread (Game Developer)
    - Lerche (Animation)

*fictional

If you're wondering why "Kohaku" and "Akiha" have their wrong family names, it's because the drivers came from a game project I've been throwing ideas around. There's a team called Archetype Racing Club, which has an entire driver line-up of Tsukihime references.

"Thank you, Miyu-san!"
    Last edited by Fuzzy Bunny; November 4th, 2015 at 10:20 PM.

Well made, Fuzzy.
    Man, you should work as painter for cars.
    You can make some Epic liveries, mate.

You're both Grails.

Up until now, I haven't done any drawing-drawing, either digital or pencil-and-paper, for several years.
    That's changed now!
    Well, sort of.
    Original post

Yes, she's a princess-themed racing driver. If you're wondering why her hands appear to be so huge, it's because she's wearing gloves. The whole thing is a bit of a rough sketch, and I'd love to make a full-color version of this in the future.

Oh, yeah, this is her chariot. Well... her and her lover's, anyways.

Her team background
    The tuning and motorsports lifestyle shop Garage House Tsuchigami is proud to fully reveal the details of its Super GT program to the public. Since 1968, the company has been a regular in numerous amateur-level championships, supporting a variety of privateer teams looking to push the envelope and their luck. After the rise of Haruna Tsuchigami (then Haruna Tsukimura) under their wing in the early-to-mid 90's, however, the company established a dedicated pro racing program under the Tsuchigami no Kyojin banner, with factory support from Honda.

I made some updates after figuring out some smoothing functions in Clip Studio Paint (hooray)!
    So this line art is a bit cleaner than the last version.

Spoiler:

Original post here.

One of my mates requested that I draw a bunch of waifus (and a real D1 Street Legal Ladies' League driver in an anime style) in a way that parodies the Need for Speed 2015 cover.

Spoiler:

From left to right:
    Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate series)
    Saori Ishikawa (D1 Ladies' League)
    Nitori Kawashiro (Touhou)
    Reina Akikawa (Wangan Midnight)
    Haruka Amami (The Idolmaster)

...goddamned in-jokes.

Your line cleanup looks fantastic And your proportions are really nice too. Do you prefer working in digital or pencil/etc?

Also, I've found that even for things I never got around to finishing, inside-joke art remains some of my favorite work.

your cars look amazing !! Need For Waifus is looking awesome too keep the good work !!

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    Your line cleanup looks fantastic And your proportions are really nice too. Do you prefer working in digital or pencil/etc?

Also, I've found that even for things I never got around to finishing, inside-joke art remains some of my favorite work.
    Thanks. So far I'm really enjoying digital-only drawing, but I'd like to log some more hours on the tablet and Clip Studio Paint before I can be certain. I admit to using a LOT of reference for the princess-racer sketch, and abusing the crap out of CSP's figure posing utility to have a starting point. Need for Waifus is totally freehand, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PuRin0 View Post
    your cars look amazing !! Need For Waifus is looking awesome too keep the good work !!
    Thanks, but the modelers of these cars are the ones you should really thank, hahaha. Good texturing and skinning can't save a crap model

Thanks. So far I'm really enjoying digital-only drawing, but I'd like to log some more hours on the tablet and Clip Studio Paint before I can be certain. I admit to using a LOT of reference for the princess-racer sketch, and abusing the crap out of CSP's figure posing utility to have a starting point. Need for Waifus is totally freehand, though.
    References are used professional artists, too. There's no shame using them and there's no such thing as abusing them, haha. In fact, using references is really the best way to learn. I used to think it didn't "count" unless you did it totally from your brain but I was young and naive and have since learned better. Also, since you have a figure posing utility, you should always take full advantage of it!

I've also found that once you get used to digital, it's hard to go back to traditional mediums. There's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to using a tablet but once you've got it down it just becomes second nature and there's no smudging or messy erasing or issues with the paper texture reaching its limit on the amount of ink/graphite/whatever that it can take. I think if you stick with it, you'll really prefer it for default later.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    In fact, using references is really the best way to learn. I used to think it didn't "count" unless you did it totally from your brain but I was young and naive and have since learned better.
    I should probably give some background so you (and other fellow BL-goers) have some context to why I'm still sort of thinking in that latter way. Prior to me doing livery design stuff for Project CARS, I used to do a LOT of 'parody liveries' where I would practically rip off of a real racing car's scheme, but replace the sponsors with anime-themed parodies. I thought it was funny at the time, but as my skills (or perceived skill level, anyway) increased, I started looking down on just taking something that already existed, memeing it into the ground, and then trying to pass it off as original. One could probably point this out as ironic, but it takes a lot more to do a good parody of a moment/cover in an anime/game/manga/show than just taking the existing design and altering the spelling so it resembles the latest meme, in my opinion.

Sadly I didn't stream last bit of the line cleanup process, but I did stream much of the initial sketching and figure posing a few days before. I did a 'first stage' cleanup in the following stream; this was before I figured out, hey, the tablet software can smooth your lines and shit to make it nicer. Until I realized that, I had no idea, for instance, how Froggie's line art for their sketches are so buttery smooth and clean (notice how rough my drawing was during the streams).

Thanks for your thoughts

I should probably give some background so you (and other fellow BL-goers) have some context to why I'm still sort of thinking in that latter way. Prior to me doing livery design stuff for Project CARS, I used to do a LOT of 'parody liveries' where I would practically rip off of a real racing car's scheme, but replace the sponsors with anime-themed parodies. I thought it was funny at the time, but as my skills (or perceived skill level, anyway) increased, I started looking down on just taking something that already existed, memeing it into the ground, and then trying to pass it off as original. One could probably point this out as ironic, but it takes a lot more to do a good parody of a moment/cover in an anime/game/manga/show than just taking the existing design and altering the spelling so it resembles the latest meme, in my opinion.

Sadly I didn't stream last bit of the line cleanup process, but I did stream much of the initial sketching and figure posing a few days before. I did a 'first stage' cleanup in the following stream; this was before I figured out, hey, the tablet software can smooth your lines and shit to make it nicer. Until I realized that, I had no idea, for instance, how Froggie's line art for their sketches are so buttery smooth and clean (notice how rough my drawing was during the streams).

Thanks for your thoughts
    References are always important! You shouldn't expect to churn out everything from your mind perfectly. Generally for myself, especially with painting, I tend to use a bunch of different references to create something new. There's no way I could possibly recall from memory exactly how leather and cloth reflect light differently or how a body twists realistically or a certain lightsource lights a face etc. etc. Don't be afraid of using references especially if you're just trying to get better. References are there because no one is absolutely perfect at drawing. Your art is looking great!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Quad's Avatar
    "references" are one thing, but i see people "draw from reference" which actually means copying it 1:1 and i don't think that's really good to do unless it's a portrait

Quote Originally Posted by Quad View Post
    "references" are one thing, but i see people "draw from reference" which actually means copying it 1:1 and i don't think that's really good to do unless it's a portrait
    Wrong.
    Draw from reference is actually good, because you learn how to draw that pose or any part of the body properly.
    But it's also important to Build up the characters.
    It isn't copying actually when you draw it as your own character.
    If you draw the same character on the reference then yes, it is copying, but even then it can be a very good source of practice for yourself.

You're both Grails.