Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunny-chan's Magical Garage

Mongrelwest Motorsport Fuzzy Bunny's Avatar

Bunny-chan's Magical Garage

Hello to everyone at Beast's Lair!
    I have a few real-life friends who are big on Type-Moon's works, so I channeled my inner graphic artist to create a Hisui-themed livery for my Toyota Supra in Forza Motorsport 4.

Last edited by Fuzzy Bunny; December 4th, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is kind of strange but also strangely awesome.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I like it.

Blog Entries
    Make Bersercar one.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Being a person with 0 experience with digital art, I am impressed. On the other hand, me being impressed is like a worm envying the fact that an ant has legs.

Blog Entries
    GJ OP
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Very nice job! If you ever care to try more intricate designs, I recommending using the printed-projector-sheet technique. It's worked wonders for me keeping things scaled right.

And welcome to the forum!
    "Fear the quiet people, for you do not know what they are thinking."

OP is OP.

No Bersercar unfortunately, but here's some (loosely) Tsukihime-themed racing posters instead.

The posters revolve around two fictional automobile race events set in the 'verse of a game project of mine, tentatively titled "World of Racing". The races themselves are held (in-universe) in reference to a tale in which a rather brave (or foolish, your interpretation may vary) nobleman defends his lover (a princess) to the death over what was probably the longest night ever. These races are, for obvious reasons, all-night endurance races.

GT-Class Poster (huge size)

LMP-class poster, huge size

OH, somebody here likes Motorsports!
    This sounds great and damn fine art after all.

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Is that car incapable of turning right? Do you have to turn left three times instead?

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Is that car incapable of turning right? Do you have to turn left three times instead?
    Sounds like NASCAR.
    They don't know what a right turn is most of the times.
    Since they usually drive on left-handed ovals.

You're both Grails.

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Expanding upon Vizorsama's reply, here's the short answer: No to the former, and "only if the track design says so" to the latter.

Here's the long answer: The main reason why cars competing NASCAR-sanctioned series almost always can't turn right is because 1) an oval circuit goes only one direction (left turns in the US, right turns in the UK, yes, they have stock car racing there too) and 2) as a result, are purposely set up to turn left even when holding the steering wheel "straight".

However, the cars in these posters and screenshots are actually not cars in NASCAR.

Explain, explain... holy Fuzzy Bunny info dump

Although the perception of racing in the general populace in the US is oval racing, most Eurasian and Oceanic countries familiar with racing are more familiar with what Americans call "road course racing". As the name implies, the courses turn left AND right, making them even more geometrically fucked up than their "oval" counterparts, looking more like rounded-off complex polygons than vague ovals. Or rounded rectangles. Most road racing circuits are still somewhat biased towards a given direction though, usually being clockwise (more right than left) rather than counterclockwise (like every oval on the NASCAR tour ever ).

The car from the opening post is from the Japanese Super GT series, a "road course" racing series featuring two different car classes, GT300 (the slower, pro X amateur class) and GT500 (the faster, basically pros only class). Both classes race on track at the same time but have winners for both overall and within their class. If you ever look around on some racing simulation internet spaces and start seeing anime girl liveries as add-ons, they're probably for a mod that pertains to this series. It has a fairly large fan base in Japan, and has cult status in Europe and the US thanks to video games like Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo. What you're seeing in the screenshot is a GT500 class Toyota Supra from Forza Motorsport 4, painted by yours truly. The livery is of course fictional.

The cars on these two posters are from the LM GT Endurance category and the LM Prototype 1 category respectively. These two classes, like in Super GT, also race together, alongside the LM Prototype 2 class. The "LM" stands for Le Mans, which is home to one of auto racing's most challenging and prestigious endurance races, the Le Mans 24 Hours race. The cars typically are driven by teams of three or four drivers, each taking a turn in the driver's seat (they change who sits during pit service stops). GT Endurance is the slowest of these three classes, being based (loosely) on road-going luxury and/or super sports cars such as the Aston-Martin Vantage or the Chevrolet Corvette. LM Prototype 2 is the middle of the pack group, typically targeted at "privateer" (no "big" manufacturer support) teams, and are cars specifically built just for endurance racing. If you know what a Formula 1 or Indy Car looks like, try imagining that but with bits to cover the wheels and suspension. LM Prototype 1 is the fastest of these three classes, and is basically LMP2 but with MOAR and HYBRID POWAR, and they (now) all have roofs. The races for these cars are long-distance marathon runs, running anywhere from distance-based 300 to 1000 kilometer races, to time-based 3 hour, 6 hour, 12 hour, or even 24 hour races.

Note that the GT racing situation is a little complicated: LM GT Endurance is the category with the most factory support, but GT3 is another wildly popular category. The difference between GTE and GT3 can be broken down to this: In GTE, manufacturers build their cars to a strict set of rules and then bitch (rules waiver requests) when their car isn't quite good enough. In GT3, manufacturers build a race car out of whatever sports car they happen to have on hand at the time, and then, at the beginning of the racing season, the cars are all PVP balanced by the organizing body and the manufacturers just have to deal with it. GT4, a feeder category, is slower than both of these classes, and is basically "take road car, strip off/lighten interior, reinforce chassis/frame, go racing". If you're wondering "if there's GT3, where the hell is GT2 and GT1?", they used to exist but have turned into GTE and killed off due to lack of manufacturer support respectively. Also, because Americans are weird and change the names of goddamn everything, GTE in Europe is called GTLM (in the Tudor United Sports Car Championship) in the US, and GT3 is just GT (in the Pirelli World Challenge series).

Hope you find this post informative.

Fuzzy Bunny, I know that already.
    I watch a lot of Motorsports and I know NASCAR doesn't go right on Ovals.
    Negative Chamber plays a role here.
    To go straight on an Oval, they have will have to turn left/right (the opposite), since the cars have a left/right direction set-up.

LM the fastest?
    Actually no.
    F1 with the lowest downforce set-up possible will outright kill LM and Indycar.
    But you can't compare that since they don't drive on the same tracks.
    I also heard rumors that the current F1 1.6L V6T Engine is strong enough to enter in LM races.
    So, who knows.

You're both Grails.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizorsama View Post
    Fuzzy Bunny, I know that already.
    I know, that post wasn't directed entirely at you

Quote Originally Posted by Vizorsama View Post
    LM the fastest?
    Actually no.
    F1 with the lowest downforce set-up possible will outright kill LM and Indycar.
    But you can't compare that since they don't drive on the same tracks.
    I also heard rumors that the current F1 1.6L V6T Engine is strong enough to enter in LM races.
    So, who knows.
    LMP1 is the fastest of the classes that compete at Le Mans is what I was trying to say, lol.
    LMP1 bla bla bla

I know that on the vast majority of circuits that F1 cars (even now with all of the rule changes to slow them down) are much faster in a short sprint or a single lap. The main thing holding LMP1 cars back in terms of acceleration is their (much) worse power to weight ratio. Even the 900+ horsepower, all-wheel-drive Toyota TS040 still weighs a "hefty" 870 kilos, while F1s this year weigh something like 690 kilograms with the driver (but no fuel). Over the course of a single stint of tires though, the LMP1s don't drop off anywhere nearly as badly as F1 cars do, though you and I could easily blame that on Pirelli building crap tires for trolling lulz and "entertaining racing". F1s are probably still faster in all practicality on a normal circuit though, nobody in the F1 line up is dumb enough to let the tires drop off to being 8+ seconds slower

As for the 1.6L V6 turbo motors this year being good enough for LMP1: I think that's mostly a no, if we were to use any of the team's engine and hybrid systems one-to-one in a LMP1 car. Quite a few drivers suffered from engine-related mechanical failures (anyone from Red Bull or Nico Hulkenberg come to mind) this season, and, for relative comparison, the Porsche 919 (which uses a 2.0L V4 turbo, the closest engine type in terms of size) got spanked by Audi and Toyota in the 24 Hours and 1000 km WEC "sprints" respectively. (Still not really a fair comparison...)

You have motorsports acknowledge, mate.
    And you know it very well.

I won't say the current engines can't race in the LM series.
    Indeed, the restrictions are a thing, but I think if you remove the restrictions and use the Mercedes V6 Split-Turbo Engine with that carbon fiber Gearbox + ERS amd the new 500 Bar injection...
    The car won't be so slow.
    Remember that Mercedes did build 2 monsters for Le Mans.
    The Sauber Mercedes C9 and C11. (CLR could be good if the front wasn't too light.)
    The Bridgestone Tyres would be a very good option.

On Engine Issues.
    That wasn't Red Bulls fault. (Look where they ended and look at the results of the wintertests.)
    Renault and Ferrari (And also Honda for 2015) started too late on working on the new engine.
    Mercedes started already right after July 2011, which you saw with the W05 Hybrid. (Now the most dominant F1 car ever made.)

I would like to see the new Mercedes engine in the WEC with the team there.
    Then we can compare, since then all the restrictions are gone.

You're both Grails.

Hey Fuzzy.

Have you already made some new ones?

You're both Grails.

I've been tied up with schoolwork and some other personal project lately, so unfortunately no new stuff from me.

Awwwww... =w=
    Your car paints are pretty nice to be honest, so I thought you had a new one.

You're both Grails.

This isn't fan-art, but since it IS new, why not.

#76 Yurei Motorsports BAC Mono
    A last-minute entry into a livery contest over at the Project CARS (World of Mass Development) forums, the Yurei Motorsports entry is a foray into Japanese petit-style cuteness. Since the BAC Mono is originally designed for road use, this car can turn left AND right.
    Please note that only the livery design is mine; the modeling was done by the very, very skilled modelers at Slightly Mad Studios.