Thread: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna

Blog Entries

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna

Since the preivious thread was gone along with the original site... I decided to bring this back!

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna
    ひぐらしのく頃に絆

The Nintendo DS version of Higurashi, with returning, remade, new Arcs and returning characters with new additional characters (original and manga); and some new gameplay.

Dai-ichi-Kan: Tatari (第一巻「祟(たたり)」)
    1. Onikakushi-hen/Spirited Away by the Demon Chapter (鬼隠し編)
    2. Watanagashi-hen/Cotton Drifting Chapter (綿流し編)
    3. Tatarigoroshi-hen/Curse Killing Chapter (祟殺し編)
    4. Someutsushi-hen/Dye Following Chapter (染伝し編)

Dai-ni-Kan: Sou (第二巻「想(そう)」)
    1. Himatsubushi-hen/Time Wasting Chapter (暇潰し編)
    2. Meakashi-hen/Eye Opening Chapter (目明し編)
    3. Hirukawashi-hen/Daybreak Chapter (昼壊し編)
    4. Kageboushi-hen/Silhouette Spinning Chapter (影紡し編)

Dai-san-Kan: Rasen (第三巻「螺(らせん)」)
    1. Tsumihoroboshi-hen/Atonement Chapter (罪滅し編)
    2. Yoigoshi-hen/Beyond Midnight Chapter (宵越し編)
    3. Minagoroshi-hen/Massacre Chapter (皆殺し編)
    4. Tokihogushi-hen/Untangling Chapter (解々し編)

Dai-yon-Kan: Kizuna (第四巻「絆(きずな)」)
    1. Matsuribayashi-hen/Festival Accompanying Chapter (祭囃し編)
    2. Saikoroshi-hen/Dice Killing Chapter (賽殺し編)
    3. Kotohogushi-hen/Congratulating Chapter (言祝し編)
    4. Miotsukushi-hen/Canal Drying Chapter (澪尽し編)
    Last edited by keeper13; May 2nd, 2011 at 12:35 AM.

Forever a Supporting and Worshipping Fan of Fate/Prototype
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Trailers of Dai-ichi-Kan: Tatari

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Trailers for Dai-ni-Kan: Sou

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Trailers for Dai-san-Kan: Rasen

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Trailers for Dai-yon-Kan: Kizuna

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    A lotta trailers.

Blog Entries
    Well, I decided to come up with this one since Higurashi Kizuna is slowly being forgotten. I called this Higurashi Kizuna Fact of the Day! This is all I could think of. I post new facts of Higurashi Kizuna that I found so far, facts that wasn't shown in the Higurashi titles, such as new arcs and new characters and also there will be spoilers for each of them. And hopefully that you can post if you know more details about the facts that I posted or just wanna discuss yadda yadda, it's okay.

So here Higurashi Kizuna Fact of the Day!: the new characters, Shirou Hanada!

From what I found out, Shirou was mention in the DS exclusive arc, Kageboushi-hen (or maybe appeared with no character art). That when in the NDS version of Miotsukushi-hen (a PS2 exclusive arc from Higurashi Matsuri) that his character art has came. However, from what I found is that there's no seiyuu for this character. He's the member of the Police Department and former colleague/subordinate of Higurashi DS-exclusive characters, Tomoe Minai and Shingo Fujita. Sadly there's not enough info about him or his role in Miotsukishi....for now...unless... well, for me... there's something suspicious about this guy...and I'm not sure if I like it or not...

and now the spoiler behind Shirou:
    Spoiler:
    From what I found, I believe that (depend on this poor translation from google translate in the japanese wikipedia of Higurashi) Shirou was born in Hinamizawa, and that he is another "culprit" in Miotsukushi-hen, along with Takano (though I'm not sure if he's working for Takano and the Tokyo group or not). I also believe from that translation, he is the one that kidnapped the Nagisa Ozaki (Rena's childhood friend in Tokihogushi-hen), who later got run over by a truck during her escape. Another thing that I believe is that he might be the reason behind the case with Natsumi (in Someutsushi-hen and kageboushi-hen, something involve with Shirou giving her drugs/"medicines" that made Natsumi go crazy and killed her family I think). but what I know of that he betrayed Tomoe and the Police Department, which is probably the reason why in the 2nd trailer of the 4th installment where there's a car chase scene, possibly Tomoe chasing down Shirou, I think.

It would be nice if someone corrects me or give me more info about this character. Well, that's all for now! Stay tune for more Higurashi Kizuna Fact of the Day!

Spoiler:

Flipping the ds to read it seems kinda odd..

Blog Entries
    well, it is a Visual Novel. but not only you have to read, you have to pick choice to follow through the arc and to unlock TIPS.

There's are 2 different kinds of choice option you'll earn throughout the game...
    1) Regular choices: pick which answer boxes you pick like other Visual Novels.
    2) "Guess" Options AKA The "Emotion Selection System/Kanjou Sentaku System" Wheel: that wheel that pops up on the touch screen from time to time. You are picking how the main character you're playing as at the time is going to react to the situation presented before him/her. The choices on the wheel are thus:
    Top: Truth (ex: Keiichi will respond honestly)
    Bottom: Joke (ex: Keiichi will lie, or make some joke)
    Left: Calm (ex: Keiichi will calmly decide what to say)
    Right: Enthusiasm (ex:Keiichi will excitedly (and probably stupidly) do something)
    -EX of the Wheel: when Keiichi meets Tomitake, Tomitake asks "What is that girl doing over there?" In reference to Rena in the Garbage Mountain. If you pick the Top Left (Honest/Calm) He'll say something along the lines of "She's searching for treasure, I guess." and Tomitake will simply say his goodbyes. If you select the bottom right (Joke/Enthusiastic) He'll say something like "I don't know, probably hiding the body she cut up." ... which makes Tomitake bring up the Chain of Murders, leading into the Onikakushi-hen.
    --also, there maybe some different colors mixed or something different from time to time that you might have to guess where you select somewhere in that spot, that it's not about finding a specific color, because those colors just show where you could press to get the same outcome
    ---here's the pic below:

But you have to make sure to pick carefully, in order to make progress, even if it leads to the tragic end, because that's how the arc goes and ended. Avoid the "sad end" will lead to consequence

for example:
    Spoiler:
    In Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen, if you (Keiichi) finds out that Shion is posing as Mion all along. Shion will suffer the L5 Hinamizawa syndrome and commits suicide. After Shion's tragic death, Keiichi and the real Mion runs away together to Tokyo to move on after the incident. Mion leaves for a second while Keiichi waits for her on the park bench, relaxing that it's finally over and that he's free from the madness.... or is he.... that's when someone slowly approaches to him

As Mion came back, Keiichi is still sitting on the bench looking down. Mion was talking to Keiichi about something, but Keiichi didn't respond. She got worried, and tries to tap on his shoulder and ask what's wrong. When she did.... Keiichi falls.... DEAD. Died from some unknown cause... or possibly a heart attack and hallucination...

This is ending you earn is a Punishment for trying to escape the Tragic End.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by keeper13 View Post
    ... nice group shot there...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    ... nice group shot there...
    Thanx, I found it on Animesuki

Spoiler: