Page 106 of 615 FirstFirst ... 65696101104105106107108111116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Oh, and here are all the accepted ways of feminizing Arthur:
    Arthurine, Arthurina, Arthurette, Arthuretta, Artheia, Arthelia, Arthene, or Arthelle
    Looks almost nothing like Mirror Moon's made up goobly gock.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    This is true actually. The Roman Artorius mentioned in her profile was an actual guy and the female version of his name is Artoria, Nasu said later that Saber's name was indeed the female version of that guy's name.
    I know that, I'm simply saying why I think Arturia is a better name, because I don't think it should be a female version of the male name of the legend. Rather the name from the legend should have come from her name since her name in the story came first and the legend name was something she donned as a disguise of her gender.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    He says approximately 50 years IIRC, maybe it's just that 50 makes more sense as an approximate number than 60?
    "The Holy Grail War occurs in a cycle of approximately 62.12999 years."

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Oh, and here are all the accepted ways of feminizing Arthur: Looks almost nothing like Mirror Moon's made up goobly gock.
    MM wasn't the first group of people to use that name. It was used in fansubs of the FSN anime too, along with the dub. Again (I'm sounding like a broken record here) her real name should NOT be a feminized version of her King name like Arthuria or the names you mentioned (though those are nice names), it should be that her real name that she was given at birth is the original name and that her King name was a name derived FROM her birth name since it's a name she made to appear as a man. Going by this logic, Arthur makses sense as a something a woman named Arturia would come up with as a male disguise name.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I'm becoming increasing unable to even parse Jack's sentences. Why does Artoria's "disguise" name (is this even a thing we know happened?) even have to be related? Why isn't her disguise name Artorius and then Arthur is simply what people call her later as time went on sort of like how people think it worked out in real life? Why can't Jack just own up that he likes Arturia more because it's what he read first?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I know that, I'm simply saying why I think Arturia is a better name, because I don't think it should be a female version of the male name of the legend. Rather the name from the legend should have come from her name since her name in the story came first and the legend name was something she donned as a disguise of her gender.
    I think Terra's idea though was that maybe they're not actually calling her Arthur (just like they're not actually speaking Japanese) but Artorius or whatever the equivalent of that is.

Also it's kind of hard to word this but since we're talking about romanization of katakana here (which narrows down how it can be pronounced), no matter how you spell it, we already know it's not actually pronounced like Arthur. Like even if you say it's spelled "Arturia", the "tu" would be pronounced "toh", because they wouldn't have spelled it that way in katakana if it wasn't (the other possibility is the T is on its own like Altria).

MM wasn't the first group of people to use that name. It was used in fansubs of the FSN anime too, along with the dub. Again (I'm sounding like a broken record here) her real name should NOT be a feminized version of her King name like Arthuria or the names you mentioned (though those are nice names), it should be that her real name that she was given at birth is the original name and that her King name was a name derived FROM her birth name since it's a name she made to appear as a man. Going by this logic, Arthur makses sense as a something a woman named Arturia would come up with as a male disguise name.
    But in reality Arthur is actually considered to have possibly derived from Artorius, that's the interpretation Nasu went with.
    Last edited by Kotonoha; May 23rd, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I'm becoming increasing unable to even parse Jack's sentences. Why does Artoria's "disguise" name (is this even a thing we know happened?) even have to be related? Why isn't her disguise name Artorius and then Arthur is simply what people call her later as time went on sort of like how people think it worked out in real life? Why can't Jack just own up that he likes Arturia more because it's what he read first?
    Wrong, the first version of the name I heard was Arthruia, not Arturia, and for a while, I refused to use Arturia because I thought (and still do) that Arthuria sounds nicer. But I thought about why Arturia makes more sense and started to call her that.
    Memorable quotes

I thought the official translation was Altria now?

But in reality Arthur is actually considered to have possibly derived from Artorius, that's the interpretation Nasu went with.
    Yet the knights call her King Arthur, SHE calls herself King Arthur.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    It's confusing because Nasu clarified the "female version of Artorius" thing on a page headed with "Altria". I kind of give Artoria more weight since Nasu probably didn't make the page header though.

- - - Updated - - -

And they speak Japanese!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    We can use that, but it still runs into the same image editing problem we have with Artoria. If somebody is willing to photoshop smooth, delicious Philip Morris cigarettes into Saber's mouth in every CG, though, I'll go ahead and make the change.

EDIT: Of course, Avalon will have to be changed to "Flavor Country".

And they speak Japanese!
    Technically the only two who shouldn't are Merlin and Bedivere. Lancelot and Saber both know Japanese because they were summoned into modern Japan.
    Memorable quotes

But I thought about why Arturia makes more sense and started to call her that.
    Except it actually doesn't. False verisimilitude ahoy!
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Technically the only two who shouldn't are Merlin and Bedivere. Lancelot and Saber both know Japanese because they were summoned into modern Japan.
    They speak Japanese in flashbacks, too!

I think Terra's idea though was that maybe they're not actually calling her Arthur (just like they're not actually speaking Japanese) but Artorius or whatever the equivalent of that is.

Also it's kind of hard to word this but since we're talking about romanization of katakana here (which narrows down how it can be pronounced), no matter how you spell it, we already know it's not actually pronounced like Arthur. Like even if you say it's spelled "Arturia", the "tu" would be pronounced "toh", because they wouldn't have spelled it that way in katakana if it wasn't (the other possibility is the T is on its own like Altria).
    Because you seemed to have missed the bold the first time.
    Okay, with this statement I think he's gone off the deep end. Can we just straight jacket him and wait 7 more years for someone else to finish the project?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Yeah Jack the thing about how they speak Japanese is just an example of how things are changed to make things easy for the reader to understand.

It's like if you watch an English movie about Joan of Arc and people call her Joan and not Jeanne because that's how the audience knows her as. (or that PSP game where they're all in France and presumably speaking French but there's one guy with a comical French accent, that fucked me up)

Blog Entries
    Waku you are a god.

JP Friend Code
    Oops I messed up on one

Also regarding Illya/Ilya, MM used Ilyasviel in their scripts but Illyasviel in Berserker's Status Menu entry and the staff scroll so that's going to have to be made consistent one way or another.
    Last edited by Waku Waku; May 23rd, 2014 at 12:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ah, sorry to bother you but can you do ss_セイバー真名大 too?

For Illyasviel/Ilyasviel I think Illyasviel is the one TM settled on recently so that'd probably be it. There's still Ilya/Illya but I GUESS with Prisma Illya the latter is probably more official.
    Last edited by Kotonoha; May 23rd, 2014 at 12:53 PM.