Page 10 of 615 FirstFirst ... 589101112152060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Joke's on you, the files I uploaded are png.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    I would learn at MIT of something good for Human
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/member.php/2885-Human

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Pai
    File format is not important. Resolution is critical (^^;.
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

Don't blame me because you're getting older.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Pai
    Don't blame me because you are younger than me (∧∧;.
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----

wut

Like seriously, I don't even know what you're trying to say lol.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Pai
    I just had a dance with your scenario. I already recover from my damage of such posts. Hey, Heey, Pai, Is your scenario end? Not enough (∧∧;.
    -----

I don't think I can talk to you when you're super-uber drunk like this.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Pai
    OK. Derailed time was gone, back to original topic, it means I will leave from this thread. No need Rune readers at this moment.
    -----

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Ok, since I shamefully revelaed that I was working on H-alt scenes, there's no need to hide it anymore. I have a nitpick with the first one. Here it is:

Spoiler

Why not just break the contract? That makes more sense. If they break the contract, Shirou could just re-contract with Saber before she disappears and then you have a pass that works completely. Doing it this way would of course be waaaay less dangerous than the H-alt and way less awkward than the H-version. So why the fuck didn't they just do that?
    Spoiler:
    I imagine the 'before she disappears' part is critical here. The absolute mechanics of how 'supplying prana' and 'being an anchor' intersect aren't always entirely clear, but I'm fairly sure that Shirō can do the second duty even if not the first. He's still slightly helping. If he stops, with Saber in so dire a condition, I can see her going pretty-Servant-sparkles on the spot.

And while I understand the need for consistency, I'm 99% sure 'pass' is a mistransliteration and it's a spiritual 'path' between two people. Because that makes far better sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    To be honest, aside all the cheesiness of the first H-scene, I found at least the part with Shirou and Saber finally getting it on at least bearable.
    You are the person with the most possible bias about that on this forum, though.
    Last edited by Seika; October 21st, 2013 at 08:00 AM. Reason: woah I totally forgot how spoiler tags work for a second there
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    You are the person with the most possible bias about that on this forum, though.
    Hey, I know what I like, ok. I like Rin, but miss "I didn't know I swang this way" didn't do it for me back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Spoiler:
    I imagine the 'before she disappears' part is critical here. The absolute mechanics of how 'supplying prana' and 'being an anchor' intersect aren't always entirely clear, but I'm fairly sure that Shirō can do the second duty even if not the first. He's still slightly helping. If he stops, with Saber in so dire a condition, I can see her going pretty-Servant-sparkles on the spot.

And while I understand the need for consistency, I'm 99% sure 'pass' is a mistransliteration and it's a spiritual 'path' between two people. Because that makes far better sense.

Spoiler
    Well they managed to make it in UBW and Saber had literally already partially vanished then. But say she will disappear instantly if they sever the contract at that moment, then they should give her more magical energy first (via sex in the H-version, and via blood donation in the H-alt like Sakura's H-allts) but then break and reform the contract afterwards so this situation won't occur again. Really, that's how they should have done that to solve the problem from the start

Than again, the whole "saber on the verge of disappearing" dilemma is really based on the "sick Ayaka" dilemma from the original version Nasu wrote before starting Type-moon. He just used it as a (very) convenient means to work a sex scene into the story.

As for the things about "pass", it's inconsistent. Ignoring the H-alt scene wihich was TL'ed by Hyarion, Mirror Moon goes back and forth between "pass" and "path" in different scenes, though since Mirror Moon used "path" in this scene, I'll switch the uses of "pass" in Hyarion's TL to "path".

Alright, I'll take another chance with those who can read Japanese here. Hyarion's TL of the second H-alt scene has an error. In the original FSN, Shirou says:

「ああ、ずっと言い続ける……! そんなの、惚れちまっ
    たんだから仕方ないだろう……! おまえが考えを変え
    るまで、絶対に諦めてなんかやらないからな……!」
    "Yeah, I'll keep on saying it...! I can't help it because I've fallen in love with you...! I won't give up until you change your mind...!"

In the Alt version, the first two lines are the same, so Hyarion just assumed the whole thing was the same, but the last line is different.

「ああ、ずっと言い続ける……! そんなの惚れちまっ
    たんだから仕方ないだろう! だからセイバーは、いや
    おまえはアルトリアに[line3]」
    All I know about it is Shirou address her as "Saber", then stops himself and addresses her as "Arturia". Anyone want to fill in the gap there?

Also Kotonoha, if you read this, could I have an update on how TLing the UBW scene is going? I'm not rushing you, I just want to know if it'll be ready soon or not because I want to decide if I should wait for it or just put up the next release without it.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; October 21st, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

Spoiler
    Well they managed to make it in UBW and Saber had literally already partially vanished then. But say she will disappear instantly if they sever the contract at that moment, then they should give her more magical energy first (via sex in the H-version, and via blood donation in the H-alt like Sakura's H-allts) but then break and reform the contract afterwards so this situation won't occur again. Really, that's how they should have done that to solve the problem from the start

Than again, the whole "saber on the verge of disappearing" dilemma is really based on the "sick Ayaka" dilemma from the original version Nasu wrote before starting Type-moon. He just used it as a (very) convenient means to work a sex scene into the story.

As for the things about "pass", it's inconsistent. Ignoring the H-alt scene wihich was TL'ed by Hyarion, Mirror Moon goes back and forth between "pass" and "path" in different scenes, though since Mirror Moon used "path" in this scene, I'll switch the uses of "pass" in Hyarion's TL to "path".
    From what we saw in UBW, I'm pretty sure once the contract is broken it can't be reforged with the same servant. He still could have broken the contract and gave saber to rin, but thats the same as conceding the war and whoring saber out, even if it would have made her much stronger being linked to a competent master.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamedfire View Post
    From what we saw in UBW, I'm pretty sure once the contract is broken it can't be reforged with the same servant. He still could have broken the contract and gave saber to rin, but thats the same as conceding the war and whoring saber out, even if it would have made her much stronger being linked to a competent master.
    Not really, at the end of UBW, Rin asks Archer to form a contract with her again, granted he doesn't, but if such a thing wasn't possible, she wouldn't have suggested it. Though on the note of Rin helping in the situation in Fate, Lancer in Fate Zero had sort of a double contract going where, while Kayneth was his actual master, his fiance also acted as a backup master. They should have broken Shirou's faulty contract with Saber, made it anew, and made Rin a secondary master, that would have been the most effective strategy. But then again, Rin might not know how to do all that.

I suppose that makes sense, but kayneth from zero was a special case, cause the actual summoning was modified, and without the command seals she didnt really have any authority over lancer, i thik actually breaking a contract entails a transfer of command seals, transfering the connection to another master (like how command seals were distributed in zero, or bazett's arm) so idk if "breaking" is the right word, and it might have just left rin and saber in the same situation, rule breaker had its own set of rules it abided by, hence its name.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamedfire View Post
    I suppose that makes sense, but kayneth from zero was a special case, cause the actual summoning was modified, and without the command seals she didnt really have any authority over lancer, i thik actually breaking a contract entails a transfer of command seals, transfering the connection to another master (like how command seals were distributed in zero, or bazett's arm) so idk if "breaking" is the right word, and it might have just left rin and saber in the same situation, rule breaker had its own set of rules it abided by, hence its name.

Breaking a contract doesn't have to do with Command Spells. Command Spells are just a tool given to masters for controlling their servants. Even if you use all command spells or give them to someone else, you are still considered the master of the servant. This is shown in FHA, even though Kotomine got the right to order Lancer around, Bazett was still his real master, hence why, even after Kotomine died, Lancer remained, because his real master was still alive (albeit barely). This is also why Gligamesh and Lancer didn't have their powers halved. Rin noted that someone who has two Servants will have their Servants' power halved as a penalty, which could only be overcome if you're someone like Caster or Dark Sakura who has a shitload of magical energy. Since Gil and Lancer fought at full strength, it means they were being powered by two different Masters, even if the same guy was ordering them around.

As for Rule Breaker, it doesn't have any rules, it does whatever it wants (considering the logic behind how it works, it should instantly kill any Servant it touches). Hell, bringing up something even more stupid, why did Shurou kill Saber in HF instead of stabbing her with Rule Breaker? That would be more practical than limping over to the grail with a sworded body and hoping Sakura doesn't kill him before he can use it. If he freed Saber, she could have destroyed the grail, which would have freed Sakura.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; October 21st, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Rin can't do the spiritual surgery required to remove command spells, which is lengthy and dangerous even with a willing subject and a skilled spiritual surgeon. Probably.

But transferring circuits, that's just crazy enough to work!

- - - Updated - - -

Breaking a contract doesn't have to do with Command Spells. Command Spells are just a tool given to masters for controlling their servants. Even if you use all command spells or give them to someone else, you are still considered the master of the servant. This is shown in FHA, even though Kotomine got the right to order Lancer around, Bazett was still his real master, hence why, even after Kotomine died, Lancer remained, because his real master was still alive (albeit barely). This is also why Gligamesh and Lancer didn't have their powers halved. Rin noted that someone who has two Servants will have their Servants' power halved as a penalty, which could only be overcome if you're someone like Caster or Dark Sakura who has a shitload of magical energy. Since Gil and Lancer fought at full strength, it means they were being powered by two different Masters, even if the same guy was ordering them around.

As for Rule Breaker, it doesn't have any rules, it does whatever it wants (considering the logic behind how it works, it should instantly kill any Servant it touches). Hell, bringing up something even more stupid, why did Shurou kill Saber in HF instead of stabbing her with Rule Breaker? That would be more practical than limping over to the grail with a sworded body and hoping Sakura doesn't kill him before he can use it. If he freed Saber, she could have destroyed the grail, which would have freed Sakura.
    All that stuff about Lancer and Kotomine is wrong btw.

My whole point is that SHE OUTRIGHT SAYS, that they could break and reform the contract as a means (or resommon her), which is much safer, yet she goes with the dangerous method anyway. That's what I don't understand, I wouldn't have brought this up if Rin didn't acknowledge it as an option herself.

Also, just for more hilarity, they imply that even in the Alt version, sex is still a solution that they could do.

Spoiler

H-version:
    Shirou: ...I remember. Something about there being another way since a path exists...
    Rin: Yes. You and Saber have not only a spiritually connected path, but also a physical path. So there's no need to use difficult magic to give her magical energy. All you have to do is to give her energy.

H-alt version:
    Shirou: ...I remember. Something about there being another way since a path exists...
    Rin *makes an irritated face*
    Narration: ...? Wait, did I say something wrong? Maybe I misheard her back then because I was shocked about making Saber attack people.
    Shirou: Tohsaka. Is there a way?
    Rin: *blushes, while still looking annoyed* ...Yes. There are two things we can do which I can support. We'll have to take the rough measure in this situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Rin can't do the spiritual surgery required to remove command spells, which is lengthy and dangerous even with a willing subject and a skilled spiritual surgeon. Probably.

But transferring circuits, that's just crazy enough to work!

- - - Updated - - -

All that stuff about Lancer and Kotomine is wrong btw.
    Nope. It's right. In FHA, Shirou asks Lancer how he could still be around without his master, he replies "a contract is in force somehow". Then in the bonus scene that takes place after the ending, Bazett points out that their contract is still intact.

Blog Entries
    But but Nasu

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    But but Nasu
    He makes countless rules, only to break every single one of them at least once.