Page 12 of 615 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    In the original FSN, there was a script file named: セイバールート六日目-02 (Saber route day 6 scene 2). This file was never actually used in FSN, it just sat there as an easter egg, shoiwng us that when Shinji asks us to cooperate, there was originally going to be a choice to accept, which would lead to a new route. In Realta Nua, セイバールート六日目-02 is still a script file, but it's just blank and has a note saying "Do not use this."

So I decided, I'd take the one from the original FSN, and finllay give it a place to be viewed.
    Aha, lol. :P Btw, are you contributing to the Hollow Ataraxia translation project as well now or something? I just checked the Hollow Ataraxia translation thread (I don't visit it very often), and just skimmed through some of the posts (didn't have the patience to properly read it), and I noticed several posts from you talking about a patch or something.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @All
    Anyway, translation of F/HA is fixed at 100% coveradge? At this moment?
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Aha, lol. :P Btw, are you contributing to the Hollow Ataraxia translation project as well now or something? I just checked the Hollow Ataraxia translation thread (I don't visit it very often), and just skimmed through some of the posts (didn't have the patience to properly read it), and I noticed several posts from you talking about a patch or something.
    I'm not officially part of the team. I originally joined just to report the translation site being down, but I decided I'd do what I could to help, which back then was very little. Finally, one day, when doing something else out of boredom, I happened to learn how to pack and unpack xp3 files, so I decided to start putting the already existing translations into the script files and I released a patch containing everything that was validated so far. My work on RN came after all of that.

Blog Entries
    @Jack
    Aha, I see. Cool. ^^

I'm sorry to interrupt the flow or whatever, but i'm totally lost with this translation. Can you explain to me, to a guy with no background knowledge, how these (multiple, as I understand?) realta nua translations are different from the first game rendition, and from each other? which is the best experience? how does this work?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyllamas View Post
    I'm sorry to interrupt the flow or whatever, but i'm totally lost with this translation. Can you explain to me, to a guy with no background knowledge, how these (multiple, as I understand?) realta nua translations are different from the first game rendition, and from each other? which is the best experience? how does this work?
    The original translation had sex scenes, implied sex and sexual thoughts in (plus some translational mistakes). The realta nua translation is completely without sex and sexual thoughts are toned down.
    Spoiler:
    The biggest difference you will notice in Heaven's Feel, where some plot points that based on sex were completely changed.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Before now there was no translation of Realta Nua, just patches to add some of the content from it (the PS2 version) onto the original game.

This is a translation for the PC port of Realta Nua.

Blog Entries
    Yo Jack I'm working on that dumb icecream scene btw.

I also watched your watchme thing for that other patch and couldn't help but notice the translation for RN didn't really match the voices too well in some parts? Like there was one that said something like "I don't have to keep her waiting anymore" and the audio was "I hope I didn't keep you/her waiting too long". I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Yo Jack I'm working on that dumb icecream scene btw.

I also watched your watchme thing for that other patch and couldn't help but notice the translation for RN didn't really match the voices too well in some parts? Like there was one that said something like "I don't have to keep her waiting anymore" and the audio was "I hope I didn't keep you/her waiting too long". I dunno.
    Hmm, that line was translated by MeruP, I'll send you the original line and see if you can do something better.

Here it is: 「けど、よかった。あとは[line3]あんまり、待たせていなかったのならいいんだけど」

Also I discovered a bunch of other commented out lines, due to not wishing to disrupt the pacing, I will likely only restore one (and comment out the "I breathe in deeply" line), so could you tell me what these say:

runes
    風が運ぶ光に目を細める。

……ああ、ひどく懐かしい。

そう。変わらない筈のこの草原に、違う風が吹いたのだ。

知らず、足は早く進んでいく。

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyllamas View Post

The original FSN was translated by Mirror Moon. Waku Waku then decided to start adding RN features to the original, including the Last Episode which was translated by someone else (IDK who). Then when RN came to the PC version, Waku Waku decided to do the opposite, put the Mirror Moon TL into RN. Of course, as Keyne noted, many parts were re-worked in RN to get rid of sexual content, but since the only TL we have is of the version with sexual content, the decision was made to add the H-scenes back in to RN. Waku Waku and MeruP both started working together on the project, starting from opposite ends of the game (Waku Waku worked on Fate while MeruP worked on HF), but they didn't work well together and their patches became separate and incompatible with each other. With all of UBW TLed, Waku Waku became busy and couldn't work on the H-patch for UBW. I did the H-patch myself, made a bunch of other changes, and took MeruP's work and put it into a patch compatible with WaKu Waku's and released it. I would recommend my release because it's the only one that has every route TL'ed at the moment (and Waku Waku basically asked me to take over for him) and it has a bunch of extra stuff added back in.

TL;DR RN was never TL'ed the original FSN was once and we just put that into RN.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; October 31st, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

so, final verification as I understand it, this patch of yours has a bunch of extra stuff while keeping to the original story line in regards to sexual content; and is the best and only complete one. is that right?

thanks for your patience in advance, btw.
    oh, and why does it say "ghoul" above my avatar?
    Last edited by fuzzyllamas; November 1st, 2013 at 06:00 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @fuzzy
    Your title will be changed by number of your posts.
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----

Blog Entries
    Ah wait, so this patch is going to have the H-scenes too? I thought you said something about translating the H-alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Ah wait, so this patch is going to have the H-scenes too? I thought you said something about translating the H-alts.
    You have the option to turn H-scenes and uncensoring on and off in the config menu (something MeruP came up with after a drawn out argument with me). The first two H-alts are translated, but that's it and the other references have not been TL'ed either, so even if the H-alts are viewed, they still act like they had sex in the next scene. There's no need for me to remove the H-scenes either, after all, why get rid of content, it's not like you have to view them.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; November 1st, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, okay.

These lines were about Saber, right? (if not, change the pronouns or whatever)
    風が運ぶ光に目を細める。

……ああ、ひどく懐かしい。

そう。変わらない筈のこの草原に、違う風が吹いたのだ。

知らず、足は早く進んでいく。
    She squints in the light carried on the wind.
    ...Ahh, how terribly nostalgic.
    Yes. A different wind has begun to blow through this once unchanging plain.
    Unknowingly, her pace quickens.

They were in the Last Episode, some were from Shirou's perspective, some were from Saber's. The first two were Shirou, the last two were Saber.

Hmmm..............I don't think I'll be restoring any of these. Most of them are just other ways of saying something they already say. The only one I'm tempted to restore is the third, but that's too long so it'll disrupt the pacing. But thanks for translating them.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; November 1st, 2013 at 09:03 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Jack
    Kotonoha is a great translator. You may believe your decision.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    @Jack
    Kotonoha is a great translator. You may believe your decision.
    Oh no, I'm not doubting Kotonoha at all, but some of these commented out lines say the same thing as the lines right after them, so if I restored it, it'd be like they said the same thing twice but with different words.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think the lines were commented out for a reason, so there's no real need to add them back.

(I still kinda like the "different wind" line)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Most of them are just other ways of saying something they already say. The only one I'm tempted to restore is the third, but that's too long so it'll disrupt the pacing.
    Isn't that the case for most of the commented out lines in the game, though?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Jack and @Kotonoha
    済みません。酔っ払ってるんで、あとは好きにして下さい。
    -----