Page 46 of 615 FirstFirst ... 36414445464748515696146546 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by Skymil View Post
    Sure, if you consider it as a spell! If I remember it well, I think it is just a mean for Shirou for activating his Tracing, but not really a spell. I am really not sure about this though, my memory is vague.
    I think that is what bahamut zero wanted to explain. A slogan for oneself can be considered as a slogan, I wonder. "An epic battle is coming right away? Don't worry, I'm here to be beaten to death!".
    Well Shirou refers to it as a spell when he hears Archer use it:

What you said of it being a means to activate his "tracing" that's what spells do. They say multiple times that spells are only used to connect oneself with "the world" or whatever.

I am aware that shorter spells are a sign of superior magi, they explain that with Caster, saying that her ability to use magic without saying any spells is considered remarkable.

I was also joking when I called Shirou as "master magus", I just chalk up him having such a short spell and being so unskilled as another one of Nasu's many breakings of his own rules. Though with "Trace, on." he was probably just thinking "it sounds cool."

I could be wrong, but I have no intention of arguing it here. I want this thread to stay useful rather than turning into a mess of people bickering.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; January 13th, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    One more thing to note
    Writing "Erschie Ssung" is the same as writing "Shoo Ting" in English.
    The proper speling is "Erschießung".

Quote Originally Posted by tales of swords View Post
    One more thing to note
    Writing "Erschie Ssung" is the same as writing "Shoo Ting" in English.
    The proper speling is "Erschießung".
    This would be the fault of Nasu and his shit German. I'll fix it, thanks. Any other bad German that you'd be willing to correct?
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Can't really think of anything else. The fact that none of the german makes any sense is unsavagable, I'm afraid.

Can't really think of anything else. The fact that none of the german makes any sense is unsavagable, I'm afraid.
    Well what about this? This was changed between FSN and RN, which version is better?

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8868/lbsr.jpg
    Memorable quotes

Considering the videos from a few days ago, I'm gonna have to say both #1's are better. In SLH, the attacking Saber sprite matches the emotion of the scene way better, and overlays way better so you can actually see both sprites. And less terrible German Rin is for the best.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    The one on the left is complete gibberish. the one on the right is pretty good.
    I'd use "Erster, Zweiter, Rand verschwindet" (Erster=First, Zweiter=Second, Rand=Border, verschwindet=disappear)

I'd use "Erster, Zweiter, Rand verschwindet" (Erster=First, Zweiter=Second, Rand=Border, verschwindet=disappear)
    Wow it is sad that the updated version actually has worse German than the original. Nasu + German = Fail. Thanks once again for the suggestion.

Hey Lochas, were there any other German changes that you pointed out to me? We now have someone who can actually check for us.
    Memorable quotes

Just the Ilya singing you fixed:
    http://imageshack.com/a/img571/1981/1ysn.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img31/199/aixd.jpg

I don't remember anything else right now..
    Last edited by Lochas185; January 15th, 2014 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    The one on the left being rendered as "Rand rschwinden" is a mistake that's only in the English version, probably happened when the ruby got stripped out. I just looked at the untouched script files I dumped from the PC version of RN, and it's supposed to be "Ersts, Zweite, Rand Verschwinden----!"

I don't know if that makes it any better, of course, but the only thing that was supposed to have been changed was the counting.

Of course, the counting was gibberish after being changed though.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    At least they made an effort to count objects instead of just going with baby-speak "one, two, edge-b-gone!"

Ok so I went with the advice of tales of swords

I'm also happy to report that it matches the voice work very well.
    Memorable quotes

Is it "verschwindet" or "verschwinden" ?

"verschwindet" translates as "disappears"
    "verschwinden" translates as "disappear"
    Last edited by Lochas185; January 15th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    There is still a mistake in both of those. It has to be "Jungfrau".

Is it "verschwindet" or "verschwinden" ?

"verschwindet" translates as "disappears"
    "verschwinden" translates as "disappear"
    "Erster, Zweiter, Rand verschwinden" is more like "First and second border are disappearing"
    "Erster, Zweiter Rand verschwindet" is an order. As in "Disappear! First and second border."
    Personally I thought that sounded more like a spell than the first one.

Wait, where's the mistake in the second one?
    Memorable quotes

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Oh sorry. Somehow that slipped my mind. In the second one it has to be.
    "Er schaut nicht auf die Felsenriffe
    Er schaut nur hinauf in die Höh~"

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Nothing wrong there.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I know it can be an extremely touchy subject in modern Germany but...

does this make "tales of swords" a grammar nazi?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song: