Page 482 of 615 FirstFirst ... 382432472477480481482483484487492532582 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,640 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Totally coming eventually.

In the mean time... the current process, with included, very detailed ReadMe and even totally unnecessary stuff just to make things even more so, is already as close to idiot proof as it gets when you don't have an actual installer. I honestly do not understand how someone could screw it up and honestly claim to have "followed all the instructions."

ok first, given that nofuking body outside japan can legally acquire the game, we are stuck with pirating it, once you acquire the gaem you get something like this:

http://imgur.com/a/g4n5c

then when you unrar the folders you get some Narnia stuff with no sense like this http://i.imgur.com/tJ9B4az.png

ok so you find out that you need to create the folder in documents called "faterealtanua_savedata"

so you do that

then you move all of the files from FATE part to the newly made folder in documents http://i.imgur.com/UqWJG7t.png

Then you extract the CRACK folder and put its contents into the faterealtanua_savedata folder http://i.imgur.com/kCn0Izl.png

Then you DELETE the original FATESABER.EXE and RENAME the crack file to match the original .EXE http://i.imgur.com/rBrQtoy.png

Then comes the patch downloaded from this site and the README clearly says: http://i.imgur.com/84J8PbE.png

After putting ALL of the files in EnglishPatches and Hmod AS WRITTEN in the README you get THIS http://i.imgur.com/e0jiIVr.png

Well fuck

it works now...

And now i feel stupid, wanted to write a step by step post of how it DIDNT work.. lol

i guess there is no reason for this post now except for others newbies like me to have a step by step tutorial, so if its ok with the mods let this post ramin here

None of those are the version of the game this patch is for, and the version of the game this patch is for, is no longer available for purchase, so he's actually correct, piracy is the only way to obtain it right now.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    His reaction to the patch working was pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lx62 View Post
    And now i feel stupid, wanted to write a step by step post of how it DIDNT work.. lol

i guess there is no reason for this post now except for others newbies like me to have a step by step tutorial, so if its ok with the mods let this post ramin here
    Ok this is my OCD acting up but I'm telling you now that you DON'T put the contents of the game folder into the Fate_realtanuasavedata folder. Only the patches are supposed to go there, you need a separate folder for the game itself. Amazigly, you've managed to get it to work as it is now, but once you try to grab UBW and HF, you'll find that won't work anymore so as I said before, I'd redo it except NOT put the extracted game contents into the save folder.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    None of those are the version of the game this patch is for, and the version of the game this patch is for, is no longer available for purchase, so he's actually correct, piracy is the only way to obtain it right now.
    I don't really care what patch or whatever you're talking about. He said in general "this is the only way you get the game" and I'm giving him a legal option to do so. Don't take away the option of legally supporting shit, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I don't really care what patch or whatever you're talking about. He said in general "this is the only way you get the game" and I'm giving him a legal option to do so. Don't take away the option of legally supporting shit, man.
    Don't get semantical "the game" refers specifically to Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua PC Digital Download, not Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua PS2, Fate/Stay Night PC, or Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua PS Vita.
    Memorable quotes

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I, uh, don't see anything in his post that suggests he means the digital download in specific. Considering he has all of three posts, I'm very confident in saying that it is entirely possible that he is unaware of legitimate ways to acquire the game. A lot of people don't. So please don't jump down my throat about semantics when I'm covering the general statement and not something you assume that I can't actually see.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Don't get semantical "the game" refers specifically to Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua PC Digital Download
    the game refers to the game, I doubt the guy was being that specific.
    Last edited by Christemo; January 23rd, 2015 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I, uh, don't see anything in his post that suggests he means the digital download in specific. Considering he has all of three posts, I'm very confident in saying that it is entirely possible that he is unaware of legitimate ways to acquire the game. A lot of people don't. So please don't jump down my throat about semantics when I'm covering the general statement and not something you assume that I can't actually see.
    Is he looking for a translation? Then he's not looking for the PS2 or Vita versions since those don't have a patch.
    Memorable quotes

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think hes just looking for "F/SN", and you're just being overspecific.

Arashi linked multiple ways to acquire that legally, the issue of pirated translations aside.

Blog Entries
    Is he looking for a translation? Then he's not looking for the PS2 or Vita versions since those don't have a patch.
    And whose fault is it that there is no patch? Now get to it and fix this problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by justinefremlouw View Post
    FYI, let me know if you guys need help making an installer, I have the tools and know my way pretty well around Windows Installer technology
    This is excellent. We were going to need an installer for the merge anyway so if, as CO2 says, it's difficult, and you have experience with it, then I'm glad to have your help.

How robust of an installer could you make?
    Memorable quotes

This is excellent. We were going to need an installer for the merge anyway so if, as CO2 says, it's difficult, and you have experience with it, then I'm glad to have your help.

How robust of an installer could you make?
    As I mentioned, I have a pretty good knowledge of Windows Installer technology, so if it's within what MSI based installations can do, I can probably do it. I can also do script based installations but unless we really need it, it's not really necessary.

If you already have a vision/requirements of what the installer should have, I can tell you what's feasible or not.

Since I don't see the pipeline, I can only make ideas off of what's currently there, but say for instance for the current patch, everything essentially installs to the Documents folder and each patch (english, Vita OP, OST, flowchart, etc) are separated into features that the user can select based on what he/she wants. The English patch feature is a required selection. The install could also support detecting and installing LAV as a prerequisite. Upgrades to the patch can be done fairly easily as should install/uninstall of the patch. Let me know if there's something specific you are looking for.
    Last edited by justinefremlouw; January 23rd, 2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added some general implementation example
    I shut my eyes in order to see~

Well actually thanks to CO2, LAV filters are now part of the patch (awaiting testing to determine that it works for sure), but they need to be placed in the game folders.

However the main reason we'd need an installer is for the merge patch. Basically it's partly an anti-piracy measure (yeah yeah I know you can only pirate this ver of the game right now, but still, better safe than sorry), because, if we put everything on a single patch, then they can basically play the whole game with only one route, so we need to develop a check to make sure it only installs the merge if the user has all three routes.

It would also be cool if we could put all versions of the patch into the installer and give the user the option to choose from it. So basically: Standard, vanilla, and merge.
    Memorable quotes

It can definitely be done. For the stuff that will go into the game folder and for the merge check, we can have a dialog that will prompt the user to provide where their game folders are located. It's possible to do deeper and more automatic searches, but to my understanding, you can place the game folders and each route anywhere on the machine and possibly different places from each other, so it's not really a good idea to search the whole machine.

We can definitely put all versions of the patch into a single installer and have the user choose which he/she wants, although that will increase the size of the install dramatically (as you are including all of the files from all three versions in a single install, aside from any common files the three patches may have).

Well, the size increase from the vanilla patch would be negligible, and, if things are done with proper modularity, the merge patch should be capable of reusing most of its files from the standard patches with only a tiny bit of extra which is the part that does the actual merge stuff. Of course, creating the most optimal level of modularity possible is something that takes experience, and no one ever gets that down 100%, some less than others.

I haven't actually taken a look at Koto's patch, which is why I said that comment, disregard if most files remain common between all patches. Honestly, it sounds pretty trivial (always install common files, install the extra bits depending on which patch version is selected).

I'm about to head to work, but I can make a mock install later if you want that'll show how it works.
    Last edited by justinefremlouw; January 23rd, 2015 at 11:16 AM.

After reading the last few posts, I don't think Justinefremlouw understands what the merge patch actually implies.
    We're talking merging all the game files, not just the patch files, right Jack ?

Quote Originally Posted by SurferDude View Post
    After reading the last few posts, I don't think Justinefremlouw understands what the merge patch actually implies.
    We're talking merging all the game files, not just the patch files, right Jack ?
    Well yes. For example, the Fate roue doesn't have any Saber Alter sprites (it might actually have one for universal reasons but I'd need to check) so just throwing in the TL of Sparks Liner High would cause a crash if we tried to play it since you'd need the assets.

Going to Xer Blade's suggestion, there's a high chance that the merge patch will be quite large, possibly larger than the standard patch (the good news is, we won't need to pack two OP patches though, so that won't double), so rather than minimizing the size, since it's already too big, I'll just do smaller uploads and make the installer the master upload.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; January 23rd, 2015 at 01:53 PM.
    Memorable quotes