Page 483 of 615 FirstFirst ... 383433473478481482483484485488493533583 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

I do understand that we need to merge files from each route's folder for the merge patch although it's true that I don't know which files needs to be merged and whatnot. It's true that if I'm to make an installer for the merge patch, I would need all the details on which file gets copied/merged where. I think this is pretty obvious as I haven't worked on the patch at all.

Again though, copying or overwriting files aren't exactly hard to do if u know which files u want where...unless there's some voodoo magic involved in merging the three routes
    I shut my eyes in order to see~

Would it be possible to just point something in the merge patch to the locations of all 3 routes and use the game files that are already in each folder? Well, actually, I know it would be, but... you know what, rhetorical question that was entirely thrown out to head off anyone else who might be thinking it, all right?

Anyway, that is an option that could be considered, just note the pros would be reduced file size and overhead for the installer, but the biggest con would obviously be the patch would be more complex to a not-insignificant degree to the point where the pros probably wouldn't be worth all the headaches, and there wouldn't really be any meaningful advantage for the end result, which is after the installer is finished.

A midpoint which, well, is pretty much what you'd HAVE to do to make any of this reasonably possible [and reasonably reasonable] would be for the installer to use a script to copy/move all the game files from all 3 routes into one place that the merged game can use. Ideally you'd want to extract the files from the archives and build new composite archives with them (similar-ish to how mirror moon's voice patch for the original works, but, as with that case, this would make for some pretty long install times), with the alternative being renaming/throwing in subfolders and modifying the relevant files that point to things to figure out how everything works (which has so many potential issues I don't even care to list them).

There's also a few aesthetics that would be more difficult to work in this format. For example. The title on the window, if you'd want to remove the route name and just call it Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua], the problem would be that the portion of the config file that lists that is called before patches in the save folder are checked for patches. So to get around this, we need the modified config in the game folder in a folder titled patch.xp3 (which is still supported, just not patch2, patch3, etc.).
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by justinefremlouw View Post
    it's true that I don't know which files needs to be merged and whatnot. It's true that if I'm to make an installer for the merge patch, I would need all the details on which file gets copied/merged where. I think this is pretty obvious as I haven't worked on the patch at all.
    We're a little ways away from that but when the time comes I'll walk you through the pipeline.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    I've already a basic idea of how the installer should work. I'll detail it later once I get home.

In the mean time, how's the latest patch testing going ?
    Release any time soon ?

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferDude View Post
    In the mean time, how's the latest patch testing going ?
    Sorry, in-depth OP video testing did not commence yet. Yesterday wasn't a good time but later today (3-4 hours from now) looks good.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    How much was it for download on internet?

I have some preliminary results. They're all the same as or similar to pre-existing issues, so I'll just cheat and copy & paste most of the text from my old bug-report post.

First, in the Extra menu, when not playing a video "In Frame", you cannot stop the video by clicking in the letter-box/pillar-box "black bar" area - this occurs when running the VN in fullscreen as well.

Second, this one now occurs in both fullscreen and windowed:

windowed - the dreaded fat Saber

4:3 - the dreaded fat Saber

16:9 - the dreaded fat Saber

Thirdly this one occurs only in windowed and also only occurs if the video resolution is higher than or equal to your desktop resolution - note that this occurs both during the story and on the Extra menu, but it does not occur with the 2004 OPs:
    4:3 - Improper video framing (letter-boxing)

16:9 - Improper video framing (cropped)

Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2015 at 12:30 AM.

You know, I never did get what you were trying to convey before with the last report, I just fgured it out. Yeah basically it stretches to the requested resolution no matter what, so for example. I have a 1366x768 screen res, so the Fate Vita OP, which is 1080p, still outputs at 1080p, but since my resolution is lower it basically goes off screen to depict it.

At that point the fix is relatively simple, just use fullscreen mode.
    Memorable quotes

Well other than that stuff I didn't run into anything other bugs or the like. Now that was preliminary as in I only tested on my main PC, but I did test every type of video playback with the following resolutions:

800x600 @ fullscreen (4:3)
    1152x864 @ windowed (4:3)
    1280x704 (wider than 16:9)
    1368x1096 (taller than 4:3 & 5:4)
    1928x1100 (narrower than 16:9)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    You know, I never did get what you were trying to convey before with the last report, I just fgured it out. Yeah basically it stretches to the requested resolution no matter what, so for example. I have a 1366x768 screen res, so the Fate Vita OP, which is 1080p, still outputs at 1080p, but since my resolution is lower it basically goes off screen to depict it.

I should probably point out that, as NM actually already said but it was so fleeting you may have overlooked it (no one ever pays attention to the "or equal to" part of inequalities...), that also applies to screens that have the same resolution as the video. For example, if I have my monitor set to 1080p and try to run the Fate Vita OP in windowed mode, part of the video still overflows past the edge of the display, because the window frame uses pixels.

I have now edited in emphesis.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I totally should put in some 16:10 screenshots just to remind people that 16:9 isn't everything since I get the impression that people are just dismissing the 4:3 as a case of "nobody uses that anymore" rather than it just being an example of a taller-than 16:9 ratio.

Example: Did you know Monoprice is coming out with a 30" 2560x1600 (16:10) 120hz IPS monitor?
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2015 at 12:44 AM.

By the way, a possible work around for the "or equal to" part, which will surely impact a fair amount of users as the average monitor is currently 1080p: have it switch to a chromeless window when the video player starts. That way there is nothing taking up screen real estate outside of the video itself.
    Last edited by XerBlade; January 24th, 2015 at 12:34 AM.

I'm guessing NM just deleted a post considering I clicked next page and landed on the same page.
    Memorable quotes

I'm guessing NM just deleted a post considering I clicked next page and landed on the same page.
    There are all sorts of reasons that could've happened. These boards are weird.
    Last edited by XerBlade; January 24th, 2015 at 12:48 AM.

I deleted my post and moved it to an edit of my previous post since I didn't feel that it was worthy of its own post.

Besides, I wanted more focus to be put on XerBlade's chromeless idea. In fact, I'll quote it here:
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    have it switch to a chromeless window when the video player starts.
    I like this idea and it should totally be implemented.
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2015 at 01:04 AM.

I am here to report SUCCESS! I gave the patch to my test subject and it worked perfecty. We did it, NO MORE EACESSVIOLATIONS!

Everyone praise CO2 for the Jesus he is for pulling this off.
    Memorable quotes

CO2, bless your soul, you've saved all of Heaven's Feel!
    And to thank you for what you've done, we are going to give you a very special gift.
    For saving the entire universe from the EAccessViolations, we give you this: Keanu Reeves' statue.
    Congratulations.

Blog Entries
    Fullscreen nazis
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget