Page 491 of 615 FirstFirst ... 391441481486489490491492493496501541591 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Blog Entries
    Take it to the tech diary!

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    You bought 1st gen Fermi?

There's your problem.

(not really, but using 1st gen Fermi over Radeon 5000 series is one of those things that just makes no sense unless you love physx and/or cuda or have something against ATI, AMD, and/or Radeon GPUs)

EDIT: And can I just say that I feel bad for you buying a 150GB 10k RPM mechanical harddrive only about a year before SSDs really became a thing, particularly of sizes around 128GB.

EDIT 2: And you bought Nehalem only 3 months before Sandy Bridge? Oy vey... Unlike the SSDs which people didn't really see coming all that much, this is one thing we did see coming.

EDIT 3: Wait, what do you mean that one guy with the AMD A10 APU has a better CPU and GPU? At worst your CPU is maybe equal, but for the most part your CPU would likely be faster. Not only that, but your GPU is definitely better as well.

EDIT 4: And you bought 1st gen Fermi the same month the Radeon 6000 series came out and a whopping 1 month before 2nd gen Fermi came out! *le sigh* It'd make more sense if you bought the last-gen stuff once the new stuff came out due to pricedrops, but buying old stuff right before new stuff comes out is arguably one of the worst times to purchase anything...

You know how people say that as soon as you buy computers and electronics it becomes outdated? Well not even within a year your motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, and hard drive had all already became outdated, or heck it took only 3 months if you subtract the hard drive.

I just hope this was a case of a broken PC where you pretty much had to build the PC right then at that specific period of time, because I'm not sure you could've had worse timing (maybe buying an Athlon XP system with a Geforce4-series GPU right before the Athlon 64 and Radeon 9700?)

EDIT 5: Was the Ultimate edition of Windows 7 really necessary? In USD that's an extra 100 bucks or so...also again with the great timing where SP1 came out 4 months later. Sure it's a free download but it's nice to have SP1 on the disk so that you can install Win7 directly with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Behold 2010 pricing!

Core i7-960 CPU: [2010-11-12] 4 699 NOK
    Geforce 470 GPU: [2010-06-03] 2 999 NOK ~ [2010-12-07] 1 999 NOK

That's all I could find in NOK...but in USD I have a bunch more:

Case: 169.99 USD - 2010-06-20 - 2011-11-24
    PSU: 130-160 USD
    CPU: 560-590 USD
    Mobo: 205-240 USD
    RAM: 100-150 USD
    GPU: 260-300 USD (Gainward isn't in the US market, so their parent company Palit was the closest thing)
    HDD: 200-120 USD

That should be the majority of the price; total is 1725-2000 USD, so your NOK pricing isn't that far off of USD.

Really it seems like the majority of your cost is just from overly-expensive items that provide little to no extra benefit over less expensive solutions along with just plain old bad timing (look at the pricepoint charts for the CPU and RAM).
    A lot of your post was pretty Greek to me. Why don't you call the components by their type and model name, like a normal person, instead of using codenames that no-one who's not a computer nerd would use, and save me the trouble of having to use Google. I don't know a soul who calls them by those. I don't know what "Fermi" is (Google doesn't even give me anything useful), but I'm assuming you must mean the Geforce GTX 470 graphics card, in which case I have no idea why you would say that buying that rather than Radeon makes no sense, since at the time when I bought that card, it was the second best Geforce card on the market, and I've always heard from everyone that Geforce's cards are the best, not Radeon, AMD, or ATI. That may have changed now, but that was the consensus everywhere I looked back then.

I've never heard of "Nehalem" or "Sandy Bridge" either, but from Google I understand that you're talking about the Intel Processor. Again, it was the second best available to me at the time, and as with the graphics card, I went with the second best option rather than the best one, because the newest version was seriously expensive.

And you don't need to feel bad about me buying that harddrive a year before SSD's became a thing, because a year is a lot to me, so I never would have waited for them, and I've never bought any even after they came out anyway, because they're a LOT more expensive, not as widely available/sold, and I don't see the point. Even as of today I've never bought or used one. I don't care for them. Actually, I believe I told you that before once.

As for that guy's GPU and CPU actually not being better than mine, ye, sorry, I didn't notice that his graphics card was a GT, and not a GTX, so I thought it was a much newer model than mine. As for the processor, I blame it on the fact that I'm not knowledgeable about Radeon.

Also, I may have bought stuff right before new and better stuff came out, but I wouldn't have known that even after they came out, since I didn't pay much active attention to that kind of stuff back then. Still don't, really...Also, I had already waited a while to buy a new computer when I did. I believe it was a case of replacing a broken PC though, so there's that...at least. Was it worth it to get Windows 7 Ultimate rather than Home Premium (XP was not an option, as much as I wanted to keep using it back then)? I don't know. I'm not sure. Maybe?

P.S: You really need to do something about that habit of yours of editing a post a bazillion times, or deleting several posts and making new ones all the time (which is even worse). Rather than hastily posting and then remembering several things you wanted to add afterwards, or realizing that some of the things you said weren't quite like you wanted them to be, slow down a bit, and take your time thinking while writing your post, so you can add more of the stuff you want to say, the way you want to say it, to one post. Especially when you write long posts, like you and I both often do.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; January 31st, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    stop

Hammer Time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey, Rokudaime and Mr. 64, you've been warned before about these tangents about comp specs, you got the VMs and PMs to use for off topic discussion, so use them. Don't want to have to repeat this again. Take this convo away from the thread or punishments will be given out.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Hey, Rokudaime and Mr. 64, you've been warned before about these tangents about comp specs, you got the VMs and PMs to use for off topic discussion, so use them. Don't want to have to repeat this again. Take this convo away from the thread or punishments will be given out.
    I would like to mention that I didn't post anything afterwards intentionally for this reason - I'm pretty much done with that discussion (especially after a huge info-dump like that).
    Last edited by NM64; January 31st, 2015 at 04:32 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Hey all. Sorry if this has come up already but I've searched some and haven't found anything yet.

On Day 7 of UBW, I get the following message that I can't get past:
    http://i.imgur.com/ihjROxQ.jpg

If anyone could help take care of this, it'd be great.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Hey all. Sorry if this has come up already but I've searched some and haven't found anything yet.

On Day 7 of UBW, I get the following message that I can't get past:
    http://i.imgur.com/ihjROxQ.jpg

If anyone could help take care of this, it'd be great.
    Thanks!
    This error suggests you should reacquire the game, something must have went wrong in the download, causing some of the files to be corrupt, such as the voice file for the next line in that scene, which is what the game is crashing on.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    This error suggests you should reacquire the game, something must have went wrong in the download, causing some of the files to be corrupt, such as the voice file for the next line in that scene, which is what the game is crashing on.
    Hmm, that's a bummer, but I'll try that. As long as it's not the save file that's the problem, I guess I can't complain too much.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Not sure if this is off topic, but would someone be willing to help me shove this into a Wine wrapper so I can take it with me on my laptop?

"Wine" in "Linux's Wine" ?
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/search.php?searchid=2965063
    2nd result

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Hmm, that's a bummer, but I'll try that. As long as it's not the save file that's the problem, I guess I can't complain too much.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    That avatar, I think I love you.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    Altima just locked a thread asking about which version of RN to use with this patch, meaning the need to pirate the game due to the inability to buy it anywhere is no longer begrudgingly tolerated by the forum staff, the project is dead everybody panic

Blog Entries
    Is it true? The dream is over?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

It died when Altima banned NM64-Rokudaime discussion from the thread.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    It was my impression that this specific thread is the only exception to speaking of doing yar-har fiddle-dee-dee in regards to RN PC and that said exception did not apply to the forum as a whole.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    It was my impression that this specific thread is the only exception to speaking of doing yar-har fiddle-dee-dee in regards to RN PC and that said exception did not apply to the forum as a whole.

*copyright infringement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Sorry. I honestly completely forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    That was my impression as well. Jack has said as much several times. So I don't find it surprising at all that Altima locked that thread, and I also don't see it as a problem for/threat to neither this thread, nor this project.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

I PM'ed Altima to get confirmation that this ruling is still in place. I would have asked Elf since she's the one I originally spoke to, but she hasn't been on in a few days.
    Memorable quotes