Page 502 of 615 FirstFirst ... 2402452492497500501502503504507512552602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Blog Entries
    I play FSN across three 4k monitors, I demand this project appease my resolution.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Consider that there are gamers that actually play PC games in "windowed fullscreen" or a maximized window.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    I think that would be a mistake that you guys would 100% inevitably have to rollback at a later date, as monitor technology advances over time.

Sooner or later someone is going to try and play FSN on a monitor where 1080p is 25% or less of the screen and your logic is not going to hold at all.
    And then they pretty much won't even be able to read the game text in window mode, so this is a moot point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Consider that there are gamers that actually play PC games in "windowed fullscreen" or a maximized window.
    I do this only on those games which bug out if you try to switch windows via Alt+Tab when they are in fullscreen.

Like basically every Bethesda game.

The thing is, you kinda need chromeless window mode for that to even make sense when the game window is matching your desktop resolution.

I'm neutral on this, so let me hear votes on this.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    I say make a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Is Not Into Bondage View Post
    I say make a switch.
    It's difficult to seriously vote after a post like that one.

Blog Entries
    Who said I wasn't serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Hey, there's already a switch in the movie menu....
    And that one was there before.

Hi can anyone help me? I recently started playing through this again and the OP's aren't working properly, I mean they will play but there isn't any audio for them. I've tried reinstalling CCCP and LAVFilters but had no luck. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Quick question guys -
    I was thinking about the movies playing during the game. Since we use the Vita and PS2 openings which have 1080p and 720p resolution respectively, I was thinking of making the movie play in full screen regardless if you're playing the game window or full screen.
    I for one play window, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to play a 1080p movie with a window occupying the whole screen, instead of a full screen. 720p is ok, but I still think playing HD movies in full screen would have better immersion.
    I also think those changes should be applied to the widescreen movies in the movie menu (orignal op themes from the 2004 release will stay the same).

What do you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I'm neutral on this, so let me hear votes on this.
    I always play my videos in fullscreen, since I always play the game in fullscreen, but never the less, like some of the others already mentioned, I think this is probably a bad idea. There are bound to be people that play in windowed mode on bigger monitors that are going to complain, and then you'll have to undo the change. And having the freedom to choose for yourself whether you want to display the videos windowed or in fullscreen regardless of resolution is always good anyway imo. People like having freedom and not having things be forced on them.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

1440p or not, I think if I'm playing in windowed mode, I don't want the game to suddenly go fullscreen when I chose windowed mode. Especially because fullscreening makes the screen flicker and takes a second longer than just changing the window size.

Actually ideally we shouldn't change the window size at all, but since 800x600 is so low the 16:9 movies would be tiny within the window. Changing that to 16:9 is 1067x600 which is almost 720p. In that case, I would prefer playing 1080p videos in the 720p window rather than resizing the window.

*I'm using a 1440p monitor
    Last edited by ニサンカタンソ; March 4th, 2015 at 12:20 PM.

The Nay's have it then. Sorry Quibi, but this one is binned.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Promek View Post
    Hi can anyone help me? I recently started playing through this again and the OP's aren't working properly, I mean they will play but there isn't any audio for them. I've tried reinstalling CCCP and LAVFilters but had no luck. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
    You could always try it without CCCP seeing how we recommend only LAVFilters...

Also we do have a new version of the OP patch in the works as you may have been able to tell from the discussion about playing OPs in fullscreen and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by ニサンカタンソ View Post
    1440p or not, I think if I'm playing in windowed mode, I don't want the game to suddenly go fullscreen when I chose windowed mode. Especially because fullscreening makes the screen flicker and takes a second longer than just changing the window size.
    Exactly !
    Windowed mode is... windowed mode.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    And then they pretty much won't even be able to read the game text in window mode, so this is a moot point.
    There are lots of laptops with 15 inch 1080p screens, which have a dpi not far from 28 inch 4k screens, and I haven't heard of text size being a serious issue on them.

For that matter there are 31.5 4K monitors as well, but the min price on those appears to triple so I'm not inclined to take them seriously as a consumer level product. Newegg has 28 inch ones at under $400 now, which is less than Aniplex charges for UBW S1.

Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    There are lots of laptops with 15 inch 1080p screens, which have a dpi not far from 28 inch 4k screens, and I haven't heard of text size being a serious issue on them.

For that matter there are 31.5 4K monitors as well, but the min price on those appears to triple so I'm not inclined to take them seriously as a consumer level product. Newegg has 28 inch ones at under $400 now, which is less than Aniplex charges for UBW S1.
    Considering on a screen that size the game window would still be close to 10 inches wide, I'd say it should be fine so long as you are right in front of the screen, as in desk distance (which, if you were on a laptop, you should be even closer, so...). Don't even try doing this with a media center-style setup though.
    The main thing that comment was intended for was the "or less" though. As in those 8K displays that Samsung apparently wants everyone to get excited about (note: the average human eye with good vision already is not quite capable of even 4K resolution levels at the focal point, which is right in the center [the eye's resolution drops significantly as you radiate outward], so an 8K resolution is completely meaningless in the real world, which is not to say that idiots won't still buy it [or even that they won't have something akin to a placebo effect]).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ニサンカタンソ View Post

Actually ideally we shouldn't change the window size at all, but since 800x600 is so low the 16:9 movies would be tiny within the window. Changing that to 16:9 is 1067x600 which is almost 720p. In that case, I would prefer playing 1080p videos in the 720p window rather than resizing the window.

*I'm using a 1440p monitor
    The base game already works that way without anyone changing how the videos load in the patch.

Also, by the way, let me just bring up the chromeless window thing, again. It seriously solves the original problem that suggestion was brought up to solve, the very same main reason I brought it up the first time a few weeks ago.

Also, by the way, let me just bring up the chromeless window thing, again. It seriously solves the original problem that suggestion was brought up to solve, the very same main reason I brought it up the first time a few weeks ago.
    And I'm going to quote you yet again for the very same thing because I very much agreed the first time you mentioned it and I figured it would have been implemented by now, but you're giving me the impression that it has not been implemented, which is a crime.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Considering on a screen that size the game window would still be close to 10 inches wide, I'd say it should be fine so long as you are right in front of the screen, as in desk distance (which, if you were on a laptop, you should be even closer, so...). Don't even try doing this with a media center-style setup though.
    The main thing that comment was intended for was the "or less" though. As in those 8K displays that Samsung apparently wants everyone to get excited about (note: the average human eye with good vision already is not quite capable of even 4K resolution levels at the focal point, which is right in the center [the eye's resolution drops significantly as you radiate outward], so an 8K resolution is completely meaningless in the real world, which is not to say that idiots won't still buy it [or even that they won't have something akin to a placebo effect]).
    I assume that anyone who buys a 28 inch 4K monitor is going to use it at desk distance, where the resolution actually matters. 4K monitors have a lot more practical utility at the moment than 4K TVs, and I don't see that changing for a while. Quite possibly a long long while.

Incidentally, I don't pay attention to the high end home electronics segment so I never heard of Samsung's 8K TVs until you mentioned them just now. Are these even meant for the home market? The ones I just read about ranged from 98 to 110 inches, which make for neat tech demos but aren't exactly living room friendly.

THAAAT'S Samsung!

Well at larger sizes 4k TVs actually do start to make sense, even if it's just for the reduction in aliasing on 1080p content.

I made a post over on AVS laying out the matter a couple months ago:
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post31109690

Also relevent is this post I made in the very same thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself @ AVSforum
    In every way, size, shape, or form, 720p content upscaled to 1080p @ 65 inches will look worse than if you used the exact same algorithm to upscale 720p content to 2160p @ 65 inches.
    Last edited by NM64; March 4th, 2015 at 11:58 PM.