Page 528 of 615 FirstFirst ... 28428478518523526527528529530533538578 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,560 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Blog Entries
    That would work if you were talking about what constitutes a better saw, but it falls apart when you specify a saw that is "better at sawing".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    But it's still cutting wood. The verb "saw" merely means to cut something with a saw - that's it. Therefore, it is theoretically possible that someone could say that a saw that is more difficult to cut with is better.

The Amish would say that an old fashioned hand saw is better at sawing wood than a chain saw even though the chain saw certainly would cut wood more efficiently, because in this context "better" does not mean efficiently but rather it means less sinful or whatever the Amish believe in.
    The final cause of a saw is not Amish moral teaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    That would work if you were talking about what constitutes a better saw, but it falls apart when you specify a saw that is "better at sawing".
    Even if the Amish person in question believes that feeling your muscles working a saw back and forth feels "better" and "more holy" or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by @Leo-chan View Post
    The final cause of a saw is not Amish moral teaching.
    That doesn't change the fact that "better" depends on context and the person using it.
    Last edited by NM64; August 14th, 2015 at 01:34 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    Even if the Amish person in question believes that feeling your muscles working a saw back and forth feels "better" and "more holy" or whatever?
    Ergo, the manual saw is a better spiritual aid but not a better instrument of wood division.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

but not a better instrument of wood division.
    Unless, you know, you have no electricity, gasoline, etc to run your chainsaw. A chainsaw that is not turned on is definitely a less capable tool than a hand saw.

Blog Entries
    And so this makes 'better' situational, which is trivially true, but it does not make it personally subjective.

Blog Entries
    You understand that we're simply talking about what cuts wood better, correct? Not how the saw makes you feel or how fuel efficient it is.

Just the wood. Nothing else matters. Take the situation out of it and you can still use the word.

it does not make it personally subjective.
    But it can be. An easy example would be that maybe one saw leaves a finer grain texture than another (likely a powered saw) - in this case it has nothing to do with the amount of wood cut but rather how it is cut. It's entirely possible that some hippie may feel that a saw that leaves a rougher texture makes a better cut due to the cut wood feeling more natural or something.

JP Friend Code
    459 813 697
    How good are the openings in the mobile version in terms of bitrate and resolution?

They could replace the UBW and HF openings from the Vita OP patch if they're "objectively better".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    You can raise the resolution and definition of the polygons when playing FFVII on bleem, but that increase in 3D quality makes the result worse. The polygon models were designed to look well on lower resolutions, which by limitation rounded the borders and made them look smooth. However on high resolution these same models have sharp borders that look terrible.
    That's an increase in resolution and definition. That's not necessarily the same as an increase in quality. Higher resolution and higher definition are not synonyms of higher quality, but higher quality is synonymous with better quality. If something has a higher quality, then it is better in some way than whatever it is that has lower quality, regardless of what way that difference in quality is measured. That's what it means. It's not that "higher" in itself is always a synonym for "better" (it isn't), but when used like this, to describe the quality of something, it has the same use and meaning as "better" in this contex, and is a synonym for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    According to your nonsense, you cannot say that blurays have higher quality than VHS because they not strictly better in every single situation that humanity can imagine. There will always be cases in which the result is worse (not preferable) precisely because of the increase in quality.
    That is correct, that is exactly the case. Don't know why you think that's nonsense. You can objectively say that a version of a release of a movie or show has a higher resolution or definition than a different version, but you can never say that it objectively has a higher (i.e better) quality, you can only say so subjectively.

But a die-hard tree hugger would say that "better at sawing wood" would mean "cuts fewer amounts of wood".
    Then he would be wrong, because "better at cutting wood" refers specifically to the ability to cut through wood as fast and easy as possible (and thereby also being able to cut through as much wood as fast as possible). There is no subjective meaning or interpretation involved. That's objectively and literally what it means, and the only thing it means. That's what you seem to be having trouble understanding/accepting here. If you had just written "better" rather than "better at cutting wood" you would be right, as "better" by itself can mean a whole bunch of different things depending on the subjective interpretation, but "better at cutting wood" refers to a very specific meaning.

^This.

Yes, even then. See my explanation of why above.

You understand that we're simply talking about what cuts wood better, correct? Not how the saw makes you feel or how fuel efficient it is.

Just the wood. Nothing else matters. Take the situation out of it and you can still use the word.
    Exactly. I'm not sure if NM didn't notice this post, or if he's deliberately being stubborn and ignoring it.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Clerish View Post
    How good are the openings in the mobile version in terms of bitrate and resolution?

They could replace the UBW and HF openings from the Vita OP patch if they're "objectively better".
    According to Jack they're good enough that they essentually made his work with getting a Vita TV and an HDMI capture device that works around HDCP all of naught.

JP Friend Code
    459 813 697
    According to Jack they're good enough that they essentually made his work with getting a Vita TV and an HDMI capture device that works around HDCP all of naught.
    Ouch, that's too bad. I hope he manages to find some other good uses for those.

(Maybe ripping the F/HA opening? inb4 F/HA for Android.)
    TM backlog
    Completed
    - Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] (100% Completed)
    - Fate/Zero (Anime)
    - Tsukihime (100% Completed)
    - Tsukihime Plus-Disc
    - Kara no Kyoukai (Movies)

Ongoing
    - Kagetsu Tohya (Completed, working on 100%)
    - Fate/Grand Order
    - Melty Blood
    - Fate/Extra - Saber+Rin route completed (on hold)
    - Fate/unlimited codes - Currently at Gil's story (on hold)

Next
    - Fate/Zero (Light Novel)
    - Fate/stay night [UBW] (Anime)
    - Fate/hollow ataraxia

Future
    - KnK (LN)
    - Carnival Phantasm - Last of all (for maximum enjoyment)
    - F/E CCC - When it's translated

F/GO supports

Quote Originally Posted by Clerish View Post
    Maybe ripping the F/HA opening?
    Oh, I completely forgot about that - he actually already did that.

Blog Entries
    So, time for an update and some consultation. I've remade the status menu with prerendered text so it would look good on high res (and basically any res). So which do you prefer:
    http://imgur.com/OcMI0aO,3idhsGy#0 (there are two images)
    The differences are italic text for servant general info, and using abbreviated names for skills (not sure about MGC for magical energy here...)
    Tell me your opinion on each of the new changes.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I prefer regular text and no abbreviations.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    459 813 697
    If it were possible to add a hover pop-up with the full description to each of the six stats then the abbreviated names would be better, since they fit better the triangles and look more elegant. Otherwise the full names are fine too.

I agree with aldeayeah on the general info text. Regular looks better.
    TM backlog
    Completed
    - Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] (100% Completed)
    - Fate/Zero (Anime)
    - Tsukihime (100% Completed)
    - Tsukihime Plus-Disc
    - Kara no Kyoukai (Movies)

Ongoing
    - Kagetsu Tohya (Completed, working on 100%)
    - Fate/Grand Order
    - Melty Blood
    - Fate/Extra - Saber+Rin route completed (on hold)
    - Fate/unlimited codes - Currently at Gil's story (on hold)

Next
    - Fate/Zero (Light Novel)
    - Fate/stay night [UBW] (Anime)
    - Fate/hollow ataraxia

Future
    - KnK (LN)
    - Carnival Phantasm - Last of all (for maximum enjoyment)
    - F/E CCC - When it's translated

F/GO supports

I prefer non-italics and abbreviations as they are easier to read on both accounts. But MGC is difficult to understand. Maybe MGK?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I prefer regular text and no abbreviations.
    Same. I don't like these two new changes Quibi. Especially the abbreviations. The skills ought to have their full names. But yeah, the new font also actually looks worse to me than the old one, which was already fine the way it was imo. Don't know why you felt a need to change it.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Actually I have no idea what the previous font was. I'd use it if I knew. Same for the tiger dojo character names. I'll post images of the other changes soon.
    I suggested italics since the original Japanese text had it.
    The idea for abbreviations originated from the forum banner with Lancer.

Blog Entries
    The funny one about his E-rank Luck?