Page 52 of 615 FirstFirst ... 2424750515253545762102152552 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by Waku Waku View Post
    RN patches aren't encrypted but SN patches needed to be. I assumed HA was the same.
    They needed to be? I see. Well I believe RN in general took a lot of programming cues from FHA, after all whenever they have a scene that uses all of their "UBER EFFEX!" that were not in the original, they add the programming tag @sethollowmode. I assume this is a command that causes the script files to read and interpret commands in the same manner that Hollow would, which is funny because Hollow itself has 3 of these (or more if there's some I just haven't run into yet): @setdaytime (used in more causal funny scenes), @setnighttime (used in more serious plot based scenes), and @sethscene (obvious where that one is used).

But yeah returning to the main point, since RN is basically meant to be FSN with Hollow style programming, I guess they even went as far as to allow non-encrypted patches. You'd think it'd be the other way around, that FSN would not need encryption and that they'd add that as a requirement to boost security.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't kikiriki encrypt/decrypt everything automatically using the game exe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Also possible, but that would not explain why I can't unpack MeruP's patches with it. I could see if it was just FSN and Kikiriki couldn't decrypt that old of an exe, but MeruP's do make it confusing. Hell, I still can't unpack all of his work even with my other tools, as the fcf files remain encrypted, which means I have to recreate them if I want to make changes to the scene names (which I had to for the H-alts).

Edit: let me clarify, I can actually unpack MeruP's patches with Kikiriki, but the end result is corrupted gibberish that apparently can still work if repacked into the game, but can't be edited obviously.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; February 6th, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I packed a FSN patch without encryption just now to make sure I wasn't crazy and it crashed the game.

I packed a FSN patch without encryption just now to make sure I wasn't crazy and it crashed the game.
    I once packed a patch for FSN with Kikiriki and it just plain didn't recognize it at all, completely ignoring the patch.
    Memorable quotes

Edit: Hey Lochas, is it possible that you can do a re-read error check of Fate for me in light of Sarn being relieved of this task? I've actually been trying to re-read through the entire VN but have had so little time that I'm only on the second scene of Day 1 so far and I started mid January. It's worth me doing because I can find things that even you miss (like the fact that the prologue accidentally switches from RN music to FSN music at one spot) but you'd be much faster than me.
    I am still planning to re-read Fate not matter what. So I'll try to report any mispelling/typo-related thing that I find.
    Last edited by Sarn; February 8th, 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    I am still planning to re-read Fate not matter what. So I'll try to report any mispelling/typo-related thing that I find.
    Good, because Lochas PM'd me and well, all I'll say is he's got stuff going on IRL that pretty much means I won't be asking him to read through it for me.
    Memorable quotes

Well I'm not a native english speaker so not 100% trustworthy, but I'll do my best to read seriously.

Edit: Not sure if it's relevant to anything, but a scene's name (on save) during the prologue is a bit... scary. It's Archer's summoning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savetitle_prologue.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	9995
    Last edited by Sarn; February 9th, 2014 at 07:03 PM.

Looks like it named it based on the last programming command used in the script file before you saved. Weird, but not an issue.
    Memorable quotes

JP Friend Code
    This one seems to be my fault. It's being caused by page 134 in プロローグ1日目.ks. @cl ended up on the page line somehow.

This one seems to be my fault. It's being caused by page 134 in プロローグ1日目.ks. @cl ended up on the page line somehow.
    Ah, thanks, I can fix that.

Edit: This would explain why Shirou's sprite doesn't disappear when it's supposed to.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; February 10th, 2014 at 04:34 AM.
    Memorable quotes

This would explain why Shirou's sprite doesn't disappear when it's supposed to
    Haven't noticed anything like that, but perhaps it just seemed okay to me for it to stay on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    Haven't noticed anything like that, but perhaps it just seemed okay to me for it to stay on screen.
    When I first saw it I was like "doesn't he disappear here? I guess not."
    Memorable quotes

Not sure if it really is a mistake, but I think the sentence "You're strongest like this" is a bit weird. I'd have said "You're stronger like this" (or "the strongest", but it seems too much and inappropriate)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strongest.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	10003
    (during Archer's and Rin's dialogue in the burnt field, Prologue)

I'm starting to feel like if you guys are going to talk about nothing but the patch and bump this thread 50 times a day that this thread should be moved to Translations.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I am not in charge of this thread nor is it really a "translation" project, but I'd tend to agree with that.
    Last edited by Sarn; February 10th, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

We don't really have anywhere else for threads about working on the technical issues of modifying visual novels. A bit too narrow a subject matter.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I've been wanting to start a new thread about it for a while, but I don't want all of the posts in this one to be forgotten about as a result. I probably would have started the new thread for my next release, but still waiting on H-alts for that.
    Memorable quotes

If it's doable (because I don't actually know how technology works), a mod could move all the posts made after a certain point to the new thread. I think it's fairly safe to say that most posts made recently have been about the patch work you guys have been doing.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    If it's doable (because I don't actually know how technology works), a mod could move all the posts made after a certain point to the new thread. I think it's fairly safe to say that most posts made recently have been about the patch work you guys have been doing.
    It has literally been the only subject on this thread. MeruP was posting his here so I decided, "I guess this is where I should post stuff" and it just went from here.

If the posts can be moved, I'd love it, because I think a lot of people don't know about this project due to it being here rather than in Translations.
    Memorable quotes